Subject: seed/plant sources

From: Lee Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 14:20:44 -0500

In a message dated 12/7/97 11:40:21 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

>Hi,
>Just wanted to thank Jack Rowe for posting this. Most of sources are west
>coast.
>Can anyone add sources like Jack's for Ozarks, and eastern half of the
>country? Thanks frank

Frank, here's a listing of seed and plant sources published in the
Permaculture Activist #34. "Useful Plants" June 1996.  This is a
particularly good issue and is available from The Permaculture Activist,
PO Box 1209, Black Mountain, NC 28711. 704-298-2812. [email-masked].
Happy Trails, Lee Barnes 

Open pollinated Seed Sources 

Compiled 6/96 by Lee Barnes, 
(with special thanks to Florida Organic Growers and Consumers for
sources of organic/untreated seed.)

	Abundant Life Seed Foundation. P.O. Box 772, Port Townsend, WA 98368
(Cat. $2.00) -- non-profit growers and collectors of non-hybrid seeds.
	Alston Seed Growers. P.O. Box 266, Littleton, NC 27850. ($1 pricelist,
refundable with order). Organic/Untreated seeds. (O/UT) Special family
seeds, collectors, and importers.
	Bountiful Gardens. Ecology Action, 19550 Walker Rd., Willits, CA 95490
-- wonderful selection of seeds, including select seeds from the Henry
Doubleday Research Associates, renowned for their preservation of
European Cultivars. Extensive book list. Ecology Action is a non-profit
research organization, dedicated to biointensive farming.
	Caudill Seed Company, Inc. 1201 Story Ave., Louisville, KY 40206-1791.
(502-583-4402.) O/UT.  Min. Order 500 lbs. Agricultural field seed,
beans, reclamation seed and supplies.
	Classical Fruits. 8831 AL Hwy 157, Moulton, AL 35650 205-974-8813.
O/UT. New and antique fruits.
	Cross Seed Co. HC 69, Box 2, Bunker Hill, KS 67626-9701. O/UT. ($1
pricelist). Seeds for sprouting. 
	DeGiorgi Seed Co.  6011 N St., Omaha, NE 68117-1634. O/UT. 1500+
varieties, perennials, veggies, and grasses from US and Europe.
	Fileree Farm, Rt. 1, Box 162, Okanogan, WA 98840-9774.(Cat. 42). O/UT.
100+ cvs. organic garlic.
	Floating Mountain Seeds, Box 1275, Port Angeles, WA 98362. (Cat. $2).
O/UT. 200+ cvs. organic heirlooms.
	Fox Hollow Herb/Heirloom Seed Co., P.O. Box 148, McGrann, PA 16326.
(Cat. $1). 100+ herbs and veggies.
	Frontier Seed Co., Box 299 Norway, IA 52318. O/UT. Esp. sprouting
seeds.
	Garden City Seeds, 1324 Red Crow Rd., Victor, MT 59875. O/UT.
Non-profit, 600+ cvs. and green manures.
	Gourmet Gardener, 8650 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS 66210. (Cat.
$2). O/UT. 200+ cvs.
	Heirloom Seeds, P.O. Box 245, W. Elizabeth, PA 15088 (Cat. $1)-- all
seeds are standard, open pollinated varieties. Esp. good selection of
historical tomato varieties.
	Henry Field's Seed & Nursery Co., 415 North Burnett, Shenandoah, IA
51602 --not organic, but good source for heirloom varieties of veggies,
ornamental and fruit tree stock.
	Heymaqua Seed Service, 2286 S. Face Rd., Garberville, CA 95440. O/UT.
Salad greens and perennials.
	High Altitude Gardens. P.O. Box 4619, Ketchum, ID 83340 (Cat. $3.00) --
