Subject: Anticipated Post Doc Position

From: [email-masked] ("John P. Jones")
Date: 26 May 1995 08:34:48 -0700

Anticipated Postdoctoral research associate position

Minimum qualifications:  Ph.D. in Plant Pathology, Microbiology,
Botany, or related field.  Experience with culture, storage, and
identification of bacteria and fungi.  Knowledge of microbial
ecology, data analysis, and word processing is highly desirable.

Nature of work:  Primary responsibility will be to assist in
studies of phylloplane and phyllosphere antagonists from rice;
including isolation, enumeration, storage, and identification of
microorganisms from rice foliage and determination of their
modes-of-action against Rhizoctonia solani and Pyricularia
oryzae.  The incumbent will be involved in the development and
use of laboratory, greenhouse, and field bioassays of antagonists
and will be required to direct the activities of student workers
employed on the project.

Salary and benefits:  Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include university holidays, earned annual and sick
leave, and optional group hospitalization and life insurance.

Date available:  July 1, 1995 or later; negotiable.

Application Deadline:  June 20, 1995 or until a suitable
candidate is found.

Application:  Please send resume, university transcripts, and
have three letter of reference sent to:

Dr. M.C. Rush
Department of Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology
302 Life Sciences Building
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA  70803