Subject: Any ideas for fungal biology pracs - lichens, mycorrhiza?

From: [email-masked] (Michelle Dale -Botany)
Date: 2 Nov 1994 22:37:48 GMT

I'm teaching fungal biology next year and am interested in introducing some 
practical sessions on lichens and mycorrhiza.  I'd appreciate any ideas
people might have on simple practical exercises I could get the students to 
do in a 3-hour practical.  I've had a look in the library but wasn't very
inspired!

Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
Michele

[email-masked]

---

From: Judy H. Niehaus <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Nov 1994 00:06:25 GMT

Any ideas for fungal biology pracs - lichens, mycorrhiza?

We have separated the fungal and algal components of lichens and grown
them in pure culture in my nonvascular plants classes.  If you are
interested in the protocol, please contact Judy Niehaus,
[email-masked].