Subject: Cal Poly PermaReport

From: "Vern L. Chinampas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:32:08 -0800 (PST)

(posted for Akiva)

All Good!

Site has performed wonderfully through all the rain and is now shining
in the sun. Favas pumping flowers. many heirloom seeds directly sown
before rains in swales and sheetmulched beds are now up and happy.
Bioresource ampitheatre transitioning from water catchment to learning
center. RIPE STRAWBERRIES. See the mammoth red mangels swelling
like...well...like something big and red, use your imagination. Larry
Santoyo wowing 100+ participants at the SLO Library Growing Food Forum
with
visions of gopher heads on sticks to repel others. Central Coast
Perma Guild stewards Rob Kimmel and Karyn Kwid healing through the
laying-on of worms. Alison Pernell and Joe Garcia positively doing
wonders with the rapidly growing Cal Poly PermaClub.

Tomorrow (March 11): willow coppicing all morning.

Two bales of cardboard now on site for sheetmulching, along with
beaucoups compost, manure, etc.

Julian Kayne coordinating planting of about 40 good sized semi-dwarf
fruit trees. Come help with this long-term investment in ital foods.

I'll be at the site much of the time leading up to March 28th, available
for informal training to those helping with site enhancement.
Please help prepare the site for our big Open House/Solar Music Festival
on March 28. The next day will be the first session of the 10-week
Permaculture Certificate program, which has proven very popular as
registration is filling up.
 (Contact Cal Poly Extended Ed to register, or for free info which will
be mailed on request: 805-756-2053)

Plenty happening with our neighboring South Coast PermaGuild including
April events with Penny Livingston in Santa Barbara. For information and
registration call Margie Bushman 805.962.2571 or e-mail Wes Roe
<[email-masked]>. 

Celebrate good times, Come on!
Akiva

***********************************

Akiva Werbalowsky, MA
California Polytechnic State University
College of Agriculture 
Bioresource and Agricultural Engineering Department
San Luis Obispo, CA  93407

email: [email-masked]

phone: (805) 756-5086

fax:   (805) 756-2626

"Cultivating Bioregional Stewardship" 

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com