Subject: spore collectors

From: [email-masked] (David Holdom)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:40:28

Hi
The plant Pathologists at a local agricultural research station have a 
hand-held device for collecting rust spores.  It connects to a vacuum cleaner 
and uses a vortex principle to collect spores into two McCartney bottles.  The 
device was custom made many years ago.

I need a similar device for harvesting spores from cultures of insect 
pathogenic fungi on grain.  Does anybody know of a commercial product and 
supplier?

Thanks

Dave Holdom
CRC for Tropical Pest Management
University of Queensland
Queensland 4072
Australia

Ph 61 7  3365 1866
Fax 61 7 3365 1855

Visit our website at  http://www.ctpm.uq.edu.au