Subject: Help Identifying Mushroom

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Sep 1996 09:11:12 GMT

Hi,

I recently found growing in my yard a very noxious looking mushroom with a 
pink head that was covered by regularly spaced black studs.

Can anyone identify it for me based on this description.

My thanks in advance.

Steve Berlant

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 14:12:58 GMT

>Can anyone identify it for me based on this description.

If it's still available, take a picture, even  a poloroid would do,
try to get a closeup though,  then find someone to scan it and post
the file as a binary.  Then we might be able to help.  Other than that
the only thing that comes to mind is a stinkhorn but I don't know one
that fits that description.

Stephen

---

From: [email-masked] (Mycos)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 12:47:11 GMT

>>Can anyone identify it for me based on this description.

How about an unusually sticky Mutinus caninus that trapped a team of
Texas Line-Dancing Blackflies?   :)