Subject: European course... forwarded info

From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:50:04 -0800

Declan Kennedy & Agnieszka Komoch
Global Eco-village Network (GEN) - Europe
Ginsterweg 5
Lebensgarten
31595 Steyerberg, Germany
tel: +49 5764 9 30 40
fax: + 49 57 64 23 68
[email-masked]

******************************************************************

		Eco-village Training Centre,
	GEN-Europe has set up a cycle of courses under the general heading
		"How to start an eco-village?".
	        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Course 1.	Eco-village design workshop:     	08.03. - 15.03.1998
General design with use of permaculture principles; water design, movement,
waste management, etc.Through design exercises the course will give you
most of the necessary tools to create sustainable settlements. Specific
questions from participants can be discussed. Please, bring 10 to 15 min.
presentation of your eco-village project. Tuition: Declan Kennedy,
Steyerberg and invited guests.

Course 2. 	Fund-Raising:			16.03. - 20.03.1998
Getting started in fund-raising; Donor research; Fund-raising from
corporate sector, charitable trusts and foundations; Legacy fund-raising.
DM 260,- full board, plus DM 750,- course fees. Tuition: Susan Robinson,
Glasgow

Course 3. 	Living in community:	          	17.04. - 24.04.1998
What are the joys and the pitfalls? How does community become sustainable
over time? How to create a good core group in the beginning; conflict
resolution as a learning process and decision-making processes. Please,
bring 10 to 15 min. presentation of your eco-village project. Tuition:
Declan Kennedy and invited guests

Course 4.  	Fruit tree planting		24.04. - 01.05.1998
Planting apples, pears, cherries, apricots, almonds, quince, sweet
chestnuts, peaches; mulching the older fruit trees; working in the nature
garden. Normal price full board (vegetarian) staying in a tent 1 week DM
200, both weeks DM 350. If you pay by March 26th.: 1 week DM 170, both
weeks DM 300. Tuition: Matthias Langwasser

Course 5: 	Earth cellar building 		01.05. - 08.05.1998
Building an earth cellar with bricks, wood + straw-bales to store fruit and
vegetables through the winter. Normal price full board (vegetarian) staying
in a tent 1 week DM 200, both weeks DM 350. If you pay by March 26th.: 1
week DM 170, both weeks DM 300. Tuition: Matthias Langwasser

Course 6: 	Eco-village economics:	        	08.05. - 15.05.1998
Where does the money come from? How self-reliant can an eco-village be? Is
self-sufficiency desirable? In what field can one make money? How far can
exchange systems be integrated? Tuition: guest lectures + Declan & Margrit
Kennedy

All courses start at 18.00 h. - and finish at 13.00 hours.The courses can
be attended seperately. They are primarily directed at European
participants, so the main language will be ENGLISH.
Prices (unless otherwise stated above): DM 455,- full board (vegetarian) in
Lebensgarten, accommodation in rooms with two or three beds, plus DM 500,-
course fees. GEN-Europe members get 10% price reduction on courses 1, 2, 3
and 6

LEBENSgARTEN Steyerberg is situated between Bremen and Hannover in Northern
Germany, nearest railway station is Nienburg/Weser. It is an eco-village of
approx. 150 people (adults and children), existing since 1984; a vision of
an ecological and spiritual community, aiming at living in harmony with
each other and nature. Come and enjoy community living - in one or more of
these courses.

Contact: GEN-Europe,Agnieszka Komoch,     e-mail: [email-masked]