Subject: Postdoc Position Available

From: [email-masked] (Maura J Meade)
Date: 14 Dec 1994 15:53:25 GMT

A USDA postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. R. 
Greg Upchurch in the department of Plant Pathology at North Carolina 
State University.  The successful candidate will conduct research to 
characterize a probable toxin transporter protein that may represent the 
first of a new class of efflux-mediated resistance/pathogenicity 
determinants from filamentous fungi.  Research to date has demonstrated 
that a gene from the soybean pathogen Cercospora kikuchii is integrally 
related with both production of the photoactivated phytotoxin cercosporin 
and for partial auto-resistance tohe toxin.  Research will focus on, but 
is not limited to, mutational analysis to functionally map the protein.  
Epitope tagging will be employed for cellular localization studies.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
 Working knowledge of:1) molecular biology, including gene cloning, DNA 
sequencing, measurement of gene expression, PCR, and deletion and 
site-directed mutagenesis and 2) fungal physiology and genetics.  
Preference will be given to those who in addition have experience in 
protein biochemistry, epitope tagging, and immunofluorescence microscopy.

I am a Ph.D. student in Dr. Upchurch's lab and am posting this position 
listing on his behalf.  Inquiries made to my email address will be passed 
on to him.  Otherwise, applications may be submitted to:
		Dr. Robert G. Upchurch, USDA?ARS
		Plant Pathology Department
		N.C. State University
		Box 7616
		Raleigh, NC 27695-7616

		Phone: (919)5156820
		Fax: (919)515-7716