Subject: Command confirmation request (526E06)

From: "L-Soft list server at UKCC (1.8b)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 20:52:10 -0500

Your command:

                     SUBSCRIBE OGL Lawrence F. London, Jr.

has been received.  You must now reply to this  message (as explained below)
to complete your subscription. The purpose of this confirmation procedure is
to check  that the address  LISTSERV is  about to add  to the list  for your
subscription is reachable. This is a typical procedure for high-volume lists
and all new subscribers are subjected to it - you are not being singled out.
Every effort has been made to  make this verification as simple and painless
as possible. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

With most  mail programs, you  can confirm the  command by simply  using the
"reply"  function, without  including  the original  text,  and typing  "ok"
(without the quotes) as the text of  your message. Just "ok" - do not retype
the command  or anything else.  If this does not  work, you will  receive an
error  message. In  this  case, send  "ok 526E06"  instead,  using the  same
procedure with which you  sent the command you are now  asked to confirm. In
other words, with most mail programs you will only need to type "ok", but if
you are unlucky you may have to retype the confirmation code as well.

Finally, your command will be automatically  cancelled if you do not confirm
it within 48h. After  that time, you must start over  and resend the command
to get a new  confirmation code. If necessary, wait until  you know you will
be able  to reply  in time. If  on the  other hand you  change your  mind or
realize you made  a mistake when typing  the command, you do not  need to do
anything  - it  will expire  on its  own  in 48h  and, if  you discard  this
message, there is no risk of confirming it by accident.