Subject: Directions to Pond and Earthworks Course

From: Keith Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 14:24:46 -0700

Sonoma Permaculture presents:
POND BUILDING AND EARTH WORKS
with KEITH JOHNSON AND MIKE COLLINS
Oct 9th, 7-9PM; Oct 10, 11, 9AM-5PM, 1997
 To register, call: 707-829-5524, or 707-875-9323
 Workshop location: Stewart's Point, in Upper NW sonoma County, 35 A,
Pacific view, 2 creeks.
Near Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve.

Directions: Take Rt 1 North past Salt Pt. St. Pk., past Ocean Cove &
Stump Beach. After Fiske Mill Rd. turn right  on Plantation Rd, go
uphill about 200 yds, left at steel gate, combination 1212. Continue
uphill and turn right on Raintree Ct., go to end & park at log landing. 
#######################################################################################
Learn to install water catchment systems such as ponds, transfer ditches
and contour infiltration channels to   supercharge your land with water.
 
Course includes:
Global and Bioregional Water Cycles: The Big Picture
 
Constructing a Series of Linked Ponds Using Keyline Principles
 
Recharge and Restoration of Aquifers and Water Tables
 
Soil Conservation and Erosion Control
 
Using Earth-moving Equipment Ecologically
 
Aquatic Plants and Pond Ecosystems
 
Chinampa: An ancient Aztec and Mayan irrigation system
 
Course Instructors:
 
       Keith Johnson: Director of Sonoma Permaculture, has 25 years of
gardening experience and 10 years Permaculture application. He  grows &
propagates thousands of varieties of plants and maintains a large
collection of useful species.  He manages a 10 year old  design,
consulting, and construction company specializing in masonry, rock
walls, waterfalls, wetland biofilters, earth-repair, food forestry, and
runoff management.
 
       Mike Collins: Organic Farmer and landscape contractor brings 20
yrs of farming and construction experience to this course. A UC Davis
Olericulture graduate, he's presently working on Permaculture earthworks
and design, plus a nursery of useful species for Permaculture projects
on the North Coast. He is also involved in Permaculture projects in the
Chiapas region of Mexico.

Fee: $250 (will consider barter). Camping and food are provided.
Anticipate and prepare for wet weather. Deposit (or full amount)  may be
sent to Jetsun Bradford-Ebey, 64 Overlook, Bolinas, Ca. 94924

-- 
Keith 	
[email-masked]