Subject: Re: your ListSERV request "subscribe [email-masked] OrMed"

From: Mailing List Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 94 01:58:25 PST

Per your request
	"subscribe [email-masked] OrMed"
[email-masked]' was ADDED to the 'OrMed' mailing list.

------------------------ List introduction ---------------------------
Welcome to the Oriental Medicine Mailing List!!

I have received your subscription request for the OrMed mailing
list. Your name has been added to the subscriber roles, and you
should begin receiving messages within a day of getting this
welcome message. 

There are two things to do first:

1. Remember that all messages to the list should be mailed to 
   [email-masked].

2. Request the FAQ by sending a message with this line in the body
   to [email-masked] or [email-masked]:

   FAQ ORMED

Now, on to other important matters...

The list handling software automatically adds a Reply-To: header
to all outgoing list messages. If your mailer looks for this,
replying to the list is as easy as any other mail reply. Always
be sure, however, to check the To: address of any message headed
for the list to make certain that the outgoing address is
[email-masked].

Now, there's just one thing left for you to do: post!

Thanks for participating in this list. I hope that with a forum
like this that we can help to advance our understanding of
Oriental Medicine as it makes its way into the West.

Norm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached below is a copy of the OrMed mailing list posting 
guidelines. Please read these and keep them in mind as you post
messages to the list. Feel free to email me should you have 
questions about the guidelines, or anything else in this document.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

                           Posting guidelines

THE OrMed MAILING LIST:

The list was formed in the late spring of 1994 to serve as a forum for
the discussion and advancement of Oriental Medicine.

POSTING GUIDELINES:

1. Try to keep in mind that your posts to the list go out to many
people, located around the world. Many of our subscribers pay for their 
email services, and international email is, in general, an expensive 
enterprise for someone along the line, even if not for the end user. If 
your posting is of a personal nature, or is part of a discussion with 
just one or two list members, consider using private email to continue 
the dialog. Always be aware that what you post to the list should be of 
interest to the majority of list members.

2. Stay on topic! This list is for the discussion of Oriental Medicine.
This list is NOT a place for debates about the entire theoretical model
of Oriental medicine. No East vs. West stuff here.

3. Please try to be polite in both your posts and your responses. Flaming
will not be tolerated and can get a member removed from the list in a 
hurry. It has no place in a forum such as this one.

4. If you choose to reply to a list message, be sure to trim quoted
text as much as possible. Again, this is a matter of courtesy as both
members who pay for mail by the character and those who read it over
slow modem connections do not appreciate 100 lines of quoted text for
a three line reply. (Those of us reading it over fast connections don't
appreciate it much, either.)

5. Finally, remember that this list is moderated (by me). I don't
generally get involved in a heavy-handed way, but those who consistently
violate the basic rule of "be considerate" may receive warnings from
me, or even be removed from the list. I also reserve the right to
reject any posting which is clearly not appropriate. Such a rejection
will always result in a message to the list stating the action and
the reason for doing so.

Thanks for your cooperation and contributions to this list. If we
all work together we can keep this list the valuable, informative
and useful tool that it is now.

Norm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------