Subject: jobs for mycologists: Environmental Microbiology

From: [email-masked] (Rytas Vilgalys)
Date: 14 Oct 93 20:42:11 GMT

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGIST

The Department of Environmental, Population and Organismic Biology invites
applications for a tenure-track faculty position in environmental
microbiology.  Preference will be given to candidates at the assistant
professor level, but all levels will be considered. Applicants are sought
with research interests in the ecology or environmental significance of
bacteria and/or fungi. Areas of special interest include symbioses,
biogeochemical cycling and molecular ecology. Development of a strong
teaching program in microbiology at the graduate and undergraduate level
will be required.
Send a curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interests and
names and addresses of 4 references to: Steven K. Schmidt, search committee
chair, Dept. of Environmental, Population and Organismic Biology, 
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309-0334.  Applications should
be postmarked no later than 1 December 1993. 
The University of Colorado has a strong commitment to the principle of
diversitv. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving
applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, members of
ethnic minorities and disabled individuals.

from: Rytas Vilgalys
      Dept of Botany
      Duke University
      Durham NC 27708-0338
phone:919-684-2870
fax:  919-684-5412