Subject: Re: Pleurotus light req.

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 07:15:42 GMT

[email-masked] (Jason Dobranic) wrote:
>
> Hello,
> 	For in door fruiting of Pleurotus what is the best method of lighting?
> What are the needed requirements? I would appreciate any comments on this and
> I would like to thank those who responded to my last inquiries.
> Jason

Jason,

We had good success with daylight flouresent bulbs on P. ostreatus.  
We used dual four foot fixtures. Roughly one fixture per 120 square 
feet of floor space and hung about 7 or 8 feet above the floor.  

Jerry Haugen, Editor
The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter

---

From: [email-masked] (Jason Dobranic)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 11:25:02 -0700

Hello,