Subject: Re: growing edibles?
From: [email-masked] (VTECH)
Date: 2 Jul 1994 10:29:04 -0400
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Bruce M. Marshall) writes:

>Can you post an address or phone # for the above?

FUNGI PERFECTI
PO Box 7634
Olympia, Washington 98507
(206) 426-9292

MUSHROOMPEOPLE
PO Box 220
Summertown, TN 38483-0220
(615) 964-2200

Fungi Perfecti sells a variety of mushroom spawn plus all manner of
equipment for growing mushrooms, whether you are a basement
experimenter or commercial grower. Their catalog is excellent and
costs $3.00, refundable on first order. They also have a number of
books on mushroom cultivation, including Growing gourmet and
Medicinal Mushrooms and The Mushroom Cultivator, both by Paul
Stamets, probably the premier authority on the field in the US and
owner of Fungi Perfecti. Highly recommended.

I haven't ordered from Mushroompeople, but their 8 page flier focuses
primarily on Shiitake cultivation. They sell spawn as well as books
and some equipment.

I have recently begun experimenting with shroom cultivation myself,
and am expecting my first  crop of Coprinus comatus any day now.
Would appreciate hearing from any other cultivators out there. Good
luck.

Norm Jones
[email-masked]