Subject: Re: mixed farming system

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:50:48 WST

>Could you help me?   
>
>I am trying to locate research or information on a mixed farming system
>that employed a 3 tier system in which livestock was on top, agricultural
>products in the middle and an aquaculture pond on the bottom tier.   The
>pond water was then pumped back up to the livestock tier.  This was a micro
>system of approx. 5 acres that was sustainable and would support several
>families.
>
>I actually saw the system briefly on the tele, but have since been unable
>to find any information on it.
>
>						thank you.
>[email-masked]

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                  11 Carew Place Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
           --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:--
                 -----: Men Of The Trees :------
           ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling :------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line

---

From: Martin Anda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:00:06 +0800

I'd love to hear about it too if anyone has any info.  We could perhaps
apply the model to the Environmental Technology Centre's 1.7 hectares.

Cheers

Martin Anda
Research Associate
Remote Area Developments Group
Tel 61 8 9360 6399  Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Environmental Technology Centre
Tel 61 8 9360 6123 Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Murdoch University
Murdoch  WA  6150