Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Virus!

From: CtopherP <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:03:10 EST

Please check out the URL herein for accurate information on computer viruses.
Christopher Peck
Santa Fe, NM USA

In a message dated 3/13/98 4:40:35 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

<<am I the first geek to expose it?  you should bookmark those virus hoax
pages I sent you.....I found this one on the IBM hoax page.....very similar to
"JOIN THE CREW", in fact, some of the text is exactly the same.....now forward
this URL to people....

http://www.av.ibm.com/BreakingNews/HypeAlert/Holiday/

>>> CtopherP <[email-masked]> 03/13/98 04:15PM >>>
Can't say my faith in these types of messages is very high, but I'm being
dutiful and putting it out there in the hope that my computer geek friends
will verify or correct it. 
Christopher

In a message dated 3/13/98 4:02:31 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

<<>
>>VIRUS WARNING
>>
>>If you receive an e-mail titled "WIN A HOLIDAY" DO NOT open it, it
>>will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter out to
>>as many people as you can. This is a new, very malicious virus and not
>>many people know about it. This information was announced yesterday
>>morning from Microsoft, please share it with everyone that might
>>access the Internet. Once again, pass this along to EVERYONE in your
>>address book so that this may be stopped. Also, do not open or even
>>look at any mail that says "RETURNED OR UNABLE TO DELIVER" this virus
>>will attach itself to your computer components and render them
>>useless.  Immediately delete any mail items that say this. AOL has
>>said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy
>>for it at this time. please practice cautionary measures and forward
>>this to all your on-line friends.
>>Kimberly J. Griggs
>>Accounting Manager
>>Gateway Systems Corporation
>>4660 S. Hagadorn, Suite 110
>>
>>_________________________________________>>
>>

Subject: Re: Fwd: Virus!
From: "Tony Thibodeau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:36:09 -0700

am I the first geek to expose it?  you should bookmark those virus hoax pages
I sent you.....I found this one on the IBM hoax page.....very similar to "JOIN
THE CREW", in fact, some of the text is exactly the same.....now forward this
URL to people....

http://www.av.ibm.com/BreakingNews/HypeAlert/Holiday/

>>> CtopherP <[email-masked]> 03/13/98 04:15PM >>>
Can't say my faith in these types of messages is very high, but I'm being
dutiful and putting it out there in the hope that my computer geek friends
will verify or correct it. 
Christopher

In a message dated 3/13/98 4:02:31 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

<<>
>>VIRUS WARNING
>>
>>If you receive an e-mail titled "WIN A HOLIDAY" DO NOT open it, it
>>will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter out to
>>as many people as you can. This is a new, very malicious virus and not
>>many people know about it. This information was announced yesterday
>>morning from Microsoft, please share it with everyone that might
>>access the Internet. Once again, pass this along to EVERYONE in your
>>address book so that this may be stopped. Also, do not open or even
>>look at any mail that says "RETURNED OR UNABLE TO DELIVER" this virus
>>will attach itself to your computer components and render them
>>useless.  Immediately delete any mail items that say this. AOL has
>>said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy
>>for it at this time. please practice cautionary measures and forward
>>this to all your on-line friends.
>>Kimberly J. Griggs
>>Accounting Manager
>>Gateway Systems Corporation
>>4660 S. Hagadorn, Suite 110
>>
>>_________________________________________>>