Subject: toxic metabolites

From: [email-masked] (cabral)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 10:14:56 -0800

I am searching for information and/or references concerning the possible
toxicity of Cladosporium cladosporioides metabolites

      Universidad de Buenos Aires                           Dr. Daniel Cabral
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales                  ([email-masked])
  Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas
            PRHIDEB-CONICET
Ciudad Universitaria, II pabellon, 4 piso
        Buenos Aires, Argentina

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Mar 1995 12:23:12 -0800

In the book: Compendium of Soil Fungi by K.H. Domsch ; W. Gams and Traute- 
Heidi Anderson reprinted in 1993 (IHW-Verlag) in the chapter about 
Cladosporium spp.  they list each species and the metabolites they produce
, for C. cladosporioides they list that it produces a mycostatic antibiotic
called cladosporin, but for the other species they list toxic substances
similar to  those produced by Stachybotrys chartarum (endotoxin), please let
me know and I could copy the references and mail them to you.

****************************************************************************
Lester Pasarell                       :  [email-masked]
Medical Mycology Research laboratory   :  [email-masked]
University of Texas Medical Branch    :  [email-masked]
Galveston, Texas

               furuki o tazune atarashiki o shiru
               Study the old to understand the new
                    --- Japanese Proberb-----
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^