Subject: distribution maps

From: [email-masked] (Paul Zambino)
Date: 2 Nov 1995 06:40:29 -0800

Hi, I'm looking for a source of maps of North America, with and without
state boundaries, that I can download to construct some distribution maps
for fungal isolates.  I am using ClarisDraw on a Mac.  Does anyone have
experience in this area?  Thanks, Paul

Paul Zambino, Ph.D.
USDA Forest Service
Forestry Sciences Lab
5985 Highway K
Rhinelander, WI 54501
PH:(715)362-1178
FAX: (715)362-1166
EMAIL: [email-masked]
DG:p.zambino:R09F06A

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Griggs)
Date: 2 Nov 1995 20:49:09 GMT

There is a DOS program that does weather maps that may be very easily
adapted to your purposes.  Try to enquire in some weather newsgroup.  It
allows mapping temperature fronts and/or isobars from weather stations. 
On a mac one could either Snapshot the map aand fill it in (cut copy and
paste technology).  The high tech way would be to use your data as weather
station recordings to mark boundaries delineating the ranges.  I do not
know the exact DOS name but it is a demo port of a GIS weather map.  Hope
this helps!  Mike