Subject: Detailed description of Verticillium revised?

From: [email-masked] (Hanhong Dan)
Date: 8 Mar 1996 02:44:58 GMT

Hi, dear netters in Myology,

I had gone through nearly all of the sources of literature  available to 
find a detailed description of the genus Verticillium, unfortunately, I 
can not find it.The old one is in CMI description of pathogenic fungi 
amnd bacteria by Hawksworth et al in 1970, although quite comprehensive, 
is 26 years old already. could any better sources to there, esp. new books?
Reply in email will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, 

A Verticillium guy

H. Dan
Molecular Biology & Genetics
Univ. of Guelph
Guelph, ON. N1G 2W1
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: TJ Olney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:10:18 -0800

Are there any leading indicator species of either mushrooms or plants 
that let one know that it is time to hunt for morels?  What are they?

-- TJ Olney

---

From: [email-masked] (HENRY E. KILPATRICK JR.)
Date: 13 Mar 1996 00:56:24 GMT

TJ Olney ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Are there any leading indicator species of either mushrooms or plants 
: that let one know that it is time to hunt for morels?  What are they?

It depends upon where you are.  In the mid-Atlanic area, the best indicator I know
of is when the redbud trees blossom (also the cones of the tulip poplars begin to
resemble morels).  But this reflects the morel's habitat in this area.  I believe
morels are associated with evergreens in the Pacific Northwest and I doubt you have
large forests of tulip poplars with redbuds growing among them. 

--
Buddy Kilpatrick