Subject: hyphal tips

From: [email-masked] (Novo Nordisk Biotech)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 01:18:29 GMT

Are there any experts out there with (successful) experience in hyphal 
tip isolations? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used 
the technique for obtaining "purified" strains/transformants. Perhaps you 
know of alternatives for obtaining colonies derived from 
propagules/hyphal fragments containing single nuclei in species with 
multinucleate spores? If 
so, and you would like to share the information, please mail me at the 
address below. Thanks!

Wendy T. Yoder

E-mail: [email-masked]

Novo Nordisk Biotech Inc, 
1445 Drew Avenue
Davis CA 95616 USA

---

From: [email-masked] (mspear)
Date: 19 Mar 1995 11:26:40 -0500

> Novo Nordisk Biotech Inc, 

The techniques are as simple as the name.  With some fungi you can
make your life easier by using a low nutrient medium to get thinner,
less branching colonies.  

Be careful though, our experience suggests that at least sometimes the
entire genetic complement is not carried in a single hyphal tip.  

    ---- Mark