Subject: Own.eco.permaculture

From: "Michael Miller & Ute Bohnsack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:06:05 -0000

Hi April,
I'm not a guy! I know it's a funny name (outside northern Europe anyway)
and I'm almost always addressed as Mr. Bohnsack... and when people
eventually talk on the phone to me they always ask for my husband... It
seems, when unsure it's less offensive to adress a female as a male than
the other way 'round. Strange. No offence meant. Just wondering about why
that is so.
Anyway this is off-topic.

About the newsgroup: I did reply and there were 10 messages yesterday - not
a lot. I think the group is unknown - even Larry London didn't know it , it
seems.
We have this forum but then for people who wander in cyberspace and don't
go as far as checking out the ML it might be a more suitable forum. If it
was renamed to "own.garden.permaculture" or "own.farming.permaculture" it
might even be hit upon by keen gardeners and farmers who otherwise simply
wouldn't find the list and thus might never hear about pc. I know pc is
much broader than *just* gardening or farming but it seems to me that that
is the sort of entry point for most people. You know what I mean?
As I said I don't know who is behind the newsgroup so I don't know who to
address with this suggestion.

Any ideas / comments?

Cheers,
Ute

----------
> From: April Sampson-Kelly <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Signing off this list for now
> Date: 22 January 1998 06:40
> 
> Ute - our you the guy in Ireland,
> gosh, I wish I had a face to put with the names.
> recently I posted on that own.eco.perm.... list
> and asked "is anybody out there"
> and no-one replied.
> does this mean there was just me? or were you lurking in there!!:>
> April
[snip]

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:24:54 +0000

Im sorry I missed the address for the newsgroup, can somebody
backchannel me.  thanks.

miekal

I also plan to thro my comments in about online permaculture training,
but have been buried in a big discussion on the poetics list & cant pull
myself down to earth....

_____________________________________
Dreamtime Village
http://www.net22.com/dreamtime/index.shtml

QAZINGULAZA: And/Was/Wakest website:
http://net22.com/qazingulaza/index.html

email for DT & And/Was: [email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:05:27 -0500 (EST)

> address with this suggestion.

Wasn't this and the rest of the own.*.* newsgroups started and managed by
Thilo Pfennig (in Germany? Denmark?)? I know that he _did_ start
a whole heirarchy of newsgroups (eco, pc & social activist), and was
serving them from his own machine. He probably reads this list.

Thilo, are you around? 

LL

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:24:54 +0000

miekal

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:05:27 -0500 (EST)

Thilo, are you around? 

LL