Subject: re: bleomycin

From: [email-masked] ("Kirk Apt")
Date: 1 May 1995 09:56:31 -0700

I'm trying to find the least expensive source of the antibiotics 
phleomycin and bleomycin, which are commonly used to select 
transformants of a growing number of fungi. 

Kirk E. Apt
Carnegie Inst. of Washington
Dept. of Plant Biology
290 Panama St.
Stanford, CA 94305

Phone: (415) 325-1521 x240
Fax: (415) 325-6857
E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Chuck Staben <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 May 1995 01:31:53 GMT

[email-masked] ("Kirk Apt") wrote:
>Bleomycin (blenoxane) could, in past, be obtained free from the
pharmaceutical company supplying it.  These were past-date
pharmaceutical samples.  They worked great.  I think the company was
Miles-look in the PDR and good luck.  We still use this in my lab,
although we rarely use this marker.