Subject: Courses in Bahia, Brazil

From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:23:01 -0300

Dear Friends at the list:
    We will be offering a Basic course in September, 15 to 26 in the
Comunnity Campina, in the Diamantina Mountains of Bahia.  CostUS$185,
all included. The course will be in Portuguese, but Spanish is all
right... This is a basic course,  with a heavy fieldwork element,
especially in agroforests and constructions with adobe.  Climate
tropical mountain, hot days, cool nights.  Place of incredible beauty.
    To be confirmed: a "family get-together" of people practicing
Permaculture for the three days following the course,  morning common
work, afternoons sharing experiences, evenings  dancing around the
bonfire, capoeira, and whatever else we wish to do... Bring a tent, 5
kilos of non-perishable food, and US$20  to help with expenses...Don't
forget your guitar, your berimbau, or whatever other musical
instrument... This meeting is to be confirmed in July...You can stay on
in the community afterwards, or visit the region, which is great for
trekking and camping.  Great season, cool, no rains...
If you are coming from the States, you need a tourist visa, which can be
bureaucratic, to get the ball moving early.

October 11- 15, Teacher's Course, in a retreat center near Salvador.
Price , around US$150 , all included, to be confirmed end July...In
Portuguese( can be Spanish). Themes: non-linear activities  of teaching;
how to deal with problem situations;  materials disponible in Portuguese
( videos, books, etc.); sharing of personal experiences.

As I will be travelling to Europe as of Sunday, I will be signing off
this list for a month.  If you are interested in participating in these
events ( you don't have to speak Portuguese to come to the
get-together!),you can contact me directly this week, or then mid-July
on my return.

Marsha

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Kent Jared" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:39:52 -0400

Hi I am a new face

                I just bought land in North East Brazil, and am interested
in permaculture, since the land is perfect for my project. I  have travelled
the world for 17 years now and enjoy the earth. I am Canadian and live in
Quebec, but venture many other worlds and build and preserve the places that
I can. Even though I am one of the few guru's of Telephony and electronics
from way back! I started from the earth and became a electronic nut, but
time has brought me back to the earth. I have been abused by machine, and
use by the government for it!

        I chose to respond to your e-mail for several reasons. I have been
montioring the permaculture page for a while now. And I like the topic.
Since I was brought up to understand the process of permaculture from many
different perspectives. I feel that now is time to GET involved! Please can
you tell me more about the trips objective.

                    Thanks
                                    Reverand Dr. Kent Jared
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++
----- Original Message -----
From: Marsha Hanzi <[email-masked]>
To: permaculture <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 1:23 PM
Subject: Courses in Bahia, Brazil

> You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email-masked]

---