Subject: Re: slaters

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:33:06 WST

>From: Steve Robinson <[email-masked]>
>To: Permaculture WA <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: slaters
>X-Listprocessor-Version: eepo-0.11 -- EEPO ListServer
>X-Comment:          Permaculture in Western Australia
>
>hi there helen,
>
>ah yes slaters, persistent little critters that they are...
>
>you could try sprinkling dolomite around your seedlings as this deters slaters,
>or you can put potato peelings nearby as they will eat these in preference to
>almost anything else. one last thing you can try is a small container of beer
>partly buried - with an opening in it to let the slaters in - they are attracted
>to the yeast and will drown (happily?) in the beer...
>
This discussion on slaters leads me into the question. Is there an FAQ
Permaculture DATABASE which all of this info could be added to.
Anyone like to take it on.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line