Subject: Clathrus ruber in Scotland

From: "Stephan Helfer" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Sep 1996 09:11:18 +0100

Dear mycologists
Clathrus ruber, this unusual and rare fungus hasn't been seen in 
Scotland for a long time. Yesterday we received an enquiry here at 
the Royal Botanic Garden from Musselburgh near Edinburgh, Scotland, 
where a number of fruit bodies have grown in a private garden.  

Has anyone else seen this stinkhorn this year in Britain or 
elsewhere? It might be worth looking out for it.

Stephan Helfer

Sincerely 

Dr Stephan Helfer, SSO 
Mycologist / Plant Pathologist 

Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Inverleith Row, EDINBURGH EH3 5LR,
Scotland UK 

http://www.rbge.org.uk 

phone: +44 (0)131 552 7171 ext 280 
    or +44 (0)131 459 0446-280 (direct digital VoiceMail line) 
fax:   +44 (0)131 552 0382