specialize in varieties adapted to short season, high altitude climates.
	J.L. Hudson Seedsman   P.O. Box 1058, Redwood, CA 94064  (Cat. $1.00)--
sells only O.P. varieties from all over the world. Esp. unique
collection!  
	Johnny's Select Seeds. Foss Hill Road, Albion, Maine 04910 -- 
excellent selection of tested O.P. seeds. Books, and Organic Supplies.
	Kalmia Farms. P.O. Box 3881, Charlottesvile, VA 22903 --specializes in
multiplier onions, shallots ans garlic.
	Kilgore Seed Co. , 1400 W. First St. Sanford, FL. O/UT.
	Lovelace Seeds, Browns Mill Rd., Elsberry, Missouri 63340.
314-898-2103. Native tree and shrub seeds, wetland/conservation
plantings priced by lb.
	Mellinger’s, 2310 W. South Range Rd., N Lima, OH 4452-9731.
	Moosetubers, Box 1010, Dixmont, ME 04932. O?NT. Seed potatoes, $25 min.
order.
	Native Seeds/ SEARCH. 2509 N. Campbell Ave. #325, Tucson AZ 85719 (Cat.
$1.00) --  specializes in heirloom var. from Mexico and the SW Native
Indians. Sells dried peppers, and other products.
	Necessary Trading Company, P.O. Box 305, New Castle, VA 24127 -- offers
wide variety of organic gardening supplies, natural pest controls, cover
crop seeds, etc. 
	Nichols Garden Nursery, 1190 N. Pacific Hwy, Albany OR 97321. O/UT.
Unusual veggies.
	Oldsfield Seed Co., P.O. Box 577, Winchester, KY 40392-0577. O/UT.
	Park Seed Co., Cokesbury Rd., Greenwood, SC 29647.
	Peace Seeds, 2385 S.E. Thompson St. Corvallis, OR 97333 (Cat. $3.50) --
extensive  selection of heirloom varieties. and high nutrition
vegetables, etc. 
	Pine Tree Garden Seeds, Box 300, New Gloucester, ME 04260-- specializes
in small, economic affordible seed-packs. Very wide variety of seeds,
and excellent book selection. 
	Ronninger’s Seed Potatoes, Star Route, Moyie Springs, ID 83845,
208-267-7938. (Cat. $2.) - offers 155 cvs. of “seed” potatoes, garlic,
wlking and potato onions, etc. Highly recommended as the best source of
different potatoes.!
	Redwood  City Seed Co. P.O. Box 361, Redwood City, CA 94064. (Cat.
$1.00) -- original alternative seed Company, specializes in hot peppers.
	Salt Springs Seeds, Box 33, Ganges, BC, Canada, VOS-1EO. (Cat. 42).
O/UT. Esp. high-protein crops, 100 cvs. dried beans. 
	Sandy Mush Herb Nursery, Rt. 2, Surrett Cove Rd., Leicester, NC 
704-683-2014.-- extensive listing of herb plants, unusual perennials,
etc.. (Cat. $4.00)
	Seed Saver's Exchange. Rural Route 3, Box 239, Decorah, Iowa, 52101. --
not a retail sales company, rather an focus for member-propagated and
distributed heirloom varieties. (Membership $25/ Yr. ) . Members
receive  several publications each year, including a Seed Savers
Yearbook which lists the varieties availble from members. The 1991
Yearbook was 304 pages long!,  with descriptions of thousands of
varieties. SSE manages a Preservation Garden which preserves and
increases an est. 5000 plant varieties.  Also  manage The Flower & Herb
Exchange ( specializing in O.P. traditional varieties., $5.00 annual
Membership)
	Seeds Blüm  Idaho City Stage, Boise, ID 83706 (Cat. $3.) -- sells over
1000 varieties of O.P. seeds.. Wonderful selection.! 
	Seeds Trust/ High Altitude Gardens, P.O. Box 1048, Hailey, ID 83333.
