Subject: Re: Does Basidomycete can synthetize tryptophan

From: [email-masked] (Karol Szafranski)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 96 22:28:53 GMT

[email-masked] (Eric Bergeron) says:
>>Does Basidomycete generally synthetize tryptophan and other amino acids
>>that humans don't ?

Many Basidiomycetes synthesize tryptamine derivatives, i.e. serotonin or
psilocin. They even do so in cultures free of amino acids, with N supplied
only in mineral form or as thiamin.

Some literature:

     Agurell, S., J.L.G. Nilsson. Tetrahedron Letters 9, 1063-1064
     (1968).

---

From: [email-masked] (Norm)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:05:35 MST

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Karol Szafranski) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Karol Szafranski)
>Subject: Re: Does Basidomycete can synthetize tryptophan
>Date: Sun, 15 Dec 96 22:28:53 GMT

>     Agurell, S., J.L.G. Nilsson. Tetrahedron Letters 9, 1063-1064

Dr Jochen Gartz reports Psilocybe Cubensis transforming tryptamine hcl
in fruitbodies into high levels of psilocin (3.3% dried material)
I am trying it now.

Planta Medica  55  (1989)   pages 249-250