Subject: Truffles

From: Daniel Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 May 1995 08:21:47 GMT

Truffles: Does anyone have a tissue sample of Tuber melanosporum? 
I know it only grows in France around the Perigord area, but I 
would like to clone some tissue and inoculate my oak tree roots 
since I have the same type soil. I read recently that the 
Japanese have been doing it are there any technical articles on 
the subject? Thanks, Dan.

-- 
Daniel W
29, rue de la Liberation
Esch-Sur-Alzette
L-4210  Luxembourg

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Stewart)
Date: 1 May 1995 10:06:43 -0400

In reply to the request for truffle culture info:

	Contact Dr. Khanaqa at University of Hannover, Germany.
Dr. Khanaqa GmbH & Co. KG, Herrenhauser Str. 62, D-30419, Hannover.
His company sells inoculated oak and hazelnut trees for production of 
Black truffel (100DM ea.), White (100DM), Summer (80DM) and a hybrid of 
White and Black (70DM). They say a first harvest of 40-70 g. per tree 
will take 3-4 years after the tree is planted. 
	This info from PEI Dept Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry. 
Neither they nor I are in any way connected with this company.
	Khanaqa can be reached at:
		Telefon (0511) 79 39 65, 7 62 36 16
		Telefax (0511) 79 39 85, 7 62 36 11

ABIOGEN c/o Paul Stewart
RR #2 Vernon Bridge
Prince Edward Island
CANADA   C0A 2E0
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (CAVETOCAVE)
Date: 7 May 1995 15:51:26 -0400

Contact Urbani Truffles in New York. He sells pre inoculated trees.