Subject: Saltbushes (Atriplex sp.)

From: Mitchell Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:04:38 -0700

Hi there again,

Sorry Helen I don't know about the negative impacts the use of roundup has, though I think if you do search comprehensively you will unturn some info about it.  

Rather I would like to ask everyone if they know or know of any research about using saltbushes as companion plants for growing plants in salt affected lands? Any studies on saltbushes or such would be useful information for me.  I've been wondering about these amazing little plants for a while and have decided to do a research project about them.  Thanks in advance....and just want to let everyone know here that whatever they may be doing, keep up the good work :) 

Mitch.

Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere!
http://www.mailexcite.com

---

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:34:37 WST

>From: Mitchell Jones <[email-masked]>
>To: Permaculture WA <[email-masked]>

>Hi there again,
>
>Sorry Helen I don't know about the negative impacts the use of roundup
 has, though I think if you do search comprehensively you will unturn 
some info about it.  
>
>Rather I would like to ask everyone if they know or know of any 
research about using saltbushes as companion plants for growing plants 
in salt affected lands? Any studies on saltbushes or such would be 
useful information for me.  I've been wondering about these amazing 
little plants for a while and have decided to do a research project 
about them.  Thanks in advance....and just want to let everyone know 
here that whatever they may be doing, keep up the good work :) 

Hi Mitch, 
         The CSIRO in Australia has lots of information about saltbush 
and regeneration, and they may have information about mixing it with
other plants in reclamation.
Saltbush here can grow to 3 metres, and I have no idea how many varietes'
are available.

>Mitch.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line