Subject: Stormwater

From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:45:24 -0800

Hi all

HELP PLEASE WITH ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO STORMWATER DESIGN.

I am the treasurer of our local Landcare group (as well as a permaculture
teacher).  I am the project leader for a stormwater project about to start
next year.

An eroding gully at an outfall brought the issue up and I encouraged our
group to tackle the issue as broadly as possible.  We plan to use senior
school children as part of our management team, and already have the
support of our local council and the local dairy factory.

The first proper meeting of those involved will be in January, where we
will outline a course of action for research, design, and implementation of
ideas.  We imagine the research phase (and possibly design) will take a
year.  So this is a request for information about successful/unsuccessful
stormwater projects (small rural town in 1600mm rainfall area), or any
general stormwater research/books/websites, etc.

Thanks

Rene van Raders
PO Box 389
Malanda  4885
Far North Queensland
Australia