Subject: Wilder Forest CSA Shares Available

From: Kathryn Draeger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 07:45:28 -0500

Greeting SANETERS,

45 CSA SHARES AVAILABLE FROM WILDER FOREST FARM- CSA PROGRAMS SERVING YOUTH
AND FAMILIES OF ST. PAUL, THROUGH THE AMHERST H. WILDER FOUNDATION SINCE 1906.

The Wilder Forest Farm supports the mission of the Amherst H. Wilder
Foudation (St. Paul, Minnesota) through a unique program that brings youth,
minorities and immigrant community members to the farm for healing,
education and agricultural experiences.  This announcement is about the
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program and shares available.

The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation was founded in 1906 to serve the residents
of St. Paul, Minnesota.  The Wilder Foundation, a non-profit, continues to
serve the community through a miriad of inner city programs and through the
Wilder Forest Farm, located 30 miles east of St. Paul.

The Wilder Forest CSA is the fruit of Native American, Southeast Asian and
African American community gardening on the Wilder Farm. Educational
gardening activities involve children from the SUNFLOWER PROJECT,  who have
emotional, behavioral or physical disabilities. Students from Project Common
Ground (which links Minnesota urban and rural youths) designed portions of
the CSA to integrate agriculture and classroom learning.

CSA SHARES: WHAT, HOW MUCH$ AND WHERE
45 CSA shares are still available.  At this time we anticipate harvesting
beans, beets, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, corn,
cucumbers, eggplant, lettuce, muskmelon, onion, parsley, peas, potatoes,
pumpkin, radishes, spinach, squash, swiss chard, tomato, flowers, and herbs.

Three options are available:
1.) Contribute $400 and all produce is donated to the Dorothy Day Center
(for the homeless), Washington County Food Shelf, Ramsey Action Program, and
other non-profits providing food to folks in need.  Total donation is tax
deductible.
2.) Contribute $400 and half the produce goes to your family and the other
half to designated recipients.  Approx. $200 is tax deductible.
3.) Contribute $400 and receive 16-18 weeks of produce.  Enough to feed a
family of four.

Where?  Shares will be available for pick-up in several convenient
locations, based on the locations of the the share-holders.

CONTACT:  ANNA BARKER @ (612) 433-5198, WILDER FOREST FARM

Note:  I'm posting this to SANET as a board member of Wilder's CSA and
Prairie Roots program advisory board.  Wilder Forest Farm has been free of
inorganic and synthetic agricultural inputs for approximately 10 years.
Please support the efforts of Wilder Forest and pass along this information
to any friends and family in the Twin Cities region of Minnesota.

Kathy Draeger

Sustainability International