Subject: Research Positions

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Jun 1995 11:46:15 -0700

RESEARCH SCIENTISTS

                       NEW APPROACHES TO CROP PROTECTION

The DuPont Company is seeking highly motivated research scientists to join a
multidisciplinary team working to exploit modern biological methods in the
discovery and development of novel products for the control of weeds and plant
diseases.  Applicants should be proven problem solvers, capable of working and
communicating effectively in a diverse group of biochemists, chemists,
molecular geneticists and biologists.  Strong computer skills are a must.
Successful candidates will join teams in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware.  Our
Mid-Atlantic location offers a wide range of academic, cultural and
recreational activities.

DUPONT AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS

Molecular Biologist

The Biochemical Discovery Section is searching for a molecular biologist with a
strong background in biochemistry and analytical methods.  The individual will
work with a team that has the objective of discovering new herbicides and
fungicides through the design of novel screening technology and the elucidation
of biochemical modes of action.  Minimum requirements for the position include
a Ph.D. in the biological sciences (e.g., molecular biology, biochemistry,
fungal or plant physiology) with experience in intermediary metabolism and
analytical techniques.  Training in the biology of filamentous fungi and
plant-fungus interactions is desirable.  Applicants should respond to DuPont
Human Resources PO Box 30-MB, Newark, DE 19714.

Analytical Biochemist

The Biochemical Discovery Section is seeking an analytical biochemist to join a
team working to identify new molecular targets for crop protection chemistry.
The successful applicant will aid in the discovery of biologically active
compounds that interact specifically with these targets.  Responsibilities for
this position include characterizing metabolic flux in selected pathways, as
well as determining rates of uptake, translocation and metabolism of
xenobiotics in plants and fungi.  Minimum requirements for the position include
a Ph.D. in the biological or chemical sciences (e.g., biochemistry, fungal or
plant physiology) with experience in intermediary metabolism and analytical
techniques.  Familiarity with HPLC, GC, NMR and/or mass spectrometry is
strongly recommended.  Some knowledge of organic chemistry, enzyme mechanisms
and molecular biology is highly desirable.  Applicants should respond to DuPont
Human Resources, PO Box 30-AB, Newark DE 19714.

DUPONT CENTRAL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

Yeast Molecular Geneticist

The Biological Sciences Section is searching for a scientist with a Ph.D. in
yeast molecular genetics.  Applicants should have postdoctoral experience, with
demonstrated ability to develop an active research program in yeast molecular
and cellular biology.  The objective will be to apply the power of modern yeast
biology to the identification and characterization of molecular targets for
novel crop protection products.  The successful candidate will join an
interdisciplinary team that includes scientists in DuPont Agricultural
Products.  Information generated will be applied to the discovery and
development of herbicides and fungicides by screening combinatorial chemistry
libraries and by designing target-directed inhibitors.  Experience in
biochemistry is desirable, along with the ability to establish effective
interactions with biologists, chemists and specialists in bioinformatics.
Applicants should respond to DuPont Human Resources, PSS-0106, Wilmington, DE
19898.

Interested candidates should forward their resumes and a list of references by
July 3, 1995.

DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.