Subject: Getting starting

From: [email-masked] (Ned Horning)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:40:18 GMT

I am new to this newsgroup and apologize in advance if this has been
discussed already.  I would like to get started growing edible
mushrooms and am wondering if someone can recommend some good books to
help me get started. 

In addition to general information, I would like to know if mushrooms
which are commonly grown commercially would grow well in colder
climates.  I have a house in northern Vermont although  now I spend
most of my time in Ithaca, NY since my wife is a student there.

Any help would be appreciated.  Ned
--
Ned Horning
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mycos)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 15:45:55 GMT

>Any help would be appreciated.  Ned

I recommend Stamets and Chiltons "The Mushroom Cultivator".
It's comprehensive, technically in-depth yet easy to read.
There's lots of color photos so you can judge whether or not your on
the right track as well.
After such a glowing critique you may think I"m affiliated somehow.
I'm not ----  just impressed.

                              Gary Williams  <williams@ netshop.net>