Subject: Re: Rover Electric Muncher

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:18:07 WST

>From: [email-masked]
>Dear Victor,
>I need some information regarding the Rover Electric Muncher.  My father-in-
>law lives in Southern California and purchased one and cannot find any
>information about it any where down there.  He needs additional information
>other than the flyer that came with it.  He has a phone number for Rover-
>Scott-Bonner in Australia, but would rather find information here in the
>states.  Can you help.  Anything would be appreciated. 
>
>Thank You, 
>Debra Hancock

I use one myself, and there is not much to go wrong apart from 
sharpening the blades. Just to be sure though can you give me a model.
 I take the top off (2 wing nuts). Remove the flywheel (which is mounted
directly onto the electric motor on a keyed tapered shaft). When you
undo the bolt,, it releases the v shaped cutter for the leaves. PUT a lever 
under the flywheel, and tap the bolt firmly and the flywheel will lift off
Unscrew the phillips screws, that hold the blades for the wood chipper, 
reverse or sharpen all cutting edges, and then put together in the reverse
order.
I have had 35 years of experience as a farmer so I appreciate that it may be
different for your Father-inlaw.
 
If anyone has anymore information please contact Debra, or put the info
onto the perma-list. I'll try and get a URL for Rover- Scott-Bonner.
Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line

---

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 09:13:28 WST

>states.  Can you help.  Anything would be appreciated. 

I spoke to Rover Scott-Bonnar and they are in the process of putting a 
web page together. I'll send you an e-mail address.

Regards,
          Vic