Subject: The New Dictionary Is Here.....

From: [email-masked] (Eric Grunden)
Date: 7 Mar 1996 01:24:55 GMT

Hi All,

The 8th Edition Dictionary of Fungi (Ainsworth & Bisby) has 
finally arrived here in the U.S. and it's a beauty. Twice as
thick as the last edition, well constructed, and complete
with a revised general classification based on molecular
evidence, entries for all recognized families, a thorough
dichotomous key, etc. etc. and relatively affordable (as
far as quality reference text goes) at $49 (I wish the
Alexopoulus publishers would charge a similar price :) 
If you wish to order direct from Oxford U. Press, the
number is 800-451-7556. Happy reading.....

						= eg =

-- 
			*******************
The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
	belongs and returns to its creative source.
- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -

---

From: [email-masked] (Jessie Micales)
Date: 7 Mar 1996 14:10:39 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>Alexopoulus publishers would charge a similar price :) 

Speaking of Alexopoulus.......
What do people think of the new edition?  Is it substantially better or any 
different than the older versions?  (My copy was published in 1979.)  

Jessie Micales
Forest Products Laboratory
Madison, WI