Subject: Re: universities/colleges

From: "Akiva Werbalowsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:17:55 PDT

David wrote:
>My local university is planning an "Ecologicaly Sustainable 
Development" degree stream and I was thinking of lobbying for Pc to be 
included as a specific subject/s.

>I am looking to identify universities/colleges that have Pc in their
curriculum and to learn how it operates.

>Maybe Akiva could share with us how students use the "continuing 
education units (CEUs)" available on his course?

David,
My focus is living and learning permaculture while transforming the 
educational/industrial complex, rather than simply appeasing the 
approval/reward needs of a medieval hierarchy. Cal Poly is a "learn by 
doing" institution and therefore is perfect for permaculture studies. 
What students actually do with the "credits" they receive here or 
anywhere is a function of their own creativity and ability to have the 
system work for them rather than the other way around.

I'm happy to share more with you privately or on the list, only if 
others are interested.

Apeace,
A

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:17:00 +1000

Good point!
This is true that you can always approach your Uni
to either get credit for an existing PDC or
ask to do one as part of your research units toward a Degree.
The Australian Correspondence School gives advanced standing (credit)
for people with PDC.
Anyone heard from the Henry Court at the University Without Walls in WA,
Australia?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Akiva
> Werbalowsky
> Sent: Thursday, 28 May 1998 14:18
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: universities/colleges
>
>
> David wrote:

---

From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:17:00 +1000

Good point!