Subject: drylands permaculture

From: Jonathan Bentley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 23:53:31 +-900

Hi
I recently read about a publication that focuses on permaculture in arid 
zones. It's called PERMACULTURE DRYLANDS JOURNAL. Does anyone know if they 
have a website or email address?

here's the snailmail address:

Permaculture Drylands Institute
P.O. Box 156
Santa Fe, NM 87504-0156		thanks!

					Jonathan Bentley

---

From: "Steve Diver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 12:35:53 +0000

> zones. It's called PERMACULTURE DRYLANDS JOURNAL. Does anyone 
> know if they have a website or email address?

The following information is from The Permaculture FAQ, May 1997 
version (not posted on web yet).  A second arid lands publication is
included fyi.  

Steve Diver

===============================================
Permaculture Drylands Journal
Permaculture Drylands Institute
P.O. Box 156
Santa Fe, NM  87504-0156
(505) 983-0663
Cost: $25, 3 issues per year 
http://www.amug.org/~shadetre/Perma.html

Permaculture Drylands Journal (formerly Sustainable Living in
Drylands) is published in April, August, and December by the
Permaculture Drylands Education and Research Institute. It focuses on
permaculture concepts and designs for arid lands, with a heavy focus
on New Mexico and Arizona.  PDJ has published articles on straw bale
buildings, solar box cookers, dryland farming, and much more; back
issues are available.  PDI offers a regular series of Permaculture
Design Courses.   

Dry Country News
Box 23-J
Radium Springs, NM 88054
Cost:  $10, 4 issues per year
http://www.zianet.com/drynews/

Dry Country News is devoted to Earth-based, low-impact living in the
American Southwest.  Whether you call it homesteading, permaculture,
or sustainable living, Dry Country News is packed with information of
interest to desert dwellers everywhere.  Topics covered include
alternative construction methods (straw bale, cob, adobe, etc.),
gardening in our difficult desert climate, solar energy techniques
and applications, desert herbs for food and medicine, sustainable
irrigation methods (rainwater catchments, drip, etc.) and much more.
===============================================

--
[email-masked]