Subject: Welcome to Organic Gardening.

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:42:08 -0400 (EDT)

Welcome to the Organic Gardening mailing list!

This list, [email-masked], along with 
[email-masked] and [email-masked]
originates at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.

Generic subscription information is as follows; insert list name
in the appropriate places:

=========================================
Organic Gardening Mailing List at U.N.C.:
[email-masked]
=========================================
Here are brief subscription instructions plus a few urls for 
details about the U.N.C. listserver (uses the ListProc software).
Use this page to find out name & email ID you are subscribed with, 
in case you don't remember and want to unsubscribe from the list.
-    
To subscribe to a list, either use the WILP page:
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.unc.edu/courses/ssp/wilp/
or more specifically:
http://www.unc.edu/courses/ssp/wilp/user_sub_unsub.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
At this URL you'll find the complete usage docs for UNC's Listserver:
http://help.unc.edu/cgi-bin/getdocs?docnumber=ieg08
or just start at http://help/unc.edu
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Or manually subscribe by email:
-------------------------------
 
Address your request to subscribe to homestead to: 
[email-masked]. 

i.e., send email to:
[email-masked]
Leave the Subject: line blank. 

In the body of the message, type, if you're subscribing:
subscribe organic-gardening yourname
or, if you're unsubscribing type: 
unsubscribe organic-gardening yourname
(you can also use the words unsub or signoff)

For example: 
subscribe organic-gardening Bob Smith
or:
unsubscribe organic-gardening Bob Smith

To post to all the subscribers of the list:
-------------------------------------------

Send your article by email to:
[email-masked]

IMPORTANT:
==========
Write down and save the email ID and name you subscribed with.
If you ever need to unsubscribe this info will be necessary.
This list is configured to only allow subscribers to 
post articles.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - InterGarden - Venaura Farm
 mailto:[email-masked] - mailto:[email-masked]
 list owner: permaculture, organic-gardening; co-owner: homestead
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html
------------------------------------------------------------------