Subject: Apprentices Needed (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:43:41 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:04:36 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Apprentices Needed

APPRENTICES NEEDED at Quail Hill Community Farm, a 150 member, pick-your-own,
CSA program which grows mixed vegetables, extensive cover crops, raspberries,
apple and young peach orchards on 25 certified organic acres, and maintains a
small flock of laying hens.  The farm also generates income by managing
another 80 acres.  This involves seeding fields, field mowing, garden design
and maintenance, and composting.

Apprentice tasks include: planting, cultivation, greenhouse upkeep,
harvesting, care of tools and tractors, and supervision of the farm members,
who pick the bulk of their own shares.

Work week is 5 1/2 days, which includes Saturday member harvest day.  Off
farm housing only is avialable.  Stipend is $250 per week, which includes a
housing allowance.

Quail Hill farm is a project of the Peconic Land Trust, a nonprofit
conservation organization which has protected over 2000 acres of land on
Eastern Long Island.  The farm is located on a 192 acre preserve in
Amagansett, NY, minutes from dunes and ocean beaches.

Interested, hard working persons please contact Scott Chaskey by phone:
516-267-8492 or regular mail: P. O. Box 2088, Southampton, NY11969.  Please
do not respond by e-mail.