Subject: Two announcements regarding FGSC WWW server
From: [email-masked] (Craig Wilson)
Date: 1 Jul 1994 10:35:32 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

As of July 1, some articles from Fungal Genetics Newsletter 41 for 1994 are
posted on the FGSC server.  I'll get all articles there as soon as possible.
The full table of contents is there in case anyone wants to know what to e
expect when the printed version arrives.

That printed version should be delivered to the printer on Tuesday July 5,
with the fond hope it will return and be mailed out by the end of July.

Mac users using Mosaic version 1.0.3 may already know what we just discovered
this week:  html files comprising the various sections of the FGSC on-line
catalogue appear in a slightly distorted form.  Several lines per record that
should be indented are not, and there is no blank line between consecutive
records.  This appears to be an error on the part of this version of Mosaic.
The soon-to-be-formally released version 2 for the Mac reads the files
properly, as do all Windows versions I have tried.  Because of this, I am
reluctant to spend the considerable time required to try and amend the source
files to make them appear as I intended.  Consider it incentive to acquire
version 2 of Mosaic for the Mac.

For those of you unaware of the FGSC information source, it can be found using
the following URL:  http://kufacts.cc.ukans.edu/cwis/units/fgsc/fgsc/html

It can also be found in the big list of WWW servers at CERN, and in the list
of Biosciences servers catalogued in the Virtual Library of servers, arranged
by subject.  Each of these lists has servers arranged geographically, so
search for 'Kansas' and FGSC should appear.

Craig Wilson
[email-masked]