Subject: Substrate for Lepiota rhacodes?

From: [email-masked] (Francois Mario Schmiedel)
Date: 6 Oct 1996 19:53:10 GMT

Does anyone know what substate works well for the cultivation of Lepiota
rhacodes?

Mario Schmiedel

---

From: [email-masked] (Darvin DeShazer)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 16:52:44 -0800

>Does anyone know what substate works well for the cultivation of Lepiota

I have had good luck with straw bedding from a horse barn; a friend in
northern Calif. has innoculated his chicken coup bedding; several people
have reported success at the edge of a compost pile.
Darvin

---

From: [email-masked] (Francois Mario Schmiedel)
Date: 11 Oct 1996 21:32:10 GMT

> have reported success at the edge of a compost pile.

Does this species need a drop in temperature and a casing layer to induce
fruiting?

Thanks 

Mario Schmiedel

---

From: Jeremy Shuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:36:42 -0700

> Does this species need a drop in temperature and a casing layer to induce

I don't know about substrate for cultivation, but in my area (central
California) I often find them fruiting under rows of Eucalyptus trees,
or under pine trees in the wood chips used for landscaping. From what I
have read and observed, this mushroom tends to grow where others would
not, including the above examples. Hope this helps.