Subject: Another good reason not to eat roundup-ready crops

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:18:56 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:16:35 -0400
From: Alex McGregor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Glyphosates and NHL

To all those who wanted more references to studies linking glyphosate
exposure to non-Hodgkins lynphoma. This is from a recent Rachel's
Weekly:

One of the herbicides linked to NHL by the most recent Hardell
study is glyphosate, sold by Monsanto under the trade name
Roundup. A previous study of human subjects in 1998 had
implicated Roundup in hairy cell leukemia (cancer of the
blood-forming organs), a rare kind of NHL.[5] Several animal
studies have shown that Roundup can cause gene mutations and
chromosomal aberrations.[3]

[5] M. Nordstrom and others, "Occupational exposures, animal
exposure, and smoking as risk factors for hairy cell leukaemia
evaluated in a case-control study," BRITISH JOURNAL OF CANCER
Vol. 77 (1998), pgs. 2048-2052.
[3] Lennart Hardell and Mikael Eriksson, "A Case-Control Study
of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Exposure to Pesticides," CANCER Vol.
85, No. 6 (March 15, 1999), pgs. 1353-1360.

What's even more eye-opening is the studies listed which link atrazine
to NHL Check it out at:

 http://www.rachel.org.

Alex

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]