Subject: Postdoctoral Position

From: [email-masked] (Charlotte R Bronson)
Date: 30 Aug 1995 13:57:34 -0700

Position Announcement

Title:                Research Associate II

Location:             Iowa State University
                      Department of Plant Pathology
                      Ames, Iowa, USA

Appointment:          Full-time, 12 month position, with annual
                      re-appointment contingent upon continued funding
                      and satisfactory performance.

Position Available:   Immediately

Responsibilities:     Design and conduct research on the molecular
                      mechanisms used by the fungus Phialophora gregata
                      to cause disease on soybeans. Approaches include,
                      but are not limited to, the identification,
                      cloning and analysis of genes controlling
                      pathogenicity.

Qualifications:       M.S. in genetics, molecular biology, microbiology
                      or plant pathology, with 2 years of independent
                      research on the molecular biology of fungi. Ph.D.
                      and research experience with plant pathogens
                      preferred.

Salary:               $27,000 per year plus full university benefits
                      (health and life insurance, vacation and
                      retirement).

Application:          Send curriculum vitae, including transcripts,
                      summary of research experience, copies of relevant
                      publications, and the names and addresses of at
                      least three references to:

                        Dr. Charlotte R. Bronson
                        Department of Plant Pathology
                        Iowa State University
                        Ames, IA  50011-1020
                        FAX: 515-294-9420
                        E-Mail: [email-masked]

Application Deadline: 15 September or until position filled

Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.