Subject: Introduction

From: Barry Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:17:10 -0800

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself and introduce
some new information on soil and biological systems.  I work as a forest
activist.  I have always been concerned about the damage that logging does
to soils.  Some of my writing on this subject can be found on our web page at:

http://www.triax.com/bmnfa/soil.htm

Many of the problems with forest soils are also problems with agricultural
soils.

I have also been an organic gardener for about half of my 50 years and I
understand the necessity of providing trace elements and other nutrients
which are not provided by chemical fertilizers.

In 1995 I learned about some materials which are difficult to identify
using conventional methods but which appear to be essential to many
biological systems.  We call these materials ORMUS or m-state elements at
the suggestion of a couple of their modern discoverers.  One of these
modern discoverers, a gentleman named David Hudson, has patented some of
the ORMUS elements and one process for obtaining them.  Transcripts of
several of Hudson's lectures on this subject are available on the web at:

http://209.17.143.141/ormus/presentations/present.htm

When he discovered these elements, Hudson was a cotton farmer using
conventional agricultural methods but his discovery promises to
revolutionize agriculture and biological sciences in general.

Recently, I heard about Dr. Philip S. Callahan and his discoveries
regarding paramagnetic soils.  Though most folks on this forum are probably
familiar with Dr. Callahan, I will briefly recapitulate some of the high
spots of his discoveries.

About thirty years ago Dr. Callahan discovered that the best soils for
growing things were paramagnetic.  He developed an inexpensive instrument
for measuring paramagnetism in soil and tested soils extensively for this
property.  He postulates that paramagnetic soils facilitate the flow of
atmospheric electromagnetic forces from the atmosphere to plants.  He has
done many scientific demonstrations of this phenomenon.  According to Dr.
Callahan, certain geometric structures can also enhance this energy flow.(1)

The biggest problem with Dr. Callahan's theory is that he has been unable
to positively identify all of the elements in the soil which are
paramagnetic.  I believe that the ORMUS elements are the key to
understanding paramagnetic soils.  Like the paramagnetic elements in soil
the ORMUS elements are difficult to identify using conventional
spectroscopic or chemical analysis.

In order to explain more of the correlations between paramagnetic soil and
the ORMUS elements, it would be helpful for me to explain more about these
elements.  This explanation is a bit technical but I will try to keep it
simple.

Certain metallic elements have a non-metallic state with the following
characteristics.  Their electrons are paired up into what are called
"Cooper pairs".  These Cooper paired electrons are not available as valence
electrons and therefore do not form molecular bonds.  An atom must be able
to bond to other atoms of the same element in order to be metallic.

Cooper pairing is one of the prerequisites of superconductivity and the
ORMUS form, of these elements, is generally superconductive.  Though
physicists have been searching in vain for high temperature
superconductors, i.e. materials which are superconductive at room
temperature and above, biologists have known for a long time that
superconductive effects can be observed in living organisms.

Cooper pairing and superconductivity are generally considered to be
properties associated with Bose-Einstein Condensates or (BECs).  BECs are
substances which are constituted of many atoms but which behave as a single
atom.  The common current belief among physicists is that BECs are not
stable much above absolute zero or in a superconductive matrix structure.
We think that our observations disprove this belief.

The Cooper-pairing of the electrons in these atoms or diatoms appears to
create a Meissner effect around each atom/diatom unit.  This Meissner field
provides a non-local quantum connection between other nearby ORMUS units so
that together they exhibit behavior which follows the rules of quantum
mechanics.  If you have great piles of these monatom/diatom units you can
observe quantum physical behavior at classical physics scales.

This postulated behavior would account for the observed properties of
superconductivity, tunneling, superfluidity and difficulty of spectroscopic
identification.  Superconductors can exhibit paramagnetic or diamagnetic
properties depending on how much energy they are storing.

The Meissner effect and another phenomenon connected with
superconductivity, called Josephson tunneling, have been observed in
biological systems by various scientists over the years.  Hudson cites the
following papers in his lectures:

Evidence from Activation Energies for Superconductive Tunneling in
Biological Systems at Physiological Temperatures 
Physiological Chemistry and Physics 3 1971 
Bio-chemistry laboratory 
U.S. Naval Air Development Center, Pennsylvania. 
Reference: pp. 403-410 

"For several biological systems involving nerve or growth processes the
square of the activation energy is a linear function of temperature over a
moderate range of physiological temperatures. This behavior may be
predicted from the hypothesis that the rate of biological process is
controlled by single electron tunneling between micro-regions of
superconductivity. 

Superconductivity has been observed. It's responsible for nerve and growth
processes."

Magnetic Flux Quantization and Josephson Behavior in Living Systems 
Physica Scripta 
Vol. 40, 1989 
E. Del Giudice, S. Doglia, M. Milani, C. W. Smith, G. Vitiello 
Reference: pp. 786-791 

"Abstract: The proposal of coherent electromagnetic processes as the engine
of biological dynamics suggests that Josephson effects could be present in
living cells. Positive experimental evidence is reported and discussed."

