Subject: Host farms needed!

From: Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:52:30 -0800

>----- Forwarded message (Multinational Exchange for Sustainable
Agriculture <[email-masked]>) -----< 
 -----------------BRING THE WORLD TO YOUR DOOR----------------------  
MESA, a non-profit, USIA-designated international exchange organization, is
now interviewing sustainable/organic growers, ag. extension agents and CSAs
to host young international farmers seeking live/work positions on your
farm/facility for one full year (6 months placements are available too).
MESA's Russian, Lithuanian, Honduran and Guatemalan candidates are
agriculturally skilled and want to improve their knowledge in sustainable
practices, thus promoting eco-farming around the world.  
We are now seeking qualified hosts in the Western region of the U.S., but
we'll welcome inquiries from anywhere in the U.S. Host farms provide room,
board and a $675/month program fee (or $800/month w/room only). The program
fee enables MESA to provide its international farmers with $300/month
stipends, health  
insurance, educational seminars, J-1 visas, domestic travel and
administrative support. Host farms have no payroll taxes or legal
documentation concerns---plus a very reliable and enthusiastic individual
working full-time on your farm!   
 
We have just 3-4 more openings left, and we must secure placements for our
international farmers ASAP!  If you would like to receive specific
information about any of our applicants, please send us a brief
introduction with your full address and telephone #, or contact:  
  
>Lauren Augusta, Executive Director  
>MESA  
>5337 College Ave., ste. #508  
>Oakland, CA 94618  
>(510)654-8858  
>email: [email-masked]  
>  
>************************************************************************* 
 
-- 
([email-masked])