Subject: green fluorescent protein

From: [email-masked] (Susan K. Crosthwaite)
Date: 18 Jul 1995 16:57:18 GMT

Has anyone expressed green fluorescent protein in Neurospora? If so,
I'd be interested to hear what promoter(s) you used and whether or not
the protein is stable and easy to detect. I'm thinking about hooking up
GFP to the qa-2 and ccg-2 promoters and would just like to get a feel
for whether it's going to be sucessfully expressed. Please Email me if
you have any information [email-masked] I will post
a summary of the information I collect on the net. Thanks in advance, 
Sue Crosthwaite

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Jul 95 16:08:24 EST

> Sue Crosthwaite
Have you considered Pseudomonas contamination???? RRandolph

---

From: [email-masked] (Jerome Rigot)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:25:59 -0800

> a summary of the information I collect on the net. Thanks in advance, 
Hi Sue,

I am also looking for a promoterto express green fluorescent protein in another filamentous fungus, Trichoderma harzianum.  Can you send me the info you get?  You may also contact Dr. Brett Tyler at UC DAvis, he has a weak to medium expression Neurospora promoter.  His e-mail is: [email-masked]
I, myself, am looking for a strong promoter.  
-- 
Jerome Rigot
Dept. Environmental Toxicology
University of California
Davis, CA 95616
(916)752-5896
e-mail: [email-masked]