Subject: dream of life

From: Jane Sooby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:48:15 -0700

Hi, Frank and everyone--

>My dream is to have an old fashioned small scale farm with a variety of farm
>fitted enterprises that work with nature, and is sustainable, and
>economically feasible.

I like Frank sharing his dream. This list is mostly concerned with practical
nuts n bolts information which is inspiring and helpful. Yet sharing our
dreams can help us not only envision more specifically what we would like to
do with our lives and our little spot of land, but inspire others to flow
with their own dreams of an ideal place.

My dream is to return to New Mexico and have a little patch of land where I
grow mesquite, chile, and cannabis (once it's a legal crop). The combination
of agroforestry with the mesquite and organic chile production for culinary
and medicinal use really excites me! I hope to attempt to utilize the
rainfall as efficiently as possible by constructing catchment systems and
irrigating when necessary. This chile farm is my dream, and I hope that it
will be a model of producing crops from land that has marginal use in the
conventional system.

There's a lot to learn to put this dream into reality--once I have my place,
you bet I'll be seeking more specific information from the permaculture
community.

Frank, I think your dream is beautiful and attainable. Go for it!

Jane Sooby

University of Nebraska-Lincoln alternative crops research technician
Nebraska Sustainable Agriculture Society western organizer

High Plains Ag Lab
3257 Rd. 109
Sidney, NE  69162

308-254-3918
308-254-2402 (FAX)
308-254-0725 (HOME)

---

From: [email-masked] (Jocelyn J. Paquette Bob Ewing)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:31:08 -0500 (EST)

I have a dream similiar to Frank's a small
piece of land on which we can live (2 people)
and sustain ourselves.

Bob ewing
[email-masked]
Thunder Bay, ON

---

From: "Charland, Stacy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:35:08 -0500

Me three... but I'd like enough extra land to allow some completely
natural areas too...

Stacy H. Charland
[email-masked]

">Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
						-unknown

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	[email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Friday, November 21, 1997 3:31 PM
	To:	[email-masked]
	Cc:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re:  dream of life

	Bob ewing
	[email-masked]
	Thunder Bay, ON