Subject: Aquaculture Plantings

From: "Eugene F. Monaco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:30:29 -0400

Can anyone suggest plants for a quarter-acre pond 10 to 12 feet deep,  with
a shallow area at one end, maybe 150 SF with depths from two feet to zero? 
Plants that can be obtained locally in the Ohio Valley area near
Cincinnati?

Gene

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

Gene,
       Call the Kentucky State Research Farm in Frankfort,Ky. They just had a
sustainable field day out there with a big aquaculture section. I don't know
who the presenter was, but they are a great resource. They even held a "what
is permaculture" workshop at the field day. Maybe they could help.... Atwood
is the name of the farm .
I can't find the number offhand but the Extension office in Frankfort could
probably
help. Good luck,   Kiya Heartwood  Stamping Ground, Ky.