Subject: Re: Final Query: Caribbean/Mexican PCSites

From: YankeePerm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:28:06 EST

In a message dated 12/28/97 12:47:31 PM, you wrote:

<<Thank you for all the great feedback on my info request. Because of 
recent days, my plans to go to Chiapas are have changed.

I'm very interested in whether anyone can refer me to Caribbean Island 
permasites, or who has recommendations for the Yucatan/Belize/Guatamala 
area (if I fly into Cancun).

I welcome feedback ASAP, as Dec. 31 is the 
 deadline for my ticket booking arrangements.

        I'm looking for a welcoming permaplace/community to visit 
starting 
        February 10. My grandfather's 97th birthday calls me to Florida, 
and 
        I'll be using a frequent-flyer award which will also take me to 
        Caribbean islands  or Mexico. 

        I want to work/learn while I'm there, initiating relationships 
for 
        university students to do internships, visit, etc. I can spend a 
mimimum 
        of federal dollars during this field trip.

        Many thanks,
        Akiva

Hi Akiva:

Good permaculture design would have all the info you need well in advance of
the trip.  I don't have the list you request at hand.  We do publish a
directory with about 2067 entries as of this morning, but to search the
specific requirements you specify is more work than I want to do for free.
You might try Permaculture International Journa, at [email-masked]
They publish a list of strictly permaculture groups.  It is always very
obsolete, the day after printing, but they may have someone with time to look
up the info you want.

I suggest that you buy our directory, theirs, or both, as they do not overlap
much, before you plan your next trip.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next Live program:  Paraguay,
8/10-22/98. Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway,
P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html