Subject: Mycorrhiza - production of plant growt/development hormones ???

From: [email-masked] (Bjorn Ness)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 16:02:52

I searche for information about possible mycorrhizal production of plant 
growth hormones  (auxins, gibberrelin, cytokins).

I am well awere of the role mycorrhiza play in suporting the trees (/plants) 
with mineral components from the soil. But someone once wrote about plant 
hormone production as well.  Do anyone have som information on this ??

Please give me info bye E.mail: [email-masked]

Thank You!!

Bjoern Arne Naess
Soer-Troendelag College 
dep. Chemistry, Chemical engineering/biotechnology

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:30:19 GMT

>hormone production as well.  Do anyone have som information on this ??
Most standard plant physiology texts will give you some basic information
on this- my dated copy of Salisbury & Ross, for example, explains that auxins,
as well as the cytokinins zeatin and zeatin riboside stimulate ectomycorrhizae
formation.  Plant hormone production by the fungal symbiont plays a role in
determining the degree of branching in a mycorrhizal root (increased branching
= more surface area for infection = greater transfer of nutrients, etc.)  If 
you need more info., there are many books on the general topic (and not a few
lurkers in this group that probably know a lot more about this).
-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]