Subject: POST-DOC POSITION AVAILABLE

From: [email-masked] ("Ralph Dean")
Date: 29 Sep 93 02:53:25 GMT

Subject:                              Time:  9:52 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         POST-DOC POSITION AVAILABLE           Date:  9/28/93
POST-DOCTORAL POSITION, FUNGAL PHYTOPATHOGENESIS.

 	A position is available immediately to join a team studying fungal infection
mechanisms of plants.  Research for this project focuses on the underlying
mechanisms regulating infection structure (appressorium) formation by the
phytopathogenic fungus Magnaporthe grisea.  Possible projects include DNA
complementation of appressorium-deficient mutants, defining function of
appressoria specific genes and characterization of underlying signal
transduction pathways.  cAMP has recently been shown to play an important role
in the induction of appressoria (Lee & Dean, Plant Cell 1993, 5:693-700).  A
Ph.D. in microbiology, plant pathology or related biological science is
required.  Experience in molecular biology is preferred.  Appointment is for as
minimum of 2 years, with a possible extension for one year.  

	Further information is available upon request.  To apply please send resume,
transcripts and three letters of recommendation to: Dr. Ralph A. Dean,
Department of Plant Pathology and Physiology, 120 Long Hall, Clemson
University, Clemson, SC 29634; 803-656-5737.  Position closes November 17,
1993, or when a suitable candidate is found.  Clemson University is an equal
opportunity, affirmative action employer.