Subject: native plants/seeds

From: "Christopher Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:57:12 -0800

I recall some posts on this topic already but I need some more resources
for my library.

Does anyone know of really good books on:

1.	growing native plants (for food & fibers), particularly Californian;
and,

2.	good books on permaculture techniques (that can produce yields
sufficient to feed a family of four, 100 sheep, and have some leftover
for sale in local markets for cash/barter)?

We are researching what it will take in terms of materials, supplies,
equipment, land, preparation, education, etc. to establish a small
family permaculture farm in South-central coastal California.

Somebody mentioned JH Hudson as a seed supplier... anyone know others
that would fit the above bill?

Many thanks in advance,
Christopher Page

---

From: miekal and <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:30:50 -0600

> that would fit the above bill?

they are outside of redwood california, & I believe they grow alot of
what they sell.  it is all seed (no plants) which I think is far more
interesting challenge (& much cheaper!)....

---

From: Grace Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:19:03 -0800

This heirloom gardening site has open-pollinated and heirloom varieties of
garden plants listed, with hyperlinks to the companies selling each of the
varieties.

HTH,

Grace & Bob  <[email-masked]>
Calaveras County, CA