Subject: Re: sea buckthorn

From: Scott Pittman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 20:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

At 09:50 AM 5/30/98 +0000, Miekal And wrote:
>arina:
>
>perhaps you could answer 2 other questions in reference to sea
>buckthorn.  I just read that in order to get good fruit production you
>need to have 1 male for every 6 females.  Ive never seen trees offered
>that were sexed.  Also I am growing some from seed, they have just put
>out their first real leaves, what is the best way to get them thru the
>first winter, they seem to be going very slowly & if I plant them out,
>they could get beat back by the winter.
>
>miekal
>
>
>
>
>
>_____________________________________
>Dreamtime Village
>http://www.net22.com/dreamtime/index.shtml
>
>

Hello Miekal,

Please contact One Green World nursery if you want to get sexed trees of
four  different varieties. Ask for a handfull of dirt if you will buy
bearroots, so you can innoculate them with the specific nitrogen-fixing
baktheria, associated with seaberry.

One Green World
Box 1080
Molalla OR 97038
ph.503-651-3005
f. 503-651-3882

I think feeding the seedlings will help them to establish. If you have a
Russian Olive near buy, get some soil from around its roots, dilute it with
water and feed your seedlings - it might help them to establish  symbiosis
with the nitrogen-fixing bacteria. When winter comes mulch plants with
leaves and saw dust, protect them from wind.

Recommended soil mixture for the seedlings and cuttings is  1 part of river
sand, 1 part of peat moss and 1 part of top soil.

best wishes 
Scott & Arina Pittman

Permaculture Institute
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501  US
*********
Ingenio Patet Campus

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:32:30 +0000

A couple observations from our local homesite.  Welcome any comments
including others that might be having the same occurances.

Our little town is having a tremendous spread of spittlebug, appearing
on literally every manner of plant, tho in particular it seems to
affects the wild growth more.  The leaves of the plants get interminably
wrinkled.

The second observation is that the growing tips & leaves of some plants
such as pears, peach,  peppers, gooseberries & others are dark purple
instead of the usual green.  Is this an indicator of increased UV?

Also, now that our cherry trees are starting to kick in, we have an over
abundance of robins living offa the trees.  They are not warded off by
mirrors, seem to find their way under the bird netting (& then cant find
their way out & I havent found a source of netting large enough & cheap
enough to completely enclose a tree).  Any other berries or wildlife
cover that fruits the same time as pie cherries.  I have several
varieties of bush cherries including nanking & korean & they have barely
set fruit.

miekal

---

From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:03:22 -0700

Miekal and All:

	Here in Brazil all the orange trees seem to be ill-- in various
regions  many miles apart.
	We tried intuitive contact with the trees, and got the information that
they are in fact reacting to planetary imbalances.  We are treating them
with pruning, planting of  many  companion plants and specific floral
treatments.  As these plants are now reacting to energetic imbalances in
the planet, it is becoming increasingly useful to  include energetic 
strategies in the treatment.  There is a wealth of possibilities.  I
recommend those interested in looking up Perelandra materials ( they
have a homepage)   which teaches how to access information  directly 
and how to use floral rememdies ( which we have seen to be very
effective) and materials from Viktor Schauberger. But there are many
other possibilities,  such as crystals, copper coils , radionics, etc...

Marsha Hanzi

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:25:23 +0000

Marsha Hanzi wrote:

  As these plants are now reacting to energetic imbalances in
> strategies in the treatment. 

What kind of results have you gotten from energy work with the plants. 
Have you noticed any difference in the orange trees that you are
treating in this way?  In what form are you transmitting the flower
essences?  Isnt the potency of such solutions related to the intent of
of the "gardener"?  & if so, are radionic, crystals & psychotronics in
general actually necessary, couldnt a gardener work with the energetics
of the land in the same way a shaman heals a patient?

Miekal

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 09:36:10 +0000

I recommended trumpet vine, lonicera sp to a friend whose new homestead
Im helping design, as the old standby hummingbird plant.  Well she went
to Walmart & bought what they call trumpet vine, campis radicans.  My
question is, does anyone know if this plant is a hummingbird attractor? 
>From the photos, its flowers look quite similar.

Miekal

---

From: Mary Whitney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:47:28 -0400

re: trumpet vine

Yes, campsis radicans is indeed a hummingbird attractor - even in its
yellow form (nobody told hummingbirds they're only supposed to be
attracted to red)  It is native to southeastern and some of eastern
areas of midwest [US], and does well in shade or sun.  It can easily
tear down a weak support - make sure the supporting structure is very
sturdy.  

Mary Whitney
Rachel Carson Institute
Chatham College
Pittsburgh, PA  
[email-masked]

---

From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:37:22 -0700

> of the land in the same way a shaman heals a patient?
      A very good observation, probably true.... The advantage of this
work -- as taught in the Perelandra materials -- is that anyone, with or
without  special sensitivity, can have access to the information and 
treat at the energy level.  Using the pendulum (  or kinesiology (
muscle testing), which is taught in the books), you can ask : if the
plant is ill?  Does it need to be fertilized? Which fertilizers?  Does
it need florals? Which ones?  Should they be applied in the water or 
"etherically" ( put a drop on your hand    and ask that the energy be
magnified to the level necessary.)  Apparently it is important to have a
bit of the physical material present  ( the florals) in order to offer
exactly that kind of energy... What I like about this work is its
precision.  I can have an intuition about a plant but not be very sure
about its exactness...With this method, it is very interesting how
precise the information is.

	We just implanted an herb mandala in a community here,for example, a
very complex design with seven inner hearts and twenty half-moons around
the edge, testing which  herb would go in which bed (28 in total).  It
was interesting that no herb tested for two places-- each had a specific
place in the design. (I put a long list of possible herbs in front of me
and tested one by one. It takes a long time.)

	I would like to make it clear that this process has nothing to do with
mysticism.  We are just hooking into energy structures that exist but to
which  until now only exceptionally sensitive people had access.  It is
actually quite a  backyard process, very simple to apply.

	We treated the first  orange tree only a month ago, and rain has been
scant, but the tree seems to be reviving with a new vigor ( it was
virtually dead-- and a rare old variety it is, specific practically to
this remote valley-- it takes about one day to walk into there). I  will
be able to say with confidence that we have the solution for these trees
only some 6 months from now, or even  longer. 

	As our systems are balanced, we actually have few cases where we are
worried about sick plants, as we consider illness and pests just to be
signs of errors in our own system and management.We don`t normally
"combat" anybody ...(Cooperation not competition)  But lately I  have
noted strange inexplicable imbalances, similar to those mentioned by 
Miekal which don`t seem to be caused by local imperfections of the
system. And I think we all can recognize that we will most probably face
more and more of them as time goes by.  Just the temperature extremes of
the planet in the last years must be stressing tremendously our
plants...

	At that point, it is useful to have access to energy strategies as one
more tool for keeping our systems balanced.
Marsha

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:32:30 +0000

miekal

---

From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:03:22 -0700

Miekal and All:

Marsha Hanzi

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:25:23 +0000

Marsha Hanzi wrote:

Miekal

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 09:36:10 +0000

Miekal

---

From: Mary Whitney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:47:28 -0400

re: trumpet vine

Mary Whitney
Rachel Carson Institute
Chatham College
Pittsburgh, PA  
[email-masked]

---

From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:37:22 -0700

Marsha