Subject: Relax... enjoy your shoes

From: Jack Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:37:49 -0500

Bill Duesing wrote:

"Farms are the places where green plants capture the solar energy that we
need to feed ourselves."

Au contraire, mon frere! I've been reassured by the local (loco?)
scientists that, when we have exhausted the supply of farmland and green
plants (currently expected sometime in the next fiscal cycle), we WILL in
fact be able to obtain our food supplies from existing petroleum reserves,
and -- as these become exhausted -- directly from nuclear energy. In fact,
as we 'speak', fusion reactors are being developed which will produce all
our food from an increasingly-common resource -- polluted water! So... not
to worry! 

My main concern is that, as soil resources continue to erode, we may have
to look further and further afield to find suitable places to stick our
heads in the sand. That would be sad. 

Relax, and enjoy your shoes!

Jack

---

From: Rex Harrill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:42:32 -0500

Jack Rowe wrote: [snip]

> our food from an increasingly-common resource -- polluted water! So... not

Enjoyed your humor.  Here's an exchange I pulled off Deja News...

----------------------------------------
Eric Brooks said:

> >The food is being hit by radiation, period.

and got this reply...

> So is food "hit by radiation" when the sun shines on it. Big deal.
> Tracy

Amazing, amazing, amazing...the "scientists" have brought us a completely new
way to grow crops.  We can simply truck seeds in one end of a blue-glowing
football-field sized "irradiation facility" and haul abundant fruits and
veggies
out the other end.

And, quite importantly, the nukin' will destroy all *undesirable* life forms
without harming, in the least, the life forces of the food---or so the
"scientists" say.

But let's not stop here: nuclear waste is so cheap we could have two-for-one
days.  Then we could double-nuke the food and actually increase it's vitality.

-----------------

Regards,
Rex Harrill

---

From: Rex Harrill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:42:32 -0500

Jack Rowe wrote: [snip]

and got this reply...

-----------------

Regards,
Rex Harrill