Subject: [permaculture] Hello

From: [email-masked] (jeff owens)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 08:50:36 -0700

Hello, I just signed on to this list and hoped to see a discussion
of Permaculture.. So far not one post.  So... I'll introduce myself.

About 30 years ago we started working on becoming homesteaders and
self-reliant.  Over the years an ecological foucs emerged and our
lifestyle did not fit homesteader very well.  Then, about two years
ago we began trying to follow Permaculture principles and this has
worked out fairly well.  Unfortunatly, there does not seem to be many
others on this path.  Most people on the net seem interested in
teaching or are part of intentional communities.  I had hoped to find
people talking about how they work with their site.  Specifically,
ponds, forest gardens, guilds, cover crops, ducks, and mental
attitudes are of interest.  We have experience with alternative
energy, underground housing, sheep, orchards, and grow much of our
food.

 ----------
Jeff Owens ([email-masked])  Zone 6-7  Permaculture
 Underground house, solar energy, reduced consumption, no TV