Subject: Re: organic farm case studies

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:57:47 WST

>From: Victoria Mundy <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Dear Saneters and Saeders,
>
>I am looking for case studies of certified organic farms or farms in
>transition, for a new class being taught at the University of Kentucky.
>I'm interested in both large-scale work (Fred Kirschenmann size) and
>small-scale (local vegetables) or anything in between.  I'm looking for
>articles, videos, full-scale write-ups in journals or books.  The more
>detailed the better.  The class will be taught by using the case studies --
>we'll read or watch a case study and then go off and try to figure out why
>the production system works the way it does.  
>
>Any help you all can give me in finding cases would be much appreciated.
>Also, if anyone's interested in taking a look at the course prospectus and
>batting ideas around, that would be terrific.  *Also* if anyone has taught
>a course on organic production methods and principles, I would surely like
>to talk to you.
>
>Please reply to this address and I will post a summary to the list in a few
>days.
>
>Thank you all very much!
>
>Sincerely,
>Victoria Mundy
>University of Kentucky Dept. of Agronomy
>Lexington, KY 40546-0091

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line