Subject: candida parapsilosis

From: "Douglas J. Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 23:02:39 -0700

Has anyone had any experience with a yeast called trichosporum 
penicillatum, in regards to a persistent skin infection, and which also 
seems to thrive on synthetic materials? This has been a unique, but 
difficult situation, please reply. [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lester Pasarell)
Date: 15 May 1996 07:04:51 -0700

>anyone with experience or info on trichosporon penicillium, particularly 
>in regards to skin and scalp infections of a particularly persistent 
>nature? This fungus also has an ability to attach itself to and to grow 
>on synthetics. Please help me if you [email-masked]
>
Hi!

What type of information are you looking for?
is it on Candida parapsilosis? or Trichosporon beigelii, the agent of white
piedra in 
humans? or Trichosporon penicillatun a rarely isolated environmental yeast
like organism?
There has been a lot of "name" changes for the genus Trichosporon in the
last couple
of years...
please e mail me with specifics about your query

lester
Lester Pasarell-Luiggi                        e mail= [email-masked]
Medical Mycology Reference Laboratory                 [email-masked]
Department of Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch            http://fungus.utmb.edu/myco.htm
Galveston, Tx 77555-0609                      409-747-2439 laboratory
                                              409-747-2437 Fax