Subject: Re: payment plans and units

From: [email-masked] (Sarah Milstein)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 19:19:13 GMT

Since I am responding to a message dated May 20, it will be clear to
everyone here that I am months behind on my e-mail.  But I've cleared over
200 messages this rainy afternoon alone, so there's hope!  Anyway... 
 
On May 20, 1996 11:46:42, [email-masked] (Jennifer Bokaer-Smith)'
wrote: 

>Last year we started offering choices to our shareholders--choose 2 of 
>broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, green cabbage, or choose two kinds of 
>herbs, or two bunches of 5 different kinds of greens.  
 
We have just started doing this with the Roxbury Farm distributions. 
Although some items can't be adapted to this system (sweet corn, melons),
we're finding that it works nicely with greens.  We haven't yet tried it
with other items, but plan to do so with nightshades and other fruit-type
veggies when they come in. 
 
There was a lot of anxiety amongst our core group members before we started
this system, but it's working well so so far and I'm encouraged by
Jennifer's note.  Has anyone else had specific experience with this sort of
distribution?  (We got the idea from Michael Docter's article last year in
Growing For Market.) 
 
Sarah Milstein