Subject: (no subject)

From: NSPU <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:58:11 +0700

ANNOUNCEMENT
Medan, June 1, 1998

Dear friends,
We would  like to inform you that North Sumatra Peasant Union/SPSU have
already moved to this new address:
1. Mailing Address:
    Jl. Karya Jasa 58 Pkl. Masyhur
    Medan
    Sumatera Utara – Indonesia 20143
2. Tel./Fax: +6261 762073
3. Email Address: [email-masked]

Thanks for your cooperation (and also your support for Indonesian
People's struggle againts Suharto's regime!) hopefully our communication

will be more closer in the future!

Muhammad Yunus Nasution
Ketua Umum / President

Muhammad Harris Putra
Sekretaris Umum/General Secretary
Serikat Petani Sumatera Utara/SPSU (North Sumatra Peasant Union/NSPU) is

the federation of peasant consists of 40 local peasant organizations in
North Sumatera Province as its member.SPSU was declared by the peasant
of North Sumatera in
Parsariran, South Tapanuli District, North Sumatera Province Indonesia
on June 3 1994. SPSU was the member of La Via Campesina (International
Peasant Movement) at International Level, and member of Consortium for
Agrarian Reform (KPA)
at National Level.
SPSU is founder and member of Federasi Serikat Petani Indonesia/FSPI
(Federation of Indonesian Peasant Union/FIPU). FSPI or FIPU declared on
July 8th 1998 by several peasant organization of Indonesia.
SPSU has two main bodies : Peasant Representative Board as the
legislative body and The Peasant Executive Body. Both of them are
elected by Congress directly. In order
to implement its program  SPSU will set up the Special Task Force and
recruit the Consulates in local, regional, national, and international
level. Special task force and
Consulates are the supporting system of The Peasant Executive body
consists of everyone and every institutions who concern to the Agrarian
Reform, Sustainable Agriculture, Democracy, and Peasant Movement.