Subject: Re: Composting

From: [email-masked] (Kathy Lawrence)
Date: 8 Jan 1995 17:37:02 -0000

Sonia,

As an organizational member of NESAWG, the U. Mass Cooperative
Extension Program Agro-ecology Program area should have received a
NESAWG Member Directory. (Check with Stephen Herbert).

In the Directory you'll find a number of NESAWG member
organizations that have developed or are working on sustainable
agriculture-related curricula.  These include:

The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (K-6
curriculum), Contact Nancy Ross (207) 622-3118

Northeast Organic Farming Association - Connecticut Contact
Suzanne Duesing through Kim Stoner (203) 789 7246

Politics of Food Contact Alison Clarke (716) 244 2711

University of Vermont Center for Sustainable Agriculture Contact
Kate Duesterberg (802) 656 0037

Two other women who have done a lot of work with elementary
education, agriculture and composting in particular, are:

Rima Nickell, now at the Center for Sustainable Living, Winston
College (717) 264 4141, and

Ellen Kirby, Brooklyn Botanical Garden/Brooklyn GreenBridge (718)
622 4433 ext. 202

Good luck! I would be interested in the results of your search and
in the curriculum you develop. Please give me a call if I can be
of further help.

Kathy

************************************************************
*  Kathy Lawrence                                          *

*  Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (NESAWG)*
*  NESAWG Education, Outreach and Capacity Building Staff  *
*  10 Prospect Place                                       *
*  Brooklyn, NY  11217                                     *
*  Tel/Fax: 718-622-0746                                   *
*  Email: [email-masked]                            *
************************************************************

>From  [email-masked]  Fri Jan  6 11:37:37 1995 From:
[email-masked] Date: Fri, 06 Jan 1995 13:37:32 -0500 To:
[email-masked] Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT

I have been asked to help develop a curriculum around composting
for grades K-12.  I believe that work has been done on this and
wondered if anyone out there might be able to help me connect with
it.  This project is being initiated by the Conway Grammar School
in Conway, Massachusetts.  If you have any information, please
contact: Sonia Schloemann, Dept. of Plant Pathology, University of
Mass., Amherst, MA, 01003 or at [email-masked].

Thanks millions!

Sonia