Subject: Morchella biology

From: [email-masked] (Regis.Courtecuisse)
Date: 21 May 1996 17:21:57 GMT

Dear all !

May I forward a letter from a friend and colleague of mine who is an 
amateur mycologist working on the taxonomy, ecology and physiology of 
Morchella species. He has a question which could find elements for an 
answer here around.
Please send your contributions to me because he is not 
computer-connected. I'll forward him the elements I'll receive.

Many thanks in advance !

	Regis

Forwarded (and translated message)...

Dear colleagues,
I am working on the family Morchellaceae.
A comon parameter in the occurence of many species seems to be sugar.
As far as perennial species are concerned, sugar seems to come from the 
sap of certain trees or plants. Unfortunately, when I read botanical 
floras or some pharmaceutical books, I don't find the data I am looking 
for.
I am seeking about the trees and plants containing sugar(s) within their 
sap, and more precisely its chemical (sugars... glucose, dextrin...) 
composition.
Would anybody have data or experience about that ?

Many thanks in advance and sincerely.
	Philippe Clowez.