Subject: Re: CSA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 00:25:25 -0400

In a message dated 96-06-12 07:53:11 EDT, you write:

<< May I stick my nose in here?

What is cn. org? If it is an organic list, I want to know about it.

What is coming up in one month, that is such an opportunity for you?

Is there anything I can do to help? I have some ideas of what to say to
encourage people to buy organic veg/fruit from farmer CSA.  >>

Of course, all noses are welcome! 
cn.org must have been a type if it came from me.
On July 13-14, 4000 people will be touring our 2 acre organic farm as part of
an island garden tour to benefit the arts and humanities council.  We are the
working garden on the tour this year, the other 4 are fancy, landscaped
gardens.  We are planning to begin the  CSA component of our business spring
97 so thought it would be good timing to have our promotional material ready
for the tour in July.  
I am truly at a loss/have not yet begun to create such material.  CSA is a
new concept to most in this community, however, some have been asking about
it.  There is a CSA that some folks go to that is off the island and about 20
miles away.  
Any suggestions and/or related material would be greatly appreciated.  I am
looking specifically for an educational tool/ description of the CSA concept
that is simple and concise for an introduction to those who have never heard
of such a thing.

Thanks, Suzy