Subject: Re: Growth Media

From: "Peter Oei (ECO Consult)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 1995 00:49:14 GMT

[email-masked] (Roland Blais) wrote:
>Would sterile bovine excrement (ie fertilizer) be a suitable growth 
>medium for corporophylic fungi?
>
>Also, can anybody suggest a suitable growth medium for Mycena Chlorphos?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Roland
>

In a sense the most common cultivated mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) is a 
coprofylic fungus too. It grows very well on standard PDA or maltagar. I 
have conducted experiments with Bolbitius vitellinus and it also grows 
quite well on a standard malt agar. 

If the standard recipes don't work, you can try to boil some of the 
natural substrate and use the filtered broth. Add some agar and just try.

Peter Oei