Subject: postdoc fellowships: Duke University

From: [email-masked] (Rytas Vilgalys)
Date: 14 Oct 93 20:41:17 GMT

ANNOUNCEMENT

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS
IN PLANT SYSTEMATICS

THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
DUKE UNIVERSITY

        THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY OF DUKE UNIVERSITY IS ALSO PLEASED TO
ANNOUNCE THE AVAILABILITY OF POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN PLANT SYSTEMATICS
MADE POSSIBLE BY A GRANT FROM THE A.W. MELLON FOUNDATION.  APPLICANTS MAY
PROPOSE STUDIES ON ANY PLANT GROUP (OR ACROSS PLANT GROUPS) INCLUDING
ALGAE, FUNGI, LICHENS, BRYOPHYTES, AND VASCULAR PLANTS.  THESE PRESTIGIOUS
AWARDS INCLUDE STIPENDS AND MEDICAL BENEFITS.  SEPARATE FUNDS ARE ALSO
AVAILABLE FOR RESEARCH TRAVEL AND LABORATORY SUPPLIES.
        APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE AND A BRIEF
PROPOSAL (5-10 PAGES) TO THE DEPARTMENT CHAIRMAN DETAILING THEIR RESEARCH
PLANS AND CHOICE OF FACULTY SPONSOR.  THE DEADLINE FOR  POSTDOCTORAL
APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 31, 1993.  FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, APPLICANTS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THE FACULTY LISTED BELOW AT THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY,
BOX 90338, DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM, NC  27708-0338  (PHONE 919-684-3715, 
FAX 919-684-5412).

SYSTEMATICS FACULTY IN THE BOTANY DEPARTMENT
Dr. Bruce G. Baldwin, Flowering plants  
Dr. Chicita F. Culberson, Lichens               
Dr. William Louis Culberson, Lichens            
Dr. Richard B. Searles, Algae                   
Dr. Donald E. Stone, Flowering plants
Dr. Richard A. White, Ferns
Dr. Robert L. Wilbur, Flowering plants
Dr. Rytas Vilgalys, Fungi

from: Rytas Vilgalys
      Dept of Botany
      Duke University
      Durham NC 27708-0338
phone:919-684-2870
fax:  919-684-5412