Subject: Re: Small scale Threshers & Heirloom Grains (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:00:45 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:10:52 -0400
From: Alex McGregor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Small scale Threshers & Heirloom Grains

Someone posted a query about small scale grain harvesting equipment
(must have deleted it). I picked up the new Acres USA and on the front
is an article on small scale grain harvesting equipment! It includes
machines from PTO to walk behind to treadle powered threshers. Acres- PO
Box 91299, Austin, TX 78709, 1-800-355-5313.

It was written by Eugene Canales, owner of Ferrari Tractor, PO Box 1045,
Gridley, CA 95948, 530-846-6401.

Also, for heirloom grain seed:
    Bountiful Gardens, 18001 Shafer Ranch Rd., Willits, CA 95490-9626,
or
    KUSA Seed Foundation, 330 South Pueblo, Ojai CA 93023

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:31:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/99 2:35:27 AM, [email-masked] writes:

<<
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> There is also a fat book from ITDG called TOOLS FOR AGRICULTURE that lists 
> such including suppliers, rather like a catalog.  So you would get all food 
> powered pumps together, etc., and choose among them for features and 
> closeness of the supplier.   The book has been updated repeatedly so it is 
> generally quite useful.

Wonderful reference; this is what I've been looking for. What is ITDG and
where can I buy a copy of this book. Does it include handtools?

Tnx,

LL>>

It is INTERMEDIATE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT GROUP and they have major bases in 
London and NY.  the NYC address is:
ITDG/Bootstrap Press
777 United Nations Plaza #3C
NY NY 10017 USA

I don't have an email address.

This info is from our directory, TRIP (The Resources of International 
Permaculture).

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses, 
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence 
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, 
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at 
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers 
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html

---