Subject: Are there ANY edibles left around Vancouver?

From: User <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Oct 1995 04:03:48 GMT

I've been having a rough time trying to find any decent quantities of 
edibles (Chantrelles, Matsutake, etc.) around Vancouver in October. Seems 
to be a lousy fall season. Too much rain? Looking everywhere, but not 
seeing many mushrooms of any type.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Thanks,

Paul -->  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 15:31:10 GMT

>Paul -->  [email-masked]

They've dropped off around the Island, too.  We suspect the late summer rains
caused some things to start, then we had a period of dryness followed by
November-like cold/wet which seems not to have been all that conducive.

-Richard

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]