Subject: Aspergillus protein extracts

From: [email-masked] (Javier Valdez)
Date: 28 Aug 1996 12:13:29 -0700

Dear Mycologists:

I am having problems trying to run SDS-PAGE with total Aspergillus nidulans
protein extracts. The gels have almost no proteins above 50 KD, and there is
a distortioned band at about 80 kd that seems to stop proteins from entering
the gels.We have tried several extraction conditions with no success so far.
I will welcome any suggestions or extraction protocols (that do not include
a bead beater).
Thank you very much in advance.

Javier E. Valdez
E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jessie Micales)
Date: 29 Aug 1996 13:04:28 GMT

Have you tried using any proteinase inhibitors?  If you aren't getting any 
bands above 50 kd, perhaps the proteins are being broken down by proteinases.  

Jessie Micales
Forest Products Lab
Madison, WI