Subject: Re: Bionet.mycology: mushroom-hunting, recepies etc?

From: Kari Tuovinen <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Aug 1994 07:06:17 GMT

Let's not split the group as of yet, because the volume is still
very low. The current volume simply does not justify the establising 
of another group. Also this scientific basis of fine for laymen to
learn something new.

Regards, 
Kari Tuovinen 
Helsinki.

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Herman x5495)
Date: 22 Aug 1994 17:02:15 GMT

>of another group. Also this scientific basis of fine for laymen to
I agree that this is true.  One thing I would like to add though is a
request about headers.  Thusfar posters have been good at clearly
identifying colleting/forey/cooking topics in the header line.  As
long as this continues, there should bee no problem in keeping all
mycological topics in this group.  I am one of those people who does
mycology (microbial ecology and ecophysiology) for a living but who
is an enthusiastic eater and occasional collector of mushrooms!
Naturally, I am pleased to see both areas here.

[email-masked]
R. Peter Herman
Biology, NM State UNiv