Subject: Re: Either... or [PS]

From: Elfpermacl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:04:25 EST

PS  more thoughts

Another program we have to allow people more continued permacutlure training
is to allow graduates to do advanced work in the context of our regular
programs.  For example, someone could arrange an advanced project to conduct
during the online course we offer or to tackle a particularly difficult design
problem in a weekend or 10-day design intensive.  Obviously, these matters
need to be discussed ahead of time to be included in the integrated design for
the program.  

We have a policy, also, of allowing people who have taken our course (or
gotten their certification elsewhere and monitored our course) to teach after
they are familiar with the program in question.  For example, a person thus
qualified could attend three or four weekend workshops and then teach a
section of one.  This preserves the integrity of the program, which is
carefully designed, while giving to apprentice a chance to try his/her hand.  

Dan Hemenway

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next live program: Advanced Design
Training in Paraguay, 8/10-22/98. Only 3 openings. Copyright, 1998, Dan &
Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA. Internships available.
[email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html