Subject: Kombucha-shitea, medicinal fungus?

From: JV <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Oct 1995 07:51:51 GMT

Does anybody know of information concerning this fungus , kombucha-shitea,
which is reputed to have a range of medicinal properties.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks 
justin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:29:28 GMT

>which is reputed to have a range of medicinal properties.

By coincidence there has been a lot of discussion on this 
in the alt.folklore.herbs newsgroup lately.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:29:36 GMT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:29:46 GMT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:29:56 GMT

---

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Oct 1995 06:18:10 GMT

> Any info much appreciated.

Try the following:

http://www.webcom.com/~sease/kombucha/info.html

This is the first I've heard of this with the "shitea" suffix.  Any guesses
where that came from?

-Jerry-
The Mushroom (not Kombucha) Growers' Newsletter
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Mamber)
Date: 6 Oct 1995 12:38:18 GMT

>This is the first I've heard of this with the "shitea" suffix.  Any guesses

I suspect it's simply a garbled 'cha' tea.

SWM

---

From: [email-masked] (Guenther Frank)
Date: 05 Oct 1995 23:07:00 +0200

Erstellungsdatum: 03 Oct 95 (Dienstag)  07:51 'o clock
Erhalten: 04.10.95

> Any info much appreciated.

I have an article  on Kombucha ("The Fascination of Kombucha"), but it is  
rather long (34 KByte). If you would enjoy reading it, please e-mail me,  
and I will send it to you.

The article that was published in the American magazine "American Raum &  
Zeit" (now called "Explore" or Explore More") in 1991. This article is  
dedicated to all who want basic instruction on Kombucha. The article was  
written by me and translated from German to English by the publisher of  
the magazine.

If you are interested you could join a kombucha discussion list
by sending a message to

    [email-masked]

In the body of the message, put the following

    subscribe
    end

The list is quite active. The list owner is David Lazaroff of Balanced  
Medicine,
Inc. You can reach him at: Phone 617-497-8284, email:  
[email-masked],
web: http://www.holistic.com/~holistic/lazaroff.html.

I hope I could help you.
Gunther
***********************************************************************
Gunther W. Frank,  Genossensch.-Str. 10,   75217 Birkenfeld/Germany
Fax (01149) 7231-485046 (24 hours a day)   -  Book "Kombucha - Healthy
beverage and natural remedy from the Far East" is available in USA
through Valentine Communications, P.O. Box 11089, NAPLES, FL 33941-1089
Phones: 941-353 9688 and 941-353 0806   Fax 941-353 5719
***********************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Guenther Frank)
Date: 07 Oct 1995 08:09:00 +0200

The article that was published in the American magazine "American Raum & Zeit" (now called "Explore" or Explore More") in 1991. This article is dedicated to all who want basic instruction on Kombucha. The article was written by me and translated from Ge
rman to English by the publisher of the magazine.

    subscribe
    end

The list is quite active. The list owner is David Lazaroff of Balanced Medicine,
Inc. You can reach him at: Phone 617-497-8284, email: [email-masked],
web: http://www.holistic.com/~holistic/lazaroff.html.

I hope I could help you.
Gunther