(Cat. $3). O/UT. Many european/ russian cvs., custom blended wildflower
mixes. Esp. short season cvs.
	Seeds of Change. 621 Old Santa Fe Trail, #10, Santa Fe, NM 87501
--specialize in traditional  SW - O.P. varieties.,  selected for
nutritional content, drought tolerance, and significance for genetic
diversity.
	Seeds West, PO Box 1739, El Pradea, NM 87529 (Cat. $2). O/UT. 
	Shepard’s Garden Seeds, 30 Irene Street, Torrington, Connecticut 06790,
203-482-3638. - exceptional ofering of heirloom veggies, herb, and
flower seed.(esp. known for salad “greens”) Also offers hybrids.
	R.H. Shumway, P.O. Box 1, Graniteville, SC 29829, 803-663-9771. - great
offering of southern adapted seed varieties including bulk orders. In
business for 125 years. Also offers hybrids. 1994 offering of “Seymour’s
Selected Seeds” of 350 selected varieties of English cottage garden
flower seeds (seperate catalogue). Regular catalog is illustrated with
exceptionally beautiful woodcuts. 
	Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, P.O. Box 158, North Garden, VA 22959
(Cat. $3) -- feature O.P. veggies, herbs, some grains and beans adapted
to mid-Atlantic region. Informative catalog with seed-saving info, and
plant culture. Good selection of books and seed-saving supplies.
Specializes in O.P. Heirloons adapted to the  Central Virginia
Mountains. Recently founded "Seed SharesTM : The Gardener's Seed Bank", 
a project to distribute extremely rare plant Cultivars. 
	Southern Oregon Organics, 1130 Tetherow Rd., Williams, OR 97544. 85+
cvs. raised on own farm, including lots of heirlooms!
	Southern Seeds, PO Box 2091, Melbourne, FL 32902-2091. O/UT. 
	Stokes Seeds, Box 548, Buffolo, NY 14240 or Box 10, St. Catherines, ON,
Canada L2R 6R6. O/UT.
	Story House Herb Farm, Rt. 7, Box 246, Murray, KY 42071. (Cat. $2)
O/UT. Certified organic herbs.
	Sunrise Enterprises, P.O. Box 330058, West Hartford, Connecticut 06133
(Cat. $2)--  wonderful selection of oriental vegetables and flower
seeds. Also sells books. 
	Territorial Seed Co., P.O. Box 157, Cottage Grove, OR 97424 or 206-8475
Ontario St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5X 3E8. O/UT. 
	Tinmouth Channel Farm, Box 428 B, Tinmouth, VT 05773. (Cat. $2). O/UT. 
100+ cvs. organic herbs. 
	The Thomas Jefferson Center for Historic Plants, Monticello, P.O. Box
316, Charlottesvlle, VA 22902-- offers seeds of vegetable and many
flowers grown by Jefferson.
	Totally Tomatoes, P.O. Box 1626, Augusta, GA 30903-- offers 250
varieties of tomatoes, both o.p. and hybrid. Offers a few pepper
varieties including “extremely hot”, all purple plant and peppers
“Pretty Purple”.
	Turtle Enterprises, Rt. 1, Box71, Dalton, WI 53926 (SASE). Sweet
sorghum seed.
	Vermont Bean Co. -Seeds For The World. . Garden Lane, Fair Haven,
Vermont 05743 -- specialize in bean varieties and oriental greens.
	Wilton’s Organic Potatoes, PO Box 28, Aspen, CO 81612. Sells only
Norgolds and Norlands grown at 8000 ft.
	Wyatt- Quarles Seed Co., Box 739, Garner, NC 27529-- sell many O.P.
varieties, as well as hybrid seed. Good selection of varieties which do
well in the Piedmont and in the southeast. Great people!

