Subject: Cal Poly Permaculture/Ecofarm Conference (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:50:57 -0500 (EST)

http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:49:07 PST
From: Akiva Werbalowsky <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Cal Poly Permaculture/Ecofarm Conference

Howdy folks. I'm off to the Eco-Farm Conference tomorrow and wanted to 
share some info about happenings at Cal Poly.

If you'll be at the conference, please say hello to me at the sessions 
on bioregional food systems I facillitate on Weds. and Fri. afternoons. 
Don't forget the seed and scion exchange.

Clear paths,
akiva

PS. I thinkk the EcoFarm Website is www.csa-efc.org

******************************

UNIVERSITY PERMACULTURE TRAINING

Cal Poly Permaculture is dedicated to experiential “learn-by-doing” 
education in support of personal and bioregional wellness. Programs 
provide continuing education credits and are community-based, 
intergenerational collaborations with the Central Coast Permaculture 
Guild. They meet the needs of natural resource professionals, farmers, 
environmental and community activists, gardeners, students, and anyone 
seeking practical skills and understanding to enhance ecological health 
and diversity. We welcome and encourage your participation.

*************************************************************
March 28:	 OPEN HOUSE CELEBRATION/Solar Music Festival 
at the Cal Poly Permaculture Center and Student CCOF Organic Farm
Participatory music, dance, fire circle, camp-out, local food and 
culture

March 29:	CALIFORNIA PERMACULTURE SYMPOSIUM
All day introduction to Permaculture with top permaculture educators 
from throughout the West. Opening session for certificate program.

Sundays 9am-3pm through June 7:
(described on back)  PERMACULTURE TRAINING PROGRAM

June 21-July 4: Two Week Residential
SUMMER SOLSTICE PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE 
featuring Larry Santoyo and senior instructors from throughout the West
A limited number of work exchange opportunities are currently available.
*************************************************************

Please contact:		 [email-masked]
     (805) 756-5086

Akiva Werbalowsky, Ecological Agriculture Program Manager
Cal Poly State University
Bioresource and Agricultural Engineering Dept.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Certificate Program in
Permaculture and Ecological Design

Permaculture is a practical design process modeled on balanced 
ecosystems. It is holistic in both ethic and function, enhancing air, 
water, food, biodiversity, and community health. Permaculture is rooted 
in stewardship and efficient use of local resource ecology rather than
reliance and overconsumption of costly imported resources.

This 10-week series of experiential seminars meets Sundays from 9am-3pm 
at Cal Poly's Permaculture Center and Organic Farm. The series benefits 
all people interested in sustainable living practices, and includes 
practical training for gardeners, land managers, farmers, architects, 
planners, community service volunteers, environmental educators, and 
students. 

If you’re interested in clean air, water, healthy food and community, 
this course is for you.

Sessions include presentations, training, and "learn-by-doing" 
collaboration with permaculture designers, Cal Poly professors, 
landscape professionals, and community leaders dedicated to restorative 
ecological practices. An information packet with more detailed 
scheduling will be sent upon request.

Examples of topics covered:

Soil building, water harvesting, solar technologies, patterns in nature, 
holistic management, ecological food systems, food forestry, straw bale 
construction, chicken “tractors”, worm ranching, and community design. 
Also included are field trips to permaculture sites of interest.

Participants can register for single sessions, or the whole series which 
includes an accredited Certificate of Completion and 5 continuing 
education units (CEUs). We will assist in accomodations for out of town 
participants. Certification qualifies trainees for work-exchange 
privileges for the two-week residential Permaculture Design Course 
beginning Summer Solstice.

Instructors:
Larry Santoyo, Permaculture West, Senior Permaculture Instructor 
Akiva Werbalowsky, BA, MA, Permaculture Instructor
Julian Kayne, BA, Permaculture Instructor

The two week residential  Permaculture Design Course begins and ends 
with celebrations on Summer Solstice (June 20) and July 4. This is a 
great opportunity to live and learn Permaculture in a temporary village 
where all meals and services are developed with Permaculture practices 
in mind. Information is available on request:

[email-masked]
 (805) 756-5086
Akiva Werbalowsky
Ecological Agriculture Program Manager

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com