Subject: Mycorrhizae use (fwd)

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 01:27:39 -0400 (EDT)

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:15:20 -1000
From: Michael Robotham <[email-masked]>
To: SANET-MG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Mycorrhizae use

Dear list members,

I forwarded a message from this thread to Shannon Peters, one of our
graduate students who works with mycorrhizae.  She passed along the
following information on a good reference book available on the topic:

"There is actually a good reference put out by the Forest
Service called The Container Tree Nursery Manual - Volume 5, that deals
with those issues in depth and with some good scientific as well 
as practical knowledge. If you want to pass the info along to the listserv
the specific reference is USDA Forest Service, Agriculture Handbook 674,
"The Container Tree Nursery Manual - Volume 5: Biological Influences -
Nursery Pests and Mycorrhizae" corresponding author Thomas D. Landis."

If you would like additional information, please contact her directly at 
[email-masked].

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Robotham, Ph. D.		Phone:	(808) 956-6835 (office)
Education Specialist				(808) 956-2617 (workroom)
Agronomy and Soil Science		Fax:	(808) 956-6539
University of Hawaii at Manoa		Email:	[email-masked]
1910 East-West Road		Home Page: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mikerobo
Honolulu, HI 96822 USA

...none but ourselves can free our minds (Bob Marley--Redemption Song)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:37:40 -0700

hey get rich soil under growing strong plants of the species in question and
pop in to the container   soil as inoculum  ?   no usda bulletin on whats in
that eh
----------
>From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
>To: "permaculture" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Mycorrhizae use (fwd)
>Date: Thu, Jun 3, 1999, 10:27 PM
>

>You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]

---

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:38:36 -0700

shannan  what can we do to Mycorrhizae the banana?
----------

---

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:39:39 -0700

Some domesticated species are presently out of the mycorrhizal loop  que
pasa  SP
----------

---

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:42:58 -0700

Hey how about putting ants and carbon first with a few plants and worms  
and let them do the inoculation   nudgie  jungle  shaman wisdommm  in a pot 
?   Talk to the mato grosso  amazon  jungle interface indians and they will
tell you a few stories on mycorrhizal party principles  eh nudgie  Sonoperm
----------

---

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:44:40 -0700

What is the species of ant that fortells the time to plant maize in southern
mexico  isnt indigenouswisdom  nature fun Sonoperm didactic committeee ?
----------

---

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:45:49 -0700

Say what about that maize ant is it a fungal fiester?
----------

---

---

From: "Sal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 07:26:31 -0700

good point.  I remember reading where when the folks came west in the USA
some took fruit trees with them.  those that planted trees with dirt from
back east had good luck because not only did they bring the trees but the
earth and the soil life that was keeping that tree alive.  It would seem to
me that if one wanted to make a inoculum for bananas one could find a great
growing banana and take some of the soil from there and as u point out throw
that dirt into the new hole.  is that what u mean Jeremy?

--

Jeremy Sharp <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:20275@permaculture...

---