Subject: Re: PC Diploma

From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:54:03 -0800

Dear Folks at the Permaculture Magazine.. could you please pass this on to
Andy Langford at the PC Academy.

My wife and I teach permaculture in tropical Australia - we have been
teaching for the last five years.

I have been fortunate to have received a copy of the Uk Academy "Action
Learning Manual".  I think it is brilliant.  I want to personally
thank Andy and whoever else was involved in preparing this manual... I have
taken a lot from it that we will use to make the follow up period after our
courses much more effective.   Thank you, Thank you... you have certainly
helped provide some useful structure for post course blues... What to do
after the two week course?

My only criticism is that it is full of new unnecessary jargon... because
of that I sat on this important information for 3 months without looking at
it.  Then I nearly put it down again.   My view is that the jargon, while
useful, doesn't belong in the main manual... except as an appendix perhaps,
or as extensive footnotes for those who are ready for more detailed
information e.g. Action Learning, action learning pathway, sets.  Again
with the complex fee structure, it's great, but does the pc grad really
need to know all the inner workings, except as a footnote?

Once again, congratulations on a very important job well done.

Cheers, 
Rene van Raders
Rene and Lorraine van Raders
The Green Piece Permaculture Garden
PO Box 389
Malanda, Beautiful Far North Queensland
4885 Australia
Int.  61 740 965138
Australia 07 40 965138
email  [email-masked]
"If enough people knock there heads against a brick wall it will fall
down."
Ashleigh Brilliant