Subject: post-doc position available

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Dec 1994 10:22:33 -0800

Position Title:  Postdoctoral Research Associate

Location:  Botany Department, University of Wyoming, Laramie, 
Wyoming.

Project:  National Science Foundation funded project entitled 
"Saprotrophic Responses by Ectomycorrhizal Fungi."  The 
mechanisms of ectomycorrhizal fungi that may allow greater 
competitivity with saprotrophic fungi will be examined.  This will be 
accomplished by conducting physiological and molecular experiments 
in the laboratory using specially designed root-microcosms that allow 
growth and manipulation of a portion of the extramatrical hyphae 
separate from the roots and rooting substrate while still in symbiosis 
with the host.  Some field work may also be required.

Qualifications:  A Ph.D. in mycology or closely related discipline, with 
research emphasis on fungi (especially ectomycorrhizal fungi and 
basidiomycetes) and training in growth, manipulation and 
experimentation with fungi, experience in fungal 
physiology and molecular techniques is required.  Knowledge of field 
techniques would be useful.  Must have ability to work independently 
and as a member of a team.

Salary:  Commensurate with experience.  Position is for up to 2 years 
(extensions may be possible), depending on experience and progress.  
Beginning date flexible but prefer soon.

Interested individuals should submit their curriculum vitae, a list of 
three references with addresses and phone numbers, and a letter 
describing capabilities and interests to:

Dr. Steven L. Miller
Botany Department
University of Wyoming
Laramie, Wyoming 82071
Phone:  (307) 766-2834
FAX:  (307) 766-2851
e-mail: [email-masked]