Subject: Re: Anyone interested in discussing permaculture?
From: Noah G 5.29 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:27:29 -0800
Newsgroups: alt.permaculture

Changing the subject a moment but on track with what follows and a
'perma'nent'culture': You may have notice that I use a lot of 'I'
statements, this is intentional allowing me to take responsibility for
my
actions/beliefs without putting them onto others. "Saying I instead of
'you'
is, at its simplest, a way of reclaiming our experiences for learning.
At
another level it is an act of deep political meaning which shows the
source
of responsibility for actions" (Andy Langford. Permaculture Academy of
GB.
Action Learning Manual 1997)

So, 'I' do not think that the 'anarchic/chaotic' nature can be designed
out.
Classical ecology speaks of the 'balance of nature' and 'ecosystems
being in
equilibrium' - ecology now show us that there is no such thing as
balance or
equilibrium and that ecosystems rely on the flux caused by the chaotic
behaviour
of their occupants as the energy for succession. As a permaculturalist I
attempt to design the channels within a system which keep the energy
created
by the chaos within that system to increase the biodiversity and
resilience
of that system.

BTW check out what Mollison say about chaos and the opportunity it
provides us with in the first couple of pages of the design manual.

<><><>

I feel that we are educated by both physical and spiritual programming
and that if we are to get on we have to design/learn new lessons, new
ways of doing things. A good step in this direction who obviously be
personal (zone 00) adherement to the Pc ethics.