Subject: Mushroom cultivation

From: Trygve Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Dec 1996 22:03:21 GMT

I have a small farm in Southern Norway, and would be interested in 
exploring the possibilities of growing mushrooms like shitake and 
oysters.  
Do anyone know of litterature for starters and/or European companies 
trading with seed?

Trygve

---

From: Joe Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Dec 1996 02:45:33 GMT

Without a doubt, the BEST Web site for info on mushroom cultivation
is Ralph Arnold's Fungus newsletter archives at:

http://www.mtjeff.com/fungi/

And consider subscribing to the Fungus newsletter which comes out
weekly and has over 700 readers worldwide, which may open some doors
for you. It sure has for me.

Joe

---

From: Steve Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:10:36 -0700

> Do anyone know of litterature for starters and/or European companies

Get hold of a copy of "Growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms" by Paul
Stamets, ISBN: 0-89815-608-4 available from the author's company, Fungi
Perfecti: [email-masked] or http://www.fungi.com.  This is a must for
the specialty mushroom grower.
-- 
Steve Davies

---

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:39:21 -0700

Steve Davies wrote:
> >interested in exploring the possibilities of growing mushrooms 
> >like shitake and oysters.

> Perfecti: [email-masked] or http://www.fungi.com  This is a must for

Also, check our web site starting at:
http://www.cdsnet.net/Business/mushroom/
We have posted two info sheets we wrote for the US Dept of Agriculture 
(as well as a lot of other info).  They are accessible from our 
'Archives' page whrere you will find links to cultivation information 
>from  Ohio State University and other sources.

. . .and try http://www.mtjeff.com/fungi/ to sign up for the on-line 
FUNGUS newsletter.

-Jerry-
-- 
Jerry Haugen
The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
P.O. Box 5065
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
USA
[email-masked]
http://www.cdsnet.net/Business/mushroom/