Subject: China: permaculture project workers, train-the-trainers sought for Southern China

From: "Adam Tiller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:08:13 +1000

Expressions of Interest sought for paid positions in Southern China as
Permaculture project workers and train-the-trainers.  Knowledge of
participatory development techniques required.

Adam Tiller
Asia-Pacific Unit
Australian Conservation Foundation
http://www.pegasus.com.au/~acfapu
email: [email-masked]

Refs:

The "Handpump example" of need for participatory techniques in PNG.
http://www.upng.ac.pg/SDNews/NWLT24.html#perticipation

An Introduction to Participatory Techniques
by Rachel Hinton and David Young
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/intro.html
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/pra.html
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/what.html What is PRA?
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/history.html
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/participation.html
http://www.vso.org.uk/wpapers/pra/references.html
Voluntary Service Overseas
317 Putney Bridge Road
London SW15 2PN     UK
tel (44) 181 780 7200
fax (44) 181 780 7300
email: [email-masked]
http://www.vso.org.uk/

---------------------------------------------------
http://www.cedpa.org/publications/handtrain.htm

Training Manuals

Training Trainers for Development: Conducting a Workshop on Participatory
Training Techniques

A six-day, 12-session curriculum for conducting a workshop on participatory
training techniques. This manual prepares trainers to use interactive,
learner-centered methods and to design, implement and evaluate
participatory, competency-based training. Adult educators, community
organizations, groups working with youth and organizations that wish to
strengthen in-house training skills will find this manual practical,
effective and easy to use.

--------------------------------------------
Project Design for Program Managers: Conducting a Workshop on Planning
Community-Based Projects

A six-day, 11-session curriculum to train project managers to design
community-based projects. Project design is approached as an ongoing process
within an organization, encompassing needs assessment, problem
identification, development and implementation of solutions, monitoring and
outcome assessment.  Applicable to all sectors.
-------------------------------------------------
The Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) is a
women-focused nonprofit international organization.
CEDPA field offices are located in Egypt, India, Mali, Nepal, and Nigeria.
CEDPA's main office is in Washington, D.C.

The Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA)
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036 USA
Phone (202) 667-1142, Fax (202) 332-4496
email: [email-masked]
http://www.cedpa.org/