Subject: 5th International Mycology Congress (IMC5)

From: [email-masked] (Tony Griffiths)
Date: 6 Jan 1994 01:51:20 -0000

REGISTRATION FOR THE FIFTH INTERNATIONAL MYCOLOGICAL CONGRESS (IMC5), to be
held August 14-21 (1994) in Vancouver, Canada.
        Packages with the call for abstracts and registration/accomodation
forms have been mailed to approximately 10,000 individuals all over the
world. The mailing list was created from various mycological societies,
previous congress delegate lists, letters of inquiry, etc. If you were on
such lists, the package should have reached you by now. If you do not have
a package, but would like one, please contact me by e-mail. My address is
[email-masked]
        IMC5 will be a comprehensive review of the state of the discipline
of mycology. Nearly 100 symposia will cover the entire range of mycological
research. Registration (if received before the end of February) will be 450
Canadian dollars (students $350). One Canadian dollar is the equivalent of
0.75 US dollars at present exchange rates, making this one of the 'best
buys' of all international congresses in science. Furthermore, accomodation
will be on campus and a single room with shared bathroom will be only $32
per night. The registration fee will also include a copy of the Congress
Proceedings, to be published as a special issue of the Canadian Journal of
Botany.
        If you email me, make sure you include your postal address.
        Sincerely, Tony Griffiths, IMC5 Secretary-General.