Subject: Re: native plants/seeds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:07:34 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 10:29:02 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

<<they are outside of redwood california, & I believe they grow alot of
what they sell.  it is all seed (no plants) which I think is far more
interesting challenge (& much cheaper!)....

JL Hudson imports seed from all over the world and therefore cannot possibly
grow most of what they sell.  I've never read anywhere in their catalog any
claim to have grown any of their seed, though  it is a hard catalog to read
cover to cover.  They do support native gardeners with their Zapotec garden
collection, and probably other groups in a much less systematic way.  

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html