Subject: Job Oppor: Prof of Farm Management (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:48:22 WST

Reply-To: [email-masked]
From: Mary Jane Mahony <[email-masked]>

**Please forward to anyone whom you think may be interested 
AND Please forgive multiple postings**

Professor of  Farm Management
----------------------------------------
The University of Sydney, Orange Agricultural College
Reference No. A18/01

Applications are invited from suitably qualified people for the position of
Professor of Farm Management within Orange Agricultural College (OAC) at
the University of Sydney.  This position is the first of three planned
Chairs, and will be the first Chair at OAC.  Recruitment for the remaining
chairs, provisionally identified in Agribusiness Systems and Land Resource
Management, will commence in 1999.  

OAC currently has 46 academic staff and about 1300 students (the majority
of whom study by distance education) enrolled in a range of programs from
Advanced Diploma to PhD. Research focal areas include farm management,
rural resources management, agribusiness and rural management education.
OAC is located in the agriculturally rich region of the New South Wales
Central West in the city of Orange.  

Applications from suitably qualified people who meet the following criteria
are sought:

Essential

* Leading international authority in one or more fields of knowledge and/or
professional activity relevant to farm management.
* An outstanding ability to articulate the nature of farm management and a
vision for its future.
* Demonstrated ability to form effective research and development teams.
* Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in fostering excellence in
research and scholarship, in promoting research activity, and in
encouraging and developing research training at both organisational and
team levels.
* Internationally recognised research performance (including publications
and success in attracting research funding).
* Demonstrated commitment to high quality teaching and learning in farm
management and/or related fields.
* Successful postgraduate supervision.
* Ability to develop productive relationships with relevant cognate groups,
departments and organisations and to enhance research and development links
between OAC, other parts of the University of Sydney, and related
organisations in Australia and overseas.
* PhD or equivalent

This position is available for a fixed term period of five years.

The salary associated with the position is currently $A89,355 pa (this will
increase to $A92,036 pa on 1/10/98).  Membership of a University approved
superannuation scheme is a condition of employment for new appointees.

Four copies of the application quoting reference number A18/01 including a
curriculum vitae, list of publications and the names, addresses and fax
numbers of three referees should be lodged by 20 August 1998 with Personnel
Services, College of Sciences and Technology, Carslaw Building F07,
University of  Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia, from whom copies of an
information brochure should be obtained.  This information is also
available at http://www.oac.usyd.edu.au/staff/proffarm.htm

Enquiries concerning  academic aspects of the position should be directed
to Professor John Chudleigh, Orange Agricultural College Principal,
telephone +61 2 6360 5555, facsimile +61 2 6360 5885, email:
[email-masked].

The University reserves the right not to appoint or to appoint by
invitation and not to proceed with any appointment for financial or other
reasons.  Equal employment opportunity and no smoking in the workplace are
University policies.

Mary Jane Mahony PhD (Head, Research & Postgraduate  Studies)
Orange Agricultural College                        tel      (02) 6360 5526
The University of Sydney                          fax     (02) 6360 5590
PO Box 883 Orange, NSW 2800 Australia      intern'l  61 2 6360 5526
[email-masked]