Subject: Central Coast Permalistserve (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:33:36 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:50:34 PST
From: Akiva Werbalowsky <[email-masked]>
Subject: Central Coast Permalistserve

Invitation to join the Central Coast Permaculture Guild Mailing List

        This list is a community service extension of Cal Poly San Luis 
Obispo's newly forming Permaculture Certificate program. To find out 
more information about this program, or to become involved, you can 
e-mail Akiva. 

        This listserv is open for new subscriptions, and we welcome any 
folks, especially those in the Central Coast area of California to 
become members. 

        Joining is simple. Send a message to 
[email-masked] with the message in the body 
"subscribe ccpg". 

        To send a message to the entire subscribed base of the listserv, 
address your message to [email-masked] 

        If you need more information about how majordomo works, send a 
message containing the word "help" to majordomo. 

Enjoy! We welcome any feedback that you may have. Please feel free to 
forward this message.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:47:26 +1100

I am researching further ECO-TOURISM,
I would like to set up a set of guides for eco-tourism design.
' would appreciate any information (anecdotel or theoretical) to
establish these guides and shall provide feedback when complete.
There seems to be a huge range of so-called eco-tourism packages
many damaging to the ecology.
given that all tourism is costly,  but it is part of learning for many
people
and in some people's genetic makeup to wander.
We may also be able to develop a standard as we have now in Organic
practices and
environmental systems. or Is there already such a standard??

if we set out to offer an alternative in the holiday market for sustainable
tourism there can be at least 2 fields open for development.

1. constructive action for conservation (eg. volunteers for regeneration
projects, bird and animal watching
and recording etc)
2. relaxing holidays in sustainable accomodation and environments that
encourage
better lifestyles back in the homes and workplaces of these holiday makers.

there must be many more that can be offered - please write.

April
April Sampson-Kelly
LC permaculture Visions
[email-masked]
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv