Subject: Re: want to grow 'em

From: Chris Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 1995 18:11:33 GMT

[email-masked] (FitzDC) wrote:
>
> I live in the southeast and have property with a spring and a creek.
> Hence, high humidity and lots of perpetual ground moisture in parts. There
> is always alot of native fungi around, but I'd like to know if it's
> possible to "seed"(or should I say "spore") for particular types of
> edibles. Also, where would I purchase the stuff to do so?

Yes !  It's possible to inoculate substrates such as wood chips
with specific mushroom spawn.  There is an excellent company in 
Michigan which supplies high quality, prolific mushroom spawns.
Write to:

EASYGROW MUSHROOMS AND COMPOSTING Inc.
P. O. BOX 2353
Farmington Hills,  MI 48333

Chris

---

From: [email-masked] (FitzDC)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 23:19:02 -0400