Subject: National CSA Conference Jan. 17-19 Pt II

From: Intergalactic Garage <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 21:35:23 -0500

1997 National Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Conference

"Sounding the Call: Urgent Questions of Apprenticeship, Training and Education"

January 17, 18 & 19, 1997 - Kimberton, Pennsylvania

Hosted by 	The Bio-Dynamic Farming and Gardening Association, Inc.
			POB 550
			Kimberton, PA 19442
			1-800-516-7797

==============================================================================
SECTIONS in this DOCUMENT

* TOPIC STATEMENT 1997 National CSA Conference
* SPEAKERS
* SCHEDULE
* WORKSHOP TITLES
* REGISTRATION
* ACCOMMODATION/LODGING
* MEALS
* CONFERENCE FEES
* FOR MORE INFORMATION

===============================================================================

* TOPIC STATEMENT 1997 National CSA Conference

Apprenticeship and training are THE questions for the future. They have
concerned growers since the 1940's. Who will grow the crops and renew the
soil? Who will protect the environment? Nourish the human spirit? They are
too big to tackle alone. Community Supported Agriculture is about a
community tackling big questions together. And, that is the purpose of this
conference. to share with growers and consumers some answers which others
have found in their searching. We will teach one another by asking our
urgent questions.

* SPEAKERS

Addressing the Question:
	Greg Schultz: NEWFARMS, NM
	Jean-Paul Coartens: Roxbury CSA, NY
	Gunther Hack: Three Fold Educational Foundation, NY
	Greg Davis: Camphill Soltane, PA
	Gary Lamb: Threefold Review, NY
	Sara Millstein Roxbury CSA, NY Walter
	Goldstein: Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, WI
	Lifeways

* SCHEDULE

"Urgent Questions of Apprenticeship, Training and Education"

Friday, January 17
==================
5 P.M. Kimberton High School Gym
	Registration
6:30 - 7:30 P.M. Gym
	Dinner
8:00 P.M. High School Library
	Welcome: Charles Beedy
	Keynote Address: Greg Schultz (NEWFARMS)
	"Reaching the Journeyman Stage: Establishing Professionalism in
Education"

Saturday, January 18
====================
7:30 A.M. Gym
	Breakfast
8:30 A.M. High School Library
	Announcements
	Introduction to the Day
8:45 A.M. - 10:15 A.M. High School Library
	Overview Presentations of Educational Programs
10:15 - 10:45 A.M. Morning Break
11:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
	Workshop Session I regarding The Educational Programs presented in
the overview
12:30 P.M. Lunch
2:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M. High School Library
	Overview Presentations of Educational Programs
4:15 P.M. - 5:45 P.M.
	Workshop Session II regarding The Educational Programs presented in
the overview
6:00 P.M. Gym
	Supper Break
7:30 P.M. Social Evening
International and American Folk and Square Dancing with Dr Richard Fried

Sunday, January 19
==================
7:30 A.M. Gym
	Breakfast
8:30 A.M. High School Library
	Announcements
8:45 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
	Talk: Hartmut von Jeetze, Camphill Village, Kimberton
10:15 - 10:45 A.M. Morning Break
10:45 A.M. Group Work
	"Creating the Agenda for the Future - All Participants
12:00 Noon Lunch
END of CONFERENCE

(Agenda subject to change without notice)

*WORKSHOP TITLES

(Complete schedule will be at registration. Sign up then.)

	Consumer Education: Seeking to Build a core-group to carry this
important task

	Farm-based Apprentice Education: How to do it

	Formal Training Programs

	Basic Educational Materials and Resources

	Communication tools: CSA Newsletter

	Family Festivals, and Farm-based community learning Programs

	And Others!

DIRECTIONS

How to Get Here:
The Kimberton Waldorf School is just outside Kimberton, PA, near Valley
Forge and Phoenixville PA. It is close to the junction of: Pennsylvania
State Routes: 23, 724,113 and 29.

>From U.5. 76 (Pennsylvania Turnpike)
Exit at Valley Forge. Look for signs to Rt. 23 towards Phoenixville. Stay
on Rt. 23 into Phoenixville. Go left on Rt. 113 toward Lionville/Exton.
After about 2.5 miles (at Shelly's Lumber yard), the Rt. 113 veers left.
Take Kimberton Road which branches off to the right. After about 200 yards,
turn right onto West Seven Stars Rd. until you go through a covered bridge.
The entrance to the Kimberton Waldorf School is roughly 1/2 mile on your
right. Park near the gymnasium building at the center of the campus.

* REGISTRATION

Return registration form and payment in full to: The Bio-Dynamic
Association, POB 550, Kimberton, PA 19442 1-800-516-7797 (Fax: (610)
983-3196

Conference Address:
	Kimberton Waldorf School
	West Seven Stars Road
	Kimberton, PA 19442

* ACCOMMODATION/LODGING

Private Accommodation on a limited basis may be available at $15.00 per
night. Sleeping-bag space at the Kimberton Waldorf School gymnasium for $3
per person per night. Camping/tenting space is also available on site for
$3 per person per night.

Local Motel: French Creek Inn 1-800-870-5040 Single: $50 + tax

* MEALS

Conference fee includes organic meals including Friday dinner, Saturday
breakfast, lunch and dinner; Sunday breakfast and lunch.

* CONFERENCE FEES

Conference Fee: $100.00
(Fee Includes all lectures, workshops, meals and entertainment as described)

Conference Fee for Student/Apprentice: $65

(Those who can pay the full conference fee are actually making it possible
for apprentices or students to attend at a reduced rate.)

* MORE INFORMATION

Questions: (610) 935-7797 or (800) 516-7797

===========================================================================
Subscribe to BIODYNAMICS: Farming for the 21st Century
the Bi-Monthly Magazine about Developments in the Art and Science of
Biodyamics.

Starting with the March/April Issue, noted orchardist and B growing
consultant, Alan York, will be the editor.

BIODYNAMICS: Farming for the 21st Century is the magazine of the Biodynamic
Farming and Gardening Association of America.

6 issues a year for $35

1-800-516-7797

The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America
POB 550, Kimberton, PA 19442 USA

VISA/AMEX/MasterCard accepted

(International Subscriptions are higher. Contact the BDFGA for a quote).

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Opinions expressed in mail through this list, whether by the moderator or
by list members,  are simply the opinions of the poster and do not
necessarily  reflect the opinions of the BDFGA.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Biodynamics is a science dedicated to healing people by healing the
Earth.  Its method is to  work with gardeners and small farmers first,
then extend lessons learned to larger farms, and finally regions.  If you
are into the health/nutrition connection, chemical-free foods from
chemical-free gardening, alternative healing of any kind, herbs, or other
wholistic aspects of life, then the BioDynamic Forum has something for
you.  We'd love to have you aboard.

The BD-L e-mail list is open to all and subscribing is easy: simply send
an e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "subscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

(I'll need your name and physical address in the Body of the message, but
it will be released to no one)

You'll soon start getting messages.  If you don't like what you see, send
another e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "unsubscribe BD-L" in the Subject.
(of course you can also say "Take me off that @#%$ list and I'll get the
point)

Check out the Biodynamic Association WEB PAGE:
      http://www.his.com/~claymont/bda.html

Thank you,

Allan Balliett, Moderator
===============================