Subject: Re: Vegan PC & urban PC

From: JHolsen222 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 23:56:07 EDT

The Solatube ounds ideal- can you tell me where it can be purchased or who
makes it?

Also,  do you or does anyone out there know where I can get or buy small
amounts of the Steiner preps--I have about a half acre in the city and would
like to use them for my veggie and flower garden, as well as to help establish
better ground cover on a steep hill--also for improving my compost pile--I
live in western IL

thanks

Jay Holsen

---

From: Katherine Waser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:23:48 -0700

Hi Jay,

I was able to get hold of the local distributor and here's what I found out:

there are 3 companies that are "Sola Tube" dealers for Illinois:

American Solar Lighting Inc.,  in St. Louis, MO

2004, Inc. in Springfield, IL

Solar Brite in Richmond, IL

The manufacturer is:

Sola Tube
5825 Avenida Encinas Ste. 101
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Tel: +1 (619) 929-6060
Fax: +1 (619) 929-6067

apparently, each dealer sets their own price. The local dealer here in
Tucson told me they have the lowest prices in the country and so lots of
people will come here to buy them and take them home to install! You might
want to take that with a tiny grain of salt ?! In any case, I bought what I
think is the basic unit, I think it was about 10" long, and it cost me just
over $300 including installation.

I can't help you with the Steiner preps--I don't even know what they are.

Good luck with the sola tube!

Katherine Waser

****************************************************************************
Katherine Waser, Editor                    Tel: 520-621-8584
Arid Lands Information Center            Fax: 520-621-3816
The University of Arizona                   E-mail: [email-masked]
1955 E. 6th St.                                 
Tucson, AZ 85719-5224

---

From: Katherine Waser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:23:48 -0700

Hi Jay,

The manufacturer is:

Sola Tube

Katherine Waser