Subject: Re: WWOOF

From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:05:28 -0700

WWOOF stands for Willing Workers On Organic Farms.. I think it started in
the UK as Weekend Workers On Organic Farms.   They produce a book which
lists farms/gardens such as ours where we welcome people to come and stay
and get fed in exchange for 4-5 hours work.  It was a way for city folk to
make a connection with farms, but has become a nice way to travel and meet
people.  Most WWOOFers we get are new to organics, but like the idea and
want to see a farm and some farmers.  Some of course are on a study tour of
permaculture, biodynamic or organic farms.

Cheers Rene
PS  I think there is a WWOOF in the US, there is one in Canada.

----------
> From: FionaNyx <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Request for Info re: sustainable, self-sufficient small
farms (fwd)
> Date: Monday, 13 April 1998 21:29
> 
> what's WWOOF?