Biological Sensitivity to Weak Magnetic Fields Due to  Biological
Superconductive Josephson Junctions 
Physiological Chemistry and Physics 5, 1973 
Reference: pp. 173-176 

"Summary: Various species of organisms can detect weak magnetic fields from
.1 to 5 gauss. Indirect evidence suggests that electron tunneling may occur
across junctions between superconducting micro regions in living systems.
Man made superconducting Josephson junctions have been fabricated with
magnetic sensitivity as high as 10-11 gauss. It is suggested that
superconducting Josephson junctions in living systems may provide a
physical mechanism with more than enough sensitivity to explain the
observed responses of organisms to weak magnetic fields."

There is evidence that the ORMUS elements are present in living cells.
Hudson has assayed brain tissue for these elements and found that the ORMUS
iridium and rhodium are both present at about 2.5% each (by dry matter
weight).  The ORMUS elements have been found in most of the plant and
animal tissues which have been examined.(2)

We hypothesize that the ORMUS elements determine some of the properties of
the water or "tubulin" inside the microtubules in every cell.  Hameroff and
Penrose have proposed that microtubules are the site of a "quantum
collapse" in which information from multiple universes is "collapsed" into
a "conscious selection" or decision.(3)  Sequences of these decisions makes
up the consciousness of the cell and interactions between many cells makes
up the consciousness of an organism.  In this way problems which would
require as many decisions as there are atoms in the known universe can be
solved using "calculations" performed in an infinite number of other
universes.(4)

We also hypothesize that the ORMUS elements in the tubulin inside
microtubules create resonance connections between the cells of all living
organisms.

Some of my colleagues have developed experimental processes which
conclusively demonstrate that non-physical information (what Rupert
Sheldrake calls the morphogenic field and David Bohm called the implicate
order) can determine the color of an ORMUS solution.

The following elements have been positively identified as having an ORMUS
or m-state:

Magnesium
Calcium
Iron
Cobalt
Nickel
Copper
Ruthenium
Rhodium
Palladium
Silver
Rhenium
Osmium
Iridium
Platinum
Gold
Mercury

Many of these elements are called precious metals because in their metallic
state they are quite rare.  Early research on these elements indicates that
they are over 7000 times more common in the m-state than in the metallic
state.

So, how well do these properties match up with Dr. Callahan's paramagnetic
soils?  Dr. Callahan claims that the paramagnetic soils are best built from
volcanic or limestone materials.  The m-state elements are most common in
volcanic and limestone rock.

Paramagnetic soils exhibit paramagnetic properties.  The ORMUS elements
also exhibit paramagnetic properties.  Dr. Callahan claims that the
paramagnetic soils help to couple plants to at atmospheric electromagnetic
energy.  The ORMUS elements provide a superconductive resonance coupling
effect inside biological systems.

The paramagnetic substances in soil have not been definitely identified.
The ORMUS elements cannot be identified using conventional spectroscopic
and chemical assay methods.

Mining companies have determined that paramagnetic properties are
associated with the precious metals.(5)  They are also familiar with the
ORMUS elements and ORMUS theory.(6)  They are using this knowledge to find
and extract precious metals from unassayable desert dirts.(7)

There are several other properties that the paramagnetic soils have in
common with the m-state elements.  As we explore these correlations we will
be able to make more definitive statements about a unified understanding of
the relationship between these two classes of materials.

It is possible to isolate the m-state elements from rock or sea water using
some very simple techniques.(8)  I believe that as we integrate the
knowledge that has been gained by people who are testing Dr. Callihan's
ideas with the knowledge that we are gaining from our study of the ORMUS
elements, we will see a revolution in our understanding of agriculture and
biological systems in general.

I recently spoke with Dr. Callahan and he is quite supportive of the idea
that paramagnetic soils get many of their properties from the presence of
the ORMUS elements.

(1) Paramagnetism: Rediscovering nature's secret force of growth -
http://members.tripod.com/~poetpiet/guest_appearances/paramagnetism.htm
(2)	Natural Sources of ORMUS Materials -
http://209.17.143.141/ormus/Health/sources.htm
(3)	Orchestrated Objective Reduction of Quantum Coherence in Brain
Microtubules: The "Orch OR" Model for Consciousness -
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~hameroff/penrose1.html
(4)	Brain Tennis -
http://www.hotwired.com/synapse/braintennis/97/41/index0a.html
(5) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8889/research.html
(6) Profit Technologies - http://profit-technologies.zq.com/
(7) SW Desert Gold Rush, Platinum Desert Dirts -
http://www.sentex.net/~resource/swdesert.html
(8)	ORMUS Production Methods - http://209.17.143.141/ormus/ORMUS/ormus2.htm

--
With kindest regards,
 
Barry Carter 
<[email-masked]>
Blue Mountain Native Forest Alliance
WEB Page: http://www.triax.com/bmnfa/index.htm
Voice: 541-523-3357
Fax:   541-523-9438
 
Stupidity got us into this mess --
why can't it get us out?