Subject: will a small amount of milk thistle be a prob in WISC?

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 19:55:06 +0100

rec'd this comment when asking for germination on the very excellent
propagation list.  since Im somewhat unfamiliar with the species Im
wondering what others think about a small planting of milk thistle in a
zone 4 medicinal snake mound.

I should also announce that our personal homepages QAZINGULAZA are up,
most of it not permaculture related in the agricultural sense but we do
have a good lengthy section on gourd culture.

There is also essays by myself & Liz Was on sustaining the hyperculture,
which is our word for the combination of permaculture & hypermedia
integrated.

miekal and
-- 
@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#
Dreamtime Village website: http://net22.com/dreamtime
QAZINGULAZA: And/Was/Wakest website:
http://net22.com/qazingulaza
e-mail for DT & And/Was: [email-masked]

Subject: Re: cinnamon vine propagation?
From: Philip Stevens <[email-masked]>
To: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:09:57 -0800 (PST)

silybum marianum--milkthistle
>
>Im guessing stratification & germination in a hot spring greenhouse
>would do the trick?
>
>
>Also Ive been away & missed out on the seed exchange thread, is there a
>new list set up or what is this about.
>
>Miekal

Miekal -- Sorry to respond so late to your post, but I just wanted to put
in a word about Silybum marianum.  I don't know if it's hardy where you
are, but if it is, watch out!  It's a vicious weed here in California,
doing lots of damage to wildlands by choking out natives.  Unless you're
sure it won't survive outdoors in Wisconsin, you should avoid planting it
-- you could be instigating an ecological disaster.

Phil

#################################################################
Philip Stevens
Assistant Director
Center for Cultural Studies
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA  95064
(408)459-3436
(408)459-4979 (fax)
[email-masked]
#################################################################