Subject: RE: Curvularia lunata toxins

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Sep 1995 08:36:28 -0500

From:	DTPVX2::MCCLOUD      12-SEP-1995 17:34:05.10
To:	SMTP%"[email-masked]"
CC:	MCCLOUD
Subj:	RE: Curvularia lunata toxins

Previously Andy at U. Leeds asked: ...does (C.lunata) produce toxic
metabolites? I've reviewed the literature and can't find any reports..."

Curvularia lunata is listed as being a producing organism for:
   cytochalasin-B    ref: JACS 106,1119,1984
   brefeldin-A            ABB 229,136,1984
   neocoprogen-I          JACS 109,4948,1987
   zaragozic acid-A       Angew 33,2184,1994

This database lists all PO's and all references as a group, so it may take
a bit of library work to sort this out.    I have no interest in C. lunata.
A short while back I had an interest in brefeldin, and in doing the lit.
search also found J.Chem.Soc. Perkin Trans I, 2387 in which C. lunata is
listed as a PO.  If you want a more recent ref. to brefeldin see J. Ind.
Microb.15, 5-9, 1995.       Tom McCloud        Frederick, MD