Subject: Subscription information
From: [email-masked] (Robert Brambl)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 18:25:43 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

Greetings, all:

Several people have asked recently to have their names removed from the  
subscription list, usually because they prefer to read these  
communications through a NewsReader rather than having their mailboxes  
cluttered. A number of others have asked to have their names added to this  
e-mail subscription list.

The Bionet server in the US (only) has an automated system for subscribing  
and unsubscribing to their newsgroups through which their server will  
extract your address from your subscription message and add or remove your  
name. The Daresbury server is manually tended. The following procedures  
should work, depending upon where you live:

If you are located in Europe, Africa, or Central Asia, please contact 
[email-masked] and request a subscription to MYCOLOGY.

If you are located in the Americas or the Pacific Rim, log in to the
computer account in which you would like to receive mail (not an
account that you use infrequently) and send a mail message to the
Internet address

[email-masked]

Leave the Subject: line of the message blank and enter the following
line into the body of the mail message:

subscribe mycology

This message will be automatically read by their computer and your
e-mail address will be extracted from the mail header and added to the
list.

TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, the following should work:

If you are located in the Americas or Pacific Rim countries, address a
mail message to the Internet address

[email-masked]

and leave the Subject: line blank.  In the body of the message include
the line:

unsubscribe mycology

Their server will automatically remove you from the list if the address
on your mail header matches the address on their list (in case of
mismatches, the managers will be notified automatically of the problem and  
will remove you manually usually within a few hours).

If you are located in Europe, Africa, or Central Asia, please send
mail to [email-masked] and request that your subscription to
MYCOLOGY be canceled.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM:
----------------------
Please send a message to one of the following addresses depending upon
your location

Address                              Location
-------                              --------
[email-masked]               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
[email-masked]              Americas and the Pacific Rim

and someone on the staff will help you.