Subject: Gulf States Mycological Society Foray, 7/7-10
From: [email-masked] (Gene Yetter)
Date: 15 Jun 1994 19:17:47 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

An interesting weekend foray is coming up at Wakulla Springs, Florida,
July 7th-10th, being held by the Gulf States group.  As their announcement
describes it: "Wakulla Springs is located 15 miles south of Tallahassee
and a scant 10 miles from the shores of the Gulf of Mexico.  A luxuriantly
tropical setting, Wakulla Springs was the site chosen for Tarzan movies
and the Creature of the Black Lagoon . . . "  Sounds like it could be
mushroom heaven!  Wooded areas nearby include St. Marks National Wildlife
Refuge, Apalachiola National Forest, and Ochlockonee River State Park. 
David Lewis will be guest mycologist.  One species to look for is
Tricholoma titans.  Is there really such a taxa?  I have been to a few
forays put on by the Gulf States and they have been friendly and
interesting.  I won't be able to make this one.  But maybe someone 
reading this message can go and give us a report.  Contact:

Toby Feibelman, Treasurer
Gulf States Mycological Society
7030 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, La. 70118

Note submitted by Gene Yetter, New York Mycol. Society

###