Subject: RE: Software for planning permaculture systems.

From: "Charland, Stacy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:48:03 -0400

I for one would love to see more diagrams available, like the one at  http://www.permaculture-institute.org/ 

Stacy 

-----Original Message-----
From:	[email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, May 28, 1997 1:01 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Re: Software for planning permaculture systems.

I don't know of any software available but it's an interesting
question.  If you could have software what would it do?
Something like landscape design?  Or maybe a searchable
version of a design manual.  I ask because I'd consider writing
some software if I thought that permaculturalists would really use it.
I think that most people are better served by a good book and contact
with other people.

I was thinking about starting a web site where people could submit
drawings of their own designs and techniques.  A kind of living
book of Permaculture designs.  Perhaps the site could get permission
to use some existing published designs as well.  Books are still the
most useful "software" that I know of but a web site would allow the
occational designer to share with a large number of people.

Comments?  Ideas?  Other information exchange ideas?

Joe Dalsin - [email-masked]

---

From: egidio reale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:40:31 -0400

>I think that most people are better served by a good book and contact

I definitely agree in this case.

>Joe Dalsin - [email-masked]

It sounds like a good idea, perhaps some space could be provided by the
same server; we should get their opinion.