Subject: help:extraction of hyphae

From: [email-masked] (Keitaro Tawaraya)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 21:56:43 +0000

I am now measuring the hyphal growth of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on
sand medium. Hyphae tightly adhere to sand so extraction of hyphae is
unsuccessful.
Dose anybody have any information about the separation of hyphae from sand
(enzymatically, chemically) ?
Can anybody tell me the mechanisms of adhesion ?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- 
Keitaro Tawaraya
Yamagata University
E-mail:[email-masked]
Phone:0235-23-1521(2402) Fax:0235-24-1801

---

From: Richard W. Kerrigan <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Nov 1994 08:50:13 -0500

You may want to write to Dr. Ian K. Ross, Dept. of Biological Sciences, 
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA  93106.  His son, Keith, 
wrote a masters thesis in the Geology Dept. there, on etching of glass 
and sand crystals by fungal hyphae.  The year was probably 1988.  Good luck!

Rick Kerrigan ([email-masked])

Keitaro Tawaraya ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I am now measuring the hyphal growth of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on
: sand medium. Hyphae tightly adhere to sand so extraction of hyphae is
: unsuccessful.
: Dose anybody have any information about the separation of hyphae from sand
: (enzymatically, chemically) ?
: Can anybody tell me the mechanisms of adhesion ?

: Any help would be appreciated.

: -- 
: Keitaro Tawaraya
: Yamagata University
: E-mail:[email-masked]
: Phone:0235-23-1521(2402) Fax:0235-24-1801