Subject: lurking

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:58:11 WST

Thank you Margo Beilby for your input.

  This is the (proposed) introductory message to be sent to new 
  subscribers to the [email-masked] mailing list. 

Your comments please? Use it or lose it. If you would like to be a regular
commentator on any of the topics below please contact me

  This is the (proposed) introductory message sent to new 
  subscribers to the [email-masked] mailing list.
 Vic Guest
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  _________________________________________________________
 
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Welcome to [email-masked], a mailing list (RUN BY SOME MEMBERS) of the
 Permaculture Association  of Western Australia (PAWA), (FORMED) for 
discussion and communication between  permaculturists.  
(and ANY other interested parties).
  
  We welcome your input and we invite you to join us in encouraging people 
all over the world to discover permaculture for themselves.  The following 
topic list gives some idea of the wide range we (MIGHT) cover ...
  
    Agricultural History      Alternative Economics    Bio-regionalism
    Community Aid             Community Building       Community Forestry
    Ecology                   Economic Regionalism     Energy
    Enviro Contamination      Enviro Education         Enviro Ethics
    Enviro Investment         Food Production          Green Business
    Healthy Cities            LETS                     Landscape Architecture
    Legislative Initiatives   Ongoing Projects         Organics
    Pattern Language          Population Growth        Project Finance
    Recycling                 Self-help                Sustainability
    Sustainable Agriculture   The Environment          Town Planning
    Urban Planning            Waste Management         Water Purification
    Holistic Management       Ecological Economics     Bio-dynamics
    Herbs                     Orthomolecular Medicine

 ... but this list is by no means definitive.  Be imaginative!!

  (topic list stolen shamelessly from Mike Smith <[email-masked]  :-)
  
  IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE A MAIL ITEM DEFINING PERMACULTURE, 
 SEND A MESSAGE ..... 
 
 IF YOU WANT DETAILS OF ORGANISATIONS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA,
 SEND A MESSAGE ...

  Local Organisations
  -------------------
  PAWA -
    Possibly one of the largest groups of permaculturists in the world with in
    excess of 1000 on our mailing list.  Western Australia provides us with 
    a great diversity, from temperate Albany on the south coast to Kununurra
    in the tropical north.
 STOP US FROM BEING PAROCHIAL BY POSTING YOUR QUESTIONS AND RAISING YOUR 
 ISSUES. 
 
  PERMALETS (WA) -
    A Local Exchange Trading System (LETS), maintained by and for 
participants in the Western Australian permaculture movement.  PermaLETS is 
contactable    via - ([email-masked].)
  
  PIWA -
  *** PIWA is the Permaculture Institute of Western Australia and MEMBERS 
ARE THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING FROM PERMACULTURE - THE 
PROFESSIONALS, THE COMMERCIAL OPERATORS. THIS INCLUDES EDUCATORS, DESIGNERS,
RETAIL OUTLETS, AND VARIOUS SPECIALISTS WHO SUBSCRIBE TO PERMACULTURE 
METHODS AND PRINCIPLES.
 
 IF YOU WANT A COPY OF THE DIRECTORY OF CONTACTS MAINTAINED BY PIWA, SEND A 
MESSAGE ...
 
                          WWOOFFERS IN WA:
THERE IS AN ACTIVE WWOOFFERS NETWORK IN WA, INCLUDING MANY PERMACULTURE  
PROPERTIES, RANGING FROM INNER CITY TO REMOTE STATIONS. 
 
 IF YOU WANT A COPY OF THE WWOOFFER CONTACT DETAILS,
 SEND A MESSAGE ...

  World Wide Web (WWW)
  --------------------
  Those blessed with WWW access may like to browse our  web pages
  at - http://www.eepo.com.au/perma/ Also we now have an auto un/subscribe 
facility on this page.
  
Your contributions to the web pages may be SUBMITTED to this list for 
POSSIBLE editing AND PERUSAL BEFORE ADDITION TO THE WEB

  List details
  ------------
  Postings to the ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE LIST should be sent to: [email-masked].
  
  List subscriptions, unsubscriptions, etc, to: [email-masked].
    (send "HELP" in the *body* of the message for listserver details)
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  _________________________________________________________

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:--
                         ---:SOMA:---
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line