Subject: Ag Biotech Info has moved!
From: [email-masked] (Daniel M. Cabirac)
Date: 29 Jun 1994 20:29:32 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY INFORMATION AVAILABLE VIA INTERNET
 **************************************************************

The gopher files of the BIOTECHNOLOGY INFORMATION CENTER have moved!

This rich source of Ag. Biotech. information is still located on the 
University of Maryland's Inform Gopher, but in a new spot.  

Please note the new access info:

gopher(or telnet) inform.umd.edu
      -Educational Resources
            -Agricultural Resources
                  -Biotechnology Information Center

For gopher builders, WWW gurus and other wizards, the link info:

#
Type=1+
Name=Biotechnology Information Center
Path=1/inforM/Educational_Resources/AgriculturalResources/Biotechnology_Infor
mation_Center
Host=info.umd.edu
Port=901
Admin=inforM Editor <[email-masked]>
ModDate=Mon Jun 13 13:49:52 1994 <19940613134952>
URL: gopher://info.umd.edu:901/11/inforM/Educational_Resources/AgriculturalRes
ources/Biotechnology_Information_Center

A brief description of the many Ag. Biotech materials on our gopher:

                **TRANSGENIC ANIMALS(newly updated)**     
         **COMMERCIALIZATION AND ECONOMIC ASPECTS(newly updated)**     
              **LEGISLATION AND REGULATION(newly updated)**
                  **CURRENT GENE MAPPING PROJECTS**
                        **PATENTING ISSUES**
                        **TRANSGENIC TOMATO**
                    **BST-BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE**
                       **BIOTECHNOLOGY OF ALGAE**
                          **BIOTECH VIDEOS**
                       **BIOTECH NEWSLETTERS**                      
  
        **AND many more files, and links to 12 other Ag Biotech Gophers

The Biotechnology Information Center, an information center of the
USDA-National Agricultural Library, has developed a rich source of current
Biotechnology-related information available via Internet. 

The files at the site include bibliographies composed primarily of
citations from scientific journals and some popular periodicals (many with
abstracts), on subjects ranging from public perception to gene expression
in crops and fungi.  In addition, several miscellaneous publications
dealing with biotechnology meetings, directories and audio-visuals are
also available.  Numerous links to other biotechnology-related gophers
have also been included. 

If you prefer to access the documents via FTP, follow the same path as the 
one listed above.

If you have only email access, talk to your Internet provider about 
"FTPmail," a method of accessing these files via email.  Many of the 
current books about Internet also describe FTPmail.  

Please send us your questions and comments.

Complimentary copies of the printed bibliographies are available from BIC 
by contacting us at the address below. 

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Biotechnology Information Center (BIC)         voice1: (301)-504-5947     |
| National Agricultural Library - USDA           voice2: (301)-504-5340     |
| 10301 Baltimore Blvd.                             fax: (301)-504-7098     | 
| Beltsville, MD  20705-2351 USA                 e-mail:[email-masked] |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Daniel Cabirac                                        [email-masked] |
| Ray Dobert                                            [email-masked] |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+