Subject: Ag Biotech Info Available via Internet!
From: [email-masked] (Daniel M. Cabirac)
Date: 3 Jun 1994 18:38:13 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

** NEW BIOTECH BIBLIOGRAPHY AVAILABLE **

The Biotechnology Information Center (BIC) with the Plant Genome 
Information Center has released a new bibliography entitled: 
      
      "BIOTECHNOLOGY: COMMERCIALIZATION AND ECONOMIC ASPECTS"

Contains 209 references dealing with economic aspects of agricultural
biotechnology from market research and forecasts to commercialization 
issues. For a free copy (print or electronic) see details below. 

    **************************************************************
    AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY INFORMATION AVAILABLE VIA INTERNET!
    **************************************************************
        
              **LEGISLATION AND REGULATION(newly updated)**
                  **CURRENT GENE MAPPING PROJECTS**
                        **PATENTING ISSUES**
                        **TRANSGENIC TOMATO**
                    **BST-BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE**
                       **BIOTECHNOLOGY OF ALGAE**
                          **BIOTECH VIDEOS**
                       **BIOTECH NEWSLETTERS**                      
  
        **AND many more files, and links to 12 other Ag Biotech Gophers

The Biotechnology Information Center, an information center of the
USDA-National Agricultural Library, has developed a rich source of current
Biotechnology-related information available via Internet. 

The files at the site include bibliographies composed primarily of
citations from scientific journals and some popular periodicals (many with
abstracts), on subjects ranging from public perception to gene expression
in crops and fungi.  In addition, several miscellaneous publications
dealing with biotechnology meetings, directories and audio-visuals are
also available.  Numerous links to other biotechnology-related gophers
have also been included. 

In addition to the documents prepared by the Biotechnology Information
Center are files created by the Plant Genome and Data Information Center,
dealing with gene mapping in a range of plant species.  The gopher site
already contains more than 70 files, and new files are being added every 
week. 

To access these files via Gopher: 

telnet inform.umd.edu		OR  	gopher inform.umd.edu
   -Educational Resources
     -Biotechnology_Information_Center

If you prefer to access the documents via FTP, follow the same path as the 
one listed above.

If you have only email access, talk to your Internet provider about 
"FTPmail," a method of accessing these files via email.  Many of the 
current books about Internet also describe FTPmail.  

Please send us your questions and comments.

Complimentary copies of the printed bibliographies are avialable from BIC 
by contacting us at the address below. 

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Biotechnology Information Center (BIC)         voice1: (301)-504-5947     |
| National Agricultural Library - USDA           voice2: (301)-504-5340     |
| 10301 Baltimore Blvd.                             fax: (301)-504-7098     | 
| Beltsville, MD  20705-2351 USA                 e-mail:[email-masked] |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Daniel Cabirac                                        [email-masked] |
| Ray Dobert                                            [email-masked] |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+