Subject: Patterning Intensive

From: Jenny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:55:18 -0700

PERMACULTURE DRYLANDS INSTITUTE :

PATTERNING INTENSIVE
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DATE: November 6-9  (form 9am to 5 pm) 
We are almost at capacity!! Call soon if you are interested.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION:  EARTHWORKS  Santa Fe, New Mexico
------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTORS: Tim Murphy and Ben Haggard
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDI  (Permaculture Drylands Institute)
P.O. Box 156 
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504

Need more information? Call Jenny (505) 983-0663
e-mail: [email-masked]  
http://members.aol.com/pdrylands/PDIhome1.htm

========================================================================

Life takes its form from the flows that move through it,
and the forces that pass over it. Interaction between functional needs
and dynamic flow shapes living organisms, structures, and systems.

The ability to "read" patterns brings us into dynamic relationship with
landscape, changing our perception of ourselves and the world around us
forever.

Through Patterning, we apply the dynamics of flow in nature to the
design of homes, farms, and communities. Patterning allows the designer
to weave natural and human energy patterns within an integrated whole.
Using patterning, we can assess and manage a sophisticated body of
information, and reach design conclusions quickly and accurately.

We possess a natural, inborn awareness of patterns. However, as members
of a symbol literate society, our pattern recognition skills often
atrophy. Whether you are a permaculture designer wanting to heighten
your design skills, a permaculture teacher seeking a better
understanding of this crucial area of permaculture knowledge, or
applying permaculture concepts in your own life, this workshop will
immerse you in pattern observation and patterning practice, enhancing
your skills and awareness. It aims to
========================================================================
- reawaken innate pattern recognition skills, building upon
participants' current understanding and state of awareness

-provide experience with extrapolating the patterns and dynamics of flow
from one to another

- apply pattern understanding to the design process

Workshop activities include field outings, 
>>>>>>AERIAL FLYOVER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
group discussion and projects, slide presentations, and experiential
exercises.

Date: November 6-9  (form 9am to 5 pm) 
We are almost at capacity!! Call soon if you are interested.

Location:  EARTHWORKS INSTITUTE Santa Fe, New Mexico

Instructors: Tim Murphy and Ben Haggard
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEE: $525 Credit cards accepted, non-refundable deposit of $175 holds a
place in the workshop.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREREQUISITE: Basic Permaculture Design Course
This is an advanced course and requires a deep understanding of
Permaculture Philosophy and Design. 
-------------------------------------------------------------

PDI (Permaculture Drylands Institute)
P.O. Box 156 
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504
Need more information? Call Jenny (505) 983-0663
e-mail: [email-masked]  
http://members.aol.com/pdrylands/PDIhome1.htm