Subject: Tools for Transition Conf PA, US (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:14:18 WST

__________________________snip_____________________________________
I am posting this to the perma list so that you might look at the URL.

Marty Campfield, Nutrient Solutions in Agriculture may be a very good 
place to start. http://www.cedarmeadowfarm.com
Vic
----------------------------end------------------------------------

Sender: [email-masked]

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:57:49 -0400
From: Steve Groff <[email-masked]>
Subject: "Tools for Transition" Field Day

One final reminder for our exciting field day happening next Wed. July
29th!
 I'm happy to report that PA Deputy Secretary of Agriculture, Christian
Herr, is planning to attend and have a few comments. 30 exhibitors have
registered to participate!

The  schedule is as follows:

10:00    Tim Bowser, Director of PASA, Welcome and opening remarks
10:10    Dr. Ray Weil, U of MD  "Soil Quality Research at Cedar Meadow
Farm"
             Warren Thompson, America's Alfalfa  "No-till Establishment
of Forages"
             Marty Campfield, Nutrient Solutions in Agriculture,
"Scouting From the Sky"
11:00     PA Deputy Sec. of Ag, Christian Herr
11:15     Dan Towery, Conservation Technology Information Center,
=ECNational Soil Conservation Trends=EE
11:30     Equipment Demos
12:30     Steve Groff, =ECNew Generation Cropping Systems=EE
1:00       Demos of no-till vegetable equipment
2:00       Repeat of equipment Demos and soil experiments.

We will be doing some fascinating experiments with soil. You need to see
it to believe it!
You can also bring a sample of your water to be analyzed and farmers can
bring in a soil sample to be evaluated for its soil quality properties.
 Bring the whole family. No registration or admission fee! Plenty of
food and children's activities. (Kids need to be prepared to get wet!)
For list of exhibitors and more details, visit our website:
http://www2.cedarmeadowfarm.com/cedarmeadow/

Directions:
>From the intersection of 272 and 372 (south of Lancaster), take 372
(Holtwood Road) west 4.5 miles to Hilldale Road. Turn right. Travel 1.5
miles to the Groff Farm - on the right.

- --
Attend our 5th annual Field day, July 29th. Check website for details!
"New Generation Cropping Systems": the cutting edge of sustainable
agriculture
http://www.cedarmeadowfarm.com
Steve Groff
Cedar Meadow Farm
679 Hilldale Rd
Holtwood PA 17532  USA
Ph. 717-284-5152

***************************
Nancy Grudens-Schuck

Department of Education
119 Kennedy Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853
U.S.A.

E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone office: (607) 255-0290
FAX office: (607) 255-7905

***************************