Subject: [Fwd: question for student]

From: Keith Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:01:32 -0400

Subject: question for student
From: dn7001 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:06:50 -0700

Hello-
I am a college counselor at Humboldt State University.  I have been
working with a student at our local community college.  He wants to
learn more about permaculture and feels the college expereince isn't
cutting it.  Permaculture is a new concept for folks around here (with
the exception of CCAT at HSU, the Campus Center for Appropriate
Technology), and no major seems to cover what he is interested in.
Therefore I am writing for your assistance and guidance regarding the
educational choices of this student.  How did you and your partner get
to where you are today?  Are there consultants, trainers, educators,
highly regarded experts/professionals within the "field" of permaculture
who do not have college degrees?  If so, what are the best majors?  This
student wants to concentrate his resources in taking workshops and
seminars and learning hands-on.

Anything you can give me is so greatly appreciated.  Names of other
contacts would also be appreciated.

Thank You,

Dena Ned, M.S.W.
Humboldt State University
INRSEP Program
707-826-4994
[email-masked]