Subject: Established CSA Farm for Sale! (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:41:41 -0400 (EDT)

--------------------------------------------------------------
 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - InterGarden - Venaura Farm
 mailto:[email-masked] - mailto:[email-masked]
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html
--------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:27:24 -0400
From: Dori Green <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Established CSA Farm for Sale!

Turnkey 20-acre farm five miles from New York State's #3 tourist
destination.
12-room 3-bedroom house, garage, two-story horse barn, orchards, perennial
herb gardens, and pasture on five acres, $80,000.  Sorry, no land contract
on this parcel.  Includes many pieces of farming equipment, a
commercial-size freezer, woodstove (also has central heat), all major
appliances, even an Aracauna chicken flock and a good start toward your
dairy goat herd if you want them and can convince me you'd take excellent
care of them!

Adjoining 15 acres includes 5 acres of wild strawberries, 3 acres of wild
rasp- and blackberries, a bog full of cattails and Joe-Pye Weed, and a
2-acre market garden limed and seeded to winter rye for next year's harvest
-- $10,000, will consider a five-year land contract with 50% down.

Country auction house and 3D archery range next door, about 200 people
visit there every Saturday night and many buy vegetables.  New farmer's
market in town.

Reason for sale:  I've accepted a CSA facilitator position in Puget Sound
and will be relocating before Christmas.  My marriage dissolved at this
farm, it holds as many bad memories as good ones and I'm ready for new
beginnings.  It's too much for one person, but a team could do very well
here.  I'll be glad to include a list of past CSA members and other market
contacts.

Dori Green:  Writer, Farmer, Facilitator
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
http://www.servtech.com/public/funfarm/index.html