Subject: tree nursery - application of mycorrhiza

From: [email-masked] (Guenter Dobler)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 96 11:33:33 GMT

I'm working in a NGO in the Dominican Republic. One of the goals 
of this organisation is the reforestation of devasteted or 
mis-used areas, mostly with pine-trees.

In the production of pine-trees (Pinus occidentalis, Pinus 
caribaea) we add organic litter material above soils in 
Pine-forests to the substrate in the container, in order to 
establish the simbiosis between mycorrhiza funghi and tree-roots, 
this increases the capacity of the plants to absorb nutrients. We 
are searching for methods to produce the micorrhiza in the 
tree-nursery and to avoid this way ecological damages to the 
forests.

We would apreciate every information about those methods 
especially methods which allow to irrigate the micorrhiza.

Thanks a lot!

			Günter

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Guenter Dobler
Dominican Republic
E-Mail-Address: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------