Subject: Alternative Agriculture News contact info.

From: "Douglas E. Butdorf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 96 17:13 PST

Hello Friendly People,

Recently Michael wrote about a meeting he attended, and mentioned the
*Alternative Agriculture News*,  I was wondering if someone could get me
the address of this publication.  I think I would like to subscribe.

Thanks in advance.

Doug-the-wannabe-farmer

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:32:32 -0500

Dear Doug,

Alternative Agriculture News is a publication of the Henry Wallace Institute
and is available both electronically and in hard copy.  If you subscribe to
Sanet (Sustainable Agriculture Network maillist), Andy Clark posts it every
month.  The Wallace Institute also publishes the American Journal of
Alternative Agriculture. Here are the assorted ways to find these excellent
publications.

Alternative Agriculture News  November, 1996
Henry A. Wallace Institute for Alternative Agriculture
9200 Edmonston Road, #117
Greenbelt, MD 20770
(301) 441-8777
E-mail: [email-masked]

If You Are Interested in Sustainable Agriculture...
   In addition to this monthly newsletter, the Henry A. Wallace
Institute for Alternative Agriculture publishes the American
Journal of Alternative Agriculture, a quarterly, peer-reviewed
journal of research on alternative agriculture.  It is a
scientific forum for disseminating technical, economic, and
social research findings about the character and requirements of alternative
agriculture systems.  
     Articles in the current issue (Volume 11, No. 1) cover low-
input, on-farm composting; a case study on evaluating the
sustainability of alternative farming systems; soil and water
conservation and improved crop management effects on watershed productivity
in India; a review of the literature on economic methods for comparing
alternative crop production systems; expansion of the organic food market in
Denmark; a South Dakota case study comparing organic and sustainable fed
cattle production; and effects of free-range chickens and geese on insect
pests and weeds in an agroecosystem.  

Subscriptions to AJAA are $24 a year for individuals; $12 for students; and
$44 for libraries.  Contact the Wallace Institute, 9200 Edmonston Road, #117,
Greenbelt, MD 20770; (301) 441-8777; e-mail [email-masked]