Subject: Faculty Position Available

From: [email-masked] (Bruce L. Miller)
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 1995 10:14:00 -0800

Assistant Professor of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry:  The University
of Idaho is seeking to fill a tenure track position for an assistant
professor.  We are interested in candidates capable of establishing a
nationally competitive research program to study the molecular biology of
plants or fungi in one of two areas: 1) molecular mechanisms of
development  or 2) responses to abiotic and biotic stimuli.  The research
program should complement existing departmental programs in plant
molecular biology and biochemistry, microbial developmental genetics,
medical/pathogenic microbiology and environmental microbiology.  The
successful candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching excellence
and will be responsible for a one semester undergraduate
lecture/laboratory course in basic biochemistry to be taught each year and
a graduate level course in his/her area of expertise in alternate years. 
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or
related field and postdoctoral research experience using contemporary
molecular techniques.  Send CV, statement of research interests and three
letters of reference by March 24, 1995 to Bruce L. Miller, Search
Committee Chair, Department of Microbiology, Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry, Life Sciences Bldg., University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844.
FAX (208) 885-6518.  AA/EOE

-- 
Bruce L. Miller
Dept. of Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID  83843