Subject: ANTIPARASITE DRUG SCREENING

From: [email-masked] ("Gregory Russell")
Date: 20 Jan 1995 11:20:51 -0800

REGARDING           ANTIPARASITE DRUG SCREENING

Dear Biosci Researchers,
I am considering establishing a small biotech company to screen for
antiparasitic agents using compounds which have displayed little or no
activity in vertebrate or mammalian assay systems. I also wish to develop new
products based upon peptides or natural products in conjunction with mutation
and molecular techniques. The initial assay system has been developed for the
rapid screening of compounds displaying anthelmintic activity. It is my desire
to expand and develop this technology to rapidly identify active antiparasitic
drugs that display little or no host toxicity. The animal health industry is
the target market, however it is likely that a product suitable for the human
market may result from this work. The major focus will be on anthelmintic,
antifilarial, antiprotozoal and antifungal drug discovery.
I seek interested parties from either industry or academia for collaboration
or partnership in this enterprise. A cooperative research agreement with an
established pharmaceutical or biotech company would probably be the best
begining of this project. If you are interested in this concept please contact
me at [email-masked].
Thankyou,
Greg Russell Ph.D.
Research Fellow.