Subject: Orchard Mason Bees

From: Kirk Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:00:08 -0700

I'd like to introduce someone to the virtues of the orchard mason bee. 
 Does anybody know of a good on-line source of information - a site that 
might offer a good write-up or something?

Thanks,

Kirk Hanson
Director, Permaculture West
72 Mattson Rd.
Oakville, WA 98568
ph/fx: (360) 273-7117
[email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Diver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:04:31 +0000

> might offer a good write-up or something?

Have you seen the ATTRA publication.... 

Alternative Pollinators:  Native Bees 
Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas (ATTRA) 
http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/nativebee.html

It's in there! 

Steve Diver

---

From: Toby Hemenway <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:03:04 -0700

>might offer a good write-up or something?

Kirk: I haven't looked at these sites specifically for mason bees, but they
always seem to have info on most ag-related topics.

There's  "Farmer's Guide to the Internet" at
http://208.235.89.130/Farmers_Guide/Agriculture/, which has a subsection
titled "entomology" that might work.

 also try http://ipmwww.ncsu.edu/cernag/cern.html which is "The World Wide
Web Virtual Library of Agriculture." They're heavy on IPM data, and should
yield lots of good stuff.

And then there's "Not Just Cows" at http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
which has a ton of links to ag data.

I hope this helps. They're good general resources too.

Toby