Subject: garlic

From: [email-masked] ("Paul T. Magee")
Date: 11 Aug 1995 07:20:36 -0700

Scott-
I would advise strongly against using garlic to get rid of pests while 
trying to preserve the fungi. Garlic (most likely the active ingredient, 
alliine) is a very effective fungicidal agent against Candida albicans.  
In fact, a new antibiotic with commercial potential is called alliamine 
and is no doubt related to alliine.
Pete Magee> 

> will garlic water (either crushed garlic or crushed garlic boiled and then
> cooled) convince the bugs to vacate with out harming the fungi?  please email
> me with any help at   [email-masked]
> i am not interested in using sprays, but plan to use fly paper.
> 
> 
>    thanks in adv.
>                     scott
> 
>