Subject: Anouncement: Senior position, Phytophthora root diseases

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 12:50:00 +0800

Principal Research Scientist/Senior Principal Research Scientist

Western Australian Department of Conservation and Land Management

This new position has been established to co-ordinate the research on the
Phytophthora root diseases.

Tenure: Appointment for 5 years, possibility of extension.

Western Australian Governement Level 7 or Level 8.    Pos. No. CLM3000852
Salary: $Aus 53750 - 57599 (Level 7)
        $Aus 60856 - 66082 (Level 8)
        (An alternative Workplace Agreement with a higher salary range    
         may be negotiated)

Qualifications/experience:
National recognition for excellence of research into the control of fungal
pathogens of plants.  A degree in biological science or an approved
equivalent. Proven skills in effective management of research teams. 
Proven skills in the allocation and control of research budgets. 
Experience in the control and management of research budgets.  Experience
in the control and management of plant diseases in natural plant
communities (desirable). A higher degree in a subject relevant to the
duties (desirable).

Duties:
Undertakes research and provides leadership for a team of scientists
researching management of plant diseases in natural communities.
Co-ordinates the interaction of the team and the transfer of results to
management prescriptions.

Conditions: Subject to a Workplace Agreement.

General: Class 'A' drivers licence essential.

Location: Como, Perth, Western Australia.

Further information: Dr Jim Armstrong  phone (61 - 9) 442 0307

Job description and application forms:  phone (61 - 9) 334 0222

Closing Date: 5.00 pm, 27 July 1995