Subject: (no subject)

From: [email-masked] ("R. Malkin ")
Date: 11 Jul 1996 12:26:48 -0700

Research Position Available

	A research position as an Associate Specialist in the Department of 
Plant Biology at the University of California is available to study the 
effect of microorganisms on the bioremediation of industrial waste water 
systems. A Ph.D. degree in microbiology or a related field is required. 
Essential experience for the position should include the following: 
prior research work with diverse groups of microorganisms, experience  
with the Biolog system, experience on the sequencing of 16s ribosomal 
RNA samples from microorganisms, and experience on the preparation and 
analysis of biological samples for electron microscopy. The position is 
available on or about September 1, 1996, and the closing date for 
applications is August 15, 1996. 

	Submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of research experience and the 
names, titles and addresses of three references to,Professor Norman 
Pace, Department of Plant Biology,111 Koshland Hall, University of 
California, Berkeley, CA 94720-3102

The University of California is an equal opportunity/affirmative action 
employer.