Subject: Re: Do you LOVE forwarding other people's messages...

From: Michael Yount <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:51:22 -0700

------- Forwarded Message

- ---------
From:     Andy Richker <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: Re: Do you LOVE gardening and cant wait to... (UPDATED)
Date:     Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:01:23 -0600
To:       Michael Yount <[email-masked]>

Huh?? Does anybody have a problem with this post or is it just me?

>Do you LOVE gardening and canÌt wait to get outside and mess around in the
>dirt? . .
>. If so, do you plant potatoes?
>Chances are you do. Then why not pay a visit to a brand new website
>dedicated to our

>many of your oldtime favorites as well as the latest in technological
>spuds
>.

Technological doesn't sound too appealing or appropriate to this list.

>from disease free potato plant tissue which is multiplied in our state of
>the art laboratory.
>This process is called micropropagation Ç and involves growing the plants
>:}>in test tubes.
>These plants are then transplanted into our modern greenhouses for the
>production
>of mini-tubers. Watering, fertilizing, and pest control are monitored
>closely throughout
>the growing season to give you, the customer, the premium product you
>want
>and
>deserve.

I don't know too much about potatoe growing but this doesn't sound so
kosher to me.

 Available to the public for the first time - the patented NewLeaf potatoes
from NatureMark. These potatoes are like any other potato; but they have a
built-in protein from nature

built in protein?? Is this so smart?

 to protect themselves from the dreaded potato beetle. This eliminates the
need to apply insecticides Ç a concern every American has about the foods
they eat. This is a product of biotechnology. And the good news is it has
no effect on the environment.

OH this is sounding like a sales job now, biotechnology and environment.
Everything affects the environment.

Any other comments or please tell me if I am out of line here.

Maybe these folks took a biotechnology Permaculture Course??! I don't
know??

Andy

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Michael Yount <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:51:22 -0700

- ---------

Andy