Subject: Software for planning permaculture systems.

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 11:51:29 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know of any existing software that could 
be used to plan permaculture systems for working farms 
(small or large) or urban/suburban/rural gardens, 
farmscapes, landscapes, wildlife plantings, naturalized 
areas, woodlands and forests?

Lawrence London
mailto:[email-masked]
mailto:[email-masked]
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:47:43 -0600 (CST)

Dear Lawrence London,
	I would be very interested in any info you receive about
permaculter software.  Please forward it to me.
				Sincerely, Jonathan Picard

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Dalsin)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:00:50 GMT

I don't know of any software available but it's an interesting
question.  If you could have software what would it do?
Something like landscape design?  Or maybe a searchable
version of a design manual.  I ask because I'd consider writing
some software if I thought that permaculturalists would really use it.
I think that most people are better served by a good book and contact
with other people.

I was thinking about starting a web site where people could submit
drawings of their own designs and techniques.  A kind of living
book of Permaculture designs.  Perhaps the site could get permission
to use some existing published designs as well.  Books are still the
most useful "software" that I know of but a web site would allow the
occational designer to share with a large number of people.

Comments?  Ideas?  Other information exchange ideas?

Joe Dalsin - [email-masked]