Subject: Elephants and mice

From: "Eugene F. Monaco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:06:19 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:[email-masked]
>Bill says we are an elephant acting like a mouse<

I'm wondering what this really means.  From what I see, as compared to the
transnational corporations with their money and political influence, it
seems like we are mice going up against the giants.
Or perhaps it's because there are many of us but we are all atomized,
implying that we should be organized with all the risks associated
therewith.
Any bites on this one?
Gene Monaco

---

From: Lee Flier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:09:55 -0500

>implying that we should be organized with all the risks associated

Yes, that was the impression I got when I heard Bill say the same thing out
in California.  He seems to feel that the potential power of all of us
cooperating together is stunning, but we can't take advantage of it because
we are currently too fragmented.  After seeing the convergence of
incredible people who attended the California course, I'd be inclined to
agree.  I believe there is energy and money and manpower enough out there
to accomplish a great deal.  

I don't think Bill was implying by this comment that we should all get
"organized" in any systematic way, so much as that we could pool our
resources in certain instances to increase our advantages - e.g. the credit
union which I think is a great idea.  Also to create non-hierarchical
networking opportunities, via computer and other methods, so that we can
gain from each other's experiences and not continually re-invent the wheel
if we don't have to.  All of these would be valuable without imposing any
rigorous "organization" on us.

= Lee =

==================================
Lee A. Flier
[email-masked]
http://lflier.home.mindspring.com
Atlanta and Ellijay, Georgia, U.S.A.

---

From: Lee Flier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:09:55 -0500

= Lee =