Subject: Re: Getting started...

From: [email-masked] (Victor Guest)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 1994 08:38:57 WST

>To: 
>
>Hi Mike, and all. 
>
>I find it best to add a piece at a time as you are comfortable and feel the
>need.  

Hi I would like to break into this discussion, and ask if through this
mail list we might consider getting a news group organised. I may be out 
of order as my knowledge of the net is limited.

I have seen postings by people who asked about a permaculture news group
and I couldn't tell them of one.

I know there is an FAQ being worked on for a WEB server, as we are well
down that track in Perth Western Australia.

This will help cater for people who are in the GETTING STARTED field as 
well as a forum to network more Permaculture.

>I've been learning about Permaculture for 6-8 years now, and i think it is a
>continually evolving field.  Each of us can increase our web of knowledge
>about the processes which surround us and our part in them for as long as
>we're here.  

I was working on sustainability on my farm, and on Permaculture since 
I left the farm, so some of my experiences are similar to you Bill.

I have had access to Internet for about 2 years.

I now also wish I had my grand parents to talk to about their experience
particularly during the depression, when the farm was almost a fully
contained unit.

I still have a memory of all of the smells and tastes.

>Bill Christensen
>[email-masked]
>
>  
>  Sent via FirstClass (R) UUCP Gateway from InfiNet*
>    an online community for progressive information
>        Austin, Texas USA * BBS 512.301.2151 
> 

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                      Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                         3 McKee Plce Kingsley. 6206
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 3092108
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:----

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 22:41:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Oct 1994, Victor Guest wrote:

> Date: Fri, 07 Oct 1994 08:38:57 WST
> From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked],
>     permaculture list <[email-masked]>
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Victor, can you tell us how we may subscribe to your permaculture
mailing list in OZ?

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Getting started...

> of order as my knowledge of the net is limited.

I have thought about this myself and the newsgroup name:
alt.agriculture.permaculture seems appropriate. If you or someone else 
will write the statement of purpose for the group I'll have the newsgroup 
formed here at my newssite.

> and I couldn't tell them of one.
alt.sustainable.agriculture is currently being used for that purpose; of 
course, permaculture-related articles appear in sanet-mg, 
alt.agriculture.misc, and elsewhere.

> down that track in Perth Western Australia.
I have a permaculture information Gopher here at sunSITE. I'd like to 
archive your FAQ when it's completed. Several of are working on one here 
in the U.S.

> well as a forum to network more Permaculture.

It would be a big help in answering questions about permaculture that 
arise on the net. The regular posting of FAQs would be an important part
of educating the public.

________________________________________________
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - [email-masked] 
------------------------------------------------