Subject: Oct 3-5 BD Conference Workshop Titles (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 01:07:48 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:17:15 -0400
From: BIODYNAMIC MAIL LIST <[email-masked]>
To: World Sustainable Agriculture Association <[email-masked]>
Subject: Oct 3-5 BD Conference Workshop Titles

In addition to featured speakers on the contribution to sustainable
agriculture of English horticulturist Alan Chadwick, the following
workshops will be availble Oct  3-5 at the East Coast Biodynamic Farming
and Gardening Conference.

o Eugene Canales: Italian Spading Machine Clinic*

o Eugene Canales: Walking Tractors*

o Hugh Courtney: Working with Barrel Compost *

o Hugh Courtney: Making BD 500 (horn packing and discussion)*

o Bruce Blevins: Succulent Garden Greens

o Jennifer Greene: The Nature of the Vortex

o Jennifer Greene: Working with Water*

o Jim Foltz: The World of Medicinal Herbs (including a discussion of
tincture making) (not BD)

o Rex Harrill: Food Quality Testing: BRIX(not BD)

o Andrea Huff: Human Nutrition, Child Development and the Development of
Spiritual Receptivity

o Paul Lee: TBA Herb Topic (not BD)

o Harvey Lisle: Food Quality Testing Series: Dowsing

o Harvey Lisle: A Cure for Bee Mites

o Hugh Lovel: Cosmic Pipe Workshop (Build your own pipe in this workshop.
Hugh has some inexpensive kits and will help you construct, tune, and
operate your pipe. You must reserve a kit before the show!)

o Hugh Lovel: What is Biodynamics?

o Mike Nickerson: Global Climate Change and Sustainable Agriculture (Not
BD: USDA)

o Gary Puterka: Machined Clay Sprays for Pest and Disease Control  (Not BD:
USDA)

o Craig Siska: TBA Chadwick Method Class
(double digging or horticultural topic)

o Steve Storch Farm-scale stirring machine demo

o Mark Trela: BD Cut Flower Production. Drying flowers organically for
crafts and display.

o Chris Shay: Food Quality Testing Series: Paper Chromatography,
Crystallization, etc

o Peter Tompkins: Secret Life of Nature (Presentation Cancelled: Special
Video for this Conference (A few signed copies of "Secret Life of Nature"
first edition hardback available for $22.50. (Reserve!))

o Dan Underwood: The Cabrini Greens inner city gardening  project

NOTE: Some workshops are open to the public with no charge, but
reservations must be made!!

For more information: Allan Balliett, Conference Coordinator, (304) 876-2373
[email-masked] or http://www.biodynamics.com

*These are several hour long, hands-on workshops Come when you can, leave
when you want, come again later.

*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/*\*/

East Coast BD Conference Oct 3-5, featuring Jennifer Greene, Hugh Courtney,
Hugh Lovel, Bruce Blevins, Harvey Lisle and an incredible SPADING MACHINE
CLINIC (both field size machines and garden size machines) + many other
events of interest to ecological growers.
http://www.biodynamics.com for more information!!

West Coast BD Conference Nov 7-9 featuring Jennifer Greene, Steve Moore and
Anne Mendenhall. For more information, call the BDA office or check out the
URL above.

===========================================================================
To Post to the Bio-Dynamics Mailing list: [email-masked]
===========================================================================
Subscribe to BIODYNAMICS: Farming and Gardening in the 21st Century
the Bi-Monthly Magazine about Developments in the Art and Science of
Biodyamics. BIODYNAMICS is the journal of the Biodynamic Farming and
Gardening Association of America.

Noted former BDA president, viticulturist, orchardist and Biodynamic
growing consultant, Alan York, editor.

6 issues a year for $35

Call the BDA at 1-800-516-7797 to start your subscription.

The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America
POB 550, Kimberton, PA 19442 USA

VISA/AMEX/MasterCard accepted

(International Subscriptions are higher. Contact the BDFGA for a quote).

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Opinions expressed through this list, whether by the moderator or by list
members,  are simply the opinions of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of the BDFGA.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The BD-L e-mail list is open to all and subscribing is easy: simply send
an e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "subscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

Include your FULL NAME and PHYSCICAL ADDRESS in the body of the sub request.

You'll soon start getting messages.  If you don't like what you see, send
another e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "unsubscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

Check out the Biodynamic Association WEB PAGE for BIODYNAMIC resources:
      http://www.biodynamics.com

Thank you,

Allan Balliett, Moderator, BD-L
===============================