Subject: re: non-natives

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:42:50 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Jack's words on this as long as we focus on plants necessary to
make human life directly sustainable. It seems to me obvious-- and probably
to all of you, so I will keep this short-- that when we consider the food
needs of native wildlife, the issue of native plants takes on a different
turn. 

There are countless non-natives attractive to native wildlife, but for the
most part, most native insects, birds and mammals are highly dependant on
particular species of native plants. In this context, the importance of
protecting, identifying,  and growing natives-- especially those needed by
native wildlife-- becomes more urgent.  Bob Randall/Urban Harvest

---

From: "Kathie Priebe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 97 09:32:57 PST

In advance, my apologies.  I seem to have misplaced the instructions for
removing my name from the list.  If possible, would you have a point of
contact that may be able to help me with this.  Unfortunately, I have
changed ISPs since I subscribed which complicates the automatic
'unsubscribe' process.
Thank you
-Kathie Priebe

----------

---

From: "Kathie Priebe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 97 09:32:57 PST

----------