Subject: Re: Rhus clan

From: [email-masked] (John Knapp)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:22:32 -0800

At 2:24 AM 4/7/98, Miekal And wrote:

>
>Also, has anyone tried sheetmulching poison ivy?  Ive got some spots
>appearing in our nut orchard that are still managable & would like to do
>something before they take over the whole orchard.

Sheet mulched(with cardboard) several areas where I had pulled out large
stands of poison oak.  So far, no sign of new sprouts in those areas - but
it may be to soon to know for sure(6 weeks).  Haven't tried it in any areas
where I did not pull out most of the plants first.  Think it's worth a try.
Will let you know as my experiments with vinegar and sheet mulching, and
probably citric acid, go on.

John

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:29:31 +0000

> probably citric acid, go on.

dont think we'll be pulling out the poison ivy by hand,  if I think
about poison ivy too long I break out & start itching, let alone touch
it, even with a space suit on.

miekal

---

From: Miekal And <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:29:31 +0000

miekal