Subject: request for info/links on tropical urban permaculture systems

From: [email-masked] (john cropper)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:40:25 -0500

Can anyone help me to locate information on urban permaculture systems in
situations roughly similar to mine. They are: 
- 12 degrees north of the equator
- 1500 - 1800mm (60-70in) rainfall
- 15 degree and more slopes
- 400 - 800 sq m (4000-8000sq ft) plots of land, including the house
- acid, eroded soils

We are starting work with two communities of urban squatters, and would like
to be in contact with anyone who has worked or is working in similar situations.

I am particularly interested to find out what levels of sustained yield have
been obtained.

I'd also like to hear from anyone interested in collaborating on designs, or
on incorporating these  features into permaculture design courses for
students with an interest in or knowledge of tropical conditions.

For more information on the background to the programme you can visit the
new web site of the Sustainable Economic Development Unit of the University
of the West Indies <http://www.tidco.co.tt/seduweb/home.htm> or write to me
directly.

Thanks in advance

John Cropper

[email-masked]