Subject: Re: Thanks for the Chomsky stuff\Paraguay

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1988 08:41:56 WST

Friends anyone who can answer this call for information and support.

>From: "Catalina Teresa Pinya Socias" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>    Hi Victor,
>    I just received the interesting interview with Noam Chomsky. Thanks for
>sending it. I'll make it move around. I have heard before of this Big
>Corporation trade agreement. It's scary what are they doing to the Earth and
>to the people. But, we are too many on the other side.
>    By the way! I wanted to ask you something, and may be you could help me
>out somehow. The last two years I've been working in a peasant community at
>the northeast of Paraguay. 15 years ago it all was closed jungle.
>Unfortunately, now jungle have almost disapeared. Peasant colonized the
>naked lands, and now (pressed by great landowners) are trying to survive
>making a subsistence agriculture. The main problem is the erosion of lands.
>The soil is getting poor, and the cicle of nature is not able to close
>anymore. It doesn't rain as it did before.
>    Our organization is concerned by that problem, especially the
>consequences of the managing of land by people who doesn't see an exit for
>their children.
>    May be you can send me some information about susteinable agriculture
>for tropical weather.
>    Thank you for your care,
>    Juan Ignacio Barcelo Piña
>    Organización NouSud- Ñane ñamba'apo oñondive
>
>

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line