Subject: effects of various herbicides and pesticides on avian species

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:43:35 WST

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 06:39:15 +0000

To: sanet-mg <<[email-masked]>

From: Donna Fezler <<[email-masked]>

	I am studying the possible effects of various herbicides and 
pesticides on avian species as well as their role in autoimmune disorders 
in humans.

Lancaster PA has had an outbreak of Avian Influenza(two separate types) 
in chickens two years in a row.  This is highly unusual and coincides with 
the use of acrobat MZ on blue mold in tobacco.  This is a restricted use
product not approved for general use and there is little information on it. 
In order to get product information one must supply your zip code and
verify one raises an affected crop (tobacco or potatoes).

Can anyone give me product information beyond the chemical name which is
available on the EPA site?  None of the tests listed on the EPA site for
this product were for immuno suppression or changes in energy production
(ATP) or utilization.  Nor was the effect on the second generation ever
studied.  

If you live near the affected area, know someone who raises chickens in
this area, or have information on this fungicide, please respond.

Donna Fezler

[email-masked]

1620 Baldwin Road

Jacksonville, IL  62650

USA

(217) 243-7683, fax 245-2919

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line