Subject: Neurospora Methods Manual

From: [email-masked] (Dan Ebbole)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 06:22:28 -0800

I believe there is a flaw in  the plan suggested by Jennifer Loros for
disseminating the protocol manual at Asilomar.  Just because one does not
have a rigorously tested protocol to share does not seem like a good
justification for being excluded from receiving a copy of the protocols.  I
guess labs could bring something that sort of works sometimes so they could
avoid being excluded, but that would be rather a waste of everyone's time. 
Certainly some folks will bring portable computers, so perhaps bringing 50
hard copies and a file on disk for mac or dos format (someone surely will
should have a labtop that will read both formats to allow file copying at
least).  The collection of protocols should then be obtainable by request
or by WWW from FGSC.
------------------------
Dr. Daniel Ebbole
[email-masked]
Dept. of Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-2132