Subject: All the earthstars you can eat.

From: [email-masked] (Robert Mulroy)
Date: 7 Oct 1996 04:26:02 GMT

(which for *me* is less than one) 

	I was in an Asian Market today and found an enormous jar of earthstars
in heavy brine. It was similarly labeled in French and Thai.   I just never
knew there was any sort of market in those species, and I was wondering
if anyone knew more about it.

Thanks.

---

From: Lou Hsu <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Oct 1996 23:01:40 GMT

>if anyone knew more about it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please enlighten me what is "earthstars"
Lou Hsu with thanks
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (paul account)
Date: 14 Oct 1996 17:39:40 -0000

>>if anyone knew more about it.

Geastraceae are often called earthstars: Geastrum sessile,triplex, quadrifidum,
Astreus hygrometricus .. etc...
Paul Vannoni