Subject: Re: Republic (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 11:50:23 WST

I believe this document is available at the following web site. I include
this on the basis of attacks on our community control of health (SOMA) and
soveriengty.
Vic.

http://www.gil.com.au/va/scss
--------------------------------snip---------------------------------
the only things I consider suitable for a Permaculture list are how to
successfully build and operate small to medium scale local sustainable
systems of life support.   full stop.

To: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, 8 February 1999 0:18
Subject: Republic

>Paul will you peruse this and see if you think it is suitable to
>send to the permaculture list.
>
>From: Victor Bridger <[email-masked]>
>X-Attachments: E:\Internet News\ISCN Jan99.htm;
>
>--=====================_918317929==_
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>Due to considerable over the use of the word Democracy we have offered an
>attachment for readers to peruse.
><p><font size="2">This year, there will be an increase in the
>pressure for Australia to become a Republic. Whether or not the
>name is changed is of little relevance. What does it matter if
>Australia is called the Republic of Australia rather than the
>Commonwealth of Australia? It matters not. Providing that the
>Australian people are protected, not only with the balances and
>checks that exist now, plus additional safeguards within the
>current Constitutional Monarchy, a name change is purely
>cosmetic. What does matter however are changes to the
>Constitution, proposed on the basis of spurious, nebulous and
>often misleading statements.</font></p>

I believe this document is available at the following web site. I include
this on the basis of attacks on our community control of health and
soveriengty.
Vic.

http://www.gil.com.au/va/scss

---

From: Jenny Shipley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 00:11:20 +0800

Please, please, please take me off your mailing list.  Thanks