Subject: pre-doctoral fellowships available

From: [email-masked] (Mark Hughes)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 15:50:00 GMT

The Departments of Plant Pathology and Plant Biological Sciences at the 
University of Minnesota have USDA National Needs Fellowships available
to provide yearly stipends of 17,000 (plus the possibility of tuition
remission for three years) to highly qualified students.

The Graduate Program in the Department of Plant Pathology is directed
towards increasing resistance to fungal diseases in temperate cereals
through genetic engineering.  The Graduate Program in Plant Biological
Sciences is more general in nature and includes a variety of plant
biotechnology areas.

For more information on these two Graduate Programs at the University
of Minnesota contact:

		Professor Richard J. Zeyen
		Department of Plant Pathology
		University of Minnesota
		495 Borlaug Hall
		1991 Upper Buford Circle
		St Paul, MN  55108

		[email-masked]