Subject: Position Open @ Cal Poly's CRS (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:19:50 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:52:47 -0700
From: Fred Chambers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Position Open @ Cal Poly's CRS

Hello again SA-folks,

As I've written before, many months back, I lived, worked, and studied at
Cal Poly Pomona's John Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies.  It is an
unique facility on the edge of LA County.  You may be amazed by the
infrastructure:  Dish-Sterling, PV's, wind turbine, 98% edible landscaping,
sustainable reclaimed water aquaculture & agriculture, and even a strawbale
greenhouse that doubles as a coolhouse in summer.  But I fell in love with
it because of all the people. The community that grows out of the site is
truely magical.  If you're up to the challenge of organic food production
on LA's urban fringe, this may be a job for you!

I'm just passing the word,
Fred
------------------------------

For Info Write To:  [email-masked]

Cal Poly's Center for Regenerative Studies
http://www.intranet.csupomona.edu/~crs/   is seeking
qualified candidates for the position of Land
Technician. Candidates should have practical hands-on
skills in operating a food system based on
regenerative practices. CV's may be send to the Office
of the Director  (909) 869-5188.

Paul Sommers
Outreach Coordinator

===
Paul Sommers
[email-masked]
760-944-8551

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:54:46 -0700
From: Fred Chambers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Position Open @ Cal Poly's CRS

< ..... snip ..... >   
Surely one of your students has a background in Permaculture, and can help
guide the people at the John T Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies.  The
20-member intentional community needs an experienced farmer who can help
them grow a year-round harvest. The soil, compost, water, animals, and
labor is all there, but they need a permaculturist with experience. Please
pass the word to people you deem worthy.

I connected with Bonnie the secretary at JTLCRS.  Everything is supposed to
go through her office, so she usually knows what's happening.  
Bonnie Namanny <[email-masked]>
Tel:  909-869-5155
Fax:  909-869-5188
According to her, the JTLCRS is running an ad for the position of Land
Technician.   She thinks it was renamed as Site Technician, running as an
emergency temporary position for now.  They do plan to run it as a
full-time probationary appointment very soon. 

You can call Human Resource Services at (909) 869-3733 for the details.  
I couldn't find it at their website yesterday, but maybe it was my
oversight.  visit http://www.csupomona.edu/~hrs/

The hilltop Center is public property, and everyone is welcome to come up
and wander around.  Tours are free, but must be scheduled with Bonnie.
Students are living there now, and they are always friendly and happy to
show people around.  

As I understand it, this position may fill at any time.  I think that's
what 'emergency' means.  Email and phone Paul Sommers.  He's supposed to be
chairing the search committee.
Paul Sommers <[email-masked]>
Tel: 760-944-8551
Fax:  909-869-5188

---