Subject: Environmental Damage Valuation & Cost Benefit News (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 14:53:44 WST

EEEEEE  DDDDD   V     V        &           CCCCC  BBBBB   N    N
E       D    D  V     V        &          C       B    B  NN   N
EEEE    D    D   V   V      &&&&&&&       C       BBBBBB  N N  N
E       D    D    V V          &          C       B    B  N  N N
EEEEEE  DDDDDD     V           &           CCCCC  BBBBB   N   NN

By now you should have received at least three free issues of
ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE VALUATION AND COST BENEFIT NEWS.  We hope
that you enjoyed them and found the material useful.  If you have
not obtained the newsletters please contact us via the means
listed below.

Since April, 1995 we have produced the newsletter monthly.  We
are continuing to expand the scope of our coverage and will offer
several exciting features in the future, including special issues
on the valuation of groundwater contamination and legislative
developments, as well as feature stories on internet sites of
interest and international measurement efforts.

Recent court decisions, proposed legislation, and regulatory
orders indicate that measures of costs, benefits, and risks will
be required in the future to justify public and private actions. 
ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE VALUATION AND COST BENEFIT NEWS is an
indispensable source of information for estimating these
parameters.

You need ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE VALUATION AND COST BENEFIT NEWS
because regulations are being changed every day, courts
continually set precedents, and new data or estimation techniques
lead to a host of revisions in accepted wisdom.  Because there is
no consensus regarding environmental damage valuation, estimates
can vary widely. 

What is the value of lungs damaged by pollution? of the spotted
owl's existence? of wetlands? of a building polluted by PCB's?,
of a life lost to cancer? of water rendered unavailable for
drinking or recreational use?, of a new job? and of peace and
quiet?  ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE VALUATION AND COST BENEFIT NEWS will
help you to answer these questions, to evaluate risks, to resolve
disputes, to pursue optimal regulations, and to estimate the
expected outcomes of trials.

EDV&CBN does this by bringing you the latest information on
valuation of damages from the courts, from government agencies,
from the academic literature, and from unpublished studies.  Our
skilled staff of researchers will scour daily newspapers,
academic journals, legal publications, court decisions,
professional newsletters, commissioned studies, and on-line
services to provide you with the latest information in this
rapidly changing field.  We will cover valuation estimates from a
wider range of journals than most busy professionals can track by
themselves. 

Take advantage of this risk free trial now before you face
unpleasant environmental surprises.  We are planning to raise
prices to levels more similar to comparable newsletters
shortly--so act now.  If you subscribe now, you will receive
all back issues from April free of charge.

Because you have contacted us via the internet, we are able to
offer you significant savings.  Delivery costs are lower so we
can furnish the newsletter at a special introductory price of
$44.95 US per year ($25 for students with valid student ID), 1/4
the "cover price" of $15 per issue).  Or, you can receive
delivery via first class mail for $74.95.  You can sample the
next two issues at no risk as we offer a full money back
guarantee.

To subscribe please send a check payable to

Damage Valuation

or subscribe by Mastercard/VISA/AMEX

22 East Olive Street                    250 West 57th Street
2nd floor                               Suite 1527
Long Beach, New York USA 11561- 3507    New York, New York  10107
phone: (516) 897-9728                   (212) 969-0797
fax:   (516) 897-9185                   (212) 582-0593

Name___________________________________________________________
Organization___________________________________________________
Street Address_________________________________________________
City, State, Country, Zip______________________________________
E-mail address_________________________________________________
Phone__________________________________________________________
Mastercard/Visa__________________________Expiration Date___/9__
Binary____________  Ascii ____________  Snail Mail ____________

Sincerely,

Kenneth Acks,
Publisher

We also encourage you to provide information about you damage
valuation and cost benefit activities, including research in
progress whether you subscribe or not.

And, feel free to visit our website currently located at 

                http://people.delphi.com/kenacks

which features the April, 1996 newsletter as well as many
valuable links.  Or use our autoresponder at [email-masked] which
will automatically send you the April, 1997 issue.
Kenneth Acks, Editor and Publisher

ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE VALUATION & COST BENEFIT NEWS (EDV&CBN)

22 East Olive Street             250 West 57th Street
Second Floor                               Suite 1527
Long Beach, New York  11561  New York, New York 10107
voice: (516) 897-9728            voice (212) 969-0797
fax:   (516) 897-9185             fax: (212) 582-0593

    [email-masked] or [email-masked]
           http://people.delphi.com/kenacks