Subject: Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Nov 1995 18:59:54 -0800

A Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate is required in the Department 
     of Genetics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia, to 
     participate in an Australian Research Council funded study of 
     molecular events that allow the survival of periods of anoxia in 
     filamentous fungi that are obligate aerobes. A metabolic pathway has 
     been identified and the genes encoding the enzymes cloned, and the aim 
     of the present grant is to understand the regulation of these genes. 
     The successful candidate will have a PhD (Postdoctoral Fellow) or Msc 
     or submitted PhD (Research Associate) in molecular genetics or a 
     related discipline such as biochemistry or microbiology. Previous 
     experience either in the regulation of gene expression or in 
     filamentous fungi will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
     
     The position is available for one year in the first instance, but is 
     renewable for a further two years.
     
     For further information, including application details, contact:
     
     Dr Joan Kelly, Department of Genetics, University of Adelaide, 
     Adelaide, 5005, Australia
     
     Telephone - Australia 8 303 5567
     FAX - Australia 8 303 4399
     E. mail - [email-masked]