Subject: Intro to Permaculture Design, Oct. 8-10, Ojai, CA (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:46:08 EDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Intro to Permaculture Design, Oct. 8-10, Ojai, CA

hi everybody -- please help us spread the word on our october workshop at 
ojai foundation, described below.  
if the course fee is an obstacle for anyone, i will work with them to find a 
way so they can participate...

eric w

An introduction to Permaculture Design
October 8-10, 1999 at Ojai Foundation, Ojai CA

Permaculture is an elegant integration of designs to sustainably provide for 
human needs. These designs are based on nature’s patterns and energy flows. 
Participants will gain an understanding of this natural design approach 
through presentations, discussions, site observation and hands-on practice. 

The workshop begins Friday evening with a discussion and slide show overview 
of permaculture design principles. Saturday, we will explore ways to apply 
permaculture design to improve our soil fertility, water, energy, and food 
systems. Sunday activities involve a walkabout examinations of these designs 
on the Ojai Foundation’s diverse grounds and settings. The weekend experience 
will conclude with participants developing community-based networking 
strategies for continuing to help each other apply this practice in our 
evolving lifestyles.

Cost: $245 (includes dinner Friday, 3 meals each day, and on-site lodging) 
a limited number of $50 work scholarships/camping discounts are available 

To register, or for more info/questions, please contact the Ojai Foundation, 
805-646-8343
or email Eric Werbalowsky, <[email-masked]>

Instructors include:
David White, Ph.D. is a permaculture teacher at Ojai's Happy Valley School. 
He works to promote permaculture design in the Ojai Valley and coordinates 
the Ojai Permaculture Guild.

Akiva Werbalowsky is an experienced organic food and medicine grower. He is a 
founder of the Cal Poly SLO State University permaculture center and the 
Central Coast Permaculture Guild. 

Eric Werbalowsky is a compost evangelist working with business, government 
and community groups. He is an organizer of the South Coast Permaculture 
Guild, promoting education and training.

Plus Ojai Foundation Staff

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]