Subject: Re: Workshop

From: [email-masked] ("Dan Royse")
Date: 10 Apr 1995 10:09:58 -0700

Announcement

The 6th Annual Specialty Mushroom Workshop, June 13-15, 1995 will be held on 
Penn State's University Park (State College, PA) campus.  The Workshop is 
designed to promote the exchange of ideas for mushroom production, merchandising
and research.

Highlights

This year we will host the popular finger food mixer with the Agaricus Mushroom 
Group on Tuesday evening, June 13.  The informal atmosphere provides an 
excellent opportunity to renew old friendships and discuss the latest happenings
as well as make some new friends.  This year will also feature a field trip on 
Wednesday, June 14, with participants in the Mushroom Short Course to visit a 
mushroom packaging company and a composting company located near Kennett Square,
Pennsylvania.

The June 15th Program Includes:

* Marketing of Specialty Mushrooms and Production of Enokitake in the United 
States; Rod Sorenson
* Promotional Activities with Mushrooms in North America; Robyn Wilk
* Marketing and Other Challenges Facing the Specialty Mushroom Industry in the 
United States and Abroad; Robert Johns
* Trends in the Development of Production Technology for Specialty Mushrooms; 
Daniel J. Royse
* Toward Consistent Production of Shiitake and Pleurotus in Pennyslvania; Tim 
Hihn
* Status of Insects and Insect Management for Specialty Mushrooms; Shelby 
Fleischer
* Maitake and Shiitake Production in the Northeastern United States; Eric Lee
* Medicinal Aspects of Ganoderma and Shiitake; S. C. Jong
* Group Discussion and Tour of Mushroom Research Center

Registration

The registration fee for the Workshop is $165 ($185 after May 15) and includes 
tuition, tour, beverage breaks, and mixer.  Registration will be accepted by 
mail or fax through May 30, 1995.  Walk-in registrants will be accepted only as 
space allows.  Meals, tours and special events must be preregistered.  Refunds 
will be made in full if cancellation is received by June 1, 1995.  For 
cancellations after this date, a fee of $50 will be deducted before refunding.

For further information
About course content:
Daniel J. Royse, Chair
Specialty Mushroom Workshop
The Pennsylvania State University
316 Buckhout Laboratory
University Park, PA 16802-4507
Fax: 814/863-7217

About course registration:
Specialty Mushroom Workshop
The Pennsylvania State University
306 Ag. Adminsistration Building
University Park, PA 16802-2601
814/865-8301; Fax 814/865-7050; TDD 814/865-1204