Subject: INT. SYMP. ECTOMYCORRHIZAE
From: "Stefano Ventura" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 May 1994 10:16:24 +0100
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

I'm posting this announce on behalf of the organizers of the Symposium.
Please refer to them for any request.
Thanks,

Stefano Ventura

INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON 
BIOTECHNOLOGY OF ECTOMYCORRHIZAE:MOLECULAR APPROACHES 
URBINO (Italy) - November 10-11, 1994 

SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE 

Sandro Pontremoli (Chairman), Paola Bonfante, Maurizio 
Iaccarino, Marco Nuti, Francesco Salamini, Marcello  
Siniscalco, Vilberto Stocchi, Glauco Tocchini-Valentini, Angelo 
Viotti 

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM 

The two day scientific program consists of oral, poster and 
discussion sessions. The scientific program will focus on  
five main topics: 

      -Ectomycorrhizal  fungi: ecology and taxonomy 
      -Towards an identification of ectomycorrhizal fungi 
      -Functioning  mycorrhizae: molecular approaches 
      -The genetic basis of fungal development 
      -Towards a truffle biotechnology: molecular approaches 

INVITED SPEAKERS 

Gerard Chevalier (France), Monique Gardes (U.S.A.), Silvio 
Gianinazzi (France), Pino Macino (Italy), Roland  
Marmeisse (France), Francis Martin (France), Robert L. Metzenberg 
(U.S.A.), Giovanni Pacioni (Italy), David Read  
(U.K.), Luc Simon (Canada), Sally Smith (Australia), Jim Trappe 
(U.S.A.) 

CALL FOR PAPERS 

You are cordially invited to submit an abstract describing 
original research in any of the above or related areas. 
The deadline for submission of abstracts has been set for June 
15, 1994.  Please find enclosed the instructions for  
typing abstracts.  

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE 

The registration fee of Italian Lit. 400,000 will cover    
attendance at all scientific sessions and social events; lunch,  
dinner and coffee breaks; a copy of the program and abstract book. 
The fee for accompanying non-participants will be of Italian 
Lit. 300,000, covering meals and social events. 
The registration fee should be deposited by bank transfer 
directly on the Symposium bank account. Checks should be  
made out to: 
Biotechnology of Ectomycorrhizae: Molecular Approaches.  
Tesoreria dell'Universita' di Urbino cc. No. 201.30 
Cassa di Risparmio di Pesaro  Succursale di Urbino  
Via dei Fornari - 61029 Urbino (Italy) 

Please complete and return the enclosed registration  card along 
with the registration fee no later than June 15, 1994. 

INFORMATION 

Please direct inquiries about the Symposium to:  
Prof. Vilberto Stocchi    
Biotechnology of Ectomycorrhizae: Molecular Approaches
Istituto di Chimica Biologica Giorgio Fornaini
Via Saffi,2
61029 Urbino (PS) 
Italy 
Telephone No. +39-722-305262/305220   Fax  No. +39-722-320188     

ACCOMODATIONS 

For information regarding hotel reservations  in the city of 
Urbino, participants may contact the travel agency: 
Agenzia Viaggi Marchionni
Via Puccinotti 7 
61029 Urbino (PS) 
Italy 
Phone No. +39-722-328877  Fax No. +39-722-4153