Subject: (none)

From: [email-masked]
Date: 24 Oct 1996 13:23:58 -0700

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF GENETICS

Applications are invited for a tenure-track position in the Department of 
Genetics with primary research and teaching interests in the molecular genetics 
of fungi. The candidate will be expected to develop a strong creative research 
program and have a commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate 
levels.  The appointment could begin as early as September 1, 1997. Women and 
minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.  Apply before February 
1, 1997 by sending a curriculum vitae, list of publications, brief statement of 
research interests and three letters of reference solicited by the applicant to:

Search Committee
Department of Genetics
Life Sciences Building
University of Georgia
Athens, GA  30602-7223

The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

The Department of Genetics at the University of Georgia consists of 20 faculty 
members, including three members of the National Academy of Sciences.  In 
addition to its vibrant research atmosphere, the department takes pride in the 
quality of its graduate student training program which is supported, in part, by
NIH/NSF training grants.  The selected candidate will be provided start-up 
funds, equipment, and excellent laboratory facilities in a recently completed, 
state-of-the-art research building.  Athens, located 70 miles from Atlanta in 
the rolling hills of northern Georgia, provides a pleasant, college-town, living
environment.  For additional information, contact chairperson of the search 
committee, at telephone number (706) 542-8000, fax number (706) 542-3910.