Subject: Armadillos, was Re: Safer soap

From: Loren Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:34:40 -0800

At 09:22 AM 11/24/97 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:

>Meanwhile, my main pest is a bit larger than a caterpillar.  Any ideas on how
>to control, or better to harvest, armadillos?  

Hmmm...how about encouraging the alligators to harvest them?  If this works,
perhaps they would then serve as a "trap crop" for the alligators, which
would then possibly allow you to raise ducks?

Loren,
who was entirely unaware that armadillos existed in Florida
--
Loren Davidson      
[email-masked]         http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
"In the Army, they give you a medal for spraying NAPALM on people.
In civilian life, they'll throw you in jail for giving someone an orgasm..."
				-George Carlin on Prostitution

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:08:55 -0500 (EST)

>who was entirely unaware that armadillos existed in Florida

Armidillos have well defined tastes and encouragement to them takes forms I
can only tremble to try to imagine.  I suppose I could slaughter some dogs
and rub the armadillos in their fat, but if I could get close enough to do
that, I wouldn't need help from the alligators.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next Live program:  Paraguay, 9/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.