Subject: Re: Any good Mold ID Books?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Jan 1995 06:32:45 -0800

I thought the following information might be useful to mycologists looking for
mycological literature.

Roy Halling               [email-masked]
New York Botanical Garden Bronx, NY 10458

CATALPA, Online Catalog of the Library of The New York
         Botanical Garden, Accessible on the Internet

CATALPA, the online catalog of the Library of The New York 
Botanical Garden is now accessible through the Internet.  The
Library's telnet address is librisc.nybg.org  or 192.77.202.200.

CATALPA is an acronym for CATAlog for Library Public Access; (it
is also a small genus of American and Asiatic trees of the
trumpet-creeper family--Bignoniaceae).  CATALPA is fully
searchable using traditional card catalog approaches by author,
title, or subject.  It also provides search by call number or key
words in title, corporate entry, or contents notes, and allows
browsing through the collection in call number or "shelf list"
order, a virtual walk through the stacks.  These searching
strategies greatly facilitate bibliographic access to the
holdings of the NYBG Library and to the literature of the plant
sciences.

The NYBG Library collection numbers over 250,000 volumes (almost
110,000 titles of books and journals) in botany, horticulture,
landscape design and related fields.  Its particular strengths
are: plant systematics, floristics, plant ecology, the history of
botany, horticulture and gardening, biography, and garden and
landscape design.

For additional information about CATALPA and the Library of The
New York Botanical Garden contact John F. Reed, Director of the
Library, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY  10458-5126; 
or [email-masked].  

.