Subject: Morels Wanted

From: [email-masked](:) )
Date: 20 Mar 1996 01:18:13 GMT

I know that some day it will warm up and some day the little critters
might pop up in the Wash DC area.  Since I don't seem to have luck
finding them around here (unlike Indiana where I am from), when anyone
gets enough for themselves, I would like to buy some morels this year. 
Keep me in mind.

ps  Hints on when and where to find them would also be appreciated.

thanks gro

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Grunden)
Date: 20 Mar 1996 04:14:13 GMT

>gets enough for themselves, I would like to buy some morels this year. 

	Many stores now carry them dehydrated. They're expensive
	but pretty tasty.....

>ps  Hints on when and where to find them would also be appreciated.

	Find long gentle slopes in the woods, and walk upfrom dry
	at the top to wet at the bottom. Somewhere the conditions
	should be right. Also look for elm trees (dead or alive).

-- 
			*******************
The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
	belongs and returns to its creative source.
- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -

---

From: RandyMarchand <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 1996 07:08:46 GMT

see http://www.octonet.com/~go/morel
The best place to look for morels depends on where you are and your local 
habitat. For me i find the best place to find morels is on last years 
forest fire burns. Start your searches just after green up. Fire morels
start later than naturals, but fires will have most species of morels 
flush if there is varied habitat.
Good luck....Randy Marchand