Subject: s (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 06:13:06 WST

T)
Reply-To: Conference "chrm.general" <[email-masked]>
From: Rio de la Vista <[email-masked]>
To all folks interested in Holistic Management in Southern
Africa...

As the US representative for Holistic ManagementSouth Africa, I'm
happy to let you all know that we finally have the tapes of the
South Africa 1997 Annual Gathering available in VHS format.   Held
last June and organized by Dick and Judy Richardson of Whole
Concepts,  the meeting attracted over 90 participants from several
African countries.   The talks provide the insights and learnings
of various practitioners and Certified Educator Dick Richardson,
particularly in regards to practicing Holistic Management in farm
settings and brittle environments.   This is a chance to get to
know our African counterparts, to learn about their substantial
innovations and concerns,  and expand the sense that Holistic
Management is truly a global movement.

Speakers on the tapes are:  Tape 1:  Johan Zeitsman of Zimbabwe,
whom you have seen featured in the Center for Holistic Management
Quarterly regarding his ultra-high density grazing endeavors.
Johan is a wealth of knowledge and is "pushing the paradigm" on
what is possible in terms of creating animal impact and
phenonmenal results on the land.  Malcom Williamson of Namibia who
through a terrible drought managed to take stock through with very
fast moves onto fresh ground using temporary fencing  in an
extremely arid region.  Panel Discussion-  a wide ranging
conversation on issues of livestock,  managing holistically and
more.

Tape 2:  Dick Richardson presents the very innovative procedure he
has developed for analyzing rainfall extremes and patterns.  This
is an invaluable process for managers in drought prone regions in
order to effectively determine stocking rates and livestock types
using historic rainfall figures.   Whether you live in such a
region or not,   Dick's thinking can inspire us all to consider
ways to deal with challenging extremes through careful thought and
developing methods for analyzing data that can help us be better
holistic managers.

Dick Richardson also presents an engaging and comprehensive
approach to Time Management.  He brings together many good
concepts and a simple, straightforward  practice that can help us
get more out of every day through planning and prioritizing our
use of the most precious thing we have, our time.

The cost of the tapes is $25 each.,  including shipping in the US
and Canada.   To order,  please send your name, mailing address
and check payable to Rio de la Vista to Box 1379, Pagosa Springs,
Colorado 81147.  Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your order to be
filled.    Note:  Holistic Management South Africa's quarterly
newsletter,  The Holistic Reporter produced by Whole Concepts,  is
also available at the same address for an annual subscription of
$35.

Thanks for your interest and support.   Any comments or questions
about the gathering from viewers are most welcome and anyone
planning a visit to Southern Africa can connect with Holistic
Management practitioners in the region through  Dick and Judy
Richardson at Whole Concepts, PO Box 10440, Vorna Valley, 1686,
South Africa,  Tel:(011)3153027 (H)or (011)8053925 (W) Fax
(011)8053962,  e-mail [email-masked]