Subject: Paul Stamets Seminar In Santa Fe

From: Vint Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:12:25 -0600

Mushroom Cultivation
Seminar in Santa Fe, NM
Taught by Paul Stamets
May 29,30, & 31, 1998

Collective Heritage Institute (the producers of the annual Bioneers
Conference) and Apache Creek Ranch Permaculture are jointly sponsoring a
hands-on weekend workshop on the art and science of mushroom cultivation
to be taught by internationally well-known mycology expert Paul Stamets,
author of  Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms and The Mushroom
Cultivator.

The seminar will cover the mushroom lifecycle, mushroom culture,
preparation of growing media, sterile tissue culture, spawn generation
techniques, construction of a laboratory and growing room, companion
planting, cultivation problems, inoculation techniques and fruiting
strategies for maximized yields. Participants in the seminar will have
hands on practice in the inoculation of various media and will receive
up to seven mushroom strains for their personal home use and
cultivation.

The seminar is to be conducted Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday, May
29, 30, and 31, 1998. The introductory evening lecture will focus upon
medicinal and psychoactive mushrooms and will be held at the College of
Santa Fe on Friday evening. The lecture is open to the public for a $10
donation to Collective Heritage Institute. The seminar will be conducted
at Apache Creek Ranch (12 miles east of Santa Fe) from 9:30- 6:00 each
day (Saturday and Sunday) and is limited to 30 pre-registered
participants. (No drop-ins, please).
Fee for the course is $295.00.
Since space is limited to 30 participants, early registration is
strongly recommended. A $50 deposit will reserve a space for you in the
seminar, full tuition fee to be paid by May 15th.
 For further information or  to register please call Collective Heritage
Institute at (505)986-0366  or Apache Creek Ranch at (505)982-1964 or
contact us by e-mail at vlawrence @ nets.com.
Recommended reading - Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms  by Paul
Stamets will be available to course registrants at a 25% discount.
Please make checks payable to Collective Heritage Institute.
Registrations can be sent to
Apache Creek Ranch
RR19 Box 121W
Santa Fe, NM 87505