Subject: RE: elitist PC?

From: EFMonaco <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:38:05 -0400

I think it's okay for permaculture to be taught to the first world in the
way the PDC was organized by Mollison.  After all, it's the first world
that needs it the most.  Mother culture here in the North is the main force
at odds with nature.  While the third world may copy the industrial
agricultural model from lack of awareness, and permaculture will help this
no doubt, I'm not aware of too many Mayan villages that produce chemical
fertilizers and pesticides, and genetically engineer seeds, and irridiate
the outcome, and build suburban sprawls amid a sea of automobile and power
plant emissions, etc...  Permaculture was created for us of the first world
who have bought in to the industrial agricultural model.  It's a
consciousness-raising exercise conceived by a member of the first world
that wanted to promote change among the dwellers of the first world.  In
that light, let us pay our fees, get our little certificates, think we know
something others don't that now makes us world-class do-gooder elitists
ready to save the world.  We looked in the face of the enemy and it was us.
Gene Monaco
still in Knoxville

Message text written by "permaculture"
>Can we only teach Pc to those with sufficient
> >education, access to information (and maybe internet) and a wide
> >experience of concepts????
> 
Perhaps - and the others, we can learn a heck of a lot from!.......<

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]