Subject: Los Angeles Wild Mushroom Fair

From: [email-masked] (Steve Pencall)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 00:52:27 GMT

Los Angeles
Mycological Society
Botany Research and Collections
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90007
(213) 292-1900

                         Wild Mushroom Fair
                         February 18, 1996

With the arrival of recent rains wild mushrooms have begun to appear in  
fields and forests in and around Los Angeles.  To celebrate this bounty,  
the Los Angeles Mycological Society will be staging a Wild Mushroom Fair  
at the Los Angeles State and County Arboretum, 301 North Baldwin Avenue,  
Arcadia, California on Sunday, February 18, 1996 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30  
p.m.  Admission is free with admission to the Arboretum (adults: $5.00,  
seniors: $3.00, children 5-12: $1.00, children under 5: free).

The Fair will feature identified species of Wild Mushrooms displayed in  
natural habitat settings.  Mushroom experts will be on hand to answer all  
your questions about Wild Mushrooms and the public is invited to bring in  
Wild Mushrooms for identification.  A variety of Mushroom books and  
posters will be offered for sale.  

The featured speaker will be Taylor F. Lockwood of Mendocino, California  
who will present "Treasures From The Kingdom Of Fungi", a program  
featuring stunning photographs of Wild Mushrooms set to classical music.   
Royce Harvey, an experienced wild mushroom grower and a member of the Los  
Angeles Mycological Society, will present a hands-on seminar on Mushroom  
cultivation.

On Saturday, February 17, there will be 3 Mushroom walks, or forays, to  
collect Wild Mushrooms for display at the Fair.  One foray will be at  
Placerita Canyon County Park, one in the Cleveland National Forest east of  
Orange County, and one foray will be at a location to be announced in the  
Santa Monica Mountains.  The public is invited to participate in these  
forays free of charge.

Please call the Los Angeles Mycological Society at (213) 292-1900 for  
up-to-date information on the Mushroom forays and Wild Mushroom Fair.