Subject: Greywater Reuse Course

From: Martin Anda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:50:38 +0800

Martin Anda and Ross Mars will be offering a one-day workshop on Domestic
Greywater Recycling at the Environmental Technology Centre tommorrow May
2nd commencing 9am.

Domestic Greywater Recycling is now permitted in the shires of Bassendean,
Kalamunda and Kalgoorlie/Boulder.  The workshop will explain the options
with a hands on approach and what systems are used at the ETC.

Martin will focus on the design and implementation of terrestial systems
while Ross will explain constructed wetland systems.  Martin has conducted
much research and fieldwork into the subject over the years as has Ross who
is doing his PhD on wetlands for wastewater treatment.

There are still a few places left.  Cost: $60, byo lunch.

Proceeds go to the maintenance and development of the ETC.

Martin Anda
Research Associate
Remote Area Developments Group (http://wwwies.murdoch.edu.au/radg.html)
Appropriate Technology for Remote Indigenous Communities
Tel 61 8 9360 2896  Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Environmental Technology Centre (http://wwwies.murdoch.edu.au/etc.html)
Environmental Technologies for Sustainable Development
Tel 61 8 9360 6123 Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Murdoch University
Murdoch  WA  6150

---

From: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:06:39 +0800

----------
> From: Martin Anda <[email-masked]>
> To: Permaculture WA <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Greywater Reuse Course
> Date: Friday, 1 May 1998 8:50

Martin I'm so glad you are there plugging away at the good work. 
I would have liked to do the greywater course had I not been committed so
keep on letting me know of these things.   It is hugely relevant work...
even though the "suits"
don't see it :-)    
I have "coined a phrase"   .... "There's no democracy without concrete".
Which basically means that unless the Govt can let a big contract to some
mates
in exchange for favours and campaign funds ..............  well, you know
the rest :-)