Subject: Postdoc Position

From: [email-masked] (Bruce L. Miller)
Date: 6 Sep 1996 00:22:51 GMT

Postdoctoral Position in Fungal Developmental Genetics: The broad research
goal is to elucidate mechanisms underlying the biological function of the
Aspergillus nidulans Stunted protein.  StuAp is required for 1) cell
pattern formation during asexual reproduction and 2) ascosporogenesis and
cleistothecial primordium development during sexual reproduction (Genes &
Dev. 6:1770-1782; Genetics 143:155-163).  StuAp is a member of a family of
transcription factors that includes cell cycle regulators in budding and
fission yeasts, and regulators of fungal development in budding yeast, C.
albicans and N. crassa.   Possible projects include: structure/function
analysis of StuAp; characterization of downstream target genes involved in
asexual and/or sexual reproduction; characterization of isolated
extragenic suppressors of stuA mutations; characterization of upstream
regulatory genes that control developmental competence-dependent stuA gene
expression.  Interested individuals should have training in molecular
genetics.  Preference will be given to those with research experience
using yeast or filamentous fungi.  Position is available beginning
December, 1996.  Send a CV and three letters of reference to Dr. Bruce L.
Miller, Dept. of Micro., Molec. Biology & Biochemistry, Life Sciences
Bldg., University of Idaho, Moscow ID  83843.  UI is an EO/AAE.

-- 
Bruce L. Miller
Dept. of Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID  83843
[email-masked]