Subject: Fw: AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE HAVING A BAD DAY------ (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:37:04 WST

AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE HAVING A BAD DAY------
 
 A fierce gust of wind blew 45-year-old Vittorio Luise's car into a river
 near Naples, Italy in 1983. He managed to break out a window, climb out,
and swim to shore-where a tree blew over and killed him.

 Mike Stewart, 31, of Dallas was filming a public service movie in 1983 on
the Dangers of Low-Level Bridges when the truck he was standing on passed
under a low-level bridge-killing him.

 Walter Hallas, a 26-year-old store clerk in Leeds, England was so afraid
of dentists that in 1979 he asked a fellow worker to try to cure his 
toothache by punching him in the jaw. The punch caused Hallas to fall down,
 hitting his head, and he died of a fractured skull.

 George Schwartz, owner of a factory in Providence, R.I. narrowly
escaped death when a 1983 blast flattened his factory except for one wall. 
After treatment for minor injuries, he returned to the scene to search for
his files. The remaining wall then collapsed on him, killing him instantly.

 Depressed since he couldn't find a job, 42-year-old Romolo Ribolla sat
 in his kitchen near Pisa, Italy with a gun in his hand, threatening
to kill himself in 1981. His wife pleaded for him not to do it, and after
about an hour, he burst into tears and threw the gun to the floor. It went
off and killed his wife.

 In 1983, a Mrs. Carson of Lake Kushaqua, N.Y. was laid out in her coffin,
 presumed dead of heart disease. As mourners watched, she suddenly sat up.
 Her daughter dropped dead of fright.

 A man hit by a car in New York City in 1977 got up uninjured, but laid
back down in front of the car when a bystander told him to pretend he was
 hurt so he could collect insurance money. The car then rolled forward and
 crushed him to death.

 Surprised while burgling a house in Antwerp, Belgium, a thief fled out
 the back door, clambered over a nine-foot wall, dropped down, and found
 himself in the city prison.

 Two German motorists had an all-too-literal head-on collision in heavy
 fog near the small town of Guetersloh. Each was guiding his car at a
 snail's pace from opposite directions but both near the middle of the
 road.  At the moment of impact, their heads were both out of the windows
 where they smacked together. Both men were hospitalized with severe head
 injuries.  Their cars weren't scratched.

In a case of one thing leading to another, seven men, aged 18-27 years,
received jail sentences of 3-4 years each in Kingston-On-Thames,England
in 1979, after a fight that started when one of the men threw a french
fry at another while they stood waiting for a train.

 Hitting on the novel idea that he could end his wife's incessant nagging
by giving her a good scare, Hungarian Jake Fen built an elaborate harness
to make it look as if he had hanged himself. When his wife came home and
saw him, she fainted. Hearing a disturbance, a neighbor came over and,
finding what she thought were two corpses, seized the opportunity to loot
the place.
As she was leaving the room, her arms laden, the outraged and suspended
Mr. Fen kicked her stoutly in the backside. This so surprised the lady
that she dropped dead of a heart attack.
Happily, Mr. Fen was acquitted of manslaughter, and he and his wife were
reconciled.