Subject: Reply: Growing mushrooms

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 95 12:05:43 PST

check out http://www.mtjeff.com/fungi
In the search-by-subject page, you'll find sources plus info on how to grow
various species.

On Sun, 01 Oct 95 10:54:53 GMT, 
Graham Orme  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Does anybody know where I can obtain advice and materials for growing
>edible fungi at home. I've tried a kit for growing agaricus bisporus
>which was reasonably succesful but these mushrooms are readily available 
>from the shops here in the UK.
>
>What I would like to grow are oyster fungi (Pleurotus cornucopiae, 
>P. dryinus or P. ostreatus) or Japanese Shittaki or Penny Bun Boletus
>(Boletus Edulis also called Cep, Steinpilze or Porcino).
>
>Does anyone have experience of growing these?
>
>Another interesting one is the Chanterelle (Cantharellus cibarius).
>Is it possible to farm them?
>TIA
>-- 
>Graham Orme 
>