Subject: How to subscribe/unsubscribe + info on lists available

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:15:06 -0400 (EDT)

We are beginning to gain new subscribers to this list and the
others listed below. I hope you all will, if you haven't already,
subscribe and available yourselves of the opportunity to use these
resources to create and build a knowledgebase, post news and Q&A and
generally stay current with the topics you are interested in.
These lists are not widely publicised and are almost completely
spam free. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - InterGarden - Venaura Farm
 mailto:[email-masked] - mailto:[email-masked]
 List owner: permaculture, organic-gardening, simple-living
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html
--------------------------------------------------------------
========================================================
This document can be found on the Web at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture/misc/listinfo
or:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/orgfarm/net-resources/Ag.listinfo.UNC
or: 
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/net-resources/Ag.listinfo.UNC
and by ftp at:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/net-resources/Ag.listinfo.UNC
=========================================================

Subscription Information for Agriculture-Related 
Mailing Lists at U.N.C.: permaculture, organic-gardening, 
organic-certification, simple-living & homestead  
=========================================================

Here are brief subscription instructions plus a few urls for 
details about the U.N.C. listserver (uses the ListProc software).

Use the WILP page or send email to: [email-masked]
with the message body: review <put mailing list name here> to find
out name & email ID you are subscribed any list with, in case you 
don't remember and want to unsubscribe from the list.

Subscribing To A List
=====================

Use the WILP page at the following URL's
----------------------------------------
http://www.unc.edu/courses/ssp/wilp/
or more specifically:
http://www.unc.edu/courses/ssp/wilp/user_sub_unsub.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
At this URL you'll find the complete usage docs for UNC's Listserver:
http://help.unc.edu/cgi-bin/getdocs?docnumber=ieg08
or just start at http://help/unc.edu
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Manually subscribing or unsubscribing by email:
-----------------------------------------------
 
Address your request to subscribe to a mailing list to: 
[email-masked] or [email-masked]

i.e., send email to:
[email-masked]
Leave the Subject: line blank. 

In the body of the message, type, if you're subscribing:

subscribe <put name of mailing list here> <put your real name here>
i.e.:
subscribe permaculture <put your real name here & don't include the >'s>

or, if you're unsubscribing type: 

unsubscribe <put name of mailing list here> 
this will work also:
unsubscribe <put name of mailing list here> <your real name> 

(you can also use the words unsub or signoff)

Important:
You will need to send these commands to the listserver using the 
email ID you subscribed to the list with, i.e. the ID associated 
with your name in the list of users who have subscribed to the 
mailing list.
 
For example: 
[email-masked] (Bob Smith) wants to subscribe or unsubscribe to the
permaculture mailing list at UNC. [email-masked] will send email
from his somewhere.com account to: [email-masked] and type
into the body of his message the following text:

subscribe permaculture Bob Smith
or:
unsubscribe permaculture 

To Post To All The Subscribers Of The List,
i.e. to send your message to the mailing list:
----------------------------------------------

Send your article by email to:

<put name of mailing list here>@listserv.oit.unc.edu
i.e.:
[email-masked]

IMPORTANT:
==========
Write down and save the email ID and name you subscribed with.
If you ever need to unsubscribe this info will be necessary.
This list is configured to only allow subscribers to 
post articles.

==================================================================
Contact Lawrence F. London, Jr., [email-masked], 
list owner: organic-certification, organic-gardening, permaculture
& simple-living or Lee Flier, [email-masked], list owner: 
homestead with any questions, requests or suggestions.
==================================================================