Subject: Stachyboytris and sick bldg
From: [email-masked] ("MICHAEL P. KOLOTILA")
Date: 6 Jul 1994 11:34:30 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

Hello Myconetters,

I posted this message or one similar to it on Bioforum without response and I
thought that I would give you a chance to show up the Bioforumites.  We have
been having some problems with sick building syndrome and from the air vents
Stachyboytris (I think the spelling is correct or at least close) was isolated.
I only know of it as a lab contaminant and not in any pathogenic or allergic
mode.  I was wondering, as is my Dean, if anyone out there know if it has been
associated with sick building syndrome or with allergies.  My med mycology
texts have not reported anything.  Thanks in advance.  Reply either to my
e-mail or on mycology discussion.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Michael

*******************************************************************************
* Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.             ** e-mail:  [email-masked]   *
* Biotechnology Program Coordinator                                           *
* Biotechnology Program                  ** phone:  (508)-374-3887            *
* Department of Natural Science                                               *
* Northern Essex Community College       ** fax:     (508)-374-3723           *
* 100 Elloitt Way                                                             *
* Haverhill, MA  01830-2399                                                   *
*******************************************************************************
*                   Pallidrome:  have DNA, will travel.                       *
*******************************************************************************