Subject: Nov/Dec Land Stewardship Letter

From: [email-masked] (Brian DeVore, LSP)
Date: 28 Dec 1995 17:04:52 -0000

Complimentary copies of the Land Stewardship Letter are available by contacting:
Rebecca Schon Kilde, Land Stewardship Project, 2200 4th St., White Bear Lake, MN
55110.

Members of the Land Stewardship Project (LSP) receive the newsletter as a 
benefit. Annual membership dies are $30.LSP is a private, nonprofit 
organization. The mission of LSP is to foster an ethic of stewardship for 
farmland, to promote sustainable agriculture and to develop sustainable 
communities. 

The Nov/Dec issue of the Land Stewardship Letter includes:

1) "When the Market has no Hidden Price Tags," a feature on the importance of 
creating a sustainable marketing system.

2) "A United Marketing Stand," a commentary by farmer and LSP board member Paul 
Homme discussing ways of developing individual marketing successes into an 
overall sustainable marketing strategy.

3) News items on studies related to hog odors, impact of larger farms on main 
street businesses,the spending habits of a CSA farm and the hidden costs of 
urban sprawl.

4) Farm bill legislative update.

5) An update on LSP's 1000 Friends of Minnesota program.

6) "Locking in local markets," a feature on how local meat lockers can serve as 
allies for farmers trying to market beef, pork and lamb directly.

7) A review of the book, "Make No Small Plans: A Cooperative Revival For Rural 
America," by Lee Egerstrom.

8) The latest resources, opportunities and calendar events.