Subject: All-American Stericlave

From: [email-masked] (David Holdom)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:39:16

We are considering buying an All-American 25X stericlave from Fungi 
Perfecti, for use in a small insect pathology laboratory.  They are a lot 
cheaper than small horizontal autoclaves, but we have never seen one.

Has anybody had any experience with them?  Are they reliable and accurate in 
terms of temperature regulation?  What about throughput?  We will be mainly 
autoclaving 500 ml Schott (media) bottles, 250 and 500 ml conical flasks, and 
small bags and jars of grain.  Occasionall smaller or larger bottles/flasks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

David Holdom
Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Pest Management
University of Queensland
Qld 4072
Australia

---

From: [email-masked] (UNICORNbag)
Date: 9 Mar 1996 02:04:17 -0500

We use an ALL AMERICAN 941 unit originally bought from Paul, and it is
giving us reliable results during the last 4 years. Fungi Perfecti is a
reputable company and has been in business for many years more than the 4
years we have. If Paul gives you a guarantee you can rely on it. I don't
know the type you mentioned, may be it is a new type from the same company
or may be it is a name which Paul has tagged on. We installed an extra
temperature probe which can reach down to the center of the autoclave. Our
unit is sturdy and well made, and we use it once or twice every week to
test our production batches  of  autoclavable/microvented bags.
Lou Hsu
[email-masked]