Subject: Re: Fish fungus infection

From: [email-masked] (Lester Pasarell)
Date: 29 Feb 1996 06:22:45 -0800

>   I have a fish infected with body fungus, appearing as a patchy  
>translucent fluffy growth on its body. Any suggestions on how to treat 
>this will be greatly appreciated.
>
>

There is a big possibility that what you are observing is not a "real" fungus
and that is a parasite that is commonly called "ick"
Many of the common infectionss in fresh water aquarium fish (you did not mention
if you had fresh water vs salt ) are cured by treating them with a solution of
formalin/methylene blue and by increasing the temperature of the
aquarium...as long as you don not
have real plants in the set up. 
Information about fish diseases are found in the rec.aquaria FAQ and the
alt.aquaria
FAQ and in many places in the WEB ...but is you need more assistance e mail me,
I just happen to enjoy the hobby of Aquariums...... (-:

lester
Lester Pasarell-Luiggi                        e mail= [email-masked]
Medical Mycology Reference Laboratory                 [email-masked]
Department of Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, Texas 77555-0609 
USA
URL for the laboratory=http://fungus.utmb.edu/myco.htm
url for my page = http://fungus.utmb.edu/index.htm