Subject: Free Range/Pastured Poultry/Poultry Manure

From: [email-masked] (Michael J. Ghia)
Date: 20 Dec 1994 01:16:59 -0000

I am  looking for literature on 
Free Range/Pastured Poultry and soil fertility values for poultry manure 
for my literature review for my master's thesis.  I'll probably  be 
interested in whatever you have out there, but specifically I am looking 
for stuff related to:
-feed value of pasture for poultry 
-forage utilization by poultry
-impacts of pasture-raising on poultry health
-economics of raising poultry on pasture
-poultry effects on pasture plants/ecology or co-grazed livestock
-poultry manure effects on soil fertility (pastured, litter, or raw 
droppings; composted of other wise)
-ultilization of poultry manure nutrients by sweet corn/other vegetables
(I raised meat birds for my research BUT am interested in information on 
layers too)

Thank You,
Michael Ghia  Plant and Soils Dept University of Vermont
[email-masked]