Subject: Fungicide question

From: [email-masked] (Brian N. Craig)
Date: 30 Sep 1994 16:02:57 -0400

I am interested in clarification of how well two funigicides work in the 
control of the disease Sclerotinia in tobacco crops.

The fungicide zineb and maneb are identical in chemical structure except 
zineb has the element Zn while maneb has the element Mn.  

The question is which of these two fungicides provides the best control of 
Sclerotinia?

What about Mancozeb (zineb + maneb), a fungicide that combines both of these 
elements, would it give the best control?

Neither of these fungicides - zineb or maneb - are systemic fungicides, 
therefore how well will these fungicides control Sclerotinia that invades 
through the plant's roots?  I would say no control.

I would appreciate any resource bibliographies or extension data.

Thanks for your time.

=======================================================================
|          Brian N. Craig            |          Agricultrue           |  
|    [email-masked]        |   Pest Management Consultant   |      
|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|         VOICE: (902) 368-5637      |         P.O. Box 1083          |
|           FAX: (902) 368-5661      |    Cornwall, P.E.I., Canada    |
|                                    |            C0A 1H0             |
=======================================================================