Subject: Mushroom magazine

From: [email-masked] (T. Valdine Ciwko)
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 15:50:11 GMT

I have heard that there is a magazine published in the U.S.A.
that is devoted to mushroom news. This is a popular magazine
not an academic one. It is national rather than being the 
journal of any regional or local society. Can anyone tell me
if this is true and where I can get a subscription? Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (MYCOCHEF)
Date: 9 May 1995 10:17:49 -0400

hi,
it is called Mushroom, the Journal of Wild Mushrooming published by Maggie
Rogers and Donald Coombs.  Maggie has an email [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (UNICORNbag)
Date: 11 May 1995 23:13:40 -0400

Try The Mushroom Grower's News Letter
at
email    [email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (mspear)
Date: 17 May 1995 12:32:55 -0400

> if this is true and where I can get a subscription? Thanks.

If your interest is hobby new try the other news suggestion.  There is
also a mag called MUSHROOM NEWS but it's pretty much an Agaricus
industry publication.  It is put out by the American Mushroom
Institute (AMI).  Most of the big Agaricus farms belong to the AMI. 
They have conferences, publications, representation at universities,
and a Washington lobbyist.  

Canadian residents might be interested in MUSHROOM WORLD.  Again this
is primarily for Agaricus growers but it has lots of nice science
reprints.  There is also MUSHROOM JOURNAL from england MUSHROOM
INFORMATION from Italy and so on ad nausium.

    ---- Mark

---

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: 18 May 1995 19:02:37 -0400

To the person seeking a national (US) mushroom magazine, not too academic but
 *full* of reliable and entertaining info --  try

		MUSHROOM THE JOURNAL (of wild mushrooming)
		Box 3156, University Station
		Moscow, ID 83843

	I've loved this mag for years!  Martha Gottlieb