Subject: Wet and Wild Weather's Relation to Global Warming

From: Gary Gallon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:54:32 -0300

GALLON ENVIRONMENT LETTER
        Canadian Institute for Business and the Environment
          Institut Canadien du Commerce et de l’environnement
            506 Victoria Ave., Montreal, Quebec H3Y 2R5
              Ph. (514) 369 0230, Fax (514) 369 3282
                        Email  [email-masked]
                     Vol. 3, No. 16, June 5, 1999 

**************************************************************************
      INTERNATIONAL   INTERNATIONAL   INTERNATIONAL
**************************************************************************

WET AND WILD CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED BY
GLOBAL WARMING

Maybe it is time the oil companies and the coal energy operations
should begin to understand their responsibility. Their greenhouse
gas (GHG) emissions are responsible for not only raising global temperatures
but for the unusual extreme weather system changes and wetter weather
in the northern hemisphere. Recent studies from scientists can explain
the action of upper atmosphere winds and find their changes closely 
linked to global warming. This is according to a team of scientists from 
Columbia University along with Drew  Shindell, an atmospheric scientist 
from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, using computer 
simulations. They found that the large winter warming that has occurred
in the Northern Hemisphere over the last 30 years is likely a result of 
human activities that increase greenhouse gases. They found that
GHG warmer winters will bring more wet weather to Europe and 
Western North America, Shindell said, with Western Europe the worst 
hit by storms coming off the Atlantic. Their research report, published 
in the June 3, 1999 issue of the British journal "Nature," projects a 
continuation of the current trend for the next 30 to 50 years.

They confirmed that the global mean surface temperatures have increased 
in the range of 0.6 to 1.2°F since the late 19th century. But far more severe 
warming has taken place over wide regions of northern Eurasia, Canada 
and Alaska, with temperatures averaging 7 to 10°F warmer in the last 35 
years, according to data previously compiled by the NASA's Goddard 
Institute. For the complete story go to website http://ens.lycos.com/ens/

***********************************************************

EUROPE USING TOUGH GREENHOUSE GAS REDUCTION
MEASURES TO CREATE COMPETITIVE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE

While Canada and the United States experiment with voluntary
measures and go slow on climate change, countries in Europe are
taking a much stronger environmental stand. They are using a mixture 
of taxes, fiscal incentives, and regulations to drive innovation in new 
technologies and a competitive advantage in the world economy. 
Canada, once a leader in environmental technologies, will soon be 
buying technologies from Europe. Canada and the U.S. for that matter,
will be losing their competitive advantage in the growing alternative
energy and energy efficiency technologies and processes market. The 
European branch of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) has issued 
a study which shows that an energy tax and renewable energy technology 
to tackle global warming will stimulate technological innovation and 
demand for European produced goods, and would cut unemployment 
across the European Union. 

The study released at the meeting of European Union leaders in Cologne, 
Germany, who were there to discuss the issue of a jobs strategy and climate 
change, is entitled, "A Review of Employment Effects of European Union 
Policies and Measures for CO2 Emission Reductions." It was commissioned 
by WWF and conducted by the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and 
Innovation Research, Karlsruhe, Germany. It was written by Dr. Rainer 
Walz, Dr. Joachim Schleich, Regina Betz and Carsten Nathani. The report 
cites research that suggests up to 1.9 million jobs across the European 
Union could be created by an energy tax. The Fraunhofer Institute study 
looks at the costs and benefits of measures to tackle global warming  
greater efficiency in manufacturing processes, combined generation of 
heat and power, renewable energy technologies, energy efficient domestic 
appliances, better insulation for buildings and improved fuel economy for 
cars. Researchers concluded that all measures would boost employment. 
You can get the report at the WWF website 
<http://www.panda.org/home.cfm>http://www.panda.org/home.cfm

**********************************************************************

A WORLDWIDE US $20 BILLION INVESTMENT IN WIND 
POWER WILL TRIPLE WIND ELECTRICITY ECONOMIC
ACTIVITY OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS 

