Subject: New Online Forum: Virtual Physics

From: [email-masked] (Cameron Jones)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:18:10 GMT

You may be interested in a "new" online forum called: 'Virtual 
Physics' which publishes high quality material on issues relevant 
to Contemporary Physics.  This is a bi-monthly publication, and is 
available in HTML format as well as by email subscription.  This 
Journal is entirely FREE, and I urge you to take a look.  For example
in Issue Number 7 there is an article which details how to measure the
Fractal Dimension of Fungal Colony Morphology with Wavelets.

It is available from either of the following URL addresses:

http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html  (CANADA)
http://www.swin.edu.au/chem/complex/vp.html (AUSTRALIA)

The Table of Contents for the past 2 issues are detailed below.  
Note that we are always seeking quality material for publication.
Guidelines for manuscript submission are detailed in Issue Number 08.
Note that this journal also has ISSN classification.   

====================================================================
  0   0 0 000  000 0  0  00  0       000  0  0 0   0 o00o 0  00 o00o
  0   0 0 0  0  0  0  0 0  0 0       0  0 0  0  0 0  o0   0 0   o0
   0 0  0 000   0  0  0 0000 0       000  0000   0     0o 0 0     0o
    0   0 0 00  0  0000 0  0 0000    0    0  0   0   o00o 0  00 o00o

 ====================================================================

  issue number 07.                                   August 1, 1996
 ____________________________________________________________________

 a forum for virtual meetings for scientists and students involved in 
 a  research  activity  on   C O N T E M P O R A R Y    P H Y S I C S
 ____________________________________________________________________

                               Editors: 
              Marcel Ausloos, [email-masked], 
                 Cameron L. Jones, [email-masked],
      Zbigniew J. Koziol (Editor-in-Chief), [email-masked],
          and Michal Spalinski, [email-masked]
           WWW address: http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html. 
                Copyright (C) 1996 by Zbigniew  Koziol
 ____________________________________________________________________

 IN THIS ISSUE: 

     LETTER FROM THE EDITOR 

     FRACTALS, MULTIFRACTALS AND THE SCIENCE OF COMPLEXITY, 
     by M.K. Hassan 

     TOPOLOGICAL AND HAUSDORFF DIMENSIONS - SPECIAL CASES, 
     by W. Holsztynski

     FRACTAL DIMENSION ESTIMATION WITH WAVELET PACKETS, 
     by C. L. Jones 

     HUNTING FOR FRACTALS, by Z. Koziol 

     FRACTAL CURVE, by W. Holsztynski 

=======================================================================
====================================================================
  0   0 0 000  000 0  0  00  0       000  0  0 0   0 o00o 0  00 o00o
  0   0 0 0  0  0  0  0 0  0 0       0  0 0  0  0 0  o0   0 0   o0
   0 0  0 000   0  0  0 0000 0       000  0000   0     0o 0 0     0o
    0   0 0 00  0  0000 0  0 0000    0    0  0   0   o00o 0  00 o00o

 ====================================================================

  issue number 08.                                  August 15, 1996
 ____________________________________________________________________

 a forum for virtual meetings for scientists and students involved in 
 a  research  activity  on   C O N T E M P O R A R Y    P H Y S I C S
 ____________________________________________________________________

                               Editors: 
              Marcel Ausloos, [email-masked], 
                 Cameron L. Jones, [email-masked],
      Zbigniew J. Koziol (Editor-in-Chief), [email-masked],
          and Michal Spalinski, [email-masked]
           WWW address: http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html. 
                Copyright (C) 1996 by Zbigniew  Koziol
 ____________________________________________________________________

 IN THIS ISSUE: 

     Letter from the Editor

     Myth of Competition and NSERC Policy of "Selectivity", by
Alexander A. 
Berezin and Geoffrey Hunter 

     Superconductivity Papers Database in Japan 

     Materials and Mechanisms of Superconductivity - High Temperature 
Superconductors V 

     About Virtual Physics and the Submission Policy 

=======================================================================

For more details, subscription to an E-mail version (its FREE!), 
and submission of materials write to the Editor of Virtual Physics, 
[email-masked] 

Past and present issues of Virtual Physics are available from: 
 
 http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html  (CANADA) or
 http://www.swin.edu.au/chem/complex/vp.html (AUSTRALIA)

Thank you for your attention.

Zbigniew Koziol and 
Cameron Jones 
([email-masked])

Editor of <a href="http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/vp.html">Virtual
Physics</a>
WebExperts (TM) Inc.,  tel. (902) 423 2149,  2-6032 Compton Ave.,
Halifax, 
Nova  Scotia,  B3H 1E7  Canada,  [email-masked],
[email-masked]
__________________________________________________________________________

   V I R T U A L  P H Y S I C S            V I R T U A L  P H Y S I CS
   a forum for virtual meetings for scientists and students involved
in a  research  activity  on   C O N T E M P O R A R Y    P H Y S I CS
__________________________________________________________________________