Subject: prejudiced? (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:04:12 WST

"BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE"

Dihydrogen monoxide, a chemical very prevalent in our environment, and an
additive in
many foostuffs.

  1.it is a major component in acid rain
  2.it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
  3.accidental inhalation can be fatal.
  4.it contributes to erosion,
  5.it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
  6.it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
  7. In the presence of oxygen and pathogens in ambient conditions,
foodstuffs rapidly decay
leading to outbreaks of food poisoning and deaths.
  8.Prolonged exposure of flesh to the solid state of dihydrogen monoxide
can lead to the loss of
exposed limbs. Further exposure to the solid substance leads to death.
----------------------------------

[BTW, 43 out of 50 people in one survey agreed to sign a petition banning
Dihydrogen Monoxide!].

---

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:37:56 WST

>> >Ha Ha Ha,
>> >What a beaut!
>> >and What is DI Hydrogen Monoxide???????
>> >
>> >H2O.
>> >
>> >And 43  out of 50 people ,and I assume including yourselves, have been
>> duped
>> >into believing that water should be banned.
>> >
>> >Please send me the petition, to laugh some more.
>> >best regards in your endeavours
>> >

Did anyone else get caught here with a limited knowledge of chemistry.
It originally caught my daughter doing first year enviromental Science
at Uni, so I didn't feel too bad.

I just thought of all the people like me who might like to understand.
how Carbon Monoxide is bad how Di Hydrogen Monoxide is good. Or how can you
express Oxygen as Monoxide. What is an oxide.( nothing to do with paint?)
What process does something go through when it oxidises'. (rust)
What is Hydrogen Monoxide.
Carbon monoxide and carbon Dioxide are 2 very bad sustances. In exhaust 
gases how are they expressed? Are they 100% of what comes out of an exhaust
pipe.   

 From Duped.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line

---

From: chris corsbie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:44:15 -0400

ha. ha. H2O! 

from a lurker,

chris Corsbie

any info on permaculture connections in Austin, Texas or Texas in
general.

Thanks for being here...

chris

---

From: William Bryan Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 10:16:45 -0700

> >> >What a beaut!
please sstop and crack the books people.  I'm sorry, but high school
chem was9th grade.Hydrogen watchout Dioxide was a joke then(1975).
Or maybe y'all like to play dumb . Either way...
]New subject  Vermiculture/Agriculture lets tie the 2 2gether.
I believe that under controlled conditions one can realize a 300 fold
increase in numbers in 90 days (Eisenia foetida..red wiggler/manure
worm/brandling worm. So if your breeder operation was nothing more than
a hot house say 15 meters by three, at the end of three months time you
could take babies out and distribute to 
            300 new hot houses
and so on..
Ive seen the harvesters it is possible to separate castings from egg
capsules from babies from breeders. General rule in animal husbandry,
keep separate
if you dont you dont see the exponential increase
in other words  if you just divide bedding material via shovel
your then depriving babies of food due to competion w mature worms.

Instead run bedding thru harvesters to separate capsules.capsules go
into new bedding.
 You don't run baby chicks under foot of chickes an roosters?
Dont do the same w/ worms and youu'ww see exponential increase in demand
for feed.
What to feed?
green waste
only 3+billion tons yearly in the united States of America.
yes I believe sewage sludge is included in that number
All it would take is
economies of scale to increase efficiency to eventually wipeout
Big Oil's hold on the fertilizer industry.

300 fold increase in numbers in 90 days

picture a mobile shredder in suburbia.. puls up to the curb and proceeds
to shred the homeowners green waste on the spot.  The homeowner is
compensated by a reduction in his bill. The waste hauler is compensated
by lowered tipping fee at the local dump.  The municipality is
compensated by stretching  out the life of the land fill.
What does the homeowner do w/ the shredded green waste. 
Feeds his compost pile/worms/garden
goodbye Ammonium Sulfate
Hello worm castings
william evans

---

From: sal schettino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:48:50 -0700

I think those worms could go a long way in eating the extra animal manure
and maybe even keep it out of our water suply also and you can feed the
worms to the checkens,  How do you make the harvesters?

>Feeds his compost pile/worms/garden
[email-masked]
check out an organic growers homepage at:
<http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html>http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html

---

From: William Bryan Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:17:51 -0700

w/ hardware cloth.u pick the mesh size/angle of incline/diameter of
cylinder/length of cylinder/power source to turn/#,size of sorting trays
to be placed below and at end of harvester. They are comercially
available also, but ,I should think the a bunch of self-reliant folks
such as ourselves could make our own.
william evans

---

From: sal schettino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:32:41 -0700

what size hardware cloth ?  and I just cannot picture it could you brake it
down a little more and give an example.

[email-masked]

---

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:03:56 WST

>Or maybe y'all like to play dumb . Either way...

Will, my chem education was in 1954, and was very basic. Non of the kids 
I went to School with went on to High school. The last 2 years of my 
schooling were spent one week in school, and one week working on the Farm
School. We still had Clydesdale horses for use in the orchard and for 
instructional purposes. We learnt blacksmithing, woodwork, and leatherwork
(saddlery), Animal husbandry, on pigs, sheep, cattle, poultry and horses.
At sixty I wonder how many other people interested in Permaculture never did
chemistry.

>could take babies out and distribute to 300 new hot houses.

There is a multilevel Marketing approach to worms floating around Perth at
the moment. Worms at $15 per thousand.
Also worms will handle much more than just manure. Shredded cardboard paper 
etc.
We have a video in our PAWA library on how to create a large scale worm
operation for farms. 

Regards,
          Vic

---

From: William Bryan Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:27:57 -0700

Wish I had that kind of education growing up.  It could come in handy.
I';m sorry but my backround in high school and junior college was
natural sciences. I was brainwashed.
Yeah i know about MLM worms.  There are a few good people out there
though. I wouldn't pay more than that for worms. RTEally the best way to
market them is in capsule form.less weight., but the babies do grow into
big green waste gobblers. If only gov't would wake up to the potential.
It will happen eventually.
william evans