Subject: oomycete taxonomy

From: [email-masked] (Detlef D. Leipe)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:22:49 -0500

I am looking for a current taxonomic treatment of the oomycetes.
Most importantly I would like to have a list of valid
species names.  Could anybody help with a literature reference,
ftp or www site.

All help appreciated,

   Detlef

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Herman)
Date: 24 Aug 1995 10:24:08 GMT

Detlef D. Leipe ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I am looking for a current taxonomic treatment of the oomycetes.
: Most importantly I would like to have a list of valid
: species names.  Could anybody help with a literature reference,
: ftp or www site.

: All help appreciated,

:    Detlef

For the "lower" oomycetes, Sparrow's Aquatic Phycomycetes is a starting 
point.  There are good keys/treatments of Achlya (late 60s) by 
William Scott, and Saprolegnia by Roland Seymour in 1970 or 71, Nova 
Hedwegia

If these leads aren't enough I'll e-mail my lab and have them check my 
bookshelf. (I am on sabbatical currently and havent worked much on the 
watermolds in about 3 or 4 years)

Peter

 --
************************************************************************
R. Peter Herman				email	[email-masked]
Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet		Phone:	+46 18 67 12 20
Inst. f. Markvetenskap			Fax:	+46 18 67 27 95
S750 07 Uppsala, Sweden		
************************************************************************