Subject: Mycological Discussion Groups

From: [email-masked] (Christian Smith)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 22:55:04 GMT

MYCONET currently "serves" three Internet mailing lists. To get the most 
recent list of lists, to request other information, or to suggest new mailing
list topics, please send email to: [email-masked]

MEDLIST This mailing list is concerned with discussing the medicinal uses of
fungi. Mycologists (Professional and amateur) and medical researchers are
encouraged to participate. 

Subscription address: [email-masked]
Posting address:      [email-masked]

EDULIST  This mailing list is concerned with educational applications of
fungi, particularly as demonstrations in classroom projects. Educators 
(all levels) and parents are encouraged to participate. 

Subscription address: [email-masked]
Posting address:      [email-masked]

DBLIST This mailing list discusses the development of mycological databases.
Mycologists (professional and amateur) with experience or an interest in
computer programming are encouraged to participate. This mailing list may also
be useful to mycologists who are unfamiliar with computer technology but are
interested in the potential (and constraints) of database development.

Subscription address: [email-masked] 
Posting address:      [email-masked]

TO GET ON A LIST 
1) Send a message addressed to the Subscription address.
2) Include the word "join" in text of the message.

TO GET OFF A LIST
1) Send a message addressed to the Subscription address.
2) Include the word "remove" in text of the message.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE LIST 
1) Send a message addressed to the Posting address 
2) Do not use this address to get on or off a list!!!!

TO CATCH UP ON PREVIOUS MESSAGES 
Each mailing list corresponds to a conference on MYCONET, 
which is available at no charge via direct dial-up at (408)866-9247. 
At this time telnet is not available. FTPmail is available but we
have not figured out how to best set that up. If you have any suggestions,
please contact: [email-masked]

ions,
please contact: [email-masked]