Subject: PhD position in molecular fungal ecology/taxonomy

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Sep 1995 13:34:36 +0100

Applications are invited for a PhD studentship for three years in

Molecular Fungal Ecology/Taxonomy

Applicants should hold a Masters degree or equivalent and have working
experience in molecular biology and mycology or phytopathology. The
successful applicant will work on the characterisation of selected isolates
of the root endophyte Phialocephala fortinii (Hyphomycetes) by both
species- and strain-specific genetic markers and study the population
structure and distribution of this fungus. The experimental programme will
use classical mycological and plant pathological techniques as well as
molecular genetic techniques. Methods to be used will include RAPD and RFLP
markers, and sequencing of single-copy genes. Norway spruce (Picea abies)
will be used as model host plant.

Applications including a full curriculum vitae, a copy of the Masters
thesis, publications (if any) and letters of recommendation by two referees
should be sent to: Prof. Dr. O. Holdenrieder or Dr. Thomas N. Sieber, Swiss
=46ederal Institute of Technology (ETH), Department of Wood and Forest
Sciences, Forest pathology and Dendrology, ETH-Zentrum, CH-8092 Z=FCrich,
Switzerland. Deadline for application is October 31,1995.

****************************************************************************=
**
Thomas N. Sieber, PhD
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Department of Forest and Wood Sciences
=46orest Pathology and Dendrology
ETH-Zentrum
CH-8092 Zuerich
Switzerland

phone ++41 1 632 55 21
fax   ++41 1 632 11 27
e-mail: [email-masked]
****************************************************************************
**