Subject: Asilomar program?

From: [email-masked] (Lisa Vaillancourt)
Date: 23 Aug 1994 18:37:06 -0700

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me when the registration and program will be sent out for
the Asilomar conference next March?  How do I get one?  Thanks so much!  

P.S. Regarding the discussion about splitting the mycology newsgroup into
two groups, one "recreational" and one "scientific" (could science also be
recreational!?!): I think it would be fine to leave the group as it is.
When I have a little free time, I enjoy reading about the different
mushrooms folks find on their forays, although I am too timid yet to eat
most of those I identify in the wild!  So until the volume becomes a
problem, I vote to leave it alone.  At the same time, I would like to read
more from my professional colleagues in this group, even chatty stuff about
the latest weird result.  Is it that people don't want to appear
unprofessional by communicating preliminary or unexplained data?   

P.S.S.  Some time back, I posted to this group asking about Novozyme. 
Thanks to all those who wrote with advice.  The final result of the
investigation is that there is something in the current batch of Novozyme
that doesn't agree with Schizophyllum, although it appears to be fine for
other fungi.  I am now using a USB product called Mureinase that works very
well for us.

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Weiss)
Date: 24 Aug 1994 08:16:59 -0700

The Eighteenth Fungal Genetics Conference will be March 21-28, 1995.  Information will be included in the mailing of the Fungal Genetics Newsletter.  Those who  do not subscribe to the newsletter can obtain information and forms from me.  
Please send your name and address and I will mail all the available information.

Dick Weiss
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
UCLA
405 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA  90024-1569
Tel. (310) 825-3621
FAX (310) 206-4038
Email [email-masked] or 
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Brett Tyler)
Date: 24 Aug 1994 09:24:12 -0700

>the Asilomar conference next March?  How do I get one?  Thanks so much!  

If you are on the mailing list for the Fungal Genetics Newsletter and/or
have attended the conference in the past, you should automatically receive
the registration and program with the next Newsletter, which should be sent
out soon.  If you think you are not on the mailing list, you can contact
Craig Wilson at the Fungal Genetcs Stock Center ([email-masked])
to get on the list.

****************
Brett Tyler
Professor
[email-masked]
****************