Subject: IMC-5 & Agaricus

From: Joost Backus <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Feb 1994 08:00:39 -0000

Hi

FYI
I forward herewith  the preliminary program for the IMC-5 Symposium  
"Genetic Elements in Agaricus bisporus"

For more info contact: <[email-masked]>

As you will see in the forwarded message there is a session titled:
"Mitochondria in a wild collection of the white button
mushroom Agaricus bisporus". A.S.M. Sonnenberg. Mushroom Experimental  
Station, Horst, TheNetherlands.

That's why there was a recent question about wild samples of Agaricus  
Bisporus.

Mushroom Experimental Station
Joost Backus
P.B. 6042
5960 AA Horst
The Netherlands
FAX (31)-(0)4764-1567
Voice (31)-(0)4764-1944

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Paul A. Horgen" <[email-masked]>

Dear Joost,

Here is the program for my symposium at IMC5.  The papers most likely will  
be given over a two day period with papers dealing with nuclear genetic  
elements on one day and those papers dealing with mitochondria and viruses  
on the second day.

Best wishes,  Paul Horgen

Contributed Symposium

"Genetic Elements in Agaricus bisporus"   Organizer P. Horgen, University  
of Toronto

Genes and Enzymes for Lignocellulosis in Agaricus bisporus   Chris  
Thurston  Kings College, University of London, U. K.

Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Agaricus bisporus  David  
Wood Horticulture Research International U.K.

Effects of haploid selection on Recombination Frequency in Agaricus  
bisporus      Eric Legg    Monterey Mushroom

Biological Significance of Extrinsic RNA Genetic Elements 

C. Peter Romaine, Penn State University

Plasmid-Homologous Mitochondrial Sequences in the genus Agaricus
Mary M. Robison  and P. A. Horgen, Centre for Plant Biotechnology,  
University of Toronto

Strategies for cloning of "household" genes of Agaricus
bisporus"  P.J. Schaap. University of Wageningen, Wageningen, The  
Netherlands.

"Mitochondria in a wild collection of the white button
mushroom Agaricus bisporus". A.S.M. Sonnenberg. Mushroom Experimental  
Station, Horst, The
Netherlands.

"Molecular analysis of the 34 nm virus of Agaricus bisporus"  Ted R. van  
der Lende  University of Groningen, the Netherlands

"The use of GPD sequences of Agaricus bisporus   in transformation  
experiments"  Frank H. J. Schuren  University of Groningen, the  
Netherlands

"Genetic elements involved in strain instability of the cultivated U1 of  
Agaricus bisporus"   P. A. Horgen, Aimin Li, and Christine Bowden,  
University of Toronto