Subject: Chlorate medium

From: [email-masked] (Y. Magae)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:24:26 +0900

Does anyone know how to make chlorate medium for isolating niaD
mutanats?   When I try to make the medium, agar dose not solidify.
  I must be doing something basically wrong.
  Please help.

  Thank you.

Yumi Magae Ph. D.   [email-masked]
Forestry and Forest Products Research Institiute
Tukuba-Norin P.O.Box 16, Tukuba, IBARAKI 305, JAPAN

---

From: [email-masked] (Keith Klein)
Date: 25 Jul 1996 14:14:04 GMT

>Tukuba-Norin P.O.Box 16, Tukuba, IBARAKI 305, JAPAN
Try using the recipe from Doe and Leslie, 1993. American Biology Teacher,
vol. 55, pp. 430-433. We have had no difficulty with this recipe.
Otherwise, check your pH. Agar will not solidify if the solution is too
acidic. Good luck!

Keith Klein
Department of Biological Sciences
Mankato State University
Mankato, MN 56002-8400 USA

Send this boy to summer camp! Mycologist/geneticist for hire, rent 
or loan! Looking for fun stuff (research) to do summers, will travel.
E-mail: [email-masked]