Subject: Author's right

From: "Mr. Stéphane Blanchard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:50:52 -0300

Hello everybody,
		I am currently putting a Web page in French on Permaculture.  I find
there is quite a few pages on the subject in this language but very few
in French.  So I am giving it a try.  
I am just wondering about author's right and things like that.  I
translated the preface from "Introduction to Permaculture" and I was
wondering if it is O.K. if I put the info of the source after the
translated version.

		Thanks.
Stéphane

---

From: Scott Pittman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:58:34 -0700 (PDT)

>wondering if it is O.K. if I put the info of the source after the
Dear Stephane,

I think that it's great that you are putting permaculture into French but
first you should write the Permaculture Institute in Australia
<[email-masked]> or to <[email-masked]> to get permission
from the author Bill Mollison.  Bill is very sensitive about people using
his work without permission because he has had whole books translated and
sold without his knowledge.

I doubt that he will mind if you properly attribute your translation - but
please check it out with him.
Scott & Arina Pittman

Permaculture Institute
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501  US
*********
Ingenio Patet Campus