Subject: Technical position available

From: [email-masked] (Harald Scherm)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 12:20:33

Agricultural Research Assistant III (Laboratory/ Field Technician)

Location: Department of Plant Pathology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.  
Responsibilities: This is a permanent, full-time technical position.  The 
incumbent will work as a team member with the project leader and graduate 
students to conduct field and laboratory research on diseases of fruit crops, 
particularly peaches, blueberries, and apples.  The objective is to develop a 
scientific basis for economically and environmentally sound disease management 
systems.  Qualifications: minimum B.S. in Plant Pathology, Horticulture, or 
related field with experience in laboratory, greenhouse, and/or field 
research; M.S. and experience with fruit crops preferred.  Ability to work 
independently.  Valid driver's license and willingness to work with 
pesticides.  Starting salary: $20,997 - 23,077 depending on qualifications.  
Application procedure: Send letter of application, resume, copies of academic 
transcripts, and names of two references to Dr. H. Scherm, currently at Iowa 
State University,  Department of Plant Pathology, 351 Bessey Hall, Ames, IA 
50011.  Phone: 515/294-1696, fax: 515/294-9420, e-mail: [email-masked].  
The position is available in October 1996, and applications will be accepted 
until a suitable candidate is identified.  The University of Georgia is an 
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.