Subject: cloning AFLP amplification products

From: [email-masked] ("Robert H. Proctor")
Date: 7 Sep 1995 10:20:14 -0700

Hello:

I'm using AFLP in combination with bulked segregant analysis to try to
map a toxin biosynthetic gene in the fungus Fusarium moniliforme.  I have
found 4 bands that may be closely linked to the gene (i.e. they are
amplified only from one parent and the corresponding bulk).  Now, I want
to try to clone the DNA represented by these bands.  Does anybody out
there know the best way(s) to do this or anyone who might?  Also, is it
better to analyze progeny individually (by AFLP) first, before going
through the trouble of cloning or is it better to clone first and use the
cloned fragment as an RFLP marker?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Proctor
[email-masked]
NCAUR, ARS, USDA
1815 N. University St.
Peoria, IL  61604-3902
Telephone 309-681-6379
Fax. 309-681-6686