Subject: Research Associate Position for a Micros

From: [email-masked] (Rossman, Amy)
Date: 7 Oct 1996 12:53:59 -0700

Research Associate Position at the U.S. National Fungus Collections 
Available Immediately.

Funds have recently been obtained for a 2-year research project on the 
systematics of fungi important to agriculture.  Emphasis will be on use of 
morphometric analysis of microscopic characteristics to make distinctions 
between closely related species of smut fungi (Ustilaginales), particularly 
Tilletia indica and its relatives.  Research material will be primarily 
herbarium specimens.  Experience in morphometrics and statistics is 
essential as well as a training in use of high-quality compound and image 
analysis system.  This position is available on October 1, 1996 at a salary 
of $37,094 per annum plus benefits.  To apply send curriculum vitae, and 
three names of referees, preferably by email to:  Dr. Amy Y. Rossman, 
Systematic Botany and Mycology Laboratory, B011A, Rm. 305, 10400 Baltimore 
Ave., Beltsville, MD 20705, FAX 301-504-5810, <amy@nt. ars-grin.gov>.

Amy Y. Rossman, Director
U.S. National Fungus Collections
10300 Baltimore Ave.
Beltsville, MD 20705
301-504-5364
FAX 301-504-5810
email: [email-masked]