Subject: Re: Re: Mushroom Images

From: [email-masked] (Mike Hoffelder)
Date: 5 May 1995 08:38:28 -0700

Mr. Volk,

I am pleased that you have set up this mushroom image database.
I have been looking for quite some time for a on-line visual 
mushroom database, and I am quite impressed with yours.

Myself being a new amateur mycologist with few references, 
I will be browsing your collection each time a species is 
mentioned in a posted message.  At least I will be able to 
visually get an idea of the type mushroom being discussed.

Thank you,

Mike Hoffelder
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Wayne Harrison)
Date: 6 May 1995 07:12:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> visually get an idea of the type mushroom being discussed.

To add my two cents:  Tom, thanks for putting the images online.  I'm
using some of yours in Mycelium
(http://www.igc.apc.org/mushroom/welco.html) until I get my color scanner
working.  They are some of the best mycological images I've seen.

Wayne Harrison
[email-masked]