Subject: Glass-etching fungi

From: [email-masked] (Austin Reade)
Date: 25 May 1995 14:58:44 -0300

A colleague in the materials/engineering field asked me if I knew of any
specific fungi which were capable of etching glass.  This is in connection 
with a graduate student research project.

If anyone can suggest a suitable fungal candidate please e-mail me.

Thanks

---

From: Richard W. Kerrigan <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 May 1995 12:53:21 -0400

Ian Ross at UCSB may know something about this; his son Keith did an MA 
thesis at UCSB on geological aspects of this behavior.  -- Rick

 Austin Reade 
([email-masked]) wrote:
: A colleague in the materials/engineering field asked me if I knew of any
: specific fungi which were capable of etching glass.  This is in connection 
: with a graduate student research project.

: If anyone can suggest a suitable fungal candidate please e-mail me.

: Thanks
-- 
Richard W. Kerrigan, Research Department, Sylvan Spawn Laboratory, Inc.		
               1163 Winfield Rd., Cabot, PA  16032  USA
e-mail:	[email-masked]      phone: 412-352-1521      fax: 412-352-4062
	"Success has a thousand parents; failure is an orphan"