Subject: swapping cultures

From: [email-masked] (Paul Stewart C/O ABIOGEN)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 04:33:02 GMT

I am growing out an old library of vasious local 'shrooms, and am interested 
in acquiring new strains, especially of edible wild species. Right now I am 
growing out:

- Cantherellus ciberius
- Morchella elata
- Boletus edulis
- Agaricus brunesens
- Agaricus campestris

as well as a commercial strain of oyster (P. pulmonaris, aka sajor-caju) and 
shiitake (L. edodes). If anyone would like a couple of slants of any of these, 
please let me know. I will trade culture for culture, and am seeking:

- Psilocybe semilanceata
- Morchella esculenta
- any wild oyster species
- Coprinus comatus (Shaggy mane)

Thanks in a big way to anyone willing to trade. As far as I know, shipping 
sterile sealed cultures is no problem between most countries. If I am wrong, 
please enlighten me!

Paul Stewart c/o ABIOGEN Agri-Food Services
RR #2 Vernon Bridge, Prince Edward Island
CANADA  C0A 2E0  

(902) 651-3163    [email-masked]

---

From: Joe Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 1996 06:52:06 GMT

[email-masked] (Paul Stewart C/O ABIOGEN) wrote:

(clipped)

>(902) 651-3163    [email-masked]

Please be "enlightened":

Psilocybe semilanceata, also known as Liberty caps, are considered
"poisonous" and "psychactive" by the Guardians of Our Minds in many
country around in the globe, thus possession of cultures is construed
as an intent of use and sale of a "controlled" substance, entitling 
one to a substantial fine and deprivation of liberty. Any mushrooms
which contain psilocybin or psilocin are often considered illegal to 
posess. Every country has different laws.

Spores do not contain these substances and in many countries it is not
illegal to posess them.

In ANY event, I would urge people to NOT sale or transfer ANY cultures
of the Psilocybe family. Search the Web for a wealth of info on this 
subject. 

Psilocybe cyanescens would be much more appropiate in your climate.

Joe