Subject: (none)

From: [email-masked] ("BIONET International ", CABI)
Date: 24 Oct 1994 10:42:00 -0700

To all concerned with the systematics of invertebrates and microorganisms

BioNET-INTERNATIONAL is a Global Technical Cooperation Network of 
institutions and people concerned with biosystematics of Invertebrates and 
Microorganisms. The goal of this network is the mobilisation and enhancement 
the world's biosystematic resources for the benefit of developing countries. 
BioNET-INTERNATIONAL is building and sustaining realistic biosystematic 
self-reliance in developing sub-regions and providing the biosystematic 
backup to biodiversity.

BioNET-INTERNATIONAL is convening a Global Workshop (BIGW, 1995) in Cardiff, 
Wales on 23-26 August 1995 to provide an interface between the providers and 
users of biosystematic information and the donors who fund biosystematic 
projects.

The BIGW will:

* Alert governments, international organisations and donors to the present, 
critical, biosystematic impediment to sustainable agricultural development 
and the wise-use of biodiversity in developing countries, and will recommend 
action to solve the problem.
* Review BioNET-INTERNATIONAL's current role and achievements, its 
objectives, scope and progress, and devise operational and financial 
strategies for its further development.
* Review and inventory the needs of developing country LOOPs and the 
resources on offer to them through developed country LOOPs (BIOCON), and 
devise costed work programmes and structures for donor-funding to deliver 
resources and satisfy needs.

For more information on BioNET-INTERNATIONAL or on BIGW, 1995 please write 
to us at the address above or send an E.Mail message with your postal 
address to CABI- [email-masked].

Yours sincerely

Dr Mark Cook
on behalf of Professor Tecwyn Jones, Director BioNET-INTERNATIONAL Technical 
Secretariat.
_____________________________________________
E.Mail Message from the BioNET-INTERNATIONAL Technical Secretariat
56 Queen's Gate, London, SW7 5JR, U.K. Tel: +44-171-584 0067.
Fax: +44-171-581-0067. E.Mail: [email-masked]
Reference: MAC/BI/284
___________________________________________________________