Subject: STAFF OPENINGS AT NRC DEMOKRITOS
From: PAPAGEORGIOU GEORGIOS <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Jul 1994 08:23:36 +0100
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***
			From the Institute of Biology
		 NRC Demokritos, Athens, Greece 153 10

We would like to bring to the attention of Greek biological 
researchers the recently announced staff openings at the
Institute of Biology of the National Research Center Demokritos.

1. One research position (Level C) for a biologist-geneticist
   specializing in the genotoxicity of environmental chemical
   polutants.

2. One research position (Level C) for a biochemist or molecular
   biologist specializing in photosynthesis.

3. One research position (Level C) for a molecular biologist 
   specializing in radiation-induced carcinogenic mutations.

4. One research position (Level C) for a theoretical biologist 
   specializing in computer-aided elucidation of macromolecular 
   structure and of biological function. 

   Initial Level C appointments are for three years. After that
   staffers are eligible for promotion to the tenured Level B.
   
   Interested qualified persons must submit a full application,
   plus supporting documents, not later than August 31, 1994 to: 
		
			National Research Center Demokritos 
			Administrative Directorate 
			Athens, Greece 153 10
			Tel: (301) 653 2649 / Fax: (301) 651 2172
 
    Please note: Staff openings have been announced also for
    other institutes of NRC Demokritos: PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY, 
    MATERIALS SCIENCE, MICROELECTRONICS, INFORMATICS, NUCLEAR
    TECHNOLOGY & RADIATION PROTECTION, RADIOISOTOPES & 
    RADIODIAGNOSTIC PRODUCTS, as well as for the SUPERCOMPUTING
    CENTER. 

    A second wave of staff openings will be announced soon. 

    Please address relevant questions to the address given above.

    Dr. George C. Papageorgiou, Director
    NRC Demokritos / Institute of Biology
    Athens, Greece
    Tel: (301) 652 2018 /  Fax: (301) 651 1767
    Internet: [email-masked] -t.gr