Subject: DBRC medium

From: [email-masked] (Tracy Bunting)
Date: 18 May 1995 10:03:18 -0400

Hello
I am interested in finding out how to get DBRC medium. I have written 
"Unipath" in my notes from a seminar, which may be the supplier. I believe
this medium aids in visualizing fungal pathogens because it contains a dye
(similar to rose bengal?) I do not have many sources for media (Fisher,Difco).
If you have any information about this medium or how to get it please let me 
know.
tracy bunting
[email-masked]
Plant Pathology Dept.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Muriana)
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 14:14:44 LOCAL

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Tracy Bunting) writes:

>Subject: DBRC medium

>[email-masked]

"DRBC" - Dichloran Rose Bengal Chloramphenicol agar for spoilage fungi, not 
necessarily "fungal pathogens"

Try Oxoid (800-567-8378), and I think recently Difco may have added it to 
their product list.
**********************************************************************
*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.             317-494-8284   TEL            *
*  Dept. of Food Science               317-494-7953   FAX            *
*  Purdue University                   [email-masked]   *
*  Smith Hall                                                        *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907-1160                                      *
**********************************************************************