Subject: Pomologie - Apple & Pear varieties

From: "Michael Miller & Ute Bohnsack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:25:00 -0000

There was an interesting post in a newsgroup pointing to a website on
"Pomologie".
The lady in charge is Carole Thiery and she is looking for information on
plant genetic resources with regard to apples and pears. She is i.a. in the
process of compiling a massive database on apple varieties in the world.

The website is at
http://perso.club-internet.fr/lescrets

Carole Thiery can be contacted at
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:45:29 EST

In a message dated 1/25/98 5:21:47 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

<<There was an interesting post in a newsgroup pointing to a website on

"Pomologie".

The website is at

[email-masked]>>

We had a huge book on just that topic that I think I donated to the NAFEX
library before one of our moves.  If she joins NAFEX (probably already a
member) she can borrow the book and jump start her work.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  One is now underway.  Next Live program:  Paraguay,
8/10-22/98. Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway,
P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html