Global wind power capacity will more than triple over the five
years to 2003, the Danish wind energy consultancy BTM Consult 
ApS forecasted. Installed capacity was just 10,000 megawatts (MW) 
at the end of 1998, but it is expected to soar to 21,000 MW by 2003. 
The consultancy said there were plans for large off shore windmills
and that Europe would remain the main growth region for windmill sales. 
"The sales value of coming...wind power installations amounts to some 
US $20 billion. Denmark is taking a competitive advantage lead over 
Canada and other countries in windmill turbine technology, design and
manufacturing in the world move to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The industry leaders include Denmark’s Vestas Co. and NEG Micon Inc.
NEG Micon`s 1998 gross revenues were 3.02 billion Danish Crowns. 
Vestas projected a 30 to 35% increase in 1999 revenues from last year`s 
2.83 billion crowns. The Danish windmill turbine makers` main
competitors in Europe were German and Spanish companies.
Source, Reuters 'World Environment News' headlines.
Planet Ark website http://www.planetark.org/news/

******************************************************************

U.S. PRESIDENT CLINTON ORDERS GOVERNMENT
TO REDUCE GHG EMISSIONS

President Clinton issued an executive order this week directing 
his own federal agencies to reduce their energy consumption by 35% 
from 1985 levels by 2010. This was done after the Republicans, backed
by the oil and coal industry, have blocked Clinton’s efforts to endorse
Kyoto and apply greenhouse gas emission reductions throughout the
United States. Clinton reports that better conservation on the part of the 
nation's biggest energy user would not only reduce greenhouse gas 
emissions, but will save taxpayers an estimated $750 million per year in
oil, gas and coal energy consumption, and reduce emissions of GHG’s.
The order does not apply to energy used for the military or for
transportation.

Source of basic information, New York Times, "Federal Agencies Told to 
Lower Energy Use.", June 4, 1999. For more information visit the website
<http://www.caddetee.org/>http://www.caddetee.org/

*********************************************************************

NEW UN CLIMATE WEBSITE

The secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on 
Climate Change (UNFCCC) has been on the World Wide Web since 
1995.  This new "third generation" website, http//www.unfccc.de, 
updates and consolidates information from the previous sites and adds 
several new features and resources.  Information on the site is now more 
streamlined making it easier and quicker to locate information. Moreover, 
the secretariat has upgraded its Internet connection from 128Kbs to
2Mbs in order to handle the 1,000,000-plus hits it receives each month.

The site provides Parties, representatives of observer organisations 
and others interested in the UNFCCC process, with a one-stop source 
of news, data, information and documents.  Information is organised 
under seven main headings What's New, The Secretariat, Programmes, 
Resources, Sessions, News Room and Site Information. For more 
information, visit the site or contact, Kevin Grose, Information Support 
Subprogramme, UNFCCC, POB 260 124, D-53153, Bonn, Germany.
Tel. (49 228) 815-1528, Fax. (49 228) 815-1999, Email 
[email-masked] Website <http://www.unfccc.de/>http://www.unfccc.de

*****************************************************************

SPAIN BLOCKS EUROPEAN BID TO APPLY CARBON TAX

Progress on an energy tax for the European Union (EU) is being 
blocked by Spain. On May 25,  Spain blocked efforts by the Germany 
EU presidency to push ahead with plans to extend EUwide minimum
levels of energy tax  raising doubts over the future of the proposal.
Spain's state secretary for economic affairs, Cristóbal Montoro, told a 
meeting of finance ministers that the very principle of expanding EUwide  
energy tax levels was unacceptable. Source Environment News Service 
(ENS) 1999.

******************************************************************

URBAN SPRAWL BAD FOR THE ECONOMY

It might be good for strip mall builders and suburban home builders,
but it is not good economic sense for the whole of the business
community and for the municipalities that have to provide the water,
sewage and electricity infrastructure.  A number of American business 
leaders are beginning to recognize that  sprawl can raise the cost of 
doing business and reduce long- term profitability. This is a key finding 
of a new study entitled, "Profiles of  Business Leadership on Smart 
Growth, New Partnerships Demonstrate the  Economic Benefits of 
Reducing Sprawl," which will be released  June 14, 1999 in  Washington, 
D.C. A roundtable discussion will be held on the issue in Washington,
D.C. Monday, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm, June 14, 1999, at the Hotel 
Washington, located at 515 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 
Roundtable participants will include executives from the Bank of 
America, Consumers Energy,  DaimlerChrysler, Deere & Company, 
Electric Power Research Institute, and Interface, Inc.
The meeting will feature U.S. EPA Administrator Carol Browner.
For a copy of the report, or to attend the roundtable contact 
NALGEP at ph. (202) 638-6254, or go to website
<http://www.nalgep.org/>http://www.nalgep.org
 
