Subject: Western SARE Grant Opportunity

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:51:26 -0400

To: [email-masked] 
     Subject: Calls for Proposals 
     From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Ackermann) 
     Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:43:42 -0400 
     Reply-To: [email-masked] 
     Sender: [email-masked] 

Greetings all!

Just getting into permaculture and enjoying this list very much.
Educational _and_ entertaining ;-)

Got a notice of these research funding opportunities during the course
of
my 9-5 job. Thought some of you might be interested.

Please note that each of these Calls for Proposals have different
criteria
and areas of interest, as well as geographic limitations.

****************************************************************
(from:
http://carousel.lis.uiuc.edu/~iris/iris.htm?sp={Research%20and%20Education%2
0Projects}&fmt=F )

Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) is a USDA
competitive grants program supporting profitable, environmentally sound,
socially acceptable agricultural systems.

Western Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Educ Prog (SARE)
 Research and Education Projects
 The SARE Program's purpose is to encourage research and education to
increase knowledge concerning integrated systems of plant and animal
producation practices having a site specific application that will, over
the long-term: satisfy human food and fiber needs; enhance environmental
quality and the natural resource base upon which the agriculture economy
depends; make the most
efficient use of nonrenewable resources and on-farm resources and
integrate, where appropriate, natural biological cycles and controls;
sustain the economic viability of farm operations; and enhance the
quality
of life for farmers and society as a whole.
DEADLINES ANNOUNCED:          10/29/97
http://ext.usu.edu/wsare/

-- 
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:[email-masked]  
mailto:[email-masked]
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden