Subject: bug prob.

From: Scott T Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 23:25:33 EDT

will garlic water (either crushed garlic or crushed garlic boiled and then
cooled) convince the bugs to vacate with out harming the fungi?  please email
me with any help at   [email-masked]
i am not interested in using sprays, but plan to use fly paper.

   thanks in adv.
                    scott

---

From: [email-masked] (JMiller592)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 07:10:26 -0400

Scott,

I would be interested in the answer to your garlic/bug/fungi question as
well.  If you get a good response that is not put on the public board,
could you forward me a copy of the reply?

Thanks.

Joe Miller

---

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 07:09:05 GMT

> i am not interested in using sprays, but plan to use fly paper.

In addition to fly paper you might try electric bug zappers or a 
mixture of 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water with a little dish 
soap in it.  Put it in pint jars in various locations around the 
growing room.  It attracts and drowns the flies.  These get at the 
adult flies which helps some.
Good luck!

Jerry Haugen, Editor
The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (RushWayne)
Date: 23 Aug 1995 01:30:52 -0400

Maybe you could tell us what kind of bugs you're dealing with.  
Or did I miss something?
--Rush Wayne