**************************************************************

GOVERNMENT OF BRAZIL COOPERATES WITH GREENPEACE
TO SAVE AMAZON RAIN FOREST

Brazil’s President Fernando Henrique Cardoso and Brazil’s 
Environment Minister, Jose Sarney Filho, met with Thilo Bode, 
Executive Director of Greenpeace International in the federal 
capital Brasilia. In a unprecedented move, the nation and the radical
environment group are launching a campaign to save the Amazon 
rainforest, both for its biodiversity and for its future economic value
to the Brazilian economy. The campaign to protect the future economic
sustainable values of the Amazon rainforest will be one of Greenpeace's 
and the Government of Brazil’s top priorities going into the next 
Millennium. According to the Brazilian government 80 percent of 
all logged timber in the Amazon is illegal. Sarney detailed government 
plans to send army, navy and air force units into the Amazon River 
rainforest in its most aggressive attack yet on illegal loggers. 

As recently as 1970, 99 percent of the Amazon remained intact. Today, 
the Brazilian government estimates that 14 percent of the Brazilian 
Amazon, an area about the size of France has been deforested. During the 
last four years, an area the size of the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg 
combined has been lost. Greenpeace has offered its research and information 
capabilities to cooperate with the Brazilian government. Greenpeace produced 
a recent report entitled, "Facing Destruction: A Greenpeace Briefing on the 
Timber Industry in the Brazilian Amazon."  It identifies 2,500 logging 
companies and sawmills, most of them illegal and not providing taxes or 
income to the nation, as they strip it of its valuable forest resources. The
report 
identifies 26 foreign owned transnational companies which are now operating 
in the Amazon. Environment News Service (ENS) 1999. All Rights Reserved.  
For the complete story go to website
<http://ens.lycos.com/ens>http://ens.lycos.com/ens/

************************************************************

MTBE IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT, A WORKSHOP
IN LONDON

Imperial College, London is hosting a one day experts workshop
June 8, 1999, on the environmental dangers of MTBE, particularly 
in groundwater. The workshop is being held in collaboration with 
Komex International and with sponsorship from the U.K. Environment 
Agency. The workshop will explore the current state of knowledge about 
MTBE, in terms of its potential health risks, likely impact on groundwater, 
its ultimate fate and its transport properties. Methyl tertiarybutyl ether 
(MTBE) has been added to motor fuels since the early 1980s and in recent 
years legislation on air quality has resulted in its increased use. However, 
in addition to its unpleasant taste and odour, there are increasing concerns 
over possible health risks associated with the presence of MTBE in drinking 
water. A combination of high solubility, poor sorption properties and very 
low rates of intrinsic degradation means that MTBE is extremely mobile in 
groundwater and releases of MTBE from underground storage tanks and other 
point sources are likely to pose a future contamination threat for
groundwater.

A recent US survey reported MTBE to be the second most common 
contaminant in shallow urban aquifers in the US. For information contact, 
Sally Verkaik, Centre for Continuing Education, Imperial College, Room 
526 Sherfield Building, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, Tel: +44 (0) 171 
594 6882, Fax: +44 (0)171 594 6883, Email  [email-masked]

