Subject: Fwd: No Subject

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:06:59 -0500 (EST)

Bill seems to have gotten no response on SANET.  Hoping one of you can help.
 I'd like the answer, too.

Marcie
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	[email-masked] (Bill Blake)
To:	[email-masked]
Date: 97-01-07 10:29:44 EST

Hi y'all -

I'm trying to understand my soil report and how I can amend my soil. My
question to y'all is about converting parts per million to pounds per acre.
Parnes in _Fertile Soil_ says to multiply ppm by 2 to find lbs/acre, for
*soils of average density*. Amigo Cantisano from Peaceful Valley seems to
be multiplying by 4 when calculating calcium requirements.

So, what is soil density? How is it measured? Does it make a difference?

Thanks, and Happy Epiphany!

- Bill