Subject: Kombucha, Manchurian mushroom

From: [email-masked] (Michele Dale)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 04:43:08 GMT

I'm sure I should already know this, but there was an article in the 
weekend paper a while ago extolling the virtues of the Kombucha or
Manchurian Mushroom.  Apparently people drink a tea which amounts to
drinking the culture filtrate, claimed to fix everything from arthritis
to eczema.  Out of interest can someone please tell me what this fungus
is?

Thanks in advance,

Michele.

---

From: [email-masked] (MYCOCHEF)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 14:57:12 -0500

Paul Stamets wrote a great article for Mushroom, the Journal of Wild
Mushrooming.  Winter 1994-1995.  check it out.  
quickly--kombucha is a mixture of yeasts and bacteria that has been around
quite a while.  Seems that today a lot of interest is being generated. 
here in Marin country , Ca. a lot of folks (usually old hippies) drink it
faithfully.  It "cures" grey hair and makes you feel young again, , , ,