Unreviewed additions (assembled from misc. sources)

	Abracadabra,P.O. Box 1040, Guerneville, CA 95446
	Alston Seed Growers, P.O. Box 266, Littleton, NC 27850
	Burrel Seed Growers, Box 150, Rocky Ford, CO 81067
	Burch’s, 321 Texas, Texarkana, TX 77501
	De Giorgi Co., P.O. Box 413, Council Bluffs, IA 51502
	Fred’s Plant Farm, Rt. 1, P.O. Box 707, Dresden, TN 38225
	Gilfeather Turnip, Rt. 1, Box 200, Brattleboro, VT 05301
	Greenleaf Seeds, P.O. Box 89, Conway, MA 01341
	Heirloom Gardens, P.O. Box 138, Guerneville, CA 95446
	Johnson Seed Co., 227 Ludwig Ave., Donsman, WI 53118
	Lands-End Seeds, Crawford, CO 81415
	Long Island Seed and Plant, P.O. Box 1361, Stockton, CA 95205
	Tregunno Seeds Ltd., 126 Catherine St. N, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8R
IJ4
	Evans Plant Co., P.O. Box 1649, Tifton, GA 31794
	Earnest Hardison Seed Co., P.O. Box 23072, Nashville, TN 37201
	Weeks Seed Co., 921 Dickinson Ave., Greenville, NC 27834
	H.G. Hastings Co., 1036 White St. SW, P.O. Box 115535, Atlanta, GA
30310
	Self Sufficient Seeds, Barr Hollow Rd., Woodward, PA 16882
	Southern Garden Co., Box 888748, Dunwoody, GA 30338
	Bonarraster, Box 618, Frederick, MD 21701
	Fungi Perfecti, P.O. Box 7634, Olympia, WA 98507
	Kalmia, P.O. Box 3881, Charlottesville, VA 22903
	Margrave Plant Co., Gleason, TN 38229
	The Pepper Gal, 10536 119th Ave. N, Largo FL 33543
	H.W Alfrey, P.O. Box 415, Knoxville, TN 37901
	High Altitude Mountain Seed and Nursery, P.O. Box 9107, Moscow, ID
83843
	Wild Garden Seed, Shoulder to Shoulder, Box 1509, Philomath, OR 97370
503-929-4068. 

Nursery Sources for Permaculture Plants

(Compiled from Cornucopia {Facciola}, Fruit, Berry and Nut Inventory
{Seed-saver’s Exchange-Kent Whealy}, and misc. sources. Catalogs free
unless noted- catalog prices are believed to be current, and most are
well worth the small cost, including cultural info, etc. Please send me
any additional personal recommendations/sources- P.O. Box 1303,
Waynesville, NC 28786) (704)-452-5716.

	American Forest Food Corporation, P.O. Box 2196, Hendersonville, NC
27536, 919-438-2674 - shitake and exotic mushroom spawn.
	Appalachian Gardens, P.O.Box 82, Waynesboro, PA 17268-0082,
717-762-4312 - ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials including rare and
old var.
	Applesource, Rt. 0ne, Chapin, Il. 62628- offers 100 varieties of apples
for taste,  good for determining personal preferences.
	The Banana Tree, 715 Northampton St. Easton, PA 18042 (Cat. $.50)--
banana, nuts, 50 tropical and 19 misc. var. in 1988.
	Vernon Barnes & Son Nursery, P.O. Box 250L, McMinnville, TN  37110,
615-668-8576- over 250 var. fruit/nut/shrubs/perennials.
	Bear Creek Nursery, P.O. Box 411, Newport, WA 99157 (Cat. $.50)-great
selection fruit/nut trees.
	Beaver Creek Nursery, 7526 Pelleaux Rd., Knoxville, TN 37938,
615-922-3961 (Cat. $1.00)- rare and uncommon Ornamentals, many native to
SE.
	Beersheba Wildflower Gardens, P.O. Box 551, Beersheba Springs, TN
37305, 615-692-3575- native ferns and wildflowers.
	Bill’s Berry Farm, 1500 Dotsonville Rd., Clarksville, TN 37042
,648-4030- berry plants for home and commercial plantings.
	Boothe Hill Tea Co., 23B Boothhill Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27514,
919-967-4091- native wildflowers, ferns, herbs, everlastings.
	Charleston Aquatic Nursuries, 3095 Canal Bridge Road, Johns Island, SC
29455, 803-559-3151.  Extensive  offering of potted and bareroot aquatic
plants and pond accessories. Min. order $100. or $20. “handling charge”
for orders under $100.
	Chestnut Hill Nursery, Rt.1, Box 341, Alachua, FL 32615, 904-462-2820-
wonderful disease-resistant hybrid chestnuts, oriental persimmons, figs.
Wonderful people!.
	Country Wetlands Nursery, P.O. Box 126, Muskego, WI 53150,
414-679-1268- plants and seeds of wetlands, incl. wild rice, cattail,
etc.
	Corwin Davis Nursery, R.F.D.#1, 20865 Junction Rd., Bellevue, MI 49021,
616-781-7402- (Cat. SASE) -specializes in pawpaws.
	Echo, 17430 Durrance Rd. North Fort Meyers, FL 33917, 813-543-3246(no
phone orders) ( Cat. $1)- non-profit research organization  spec. in
underexploited tropical food plants.
	Edible Landscaping Nursery, P.O. Box 77, Afton, VA 22920, 804-361-9134-
wide selection of fruit/nut/kiwi/etc.
	Forestfarm, Ray and Peg Prag, 990 Tetherow Road, Williams, Oregon
97544-9599, (Cat. $ 3.) - probably the most extensive listing of useful
plants in USA . They grow 2-3,000 different  plants , mostly in plant
“tubes” and 1 gal. containers (note different shipping dates)., with
short but amusing plant discriptions. Check them out! 
	Finch Blueberry Nursery, P.O. Box 699, Bailey, NC 27807,
1-800-245-4662- rabbiteye blueberries. Some unique varieties
	Greenleaf Farm and Nursery, Rt. 3, Box 398, Wendell, NC 27591-15 grape
cvs. in 1988.
	John Goodson, Rt. 1, Box 11, Mt. Olive, NC 28365-offers 21 strawberry
cvs.
	Hidden Springs Nursery, Rt. 14, Box 159, Cookeville, TN
38501,615-268-9889- (Cat. $.45) PC friend Hector Black’s unusual fruits
etc. including medlar, autumn olive, etc.
	Hoffman Nursery, 5520 Bahama Rd., Rougemont, NC 27572, 1-800-203-8590.
- specializes in ornamental grasses and aquatic plants. Probably best
collection of orn. grasses in NC. Minimum order $50. F.O.B.
	Holbrook Farm and Nursery, Rt. 2, Box 223B, Fletcher, NC 28732,
704-891-7790 (Cat. $2)- wonderful selection of perennials, trees,
shrubs. Excellent quality.
	Ison’s Nursery and Vineyards, Rt. 1, Box 191, Brooks, GA 30205
404-599-6970- fruit and nut trees for the south, spec. in muscadines and
scuppernongs (over 40 varieties).
	Kalmia Farms, P.O. Box 3881, Charlottesville, VA 22903- specializes in
multiplier onions, shallots, topset onions and garlic. 
	Long Hungry Creek Nursery, Box 163, Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150,
615-699-2784 (Cat. SASE)- spec. in apples, esp. late-blooming cvs. with
superior taste and disease resistance. PC friend Jeff  Poppin.
	Lawson’s Nursery, Rt. 1, Box 473, Yellow Creek Rd., Ball Ground, GA
30107 -old-timely fruits and nuts, 119 fruits, 5 berries and 2 nuts in
1988.
	Lewis Strawberry Nursery, P.O. Box 24, Rocky Point, NC 28457 - 44
strawberry cvs. in 1988.
	Morton Old-Fashioned Apples, Rt. 1, Box 203, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (no
mail order-pick-up only)- 121 fruits, 25 berries, etc. in 1988.
	Montrose Nursery, P.O. Box 957, Hillsborough, NC 27278 919-732-7787
(Cat. $2)- perennials, native wildflowers, herbs.
	Mushroompeople, 156 Drakes Lane/ P.O. Box 220, Summertown, TN
38483-0220, 615-964-2200- shittake spawn, supplies, books.
	Native Gardens, Rt. 1, Box 464, Greenback, TN 37742, 615-856-3350(Cat
$1)- nursery propagated native perennials and trees/shrubs.
	Native Grasses of the Carolinas, 501 S. Webb St., Gastonia, NC 28052,
704-827-1146- native grassed of the Carolinas.
	Natural Gardens, 4804 Shell Lane, Knoxville, TN 37918, 615-482-6746
(Cat. $1)- seeds and nursery propagated plants of wildflowers-spec. in
butterfly and bird attracting spp.
	New England Cheesemaking Supply Co., 85 Main St., Ashfield, MA 01330,
413-628-3808 (Cat. $1)- home cheesemaking supplies, incl. starter
cultures for yogurt, cheese, kefir, sour cream, etc.
	Niche Gardens, 1111 Dawson Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27516, 919-967-0078( no
phone orders) (Cat. $3)- nursery SE native perennials, underused trees
and shrubs. Great people! 
	Oregon Exotics Rare Fruit Nursery, 1065 Messenger Rd., Grants Pass, OR
97527, 503-846-7578 (Cat. $1. ?)- incredible selection of 400 select 
northern and southern  f ruits, incl. asian pears, razzelguat, guudjra,
pohuashan, etc.-great catalog! Note different shipping times for bare
root and grafted liners, etc.
	Ornamental Edibles, 3622 Weedlin Court, San Jose, CA 95132,
408-946-7333 (Cat. $1)- seeds of over 400 cvs. gourmet and edible
flowers for urban landscapes.
	Our Nursery - Sue and Adam Turtle. 30 Myers Rd., Summertown, TN 38483 -
extensivew bamboo collection, +/- 150 cvs. No shipping - Summertown
pickup only.
	Passiflora Wildflower Co., Rt. 1, Box 190-A, Germantown, NC 27019,
919-591-5816 (Cat. $1)- wildflower seeds and plant, incl. custom seed
mixes.
	Perry’s Water Gardens, 191 Leatherwood Gap Rd., Franklin, NC 28734,
704-524-3264- (Cat. $2)- incredible selection of aquatic plants. They
welcome visitors, esp. near July 4th when greatest variety of
waterlilies, lotus, etc. are blooming. Also sell goldfish.
	Salter Tree Farm, Rt. 2, Box 1332, Madison, FL 32340, 904-973-6312
(Cat. SASE)- Spec. SE natives, including especially superior varieties
grown from seed collected by a retired forester. Sells many rare SE
native spp.
	Sandy Mush Herb Nursery, Rt. 2, Surrett Cove Rd. Leicester, NC 28748,
704-683-2014 (Cat. $4)- incredible extensive listing of herbs,
perennials, etc. Somewhat pricey!
	Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, P.O. Box 158, North Garden, VA 22959
(Cat. $3)-most o.p. seeds but incl. multiplier onions, 5 fruits, 1
mulberry in 1988-great people!
	Sunlight Gardens, Rt. 1, Box 600-A, Andersonville, TN 37705,
615-494-8237- SE wildflowers and ferns, perennials.
	Tarheel Native Trees, 2234 Peele Road, Clayton, NC 27501, 919-553-5927.
- extensive collection  of NC native woody trees and shrubs, offering
rooted cuttings and larger containers of named cultivars, esp. Ilex
veticillata, and  Magnolia cvs.  
	Taylor’s Herb Gardens Inc., 1535 Lone Oak Rd,. Vista, CA 92084,
619-727-3485-herb plants and seeds- one of largest herb growers in USA.
	Tradewinds Bamboo Nursery, P.O. Box 70, Calpella, CA 95418,
707-485-0835 (Cat. SASE)- hardy and sub-tropical/tropical bamboos, esp.
edible shoots cvs. and usable cane and ornimental cvs.
	Trippe Brook Farm, 37 Middle Rd. Southhampton, MA 01073- 5 fruits, 21
berries, 16 misc. cvs.
	Village Arbors , 1804 Saugahatchee Rd., Auburn, Alabama 36830,
1-800-288-5033-mostly perenials and extensive cvs of herbs and scented
geraniums.
	Water Ways Nursery, Rt. 2, Box 247, Lovettsville, VA 22080,
703-822-9052 (Cat. $1) -  waterlilies and edible aquatic plants.
	Waterford Gardens, 74 East Allendale Rd., Saddle River, NJ 07458,
201-327-0721(Cat. $4)- water plants and supplies, esp. edible aquatics.
	Waynesboro Nurseries, P.O. Box 987, Waynesboro, VA 22980, 703-941-4141-
fruit trees, nuts, grapes, perennial vegetables, informative catalog.
	Wayside Gardens, 1 Garden Lane, Hodges SC 29695 (Cat. $1)- mostly orn.
trees/shrubs/perennials but 3 fruits, 6 berries, 3 misc. cvs. in 1988.
	We-Du Nurseries, Rt. 5, Box 724, Marion, NC 28752, 704-738-8300 (no
phone orders) (Cat. $1)- nursery propagated SE natives, unusual rock
garden plants.
	Wildflower Nursery, 1680 Hwy. 25-70, Marshall NC 28753,
704-656-2681-native wildflowers and shrubs.
	Woodlanders, 1128 Colleton Ave. Aiken, SC 29801, 803-648-7522 (no phone
orders) (Cat. $.65)- excellent selection of difficult-to-find trees and
shrubs, esp. SE natives. Great  people!