***********************************************************************

STEEL INDUSTRY IN THE U.S. FOCUS OF NEEDED
ENVIRONMENTAL CLEAN UP

A new national pollution prevention performance ranking of integrated 
iron and steel mills by the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) indicates 
that mills in Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, and Ohio rank among the worst 
third of facilities in the US for pollution prevention. EDF urges these 
plants to do more to prevent pollution. The integrated iron and steel 
mills that ranked among the worst third of facilities in the US based 
on 1996 pollution data are USX/US Steel in Gary, IN, Ispat Inland 
Steel in East Chicago, Indiana, National Steel in Granite City, Illinois, 
Bethlehem Steel in Sparrows Point, Maryland, LTV Steel in Cleveland, 
Ohio, and AK Steel in Middletown, Ohio. Of the nation's 14 other 
integrated iron and steel mills, four mills, LTV Steel in East Chicago, 
Indiana, Arkansas, Steel in Ashland, Kentucky, USS/Kobe Steel in 
Lorain, Ohio, and Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel in Steubenville, Ohio, 
reported data that were so unreliable they could not be ranked. The 
integrated iron and steel mill rankings is a powerful tool for facility 
neighbors to forge a dialogue with industry. For example, Ispat Inland 
Steel in East Chicago, Indiana, for example, put an advanced coke making 
process in place in 1998, so EDF expects Inland's pollution prevention 
performance to improve. This plant ranked in the worst third of plants in 
the nation in 1996. The federal government needs to create the appropriate 
set of incentives and regulatory changes to facilitate more such upgrades 
nationwide. While many mills do not report complete and accurate 
pollution information, four mills provided such poor data that EDF was 
unable to judge their pollution prevention performance. The integrated 
iron and steel mill rankings can be found on the new EDF Iron and Steel 
Community Guide website
<http://www.edf.org/communityguides>http://www.edf.org/communityguides

*********************************************************************
PACIFIC CONFERENCE ON ENVIRONMENTAL AND
RESOURCE ECONOMICS HELD MAY 21 TO 22, 1999

Obtain the proceedings from the Pacific Northwest Conference on 
Environmental and Resource Economics, held May 21 and 22, 1999,
at the Eugene Hilton, in Eugene, Oregon. It was sponsored by The 
Mikesell Center for Environmental and Resource Economics, 
Department of Economics, University of Oregon. Subjects included
 "Selecting Biological Reserves Cost Effectively" and "Pricing Biodiversity".
Andrea Maechler, from the University of California at Santa Cruz, 
presented a paper on, "Can a Cleaner Environment be Good for
Business?" Sally Hays from the University of Oregon, spoke on
"Eco-Labeling and Coordination Failures". Contact "Georgette G. 
Winther at email [email-masked]

*********************************************************

THE U.S. COMMITS $200 MILLION TO CLEAN WATER

More than US $200 million has been budgeted for clean water 
improvements in rural communities in 44 states and  Puerto Rico.
The amount is the largest single announcement for rural  wastewater 
projects in the US Dept of Agriculture’s history. About $155 million 
will come in the form of loans  and grants from USDA. An additional 
$52.4 million will come from other public and private sources.
``Many of us take the luxury of clean and safe drinking water
and adequate waste disposal for granted,'' Dan Glickman said. ``Even as
we approach the year 2000, more than 2.3 million rural Americans
live in homes without safe running water or no pipes running in it
at all.''  The grants and loans will be used primarily to improve
wastewater systems. 
           
****************************************************************

EUROPEAN AUTO INDUSTRY VOLUNTARILY AGREES
TO CUT AUTO EMISSIONS 25%

The European Commission endorsed an offer by the European 
auto industry to voluntarily cut carbon dioxide (CO2) pollution 
from cars by about 25% by reducing fuel consumption. The deal, 
reached after European Union governments threatened to
impose legally- binding pollution limits on vehicle manufacturers,
commits members of the European Automobile Manufacturers'
Association (ACEA) to cutting the amount of CO2 in exhaust fumes
to an average 140 grams per km by 2008. The Commission said the 
current average in the 15-nation EU was 186g CO2/km in 1995.
The deal will oblige car makers to reduce the average fuel
consumption of their fleet to six litres per 100 kilometres for
petrol engines and 5.3 litres per 100km for diesel vehicles.
Source, Harald Agerley, Skovbrynet 16  -  DK 6400 Sonderborg,
Denmark, Ph. +45 74426313, email [email-masked]  

**************************************************************

CLEANER CARS IN U.S. BUT DIRTIER PRODUCTION PLANTS?

