Subject: tuber melanosporum odour analyzed??

From: [email-masked] (Chris)
Date: 6 Feb 1996 02:29:59 GMT

Does anyone know of any attempts of analyzing chemically the typical 
flavours of T. melanosporum? Or even synthesizing the "truffle essence" ?

Any literature refs (or info available on the net) are more than welcome.

Chris Poirot

---

From: [email-masked] (Regis.Courtecuisse)
Date: 9 Feb 1996 11:22:29 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>flavours of T. melanosporum? Or even synthesizing the "truffle essence" 

Hi !

Some french researchers did the job. I don't have the reference at hand 
right now, but the team leader was Thierry TALOU, working if I remember 
well in Toulouse. Artificial fragrance is also actual I think.
Probably people at the INRA Mushroom Research Station would reply to you 
more efficiently.
I don't have electronic address but the FAX is (33).56.84.31.78.

Hope this helps.
Sincerely.

		regis