Subject: Re: Oxalic acid and Agaricus

From: [email-masked] (James T. Price)
Date: 26 Feb 1995 16:35:30 GMT

Some human pathogenic Aspergilli can be suspected in tissue by the 
large number of oxalic crystals seen microscopically.  As far as I know
this phenomena has no relationship to pathogenicity or virulence of the
organism.

---

From: [email-masked] (David H. Griffin)
Date: 27 Feb 1995 15:08:28 GMT

Vannini, A., C. D. Smart and D. W. Fulbright.  1993.  The comparison of 
oxalic acid production in vivo and in vitro by virulent and hypovirulent 
Cryphonectria (Endothia) parasitica.  Physiol. Molec. Plant Pathol. 43: 
443-451.

Dave.

David H. Griffin               
Department of Environmental &
    Forest Biology
College of Environmental         
    Science and Forestry        
Syracuse NY 13210-2788         
e-mail: [email-masked]