Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Earthwatch Festival in Cambridge, MA, USA on Oct 24, 1998

From: Maddoc <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 02:33:42 -0400 (EDT)

Saturday, October 24, Cambridge, MA
 
 1998 Earthwatch Festival of Science & Culture

 E.O. Wilson of Harvard once described Earthwatch's annual affair "like jogging
 through the Louvre".

 Fascinating slide talks on recent expeditions to explore biological and
 cultural diversity worldwide. Meet over 60 prominent scientists from around
 the world who will give slide talks or poster sessions on their research.
 Among the presentors, Roger Fouts, author of Next of Kin, famed teacher of ASL
 to Washoe the chimp; Dr. Lee Dyer, National Geographic funded expert on
 caterpillars of La Selva, Costa Rica; Barb St. John, Koalas of Kangaroo
 Island; British archaelogist Nick Hodgeson, Arbeia Roman Fort on Tyne;
 Icelandic geographer Dr. Andrew Russell on glaciers and climate change; sea
 turtle expert Dr. Tundi Agardy of Conservation International. Learn about
 carnivores of Madagascar, dolphins off Spain, Black Bears in North Carolina,
 early photographic archives in Peru.

 Open to the public.
 Location: Harvard University Science Center
 One Oxford St. at Kirkland St., Cambridge, MA 
 (just a short walk from Harvard Square T Stop on the red line) 
 9 am registration; 10:30 - 5:30 talks; 5:30-7 reception; posters up all day
 Fees: $25 members, $30 non-members, $15 students ($5 student special -
 seminars only)
 Call (800) 776-0188 or visit http://www.earthwatch.org/t/Tconf98.html.

Earthwatch Institute is a non-profit organization. Proceeds will go toward
supporting scientific research around the globe.

Please share with anyone interested in learning about volunteering on research
expedition teams worldwide that help find solutions for a sustainable future.