Subject: [permaculture] New Permaculture/Community Course

From: Skye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:22:24 -0600

New Permaculture Training and Work Experience Opportunity

Tamu Tariaticha, the Permaculture community in Patxcuaro, ( State of
Michoacan, in Mexico) is announcing the commencement of a new training
and work experience opportunity in Permaculture.

The first phase is an annual, four-week intensive training program. This
is essentially an extended Permaculture Design Certificate Course.
Extended because much of the training will be outside in the field,
actually doing it and seeing it done. A practical, hands-on experience
of what Permaculture is about. Students will live and work and study
alongside members of the community.

But it is more than just an extended Permaculture course. It is an
invitation to join and share with a small community in the beautiful
landscape near Lake Patzcuaro. Additional activities during the course
can include (depending on your interest) workshops on such topics as
massage, herbal medicine, making/playing drums, participate in a
temascal (sweet lodge) ceremony and more.

While the immediate community of Tamu is small, we have many skilled and
talented friends closely associated with our community. These people can
be called in to add their talents to the course/community experience. 

The second phase depends largely on the interest and abilities of each
student.  

People with reasonable knowledge of the Spanish language will be able to
choose from a variety of projects and activities with some of the
organisations with which Tamu works. Many of these NGOs are keen to have
help from willing, useful people. In most cases this activity will be on
a work exchange basis (ie in return for board and lodging), or will be
at a very low weekly cost. A range of possible activities are available
- from Community Development, Project Implementation, Agrofrestry,
Organic Farming, Local Environmental Action  etc. Locations vary from
Campeche in the south to Queretero in the mid-north. The work of these
organisations is extremely impressive, and an opportunity to work with
such groups will be a valuable and rewarding experience.

People with little or no Spanish, will have the opportunity of joining
the community of Tamu (as many of us speak enlish) as a "permanent
visitor" (or is it ‘temporary resident")  to work and live with us.

In either case, it will be up to both parties to agree on the conditions
and details of the work and stay involved.

The cost of the four week, intensive is $1200US. This includes full
accommodation, food, tuition and certification (by the Instituto de
Permacultura de Mexico AC). The cost of the on-going work experience
will be negotiated on an individual basis - but will generally be either
exchange, or at a very low maintenance cost.

The course for 1999, is scheduled to start on August 14.

For further details, contact Skye at the below address.
-- 
Skye - Apdo # 391,  Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México. 
fax  (52) 01 (434) 24743
Profesor y diseñador en Permacultura
Director del Instituto de Permacultura de México A.C.
Talleres de desarrollo humano, planeación participativa y 
economía comunitaria.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Jeremy Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:21:48 -0800

thanks keith I have been to tamu several times except now they have a new
site and this is an interest to go and build there   love, mike and karen
and kidlits.
----------
>From: Skye <[email-masked]>
>To: "permaculture" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [permaculture] New Permaculture/Community Course
>Date: Dim, 11 avr 1999 5:22
>

>You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
>To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]
>
>

---