Subject: 1997 East Coast Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Conference

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 21:55:03 -0400 (EDT)

>From [email-masked] Wed Sep 17 21:49:19 1997
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:39:23 -0400
From: BIODYNAMIC MAIL LIST <[email-masked]>
Subject: 1997 East Coast Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Conference

CONTACT: Allan Balliett
POB 3047, Shepherdstown, WV
(304) 876-2373 FAX: (304) 876-9414
[email-masked]
http://www.biodynamics.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
=====================

NORTH AMERICA'S OLDEST ECOLOGICAL FARMING AND GARDENING ASSOCIATION TO
    HOLD 1997 EAST COAST CONFERENCE IN CHARLES TOWN, WV, OCT. 3-5.

SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV: The 1997 East Coast Biodynamic Farming and Gardening
Conference will be held October 3-5 at Claymont Court, a 400 acre
organic estate outside of Charles Town, WV. The conference, which
features national speakers on sustainable agriculture, herbalism,
nutrition and water quality starts at 5 pm on Friday and ends late
Sunday afternoon.

Biodynamics is a practical approach to organic sustainable agriculture
and gardening. Biodynamics, which was founded by German educator Rudolf
Steiner (Waldorf Schools) in the 1920's, seeks to further soil and water
conservation while increasing soil fertility in order to improve
nutrition and health. It is a practical and proven
approach to growing without dangerous chemicals or costly amendments.

The purpose of the conference is to provide an opportunity for people
with an interest in growing ecologically, in quality herbalism, in water
quality, and other topics related to taking care of ourselves and the
earth to gather with like-minded people for three days. Dozens of
lectures and workshops on topics of interest to both commercial and
hobbiest organic growers and wellness workers are certain to stimulate
discussion and networking among attendees. The conference is designed to
be accessible to beginners while being stimulating to experienced
practitioners.
Among the topics addressed will be the American teachings of British
horticulturist Alan Chadwick, whose approach to high productivity
through knowledge of the cultural needs of plants, carefully executed
cultivation, and artfully 'brewed' composts is typical of the biodynamic
approach to 'Garden Quality Farming;' walking tractor and spading
machine clinics; kitchen table tests that can determine produce or
compost quality; vortexes and flow forms; using the biodynamic
preparations; growing herbs and making tinctures; organic cut flowers
and preservation; sustainable ag and the global climate change; Clay
'sprays' for insect control and disease prevention; dowsing and
radionics.

Among the featured speakers are Dr. Paul Lee; Peter Tompkins; Hugh
Courtney; Hugh Lovel; Jennifer Greene; Bruce Blevins; Eugene Canales;
Craig Siska and Jimmy Foltz

REGISTRATION: $149 for the entire conference & 6 organic/biodynamic
               meals.  Camping/On-site Lodging/Child Care are available.

FULL PRESS RELEASE is available at

http://www.biodynamics.com/conference/bde.html

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
                      Allan Balliett, Conference Coordinator
                      (304) 876-2373; (304) 876-9414 FAX
                      [email-masked]
                      http://www.biodynamics.com

This conference is sponsored by the Biodynamic Association of America
    and by the Demeter Biodynamic Certification Association and
    the West Virginia Herb Association.

Join the BIODYAMIC Farming and Gardening  Email list by sending mail to
[email-masked] with 'subscribe bd-l' as the subject and
your FULL NAME and PHYSICAL ADDRESS in the body of the mail.

                               #####

*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/

East Coast BD Conference Oct 3-5, featuring Jennifer Greene, Hugh Courtney,
Hugh Lovel, Bruce Blevins, Harvey Lisle and an incredible SPADING MACHINE
CLINIC (both field size machines and garden size machines) + many other
events of interest to ecological growers.
http://www.biodynamics.com for more information!!

===========================================================================
To Post to the Bio-Dynamics Mailing list: [email-masked]
===========================================================================
Subscribe to BIODYNAMICS: Farming and Gardening in the 21st Century
the Bi-Monthly Magazine about Developments in the Art and Science of
Biodyamics.

Noted viticulturist, orchardist and Biodynamic growing consultant, Alan
York, editor.

BIODYNAMICS: Farming and Gardening in the 21st Century is the journal of
the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America.

6 issues a year for $35

Call the BDA at 1-800-516-7797 to start your subscription.

The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America
POB 550, Kimberton, PA 19442 USA

VISA/AMEX/MasterCard accepted

(International Subscriptions are higher. Contact the BDFGA for a quote).

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Opinions expressed through this list, whether by the moderator or by list
members,  are simply the opinions of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of the BDFGA.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The BD-L e-mail list is open to all and subscribing is easy: simply send
an e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "subscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

(I'll need your name and physical address in the Body of the message, but
it will be released to no one)

You'll soon start getting messages.  If you don't like what you see, send
another e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "unsubscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

Check out the Biodynamic Association WEB PAGE for BIODYNAMIC resources:
      http://www.biodynamics.com

Thank you,

Allan Balliett, Moderator, BD-L
===============================