Subject: New small farm marketing book (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:01:41 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 20:41:06 -0500
From: Jeff Ishee <[email-masked]>

New Book Announcement

Title: Dynamic Farmers' Marketing: A Guide to Successfully Selling Your
Farmers' Market Products

by Jeff W. Ishee
Softbound, 129 pages
Published by Bittersweet Farmstead (540) 886-8477
e-mail:[email-masked]
Published July 1, 1997
Dimensions: 8 1/2 x 11
ISBN: 09656890x
List price: $14.95

  This new non-fiction work from market gardener and farm radio
broadcaster Jeff Ishee addresses the explosive growth of public farmers'
markets in the United States and how family-scale farmers can capitalize
on this trend. Step-by-step procedures for vendors, market management
and new market organizers.

Initial reviews include:
"Packed with information. My kind of book! It has so much good
information, I think I should make it mandatory each one (of our
vendors) buy a copy." - Lynn Wettach, Market Master, St. Augustine,
Florida

" . . . the sort of thing that makes me want to become a farmer. With
this his first book, Jeff Ishee has done a great service to the movement
to reestablish the small family farm as an economically viable way of
life in America. I hope this will not be the last we see of Jeff as an
author. It is excellent." - Robert Green, Editor and Publisher, QYLM and
Provider Books

"A practical and fun to read book on a crucial topic. Anyone who sells
or thinks they may in the future sell farm products needs a copy of
this." - Gwen Roland, Communications Specialist, SARE, University of
Georgia