Subject: Robyn Van En

From: Kathy Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 11:22:23 -0800 (PST)

It is with great sadness that I post this message to the CSA list serve
community.

Robyn Van En, co-founder and director of CSA of North America,
died early this morning in Massachusetts of an asthma attack.
Robyn was a tireless advocate for Community Supported Agriculture
and for sane, healthy, supportive and sustainable communities.  I
know she was an inspiration to many of you, a visionary thinker,
enthusiastic mentor and loving friend.

Robyn was one of the world's vital and beautiful souls. She will
certainly be missed.  Luckily for all of us, Robyn has over the
years established a tremendous body of work and brought many
people into a movement that will continue to grow.  Even as we
mourn her passing, we can carry on her work and dedication to
creating systemic change and building life-affirming alternatives
in our local and global communities.

Some kind of event will be held in the near future to remember
Robyn and honor her life.  I will post an announcement when
details are available.

I would be happy to gather messages for her family, especially her
son David, if folks would like to send them.

We in New York City will also be planning some sort of event in
Robyn's memory, to be held later in the year, and will welcome the
participation of all who knew Robyn or were touched by her life.

Kathy Lawrence, Executive Director Just Food, NYC Sustainable Food
System Alliance 290 Riverside Drive #15D New York, NY 10025-5287

Tel/Fax: 212 666 2168 Email: [email-masked]