Some of the world's most fuel-efficient cars are made in the dirtiest 
U.S. factories, says a new report by the Center for Economic Priorities. 
For example, Honda and Mitsubishi, makers of top-rated fuel-efficient 
cars, were the worst overall polluters. Mitsubishi generated 21.6 pounds 
of toxic emissions per vehicle produced at its Normal, IllInois, plant, 
according to the report, "The Worst and Best Auto & Tire Companies." 
That's more than four times the emissions of Chrysler's eight U.S.
facilities, 
which rated cleanest. For more details contact, CEP, 30 Irving Place., 
New York, NY 10003; ph. 212- 420- 1133; fax 212-420-0988, Website
<http://www.cepnyc.org/>http://www.cepnyc.org

*******************************************************************

GENERAL MOTORS TAKES STEPS TO RECYCLE
MATERIALS FROM CARS

General Motors signed a US$1 billion deal to buy recycled aluminum.
Under the agreement, GM will buy about 2 billion pounds of recycled
aluminum from Imco Recycling Inc. over 13 years. The recycling operation
will be "a perfect loop" because a quarter or more of the scrap headed for
the Imco plant will come from GM. The auto maker said it expects the
aluminum content of its vehicles to rise 7% annually. Another new GM 
initiative will recycle used industrial oil and wastewater contaminated 
during manufacturing. The program will recycle more than 15 million 
gallons of such fluids annually, and will ultimately reclaim about 5 
million gallons of oil. GM will partner with Safety-Kleen to re-refine 
hydraulic fluids, gear oils, and lubricants. The fluids and oils will be 
returned to GM for reuse as maintenance lubricants and metal-removal 
fluids. Source, For more information, contact, Tilden Press Inc., 1519 
Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036, ph. 202- 332- 1700, 
fax 202- 332- 3028 (fax), email  [email-masked], 
website <http://www.greenbiz.com/>http://www.greenbiz.com

***************************************************************

ALASKAN CONFERENCE ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
AND THE ENVIRONMENT, JULY 22, 1999

The Alaska Conservation Alliance and the Alaska Wilderness 
Recreation and Tourism Association are co-sponsoring a conference 
entitled, "Can the Last Frontier Have a Sustainable Future?" The 
conference will be held July 22, 1999 in Anchorage. The purpose 
of the conference is to elicit credible, creative ideas to help build a 
prosperous, sustainable future for the long-term based on economic 
activities that do not degrade or too quickly deplete our natural assets. 
One of Alaska's urgent challenges is to achieve a healthy economy and high
quality of life based on the sustainable use of the state's abundant natural
resources, particularly those that are publicly-owned. Doing so requires
balancing the investment, use and management of all of our assets,
including, Financial capital, Natural capital (clean air and water, fish, 
wildlife, forest, mineral and petroleum resources); and human capital 
(accumulated knowledge, skills, technology, education). For additional 
information, contact Kay Brown, Executive Director, Alaska 
Conservation Alliance, 750 W. 2nd Ave., Suite 109, Anchorage, Alaska
99501, ph. (907) 258-6174, fax (907) 258-6177, email [email-masked]

**************************************************************
        CANADA   CANADA   CANADA   CANADA
**************************************************************

DAVID RUNNALLS NEW PRESIDENT OF IISD

Jim MacNeill, Chairman of the Board of the International Institute for
Sustainable Development (IISD), announced the appointment of David 
Runnalls as President and CEO of the Winnipegbased Institute. Runnalls,
a Canadian, has had a strong 27 year history in the environment, starting
with his work for the 1972 UN Stockholm Conference on the Environment.
Following the conference he helped world renown development economist
Barbara Ward establish the International Institute for Environment and 
Development (IIED) based in London, U.K. After working in the London
office for seven years, in 1981 he moved to Washington where he made 
IIED's North American office into one of the premier players in the 
international environment arena in the United States. He returned to 
Canada in 1988 where he helped to create the Environment Program at the 
Institute for Research on Public Policy. He left IRPP in 1993 to become a 
Senior Fellow of IISD and Senior Adviser to both the President of the 
International Development Research Centre and the Administrator of
the United Nations Development Programme. For further information, 
visit the IISD website at <http://iisd.ca/>http://iisd.ca/ or contact Lael
Dyck,
Office of 
the President, at Ph. (204) 9587707.

