Subject: Scholarships Available

From: [email-masked] (Rose Flaherty [contractor thru 11/94 x8896])
Date: 4 Nov 1994 23:49:43 GMT

Scholarships Available from
        The Mycological Society of San Francisco

To honor the memory of Esther Colton Whited and the ever-
present counsel of Dr. Harry Thiers, The MSSF offers
scholarships to outstanding students of mycology who are
attending institutions of higher learning in northern California.
Interested applicants should be advised that the scholarship
committee prefers candidates at the graduate level doing
research in agaricology. The following conditions are imposed:

1. Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must be
>from  a professor of mycology.
2. Submit a description of your research project.
3. Agree to give a presentation at a general membership meeting
of the MSSF.

The deadline for applicants is December 1, 1994. Send all
documents to: Scholarship Committee, Attention Robert Mackler,
157 Mesa Ct., Hercules, CA 94547-1451