Subject: Picture of Jack-O'-Lantern

From: [email-masked] (Tryggvi Emilsson)
Date: 21 Oct 1996 13:16:33 -0700

This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
  Send mail to [email-masked] for more info.

---2105654985-1480946905-845928947=:23268
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

My apologies,
For some reason my previous attempt to post this picture failed.I hope it
works this time.

Greetings,

These specimens of O.Olearius were found at "Lake of the Woods" park,
Champaign Co.,Illinois in Aug. 1996, on a grassy field (?!). I had tried
to photograph jack-o'-lanterns a number of times before,unsucessfully.
These were unusually bright,so I gave them a shot.

Exposure: 5 min.
Film :    400 ASA (Walgreen's Brand)
Lens:     50 mm 1/f= 1.4  Olympus

Scale:  The caps range from 10 to 15 cm in diameter.

Tryggvi Emilsson
U.of Illinois/Chemistry

---2105654985-1480946905-845928947=:23268
Content-Type: IMAGE/GIF; name="mush1.gif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Description: Omphalotus Olearius

---2105654985-1480946905-845928947=:23268--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:39:37 GMT

I had a bit of trouble decoding the file.  For those of you that also
may have trouble this is how I decoded it.  I use agent news reader
with Win95 as an O/S.

Since I could not "decode" the file successfully I download the
"message body" of the file, then saved it to the directory that I
place binary .gif's and .jpg's in naming it anything convenient such
as mushroom.jpg.  Then, in windows explorer, I go to that directory
and activate my binary base 64 decoder, I click on my base 64 decoder
activating it then I drop my saved file onto the base 64 "window" and
voila it creates Tryggvi's excellent mush1.gif which I can then view
with my viewer.  Perhaps many of you can decode this directly but
occasionally I get files such as this that need to be decoded before I
can view them.  I hope that this has been of some help to those of you
who have trouble viewing the photo.

To obtain a copy of the base 64 decoder, download the shareware from:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sjhdesign/download.htm

Whenever I have binaries that I can't seem to view or get a message
such as "no binary attachment found"  the decoder usually seems to be
able to make it work.

Good luck and thank you Tryggvi!  A newsgroup such as this without
some appropriate binaries is as drab as a mushroom book without
pictures.  Let's have more.

Stephen