Subject: Re: Plant awareness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:41:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi, 

Thanks Milo for sharing your orchard and bamboo experiences. Made good
reading.
Regarding bamboo...is there any special variety that you would recommend that
is fast growing, produces strong wood that could be used for fencing, other
farm purposes, that is fairly easy to grow in Zones 6 and 7, and that stands
heavy pruning? Whew that's a mouthful.

Oh and I forgot to add...is not as invasive as some varieties which can soon
take over a site?

Also does shredded bamboo make good mulch. Thanks. Best wishes for a happy
Thanksgiving to all. frank

---

From: Michael Broili <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:23:22 -0800

> Thanksgiving to all. frank

Frank:

Check out "Bamboos for Shoots & Poles" a bamboo species index.  It lists
30 varieties of bamboo for farms in USDA zones 7, 8, & 9.  It is
published by Bamboo People.  You can order a copy from them through
e-mail address - [email-masked].
-- 
Michael Broili
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Broili <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:23:22 -0800

Frank: