Subject: [Fwd: Help to start bamboo newsgroup]

From: Skye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:02:22 -0600

-- 
Skye - Apdo # 391,  Patzcuaro, Michoacan, CP. 61600 México. 
fax  (52) 01 (434) 24743
http//www.ciceana.org.mx/permacultura
Profesor y diseñador en Permacultura
Director del Instituto de Permacultura de México A.C.
Talleres de desarrollo humano, planeación participativa y 
economía comunitaria.

Subject: Help to start bamboo newsgroup
From: "Hans Erken" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dirk Erken" <[email-masked]>, "Karin & Bob" <[email-masked]>, "Wolfgang & Gisela" <[email-masked]>, "Peter Erken" <[email-masked]>, "Skye" <[email-masked]>, "Ron Jonker" <[email-masked]>, "John & Sani Tuggey" <[email-masked]>, "Bruce Purches" <[email-masked]>, "Ian McDonald" <[email-masked]>, "Ross & Francoise" <[email-masked]>, "Tim Vallings" <[email-masked]>, "Richard Waters" <[email-masked]>, "Peter Gersteling" <[email-masked]>, "Greg Braun" <[email-masked]>, "Chris & Dave Brown" <
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:54:37 +1000

Hi friends,

I am doing as much as I can to help get the necessary votes to establish a
bamboo news group.  The call for votes (CFV) starts today and we have 21 days to
spread the news and place votes.   Please if you have five mins logon to one of
the newsgroup below and follow the simple instructions to vote.  Alternatively
if you can't access a newsgroup you can request a CFV from the votetaker who's
e-mail address is below.

Thanks

Hans

More information.........

Proposed Usenet newsgroup: rec.gardens.bamboo
20th Aug. '99 - The vote to decide whether to create a new newsgroup
"rec.gardens.bamboo" is now in progress. We have 21 days to cast our votes.

A Usenet newsgroup is a free service provided by your ISP and the internet.  It
is intended for the world wide exchange of ideas and information by people with
a common interest. There are over 70,000 newsgroups to select from.  Most e-mail
programs have a built in news reader, all you do is add a news account and
subscribe to the groups you are interested in (subscribe means to participate in
the newsgroup - there is no cost).

The proposed new newsgroup rec.gardens.bamboo will be about bamboo.  It is
intended for anyone with an interest in bamboo from the beginner to the most
experienced.  A Call for Votes (CFV) on rec.gardens.bamboo will be posted soon
by the Usenet Volunteer Vote taker (UVV). We have 21 days to cast our ballots
once the CFV is posted to news:news.announce.newgroups (a newsgroup for such
announcements). The guidelines require a minimum of 100 Yes Votes and 100 more
Yes Votes than No Votes (2/3 majority).

The CFV,  which contains the ballot for voting, is available on any of the
following newsgroups: news:news.announce.newgroups, news:news.groups,
news:aus.gardens, news:bionet.plants, news:rec.gardens, news:rec.gardens.edible,
news:triangle.gardens, news:uk.rec.gardening.

The Usenet guidelines on voting require that you subscribe to one of the above
newsgroups and find the CFV: rec.gardens.bamboo to get your ballot and cast your
vote.  Only one vote per email account is allowed. Be sure to follow the
instructions in the CFV as the ballots are automatically counted by computer;
and if your ballot is not formatted properly, your vote will not be counted.

There are some news servers that will not accept the CFV post from the UVV.
This is a technical glitch in the way news server software filters the posts. If
the CFV for rec.gardens.bamboo is not available on any of the above newsgroups
on your server, there will be a pointer message on the groups that will explain
how to get the CFV and ballot.

If you cannot find the CFV on the above groups, you can get a copy by emailing
the Usenet Volunteer Votetaker (UVV) : David Bostwick
[email-masked] and requesting a copy at.   Just click on the
above address and in the body of your message, request a copy of the CFV for
rec.gardens.bamboo.

Remember, there is only one vote per person and one vote per email address.

Be sure to tell all your bamboo friends about the proposal and how they can get
a ballot and vote on rec.gardens.bamboo.