Subject: Mycology bb split

From: [email-masked] (Don Reynolds)
Date: 24 Aug 1994 06:17:48 -0700

The mix of mycological experience in one bulletin board is interesting. The
traffic is modest. A good brief title allows editing of the messages.
So far the thrust seems to be quests for expertise or literature assist
from professional and student mycologists and mushrooming results in
local areas.

There is no philosohical discussion nor debate as of yet. Maybe
the professional meetings and journals continue to fill this need.

I agree with previous respondants on one matter. Information about the
originator of the message other than what is in the usual email 
transmittal protocol makes a response easier.
-- 

[email-masked]
Don R. Reynolds                     Telephone 213 744 3232
Research and Collections            FAX 213 744 3482 or 213 746 2999
Natural History Museum
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90007

---

From: [email-masked] (scott gold)
Date: 24 Aug 1994 10:29:16 -0700

I just wanted to place my 2 cents with the comments of D. Reynolds below.
Scott Gold

>transmittal protocol makes a response easier.

                                Scott Gold
                                C/O Dr. Martin Yanofsky
                                Department of Biology
                                University of California, San Diego
                                La Jolla, CA 92093-0116
                                U.S.A.
                                Phone: (619) 534-7298,
                                FAX (619) 534-7108 
                                e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lionel Benhamou)
Date: 25 Aug 1994 00:10:31 GMT

I agree with those people who think that this newsgroup should not be split
yet.
I have a lot of interest to read some scientifics texts and a lot of pleasure
to read what sort of mushrooms are found in other countries.
Is there french mycologist around here ?

A bientot.
Lionel
[email-masked]

==========================================================================
 TechnoLink - FC Server - France    |  Renseignements :  [email-masked]
       (33-1) 49 83 86 49           |  Fax            :(33-1) 49 83 81 17
==========================================================================