Subject: Re: Khiza'a Permaculture Centre in Gaza Strip

From: Scott Pittman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:00:51 -0700 (PDT)

At 09:51 AM 7/20/99 -0400, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
>To: <[email-masked]> 
>Subject: BBC / Permaculture Gaza 
>From: "AH" <[email-masked]> 
>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:36:57 +0200 
>Cc: <[email-masked]> 
>
>Please Circulate Anouncement
>
Is this date a typo or is this a case of "an hour late and a dollar short".
Scott Pittman

Permaculture Institute, USA
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501  US
phone 505.455.0270

*********
Ingenio Patet Campus

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:04:58 -0400 (EDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
[email-masked]   [email-masked]
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture

> Is this date a typo or is this a case of "an hour late and a dollar short".

AHLAADS, unfortunately, no typo. I discovered the post in a
small farmer questionnaire/forum I have set up off my homepage.
It's not much used and I don't check it often.

I heard the report live on the BBC radio and reported on that 
to the list a awhile back. Unfortunately the BBC webpage
on the broadcast doesn't seem to exist anymore though it may
have been put in an archive somewhere. Worth looking for
if anyone wants to check.

Regarding Mollison's Designers Manual, I found a copy in a
local Barneds & Noble store for $40 so I grabbed it. I
will have to say the book is way beyond anything I would
have dreamed of, a truly incredible magnum opus! There's
enough material in the book for practitioners as well as
teachers to learn and put to use to keep one busy for many
years.

One method I really liked is filling the dividing/walking spaces 
between raised crop beds with muclh, all the way to the cropline 
along the sides of the beds. 

---