Subject: Community Seeking Members

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:49:21 +0000

SANDY BAR IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS TO JOIN OUR COLLECTIVE

Sandy Bar Ranch is a collective of four fun-loving hard workers creating
a sustainable living/working alternative in the Klamath-Siskiyou
mountains of Northern California.  We're committed to working with the
land and with each other.  Our process is based on consensus and
non-hierarchical organization.  

We run a variety of businesses including private cabin rentals,
educational workshops, a fruit tree nursery, dried flower arrangements
and other crafts.  In addition, we have a 2 acre garden area which we
are designing along permacultural principles and 40 other acres to
tend.  Our vision, as we learn and teach about our Bioregion, is to
engage in constructive dialogue with all sectors of society to develop
ways of living lightly on the earth.

We are seeking people interested in collective living and permaculture,
with experience in general maintenance, gardening, hotel management,
marketing and computer skills.  Good communication, self-motivation and
a sense of humor are essential.  Prospective members would start with a
2-month work exchange position.  Contact us at:  PO Box 347, 797 Ishi
Pishi Road, Orleans, CA 95556.  Tel:  (916) 627-3379.   You can also
e-mail us at: [email-masked], or visit our Web site at:  
http://home.earthlink.net/~sandybar