Subject: Postdoctoral Position Available

From: [email-masked] (Gregory May)
Date: 1 Jun 1995 21:38:23 GMT

A postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in my laboratory.  
My laboratory uses molecular genetics to investigate fundamental processes 
in cell biology.  The areas of research interest are protein secretion, cellular 
polarity and mitosis.  See the recent publication for additional details: 
 Denison, S.H., Käfer,  E. and May, G.S. (1993)  Mutation in the bimD gene 
of Aspergillus nidulans confers a conditional mitotic block and sensitivity to 
DNA damaging agents.  Genetics, 134, 1085-1096,  Holt, C.L. and May, G.S. 
(1993)  A novel phage lambda replacement vector that has automatic subcloning 
capabilities.  Gene 133, 95-97,  Denison, S.H. and May, G.S. (1994)  Mitotic 
catastrophe is the mechanism of lethality for mutations that confer mutagen 
sensitivity in Aspergillus nidulans.  Mutation Res. 304, 193-202. 
 McGoldrick, C.A., Gruver, C. and May, G.S.  (1995)  myoA of Aspergillus 
nidulans encodes an essential myosin I required for secretion and polarized 
growth. J. Cell Biol. 128, 577-588.

   Baylor College of Medicine is located in the Texas Medical 
Center.  The laboratories of the Texas Medical Center are involved in a 
broad range of research, ranging from basic microbial genetics and
developmental biology to gene therapy.  This is a dynamic and highly 
interactive international research community providing many opportunities 
for scientific collaboration. The international recognition of the Texas Medical 
Center brings renowned scientists to the center for seminars and meetings.  

   Interested individuals should send a letter stating their research 
interest, a current resume and names, addresses and phone numbers 
of references:

Gregory May, Ph.D.
Department of Cell Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
1 Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX  77030
USA
e-mail: [email-masked]