Subject: what came first?

From: "Paul E. Anders, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:19:56 -0500

what came first? 
nature did.  
can anyone seperate the functional from the beautiful in nature?

if it doesn't work then it is not beautiful,
if it isn't beautiful it does not work.

Strive to embody these characteristics as embodied perfectly in nature (in the biggest sense), 
and you will likely acieve what your heart truly desires.

have a nice day!

patrick

---

From: "Lynn Bramwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 9:2:20 +0000

RE>what came first?                          6/10/99
Once again, can anybody tell me how to stop receiving these emails?  They
are coming to the Peace Corps office in Uganda and I can tell I'm the only
American here and when I asked me Ugandan staff about permaculture they
kind of give me blank looks.  Thanks, Lynn Bramwell

--------------------------------------
Date: 6/10/99 7:43 AM
To:  Custodian
From: Paul E. Anders, Jr.
what came first? 
nature did.  
can anyone seperate the functional from the beautiful in nature?

Strive to embody these characteristics as embodied perfectly in nature (in
the biggest sense), 
and you will likely acieve what your heart truly desires.

have a nice day!

patrick

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content='"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=GENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>what came first?&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>nature did.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>can anyone seperate the functional from
the 
beautiful in nature?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>if it doesn't work then it is not 
beautiful,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>if it isn't beautiful it does not 
work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Strive to embody these characteristics as embodied
perfectly 
in nature (in the biggest sense), </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>and you will likely acieve what your heart truly 
desires.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>have a nice day!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>patrick</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

[Message ID: -1283121909]
[Internet header:]
10 Jun 1999 03:25:43 UT
Received: from pcfirewall.peacecorps.gov (199.100.230.100) by
 osmail.peacecorps.gov with SMTP (Eudora Internet Mail Server 2.2.2); Wed,
9
 Jun 1999 23:31:23 -0500
Received: from manatee.envirolink.org ([208.195.208.7]) by
pcfirewall.peacecorps.gov
          via smtpd (for osmail.peacecorps.gov [199.100.193.50]) with
SMTP; 10 Jun 1999 03:25:35 UT
main.goldengate.net (8.8.7/8.7.2) with SMTP id WAA19695 for
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:26:30 -0500 (CDT)
Message-ID: <002501beb2f0$1e578560$ea4af0d1@andp17>
From: "Paul E. Anders, Jr." <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: what came first?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:19:56 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01BEB2C6.349FA8E0"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
X-Listprocessor-Version: 8.2.07 -- ListProc(tm) by CREN

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:02:29 EDT

Thanks patrick.  I give a section in my Permaculture Design Course on 
aesthetics and the function of aesthetics and the capability of the aesthetic 
aspect of our mind to work with far more variables than the poor, 
simple-minded analytic function can achieve.  If it feels beautiful--go for 
it.  But keep to appropriate scale until the analytic aspect of your brain 
checks for screw ups.  Well, always keep to appropriate scale, but that is 
always much smaller until you acquire experiences that validate and refine 
your design choices.  There are other issues that impinge on the topic, to 
say the least.  However the least is all I want to say for now because I 
don't have time to give a section of my course.  However we do give it online 
once a year.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses, 
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence 
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, 
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at 
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers 
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html

In a message dated 6/10/99 4:28:50 AM, you wrote:

<<what came first? 
nature did.  

have a nice day!

patrick