Subject: Robyn Van En

From: Kathy Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:59:14 -0800 (PST)

January 8, 1997
 
It is with great sadness that I post this message to the
SANET community.  
 
Robyn Van En, founder and director of CSA of North America,
died early this morning in Massachusetts of an asthma attack. 
 
Robyn was a tireless advocate for Community Supported
Agriculture and for sane, healthy, supportive and sustainable
communities.  I know she was an inspiration to many of you, a
visionary thinker, enthusiastic mentor and loving friend.  
 
Robyn was one of the world's vital and beautiful souls. She
will certainly be missed.  Luckily for all of us, Robyn has
over the years established a tremendous body of work and
brought many people into a movement that will continue to
grow.  Even as we mourn her passing, we can carry on her work
and dedication to creating systemic change and building life-affirming
alternatives in our local and global communities.
 
Some kind of event will be held in the near future to
remember Robyn and honor her life.  I will post an
announcement when details are available.
 
I would be happy to gather messages for her family,
especially her son David, if folks would like to send them.
 
We in New York City will also be planning some sort of event
in Robyn's memory, to be held later in the year, and will
welcome the participation of all who knew Robyn or were
touched by her work.

 
Kathy Lawrence
Executive Director
Just Food, NYC Sustainable Food System Alliance
290 Riverside Drive #15D
New York, NY 10025-5287
 
Tel/Fax: 212 666 2168
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Kathy Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:57:45 -0800 (PST)

IN my previous message about Robyn Van En, I mistakenly said that
Robyn was the co-founder of CSA of North American.

Robyn was *the* founder.

If you wish to re-post or re-send this message, please use the following 
corrected version.

Thank you.

Kathy Lawrence