Subject: Brazilian edible?

From: "Mike Ziegler" <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 1996 20:02:46 GMT

A friend mentioned that Andy Weil spoke about an edible Brazilian mushroom
at this years Telluride conference. Does anyone recall the species?

Thanks very much Mike Ziegler

---

From: [email-masked] (HENRY E. KILPATRICK JR.)
Date: 12 Oct 1996 00:15:59 GMT

Mike Ziegler ([email-masked]) wrote:
: A friend mentioned that Andy Weil spoke about an edible Brazilian mushroom
: at this years Telluride conference. Does anyone recall the species?

As I recall, it's not a mushroom, it's a concoction of various plants used in
religious ceremonies, unless there was something else mentioned at a lecture I
missed. 

If anyone is interested, e-mail me & I can find out how to order tapes of the
lectures.  However, Paul Stamets will probably see this and provide all the 
details you need. 

--
Buddy Kilpatrick

---

From: [email-masked] (Stamets 1)
Date: 13 Oct 1996 11:07:35 -0400

The mushroom Andy mentioned was Agaricus blazei. I am 
seeking cultures of it and appreciate any referrals.

paul stamets

---

From: [email-masked] (nyles)
Date: 14 Oct 1996 04:56:45 GMT

Count me in too!
If anyone has it or knows where to get it please contact me.
                                          ^^^^^^

Nyles

Stamets 1 ([email-masked]) wrote:
: The mushroom Andy mentioned was Agaricus blazei. I am 
: seeking cultures of it and appreciate any referrals.

: paul stamets