Subject: Re: mushroom books?

From: Roy W. Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 1996 21:26:16 GMT

[email-masked] (LauraL6000) writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there are any books out there - NOT field guides -
> that either tell anecdotal tales about collecting mushrooms, or perhaps
> fictional works that include a mycological angle? Thanks!

Both David Arora books - "All The Rain Promises And More...", as well as
"Mushrooms Demystified" - are field guides, but both (and the first in
particular) provides some rather interesting (but supposedly true)
stories submitted by his friends and associates, as well as some humorous
photos...

good luck - !

rt

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:07:42 GMT

Have you tried "The advance of the Fungi" by E C Large. It was published 
as one of the New Naturalist series and may be out of print but it is an 
excellent general read on Fungi. The section on the Irish Potato Famine 
is particularly interesting.

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:06:45 GMT

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:07:02 GMT