Subject: Faculty Positions in Plant Pathology

From: "Christopher L. Schardl" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 May 1995 00:46:57 GMT

Assistant/Associate Professor(s) of Plant Pathology.  Applications are invited 
for two tenure-track faculty positions focusing on fundamental research 
concerning plant-pathogen interactions.  Although the successful candidates 
will be allowed broad latitude in determining particular research directions, 
they will be expected to develop/direct nationally recognized programs.  
Strong preference will be given in one position for an individual using 
molecular approaches to the study of prokaryotes and plant diseases in which 
they are causally involved.  The appointees will be expected to contribute to 
the instructional program in the department as well as to provide expertise to 
other departmental efforts.  A Ph.D. in plant pathology or a related 
discipline is required.  Postdoctoral experience is desirable.  One position 
may be filled at the Associate Professor level with an individual who has 
demonstrated appropriate professional accomplishments.  Applicants should send 
curriculum vitae, transcripts, sample publications, any other evidence of 
professional accomplishments considered relevant and the names/addresses/phone 
numbers of at least three professional references to Dr. David A. Smith, 
Department of Plant Pathology, S-305 Agricultural Science Building-North, 
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546-0091 (phone: 606-257-3901; fax: 
606-323-1961; email: [email-masked]).  Applications will be accepted 
until August 31, 1995, or until suitably qualified candidates are found.  The 
University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer.  Women and minorities 
are encouraged to apply.

---

From: "Christopher L. Schardl" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 May 1995 21:05:04 GMT

this is a test