Subject: An evening with Permaculture Design, in Ojai 10/8/99

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:59:21 EDT

Here is an update on an exciting bioregional community gathering. Come see 
one of the premier retreat/meditation sites on the West Coast. Meet your 
community, sharing and learning on the path to sustainability --

Ojai Foundation  presents …
An evening with Permaculture Design
at Ojai Foundation, Ojai CA  - Fri., Oct. 8, 1999 
6:30 potluck 7:30 - 9:30 pm program and kiva social later

A Special Workshop Preview:
Come see a slide show and hear an overview of permaculture principles. We 
invite those curious for a closer look, as well as the more experienced, to 
join in discussing this comprehensive approach to quality of life. Admission 
is $10 for the evening presentation, included with workshop registration. No 
one will be turned away for lack of money. Please call 805-646-8343 to allow 
space planning.

An introduction to Permaculture Design
October 8-10, 1999 at Ojai Foundation, Ojai CA

What is Permaculture?
Permaculture is an integrated design approach based on natural patterns and 
energy flows. Permaculture aims to sustainably provide for our needs. It's 
ethics are: Caring for the earth, its inhabitants, and sharing surplus.

Saturday, we will explore ways to apply permaculture design to improve our 
soil fertility, water, energy, and food systems. Sunday activities involve a 
walkabout examinations of these designs on the Ojai Foundation's wonderfully 
diverse grounds and settings. The weekend experience will conclude with 
participants developing community-based networking strategies for continuing 
to help each other apply this practice in our evolving lifestyles.

The workshop runs Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. Co-sponsored by South 
Coast Permaculture Guild.
Cost:   $95 - program only / $145 - offsite lodging and meals / $245 - 
includes meals and on-site lodging 
- worktrade discounts are available, cash is cheap vs. inspired work

Instructors: David White, Ph.D., Akiva & Eric Werbalowsky, Ojai Foundation 
Staff, and local guild members
For more info and to register please contact the Ojai Foundation, 
805-646-8343 or email <[email-masked]>
(please forward wildly)