Subject: ag waste database

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey R. Hibbert)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 18:55:53 GMT

Dear Colleagues,
        Demand for information on efficient and environmentally sound ways
of managing and using agricultural wastes is growing. In response to this
need, Auburn University College of Agriculture and the Alabama Cooperative
Extension Service, with support from the Tennessee Valley Authority, have
developed a comprehensive, computerized Agricultural Waste Database. The
Ag Waste Database system provides an up-to-date, exhaustive listing of
research-based published works on the management, disposal and productive
use of agricultural wastes, and on use of industrial and municipal wastes
in agriculture. The service is available to anyone seeking information on
scientific, economic, practical, environmental, or legal aspects of
agriculture-related wastes. The database is continually updated and is
unique in its focus, filling a need not covered by any other database or
reference service. 
        If you have internet access and usa a Gopher client outside the
ACENET (acenet.auburn.edu) domain, use the address
gopher.acenet.auburn.edu. For access by modem, call 205-844-0329, settings
N-8-1, full duplex, vt102 terminal emulation, and ZMODEM file transfer
protocol. Baud rates up to 57,600 are supported; default is 2400. On
connecting to the ACES Gopher server, you will see a login:  prompt. Type
gopher and press ENTER. Messages may be displayed; then you will be
presented with the ACES Gopher main menu. To end your session, press Q to
log off. 
        If you have any questions or comments, please email myself or my
colleague, James Murray. 

 Jeff Hibbert			 James Murray
[email-masked]	 [email-masked]