Subject: a message to anyone that uses novozyme!
From: [email-masked] (Lisa Vaillancourt)
Date: 17 May 1994 08:55:07 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

Dear fellow digesters:

A few weeks ago, I wrote a message to this bulletin board asking for help;
I was having a lot of trouble making protoplasts from Schizophyllum commune
using Novozyme 234.  Many thanks to all those who wrote back..I have since
done quite a lot of experimentation and I have decided that the major
problem is with the current batch of Novozyme, lot PPM 4356, which simply
will not digest many of our strains.  However, I know from the responses
many of you gave that this Novozyme apparently works well for Aspergillus
spp., when used at a much lower concentration.  So..my question is this..we
have now 20g of this stuff bought from Interspex Products about 3 months
ago.  It doesn't work for us at all, but maybe somebody out there can use
it, particularly if you work with Aspergillus spp.  Would anyone be
interested in a swap??  The 20g we have is worth about 400$, and we would
like to swap it for something of comparable worth that is small and easily
shipped.  Ideally, if anyone has a stash of an earlier batch of Novozyme,
particularly PPM 1199, which we know works great for us, we would be very
interested in trading.  We do hope someone can help us out!!  Naturally, if
you are unfamilier with the batch we have we can send you a small amount
first to try it out, and vice versa if you are offering us an older batch. 
Thanks very much!

Lisa Vaillancourt
University of Vermont