Subject: APIzym info anyone?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Apr 1996 11:17:22 -0700

Hi there,
I've been trying to get a hold of the kit APIzym (produced by API Laboratoire
de Recherche, FR). Does anyone out there know how I can buy it here in U.S.?
The kit is mentioned in:
El-Sayed, G. N. , C. M. Ignoffo, T. D. Leathers e S.C. Gupta (1992). Use
   of a colorimetric system to detect enzymes expressed by germinating
   conidia of entomopathogenic fungi. Mycopathologia, 118: 29-36.

Thanx,

Reinaldo deBrito
Dept Biology Campus Box 1137
Washington U.
St. Louis MO, 63108

---

From: [email-masked] (Simon Shamoun)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:32:16 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] says...
>Dept Biology Campus Box 1137
/////

 Hello : I have used API ZYM kit in my research to characterize isolates 
of a basidiomycete fungus Chondrostereum purpureum used as a potential 
biocontrol agent for competing hardwood vegetation in the Canadian 
conifer plantations and utility rights-of-way. You can purchase the kit 
either in the U.S. or Canada. The address in the U.S. is: Api Analytab 
products, Division of Sherwood Medical, 200 Express street, Plainview, 
New york, N.Y. 11803; and the address in Canada is: Api products, 8114-B
 Route Transcanadienne, St. Laurent, Quebec H4S 1M5. I have a paper in 
press in the European journal of Forest Pathology which is related to 
use of this technique for a quick detection and screening of 20 
different enzymes. Please, let me know if i can help you further. good 
luck in your research.

 Simon Francis Shamoun, Ph.D.
 Research Plant Pathologist
 Microbial control of Forest Pests & Phytopathology