Subject: Re: Permaculture 1996 conference proceedings (fwd)

From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 18:26:20 +1000

Lawrence sorry to bother you, do you know the current address for 
Friends of the Trees?
April

----------

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:04:11 -0400 (EDT)

----------------------------------
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
InterGarden - Venaura Farm
mailto:[email-masked]
mailto:[email-masked]
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
----------------------------------

> Lawrence sorry to bother you, do you know the current address for 

This is the URL (validated) for their new page:

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4663/

---

From: Andrew Erb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 08:52:16 -0500 (CDT)

Is it true that irradiating food kills the enzymes which help us digest 
and get nutrients out of food?  Seems like a good reason to grow our own 
or buy food that has not been irradiated.   Is irradiation used on 
vegtables and fruits?  Does overcooking food do the same thing? As I 
understand it lightly cooking vegtables makes nutrients more absorbable.  
Any comments would be appreciated?

---

From: Craig Lanoye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 22:47:04 +0000

I understand that irradiated foods are not only lacking enzymes
but also may contain cancer causing by-products of the process.
I also have read that temps of over 118F destroy all enzyme activity.
Seems to me that the more our diets consist of raw, organic, mineral
rich foods the healthier we will be. Lots of books out now on such
topics.