Subject: Worth a visit in India

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:34:05 -0800 (PST)

Christopher, 
I don't think this is actually what you had in mind ..I just had to mention
it since what has been done at  the Siddha Yoga Dham, an ashram in
Ganeshpuri, is wonderful and well worth visiting while your friend is in
India. Located in the Maharastra state, only 40 miles from Bombay, the
grounds of the ashram are magical with abundant gardens. While there, I was
able to learn a great deal simply by observing how it was all being done as
well as working on the grounds in an apprentice mode. One must look behind
the scenes to see how the whole infrastructure is set  up, utilizing
everything in order to turn the area in to a paradise from what was
originally barren terrain. Nearby are hot springs, considered to have sacred
and healing waters. It really is worth a visit and all the better if your
friend has spiritual leanings..It's a place where Namaste is living and well.
Vicki

>>Greetings-
>>I'm looking for any permaculture projects, courses, contacts, possible
>>internships, good things to do, etc, in India and Nepal. A friend is looking
>>to take a course and do some work there and would appreciate any available and
>>relevant info. You can email it to me directly:
>>[email-masked]
>>Thanks,
>>Christopher Peck
>>Santa Fe, NM USA
>
>******************************************************************************
>	Mrs.Gayathri V                     BIOMASS USERS NETWORK - INDIA
>	Project Engineer
>	Combustion Gasification and Propulsion Lab.
>	Dept. of Aerospace Engineering
>	IISc . Bangalore 560 012	Phone :(off) +91-80-3092338 or 3348536
>					            (Res) :+91-80-6632717
>						    	Fax :+91-80-3341683	
>	E-mail : [email-masked]
>
>
>	"There is nothing like impossible"	
>***************************************************************************
**