Subject: Medical Mycology Post-doc position in AZ

From: [email-masked] (Marc Orbach)
Date: 5 Oct 1996 00:55:59 GMT

The Valley Fever Center for Excellence of the University of Arizona is
offering a postdoctoral position to study mechanisms of pathogenesis for
the dimorphic fungal pathogen Coccidioides immitis, using current molecular
strategies.

C. immitis is the causative agent of coccidioidomycosis (valley fever) in
humans and other mammals.  Immunity often controls infection but in some
persons disease is serious and difficult to cure.  The successful candidate
will apply molecular tools to understand the basic biology of this organism
and its infection process.  It is likely that the information gained could
lead to new approaches towards therapy and prevention of disease.

The postdoctoral position is available immediately.  Candidates should have
a PhD or an MD, and previous experience in molecular techniques. 
Experience in fungal genetics is highly desirable.  The candidate will work
with Dr. John Galgiani and Dr. Marc Orbach, both of the University of
Arizona.  Applicants should submit a CV including the names of three
references to either faculty member:

        John Galgiani, MD
        Valley Fever Center for Excellence
        VA Medical Center (111)
        Tucson AZ  85723

        voice:  (520)629-4777
        FAX:    (520)629-4738
        email:  [email-masked]

or

        Marc Orbach, PhD
        Department of Plant Pathology
        University of Arizona
        Tucson Arizona 85721

        voice:  (520)621-3764
        FAX:    (520)621-9290
        email:  [email-masked]

The University of Arizona is an AA/EEO/ADA employer.  Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.