Subject: Albuquerque water resources (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:25:27 WST

Reply-To: Conference "chrm.general" <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked]

 From Environnews.

RIVERS ARE FOR WATER - The Albuquerque Journal recently reported two legal
opinions by the state's top natural-resources and water attorneys who
consider leaving water in rivers for the benefit of wildlife and ecosystems
a valid use. Conservationists say these opinions on instream flows could
help save endangered species. "It's about time," said Sue George of
Defenders of Wildlife in Albuquerque. "New Mexico has been the only state
in the West that does not give any legal protection to instream flow in
rivers." New Mexico irrigators are likely to challenge the legal opinions. 

--
The EnviroNews Service              | E-Mail: [email-masked]
A Project of the EnviroLink Network | Phone : (412) 683-6400
General Info: [email-masked]   | Fax   : (412) 683-8460

To unsubscribe, send an e-mail message from the account you are subscribed
to: [email-masked] with the following as the ONLY line of the
message: unsubscribe environews

EnviroLink is a member supported non-profit organization.  For membership
information, visit: http://www.envirolink.org/membership or call
412-683-6400.

IF YOU WISH TO REPRINT ANYTHING WITHIN THESE ARTICLES, please send e-mail
to: [email-masked] to request permission.  All information contained
within is Copyright (c) 1998 Environment News Service (ENS) unless noted
otherwise.