Subject: Tom Volk's Fungi web pages and gopher updated

From: Tom Volk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:13:36 -0700

Hi to everyone.  Since there aren't any morels here yet in 
Wisconsin, I have been woking on my images of fungi. Today I loaded my 
revised fungi web pages to the site listed below (the same URL I have 
previously used).  I have updated and added to several of the subpages.  
In particular I have added a morel life cycle page, with pictures.  I 
have also added a Gateway to my revised gopher containing about 1000 
images of fungi from most taxonomic groups, although it is heavily tilted 
toward the basidiomycetes.  Over the past several months I have gone  
back to my original scanned Photoshop images and repolished the images in 
most of the groups (I haven't made it to some of the "lower" fungi 
yet...). I also reorganized the images to make it easier to find images 
of fungi within a particular phylum. The Photoshop images were then 
batch-converted to JPEG images of 50-200 kbytes. There are many images 
contained in this "edition" than in the previous one. Please note that 
there are some problems with the images in the Polyporaceae folder that 
we are fixing.

Also contained are links to my key to Armillaria species, a page of fungi 
of Wisconsin, and a page explaining some of the work we do here at the 
Forest Products Lab in Madison.  

Hope you will enjoy the pages and please send me your comments.  Thanks.
---Tom
********************************************  (0)  ************
Tom Volk                                     (000)
Center for Forest Mycology Research,        (00000)
Forest Products Lab, Madison Wisconsin       (000)
& UW- Madison Dept. of Botany                (000)
[email-masked]                      | |
********************************************  | |  *************
http://www.wisc.edu/botany/fungi/volkmyco.html