Subject: ATTRA's New Web Site and 10th Anniversary

From: "Steve Diver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:43:31 +0000

**Announcing ATTRA's New Web Site and 10th Anniversary**

Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas program (ATTRA)
invites you to join us in celebrating our 10th Anniversary by visiting
our new web site at http://www.attra.org  

Founded in 1987, ATTRA is the national sustainable farming information
center located at the University of Arkansas that links farmers and
other agricultural professionals to information and resources on
sustainable agriculture.   

In the last ten years, ATTRA has prepared over 100,000 reports on the
latest sustainable farming production practices and diversified crop
and livestock enterprises.

Back in the 1980s, information on alternative and sustainable
agriculture was hard to find or did not even exist.  The National
Center for Appropriate Technology, a private nonprofit organization,
identified this information gap and founded the ATTRA program in 1987
as a vehicle to transfer sustainable agriculture technology to farmers.  

Currently, NCAT operates the ATTRA program with funding through 
USDA's Rural Business--Cooperative Service.  

Over time, the ATTRA web site will feature many of the publications
and resource lists developed by program specialists in response to
inquiries from farmers over the last ten years.  

On-line resource lists currently available include:  "Sustainable
Agriculture Organizations & Publications" and "Internships,
Apprenticeships, & Sustainable Curricula." 

On-line publications currently available include a variety of topics
on organic fruit production, sustainable livestock management, and
marketing.   

For more information, visit our web site, or contact: 

Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas
P.O. Box 3657 
Fayetteville, AR 72702
1-800-346-9140 
8:30am-4:30pm CST
http://www.attra.org
Email:  [email-masked]. 

--
[email-masked]