Subject: Re: [NOP-OFPA] and some other issues and opinions (fwd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:15:59 -0800 (PST)

Lawrence, 
I'm hardly a saint! (hem haw blush flush..ahem...)
Having you say that makes me at least want to be the one to write the
information page or the letter to submit to the USDA..alas, I am qualified
to do neither. Someone out there with more knowledge and a skill with words
could dash these off and serve a greater whole..Now who can we call a saint
for doing that?! I like Beyondorganic Greenfood for starters..Any ideas? I
heard Organic Gardening magazine has some news about all of this..haven't
seen it yet..
Vicki

Buy Products With Sustainably Grown, Natural, 
>Ecological, Beyondorganic, Biological, Greenfood, 
>Handgrown, Earthfriendly or Biointensive Labelling
>

>On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> If some one of us will write a single page explanation of the threat to
>> Organic food and we coin a new phrase that will carry us through to indicate
>> what was formerly 'Organic', we can each take responsibility to send e-mails
>> like crazy and get hard-copy printed information sheets to CSA's, health
>> food stores, food co-ops, book stores, health clubs...LET PEOPLE KNOW and
>> organize ourselves, new nomenclature and all.  
>
>You're a saint. This is EXACTLY what is needed, support for alternative
>labelling.
>
>Support Your Local Organic Market Farmer 
>----------------------------------------
>Buy Products With Sustainably Grown, Natural, 
>Ecological, Beyondorganic, Biological, Greenfood, 
>Handgrown, Earthfriendly or Biointensive Labelling
>
> 
>> If we continue doing what we always have and call it something else
>> agreed-upon it will still be what it is. A rose by any other name... Not
>> sure how the certification for this new standard would be set-up..hhmm..
>> Seems there should still be standards to insure we are getting GreenFood (or
>> whatever it's called)
>> 
>> And YES, a comprehensive letter we all could send, as Liz suggested, and
>> have available for others concerned to use as well..Power in numbers?? Who
>> feels equipped and ready to write it?
>
>
>