Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensiv

From: Thilo Pfennig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 00:10:15 +0200 (MEST)

On 18-May-99 Scott Pittman wrote:

>...what I really wanted to say was I have known only a couple of teachers of
> permaculture who weren't worth ten times what they were paid, expecially when
> you see the final results as expressed by their students and their students
> students and their... etc.

But this is not the question. And teachers who get ten times more in pay would
not be the solution of the problem, either. An teacher who get nothing paid are
also not a solution. This is a structural problem and has one of his roots in
the property rights for information. The freedom of information is too
expensive for most people.

If we manage to distribute our information faster and better as the one of
Monsanto or Shell, this may really change things.

-- 
Thilo Pfennig 
<http://Alternativ.Net/>

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:59:12 -0400 (EDT)

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]

> Monsanto or Shell, this may really change things.

Short of having our own T-1 lines with webservers on them we still have
access right now providing us with the ability to exchange large
quantities of info: CD's, tapes, web/ftp sites. The format in which the
info is delivered needs working on. Hence, SGML, XML via the Web and 
tools for creating CD's with well organized/structured information: text,
multimedia, interactive features, indexing, searching. CD's with turnkey
databases (XML?) that we can add our own resources to.  

---