Subject: Re: Institutions & CSAs

From: [email-masked] (Rollo Silver)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:50:35 -0700

Lawrence,
Please forgive my ignorance, but

1. Is there an FAQ or something to let a newbie get up to speed on this
listserv?

2. What does "CSA" stand for?

>On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Sarah Milstein wrote:
>
>> Has anyone out there had any experience selling CSA shares to institutions
>> (distributors, restaurants, schools, hospitals) or engaging in any other
>> alternative economy with institutions?  If so, what was your arrangement
>> and how did it work?
>
>I have heard it suggested selling shares _through_ food-coops and
>farmer's marketing coops to subscribers. Selling _to_ those organizations
>certainly sounds like a creative possibility.
>
>I would imagine there ought to be many schools, restaurants and distributors
>whould would entertain the idea of subscribing. Success would depend on
>the openmindedness and dietary flexibility of their clients.

Rollo Silver                | e-mail: [email-masked]                  |
Artvark                     | Home page: http://www.artvark.com/artvark/ |
PO Box 219                  | Voice: 505-586-0197                        |
San Cristobal, NM 87564 USA | Compuserve 71174,1453                      |
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=