Subject: Photo: Giant Stink Flower

From: "Akiva Werbalowsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:25:35 PDT

When you care to send the very best, call 800-GIANT STINK FLOWER,
Akiva

Photo at this website:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/p/ap/19990730/us/stinking_flower_edw.html

The Wood family of Pasadena Calif., contemplate a gigantic "Amorphophallus 
titanum," or Titan Arum on display Friday,
July 30, 1999 at the Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino, Calif. The 
blossom, currently nearly 6 feet tall, is expected to
come into full bloom in the next few days,opening its maroon, petal-like 
folds to a diameter of approximately 3-4 feet, releasing
its exceptionally foul odor. The sight of one of these flowers inbloom is 
extremely rare. Only ten blossoms have been recorded in the
United States during this century. Native to Sumatra, it is said to be the 
largest flower in the world. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]