Subject: Unusual hyphal branching

From: Richard Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 02:01:30 GMT

we have observed unusual hyphal branching within the host of Acremonium
lolii (an endophyte of ryegrass)  isolates which show variant growth
forms when grown in culture. This frequent branching, with odd
pertuberances is not observed in the parental strain which gave rise to
these variants. 

Has anyone observed a change in any plant/fungus interaction where the
fungal hyphae are either branching more than normal or they show odd
pertuberances.

thankyou,
                  Rich.

---

From: [email-masked] (Sandy Silverman)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 21:27:37 GMT

This could be a cell wall defect, perhaps glucan or chitin synthesis.
I can give you refs. if you would like to measure enzyme.
--
Sanford Silverman                      >Opinions expressed here are my own<
American Cyanamid  
[email-masked], [email-masked]     "Yeast is Best"