Subject: RE: fungal micro-satellites

From: [email-masked] ("David Brayford ", IMI)
Date: 15 Nov 1996 01:56:20 -0800

There have been several papers using simple-sequence-repeat primers or 
probes [e.g. (CAG)8] to fingerprint fungi.  For example, check out:
Weising et al. (1991). pp. 313-329. In:  DNA fingerprinting: Approaches and 
Applications.  ed. T. Burke et al., Birkhauser Verlag, Basel, Switzerland. 
[review]
Epplen et al. (1991). pp. 50-69. loc. cit.
Meyer et al. (1991) Current Genetics 19: 239-242. [Penicillium, Aspergillus, 
Trichoderma]
Meyer et al. (1992) Current Genetics 21: 27-30.  [Trichoderma]
De Scenzo & Harrington (1994). Phytopathology 84: 534-540. [Heterobasidion, 
Ophiostoma]
Schlick et al. (1994). Current Genetics 26: 74-78. [Trichoderma mutants]
Brayford (1996). Sydowia 48: 163-183. [Fusarium.  Ooops, sorry, I had to 
slip that one in!]

There's also a nice paper by Groppe et al. (1995). [Appl. Env. Microbiol. 
61: 3943-3949], reporting a microsatellite marker in Epichloe and the 
occurrence of such repeated sequences in Genbank and EMBL databases, 
suggesting that microsatellites are indeed common in fungal genomes.

If anyone else has references on fungal microsatellites, especially 
reporting VNTR primers, I'd also be interested to hear about them.
Thanks.

Dave Brayford
International Mycological Institute
[email-masked]

 ----------
From: BIOSCI-REQUEST
To: mycology
Subject: fungal micro-satellites
Date: 14 November 1996 9:58

Hello,
Could anyone tell me if anyone has found micro-satellites in fungi????

Thank you very much and have a great day!!!!!!!!

Rodney Earl Pettway

---

From: [email-masked] (Luis M. Corrochano)
Date: 15 Nov 1996 05:18:50 -0800

We have just described various types of repeated sequences in the genome of
the zygomycete Phycomyces blakesleeanus, including a 31 bp tandem repeat,
in the following paper: Avalos et al. Genomic organization of the fungus
Phycomyces. Gene 174, 43-50 (1996)
Hope it helps!
Luis Corrochano

=F0From: BIOSCI-REQUEST
=F0To: mycology
=F0Subject: fungal micro-satellites
=F0Date: 14 November 1996 9:58

=F0Hello,
=F0Could anyone tell me if anyone has found micro-satellites in fungi????
=F0Thank you very much and have a great day!!!!!!!!
=F0Rodney Earl Pettway

_________________________________________________________________

Dr. Luis M. Corrochano
Departamento de Genetica
Universidad de Sevilla
Apartado 1095                             telephone +34-5-4557111
E-41080 Sevilla                           telefax   +34-5-4557104
Spain                                     e-mail    [email-masked]