Subject: Oregon Mushroom Show!!!

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 20:40:29 PST

October 22 - Oregon Mycological Society Fall Show
12:00  noon to 5 p.m.  At:  National Guard Armory, Gresham, Or,
(500 N.E.  Division Street). This is a super mushroom year, so
expect a wide variety for display, as well as mushroom cooking
demonstration, book sales, dyeing display, slide show and the North
American Truffle Society (NATS) always has a wonderful display of
photos, real truffles, and samples to eat!

The cultivation committee will have some booths and displays.  You can buy 
shiitake logs & bags, oyster bags**, plus converse with others about 
growing-your-own.  Interested parties will be able to pick up a free
"grab-bag" with cultivation info, including flyers/catalogs from
Fungi Perfecti ([email-masked]); Mushroompeople ([email-masked]);
Mushroom Growers' Newsletter ([email-masked]); Western Biologicals;
Northwest Mycological Consultants; a sample of the free Internet email 
newsletter on specialty mushroom cultivation (FUNGUS)##; plus add'l 
interesting donated cultivation information.

**the oyster bags were made with donated 'space bags' from Unicorn Bags Inc
Lou Hsu ([email-masked]) has kindly donated bags to the OMS 
Cultivation Group and we have used them in a variety of manners.
Thanks, Lou!!!

##homepage for FUNGUS is http://www.mtjeff.com/fungi

Hope to see you there!  Ralph Arnold <[email-masked]>