Subject: Candida rugosa isolated

From: [email-masked] (maria yudlowitz)
Date: 28 Nov 1994 22:50:17 GMT

We recently isolated in our clinical mycology lab a Candida Rugosa.
The source was a nail.
Anyone have experience with this species?
Is it an uncommon isolate from this site?
Is it's recovery significant?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Hazen)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 22:42:53 GMT

Candida rugosa has been isolated from a variety of sites.
Several reviews that mention this organism are available in the
literature. Some case reports, primarily dealing with catheter
associated infections, are also available. (see J. Clin.
Microbiol. 22:1056, 1985: Cancer 56;318, 1985: Clin Infect. Dis
18;77, 1994)
If you happen to perform susceptibilities on the organism, I
would be interested in the results. 
--