Subject: Re: [Fwd: Naturally Occurring Carcinogens]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 10:22:38 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/28/97 11:18:42 AM, you wrote:

>Does anyone have some comments regarding the impact on the bioshpere
>of the production and use of synthetic pesticides?  

Some ancient Rodale research concluded that highly organic soils tend to
break down synthetics much more quickly than less organic, biologically
active soils.  This was even pronounced in the case of materials that are
decay resistant.   

While the source may be regarded as prejudiced, the question is, Compared to
what?  Maybe someone in PA can get permission to search their library for the
report, starting in the late sixties and early seventies.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next Live program:  Paraguay, 8/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.