Subject: Re: Introduction

From: Barry Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:37:44 -0800

Dear Friends,

At 03:17 PM 1/7/99 -0800, I wrote:

>Recently, I heard about Dr. Philip S. Callahan and his discoveries
>regarding paramagnetic soils.  Though most folks on this forum are probably
>familiar with Dr. Callahan, I will briefly recapitulate some of the high
>spots of his discoveries.
>
>About thirty years ago Dr. Callahan discovered that the best soils for
>growing things were paramagnetic.  He developed an inexpensive instrument
>for measuring paramagnetism in soil and tested soils extensively for this
>property.  He postulates that paramagnetic soils facilitate the flow of
>atmospheric electromagnetic forces from the atmosphere to plants.  He has
>done many scientific demonstrations of this phenomenon.  According to Dr.
>Callahan, certain geometric structures can also enhance this energy flow.(1)
>
>The biggest problem with Dr. Callahan's theory is that he has been unable
>to positively identify all of the elements in the soil which are
>paramagnetic.  I believe that the ORMUS elements are the key to
>understanding paramagnetic soils.  Like the paramagnetic elements in soil
>the ORMUS elements are difficult to identify using conventional
>spectroscopic or chemical analysis.

It has been brought to my attention that in the last paragraph above it
sounds like I am criticizing Dr. Callahan and his theories.  Nothing could
be further from the truth.  I have the greatest respect for Dr. Callahan
and his theories.

Since this written medium does not convey tone of voice and other
non-verbal elements of communication it is much easier to make statements
with ambiguous meaning.

What I intended to imply is that there are connections between Dr.
Callahan's paramagnetic soil observations/theories and the ORMUS
observations/theories which tend to close up some of the gaps in each.

--
With kindest regards,
 
Barry Carter 
<[email-masked]>
Blue Mountain Native Forest Alliance
WEB Page: http://www.triax.com/bmnfa/index.htm
Voice: 541-523-3357
Fax:   541-523-9438
 
Stupidity got us into this mess --
why can't it get us out?