Subject: Re: Fatty acid synthesis in Neurospora

From: [email-masked] (Matthew Sachs)
Date: 14 Dec 1994 10:05:27 -0800

Brody, S., and Mikolajczyk, S. (1988). Neurospora mitochondria contain an
acyl-carrier protein. Eur. J. Biochem. 173, 353-359.

Elovson, J. (1975). Purification and properties of the fatty acid
synthetase complex from Neurospora crassa, and the nature of the fas-
mutation.  J. Bacteriol. 124, 524-533.

Henry, S.A., and Keith, A.D. (1971). Saturated fatty acid requirer of
Neurospora crassa.  J. Bacteriol. 106, 174-182

Kionka, C., and Kunau, W. H. (1985). Inducible beta-oxidation pathway in
Neurospora crassa. J. Bacteriol. 161, 153-157.

Mikolajczyk, S., and Brody, S. (1990). De novo fatty acid synthesis
mediated by acyl-carrier protein in Neurospora crassa mitochondria. Eur. J.
Biochem. 187, 431-437.

Thieringer, R., and Kunau, W. H. (1991). The beta-oxidation system in
catalase-free microbodies of the filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa.
Purification of a multifunctional protein possessing 2-enoyl-CoA hydratase,
L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase, and 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA epimerase
activities. J. Biol. Chem. 266, 13110-13117.

Zensen, R., Husmann, H., Schneider, R., Peine, T., and Weiss, H. (1992). De
novo synthesis and desaturation of fatty acids at the mitochondrial
acyl-carrier protein, a subunit of NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase in
Neurospora crassa. FEBS Lett. 310, 179-181.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Sachs
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
20000 NW Walker Road
P.O. Box 91000
Portland, OR  97291-1000
503 690-1487 Phone
503 690-1464 Fax
[email-masked]