Subject: Forager/teacher needed; highly-paid, week-end job.

From: [email-masked] (Woodstock Tech [WIT])
Date: 13 Sep 1995 17:08:56 GMT

The WOODSTOCK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (W.I.T) is preparing 
its fall and winter catologues.  Since this is our inaugural semester, 
we would like to start with well-known instructors teaching exciting 
courses.  If you would be interested in teaching a 10-hour week-end 
course (5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday) on the subject of:

    FORAGING FOR PSYCHOACTIVE MUSHROOMS IN THE WOODSTOCK FOREST,

please submit a Bio, a photo and a 10-hour lesson plan to:

		Dr. Barry Pinchefsky
		Woodstock Institute of Technology
	        105 Tinker Street
		Suite 311
		Woodstock, N.Y.  12498

If you yourself are not available to teach, please feel free to pass 
this request on to a colleague.

You are also certainly welcome to enjoy the Woodstock Experience as a 
student.
  
We are offering courses in:

	-Outdoor Photography of Nudes
	-Drug Films of The Sixties
	-Vegan Cooking
	-Native American Spiritualism
	-Tie-dying
	-Musical Performance Classes
	-and others

Please send for a catologue.

	Sincerely,
	Dr. Barry Pinchefsky
	Executive Director

		WOODSTOCK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
            -"Like no other education in the world"-

Phone/fax: 12125951809
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Berlstein)
Date: 13 Sep 1995 18:27:47 GMT

I bet I can find more species of psychoactive mushrooms on the 
University of Washington campus in than next three months than your whole 
class can find in all of New York State in the next 100 years. But 
serioulsy, you are limiting your class too much.  You might want to have 
a class on "The mushrooms of the Woodstock forest" instead.  After you 
find them, you can worry about which ones are edible, poisonous, or 
hallucinogenic.  There IS a northern east coast member of the psilocybe 
genus, but I think it is not common.  Other than that, all you have is 
gymnopolis Spectabalis.  Here in seattle however, we have many species in 
the psilocybe genus (that are psychoactive) that are quite common in the 
woodchips used in institutional landscaping.  Best of luck.  Consider 
widening your scope.

-
  JIM BERLSTEIN, B.F.D.                [email-masked]