Subject: Practical training

From: Inge Wilberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:37:48 +0100

Hello,
I would like to study horticulture in two years. But before I can start
I need a three monthes practicalt training. I think I want to do an one
year one in a foreighn country to get enough practise in that kind of
work and in English or Spanish. I´m a German and would like a practical
training place in South America, Great Britain, America, Canada or New
Zealand. I´m very interested in organic horticulture and permaculture.
Maybe there is someone who can help me. I would like to start October
1999.
At moment I work in a university clinic as documentation assistent.
Thanks,
Inge

--
ÐÏà¡±á

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:52:26 EST

In a message dated 12/10/98 7:42:03 AM, you wrote:

<<Hello,

1999.

Thanks,

Inge>>

Greetings Inge:

The first place that comes to mind is our cooperating permaculture center in
Paraguay, Maralá.  It is operated by a Swiss couple who speak German as their
native tongue, as well as a number of other European languages and some
Guraní. I have just sent them an extensive permaculture consulting report of
more than 230 pages based on a visit in August that I made and they are on the
verge of taking action.  To contact them, email [email-masked]   Their
email address has been quiet lately, so if you don't get results contact me
privately and I will give  you a mail address.  Bear in mind that the nearest
city with email services is 50 km away over very poor roads at first and then
very congested roads (for which they do not have a car or truck), so they get
to read their email no oftener than once a week, and sometimes far less often.

Here at Barking Frogs Permaculture Center in Florida we also have internships.
We can discuss those privately with you if you wish,  however I think that the
Paraguayan situation might be even better.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html