Subject: mushroom books?

From: [email-masked] (LauraL6000)
Date: 16 Apr 1996 14:21:43 -0400

Can anyone tell me if there are any books out there - NOT field guides -
that either tell anecdotal tales about collecting mushrooms, or perhaps
fictional works that include a mycological angle? Thanks!

---

From: Mark Buckles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 20:30:35 -0700

> fictional works that include a mycological angle? Thanks!

One of Richard Brautigan's novels, "Another Roadside Attraction", had a fungal 
flair.

Are you a mushroom hunter?

-Mark Buckles
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (R.N. Weinstein)
Date: 18 Apr 1996 15:17:02 GMT

>One of Richard Brautigan's novels, "Another Roadside Attraction", had a fungal 

"Another Roadside Attraction" was authored by Tom Robbins.

---

From: Thomas O'Dell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 08:32:27 -0700

_Another Roadside Attraction_ is by Tom Robbins, not
Brautigan. I credit this novel with sparking my own early interest in
fungi.
However the most impressive collection of mushroom tales is probably
_Mushrooms, Russia and History_ by R. Gordon Wasson and Valentine Wasson.
Unfortunately an out of print rare book. A good University library might
have a copy in their rare book room...
cheers!

> Are you a mushroom hunter?

[email-masked]
Dept. of Botany, Box 355325
University of Washington
Seattle, WA, 98195-5325

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill N.)
Date: 19 Apr 1996 00:04:07 GMT

> fictional works that include a mycological angle? Thanks!

Sara Ann Friedman wrote a delightful book about the passion of mushroom
hunting- unfortunately, I can't remember the title!  I'll also second the
recommendation for Tom Robbins' "Another Roadside Attraction"- it's one of
my favorite novels.

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:19:03 GMT

Have you read "The advance of the Fungi" by E C Large?
It was published as one of the New Naturalist series and is a good 
general read. Particularly interesting is the section on Phytophthera 
infestans.

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:19:20 GMT

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:17:08 GMT

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:17:17 GMT

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:17:26 GMT

---

From: paul cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:17:52 GMT