Subject: Third IAL Symposium- IAL3

From: [email-masked] (Roman Tuerk)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 11:39:52 GMT

Third IAL Symposium: preliminary announcement

(online WWW - Informations:  http://www.edvz.sbg.ac.at/pfl/ial3/prelimi.htm)

Third IAL Symposium - IAL3: preliminary announcement
Progress and Problems in Lichenology in the Nineties

(Salzburg, Austria 1 - 7 September 1996)

Preliminary announcement

Arranged by the Intitute of Plant Physiology, University of Salzburg and the 
International Association for Lichenology

Organisation
I. Kärnefelt, President
R. Türk, Secretary

Local organizing Committee and Advisory Board
O. Breuss, G. Gärtner, J. Hafellner, H. Mayrhofer, E. Stocker-Wörgötter, J. Üblagger

General Information
The third international meeting arranged by the IAL and the Insitute of Plant 
Physiology of the University of Salzburg will be held from 1st to 7th September 1996
at the University of Salzburg, Faculty of Natural Sciences.

This symposium continues the series of international meetings on lichen biology which
started at Berlin 1969. It is open to any person interested in lichenized fungi or 
working in fields such as morphology, physiology, ecology, chemistry and systematics
of lichens.

Preliminary Announcement and Second Circular
If you are interested in receiving further information on the symposium please contact
the scientific secretary. The second circular will be distributed during May 1995.

Language
The language at the Congress will be English.

Scientific Programme
The symposium will include oral contributions and poster sessions. It is planed to 
avoid simultaneous sessions. The preliminary scientific programme includes nine 
different sections:

A. Systematics
B. Morphology
C. Ecology
D. Chemistry
E. Changes of Environment and Conservation
F. Resynthesis and Coltivation
G. Lichens of High Mountains
H. Photobionts
I. Lichens in the Tropics

Scientific Sessions
An estimated 20 minutes, comprising a 15 minutes lecture and a 5 minutes discussion
will be allowed for each lecture.

Contributed Papers
Contributed papers may be accepted either as lectures or as posters depending on the
decision of the convenors.

Travel and Accomodations
Salzburg can be reached by train and by air. There is the possibility to arrive by
air in Vienna (Austria) or in Munich (Germany) and take the regional train to Salzburg.
All the symposium partecipants can be offered hotel accomodation in modern student
dormitories wich are used as hotel during summer time for a reasonable price.
Camping accomodation is also available

Congress Fee
The Congress Fee will be estimated at 2.200.-- ATS (approximately equal to 220.-- $)
for full members and 1.100.-- ATS for students.

Excursions
Four different excursions are offered before and after the Congress. Details will be
presented in the second circular.

Correspondence
All correspondence and inquiries should be adressed to the scientific secretariat:

Dr. Roman Türk
University of Salzburg, Institute of Plant Physiology
Hellbrunnerstr. 34
A - 5020 Salzburg, Austria

Telephone Nat.: 0662 8044 5588; 0662 8044 5559
Telephone Int.: +43 662 8044 5588;  +43 662 8044 5559
Fax: +43 662 8044 5010
E-mail: [email-masked]