Subject: CSA Mission Statements and Forests

From: [email-masked] (Sue Lily)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:04:03 -0700

>In response to John Barclay's request for mission statements of CSA farms:

The "mission statement"  should be one sentence, according to grant writer
advisors -

Ours, in Ashland, OR;
FOUR EAGLES GARDEN:

"Helping each other to live in a good way and ensure a future of healthy
land, water and food."

PS. THIS IS THE WEEK TO WRITE, CALL, FAX AND EMAIL THE WHITEHOUSE TO STOP
THE FUNDING FOR THE DEVASTATING SALVAGE RIDER THAT HAS BEEN CAUSING TREES
TO FALL...

SIGN ON AND MAKE YOUR CALL, PLEASE - today and Friday

Call the President: 202-456-1111
Call Leon Panetta: 202-456-6797
email this sign on letter to:
[email-masked]

The Hon. William Jefferson Clinton
President of the United States
The White House
Washington DC

Dear President Clinton:

In these final days of the 104th Congress, there is one more
opportunity to end the damage that is being done to our nation's
environment by the Rescissions Act Logging Rider and the Mt. Graham
Rider.

We are thankful that you have asked the Congress to repeal both of
these odious Riders. We believe you have the power, in negotiations
with Congressional leaders, to insist that this be done.

Jessica Mathews recently observed that citizens should know "whether
elected officials' professed concern for the environment is matched by
action when it counts."

This is a case where it counts.  Ancient Forests, pristine  waters,
endangered fish and wildlife, Native American sacred sites, and the
rights of citizens in our nation to hold their own government
accountable are all at stake.

You have the means to insure that no legislation funding the Forest
Service after October 1 is signed that does not repeal these two
Riders, and restore the laws that are designed to achieve balance in
our environmental policies and fulfill our obligation to be good
stewards of this Earth.

We are counting on you.

Sincerely,

Ms. Lily
[email-masked]
Ashland OR

---

From: Sally Anne Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 07:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

GM's mission statement is 
	"We bend metal for profit"

short, to the point.  I think the process of building a mission statement
is a good one for people to go through, even though personally, I hate that
kind of thing.  
Sally Anne, an Urban Farmer
Seattle, WA