Subject: Graduate fellowships: Duke University

From: [email-masked] (Rytas Vilgalys)
Date: 14 Oct 93 20:40:30 GMT

GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS
IN PLANT SYSTEMATICS

THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
DUKE UNIVERSITY

        THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY OF DUKE UNIVERSITY IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
THE AVAILABILITY OF GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS IN PLANT SYSTEMATICS.  THESE
FELLOWSHIPS HAVE BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY A GRANT FROM THE A.W. MELLON
FOUNDATION.  APPLICANTS MAY PURSUE PH.D. STUDIES ON ANY PLANT GROUP (OR
ACROSS PLANT GROUPS) INCLUDING ALGAE, FUNGI, LICHENS, BRYOPHYTES, AND
VASCULAR PLANTS.  THESE PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS INCLUDE TUITION, STIPENDS AND
MEDICAL BENEFITS.  SEPARATE FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE, ON APPLICATION, FOR
RESEARCH TRAVEL AND LABORATORY SUPPLIES.
        ALL APPLICANTS FOR THE PH.D. DEGREE IN BOTANY AT DUKE UNIVERSITY
WILL BE CONSIDERED AUTOMATICALLY FOR THESE FELLOWSHIPS IF THEIR
APPLICATIONS INDICATE PLANS TO STUDY SYSTEMATICS.  APPLICATIONS MAY BE
OBTAINED BY WRITING TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL, DUKE UNIVERSITY, BOX 90070,
DURHAM, NC  27708-0070.  THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 31,
1993.  ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THE FACULTY LISTED
BELOW AT THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY, BOX 90338, DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM, NC 
27708-0338, OR THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY, THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION-NMNH,
WASHINGTON, DC  20560

REGULAR DURHAM FACULTY
Dr. Bruce G. Baldwin, Flowering plants  
Dr. Chicita F. Culberson, Lichens               
Dr. William Louis Culberson, Lichens            
Dr. Richard B. Searles, Algae                   
Dr. Donald E. Stone, Flowering plants
Dr. Richard A. White, Ferns
Dr. Robert L. Wilbur, Flowering plants
Dr. Rytas Vilgalys, Fungi

ADJUNCT SMITHSONIAN FACULTY
Dr. V.A. Funk, Flowering plants         
Dr. W. John Kress, Flowering plants             
Dr. Warren L. Wagner, Flowering plants
Dr. Elizabeth A. Zimmer, Flowering plants

from: Rytas Vilgalys
      Dept of Botany
      Duke University
      Durham NC 27708-0338
phone:919-684-2870
fax:  919-684-5412