Subject: (no subject)

From: @griffin.multimedia.edu
Date: 18 May 1995 20:49:40 GMT

I would like to go picking this (long) weekend and was wondering what   
edible mushrooms I might find at this time of year. I am assuming that   
the morel season is over. Any suggestions? 
 
Sincerely,    Paul

---

From: @griffin.multimedia.edu
Date: 18 May 1995 20:51:25 GMT

Sincerely,    Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 15:51:04 GMT

>the morel season is over. Any suggestions?  

Check wet areas/logs/snags for oyster mushrooms (P. ostreatus).  Also, white 
king boletes (Boletus barowsii) have been found fruiting in the oak
meadows of Saanich Pen. this week.  -RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]