Subject: CYCLOHEXIMIDE SUBSTITUTE???

From: [email-masked] (RandBio)
Date: 12 Apr 1995 06:21:54 -0400

In view of the shortage and high cost of cycloheximide for use in culture
media for isolation of pathogenic fungi (mycobiotic, mycocel, bhi w/
c&c....) There is a need for a suitable substitute.

Saproxin is a qualified substitute.  Saproxin is more effective than
cycloheximide in media used for isolation of yeast.  Inhibition of
C.neoformans is minimal or non-existent with Saproxin.  Some dermatophytes
are inhibited, as with cycloheximide.

Saproxin is available to mycologist for investigation at no cost.  Please
e-mail your request for delivery to recognized medical/research
facilities.

Disclaimer:Randolph Biomedical developed Saproxin.  This is not a sales
offer, but an acknowledgement of the cycloheximide shortage and a possible
solution.

================================================================
     Robert Randolph          I
     Randolph Biomedical   I               .
     1-401-826-1407           I                               
     [email-masked]        I
     rand777.ids.net           I