Subject: fungus tea

From: [email-masked] (Bruno Pretto & Paula Vopni)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 08:38:21

Does anybody have any information on verified cases of adverse reactions to
consumption of Kombucha tea?
Bruno Pretto

---

From: [email-masked] (Stamets 1)
Date: 17 Oct 1994 10:38:03 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bruno Pretto &
Paula Vopni) writes:

Bruno- I have heard that 5 people in Israel died from drinking a
contaminated
batch of tea. Also, there is a report from Florida which I am tracking
down
where a woman allegedly died from drinking Kombucha Tea. I have finished
writing an extensive article on Kombucha for Mushroom, the Journal which
will appear in the next issue. If you can't wait, I'll be glad to send a
copy
of the ms. (sans photos). 

How's your cultivation projects?

pablo-san

---

From: [email-masked] (Jerome F Rigot)
Date: 24 Oct 1994 19:00:23 GMT

Hello, 

I am perplexed by your inquiry about Kombucha tea.  I thought that
Kombucha was a japanese tea, made with kombu, a seaweed.  It is a tea
commonly drunken in Japan, and I never heard anything about it being
related to mushroom tea.  So I supposed that you may be reffering to
something different.  Can you tell me about it?    

Jerome F Rigot
Department of Environmental Toxicology
University of California
Davis, CA 95616
(916)752-5896
e-mail: [email-masked] 
or: [email-masked]