Subject: apology

From: Jack Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 00:18:21 -0400

Dear list, 

I would like to apologize to Dan, and to the list in general, for the
puerile remark with which I began my last posting... I'd call it
adolescent, but I know that's not fair to the teenagers I'm familiar with,
who are in the main pretty mature. 

I hope the gist of my plea for an open-ended, supportive dialog was not
lost because of being (ironically as well as idiotically, in this context)
hidden behind the smart-assed words and tone. We are all wading into
uncharted waters -- as is called for in our times -- and it will be a while
before we move from questions to answers, whether we think so or not.
Intra- and inter-personal issues are, to my mind, central to environmental
healing, though I know that this idea is not shared by all permaculturists.
One of the the three major, ostensible goals of permaculture is care of
people... issues of addictive and dysfunctional interactive behaviors are
at the very root of the environmental degradation we see occuring around us
even now. Kindness and support are the basis of open communication. This
feeling is what my note tried to relate, and in this respect I pretty well
failed.

Again, I apologize, perhaps some were offended and some not, but on
reflection I do not find the way I spoke to be appropriate, in my own
personal estimation, for a discussion of this nature. 

Jack Rowe