Subject: Edible botanic garden

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 12:27:11 WST

From: [email-masked] (Helen Coleman)
Subject: old message

All contributions gratefully received. If you have any information for 
Helen which is of general interest please reply to PERMA.

ALSO please feel free to contact [email-masked] direct.

Warwick and Gillian Rowell at Dunsborough would be good allies for your 
Sustainable Village.
I don't know if Bill Mollinson has a e-mail address for  the seed company
 he speaks about in his address to the Conference last year.

There was some good info at the last PAWA meeting about community finance.

NOTE----
        PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO USE THIS LIST FOR ANY QUERIES, INTERESTS, ETC.
YOU HAVE ABOUT PERMACULTURE.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Victor,

I am hoping that you can help me.  I remember a while ago there was a
message on the WA Permaculture newsgroup about someone down south (I think
it was Donnybrook) who wanted help in saving old varieties of fruit trees.

I am a member of the committee for the Mandurah Sustainable Village, and we
are exploring the possibility of creating an edible botanic garden in
Mandurah, specialising in the curation of old plant varieties.  I would like
to get in contact with this person to discuss the current situation of the
fruit trees.

I would be most grateful if you could send a copy of that message again.
And I would be very interested in your thoughts on the idea of an edible
botanic garden, and any further contacts you could suggest for us.

Kindest regards and thanks,
Helen Coleman

---

From: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:04:04 +0800

Penny Coulson of Busselton is the leading person on "seed saving" in
general in WA.
There is also a long standing organisation called "The fruit and nut tree
association"  or something similar.   
Henry Esbenshade might also have some useful contacts or references.
All can be found in the phone book.

----------
> From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
> To: Permaculture WA <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Edible botanic garden
> Date: Sunday, 7 June 1998 20:27
>

---

From: Edward Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:53:01 -0700

Helen, (& cc Paul)
I think you may find help from David Noel at WANATCA; the Western
Australian Tree and Nut Crops Association. The physical location is at
the Claremont Showgrounds in Perth - the last number I have is Phone:
08-9388 1965, or Fax 08-9388 1852.
They can be found on the web, along with a number of other resources at: 
http://www.aoi.com.au/
All the Best
Edward Brown

> > message on the WA Permaculture newsgroup about someone down south (I
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               
  Edward Brown     Design by Nature    Perth - Western Australia
  [email-masked]            http://www.iinet.net.au/~edward
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: georg parlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 18:55:15 +0200

>Warwick and Gillian Rowell at Dunsborough would be good allies for your

their mail adress is (or used to be?) [email-masked]

georg
*
mailto:[email-masked]
http://homes.2012.org/georg/
*

follow your heart!
(it's the only way to heaven on earth...)

** *  *  *    *     *       *           *                *

---

From: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:50:35 +0800

Stunning !

----------
> From: Edward Brown <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Edible botanic garden
> Date: Tuesday, 9 June 1998 13:53
> 
> Helen, (& cc Paul)