Subject: [permaculture] ANNOUNCEMENT: Vancouver (B.C, Canada) Permaculture Network's "Eco-Village Opportunities - an Evening of Presentations."

From: [email-masked] (Harold Waldock)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:45:16 -0700

ANNOUNCEMENT: Vancouver (B.C, Canada) Permaculture Network's  "Eco-Village
Opportunities - an Evening of Presentations."

Have you ever wanted to live in an environmentally and socially friendly
home and neighbourhood? Have you ever wanted to know what an eco-village
is? Are you looking for affordable housing?  Find out how you could live in
one too.  The Vancouver Permaculture Network is hosting  "Eco-Village
Opportunities".

Includes:

1)  "Crystal Waters Permaculture Village", a  new 18 min. video about a
large scale Permaculture development (259ha) and ecovillage.  Produced by
the Global Eco-Village Network.  Has individual ownership lots, from the
ground up environmental design, community center facilities, an operating
farm and extensive wildlife areas.  A new video from Australia.

Presentations:
2) "Permaculture and Ecovillages, Urban and Rural" Harold Waldock, of
Edible Landscape Creations,  Learn about the Permaculture Development Model
and how it is used to protect farmland and wildlife areas.  Learn why the
Ecovillage concept is the housing of choice from social and environmental
perspectives.

3) "Strawbale and Do It Yourself Housing"  State of the art low cost and
DIY housing developments. Could new detached 3 bedroom houses be available
in the GVRD for as little as $120,000 cash?  Speaker & Topic TBA

4) "Cohousing, A Contemporary Approach to Housing Ourselves." by Alan
Carpenter   of Community Dream Creators.  An introduction to Cohousing, a
neighbourhood design orientated to community with individual home ownership
that is now 15% of all new housing in Denmark, and is widespread in North
America. There are several built in BC including Windsong Cohousing in
Langley.

Date: April 28th, Wednesday  7:15pm.
Location: La Quena Coffee House, 1111 Commercial Drive.
Admission by donation.
Please call ahead for pre registration 645 9529 if you wish to be eligible
for valuable door prizes and receive special information packages.

Please forward this message on to your interested friends.

See you there,

Harold Waldock
Vancouver Permaculture Network
http://www.alternatives.com/vpn
Phone (604) 645 9529
[email-masked]

Mail:
Vancouver Permaculture Network
C/O Diane Falvey
#1 - 4231 Sophia Street
Vancouver, B.C.
Canada
V5V 3V6

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:24:00 EDT

helo harold,

Good luck with the conference. Hope it goes well...there's such a need for 
such conferences to educate people who may be interested.

BTW I am also starting a small eco-village...perhaps up to 50 people.  Thta's 
a much smaller, less demanding scale tan some of the larger planned villages 
like Crystal waters.

Perhaps you could mention my place, or include it in your directory, website 
etc.

It's called GOOSE CREEK ViLLAGE, and it's on a beautiful 450 acre farm site 
in southern Kentucky. I've posted some pictures of the farm at:

http://members.aol.com/dogscratch/goosecreekfarm/

Sure would appreciate your thoughts, comments, and any help. Good members are 
the KEY!:)  Best wishes.   Frank

---