Subject: Re: Lepiota procera, Chanterells, etc. (longish)

From: [email-masked] (Ron Schwarz)
Date: 3 May 1995 21:36:07 GMT

In a previous article, [email-masked] (Island) says:

>Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I've got a "green thumb" and now 
>want to develope my "fungi thumb".  I would appreciate any info on growing
>or "encouraging" any of the following for personal consumption:
>
>Lepiota procera; Morcella esculenta; "shaggy manes" (C. comatus); 
>Cantharellus cibarius; black chanterell; meadow mushrooms;  and, of course
>Boletus edulis.

Watch out for Chlorophyllum Molybdites.  I've seen them growing in the
vicinity of Lepiota Procera, and when young appear very similar.

-- 
    "...last minute maneuvers in congress can make a mockery of
    presidential decrees."  ..Dan Rather, CBS Evening News, 3-3-95

---

From: [email-masked] (CAVETOCAVE)
Date: 15 May 1995 11:12:30 -0400

The Lepiota morgani (stubborness) is said to be toxic to some.
Have any of you eaten it?
I could have fed the worlds hungry with the flushes I have found and
continue to find everywhere.