Subject: Research Associate, Plant Pathology

From: [email-masked] (Harald Scherm)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:24:12

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Department of Plant Pathology, Iowa State University, is looking for a 
Research Associate (P&S level 13). The incumbent will be expected 
independently to conduct research related to disease resistance and to develop 
new methodology to screen resistance to soybean diseases. He/She will design 
field and laboratory experiments for resistance screening, and will oversee, 
coordinate, and carry out the screening experiments in collaboration with 
soybean breeders. He/She will have extensive duty of coordinating between 
departments and will supervise temporary workers. He/She will analyze data, 
prepare project reports, and is expected to publish in scientific journals as 
senior author.
The candidate would possess a M.S. degree in Plant Pathology 
with one year post-graduation experience. Advanced knowledge in plant 
resistance breeding is preferred to work independently to design and conduct 
experiments, analyze the data, and publish the result. Experience with 
development of disease resistance variety and soilborne diseases. The 
beginning salary (minimum $25,140) will be commensurate with experience and 
qualification. Have university P&S benefits. To apply, send letter of 
application, resume, transcripts, and three recomendation letters to: 
X.B.Yang, Dept. of Plant Pathology, 351 Bessey Hall, Iowa State University, 
Ames, IA 50001. Application deadline: Feb. 20, 1996 or until position is 
filled. Phone: 515-294-8826. E-mail: [email-masked]