Subject: PFGE of mtDNA

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Oct 1994 08:49:40 -0700

Dear Gina,

       In response to your inquiry about PFGE of mtDNA, you might
find the following references helpful.
 
Fukuhara H, Sor F, Drissi R, Dinouel N, Miyakawa I, Rousset S,
Viola A-M (1993) Linear mitochondrial DNAs of yeasts:  Frequency of
occurrence and general features. Mol Cell Biol 13:2309-2314  

Han Z, Stachow C (1994) Analysis of Schizosaccharomyces pombe
mitochondrial DNA replication by two dimensional gel
electrophoresis. Chromosoma 103:162-170  

Maleszka R (1993) Single stranded regions in yeast mitochondrial
DNA revealed by pulsed field electrophoresis. App Theor Electroph
3:259-263
 
Maleszka R (1992) Electrophoretic profiles of mitochondrial
plasmids in Neurospora suggest they replicate by a rolling circle
mechanism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 186:1669-1673  
 
Maleszka R, Clark-Walker GD (1992) In vivo conformation of
mitochondrial DNA in fungi and zoosporic moulds. Curr Genet
22:341-344  

Maleszka R, Skelly PJ, Clark-Walker GD (1991) Rolling circle
replication of DNA in yeast mitochondria. J EMBO 10:3923-3929

Sincerely,
Frank Martin