Subject: happy new year

From: NSPU <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 15:36:42 +0700

WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 1999.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND SOLIDARITY WHICH HAS HELPED US TO
WORK SMOOTHLY IN ACHIEVING OUR GOAL.

In the Name of Peasant and International Solidarity,

Muhammad Harris Putra
General Secretary of SPSU/NSPU
Jl. Karya Jasa 58 Pangkalan Masyhur
Medan, Sumatera Utara 21043
Indonesia
Tel/Fax: +62 (061) 7862073
Email : [email-masked]
********************************************
Serikat Petani Sumatera Utara/SPSU (North Sumatra Peasant Union/NSPU) is

the federation of peasant consists of 80 local peasant organizations in
North Sumatera Province as its member.SPSU was declared by the peasant
of North Sumatera in Parsariran, South Tapanuli District, North Sumatera

Province Indonesia on June 3 1994. SPSU is member of La Via Campesina
(International Peasant Movement) at International Level, and member of
Consortium for Agrarian Reform (KPA) at National Level. SPSU is founder
and member of Federasi Serikat Petani Indonesia/FSPI (Federation of
Indonesian Peasant Union/FIPU). FSPI or FIPU declared on July 8th 1998
by several peasant organization of Indonesia. SPSU has two main bodies :

Peasant Representative Board as the legislative body and The Peasant
Executive Body. Both of them are elected by Congress directly. In order
to implement its program  SPSU will set up the Special Task Force and
recruit the Consulates in local, regional, national, and international
level. Special task force and Consulates are the supporting system of
The Peasant Executive body consists of everyone and every institutions
who concern to the Agrarian Reform, Indegenous People, Sustainable
Agriculture, Democracy, and Peasant Movement.
********************************************