Subject: RE: computer program

From: [email-masked] ("Stephen P. Bentivenga")
Date: 8 Jul 1996 05:14:53 -0700

On Sun, 07 Jul 1996 10:04:18 -0800  Charles Samuels <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a mushroom identification computer program? Thanks 
>in advance.

Bryce Kendrick has written a database of agaric genera using the program
AskSam.  It is pretty slick.  It requires AskSam for DOS (it does not work
with the Windows version), which can be purchased at the academic discount
for $100.  

The agaric database may be purchased (for around $100) from:

Mycologue Publications
8727 Lochside Drive
Sidney, BC
V8I 1M8  Canada

Email:  [email-masked]

You can get AskSam for Dos from:
AskSam Systems, Inc.
Phone:  1-800-327-5726

- Steve Bentivenga

____________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________

        .|             Stephen P. Bentivenga, Ph.D.        __            __
        ||             Division of Plant and Soil Sciences   \          /
      _/ |____         401 Brooks Hall - Box 6057             \        /
    _/    *   | _.--.  West Virginia University                \  /\  /
  _/     WVU  |/ _/\_) Morgantown, WV  26506-6057               \/  \/
 /             _/                                                .        __
(           __/        Phone:    304-293-3911                     \      /
 \        _/           FAX:      304-293-2872                      \    /
  \_    _/             Internet: [email-masked]              \  /
    `--'               www:      http://invam.caf.wvu.edu            \/
____________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________