Subject: Announcement: Report Available

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Feb 1995 04:01:41 -0000

[[You may be getting this twice.  If so, sorry about the mixup.  W.L.]]     

New Report Available:

     WORLD AGRICULTURE: REGIONAL SUSTAINABILITY AND ECOLOGICAL LIMITS         
   
                        by Jonathan M. Harris

     This report compares the conflicting conclusions reached by 
     several recent analyses of world food supply and demand, 
     and presents its own projections for each region through the
     year 2025.  It estimates the yield increases needed to meet
     desired per capita production levels and discusses the 
     ecological constraints standing in the way of achieving them.  

     The author is Senior Research Associate at the Global Development
     and Environment Institute, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy,
     Tufts University.  

     To obtain a copy, send a self-addressed 9x12 envelope with
     $1.47 US postage (postage may be omitted outside the U.S.) to:

         Center for Agriculture, Food and Environment, School 
         of Nutrition, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155.