Subject: Institutions & CSAs

From: [email-masked] (Sarah Milstein)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 14:44:02 -0500

Hi, folks. 
 
Has anyone out there had any experience selling CSA shares to institutions
(distributors, restaurants, schools, hospitals) or engaging in any other
alternative economy with institutions?  If so, what was your arrangement
and how did it work?   
 
I'm exploring this question with a farmer and we'd love some creative
input. 
 
Thanks much. 
 
Sarah Milstein

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 22:16:38 -0500 (EST)

> alternative economy with institutions?  If so, what was your arrangement

I have heard it suggested selling shares _through_ food-coops and 
farmer's marketing coops to subscribers. Selling _to_ those organizations 
certainly sounds like a creative possibility.

I would imagine there ought to be many schools, restaurants and distributors
whould would entertain the idea of subscribing. Success would depend on
the openmindedness and dietary flexibility of their clients.

:
Lawrence F. London, Jr., Venaura Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA 
[email-masked] - http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london
[email-masked] - http://www.interpath.net/~london 
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/Elsewhere.html - Links Page
Organic Gardening, CSA & Permaculture Information
: