Subject: Square Foot Gardening...more of it!
From: [email-masked] (Kelly F.)
Date: 8 Feb 1993 04:01:21 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.gardens

[Many good posts about Square Foot Gardening deleted...]

For those of you interested in intensive gardening, the following
books are also great:

Jeff Ball's Sixty MInute Vegetable Garden, by Jeff Ball (he also
has a flower garden book.) Topics include: How to save time, increase
productivity, raised beds, season extending tunnels, vertical growing,
soil management (making compost, long/short term amendments, solarizing
the soil, etc,) drip irrigation, backyard integrated pest management, 
and plans for many of the ideas from backyard sinks to raised beds, 
tunnels, etc. His newly revised paperback edition is now out and available
everywhere, I *highly* recommend this book! :)

High Yield Gardening by Marjorie B. Hunt and Brenda Bortz. Topics 
include: raised beds (etc,) what to grow for highest yields, special
techniques, season extending crops, devices, special regional probs and
their solutions... this book discusses 'crops' how and what to grow 
more thoroughly than Jeff Ball's book who focuses more on technique.

How to Grow More Vegetable by john Jeavons and published by Ecology
Action, a group dedicated to biointensive gardening methods to 'feed
the hungry of the world'. Ecology Action does still have a current catalog
filled with their books, seeds, and products, its one of the original
books about intensive methods and a lot of fun to read (yes, this is
a revised edition.)

If anyone else has suggestions to add to the list, stand up and be heard! :-)
Kelly
[email-masked]