Subject: Re: pattern integrity (B. Fuller) + permaculture patters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:49:39 -0800 (PST)

At 03:12 PM 3/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Neat question, Lawrence!
>
>"Would there be any links between Buckminster Fuller's concept of "pattern
>integrity" and permaculture patterns?"...
>
>Quantum physics tells us that there are links between ANY and ALL 'two
>things'... in fact, it tells us that -- at least on a
>quantum-field/god/implicate-order level -- any two things are actually ONE
>thing, imcompletely percieved. Ok, so the sages have been telling us this
>for millenia... why not give credit where credit is due?
>
>SURE, "observed permaculture patterns should be catalogued along with
>permaculture guilds information" (are we cataloguing either of these two
>things yet?). Patterns (or 'ruts', as the most commonly-practiced are
>called) are powerful and can be overall-constructive or
>overall-destructive. Construction and destruction are not inherent in the
>patterns, but arise in a context (Life, say, or -- in other words -- OTHER
>patterns). Pattern resonances are harmonious or discordant in their major
>keys (according to us), they are (always) BOTH in their myriad minor keys
>(the more viewpoints included, the more minor keys). The actual total
>number of major and minor resonances together is always, of course,
>'infinity'.
>
>Letting Life-harmonious patterns become a fundamental part of our vision
>requires a major paradigm shift... hence all the moaning and groaning. It
>makes excellent sense to consciously recognize, and share, and talk about
>the living patterns we see, because paradigm shifts involve changing
>powerful prejudicial patterns (the aforementioned 'ruts' as established on
>mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, spatial, temporal, automotive and
>other planes). The more we rehearse the new realities we'd like to see
>adopted into consensus, the faster these new patterns will become 'real'. 
>
>Plus we increase our chances of practicing 'right livelihood' AND eating,
>all during the same period of time. Cool idea, I like it.
>
>Jack Rowe
>
>Don't just 'Question Reality'... poke it in the eye

*****%%%%%%***********%%%%%%%%%************%%%%%%%%
 
Great Jack!!  Hi Lawrence, et al...

I might add to this interesting discussion...

I think if we look around us we will observe that the patterns are already
catalogued all around us..everywhere in nature! All that is in physical form
is based on patterns.  It was created from pure quantum, energy, creative
source impulse and precipitated through a pattern into more specified
patterns to become matter.

Many of the patterns upon which current/old paradigm is based, are patterns
that no longer are carrying vital life force energy..
Our way is towards that which sustains, even perpetuates life.
Vital life force energy is necessary to sustainable systems.
 What does it mean to have a sustainable life in these times of great change? 
 It IS all changing...even more reason for our 'designing' to be based upon
observation.
 When we follow the course of life force energy and let IT lead us forward,
 I suspect we will have great rewards.
 When the passion of us ignites, there the lifeforce energy emerges and is
there to guide us to more truth..
In living more truth, new patterning can take place, more vital life force
energy is available to us.

SO the 'rutted' patterns Jack speaks of fall away in favor of  a new
patterning based on following the newly awakening energy flows. 

The natural patterns can be arranged in any number of ways.
We are designer of our own pattern.
Observing the natural patterns and learning from them their own specific
frequency..much will be understood.
Restore the original pattern.
Original state.
Ponder what that is and the energy of that will lead you.

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:09:52 -0500 (EST)

> Ponder what that is and the energy of that will lead you.

Very nice. This seems true. Meditate while working (or walking).
Ponder the imponderable. Explore the mysteries of nature, the 
unfolding realms of interconnectedness in living systems.

The life cycle or sum total of, say, a plant could be viewed as a
gradient, from what is visible to what is "invisible" as it proceeds from
birth to death. The "invisible" merges into a "pool" of life-giving
and life-sustaining substance; the light we see from a far away star
that ceased to exist long before we came to be.

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:09:52 -0500 (EST)