Subject: Kombucha-cha-cha

From: [email-masked] (Bob Mulroy)
Date: 16 Sep 1994 19:09:09 GMT

I hate to add another wit of info to the kombucha mystery, so I'll add two:

1. Kombucha means "Giant Kelp Tea"  "Kombu", the dried leaves of the giant
pacific kelp is an almost inescapable foodstuff in Japan.  I can see where
a fermented beverage of kombu would be at least wholesome -if not an elixer
of immortality. 

2. In Chicago I went to Yaohan, a complete mall for asians.  In the tea 
section I found a hexagonal tin labled Kombucha.  It couldn't have weighed
ten grams. All the other writing was in japanese and my curiousity was 
smaller than the fifteen-dollar price tag.

I'm getting oplder and uglier everyday, so I hope somebody figures this out
soon!

Bob Mulroy, Successful and ruthless monoparent, Unemployed Chief Techie Weiner
9-A University Houses, Madison WI 53705. (608) 233-4672  Bob in '96!!!
--------------------------R. U. Hiring?-------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Stamets 1)
Date: 16 Sep 1994 19:39:06 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Bob Mulroy) writes:

I have had two interviews in the past 24 hours with the L.A. times and New
Age
journal about kambuska. it is achieving a fever-pitch out there. I have
not heard 
of the kelp connection... that is news to me. 

paul stamets