Subject: Mushroom Mol Bio Postdoc available in Hong Kong
From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Aug 1994 01:22:37 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology

MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MUSHROOM

Shiitake---Lentinula edodes

A position is available immediately, as early as 1 Sept., 1994 for a recent
PhD to conductresearch works in the molecular biology of basidiomycetous
fungi cellulases and fruiting body development.  The fungi used in the
study is Shiitake, lentinula edodes.

Applicants should have a strong background in molecular biology. 
Preference will be given to an applicant with experience in fungal genetics
and familiarity with polymerase chain reaction methods.

Major techniques to be used:  RNA fingerprinting with Arbitrarily Primed
PCR (RAP), protoplast transformation, nucleic acid hybridizations, and
automatic DNA sequencing.

Minimum annual stipend will be US$17,000.  The annual stipend can be up to
US$33,800, depending on the experience of the applicant and the
availability of extra fundings.  Initial appointment is one year and
renewable for another year.

Please send curriculum vitae and names of three references to:

Dr. H.S. Kwan
Deptment of Biology
Science Centre
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T.
Hong Kong

e-mail: [email-masked]

H.S. Kwan