Subject: [permaculture] Fw: Pipe bomb attack on Forest Guardians!

From: "Guy Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 00:00:02 -0600

From: Earth First! Media Centerby way of agit-prop <[email-masked]>
To: Whispered Media <[email-masked]>; Allsorts
<[email-masked]>; a-infos <[email-masked]>; DAMN <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]
Subject: BAN: Pipe bomb attack on Forest Guardians!
Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 9:50 PM

Forwarded from Charlotte Talberth in Santa Fe, NM:

Subject:     bomb at Forest Guardians
Sent:        3/19/99 1:28 PM
From:        Charlotte Talberth, [email-masked]

Today at 10:15 am Forest Guardians' chief canvasser, Mike Cherin,
discovered a pipe bomb when he opened the mailbox outside Forest
Guardians' office in Santa Fe. The bomb did not explode and no one was
hurt. Police bomb squads subsequently arrived and detonated the bomb,
which was loaded with ball bearings, meaning it was designed to kill.

Last week Rio Arriba County hosted a day-long meeting of officials from
counties in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado. The purpose of
the meeting was to get more counties to join Rio Arriba in intervening
against Forest Guardians et al. in the national economic lawsuit, and to
censure the State of the Southern Rockies report authored by John
Talberth and Bryan Bird (a Wildlands report).

The people who spoke at the meeting are all known to us - Ike deVargas,
Santiago Juarez, Chellis Glendinning, and Richard Rosenstock. They
foment hatred and violence against Forest Guardians and Zero Cut on a
regular basis by calling us genocidal racists etc. in public forums and
publications, particularly La Jicarita , a newsletter circulated in
Northern New Mexico. According to Bryan Bird, who was there, numerous
threats of violence were  made at that meeting.

We are very, very thankful that Mike was not killed.  I can post
whatever stories are printed in tommorrow's papers. Mike says it makes
him want to work harder than ever.

Charlotte

The FBI has become involved and is treating the bomb attempt as a
terrorist act. The bomb was larger than originally thought. According to
the FBI it could have blown apart the building and killed pedestrians in
the area.

________________________________________________________

Earth First! Media Center
Andy Caffrey, director

[email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/9901/

We have so much more to do! We are working so hard to get the word out to
the world via the Internet on these crucial and cutting-edge campaigns
against these outrageous atrocities! Our postings about David Chain's
killing have now gone out to over a million people on five continents and
been translated into French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
_____________________________________

WE NEED YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW

We have just gone through a tormenting last five months and are flat broke
with broken down gear, scant supplies, and late bills to cover. We are in
need of certain supplies as well, such as Epson 740 ink cartridges, zip
disks, videotape, postage, and subscriptions to periodicals, if we are to
continue on after March.

Please send contributions to further our work in support of the above and
dozens of other EF! campaigns, payable to "Earth First!," to

Earth First! Media Center
P.O. Box 324
Redway, CA  95560

Thanks!
We could do so much more with your involvement. Why not show this material
to your friends? Just print it out and make some photocopies to help get
the word out...
_____________________________________

We're trying to remove the obstacles to your involvement. Please visit our
newest Earth First! Media Center online, activist work centers:

To learn about the killing of David Chain
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/9901/death_david.html

What's Up with Headwaters Forest? Bookmark this site for 1999!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/9901/whasup.html

Sections coming soon: Buffalo Nations, Cremate Monsanto, the Biotic Baking
Brigade, our Kaiser Ore Ship blockade action in Tacoma, Wash., AIM and EF!,
musician Spring tour schedules, more audio and video files, and expanded
regional support.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]