Subject: RE: *DNA isolation*

From: [email-masked] ("David Brayford ", IMI)
Date: 18 Sep 1996 00:45:10 -0700

Check out the paper by Cenis, J.L. (1992). Rapid extraction of fungal DNA 
for PCR amplification.  Nucleic Acids Research 20: 2380.
This method is quick and gives a small amount of reasonably clean DNA 
suitable for most PCR.  I like to extend the alcohol precipitation phase 
overnight at minus 20C since this seems to improve yield.  If you insist on 
doing RAPDs (!) you will need to pre-screen at several dilutions to 
carefully optimise the DNA concentration for each sample.

Dave Brayford, IMI
[email-masked]

 ----------
From: BIOSCI-REQUEST
To: mycology
Subject: *DNA isolation*
Date: 17 September 1996 7:38

I am starting a project on RAPD analysis of a saprophytic fungus.  I have
looked at a number of methods for the isolation of DNA from fungi and would
greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience in this field. 

Which method is the quickest yet still gives genomic DNA of a quality which
can be used for PCR?

Thanks, Roger Collin