Subject: Northwest Permaculture Gathering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:36:40 -0700

Come join us for the
3rd Annual Northwest Regional Permaculture Gathering
September 24-26, 1999
at Lost Valley Educational Center

Building community through permaculture!

Co-sponsored by Lost Valley Educational Center and the Eugene
Permaculture 
Guild, this gathering is a time for folks interested in self-reliant
living 
to meet and learn from each other, and enjoy good food, good friends, and

good fun!  The gathering will feature a variety of educational and
networking 
opportunities, workshops, hands-on demonstrations, and presentations on a

broad range of topics, which may include: 

Permaculture principles and practice (geared for beginners); beekeeping, 
honey harvesting and extraction; hedgerows; small scale livestock; seed 
saving; harvesting and food preservation; appropriate technology; and
lots 
more. There will also be plant identification and herb walks through our 
diverse acreage, and an opportunity to work on a cordwood sauna with a
living 
roof currently under construction.

Our goal is to have plenty of information that you can take home and put
to 
good use. We also wish to encourage networking among individuals within
their 
particular region, fostering and facilitating the creation of
neighborhood 
alliances for work parties and general support.
     
Regional Permaculture designers and instructors as well as other 
representatives of sustainable design will be available to offer
instruction. 
We look forward to participants’ active involvement in sharing their 
knowledge as well.
    
We will have evening salons on a variety of topics, and you are
guaranteed to 
see some strong opinions and ideas! As always, there will be dancing,
music, 
and Lost Valley’s wonderful menu. This gathering will be a vacation,
training 
program, and conference: stacking functions!

You may arrive any time after 3:00 on Friday afternoon. The Gathering 
concludes by 4:00 on Sunday. 

Fee: Advance registration $60-$100 sliding scale ($50 for EPG members), 
including organic vegetarian food and camping. $75-$100 day of event. $25
for 
single days. Dorm rooms available for an additional $10 per night.
Children 
are welcome. Cooperative childcare will be organized as needed. Limited
work 
trade and barter available.

To register or for more information: Lost Valley Educational Center,
81868 
Lost Valley Lane, Dexter, OR 97431, (541) 937-3351, [email-masked], 
www.lostvalley.org.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]