Subject: Urgent Advise Wanted: Sheet Rock - Good or Bad??

From: eric + michiko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:08:44 -0700

URGENT ADVICE WANTED:

Anyone know what's in sheet rock (aka: drywall, plasterboard, etc.)???

I have a chance to rescue some sheet rock from a trip to the local landfill
tomorrow morning (Pacific Time).  Is there any reason I should not break it
up and scatter it around my apple orchard?  I know there's calcium in it,
but are there other things in it I _don't_ want in my orchard?

Any information appreciated!!

Eric Storm

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Guy Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:33:23 -0500

Eric-
	I do not remember where I heard it, but I remember advice against the use
of sheet rock because the adhesives used to hold it together are fairly
toxic. That seems intuitively correct to me also because nearly everything
used in the "building trades" seems to be made of fairly nasty stuff. We
wonder why allergies and other illnesses are on the rise.
Namaste',
Guy Clark

---