Subject: leaky batteries

From: Jack Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:19:07 -0500

Lee wrote:... "I get really tired of hearing the line, whenever someone
gets angry, that it must be because there is "something within that we
don't like"... 

Didn't say MUST be... COULD be, though... I wonder which of us does not
live by the system of global rape&pillage which now exists? 

and ..."I find the 'new age' way of dealing with anger - namely being
afraid of it... to be very troublesome"...

Don't have to fear anger... in fact, if you DON'T fear anger, you might
find some interesting little goodies hiding mighty close by at the end of
any little "anger strings" you've got the temerity to grab the end of and
start unravelling. Fear of facing anger/pain fuels addiction... there's a
gas-guzzler for you. 

A few good points, though, Lee -- I agree with one particularly... whatever
you DO decide to do with anger, DON'T bottle it -- no one will pay you for
it (beat poetry?), and it'll leak through any container and mess up the
carpet. 

Jack

---

From: Loren Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 12:49:49 -0800

At 12:51 AM 3/28/98 -0500, Lee Flier wrote:
(stuff on anger)

>Well I guess this has turned into a big rant, but Permaculture to me is
>about being able to do something about real global problems on a level that
>is still human scale, still within arm's reach of people like you and me,
>not something you have to have money and power to do. 

When we have folks up visiting our proto-demonstration site/homestead, often
we get into discussions on the state of the world.  Long about the time the
discussion starts winding on an inward spiral, I'll say, "So, you want to do
something about the problems of the world?  Here's a hoe - let's go plant
something or shore up one of the swales."

It's a great perspective-generator.

Walk in balance,

Loren
Loren Davidson
[email-masked]    http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
"Follow your dreams.  Make your wishes.  Create the future.  And above all,
believe in yourself."  -- J. Michael Straczynski

---

From: Loren Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 12:49:49 -0800

Walk in balance,

Loren
Loren Davidson