Subject: USDA Post-doctorate Position
From: [email-masked] ("ROBERT LUMSDEN")
Date: 6 May 1994 09:39:32 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

The following two postdoctorate positions will be available in
the Biocontrol of Plant Diseases Laboratory, USDA/ARS,
Beltsville Agricultural Research Center-West, Beltsville,
Maryland.

I would appreciate your notifying eligible Ph.D. candidates
who will be completing their degree requirements in the next
2-3 months of the availability of these positions.  Others who
are qualified may also apply.

  1.  Research Plant Pathologist - ARS is seeking a temporary
      full-time Plant Pathologist (Appointment not to exceed 2
      yrs.) to develop a program on biological control seed
      treatment technology to protect corn seed against
      soilborne plant pathogens.

      Candidate must have a Ph.D. degree.  Salary is $35,045. 

  
  2.  Research Microbial Molecular Biologist - ARS is seeking
      a temporary full-time Microbial Molecular Biologist
      (fungi) to develop a program on molecular biology of
      fungal biological control agents.  Experience in
      molecular techniques for fungi such as PCR, RFLP, gene
      cloning, and transformation, etc. desired.

      Candidate must have a Ph.D. degree.  Salary $35,045 -
      $42,003 or commensurate with research experience and
      accomplishments.

      Applications for both positions must be received by May
      16, 1994.

For information on the research program and/or positions,
contact and send applications to: Dr. Robert D. Lumsden, USDA,
ARS, Biocontrol of Plant Diseases Laboratory, Bldg. 011A Rm
275, BARC-West, Beltsville, MD  20705-2350, tel. 301-504-5682,
FAX 301-504-5968.  For information on application
procedures/forms contact Roberta Saah, tel. 301-344-2949.  ARS
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  Applicants should submit
SF-171, resume and transcripts.