Subject: Permaculture for farms - input for workshop

From: Mark and Kelly Ludwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:39:47 -0600

Hi Folks,
My name is Mark Ludwig, I manage a small grass based dairy in southern
Wisconsin (USA).  I am giving an all day workshop on PC in March with
another fellow to a group of 50 (or so) organic farmers from the upper
midwest.  We gave a shorter version of this last year and it seemed to
go well.  I have joined this list mostly to stimulate my thinking for
the development of this workshop.  Along those lines, I am open to
suggestions of resources to list for these folks, topics you may want me
to consider etc. etc.  My primary contribution to the workshop is my
background in ecosystem restoration, grass based farming and medium
scale organic/biological  production of grain.  The other guy (Mark
Shepard) has a background in agroforestry and vegetable production.  We
will of course touch on all aspects of PC and try to place them in a
practical farm context.  All comments public and private are welcome.
Thanks
Mark Ludwig
McFarland WI