Subject: Amanita Dinner Party.

From: Acrinimiril <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 06:08:36 -0600

Greetings to all present from ProbableFateSystems, Edmonton AB, CDN.
I'm Acrinimiril, thhe Forum Op here.
I have two queries today; Firstly, I'm looking for a complete taxonomy
for the kingdom. Preferably in ASCII format, but catalogued or formatted
will do in a pinch.
Secondly, I'm in a quandry regarding an effective method to produce
amanita muscaria, A. Pantherina and A. virosa spawn.  My immediate
guess is that my choice of host is not optimum.  Second, I consider it
possible that storage conditions may have rendered my spore collections
non-viable, however I consider this one unlikely.
My chosen host is boreal conifer, sp. Tamaracknd Spruce. As well as
Mountain ash.  These are species I have had greatest success with in the
natural setting.  Preferred soil Ph is highly acid.
A. Pantherina and A. virosa is more academic thhan clinical at this
point, as I have spent all my spore samples. Muscaria, however, is top
priority in any case as the season is only a few months away.
As a shortcut, I was wondering if someone might clue me in, as to
whether it matters when a symbiotic type <specifically Am. spc.> joins
it's host.  I have a sneaking suspicion that inception must occur at
host-seed germination, typically after winterring, but I'm not sure.
Any info is appreciated most-muchly.
<Amanita Dinner Party, incidentally, is thhe name of a farcical
political party I founded two years ago, and is in no way suggesting
that one should actually eat the damn things. :^) >
[email-masked]