Subject: [permaculture] Re: Hello there

From: "Claude Genest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:21:40 -0500

ALl for it !
Go to it , mate ! ( and thank you)
-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Ellingsen <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: permaculture
To: permaculture <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 5:22 PM
Subject: [permaculture] Hello there

>There you are,
>so I finally found you all.
>let me introduce myself.
>
>I'm 30 years old, esoteric healer by profession and have been leading
>what you might call an alternative lifestyle since I was about 16.
>Some years ago I "discovered" the internet and was transfixed by it's
>potential when it comes to spreading a message to a large group of
>people worldwide. and was especially fascinated but the prospect of
>putting out any amount of information, and letting the "people on the
>streets" come find it them self, and then being able to provide those
>same people with means of communicating with each other both in real
>time and on a mail or news system. I have been studying since then the
>net, the art of web design, and peoples behavior on the net. With the
>goal of helping good ideas and organizations like for instance
>permaculture to take advance of this potential. My approach to web
>design/ net use is very much the same as the one I use to life in
>general: put in a lot of serious effort, plant a seed and let it grow
>and it will very much take care of it self, provide it with water in
>times of draught, and see to that the weed don't suffocate it, or better
>
>yet let the "weeds" pull their weight, and in time you will harvest in
>abundance, and your long term effort is small. Web communities can be
>created the same way.
>
>I have now started a small web design/consulting business, and one of my
>
>customers are the Norwegian permaculture association. I am building a
>big web for them with lot's of good info, several ways of community
>building communications and features that we hope will make the
>scandinavian permaculture internet community grow. And I have been asked
>
>to do the same in english, underway by central people in denmark.
>
>As a part of that job I have been scourging the net for some time now
>for links on permaculture and anything related. Mailing lists and
>newsgroups. And found a lot, but when it came to news groups i was at a
>loss until this after noon, when i found this list with a possible news
>group interface. During my hunt I bumped into several other
>out on exactly the same hunt. In fact it went so far that I am in the
>middle of the process of creating a alt.permaculture or
>alt.sustainable.permaculture (There already is a
>alt.sustainable.agriculture group as I'm sure most of you know) But now
>I am at a loss since there already is one active permaculture list with
>a newsgroup interface.
>I have taken some hours to consider this and my conclusion is to ask you
>
>that are visiting this news server what to do.
>
>I don't mean to put anyone or anything down but you seem to be a little
>hard to find. Since most people use their ISP's news server to visit
>newsgroups they look at the groups they offer, some might even go to
>deja news and look there and if they don't find what they are looking
>for they don't think it can be found. So maybe a alt.permaculture, that
>would show up on a lot of news servers around the world would be a good
>idea anyway, it wouldn't be a competitor to this group rather a boost.
>More people would find their way to a group or list,
>and the two could work for each other. there are some people ho have  a
>natural aversion for mailing list and there are alot of persons that
>prefer newsgroups to mailing lists, i am aware of the fact that there
>are several lists out there but since this seems to be a active and
>healthy list I thought it was worth a try to get opinions from you.
>
>So what do you say good people?
>
>I see from an earlier posting to this group that some of you use ICQ I
>have ICQ # 13078734 have e-mail [email-masked] and are registered at
>icq under the nick name norseman, if some of you would like to seek me
>out to discuss this proposal or other issues or just have a chat
>session, be my
>guest.
>
>I do apologize for any unclearity due to bad syntax, grammar or
>misspelling, english is obviously not my natural tongue.
>
>--
>Christer Ellingsen
>Norway
>[email-masked]
>------------------------
>Voice: + 47 73976196
>Fax: +47 73975755
>Cellular: +47 90147718
>E-mail: [email-masked]
>******************************************************************
>Freedom is not in the finished carving but in the wood chips left
>on the floor.
>******************************************************************
>
>
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
>To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]