Subject: Morels where are you???

From: rbwiles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:38:55 -0800

Has anyone found Morels as far south as the Gulf Coast?

---

From: crystal littleton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 14:24:02 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> On 3/11/97, I received an e-mail from a fellow mycophagist, noting an
> early fruiting of black morels in Tennessee under "wild cherry, hickory,
> poplar and beech." Is this the first for the year?
> 
> Daniel B. Wheeler
> http://www.teleport.com/~dwheeler/oregonwhitetruffles.

I just dined on morels found this morning (3-20-97) on the Highland Rim
of the Cumberland Plateau in Warren County, Tennessee. Here everyone
calls them "dry land fish" because of of the faint fishy aroma they give
off.

Doug Malone
[email-masked]