Subject: BBC program on Permaculture 6/29/99

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:46:49 -0400 (EDT)

I just finished listening to a BBC program on Permaculture,
picked up on short wave radio. It was the featured presentation
in their regular "One Planet" show. The interviewer visited a
PC site in Gaza, covered a little PC history and interviewed
IUA (International Union of Associations) representative
Alan Howard who discussed origins and methods, purposes of PC,
sustainability, Mollison and his concept of long term sustainability,
building sustainable systems as part of the reconstruction of Kosovo
(prior to the PC program they discussed the chemical pollution
of that country that has resulted from the war (petroleum, pesticide,
nuclear, other chemicals to include mercury and the attemp to ensure
safe drinking water supplies for the refugees).

It was a pretty good program and I came away inspired and reinvigorated
due in part to the fact that BBC did something on Permaculture.  

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]