Subject: fungus jokes

From: [email-masked] ("John Murphy", Jack)
Date: 25 Jan 1996 10:27:51 -0800

Okay okay, here's a fungus joke.  I got this one from a colleague here (who
wishes to remain nameless) who saw it posted on a microbiology bbs.

A small twin-prop commuter plane was hijacked by a desperate pro-life animal
rights left wing rightist (make up your own) who vowed to kill one of the
passengers to demonstrate his/her/its serious intentions.  There were two
passengers present, a microbiologist and a yeast geneticist.  The hijacker
gave each one two minutes to explain why they shouldn't be killed.  The
microbiologist (who studied bacteria) talked for 1 minute 59 seconds
explaining that he studies bacteria, bacteria are model organisms for the
study of genetics and physiology and etc. etc. (you fill in the gaps) and
finished with an emotional, bacteria-laden plea which had the hijacker in
tears.  When he was done, they turned to the yeast geneticist who said, "let
me explain to you why yeast genetics is an important discipline..." but he
was interrupted by the microbiologist who exclaimed "shoot me!  Shoot me!"

sorry.  You asked for it!

Jack
Dr. John (Jack) Murphy  ([email-masked])
Dept. of Botany
Field Museum of Natural History
Chicago, IL 60605-2496
(312) 922-9410 ext. 722
fax (312) 427-2530

---

From: Roger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 96 17:47:25 GMT

Cop:		"How did your first wife die?"

Suspect:	"Poison Mushrooms."

Cop:		"And your second wife?"

Suspect:	"She drowned."

Cop:		"Why was that?"

Suspect:	"She wouldn't eat the mushrooms."

================================================================================
Roger               |    When you've got a pole on a handcart
                    |    There's no place like home.
================================================================================