Subject: Int'l exchange farmer needs new "digs"

From: Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:07:23 -0700

**apologies to anyone receiving double copies of this from the SANET list**

MESA, a non-profit organization that sponsors young international farmers
seeking live/work positions with US organic/sustainable host farms, is in
need of a new intern/work position for one of our participants whose
pre-assigned host farm didn't work out.

Jurgita is a friendly, hard-working 25 yr. old Lithuanian woman who has
experience working with Bees, Flowers and Vegetables. Her English is
somewhat limited but improving daily. In exchange for room, board and $675
monthly program fees, MESA's exchange farmers work full time (up to
48hrs/wk) and receive training in organic techniques on their host farms.
MESA uses the program fees to provide our exchange farmers with $300/month
stipends, full health insurance, domestic travel, legal documentation,
coordinator visits and administrative assistance.  

If your farm is interested in finding out more about Jurgita and/or MESA's
program, or if you can suggest any leads (especially in the Western US),
please respond ASAP. We're hoping to locate a wonderful new host soon!

Thank you.

Lauren E. Augusta, Executive Director
Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture (MESA)
5337 College Ave., Ste. 508
Oakland, CA 94618
Tel. #510-654-8858
email: [email-masked]