Subject: winter shares

From: [email-masked] (Mary)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:00:40 -0600 (CST)

Hello everyone--

I'm gathering information for a new CSA hoping to startup this season. The
farmer has a desire to offer winter shares (mixture of stored root crops and
greenhouse greens). Does anyone from a climate similar to Vermont have any
information on whether this is currently being done, whether it is
successful, what kinds of costs are members willing to pay, etc? Any and all
info is welcome.

Thanks.  Mary
--
Mary L. Peabody                           
Women's Agricultural Network                      
590 Main, UVM                                        
Burlington, VT  05405-0059                              
                                                       
Telephone: (802)656-3276                              
Fax:       (802)656-8874                              
email:     [email-masked]

---

From: John Fletcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:49:18 -0700

At 12:00 PM 1/16/97 -0600, Mary wrote:
>I'm gathering information for a new CSA...winter shares... Any and all
>info is welcome.

Dear Mary,

The Dixon Partnership Farm offered winter shares for the first time (this
was our eighth year of operation) in its 1996 season.  If the CSA for which
you are seeking information has an interest in such a limited experential
base, we would be glad to share it (ration of summer shares to winter
shares, costs, quantities, etc.).

I'm not filling up an e-message with all the info because you (as its agent)
might wish to consult with the CSA (your principal) as to the worth/utility
of information from Western Montana limited to a single season.

Best Wishes,            John

John Fletcher
PO Box 8381
Missoula, MT  59807
(406) 721-4269