Subject: Postdoctoral Position - Molecular Genetics of Fungi

From: [email-masked] (Robert C. Ullrich)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 18:38:53 GMT

Newsgroups:		bionet.jobs
Subject:			NIH-funded Postdoc
Date:			July 14, 1995
Organization:		Departments of Microbiology and Molecular 
Genetics, and Botany and Agricultural Biochemistry, University of Vermont

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW - FUNGAL MOLECULAR GENETICS

A Postdoctoral Fellowship funded from an NIH research grant is available 
immediately to study regulation of sexual development by homeodomain 
proteins in the model basidiomycete fungus, Schizophyllum commune.

See Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 89:7169-7173 and 7174-7178, Molec. Gen. 
Genet. 244:318-324, and Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 211:1071-1076 for 
additional background.

Experience in all standard techniques of recombinant DNA analysis, 
protein expression, protein-protein interactions and protein-DNA 
interactions is essential.  Experience with fungi is desirable, but not 
essential.

This project is jointly administered by Drs. Charles P. Novotny, Dept. of 
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics and Robert C. Ullrich, Dept. of 
Botany and Agricultural Biochemistry.

To apply send curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and three 
letters of reference to: Dr. Robert C. Ullrich, Department of Botany, 
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405 0086, phone (802) 656 0432, 
FAX (802)-656-0440.

The University of Vermont is an AAEO employer.