Subject: I want to make more of my favorite scent......

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Apr 1995 08:46:46 GMT

Question: is it a type of fungi that causes a musty odor in a closet? I have one closet that has 
a very distinctive (hard to explain what it smells like....)scent in it that also gets on most stuff, 
esp. clothes that I store in there. It is a musty sort of odor similar yet different  than the scent 
of old books & papers. It is not a" moldy" smell, but a warm, somewhat woodsy scent, kind 
of like wet wood.  I love the scent, which I often find on old furniture & clothing in thrift & 
second hand shops. Someone at an herbal shop I shop at occasionally said that they think it 
sounds like candida & another person told me they think it's the wood rotting or something. 
My husband says he thinks the wood is pine. I have tried to make the scent stronger but do 
not know how. I know nothing about molds & fungi's & am seriously trying to make more of 
the scent.  (cuz it isn't very strong even on clothes that have been stored in there for 
months). the only word I can think of to describe the smell is what some people have called 
it...."musty"....any ideas on how to make more? p.s. I keep the door shut on the closet most 
of the time but would love the scent all over our apt. Anyone know of anything else, maybe 
a particular flower or herb that is 'musty' smelling? thanks a bunch for listening.
                                                                                   EarthChylde

   My home page address: 
    http://www.compumedia.com/~cffeelvr/
   Black Atmosphere's page:
    http://www.compumedia.com/~str8jkt/BlackAtmosphere.html