Subject: [permaculture] Re: Classes

From: Scott Pittman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:02:24 -0800 (PST)

Oi, forgot the dates...... The course is in May, 1-14, 20 miles from Santa
Fe, NM. 

>++++++++++++++++
>The Permaculture Institute,USA is proud to announce its first residential
>intensive two week design certification course. It will be offered on the
>property of an intentional community Casa Las Barrancas in Pojoaque, which
>is being developed as a permaculture demonstration site. 
>
>        Course topics include but are not limited to:
>
>* Permaculture Philosophy, Ethics, and Principles 
>* Methodology of Design - observation, deduction, random assembly, zoning, etc
>* Reading the Landscape, Site Analysis, Mapping
>* Principles of Natural Systems, 
>* Patterns in Nature, Society, Culture - understanding and application
>* Water in Landscape 
>* Soil Building, Erosion Control, Earthworks
>* Forest, Trees and Their Energy Transactions
>* Building Design, Appropriate Technologies
>* Designing the Productive Home System
>* Useful Plants and Animals, Aquaculture
>* Invisible Structures, Village Design, Community Economics
>* Local Trading Systems, Urban Permaculture, Permaculture Credit Union
>
>This course will have strong emphasis on hands-on exercises after classes
>on the community wetlands, field, orchards, and gardens. The exercises will
>include
>
>        * water catchment and channeling, 
>        * planning and planting a windbreak,
>        * plant identification,
>        * laying out a key-hole/ mandala  garden, 
>        * building a herb spiral 
>        * and possibly a straw-bale wall raising.
>
>The community land has many design challenges for the class to examine -
>strong seasonal winds, highly variable microclimates, and erosion potential. 
>This course aims to provide students with a strong foundation to create
>their  own sustainable living situation in this unstable world.
>********************
>Course facilitators : 
>        Scott Pittman, founder of the Permaculture Institute, who has 13
>years of experience of teaching, designing and living permaculture on 4
>continents with indigenous people, an expert on the field of large scale
>land bio-remediation, holistic property design, alternative building,
>earthworks and invisible structures. For last 5 years Scott has been
teaching with the originator of the permaculture Dr.Bill Mollison.
>        Joel Glansberg, well known teacher and designer, wizard of
>food-forests and guilds design, founder of the Flowering Tree Permaculture
>Institute. 
>
>Number of participants will be limited, in order to provide the students
>with opportunity for personal interaction with the teachers. 
>
>Lodging: limited space in the community guesthouse, please register early,
>$130 for 13 nights in double occupancy rooms. Camping $30, please bring your
>own tent. Offsite accommodation within walking distance from the site can be
>arranged, call in advance.
>Tuition: $950 for two week course with one day off. 72 hours of formal
>instruction. Course outline, handouts, three organic meals a day are
>included. Additional free evening presentations on biodynamic, herbal
>medicine, plant identification and more. 
>
>*******************************************************************************
>                Discount $50 if paid in full on or before 3/31
>                To hold your place a deposit of $250 is due 3/15
>                Make checks payable to the Permaculture Institute,
>        PO Box 3702 Pojoaque NM 87501
>*******************************************************************************
>Other details call 505-455-0270,  fax 505-455-0514  or  email us
>[email-masked]
>
> 
> 
>
Scott Pittman

Permaculture Institute, USA
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501  US
phone 505.455.0270

*********
Ingenio Patet Campus

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]