Subject: The History of Fungal Ecology

From: Kelly Patrice Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Sep 1996 02:29:31 GMT

Does anyone have any information or ideas on where to start research on 
the history of ecology and how it relates to fungi?

---

From: Peter Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:26:49 +1100

> the history of ecology and how it relates to fungi?

I would recommend, as a starting point, a book by E C Large, written
many years ago, called "The Advance of the Fungi".

Cheers,

Peter Taylor

---

From: Peter Herman <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Sep 1996 14:01:12 GMT

>the history of ecology and how it relates to fungi?

Bridge Cooke's 1979 book, though a bit old and dated in some 
areas, is still one of the most comprehensive treatments of the 
area and a good READABLE text.  The info is

The ecology of the fungi
William Bridge Cooke
1979, CRC Press
ISBN 0-8493-5343-2
Library of Congress call # QK604.C637

Since CRC books are rather costly, and this is rather old, I 
would suggest a library as the first choice for finding it.

Peter