Subject: entrepreneurial agriculture (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:38:22 -0500 (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Support your local organic market farmer, buy products bearing the
 BuyGreen and Sustainably Grown (natural, ecological & biointensive) labels
        http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden    [email-masked]
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:01:58 -0600
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: entrepreneurial agriculture

Now is the best time of the year in the Delta, so . . .

If you're not doing anything really exciting this week, come to
Dyersburg, Tennessee for  an interactive conference we've titled:

Entrepreneurial Agriculture in the Northern Delta 

Family Living Center, Dyer County Fairgrounds
Dyersburg, Tennessee, Thursday, November 13, 1997

(with informal sessions at the Holiday Inn in pm on the 12th and 13th and
am on the 14th and a tour of a Delta value-added diversification venture
in late afternoon on the 13th)

"Entrepreneurial Agriculture" is the wave of the future in agriculture. 
New crops, new markets, vertical integration, increasing environmental
concerns, free trade, and "freedom to farm" are just a few of the trends
which will reward entrepreneurial approaches to agriculture.  A new
approach to agricultural education and research has evolved from the
successes of  North Dakota, Minnesota, New Zealand and Australia in
dealing with these trends.  Many people across the U.S. are adapting
these methods.  

This conference, "Entrepreneurial Agriculture in the Northern Delta," has
two goals:

1. Jumpstart a network of people in five states who can help each other
develop agricultural businesses in the region.

2. Determine the training needs of the region to help the network
facilitate agricultural businesses in the region.

It's too late to pre-register (120 have already done so), but we've got
plenty of barbecue, do drop those boring tasks and come help us transform
the future of our region.

If you are still wavering, check out the full conference agenda at
www.deltanetwork.com.

This conference was organized by the hard-working steering committee
listed below. 

Larry Skinner
University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension	

Keith Martin
University of Arkansas Extension

Chris Moyers
USDA/NRCS/RC&D

Nathan Chitwod
USDA/Rural Development

Bob Jenkins
University of Tennessee	

Chuck Panehour
University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension

Mike Plumer
University of Illinois Extension	

Tim Baker
University of Missouri Outreach and Extension

Richard D. West
USDA/NRCS	

Catherine Walters
USDA/Rural Development

Joan Evans
USDA/Rural Development	

Tim Woods
University of Kentucky

Van Ayers
University of Missouri Outreach and Extension	

Jim Worstell
Delta Land and Community, Inc.

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".