Subject: Common Names

From: GORDON RUTTER <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Mar 1996 08:58:43 -0000

Dear Fellow Mycologists,

I would like your help if I may.

I am  trying to compile a list of common names of fungi and as some 
of these are only used in limited areas there are many I am not aware 
of.  I have access to such texts as Roger Philips, David Arora etc so 
names from these are not needed.
Ideally I would like to know the following details:-

Common Name
Scientific Name
Literal English translation (if applicable)
Country/area of origin/usage
Literature references

If people could supply me with all of the above for as many species 
as they are willing I would be extremely grateful.  if all of the 
above is too much then the requests are in order of importance, and 
any information will be most welcome.
I will of course keep people apraised of how the task is progressing.

Many thanks for the invaluable help I hope to receive.

Gordon

Gordon Rutter                         
Mycology                    
                                   
Royal Botanic Garden               email [email-masked]            
20A Inverleith Row                    phone  + 44 131 552 7171 ext 275
Edinburgh                                  fax  + 44 131 552 0382
EH3 5LR
Great Britain