Subject: Re: Anger - Anyfascism

From: Jack Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:29:29 -0500

Lots of interesting and good comments in the last couple days, from all
directions... I love that Pogo quote, one of my personal favorites... not
too many people want to believe it, though...  ;-o  Safer when discomfiture
comes from 'outside'.

Well, folks, my original comments were in no wise meant to provide a
comprehensive categorization of anger (there's a tome for you!). They also
were NOT directed at whether the feeling itself is 'ok' (of course it is),
but instead, at what to DO with it -- ways to grow from anger in both
directions, inwardly as well as outwardly. Not 'instead of'... 'as well
as'.

To relate everything only to our own inner world is narcissistic... to
force others to carry the entire onus of any of our feelings, on the other
hand, is irresponsible. Extremes are not found in Nature because apparent
'opposites' are not separable. Not one, not the other -- BOTH.

So I REALLY didn't mean to condemn anger wholesale, or to condemn angry
persons at all. In the main, though, anger reminds me of Henry Kissinger's
characterization of politicians... "90% gives the other 10% a bad name".

Take care,

Jack

"To err is dysfunctional, to forgive codependent"