Subject: Selling CSA SHARES

From: Spring Toms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 19:41:27 -0800 (PST)

I am trying something new. I am giving out three GIFT CERTIFICATES every 
week to friends of current members. Members call me and give me the name 
of their friend who is interested in possibly subscribing. I have made up 
a nice but simple certificate (3 to the page) and print them up on card 
stock. I print in the recipients name, the host's name, and the date they 
can pick up a SHARE. I thank them for their interest in CSA and sign my name.

I usually mail them with a flier about the farm and CSA. It looks neat. 
It looks official, and they get one week of free hands on experience with 
my CSA.

I got the idea last year when everyone was in the process of going on 
vacation. I encouraged them to give their SHARE to a friend for the weeks 
they were away. Several people signed up after a week or two of trying it 
out.

I'll see how it goes, but already several members have been interested in 
being able to "give this gift" to some of their friends.

Richard Roth
R farm
1318 Bruce Street
Chico, CA 95928