Subject: Re: Gardening book for colder climates

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 2 Jan 1995 20:03:24 GMT

I'm another Zone 3 gardener (Edmonton, Alberta).  My favorite books are 
as follows:
Andrews, Brian. _Northern Gardens_. Lone Pine Publishing, 1987. ISBN 
0-919433-35-9
Bennett, Jennifer. _The Harrowsmith Northern Gardener_. My copy is 1982 
but there is a newer edition.
Toop, Edgar. _Annuals for the Prairies_. Lone Pine Publishing, the 
University of Alberta and the University of Saskatchewan, 1993. ISBN 
1-555105-034-X
Toop, Edgar W. and Sara Williams. _Perennials for the Prairies_.  
Publisher as above, ISBN 1-555091-005-1
Hole, Lois. _Northern Flower Gardening_. Lone Pine, 1994. ISBN 1-55105-039-0
Hole, Lois. _Northern Vegetable Gardening_. Lone Pine, 1993 I think, 
can't locate my copy.
Harp, H.F. _The Prairie Gardener_. Hurtig, 1970. ISBN 0-88830-093-X 
(probably out of print, but ask your local library).
Vick, Roger. _Gardening on the Prairies : a guide to Canadian Home 
Gardening_. Western Producer Prairie Books, 1987. ISBN 0-88833-119-3

I know there are others as well.  There's one on trees and shrubs for the 
prairies that we have at work.  I work for Alberta Agriculture, Food and 
Rural Development Library, so if anyone wants to email me direct I can 
look it up.

Jane Starr
[email-masked] or [email-masked]