Subject: Systematics Postdoctoral Position

From: [email-masked] (Lisa Law)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 11:34:35 -0800

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
                                IN
                         PLANT SYSTEMATICS
                                IN
                      THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
                           DUKE UNIVERSITY

        The Department of Botany of Duke University announces a two-year
postdoctoral fellowship in plant systematics for the academic year
1995-1996.  This position has been made possible by an Andrew W. Mellon
Foundation grant.  Applicants may apply to do research with any plant group
or across plant groups including algae, fungi, lichens, bryophytes and
vascular plants.  The award includes a stipend and fringe benefits plus
funds for research travel and supplies.  The Department of Botany is
particularly interested in fellows who will enhance our systematics program
through interactions with graduate students and faculty in seminars,
discussion groups and involvement in research.

        Applications must be received by April 15, 1995.  They should
include a curriculum vitae, a research proposal including indications of
any special strengths that the applicant will bring to the program, and
copies of publications.  Letters of recommendation should be sent by three
people who are familiar with the research of the applicant.

        Applications and letters of recommendation should be sent directly
to the CHAIRMAN, DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY, BOX 90338, DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM,
NC 27708-0338

Lisa Law
Department of Botany
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708-0339
E-mail: [email-masked]