Subject: Design Overview Class - Santa Cruz, CA

From: Kevin Snorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:38:10 -0700

This Saturday, July 17th, Damion Parr and Bruce (?) are offering a quick
overview of the permaculture design process. A group of us are designing
a garden for the local Grange (the first Organic Grange) and Bruce is
the garden coordinator. A free course begins at 1:00 and will be about
3-4 hours as they talk us through the design process. The workshop is
free and open to all. It will be held in Santa Cruz, CA at the Live Oak
Grange on 17th Ave. Please pass this message on to anyone in our area
(central CA) who might be interested. Damion and Bruce both have
extensive backgrounds in sustainable design, gardening, and agricultural
practice. Damion has done three design courses (if memory serves) and
has travelled the East and Europe visiting permaculuture sites and
searching for new inventions in sustainable living. Bruce has joined
Damion for most of the design courses and works a small plot of land
that he is currently developing and has worked on several gardens. 
	Also, if anyone is interested in how to save a Grange, please contact
me and I might be able to talk you through the process we went through
to mobilize this Grange. Hope to see some of you there and please do
forward this to all who might be interested. Free workshops in design
are a great opportunity for those less advantaged. 
Hope your gardens are beautiful and abundant,
Kevin Snorf