Subject: Mushroom Growing Info Available

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 95 00:41:11 PST

Just a quick note to remind you that you can subscribe free to an Internet
wwekly email-newsletter, FUNGUS,  dedicated to specialty mushroom 
cultivation.  Here is the FUNGUS FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

FUNGUS FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

1. How to Subscribe (or unsubscribe):

Send this message to [email-masked]
Subscribe (or unsubscribe) FUNGUS (your email address)

2. How to Post Messages to FUNGUS:

Send them to [email-masked] (no other address, please)

3. What to Post to FUNGUS:

Any questions, comments, tips, techniques applicable to specialty mushroom
cultivation (before you post a question, search the web page for articles
already published dealing with this subject...chances are that you'll find
your answer there).  You are encouraged to announce seminars and meetings
relating to s.m.c. (specialty mushroom cultivation).  Mycology businesses
are encouraged to announce their product lines.  Actually, anything 
relating to s.m.c. is encouraged for submission.

4.  Why is FUNGUS moderated?

Two Reasons:  #1- The majority of subscribers have expressed an interest in
receiving one Digested emailing, rather than dozens of individual emails.
This feature actually helps in saving Internet bandwidth.  #2- Many times
unmoderated lists deteriorate into topics not relating to the subject or
Flaming wars of drivel. 

5.  When will FUNGUS be "published"?

Digests (groups of messages) of FUNGUS will be emailed approx. on the 1st,
8th, 15th, and 22nd of each month.   That interesting mycology email
newsletter, MYCOINFO, will be emailed upon receipt (bi-weekly).

6.  Where is the FUNGUS WWW Webpage/Homepage?

Right now, there is a temporary location while this page is being 
constructed. You can access it TEMPORARILY at http://www/mtjeff/com/fungi
Soon it will be transferred to its' permanent site.  Besides links with
other mycology sites worldwide, you can search/retrieve FUNGUS messages
by specific subject/topic (ie. Shiitake, Grow Rooms, Marketing, etc.).
This site is still very much "under construction"...patience, please.

7.  Where are the archive sites for FUNGUS "backissues"?

Besides accessing them via the FUNGUS webpage (see #5 above), you can 
access these by Gopher or Anonymous FTP:

Gopher://gopher.teleport.com/11/users/rarnold

ftp.teleport.com   in directory  \pub\users\rarnold\mushroom

8.  Who to Contact With Complaints or Comments Regarding FUNGUS?

Please let me know.  Ralph Arnold   [email-masked]