Subject: Re: Guilds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 21:30:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/3/97 11:39:32 AM, you wrote:

>[email-masked] wrote:
>
> There is room for standard designs, but the
>> best standard designs with respect to plant selection are species matrices
>> such as published in the old and still unequalled publication by TILTH,
The
>> Future is Abundant.
>
>
>Dan:
>
>Where can one find a copy of this book?  
>
>
>Miekal

I heard that TILTH was trying to reprint it, but I don't know what happened.
 It was a major undertaking and I suspect that the original publication is
what cut the floor from the TILTH organization.  It is a huge financial drain
for a grass roots organization to publish a really good book.  However
various splinter aspects of TILTH survived and regrouped.  Try contacting
some of the permaculture folk in the Pacific Northwest for an update.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  Next starts in Oct. 1997. Internships available.
Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA
 [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.