Subject: Job advertisement

From: Russ Grayson + Fiona Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:27:26 +1000

This is an  job that is coming up to develop the Ecoliving project in
combination with the UNSW community garden:

Ecoliving Project Coordinator

FACILITIES DEPARTMENT University of NSW

REF. 229NET

 FIXED TERM - Total Remuneration: Level 6: A$46,928 - A$51,845 per year.
(Salary Level 6: A$39,655 - A$43,810 per
year plus up to 17% employer superannuation plus leave loading.)

The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating the
Ecoliving Project, which aims to develop and document best practice
participatory design processes and facilitate environmental research and
education opportunities through the medium of a permaculture house and
garden demonstration facility. The Coordinator will be required to
establish and coordinate a framework for  stakeholder involvement in the
sustainable development of the demonstration facility, facilitate
participatory design processes and promote the formulation of education
and training resources and programs linked with the facility.

Essential criteria: adult education/training and community development
experience; permaculture design certificate/diploma; volunteer
management and conflict resolution skills/experience; excellent written
and verbal communication; familiarity with MS Office software and office
administration skills as well as a knowledge of EEO/AA principles.

Desirable criteria: tertiary qualification in adult education/training;
project management, market research and fundraising skills/experience;
desktop publishing skills; familiarity with the tertiary education
environment.

The position is fixed term to June 2000.

 Enquiries may be directed to Paul Osmond, Environment Program Manager,
 Facilities Department on telephone (02) 9385 1735 or facsimile (02)
9385 1741.

Applications close 28 May 1999.