Subject: Australian post docs

From: [email-masked] (by way of [email-masked] (Brett Tyler))
Date: 24 Jul 1996 15:16:18 -0700

Dear Brett

If you know of any people looking for post-docs in Australia could you
please pass on this information to them.  Previously it has been very
difficult to get funds for overseas postdocs to come to Australia, so this
is a nice opportunity.

The Australian Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) have
initiated three year post doctoral fellowships for people to come to
Australia and work on a grains research project.  The Fellowships start in
early 1997 and are awarded on the basis of excellence of the applicant, the
quality of the project and its relevance to goals of GRDC.  This is a new
scheme and I would expect that the post-doctoral fellow would work on a
project developed by an Australian research group that is already funded by
GRDC.  Applications close in September.

I have two projects on the interaction between Indian mustard and the
blackleg fungus (Leptosphaeria maculans) and can provide details to anyone
interested.  I can also suggest other Australians to contact who might have
projects more suited to a particular applicant.

Best regards
Barbara Howlett

Barbara J Howlett
Plant Cell Biology Research Centre
School of Botany
University of Melbourne, Parkville 3052 VIC
Australia
 phone: +61 3 9344 5062 or +61 3 9344 5053
 fax:   +61 3 9347 1071
 email   [email-masked]