Subject: csa & farmers' mkt (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:50:56 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 15:01:10 -0400
From: csana <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: csa & farmers' mkt

Hello Lawrence,
Was that your question I read with Duncan's reply? I'm still learning this

==
No, somebody else's. I'm guessing it came from csa-l so I'm forwarding 
your reply to that list.
LL
==

email stuff. Anyhow, as far as CSA/Farmers' Mkt or the way you layed out,
is the goal to get more $ going to the 'mkt' basically, as they are usually
struggling?
The 10 farmers/producers to supply the 50 families is ok, and the sharers
could visit the farm on occasion, it's the upfront, annual/full season/hell
or high water commitment that sets CSA apart from subcription.
That's a big chunk back to the mkt, many CSA retain their farmers' mkt
position and deliver their shares from the same spot as the piecemeal
purchases.But most of them can't wait to just be a CSA operation entirely
and drop the other markets.Please send this off to Duncan if I was s'posed
to send it there.
Toward Sustainability, Robyn Van En, CSA of N. America