Subject: Re: what came first?

From: "Lynn Bramwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:32:54 +0000

RE>> what came first?                        6/10/99
OK, I give.  How do we get off this listserve?  Do I have to spam it
repeatedly until enough folks complain?  It's a bit annoying to be
receiving all this unsolicited email.  Please help because it's starting
to become a trifle bit frustrating.  Thanks once again, Lynn

--------------------------------------
Date: 6/10/99 3:30 PM
To:  Custodian
From:  [email-masked]
Thanks patrick.  I give a section in my Permaculture Design Course on 
aesthetics and the function of aesthetics and the capability of the
aesthetic 
aspect of our mind to work with far more variables than the poor, 
simple-minded analytic function can achieve.  If it feels beautiful--go
for 
it.  But keep to appropriate scale until the analytic aspect of your brain 
checks for screw ups.  Well, always keep to appropriate scale, but that is 
always much smaller until you acquire experiences that validate and refine 
your design choices.  There are other issues that impinge on the topic, to 
say the least.  However the least is all I want to say for now because I 
don't have time to give a section of my course.  However we do give it
online 
once a year.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design
Courses, 
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual
correspondence 
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, 
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at 
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture
Teachers 
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html

In a message dated 6/10/99 4:28:50 AM, you wrote:

<<what came first? 
nature did.  
can anyone seperate the functional from the beautiful in nature?

if it doesn't work then it is not beautiful,
if it isn't beautiful it does not work.

Strive to embody these characteristics as embodied perfectly in nature (in 
the biggest sense), 
and you will likely acieve what your heart truly desires.

have a nice day!

patrick

[Message ID: -1283093863]
[Internet header:]
10 Jun 1999 12:00:48 UT
Received: from pcfirewall.peacecorps.gov (199.100.230.100) by
 osmail.peacecorps.gov with SMTP (Eudora Internet Mail Server 2.2.2); Thu,
10
 Jun 1999 08:06:22 -0500
Received: from manatee.envirolink.org ([208.195.208.7]) by
pcfirewall.peacecorps.gov
          via smtpd (for osmail.peacecorps.gov [199.100.193.50]) with
SMTP; 10 Jun 1999 12:00:35 UT
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:02:29 EDT
Subject: Re:  what came first?
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Yount <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:19:19 -0700

Anyone who wishes to leave the envirolink permaculture list
is welcome to write to me privately.

Patience is encouraged.

Michael
[email-masked]

 :}OK, I give.  How do we get off this listserve?  Do I have to spam it
 :}repeatedly until enough folks complain?  It's a bit annoying to be
 :}receiving all this unsolicited email.  Please help because it's starting
 :}to become a trifle bit frustrating.  Thanks once again, Lynn
 :}