Subject: RESPIRATION OF FUNGI AND BACTERIA

From: [email-masked] (JanCzek)
Date: 15 Mar 1996 01:54:08 -0500

RESPIRATION OF FUNGI AND  BACTERIA
We at Columbus Instruments developed very sensitive O2/CO2 RESPIROMETER
(Micro-Oxymax) which measures bacteria/fungi  respiration with 0.2
microliter O2/hour.
With optional CO2, CH4, H2 , H2S and NH3 sensors can be used for anearobic

situations. It monitors 1 to 80 samples which can be liquid or solid. It
is based on
monitoring head space gas by one set of external sensors having 0.001%
resolution. It is currently being used for testing molds in feeds, 
biodegradation of oil, plastic polymers, TNT, creozote, respiration of
algea, soil respiration, insects respiration, coffee oxidation, toxicity
etc.
It operates on closed chamber principle with periodic air (or ather gas)
refresh.
It can also operate in open flow principle for monitoring high bioactivity
of compost
or sludge, fermentation etc.
Samples can be of any size from grams to many kg.
We have number of application papers ( and catalog) which we can send on
request.
If interested please send E-mail  with your street address to:

Jan Czekajewski Ph.D.
Columbus Instruments, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Internet: [email-masked]
Fax: (614)276-0529