Subject: Havana, Cuba: Permaculture Job Advertisement (HAVAD02.TXT)

From: [email-masked] (Adam Tiller)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 06:40:35 +1000 (EST)

The following is the full version of a very brief advertisement for
"Permaculture Development Officer, Havana, Cuba" in the most recent
Permaculture International Journal.  The ad was titled "Join the Green Team".

Note also, the "Permaculture in Cuba" Web page has been greatly enhanced in
the last few days  ...Adam
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Job Advertisement

Permaculture Development Officer
Urban Permaculture Program, Havana, Cuba 

Starting mid-late 1997.  One year preferred.
Travel to Cuba and living expenses provided.

We require a community development worker to work with our 
partner organisation in Cuba, the Fundación de la Naturaleza 
y el Hombre, on a local salary (approx. AUD $50-$200 per month).  
This program was established in Cuba in 1993, and is known as 
the 'Green Team'.

Essential Requirements:
Practical permaculture experience.
Community development experience.
Spoken Spanish (or demonstrated ability to learn).
Good administrative and written skills.

Desirable:
Experience working in developing country or indigenous community.
Project management experience.
Teaching experience.
An understanding of international development and aid issues, 
esp. participatory development and gender issues.

This position is open only to Australian citizens or residents.  
Inquire to PGAN for other positions available with other projects 
and in other countries.

This project is funded by AusAID and donations (tax deductible) 
from the public.

Closing date: 1st May 97 (early applications advantageous, 
late applications accepted).

For information and Position Description, please contact 
Adam Tiller or view our Web page:
Adam Tiller, Permaculture and Development Officer
Permaculture Global Assistance Network (PGAN)
Australian Conservation Foundation, 340 Gore St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
tel: +61 3 9416 1166, fax: +61 3 9416 0767
email: [email-masked]   WWW: http://www.peg.apc.org/~adamt/cuba

Save Date: 29/1/97 1:11 PM	Date Printed: 29 January, 1997	Word count: 204

Filename: c:\user\adamt\cuba\voluntee.r\orientat.ion\HAVAD01.DOC