Subject: University PC Solstice Design Intensive

From: "Akiva Werbalowsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 07:45:19 PDT

****************************

Solstice Permaculture Design Course in San Luis Obispo, California

****************************

Presented by Cal Poly Permaculture and the Central Coast Permaculture 
Guild, begins June 21 with a summer solstice celebration Sunday night
and finishes with an Independence Day Celebration on July 4. Come enjoy 
the transformation of the fourth largest agricultural university into a 
full-scale Permaculture training center. 

It takes place on the Cal Poly Campus with tent camping and seasonal
village living at the certified organic Permaculture Center and Student 
Experimental Farm. Coordinated by Akiva Werbalowsky, Julian Kayne, and 
Senior Instructor Larry Santoyo, additional presenters will include a 
"who's who" of the West Coast's most progressive leaders in Permaculture 
and Ecological Design. Participants will receive professional 
certification from Cal Poly Permaculture and continuing education units 
(CEUs) upon completion of the course. 

Come experience the spectacular new certified-organic Permaculture site, 
green and abundant after vitalization by El Nino rains. Sit in the 
shaded cool of the "Bioresource Amphitheater" at summer solstice, hear 
the drums around the fire in the "Native Seed Festival Circle", relax 
and smell the "Herbal Healing Garden", taste heirloom organic fruits and 
veggies moments after harvest. 

Tuition is $895 for the two weeks and includes local organic
meals, instruction, course materials, camping space, and more. There is 
also limited spaces for local residents and community to benefit from 
all instruction without having the cost of camping and meals for $565. 
One day Course Passes are available for $100 and include three meals and 
one night camping. 

We encourage tax-deductible donations and scholarship sponsorship, 
especially from bioregionally progressive individuals and businesses, 
for those who would otherwise be unable to participate. Contact Akiva if 
you are willing to help support these efforts. 

Partial work-exchange opportunity is still available in limited areas of 
responsibility.

Schedule will be: 

arrive after 12 noon Sunday, June 21
opening celebration Sunday night
four days instruction
one free day off
four days instruction
one day off
four days instruction
Community Exposition and Exchange begins 11am Fri. July 3
final celebration Sat. July 4
Sunday, July 5, 10am group circle/good-byes, depart

University facilities including Olympic pool, showers, dining
establishments, entertainment, and health food stores are all within
walking distance. The finest parks and California central coast 
recreation is accessible by bike and public transportation for those not 
dependent on automobiles.

For those who are prepared to live the dream of ecological restoration 
and harmonious community design, we will be learning practical skills
and relationships proven to make a positive difference.

For registration or questions, call Cal Poly Extended Education at:

(805) 756-2053 or email: [email-masked]

There will be the opportunity for organizations, individuals, and
enterprises to display information and work-net with each other during 
the Community Exposition and Exchange Day. Please contact Akiva for
details.
           
Thank you.   

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com