******************************************************************

POSSIBLE NEW ENVIRONMENT AGENDA FOR 
NEW ONTARIO GOVERNMENT

The Recycling Council of Ontario (RCO) reports in its latest 
newsletter that, “with the return of a majority PC government 
for a second term and the promise of an ambitious new agenda, 
the environment community looks forward to an announcement 
about the Waste Diversion Organization in the near future. In 
addition, the government’s “Blueprint” spells out its plans to 
introduce Canada’s toughest environmental penalties and strongest 
enforcement to Ontario. This will be accomplished, according to 
the Blueprint, with the doubling of maximum penalties for corporate 
environmental law breakers, the creation of an environmental SWAT 
team at the Ministry of the Environment to audit industries and make 
sure they are obeying the rules, the combining of the current “patchwork 
quilt of laws” that protect the environment into one clear, comprehensive 
and easily enforced set of environmental laws and the establishment of a 
tollfree Pollution Hotline so that citizens can report acts of pollution. 
Visit the Ontario Ministry of the Environment website at 
<http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/>http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/ Also visit the RCO
website
at  <http://www.rco.on.ca/>http://www.rco.on.ca/

*****************************************************************

LETTER TO THE EDITOR
CORRECT THE RECORD ON PERT EMISSIONS TRADING

To the Editor of the Gallon Report, In her recent report to the 
Legislature, Ontario Environment Commissioner Eva Legeti 
wrote that emission trading as a tool for pollution reduction 
requires transparency and accountability measures. In the May 
3, 1999, edition of the Gallon Report, it was incorrectly stated 
that the Commissioner wrote that these attributes were lacking 
in the Pilot Emission Reduction Trading (PERT) Program. Thank 
you for allowing us to correct the record. If you have any question 
about PERT please feel free to call me at the number below. Sincerely, 
Betty Rozendaal, Chair, PERT Pilot, Senior Policy Advisor, Union 
Gas Ltd., 200 Yorkland Blvd., Toronto, Ontario M2J 5C6, Tel. (416) 496- 5205

******************************************************************

UNEP INTERNATIONAL DECLARATION ON CLEANER 
PRODUCTION, CANADA TO HOST NEXT HIGH LEVEL MEETING

On April 23, 1999, Ministers of the Environment and other global 
environment leaders signed the UNEP International Declaration on 
Cleaner Production at the ongoing session of the UN Commission 
on Sustainable Development. "Their signatures formalize their
countries' commitment to the preventive environmental management
strategy of cleaner production", said Klaus Toepfer, Executive
Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
At its launch at UNEP's Fifth International High-level Seminar on
Cleaner Production in October 1998, in the Republic of Korea, the
Declaration attained 67 inaugural signatories. Since then, over
1800 signatures have been received at various international signing
ceremonies. "We are extremely pleased at the results the
Declaration has achieved since the Korea launch", says Mr. Toepfer. 

The Environment Minister of Canada, Ms Christine Stewart, upon
signing the Declaration, announced that Canada will host the 6th 
High-level UNEP Cleaner Production Conference in the year 2000.  
"We look forward to sharing our experiences with successful pollution 
prevention measures with the international environmental community", 
said Minister Stewart. For further information, please contact, the 
Division of Technology, Industry and Economics Division Office,
Tour Mirabeau, 39-43 Quai Andre Citroen, 75739 Paris - Cedex 15,
France Tel. +33 1 44 37 14 50; Fax +331 44 37 14 74
E-mail [email-masked] Website http://www.unepie.org 

*************************************************************

          ********************************************
  ***************************************************************

             $180.90 ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION TO
            THE GALLON ENVIRONMENT LETTER 

Subscribe to "The Gallon Environment Letter". The 8 to 10 page newsletter is
loaded with up to date business and policy information that your company, 
government agency, or organization can use immediately. It is provided twice 
a month. It is also accompanied by the "Green Jobs Available Report" that is 
sent to you once a month. Subscribe now. Send a cheque for $180.90 a year 
($169.00+ $11.90 GST) and help finance the research that delivers inside 
information and breaking news on environment business in Canada and the
world. 
Make your cheque out to, "Gallon Letter", 506 Victoria Ave., Montreal,
Quebec, 
H3Y 2R5.
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Copyright (c) 1999 Canadian Institute for
      Business and the Environment, Montreal
              All rights reserved.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]