Subject: Re: Mushroom Imports

From: [email-masked] (UNICORNbag)
Date: 13 Aug 1996 19:06:00 -0400

Just lost the message when aol got disconnected.
Regarding shiitake in US, the author is a few years behind times,
Regarding paddie straw mushrooms, only the orientals are familiar with
this mushroom, and you have to do a lot of marketing, secondly you have to
get round of the shelf life problem in shipping and reaching the consumer.
Lou Hsu
[email-masked]

---

From: JeremyBrowne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 96 10:45:22 GMT

Hi Lou

In article <[email-masked]>
           [email-masked] "UNICORNbag" writes:

> this mushroom, and you have to do a lot of marketing,

I recall a story of two shoe salesmen, sent to Africa to ply their trade.
One cabled back to the company after only a week, saying:
"Terrible sales prospects here - NOBODY wears shoes"

The other also cabled the company after a week, saying:
"WONDERFUL sales opportunity her - nobody wears shoes, yet"!!!

> ... secondly you have to get round of the shelf life problem
> in shipping and reaching the consumer.

If business is too easy, it doesn't need a clever bloke like us to run it
and make money!

:-)

-- 
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160

---

From: Lou Hsu <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Aug 1996 22:03:19 GMT

Hi Jeremy,
Good to have positive thinking optimistic thinking blokes like you around
We need to develop new methods all the time. Everyday I see my shoes, I'll 
remember your wisdom. Why don't you let me have your address so I can send 
you some sample bags that we manufacture.
Hope to hear from you.
Lou Hsu
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]