Subject: Re: getting plant material from NPGS

From: YankeePerm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:47:28 EST

In a message dated 12/7/97 11:40:21 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

>Hi,
>Just wanted to thank Jack Rowe for posting this. Most of sources are west
>coast.
>Can anyone add sources like Jack's for Ozarks, and eastern half of the
>country? Thanks frank

We publish a directory listing about 900 suppliers of permaculture-related
materials and services, including of course plant propagation stuff.  It would
be self-defeating to reproduce it here, but people can inquire about
availability by private email.

In any case, before buying seeds from such lists, check out SSE, NAFEX, NNGA,
and  CRFG members.  You might be able to get materials on a swap basis, and
you surely will be supporting the most important repositories of genetic
material.  NAFEX, in particular, also has many sub-groups.  For example, I
belong to the Southern Pear group.  Swapping among these folks is very common.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next Live program:  Paraguay, 8/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.