Subject: Antibiotics/antifungal qn
From: [email-masked] (Teng-Chun Lee)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 17:21:11 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

[ Article crossposted from sci.med ]
[ Author was Teng-Chun Lee ]
[ Posted on Fri, 29 Apr 1994 05:35:11 GMT ]

I am currently doing a research project on antibiotics useful in
treating human fungal diseases and I came across a problem
distinguishing between the terms antibiotics and antifungal agents. Can
I safely assume that antifungal agents are synonymous with antibiotics
used in treating fungal diseases?
According to a medical dictionary definition, antibiotics are chemical
substances produced by a microorganism. Therefore, I would like to know
whether I can include azoles and other synthetic drugs in my study.
            
I would appreciate it very much if someone in this field can help me
shed some light on this question. Thank you very much.
X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.1 PL8]

Sincerely,
Teng