Subject: postdoc available, molecular genetics, U California-Riverside

From: [email-masked] (Howard Judelson)
Date: 17 Nov 1994 11:53:20 -0800

Postdoctoral position
              Molecular genetics of Phytophthora infestans 
                  University of California-Riverside

A postdoctoral position is available to study the molecular genetics of
mating type in Phytophthora infestans.  The position is available for 2-3
years, with a possibility of renewal.

P. infestans is a diploid, oomycete fungus with with two mating types
(sexual compatibility types).  Genetic analysis has shown that a single
locus determines mating type.  DNA markers flanking the locus have been
obtained which will be used to clone the locus by chromosome walking.

Projects available include the cloning and analysis of mating type loci,
the construction of mutants, and the identification of genes regulated
during mating.  These projects involve chromosome walking, genetic and
physical mapping, differential cDNA cloning, gene analysis, fungal
transformation, etc.  There may also be opportunities to participate in
other projects in the laboratory related to plant-pathogen interactions.

Motivated candidates experienced in molecular biology or genetics are
encouraged to apply.  Please send a cv, statement of research experience,
and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to:

Howard Judelson, Department of Plant Pathology, University of California,
Riverside CA 92521; Fax: 909-787-4294; Email: [email-masked]