Subject: Either... or

From: Jack Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:17:12 -0500

Re: different course formats...

In an infinite universe, there are an infinite number of 'best' ways to do
any one thing... handy, eh? 

Patterns, I think, are the very crux of permaculture -- especially in the
beginner's context. The rest is details. I think it is easy, however, to
underestimate the ability of some people to embrace the concepts... we are
beginning to absorb various permutations of the core ideas by osmosis from
many directions, nowadays. 

All said, seems there are two very different main groups we aim courses
at... 

One group is persons unfamiliar with the concepts of permaculture. A
two-week, brain-smashing design course may be hard to beat here. Some are
moved to action, some find themselves in a transformed world with almost no
footing, others I've seen -- even at Mr. Mollison's courses -- are close to
unaffected.

Speaking of details, though... another group of people have taken the
design course or have worked trying to change social or ag structures. I
think these folks need to band together and share tools oriented toward
specific tasks. Any number of days would be suitable to some one or another
level of this sort of sharing.

?

Jack Rowe

Question Reality!