Subject: MYCORRHIZAL TECHNIQUES AT FITTER'S LAB IN YORK

From: [email-masked] (James Merryweather)
Date: 24 Aug 1995 08:15:54 -0700

Dear Fungophiles,

I'd like to spread the word about our second course at York:

                                        "TECHNIQUES IN ARBUSCULAR MYCORRIZAL RESEARCH"

It's a two and a half day course beginning at 2pm on Wednesday 15th November, 1995 and is aimed at 
researchers who are aware of the need to include this ubiquitous symbiosis in their programmes, but who need to 
familiarise themselves with the fundamental techniques involved. Typical fields of interest will include plant 
population and community ecology, soil-plant relations in horticulture and agriculture, ecosystem carbon flux 
studies and symbiosis research.

Most activity will take place in the laboratory where participants will perform the experimental procedures 
demostrated by members of the University of York biology department's mycorrhiza research team led by Profs. 
Alastair Fitter and Peter Young.

N.B. The final day will be devoted to a choice of advanced techniques or molecular techniques for AM research.

If you know of people who are likely to be interested please ask them to contact me:

James Merryweather,
Biology Department,
PO Box 373,
University of York,
YORK UK  YO1 5YW
Tel. 01904 432878
E-mail: [email-masked]

If you can recommend any other networks through which I could usefully advertise please drop me a line.

Cheers,

James