Subject: [permaculture] Robert Theobald and The Healing Century (fwd)

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:47:19 -0400 (EDT)

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:22:12 +1000
From: Argall Family <[email-masked]>
To: SANET <[email-masked]>
Subject: Robert Theobald and The Healing Century

There are transcripts of a lecture series by Robert Theobald, beginning
thus:

"Program one. The Inevitable/Impossible Transformation: Grasping our Moment
in Time.
"The purpose of this set of six programs is to bring you a message of hope.
I shall argue that we are capable of making a profound positive shift in our
thinking over the next few years. The heart of this shift would be for us to
conceptualize the twenty-first century as the healing century just as the
twentieth will certainly be defined in the future as the economic century. I
shall prove that only a change toward a more caring and compassionate
culture at all levels from the personal to the ecological can avoid massive
breakdowns.
"I am all too well aware, however, that the message of hope I intend to send
will only be welcome to those who are aware that the current directions of
the global culture are unacceptable and unsustainable. If you still believe
that our current commitment to maximum economic growth and international
competitiveness, based on ever-increasing technological competence, will
solve our problems then my message will seem pessimistic and, indeed, highly
negative.
"I am convinced that we face a set of unavoidable crises which are already
visible to those who care to look beyond the dominant headlines..."

at the Radio National [Australia] web site:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/events/theobald.htm

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]