Subject: UMW Organic Farming Conf tapes (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:52:00 WST

Howdy, all ye far-flung sustaggies--

For those of you who couldn't get to Sinsinawa last week, you can
order tapes from the 1998 Upper Midwest Organic Farming Conference,
which was held 2/19-2/21 in Wisconsin.  About 1,000 folks attended
this awesome gathering, whose theme was "Sowing the Seeds of
Growth." There are tapes for most of the sessions:

--Thursday's USDA draft organic rules meeting, featuring a briefing 
panel, strategies for response, Q&A, and call to action

--Friday's and Saturday's keynotes:
-------Roger Blobaum on "The Struggle for the Soul of Organic
-------John Fagin, Jane Rissler, and Tim Sullivan on GMOs

--Friday's and Saturday's workshops:
--------production practices, marketing strategies, policy issues, 
fund raising, value added issues, mad cow disease, financial 
management, new business enterprises, CSA, women as activists, 
research and information needs and A WHOLE TON MORE

You can see a list of available tapes and topics at the Resource 
Express Web site, as well as ordering information:

http://www.rexp.com

Or e-mail Barry or Judy at:

[email-masked]

There are discounts for ordering multiple copies or multiple topics.

There is, alas, *no* tape of the Friday night African dance and
drumming circle, where about 300 folks turned out to shake their
superfunkalicious groove thangs and raise a juju storm that is still
rumbling across the prairie in a polyrhythmic welcome to spring. It
worked, too:  temp went up to 45 the next day...and 50 the next.  

Just to let you know that we aren't all speeches-and-workshops here
in Wisconsin.  

As if you didn't already.

;^D

peace
misha

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Michele Gale-Sinex, communications manager
Center for Integrated Ag Systems 
UW-Madison College of Ag and Life Sciences
Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020
http://www.wisc.edu/cias/
If you knew what life was worth, you
would look for yours on earth.  --Bob Marley