Subject: Suicide Fungi

From: Mathew Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Mar 1995 08:12:03 GMT

Has anyone read any recent references on the use of suicide fungi in
biocontrol, i.e. the use of fungi which are applied with a nutrient
adjuvant as bioherbicides.  If so could you PLEASE let me know the
relevant references.
Thanks in Advance, 	Mathew Campbell
			Department of Botany
			University of New England
			Armidale, NSW, Australia 2351.

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 23:52:56 GMT

>Thanks in Advance, 	Mathew Campbell

Mathew- I've worked with bioherbicides for quite a while now, and I've
never heard the term "suicide fungi" before, nor do I see how it relates
to nutrient adjuvants.  Could you be more specific?  There are many types
of nutrient adjuvants used in biocontrol, and there are many types of
fungi used in bioherbicides.  Are you referring to the use of fungi which
may promote the hypersensitive reaction in plants?  If so, there's not been a
whole lot published on the specific topic...	-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]