Subject: [collegefarm] New Day Range Poultry discussion group formed

From: Andy Lee & Pat Foreman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:55:54 -0400

A new Day Range Poultry discussion group has been formed at
www.egroups.com/group/DayRangePoultry.

This new list is for information exchange about the emerging Day Range
poultry production model which relies on sturdy shelters and electric
poultry netting to protect the poultry from weather and from predators,
while still giving the poultry access to green pasture during the day light
hours. This new production model is less costly, higher yielding, and lower
labor requirements than other pasture-based poultry models, and can result
in near zero mortality.

This is a serious discussion group, not for hobbyists or casual interest.
Information posted is expected to be accurate and based on direct experience
or observation. After subscribing, post a message to the list with your name
and farm name and what your interest in day ranging is. Other list members
will be relying on your information, so please be sure it is accurate. We
will not encourage one-liners or no-brainers, always be polite, and ask all
the questions you want.

Regards,

Andy Lee
Living Earth Organic Farm
Good Earth Farm School
Good Earth Publications
1702 Mountain View Road
Buena Vista, Virginia 24416
Phone and fax: 540-261-8775
Email: [email-masked]
www.goodearthpub.com
-- 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/14/_/909100/_/962635225/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]