Subject: Fwd: Fw: An Urgent Message to all Environmentally and Socially Responsible Amer (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:13:52 WST

In a message dated 8/25/98 3:03:14 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

>Mothers for Natural Law is sponsoring a nation-wide Right to Know
>Campaign. Our immediate goal is to collect 1,000,000 names to a petition
>demanding truthful labeling of genetically engineered foods by Thanksgiving.

>The petition is online at

>http://www.safe-food.org/-campaign/petition.html

>The success of the One Million in '98 Campaign depends on getting the
>word out to as many people as possible as fast as possible! Mothers for
>Natural Law will be happy for you to link to our site.
>We would like to get the word out to everyone in America! Please help us

>1. by forwarding the message below to as many people as you can.
>2. by linking to our site with a banner or a text link
>We have designed a banner to go with the link (see attached file)
>

>The banner is 310 x 45 pixels. The following HTML will do the whole job:

><A HREF="http://www.safe-food.org/-campaign/petition.html"><IMG

>SRC="http://www.safe-food.org/zpix/petition_banner.gif" WIDTH="310"
>HREF="http://www.safe-food.org/-campaign/petition.html">Sign the
>petition for mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods on
>the <A HREF="http://www.safe-food.org/">Mothers for Natural Law</A>
>website.

>We have simplified the design of this page so that the HTML will copy
>properly. Please let us know if you can link to our site or if you have
>any problems with this page.
>

>Thank you,

>Mothers for Natural Law

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>

check out a organic growers web page
http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html
-----Original Message-----
From: Marek Rozenberg <[email-masked]>

>Right now over 60% of the foods in your local stores contain genetically
>engineered organisms. Hormones, viruses, bacteria, substances that have
>never been part of the human food supply now permeate the foods we eat
>every day. Everything from pizza to chips; soda to baby formula.
>
>There have been no studies or long-term safety testing of these foods.
>Even worse, none of these foods are labeled so we are denied the basic
>parental right to choose what we are feeding our families.
>
>Meanwhile, doctors and scientists all over the world are voicing grave
>concerns about genetically engineered foods, and entire countries are
>banning them from their borders.
>
>What are they worried about? Allergic reactions, increased estrogen
>levels, rise in breast and prostate cancer, the creation of super
>bacteria, the spread of toxic viruses, and much more.
>
>Where do genetically engineered foods come from? They are the brainchild
>of the same industry that brought us DDT, Agent Orange, and
>Thalidomide...
>
>Today these same companies are short-circuiting standards for
>responsible labeling and testing of the foods we eat. More successfully
>than any other lobby, they have managed to inhibit the only means of
>protection consumers have: government regulation and consumer choice.
>
>To get a feel for the depth of the genetic engineering crisis, consider
>this: The biotech industry is well on the way to controlling
>development, production and processing of our global seed supply. And if
>they make a mistake, it cannot be fixed - genetic pollution cannot be
>contained or cleaned up. It will last s long as there is life on earth.
>
>Mothers for Natural Law is sponsoring a nation-wide Right to Know
>Campaign.  Our immediate goal is to collect 1,000,000 names to a
>petition demanding truthful labeling of genetically engineered foods by
>Thanksgiving.
>
>How can you jump in?
>
>- Send this letter to everyone on your e-mail list.
>- Link your web site to the on-line petition
> http://www.safe-food.org/-campaign/petition.html
>- Call our office at 515-472-2809 for more information and a hard copy
>of our petition.
>- Duplicate and distribute the petition (with your logo on it) to your
>mailing list/network, with your newsletter/magazine, in your
>store/office.
>
>I urge you to step forward to protect the integrity of our planet and
>safeguard the future for our children.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Laura Ticciati
>Executive Director
>Mothers for Natural Law
>
>Mothers for Natural law is a non-profit educational organization
>coordinating a national public awareness campaign on the dangers of
>genetically engineered foods and the national coordinator for the
>Consumer Right to Know - One Million in 98 - Campaign.
>
>Mothers for Natural law
>P.O. Box 1177 - Fairfield, Iowa 52556
>Phone 515-472-2809 - Fax 515-472-2683
>[email-masked]
>www.safe-food.org
>
>END
>
>