Subject: Re: Central Coast/Cal Poly Potent Info

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 06:14:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi, April

Seems like the more we learn the more we realize we don't know.

Here I was looking for common denominators/signs that could be applied to my
farm. 

I value your knowledge and experience and your logic here seems persuasive
about  weeds having different indicator values depending on soil, locality
and a host of possible other factors.

After a while a lot of this becomes so complex that it becomes frustrating.
I'd like fairly clear cut proven ideas and systems to emulate on the farm I
hope to purchase real soon. I'd like to utilize best thinking , design it
into a system that takes into account  soil, climate, natural patterns, and a
host of other local factors, and human preferences etc.

Appreciate your thoughts on such a system...is there a system that is adapted
especially for given bioregions etc. that work with nature rather than
against it, but still allows us to produce food, utilize pasture etc.

I know this is very, very broad and subject to all sorts of qualifications,
and outside factors.

My dream is to have an old fashioned small scale farm with a variety of farm
fitted enterprises that work with nature, and is sustainable, and
economically feasible.

Whew...anybody care to expand or comment on this.  frank

---

From: Geoff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 05:46:08 -0600

Suggest you read the book Holistic Resource Management by Allan Savory
and  go from there
						Geoff

---

From: Geoff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 05:46:08 -0600