Subject: morels in northern calif.

From: [email-masked] (MYCOCHEF)
Date: 9 May 1995 10:27:22 -0400

after checking out the Sierras five times so far this Spring (to 4,500')
and a burn near the Mendocino N.F. I can report that those tasty little
morels have not really popped here yet.  "Indicator" species like certain
cup fungus are not as abundant as usual either.  Some morels have been
picked but not like last year at this time when it was easy to harvest 5
pounds on an outing. . . . This weekend we have a foray of about 50 people
>from  the Mycological Sociey of San Francisco going to the Sierras near
Placerville, Ca. with  David Arora to hunt and to have a feast. . . .BTW
he reports that they are having a great year for morels in Nepal and he
will bring some "dung-dried" ones with him. . . .

---

From: [email-masked] (Lophophora Williamsii)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 00:33:40 GMT

>will bring some "dung-dried" ones with him. . . .

How could one make themselves part of this foray?  I've just begun
going to meetings at SOMA (SOnoma Mycological Association) but I'm not
yet a member.  Respond privately if you wish.

[email-masked]