Subject: mushrooms/hist/cuisine

From: [email-masked] (Otto Lang)
Date: 28 Sep 1993 12:47:24 GMT

subject: The role of mushrooms in culture & cuisine throughout history.
 
For a student of gastronomy, who is preparing to write a paper
on the subject, what is recommended reading?
 
Thank you
-- 
Otto Lang, Mycological Society of Toronto <[email-masked]> Fidonet 1:250/102

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Veselenak)
Date: 29 Sep 1993 13:53:48 GMT

> on the subject, what is recommended reading?

There is a nice chapter dealing with this subject in "The Romance of the
Fungus World" by Rolfe and Rolfe, Dover Publications, Inc. ISBN
0-486-23105-4.  This is a 1974 reprint of the 1925 book.

Hope this helps.
--
   ___________________________________________________________________
  |                              |                                    |
  |        Jim Veselenak         | There are old mushroom hunters     |
  |   Sangamon State University  |   There are bold mushroom hunters  |
  |  [email-masked] |     But there are no old, bold     |
  |        217-786-7346          |        mushroom hunters!           |
  |______________________________|____________________________________|