Subject: Position Announcement

From: Martin Spalding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:20:07 -0500

Position Advertisement

Iowa State University, Department of Botany, invites applications for a
tenure track faculty position at the ASSISTANT PROFESSOR level in PLANT
PHYSIOLOGY, CELL BIOLOGY OR MOLECULAR BIOLOGY.  Applications will be
accepted from individuals using molecular techniques and conducting
research with plants, photosynthetic microbes or filamentous fungi.  The
Botany Department has active, collaborative research groups in plant
molecular biology, physiology, genetics, systematics and ecology.  In
addition, there are nearly 200 plant biologists, housed in 11 different
departments at Iowa State, who are involved in a variety of
interdisciplinary collaborations.  The successful candidate will be
expected to establish a competitive research program and to contribute
to
graduate and undergraduate education.  For further information about
Iowa
State University, the Botany Department, and graduate programs, see:
http://www.public.iastate.edu, or contact [email-masked]. 
Candidates
should send a curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching
interests, and selected reprints, and arrange for three letters of
recommendation to be sent to: Dr. Steven Rodermel, Search Committee
Chair,
Department of Botany, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-1020, by
December 15, 1996.  Iowa State University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  Women and members of minority
groups are encouraged to apply.

-- 
___________________________________________________
Martin H. Spalding		Ph:	(515) 294-1749
Department of Botany	FAX	(515) 294-1337
Iowa State University	E-mail	[email-masked]
Ames, Iowa 50011
___________________________________________________