Subject: cfs proceedings (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:48:44 WST

From: [email-masked] (Nancy Grudens Schuck)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Community Food Systems proceedings

Gail Feenstra asked me to post the notice about the community food systems
proceedings. She shares: "The keynotes in particular are really wonderful
(Joan Gussow, Fred Kirschenmann and Daniel Kemmis)."

{I will add that I like and use Daniel Kemmis' little book: =Community and
the Politic of Place=. }
>
>Community Food Systems: Sustaining Farms and People in the Emerging Economy
>(conference proceedings)

>Publication SA-005, 1997

>The Community Food Systems Conference at the University of California, Davis
>in October 1996 was an opportunity to bring together leaders from many
>innovative community food system projects around the state, including
>SAREP-funded projects.  The conference provided the occasion to articulate
>the role community food systems have in the midst of the global economy.
>The proceedings include speeches by national and local leaders who attested
>to the wide variety of collaborative efforts underway to build more locally
>based, self-reliant food economies; panel discussions and workshops about
>California projects; and keynote presentations which explored how these
>local projects relate to the broader challenge of building healthy
>communities, a more vital democracy, and a civil society.  120 pages.
>Editors: Gail Feenstra, UC SAREP; David Campbell, UC California Communities
>Program; and David Chaney, UC SAREP.  Price: $10.00. Limited quantities.
>
>
>Please make checks payable to UC Regents and send to: UC SAREP, University
>of California, One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616.

>Gail Feenstra
>Food Systems Analyst
>UC Sustainable Agriculture Research & Ed. Program
>University of California
>Davis, CA 95616
>(916) 752-8408
>

***************************
Nancy Grudens Schuck
Doctoral Candidate

Department of Education
119 Kennedy Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853
U.S.A.

E-mail: [email-masked]
FAX: (607) 255-7905

***************************