Subject: OT: Does anyone know of a source of orchard mason bees?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:18:33 -0500

Howdy,

I am in zone 6 with a zone 5 microclimate. It's still quite cool here and the
fruit trees have not yet opened their buds. I am looking for a regional source
of orchard mason bees--osmia lignaria (got the blocks already). It seems the
west coast suppliers are out or done for the season.  Am I too late?

thanks
-- 
dawn 
aka gardenbetty

We will be known by the tracks we leave behind... —Dakota proverb

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail

---

From: Shoshanah Inwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:14:38 -0500 (EST)

Malabar Farms started by Louis Bromfield out in Pleasant Valley, Ohio is
starting up an organic garden.  There is a pond filled with watercress
that Bromfield himself started.  The question is can it be eaten and sold.
There have been  concerns regarding the possibility of parasites in
the water from the underground spring run off.
Does anyone know the regulations regarding harvesting watercress and
selling it to the public, and what to do about possible parasites.  
If you have any information or know of the correct sources to contact, the
information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
shoshanah inwood