Subject: Candida albicans

From: [email-masked] (joao8528)
Date: 12 May 1995 21:12:22 GMT

Hi. My name is Joao Brandao and I'm very new to the net (I'm the one 
who's been announcing the 3rd ECMM meeting).

Every time I open the newsgroups Mycology or Yeast Genetics I hope I will 
find articles from fellow researchers discussing C. albicans trends.
Unfortunatly nothing ever happens.

How can anyone create a C. albicans news group ? Judging my present 
knowlege, I fear I may take quite a long time to be able to do it, if 
possible, at all.

My Email adress is [email-masked]

Would anyone be kind enough to reply ?

Best regards, J. B.

---

From: [email-masked] (David H. Griffin)
Date: 17 May 1995 13:16:30 GMT

> Would anyone be kind enough to reply ?
I see C. albicans discussions frequently on bionet.molbio.yeast. I
don't think it would be necessary to create a special newsgroup for
just Candida. Too speciallized and too much fragmentation of fungal
discussion. You are certainly welcome here, in my opinion. It just
takes getting the Candida folks to look here, if your discussions are
very speciallized, but much of the time discussions of Candida ought to
be of general mycological interest.

Dave.

---

From: [email-masked] (Francis Ouellette)
Date: Thu, 25 May 95 05:54:34 GMT

> be of general mycological interest.

it's true that candida has been poorly represented on
bionet.molbio.yeast, but they are very welcome there!

Here is what I picked up from gopher://genome-gopher.stanford.edu
(which keeps the archive of the bionet.molbio.yeast newsgroup)

              Yeast BioSci Electronic Conference Archive Index: candida

 -->  1.  stew@alces 22-Jun-94 WWW and Gopher servers: Candida albicans molecular b...
      2.  gen124@nof 25-Mar-95 Candida transformation.
      3.  soria@fotg 20-Sep-94 marker proteins for Candida.
      4.  mamber@syn  2-Feb-95 Separating Adherent Candida Cells.
      5.  huff@mcclb 20-Aug-93 We will map Candida Albicans Probes.
      6.  rx81238@mc  6-Sep-94 Lee's media for Candida.
      7.  GRAZIANO P 17-Jan-95 yeasts genomic C+G%.
      8.  francis@BO 18-Apr-94 Re: Speaking of C. albicans....
      9.  francis@bo 10-Feb-94 Yeast usenet.
      10. myirwin@uc 18-Apr-94 Speaking of C. albicans....
      11. jm2n@galen  8-Jun-94 Elemental composition.
      12. [email-masked]  2-Aug-94 Employment Opportunity.
      13. mj@sequenc  3-Jan-95 Re: yeast protein database?.
      14. dd544@clev 20-Apr-93 Re: Why is yeast....
      15. francis@eg 11-Jun-93 LISTA2 database available by anonymous FTP.
      16. jgreene@mi  9-Sep-93 Re: URA3/FOA positive/neg selection in other yeasts..
      17. biocmag@sa  8-Dec-93 yeast electroporation.
      18. reinhard@w  9-Dec-93 yeast electroporation.
      19. kch7y@gale 16-Apr-94 Re: C. Albicans info request .
      20. GLEN_SHEAR 22-May-94 EF-1 alpha genes?.
      21. DRHOADS@me  2-Aug-94 RNA Isolation reagents.
      22. klpiers@u. 29-Sep-94 phone #s, faxs or emails.
      23. klaus@biov 26-Nov-94 Re: pNKY51-Alani et al.
      24. D_Gerhold@ 27-Jan-95 Re: PCR conditions.
      25. Vermaak@mi 28-Mar-95 ftp sites.
      26. fbcds@SUNC  5-Apr-95 FOA-r but no ura-.
      27. sen@dishek 17-Apr-95 'Yeast needed by a dental research assistant'.
      28. SLForsburg 25-Apr-95 Re: Pombe resources on Internet.
      29. francis@BO 25-Apr-95 Re: Pombe resources on Internet.

Also of interest is the Virtual Library: Yeast (Budding, Fission,
and Candida) (Biosciences) WWW home page, at:

http://genome-www.stanford.edu/VL-yeast.html/

regards,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette  
|                              -------| discussion leader for 
|					YEAST/bionet.molbio.yeast |-------
| [email-masked]