Subject: Re: Almond Scented mushroom

From: [email-masked] (James J. Worrall)
Date: 23 Aug 1994 14:54:35 GMT

>In a previous article, [email-masked] (Doug Brubacher) says:
>>
>>A friend showed me a specimen found in a wooded area--it looks
>>like a russula species perhaps (evenly spaced, white, attached
>>gills, white stipe about 1 cm thick).  The cap is a golden brown
>>colour and is dry.  The interesting thing is the odour--a strong, 
>>pleasant scent of almonds (like Amareto).  Does anyone know what
>>species might have such an odour?
>>-- 
Russula laurocerasi has an almond odor.

J. Worrall

---

From: [email-masked] (Geoff.Tennant)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 10:59:11 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (James J. Worrall) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (James J. Worrall)
>Subject: Re: Almond Scented mushroom
>Date: 23 Aug 1994 14:54:35 GMT

>J. Worrall

Agaricus augustus, maybe?

Geoff Tennant
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa