Subject: Organic Gardening Resource (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 15:15:53 WST

From: "Andrea @ EnviroScribe" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hello everyone;

My name is Andrea Downey-Franchuk, and I am a new subscriber to SAED-SHARE-L
mailing list.  

I wear many hats.  I am an independent organic farm inspector in the
province of Manitoba from June to October and have been an urban organic
vegetable gardener for a long time.  I deliver continuing ed gardening
courses around Manitoba every year and have designed several organic
demonstration beds for the Red River Exhibition Heart of the Continent
Agricultural Fair in Winnipeg.  

I'd like to let you to know about "A Seasonal Guide to Gardening
Organically" that I produced for the Organic Producers Association of
Manitoba (OPAM), Ecological Agriculture Projects at McGill, and Canadian
Organic Growers a couple of years ago.  

The project was inspired by school teachers who wanted reliable information
about 'environmentally-friendly ways to grow food'. Steered by a technical
advisory committee which included Dr. Stuart Hill from McGill, it evolved
into a poster which blends lots of sound organic growing information with
beautiful watercolour illustrations. 

Subjects include preparing the soil, identifying and managing pests,
harvesting produce and saving seeds, companion planting, watering, weeding,
composting and preparing a garden for winter.  The poster measures 17" X 24"
and is laminated.  

Special for SAED-SHARE-L subscribers:  $15.95 (includes shipping).  Order by
mail, fax or e-mail to EnviroScribe Consulting, 810 North Drive, Winnipeg,
Manitoba, Canada R3T 0A5   
phone (204) 478 - 1954; fax (204) 453-8505; e-mail:  [email-masked].
Discounts available on bulk purchases.

People from all over the world have ordered the poster as a curriculum
supplement (schools) or as a course material for university, college or
continuing education students.  It has found its way onto many office walls
and adorns many kitchens. Give it to someone on your gift list this year or
treat yourself!

Have a great December everyone and stay safe over the holidays.

Seasons Greetings,

Andrea Downey-Franchuk
Principal
EnviroScribe Consulting
Winnipeg, MB    CANADA

"In the concert of nature it is hard to keep in tune with oneself if one is
out of tune with everything else."  -- George Santayana (1863 - 1952)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may be an oportunity to do something relevent for your area.