Subject: Help to get to list, please (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:43:02 -0500 (EST)

Please send any replies to Martha.
Thanks,
LL
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london   InterGarden   
[email-masked]   [email-masked]
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:07:26 +1000 (EST)
From: Martha Hills <[email-masked]>
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Help to get to list, please

Although I'm subscribed, I can't send anything to the list because my
"from" return address is different from my "reply to" return address (the 
IT person at work can't fix it and the postmaster at listserv hasn't
answered my email about it), so I was hoping that you could forward my
message for me.

Greetings,

I live in suburban Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) and every year I
have at least one experiment in my garden.  This summer I've been growing
a few sugar beets; cane sugar is produced unsustainably and this way I
could avoid buying a couple of bags.  These beets growing away under the
avocado tree.  Unfortunately I don't know what to do with them to get them
into a humanly-edible form.  Do I boil them?  Do I put them through the
juicer and hope the juicer doesn't burn out?  Do I grate them?

Any suggestions gratefully considered.

Onward, Martha

---

From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:27:25 +1000

Larry can I add another, similar, request from here too
what do I do to easily get sugar out of my sugar cane - yes we do eat it
in the stalk form but I'd like an easy way to extract sugar for cooking
purposes.
April