Subject: Resource: Weather patterns & El Nino

From: Loren Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 11:36:58 -0700

First, apologies for those who are subbed to both Pc lists & get this twice.

I just found a wonderful document yesterday on the Web, which describes
several of the major climatic oscillations that determine weather patterns
over North America, including the El Nino/La Nina, the Quasi-Biennial
Oscillation (upper atmosphere winds), and solar cycles.  For those of us
seeking to understand the patterns of our weather and climate and hoping to
plan longer-term, I think it makes an excellent read:

http://www.intellicast.com/drdew/library/superel.html - the base document

http://www.intellicast.com - Intellicast weather service, which has, among
other things, satellite and radar maps updated hourly.  If you go in this
way, look for links to Dr. Dewpoint and/or El Nino.

This one, to me, is a keeper.

Loren
--
Loren Davidson      
[email-masked]         http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
Support organic farming - give peas a chance