Subject: how hemp saves lives

From: "Verne L. Chinampas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 08:47:44 -0700 (PDT)

We've seen that public reaction has significantly redirected federal
involvement in organic matters. "In God We Trust" and the USDA has
finally backtracked and will not certify that genetically manipulated
irradiated Sludgecakes (TM, "Fresh from Monsanto") produced by child
slave labor is Organic  ;-)

It is NOW time we SET "THE MAN" STRAIGHT ON WHAT PLANTS WE GROW TO
PROVIDE COMMUNITY SCALE HEALTH AND RESOURCE SUSTENANCE !! The ball is
now rolling, and only your silence of status quo acceptence will slow
green positive reality from manifesting.

*** Get your primo seed source now and avoid the rush. Hemp Happens. ***

One Love,
vlc

Forwarded message:  

Biocide revisited
by Eric E. Skidmore 
P.O. Box 56
Chugiak, Alaska  99567
Email: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.alaska.net/~anc4hemp/

February 20, 1998

In Europe pesticides and herbicides are called biocides. The drug war is
another word for biocide.  The drug war is the most environmentally
disastrous program ever foisted on mankind. A former drug czar wanted to
spray Roundup on coca fields in South America. Roundup kills everything!
(Recently the news reported that some villagers in Peru were killed by
pesticides sprayed on coca fields.) Remember the paraquat disaster from 
a
few years ago used on marijuana?  But it's not so much what we're doing
that's bad but what we're not doing. 

Not only is one acre of hemp worth four acres of trees but it's also 
worth
2 acres of cotton.  Cotton takes up 3% of the world's agricultural land 
but
uses 11-15% of all pesticides.  (Source: National Geographic) Since hemp
requires NO BIOCIDES substituting half of all world cotton acreage for
hemp would reduce toxic biocide loads by 5-7%!!  No small feat.  As for
trees after they're gone I'm sure we'll find out how important they 
were.
                                                
     In the 1930's Dow chemical and Henry Ford pioneered the science of
chemurgy. Anything you can make with a hydrocarbon you can make with
cellulose.  Henry Ford experimented with hemp and other agricultural
products and used them in some of his car parts.  (There really were 
hemp
car fenders made!!) Ford realized that 50% of his cars were bought by
farmers so he adopted the unheard of position that he ought to do 
something
to make them money so they could afford his cars and tractors.  Today 
the
oil companies and Arab sheiks get the money.  I think it's time to 
return
to chemurgy, making plastics from cellulose and farm products.  To do
otherwise, ultimately will lead to "biocide."  Those who support the 
DEATH
culture of biocide will have a special place in the dustbin of history.
[Politicians take special note.]
 
      From the apocryphal Wisdom of Solomon 1: 13-14 comes the following
quote:  "... all creatures of the world are wholesome, and there is not 
a
destructive drug among them."  
(Maybe this is why this chapter didn't make the King James cut.)

EES

--------------------------------------------------------

How many people are dying annually from NOT growing hemp?
By Eric Skidmore

5,000 - 10,000 deaths yearly from pesticide-related cancers.

Cotton uses 40% of pesticides (in U.S.; 11-15% worldwide).

Cotton is grown on 5 million acres.

Cotton causes 2,000 - 4,000 deaths yearly (from pesticides).

If 1 million acres of hemp were to replacce 1 million acrees of cotton,
1 million acres of hemp saves 400-800 lives!

Chlorine (used to bleach tree pulp for paper) causes 10% of all
cancers. 
That's another story.

EES

Review of National Academy of Science's estimates of pesticide-caused
cancers: http://www.alaska.net/~anc4hemp/es328.html

Pesticides and Cotton
http://www.alaska.net/~anc4hemp/es320.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
          Re-distributed as a public service by the:
             Colorado Hemp Initiative Project
             P.O. Box 729, Nederland, CO 80466
      Our hotline has been disconnected b/c the voice mail
               company went out of business.  :(
              Email: <[email-masked]>
          Web: http://www.welcomehome.org/cohip.html
               http://www.levellers.org/cannabis.html
     "Fighting over 60 years of lies and dis-information
           with 10,000 years of history and fact."
                ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE???
        **********************************************
        To be added to or removed from our mailing list,
send email with the word SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com