Subject: Mycorrhiza - production of plant growt/development hormones ???

From: [email-masked] (Bjorn Ness)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 16:02:52

I searche for information about possible mycorrhizal production of plant 
growth hormones  (auxins, gibberrelin, cytokins).

I am well awere of the role mycorrhiza play in suporting the trees (/plants) 
with mineral components from the soil. But someone once wrote about plant 
hormone production as well.  Do anyone have som information on this ??

Please give me info bye E.mail: [email-masked]

Thank You!!

Bjoern Arne Naess
Soer-Troendelag College 
dep. Chemistry, Chemical engineering/biotechnology

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:30:19 GMT

>hormone production as well.  Do anyone have som information on this ??
Most standard plant physiology texts will give you some basic information
on this- my dated copy of Salisbury & Ross, for example, explains that auxins,
as well as the cytokinins zeatin and zeatin riboside stimulate ectomycorrhizae
formation.  Plant hormone production by the fungal symbiont plays a role in
determining the degree of branching in a mycorrhizal root (increased branching
= more surface area for infection = greater transfer of nutrients, etc.)  If 
you need more info., there are many books on the general topic (and not a few
lurkers in this group that probably know a lot more about this).
-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lewis Melville)
Date: 23 Feb 1995 19:17:10 GMT

Richard Winder ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bjorn Ness) writes:
: >I searche for information about possible mycorrhizal production of plant 
: >growth hormones  (auxins, gibberrelin, cytokins).

	Try the mycology newsgroup. Also, if you mail a subscription 
request to [email-masked] with the message SUBSCRIBE MICRONET you 
will be added to the micronet mailing list for mycorrhiza researchers 
around the world. You could then ask everyone on the list (150 
researchers). 
good luck . lewis melville.