Subject: Clitocybe nuda?

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 1994 14:02:50 -0000

Would you please help me?

I am seeking info on the cultivation of Clitocybe nuda (=Lepista nuda).
I was informed that this species is being raised in the UK.  Would
you be kind enough to "point" me towards sources of information concerning
the cultivation - perhaps even commercially - of this fine fungi?

Let me thank you in advance for any assistance,

Ralph D. Arnold

Ralph D. Arnold  [email-masked]
P.O. Box 889, Oregon City, OR  97045
maintainer of "ON-LINE ACCESS" gopherspace -encouraging internet access  
gopher://gopher.teleport.com/11/users/rarnold

---

From: [email-masked] (Stamets 1)
Date: 9 Nov 1994 15:15:10 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, Richard W. Kerrigan
<[email-masked]> writes:

FYI  - I fruited L. nuda last year in a cold room (40 F.) on sterilized
alder
chips (Alnus rubra) where the light was turned on probably 3 times a week.
I mention this because I was under the impression that microorganisms 
triggered fruitbody production. The bag was hermetically sealed and 
showed no evidence of contamination. Hence, I presume microbes are 
not critical for fructification, n'est pas?

What about the heart-toxin I've heard about? Does anyone have any info.?

paul stamets

---

From: Richard W. Kerrigan <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Nov 1994 08:39:55 -0500

Much domestication and breeding work on C. nuda has been done at INRA 
Bordeaux, Station Champignons, B.P. 81, 33883 Villenave d'Ornon, FRANCE, 
by J. Guinberteau et al.  A forthcoming paper by P. Callac in CJB devotes 
a paragraph to this subject, including citations.  50-80 tons have been 
produced annually in France since 1990.  A hybrid cultivar, FERLAND(r) 
INRA-SOMYCEL is sold by Somycel S.A., Z.I Sud-Route de Tours, 37130 
Langeais, FRANCE.  [Full disclosure: I am associated with Sylvan/Somycel]

Rick Kerrigan  ([email-masked])

*****
Ralph D. Arnold ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Would you please help me?

: I am seeking info on the cultivation of Clitocybe nuda (=Lepista nuda).
: I was informed that this species is being raised in the UK.  Would
: you be kind enough to "point" me towards sources of information concerning
: the cultivation - perhaps even commercially - of this fine fungi?

: Let me thank you in advance for any assistance,

: Ralph D. Arnold

: Ralph D. Arnold  [email-masked]
: P.O. Box 889, Oregon City, OR  97045
: maintainer of "ON-LINE ACCESS" gopherspace -encouraging internet access  
: gopher://gopher.teleport.com/11/users/rarnold