Subject: CSA Cookbook From Madison, Wisconsin

From: John Barclay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 20:43:33 -0500 (CDT)

The author of the book can be reached at:

MACSAC FOOD BOOK
c/o Lauri McKean
1228 Rutledge St., Madison, WI, 57013
(608) 251-8049

It can be ordered through:

Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
3287 Main St.
East Troy, Wisconsin  53120
(414) 6742-3303

Send a check for $17.50 made out to MFAI and add 5.5% if you are a 
Wisconsin Resident.

Its a great book and I'd elaborate more if I wasn't getting ready for a 
vacation ;).

John Barclay, Prairieland CSA, Champaign, IL

----------------------------------------------------------------------
John Barclay        (217) 352-4025     [email-masked]
Champaign, IL, USA   http://www.prairienet.org/~jbarclay/homepage.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 22:41:55 -0400

I am curious, why all this interest in a cookbook, when there are already
thousands on the market? Please tell me why all the clamor for this one?

My disappointment with cookbooks is that they are just that--how to COOK
foods, when what we so very badly need is one on NOT cooking, but RAW foods.
DEAD food does not do much for health.

It is the RAW food that is valuable, because ONLY raw food has enzymes.
Enzymes are what makes reactions go. Eating mostly dead food all one's life
is often responsible for not only the almost universal overweight state, but
also for ill health.

The body cannot keep up the way it should, when there are no enzymes to do
the digestion, the upbuilding.

I know there are some raw food "cookbooks" on the market, but not much good,
mostly repetitive with just switching around of items, but I know there are
very good tasting foods that are raw, because I have had some from the person
who knows how to do it, but I have never been able to pin that one down to
write. He says he just does it by tasting as he goes.