Subject: BC morels

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 18:20:25 GMT

OK all you West Coast morel trackers:

I just had a report of a find of 18.5 dozen morels on Vancouver Island.
Looks like it will be a good season!	-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: pklym <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Apr 1995 22:15:49 GMT

I saw some fresh morels for sale at the Granville Island Market this past   
weekend (Apr.8th). They were 1-2" tall, solid medium-brown in color with   
whitish stalks, and looked very fresh. The vendor said they came from the   
Vancouver Lower Mainland area, NOT Vancouver Island. 
 
As I am totally new to Vancouver, I was wondering if anyone could tell me   
if morels can be found in or around the city (or as close as possible).   
If so, when and where ??? Naturally, I'm not after anyone's secret patch,   
but would just like some general guidance. I'm just looking for some to   
eat and am not a commercial picker. 
 
Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. 
 
Thanks,       Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken Sanderson)
Date: 15 Apr 1995 06:04:41 GMT

>Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. 
I would suggest spending sometime wandering around the many green areas 
in vancouver and its surrounding municipalities.