Subject: Dere's a waterfall at da end of dat river da Nile. (fwd)

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:20:39 EDT
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Dere's a waterfall at da end of dat river da Nile.

In a message dated 6/20/99 4:34:58 PM, [email-masked] writes:

<< Those that live in cities, densely populated areas, where supplies run
<< out, even or a short period of time. Panic will set in >>

We are all floating down a river called da Nile, at the end is a waterfall 
that no  one can hear or see, we will all learn how big or small it is when 
we ride it together 1/1/2000. Hopefully, it will be small, but the 
possibility that it will be large is not remote enough to ignore.
 
"To not prepare fully (inventorying/stockpiling and self-sustainable 
neighborhoods) is folly."

We need to create models, be the models for our neighborhoods, communities, 
and nation:

	1.Low cost greenhouses with the leading edge techniques for growing 
organics, like "aeroponics" using vertical structures, nutrient fed looped 
tubing. Schools would be a great place to create "community food security" 
and food for the brain and body for our children. The time is ripe for 
growing greenhouses.
	2. Edible landscapes (your front yard)
	3. Window sill gardening: lettuce, herbs, sprouts, and wheat grass
	4. Vertical gardening:  1. Make a column out of chickenwire and 
tarpaper or cardboard about 3 1/2 feet high, 14 inches diameter. Hold a 4 
inch diameter pipe in center and fill with sand and stones (for watering),   
fill the rest of the area with good soil, remove the pipe. Cut 3” inch slits 
around the outside thru the wire and paper in a spiral pattern. Insert 
seedlings in slits (40-60). Can be used on sidewalks, balconies, roofs. Sizes 
are arbitrary. 4 or 5 should feed a family plenty of vegetables, plant about 
2 weeks apart to keep a steady harvest.
	`5. Fish farming in a barrel
Local gov’ts. should be asked to bring grains from the silos across America 
where they often rot every year and store them in accessible places for 
neighborhoods in your city. 	

http://bagelhole.hypermart.net/ (looking for website help)
focus: low-tech sustainable ideas/methods
____________________________

This is a humanitarian, non-commercial project that is dependent on global 
collaboration to succeed (self-sustainable neighborhoods before 2000). This 
could be a way to divert panic as we approach the new year, by having this 
ready and available for those who suddenly see, the safety and beauty of 
being self-sustainable. If you would like to help in the best way you can, 
please do and respond to this e-mail. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
										
					One Family,
										
				Tom Osher (bagelhole1)
										
					San Francisco
										
					Tax id 94-3111898
										
					415-824-4214	

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]