Subject: [Fwd: Re: What is permaculture ?]

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 10:33:59 -0400

Subject: Re: What is permaculture ?
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:11:23 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.permaculture

In article <[email-masked]>,
  "Jeff Dickens" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Could you define permaculture for us amateurs ?
>
I would say that permaculture is:
'Creating maturing ecosystems with people in them'

Ecosystems follow certain principles during maturation. You can find a
condensed outline of them at
http://www.etn.lu.se/~folke_g/recirk/Eng/ecodev.htm To my understanding, most
permaculture practice works in the same direction. The resulting systems are
more 'nature-alike' and less vulnrable than common systems. The practice can
be utilised not only in gardening, but also in the creation of social systems
and urban planning.

FG

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own