Subject: The flame weeder.

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 00:41:15 -0400

The flame weeder
-------------------------
There is a website in Sweden with instruction on proper use of this
tool. The object is to sweep the flame over the foliage to cook it
without burning it to ash. Disabling it in this way make the roots
respond by trying to set out new growth - the energy goes into the
damaged area, fruitlessly trying to regenerate it, instead of creating
new shoots. Over the long term this will sap the strength in the root
system, eventually killing it. 

The flame weeders are available in three models:
1) homeowner unit with small torch head that operates
only on a small disposable propane cylinder - the kind used
with camp stoves and lanterns, and for small plumbing repairs
2) professional unit - general purpose - larger flame head, runs
on 20 pound refillable cylinder, or 100 lb. (I'd recommend 3) for this
size tank)
3) heavy duty professional unit - runs only on 100 pound cylinder

Available mail order from Northern Tool and Equipment
1-800-533-5545 - http://www.northerntool.com
fax: 1-612-894-0083 

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]