Subject: Farmington Fresh-Produce by Air

From: [email-masked] (PatMac5817)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 21:39:22 -0400

Farmington Fresh of Stockton, California announced they are nearing
completion of  construction of anew packing, storage and shipping facility
located at the StocktonMetropolitan Airport.  

The facility will pack,  for Export and domesticshipment, Royal Gala,
Fuji, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Braeburn andSomerfeld apples. 
Additionally, several varieties of  pears will beavailable during the
season.  Shippersand buyers will be able toconsolidate shipments at the
facility for air transport to Pacific RimCountries as well as traditional
ocean going container, truck andpiggy-back rail service.  

Asparagus, cherries and other fruits and vegetables produced in the heart
of the central valley of California will be available and can be shipped
by air.
In addition to commercial quantities, gift boxes and individual packs will
be  available.    Opening is planned for the 1995 packing season.   

The facility will be the largest of its' kind on an active airport with
airplane access, in the United States.  Over 35,000 of the 110,000 square
feet facility  will be refrigerated.  The  storage space will accomodate
large scale consolidations and shipments.   
Taxi-ways, ramps and runways will accomodate 747-200 and smaller aircraft.
Loading, fueling and ground support facilities for the planes will be
available at Farmington Fresh.  
For additional information contact Jim Carter at 209-983-9700 or E-mail at
[email-masked]