Subject: PCIH - Burge and Morey in San Diego yesterday

From: [email-masked] (Richard Byrd)
Date: 10 Oct 1995 01:17:01 GMT

Hello all you IAQ/IH people hiding out there - were any of you at
Sunday's talks by Philip Morey and Harriet Burge on mold, mold, and
more mold?  I heard someone there mention the Internet.  The talks were
a great treat.

Rich Byrd
Dir. IAQ Investigations 
Machado Environmental Corp.
Glendale, Calif.
{all opinions exclusively my own}

---

From: Lew Harriman <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 1995 22:59:20 GMT

>more mold?  I heard someone there mention the Internet.  The talks were

Rich,

I'd sure be interested in any recent comments or observations by either 
Burge or Morey. These two have rendered great service to ASHRAE and all 
AC system designers by pointing out the consequences of high humidity in 
duct work...specifically the mold and mildew that can grow and spew into 
the occupied zones of a building as a result. (Think of the "dirty socks 
syndrome" and "flu-like symptoms" that we hear so much about)

Can you post your impression of some of the points they made in San 
Diego? I couldn't make the conference myself.

Thanks,

Lew Harriman
Mason-Grant