Subject: fungal geneticist position

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Dec 1994 10:17:47 -0800

FUNGAL GENETICIST, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF BOTANY
The Department of Botany at the University of Wyoming seeks 
applicants who work on the genetics of fungi for a 9-month tenure-
track position at the assistant professor level.  Applicants who can relate 
their work to organismal biology, and who use modern molecular 
techniques are especially encouraged to apply.  Preference will be given 
to applicants who complement existing strengths in mycology, 
systematics, evolutionary biology, physiology, and ecology.  The 
position begins in the fall, 1995, and the successful candidate will be 
expected to teach introductory genetics, participate in the general 
biology program and develop a graduate course in their specialty.  The 
successful candidate will be expected to teach introductory genetics, 
participate in the general biology program and develop a graduate 
course in area of specialization.  A vigorous, externally-funded, 
research program is expected and a commitment to graduate and 
undergraduate education is required.  A Ph.D. degree is required, and 
postdoctoral experience is desired.  Applicants should submit 
curriculum vita, transcripts, statement of teaching and research 
interests, and representative reprints; and should have three letters of 
reference sent by 15 February 1995 to Dr. Ron Hartman, Genetics 
Search Committee Chair, Department of Botany, University of 
Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071-3165.  The University of Wyoming is 
an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer