Subject: Hypoxlyon - Biscogniauxia

From: [email-masked] (Gerald Bills)
Date: 7 Dec 1994 06:06:32 -0800

Subject:  Hypoxlyon - Biscogniauxia
------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues:

Recently I learned, I believe at IMC5, that the majority of J.H. Miller's
"applanate Hypoxylons", e.g. H. microplacum, H. tinctor, H. punctatum, H.
atropunctatum, etc., have been segregated into the genus Biscogniauxia over
the last decade or so.

Have these fungi been transferred to Biscogniauxia? Could someone tell me
where these new combinations were published? Is there a comprehensive
treatment of Biscogniauxia outside of Europe, particulary in reference to
North and South American species? (I have seen Petrini's & Mueller's 1986 and
Granmo et al.'s 1989 treatments of European taxa).

Thanks a lot.

Gerald Bills
Microbial Biochemistry and Process Research
Merck Research Laboratories
P.O. Box 2000 / R80Y-125
Rahway, New Jersey, 07065-0900, USA
Phone 908-594-3491; Fax 908-594-5468
internet [email-masked]