Subject: Re: Morels make me sick, why???

From: [email-masked] (Mike Hoffelder)
Date: 5 Jun 1996 10:29:49 -0700

I wanted to let you know that sudden allergic reactions can occur.
I had a friend in school who for years loved hunting and eating morels,
then one year he became ill every time he tried them.

(Also there are the warnings about not consuming alcohol 
around the time that you eat morels.

---

From: [email-masked] (Doug English)
Date: 5 Jun 1996 18:48:34 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...
>around the time that you eat morels.

Ahh yes, this is the kind of info I was looking for.  My next question. Did 
your friends condition persist past that particular season?

Thanks 

Doug

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Webster)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 96 03:14:02 GMT

>>around the time that you eat morels.

 Hmm. I never heard about any problem with morels and alcohol. With Inky Caps 
sure, but morels?
 By the way, anyone else found Shaggy Manes yet?

        Alan

---

From: [email-masked] (Aruncus)
Date: 7 Jun 1996 07:32:42 -0400

Arora illudes to a problem with mixing black morels and alcohol in his
book....large amounts of alcohol.

---

From: [email-masked] (Weasel Tracks)
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 19:40:05 -0500

There are toxins in related mushrooms. Perhaps some strains have
disagreeable components?

At any rate, it could certainly be worse than vomiting and diarrhea. Has
anyone heard of worse reactions? It's up to you to decide if seeing
whether it still happens is worth the risk of that discomfort.

   ---Weasel

-- 
Telling the truth when    | "I'm just a sucker for recursive logic."
   I say that I am lying, |
no one believes me.       | http://home.earthlink.net/~weaseltrax

--pseudohaiku by Vincent Grzybowski