Subject: Science fair

From: [email-masked] (RIP659)
Date: 14 Oct 1996 13:03:52 -0400

Dear everybody,

                 I'm a student attending eighth grade and this year we are
required to  conduct a scince fair experiment.  So far, all has gone well,
but I need some more information for my review of literature.  Any web
sites or information regarding the growth of fungi, their characteristics,
odd facts, strange/special types of fungi, or any other types of
information would be greatly appreciated.          
                                                      TIA!!!

                                             Sincerely

                                                    RIP659

---

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:55:50 -0700

RIP659 wrote:
>Any web

Pleurotus tuber-regium is a bit different.  We published an article in 
our September 1995 issue.  It is available on-line at:
http://www.cdsnet.net/Business/mushroom/mgnl_995_ptr.html
There is a list of references appended to the article.

Paul Stamets' scanning electron micrographs of mycelial development are 
fascinating too.  You can see them at:
http://www.fungi.com/sem.html

have fun!
-Jerry-  
-- 
Jerry Haugen
The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
P.O. Box 5065
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
USA
[email-masked]
http://www.cdsnet.net/Business/mushroom/

---

From: [email-masked] (NDPM)
Date: 15 Oct 1996 01:40:27 -0400

Let me tell you how to do well at a science fair. You can't just review
the literature and present a report. You must think of an interesting
experiment, with controls, and present some data. That is what will
impress the judges. Try to think of an experiment that will answer a
question about fungi. Then perform the experiment and report the results.
Then discuss the importance of the results. Good luck!