Subject: shiitake growing (beginner questions)

From: [email-masked] (Ron Steriti)
Date: 4 Jan 1995 16:38:02 GMT

The block of shiitakes i got from Fungi Perfecti is producing it's
first flush, and i'm wondering what's the best (easiest, low cost)
method of growing some more.

The best method appears to be to use high temp bags,
the ones from F.P. appear to be fairly expensive,
are there cheaper sources?

Is it possible to use mason jars, or is the mushroom too big?

Thanks for any/all help

ron

-- 
Dr. Ronald Steriti    [email-masked]   
		      http://dragon.cpe.uml.edu/~steriti/Interesting.html

Living has taught me how to think, but thinking has not taught me how to live.
   -Herzen

---

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 17:07:57 PST

Have you considered subscribing to FUNGUS, the mailing list for mushroom
cultivation?  These and many other issues are discussed there.
Subscribe by sending message to [email-masked] with
message SUBSCRIBE FUNGUS <[email-masked]>

Archived messages are available via anonymous FTP at ftp.teleport.com
under directories \pub\users\rarnold\mushroom\FUNGUS

Good luck!  Ralph D. Arnold, [email-masked]

On 4 Jan 1995 16:38:02 GMT,