Subject: Re: New collaborative permaculture website, http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture

From: miekal and <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:38:23 -0600

what type of collaboration are you speaking of larry, submitting links?
makng pages? making virtual site tours?  

miekal

driftless dreamtime / zone 4

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:01:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, miekal and wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:38:23 -0600
> From: miekal and <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: New collaborative permaculture website,
     http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture
> makng pages? making virtual site tours?  

All of the above and more, information, graphics, links. Part of this
project will include creating a free online permaculture "course of
study". No accreditation will be given but, hopefully, lots of resources
will be made available for superficial and in-depth study of permaculture
and for those wanting to learn enough to effectively put it to work in
the field or build a solid foundation for long-term study and practice.   

One  of the more challenging aspects of this work will consist of
putting collected useful information into an online searchable database.
MetaLab runs MySQL and PHP. I am hoping we will be able to make good
use of this for the time being and migrate to something else
state-of-the-art as new software gets developed (no doubt about that).

I hope to glean the best from my own archives to put into a structured
array of PC resources. Anyone wanting to contribute in similar
fashion is welcome to do so.

What ideas do you have for this website?

LL 

---

---

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

> makng pages? making virtual site tours?  

Oh yeah, I forgot. I will create a "communications center" in this
page to connect everyone to:
1) Participating websites also hosting a similar "communications center"
2) Key PC websites
3) PC mailing lists, webforums and newsgroup(s)
4) Contact info for PC educational resources
5) Email addresses for anyone wanting to be listed

LL

---