Subject: Leptosphaeria maculans on Arabidopsis

From: [email-masked] (Larry Ilag)
Date: 28 Sep 1994 13:04:28 GMT

Does anyone know of research articles documenting Leptosphaeria maculans 
(Phoma lingam; causal agent of blackleg) infection on Arabidopsis thaliana?
Thanks in advance.

Larry Ilag

---

From: [email-masked] (Seanna Annis)
Date: 8 Oct 1994 01:53:43 GMT

Larry Ilag ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Does anyone know of research articles documenting Leptosphaeria maculans 
: (Phoma lingam; causal agent of blackleg) infection on Arabidopsis thaliana?
: Thanks in advance.

: Larry Ilag

I am working on this fungus for my PhD.  I have never heard of it 
naturally or artifically attacking Arabidopsis.  I suggest getting a few 
highly virulent cultures and try it.  It may work, I don't know off the 
top of my head how close Arabidopsis is to Crucifers.
Dr. Paul Williams, at Michigan State University has a large collection of 
isolates, and if this host-pathogen interaction has ever been tried he 
might know.   Good luck Seanna [email-masked]