Subject: Does anyone know what/who MYCONET is?

From: [email-masked] (Nathan J. Wilson)
Date: 16 Sep 1993 05:37:07 GMT

Our local fungus group just got a subscription notice for what looks
like a new BBS called MYCONET.  The weird thing is that it is
apparently being run out of Campbell, Ca (which I pass on my way to
work), but I have no idea who is setting it up.  The subscription
notice is a little weird in that it has no human names, and says that
a modest subscription fee would be required, but doesn't say what the
amount is.

Any clues?
   -------------------------    _________
         Nathan Wilson         <_________>
      [email-masked]          |_|        It is no dream!
      Co-Science Advisor          /___\    Matsutake are growing
   Minister of Local Forays        | |        On the belly of the mountain.
Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz    \_/ *83--                -Shigetaka

---

From: [email-masked] (Christian Smith)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 23:34:54 GMT

Nathan J. Wilson ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Our local fungus group just got a subscription notice for what looks
: like a new BBS called MYCONET.  The weird thing is that it is
: apparently being run out of Campbell, Ca (which I pass on my way to
: work), but I have no idea who is setting it up.  The subscription
: notice is a little weird in that it has no human names, and says that
: a modest subscription fee would be required, but doesn't say what the
: amount is.

: Any clues?

Weird, a BBS devoted to saprophytes?  Even weirder the people who set it
up?  Of course.  I should know since I am one of them.  My name is 
Christian and if you dial in to Myconet at (408)866-9247 you can find
out all about Myconet and the people who put it together.  Please take
a moment to tell us about yourself in the introductions conference
while you are on.  Salud.

                     Christian