Subject: RUST-MILDEW: a new Bionet list for cereal pathology

From: jbrown@bbsrc (James Brown)
Date: 17 Jan 1995 18:42:07 GMT

A new Bionet mailing list on rust and mildew diseases of cereals has
been set up. A short description of the scope of the list is:
"Biotrophic foliar fungal diseases (rusts and mildews) of cereals".

A longer description is:
"The RUST-MILDEW mailing list concerns the biotrophic foliar fungal
diseases of cereals, including rusts, powdery mildews and downy
mildews. The list focuses on diseases of crops, including wheat,
barley, oats, rye, maize, sorghum, millet, rice and minor cereals, but
can include discussion of diseases of related wild species. Discussion
of all aspects of these diseases is welcome, including genetics,
molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, taxonomy, evolution,
population genetics and epidemiology of the fungus, all aspects of
host resistance (e.g. genetics, molecular biology, cell biology,
physiology, microscopy), control by fungicides, fungicide resistance,
variety mixtures, agronomy and plant breeding, and any other topic
relevant to these diseases. The mailing list will provide a forum for
discussion of ideas, problems, recent developments and techniques, a
means of sharing expertise and biological materials, and a forum for
announcement of meetings and job opportunities."

Subscribing to the RUST-MILDEW list
-----------------------------------

If you would like to subscribe to the RUST-MILDEW list, send a mail
message to the Internet address

[email-masked]

and enter the following line into the body of the mail message:

subscribe rust-mil

This message will be automatically read by the Bionet computer and
your e-mail address will be extracted from the mail header and added
to the list. Note that sending subscribe/unsubscribe messages to the
other bionet server, [email-masked], won't work, since new lists on a
6-month trial are only maintained by [email-masked]

How to post a message to the group
----------------------------------

Simply mail your message to the Internet address

[email-masked]

and your message will be distributed automatically to everyone on the
list.  There is no editorial intervention.  PLEASE DO NOT send
subscription requests to this address as you will bother everyone on
the newsgroup.  Please use the [email-masked] address as
instructed above for subscription/cancellation requests.

Finally, please forward this message to anyone you know who might be
interested.

James K.M. Brown
John Innes Centre, Norwich, England
[email-masked]