Subject: How to arrest cell growth/metabolism w/out changing morphology?

From: [email-masked] (Mark Marten)
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1993 21:23:14 GMT

I am working with a strain of Trichoderma reesei which produces 
large quantities of cellulase. I am interested in the rheology of
these suspensions and how cell concentration and morphology effects
rheology. 

Does anyone know of a way to arrest both growth and metabolism
while not effecting mycelial morphology? I would like to take samples 
from fermentations and analyze the rheology of these samples at a later
time.
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark R. Marten       
Chemical Engineering
North Carolina State Univesity
Raleigh, NC 27695-7905
(919) 515-7176	
Internet: [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------