Subject: (none)

From: [email-masked] ("BIONET International ", CABI)
Date: 26 Oct 1994 06:13:38 -0700

To European biologists concerned with the systematics of invertebratesb and 
microorganisms

____________________________
First Announcement of
EuroLOOP Workshop II
Amsterdam, 27-30th March 1995
____________________________

EW II is the sequel to the First Workshop held in Tervuren, Belgium in June 
1994 where  representatives from institutions in 22 European countries and 
>from  three International Institutes founded EuroLOOP as a part of 
BioNET-INTERNATIONAL - the global network for biosystematics of 
Invertebrates and Microorganisms.

EuroLOOP seeks to mobilise, pool and enhance the biosystematic resources of 
its member centres of excellence, and through donor-funded programmes make 
these available to BioNET- INTERNATIONAL LOOPs in developing countries to 
support national programmes for sustainable agriculture and use of 
biodiversity.

EuroLOOP aims to provide the EU, and the national and federal governments of 
Europe and developing countries, with the best possible biosystematic advice 
and services within its remit, to assist unilateral and multilateral aid 
programmes for conservation and wise use of the environment.  As a powerful 
lobby within the EU and governances of Europe, EuroLOOP seeks to ensure 
requisite investment in the biosystematic institutions of the continent to 
enable the generation and delivery of vital new knowledge and better 
technologies needed by agricultural, environmental and biodiversity 
practioners world-wide.

EW II will set the agenda for the further development of EuroLOOP and 
formulate strategies for achieving its objectives.  It will provide global 
and regional perspectives of resources, deficiencies and needs and through 
collaborative work-programmes and recommendations, undertake and recommend 
effective actions through EuroLOOP for removing the present biosystematic 
impediment to biological research and development.

For further information please contact:
Dr. Eliane de Coninck
EuroLOOP Network Coordinating Institute
Koninklijk Museum Voor Midden-Afrika
Leuvensesteenweg 13
B-3080 Tervuren
BELGIUM.
Tel: +32-2-769 5386/5360/5373
Fax:+32-2-767 0242

________________________________________________________
This message was posted by the BioNET-INTERNATIONAL Technical Secretariat on 
behalf of EuroLOOP.
We will forward E.Mail messages to [email-masked] to the EuroLOOP 
Secretariat.
_________________________________________________________