Subject: mito membrane proteinfractions

From: [email-masked] (Karin Marbach)
Date: 24 Feb 1995 07:58:32 GMT

I want to prepare a pure protein fraction of the inner mitochondrial
membrane of the fungus I am working with, to see if I can get my protein
to show up in this membrane. 

Does someone know a method to end up with fractions of proteins of the
outer membrane, the inner membrane and the matrix of mitochondrien? I have
heard that there exists something like that once.

I will be thankfull for references too.

Please contact me over Email if you can help me out.
Thanks!

Elian van Nunen, Technical <university Berlin
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (David H. Griffin)
Date: 27 Feb 1995 14:50:09 GMT

The following may help with mitochondrial membrane fractionation:

Hallermayer, G. and W. Neupert.  1974.  Lipid composition of 
mitochondrial outer and inner membranes of Neurospora crassa.  
Hoppe-Seyler's Z Physiol Chem 355: 279-288.

Dave.

David H. Griffin               
Department of Environmental &
    Forest Biology
College of Environmental         
    Science and Forestry        
Syracuse NY 13210-2788         
e-mail: [email-masked]