Subject: Permaculture Ethics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:59:20 -0400 (EDT)

The following is pasted from page on of Permaculture Design Course Pamphlet
VIII (Mollison), Designing for Permaculture, placed in public domain by
Yankee Permaculture.  It may also be found on page 1, PROD (Permaculture
Review, Overview and Digest), Vol. 1, No. 1.

PROFESSIONAL PERMACULTURE DESIGNERS' ETHICS
 1. As a group of designers, we cooperate; we do not compete.
2. We do not duplicate each other's work. As far as possible, we create and
use individual designs.
3. We care for our clients and are responsible to them.
4. The end to which we are working is the reforestation of the Earth and the
restoration of its soils to health.
5. We care for the environment and wildlife. In all our design work, we side
with that "super client," Gaia, which is an old Greek word for the Mother
Earth Goddess. Earth was conceived of then as a living, thinking organism, a
biological entity.
6. We seek the best, the most appropriate energy paths, utilizing appropriate
energy.
7. We recycle at the highest level possible. Everything can be a resource.
You must know how to use it. Use what you have. Try to make the least change
produce the most effect.
8. A final ethic, which we practice in our community in Tasmania, is that we
divest ourselves of everything surplus to our needs. But we don't ask you to
do that.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.  Next starts in Oct. 1997. Internships available.
Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA
 [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.