Subject: Re: Seeds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:36:34 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/1/97 7:50:38 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

>Dan what's the address for Calif Rare Fruit Group?
>
>Marilyn Borchardt

Hi Marilyn:

OK, to save time, I went to our TRIP (The Resoruces of International
Permaculture) database and called up all groups primarily concerned with
genetic resources in the USA, which includes CRFG.  I got about 80 hits.
 From these, I've selected about 10 to post to the entire list.  If you want
to get TRIP, we are remaindering Vol. VI at $5 + p&H, 20% of the original
price, as I would rather get the copies out than mulch with them.  We also
have it on floppy disc.

To some extent, the groups I chose to list and those I chose to leave out are
somewhat arbitrary.  Some of the groups involved with tree crops we have
under a tree category, or we would have way over 100 listed for the USA
alone.

Genetic Resources Information Network		c/o Antonio Sotomayor-Rios, TARS	POB
65	Mayaguez	PR	00709		

Seed Savers Exchange - SSE		Attn:  Kent Whealy, Director	3076 N Winn
Rd.	Decorah	IA	52101	319 382-5990	

SAVE OUR SEEDS			5813 Vincent Av S	MINNEAPOLIS	MN	55410-2855		
North American Fruit Explorers - NAFEX	Pomona	c/o Jill Vorbeck,
Membership	Rt. 1 Box 94	Chapin	IL	62628		

CORNS			Rt. 1 Box 32	turpin	OK	73950		

Native Seed Foundation			Rt. A	Moyie Springs	ID	83845		

Native Seeds/SEARCH			2509 N Campbell Ave. #325	Tucson	AZ	85719		
California Rare Fruit Growers	Fruit Gardener	The Fullerton
Arboretum	California State Univ.	Fullerton	CA	92634		

Abundant Life Seed Found			Box 722  1029 Lawrence	Port Townsend	WA	98368	360
385-5660	

Permaculture Seed & Plant Exchange		c/o Joe Hollis	3020 Whiteoak Creek
Rd.	Burnsville 	NC	28714	704 675-5664	

I hope that people find that this is useful.  

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  Next live training:  Paraguay, Sept. 1998. Internships
available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL
32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.