Subject: ANNOUNNCE: Transdisciplinary Environment List (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:28:55 WST

I am cross posting this, as it is of interest to anyone interested in taking
HM into the community arena. I have had communications with Roderick Gill,
and The Australia New Zealand Society for Ecological Economics and HM have a
lot in common
---------------------------------------

Vic

>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>
>Dear Colleague
>
>For those interested in action research and environmental issues, the new
>ANZSEELIST might be of interest.  Action research type interventions are
>being tried by some ecological economists as they seek to come to terms
>with the meaning of "transdisciplinary" and how to apply it to research
>about the environment.  The notion of group learning (after Senge and
>others) is also a part of some ecological econonomics dialogue.
>
>The Australia New Zealand Society for Ecological Economics is pleased to
>announce a new Ecological Economics electronic mail discussion list for its
>membership and all other interested people.  The list is intended as a
>forum through which researchers, government decision makers, community  and
> environment management industry groups can interact and contribute to a
>higher overall level of learning in relation to environmental management
>and policy.
>
>The new list is intended as a forum for progressing transdisciplinary
>cooperation and methods.
>
>Who should participate in this discussion group:
>*community groups with an interest in ecologically balanced environmental
>management and policy
>*professionals from the environmental management industries seeking
>constructive interaction with the economics, ecological science, sociology
>and management research communities
>*the ecological science, economics, sociology, and management research
>communities
>*environmental consultants and managers
>*policy professionals at the National, State and Local government levels
>*resource managers
>*extension professionals and community planning and development facilitators
>*regional development professionals
>*anyone else with interests in a sustainable future
>
>The discussion group welcomes participation from Australia, New Zealand and
>the rest of the world.
>
>The ANZSEELIST will be unmoderated.  This means that discussions will not
>be edited or 'censored' in any way.
>
>A digest version of the list (where postings are combined and sent to all
>subscribers on a regular rather than ad hoc basis) is under development.
>
>Subscribing to the list
>joining the list is free.
>
>To subscribe:
>send this message in the body of an email message (use all lower case as
>indicated):
>
>subscribe anzseelist
>
>to:
>
><[email-masked]>
>
>do not use a signature and leave the subject line empty.
>
>For your own security protection, you will receive a message to confirm
>your request to join the list.  You will receive a coded command in that
>message which you need to paste in the body of your next email message back
>to the list server.  Again, leave the subject line blank and do not use a
>signature.  You will then receive a final confirmation regarding the
>success of your subscription.
>
>To send a message for all list subscribers to read, use address
><[email-masked]>
>
>For all inquiries relating to the ANZSEELIST, please contact Roderic Gill,
>New England Ecological Economics Group, Centre for Water Policy Research,
>University of New England Armidale NSW 2351, email: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------
>John Wolfenden
>New England Ecological Economics Group
>(http://www.une.edu.au/cwpr/NEEEG/neeg.html)
>Centre for Water Policy Research
>University of New England, Armidale, NSW, 2351, Australia
>
>Phone (02) 67732420 Fax (02) 67733237
>International 61 2 67732420 (ph); 61 2 67733237 (fax)
>email [email-masked];  Mobile 0412 245 234
>
>Committee Member and Postgraduate Coordinator, Australia New Zealand
>Society for Ecological Economics
>

***************************
Nancy Grudens Schuck
Doctoral Candidate

Department of Education
119 Kennedy Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853
U.S.A.

E-mail: [email-masked]
FAX: (607) 255-7905

***************************