Other Sources

	Soil and Water Conservation Society. 1987. Sources of Native Seeds and
Plants. SWCS 7515 Northeast Ankeny Rd., Ankeny, Iowa 50021- $3. post
paid - 32 pg.  listing of 243 sources of native trees/shrub plants and
trees.

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 00:24:50 -0500 (EST)

Lee:

In the recent Permaculture Activist newsletter there was a reference to 
their putting up a website "with the help of friends". There was
no telephone number provided to call them so would you forward an
offer from me of an account on sunSITE with which to create and
maintain such a website. There would be no cost to them.
Let me know if they (or you) are interested in such a thing and I will
send details.

Lawrence
------------------------------------------------------------------
    Support your local organic market farmer, buy products with
 Sustainably Grown, Natural, Ecological or Biointensive labelling
   http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/vfm/   VIRTUAL FARMERS' MARKET
           http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
          [email-masked]   [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:07:01 -0800

> Let me know if they (or you) are interested in such a thing and I will
Larry, I just moved to NC after directing Sonoma Permaculture in Ca. Now
I'm here to join in building and inhabiting Earthaven, a neo-tribal
ecovillage Near Asheville. I'm one of the friends helping to generate a
website (and help with the Activist), so your offer to host a site (?)
is intriguing. We would love to receive further info. You can write to
Peter Bane at: <[email-masked]> or to me at:
<[email-masked]>. (Please note that my old address
<[email-masked]> will soon be canceled.) Note: Peter has a Mac and I
have an IBM clone so we are now able to receive and read materials in
several formats.

While I'm at it I'd like to invite folks to submit articles, photos,
letters, etc. for the next few issues. The Winter issue is focusing on
Economic transformation, Right livlihood and Pc Incomes and the deadline
is about two weeks away from today (Dec 29, 97). The Spring issue due to
be printed in May will focus on Pattern and Design, and the next will
look at Forestry. We like to receive submissions on floppies or as text
in Email for ease of editing. We will soon have a scanner if we can pull
together the funds (or when someone donates one) Please note that we
both work with Culture's Edge, a non-profit org, so your donation would
be tax deductible. Thanks.
Keith 	
[email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 00:24:50 -0500 (EST)

Lee:

Lawrence

---

From: Keith Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:07:01 -0800