Subject: Permaculture Landscaping Position Available

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 01:25:48 -0400

From: [email-masked] (Rboylan2)
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture
Subject: Permaculture Landscaping Position Available
Date: 02 Sep 1999 03:00:40 GMT

Heartwood Institute, a massage and healing arts school near Garberville,
California, seeks a landscaper with experience in Permaculture design and
organic farming to help work the grounds of its 240 acre campus. The
landscaper
would work with a crew of two others to perform all aspects of
groundskeeping
at the school.

Tasks include:
- building soil fertility through composting, mulching, and the like
- planting and tending 16 ornamental gardens (edible  and medicinal
ornamentals
are encouraged)
- caring for approximately 75 fruit trees in two orchards
- initiating erosion control projects in gullies and on steep hillsides
-reforesting denuded areas of the campus
-a good bit of general clean-up and grunt work like scything and/or
weedwhacking, putting up fences, clearing paths, etc.

Applicants should be in good physical shape, have prior experience in these
areas, and be willing to work outdoors in extreme weather (lots of rain and
cold in the winter and long, hot, dry summers). A strong desire to live and
work in a residential educational community, an easygoing nature, and a
sense
of humor are also valuable.

Compensation includes a stipend of $300 per month, room on campus (could be
dorm room, trailer, yurt, or other), and three absolutely delicious meals
(mostly vegetarian, fish approximately once a week) per day. Heartwood staff
are also able to take yoga, tai chi, bodywork and other classes without
paying
tuition, and also make use of all Heartwood facilities (sauna, hot tub,
treatment rooms,  etc.). The Heartwood community is nurturing, wholesome,
sometimes a little nutty, but overall wonderful.

To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:

Richard Boylan
220 Harmony Lane
Garberville, CA 95542

For more information, e-mail me ([email-masked]) or call (707) 923-1411
(this
is the maintenance office number, so you'll have to leave a message since
I'm
always outside).

Thanks,
Richard

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]