Subject: Re: Porcini
From: [email-masked] (Gus Trautweiler)
Date: 15 Jun 1994 03:15:05 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:

:Q 
:Q 
:Q I too have always understood Porcini to be Boletus edulus.  I think that's
:Q what it says on the packets of dried porcini that we get here in Australia.
:Q 
:Q David Orlovich

While collecting tissue samples of Castanea dentata (American Chestnut) at the
Harvard Forest in Petersham, MA, I found a single B. edulis in perfect
condition (this means it was only slightly nibbled on and no maggots).  I
pealed the stem and saute'd slices in a little butter, garlic, and chive,
mmmmmgood.   For those of you in Western MA, it was near trail marker 11 of the
black gum trail....good luck.

#######################*      *##*         *##*       *##*           *##*
Gus Trautweiler  |  |  | #  # |  |  #   #  |  | #   # |  |  #     #  |  |
Plant & Soil Science Dept: Biotechnology|  |  | | # | |  |  |  #  |  |  |
University of Massachusetts # |  |  #   #  |  | #   # |  |  #     #  |  |
[email-masked]   *##*      *##*         *##*       *##*           *##*