Subject: Re: mushrooms/hist/cuisine

From: [email-masked] (Art Goodtimes)
Date: 7 Oct 93 17:01:47 GMT

On 28 Sep 1993, Otto Lang wrote:

> 
>  subject: The role of mushrooms in culture & cuisine throughout history.
>  
> For a student of gastronomy, who is preparing to write a paper
> on the subject, what is recommended reading?
>  
> Thank you
> -- 
> Otto Lang, Mycological Society of Toronto <[email-masked]> Fidonet 1:250/102
> 

Otto:

Dr. Andrew Weil leads the mushroom cookery section of the annual Telluride
Mushroom Festival and would be a good person to contact. He lives in
Tucson and works at the university there. The San Francisco Mycological
Society published a fine cookbook a dozen or so years ago, and might be a
good place to contact as well.

Good luck.