Subject: LA MUSHROOM FAIR

From: [email-masked] (Steve Pencall)
Date: 1 Feb 1995 17:30:55 -0800

Wild Mushroom Fair, February 19, 1995

With this year's heavy rains, a bumper crop of mushrooms is assured  
in nearby fields and forests.  To celebrate this bounty, the Los  
Angeles Mycological Society will be staging a Wild Mushroom Fair at  
the Los Angeles State and County Arboretum, 301 North Baldwin Avenue,  
Arcadia, California on Sunday, February 19, 1995 from 9:00 a.m. to  
4:30 p.m.  Admission is free with admission to the Arboretum  
($3.00).

The Fair will feature identified species of Wild Mushrooms displayed  
in natural habitat settings.  Mushroom experts will be on hand to  
answer all your questions about Wild Mushrooms and you are invited to  
bring in Wild Mushrooms for identification.  A variety of Mushroom  
books and posters will be offered for sale.  The featured speaker  
will be Dr. Chester R. Leathers, retired professor of botany at  
Arizona State University in Tempe.  Dr.  Leathers will deliver an  
illustrated talk on "An Introduction to Mushrooms and Their  
Identification".

On Saturday, February 18, there will be 3 Mushroom walks, or forays,  
to collect Wild Mushrooms for display at the Fair.  One foray will be  
at Malibu Creek State Park, one at Placerita Canyon County Park and  
one in the Cleveland National Forest east of Orange County.  The  
public is invited to participate in these forays free of charge.

Please call the Los Angeles Mycological Society at (213) 292-1900 for  
up to date information on the Mushroom forays and Wild Mushroom  
Fair.

Wild Mushroom Fair, February 19, 1995

With this year's heavy rains, a bumper crop of mushrooms is assured  
in nearby fields and forests.  To celebrate this bounty, the Los  
Angeles Mycological Society will be staging a Wild Mushroom Fair at  
the Los Angeles State and County Arboretum, 301 North Baldwin Avenue,  
Arcadia, California on Sunday, February 19, 1995 from 9:00 a.m. to  
4:30 p.m.  Admission is free with admission to the Arboretum  
($3.00).

The Fair will feature identified species of Wild Mushrooms displayed  
in natural habitat settings.  Mushroom experts will be on hand to  
answer all your questions about Wild Mushrooms and you are invited to  
bring in Wild Mushrooms for identification.  A variety of Mushroom  
books and posters will be offered for sale.  The featured speaker  
will be Dr. Chester R. Leathers, retired professor of botany at  
Arizona State University in Tempe.  Dr.  Leathers will deliver an  
illustrated talk on "An Introduction to Mushrooms and Their  
Identification".

On Saturday, February 18, there will be 3 Mushroom walks, or forays,  
to collect Wild Mushrooms for display at the Fair.  One foray will be  
at Malibu Creek State Park, one at Placerita Canyon County Park and  
one in the Cleveland National Forest east of Orange County.  The  
public is invited to participate in these forays free of charge.

Please call the Los Angeles Mycological Society at (213) 292-1900 for  
up to date information on the Mushroom forays and Wild Mushroom  
Fair.