Subject: Lurking (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 06:05:30 WST

From: "Margo Beilby" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Any comments on how to activate lurkers in being involved would be 
appreciated.

Regards,
          Vic

Maybe there would be less lurking if it was easier to post to the list.  The
other lists I belong to I just hit reply when anything interests me and
shoot something off.  I tried this with this list and got a letter back
saying "The following message was not accepted"

What I said was:
It seems to me that the list is too intellectual and serious.  The other
lists I'm on I turn to with anticipation but this list I often leave for
days and then I'm afraid I often don;t read all the stuff.  I was expecting
discussion on - I did this....  What do you do about that.......  How can
we..... etc.  I haven't got involved because on the level of the list I
haven't anything earth shaking to say.  Maybe if someone chucks in some
controversial or down right heretical it'll get people talking.  It
certainly worked on the Greens WA list.  

How about one that has occurred to me from time to time.  Permaculturalists,
earth gardeners and alternative people should stop leaving the cities to
look for their little patch of heaven, leave the bush to look after itself
and start using all the wasted opportunities for real permaculture in cities
and towns.

Margo

---

From: Nic and Duff Sibanda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:29:58 PST

Hi

I would have to agree with Margo.  I, too, subscribed hoping for some 
interesting discussions.  We live on half an acre on the outskirts of 
Perth, and try to base our garden/life on permaculture principles. We're 
just starting out and are very open to friendly advice.  I'm more 
interested in ideas, what works/doesn't work for people, contacts etc.  
Is this the right list for me?

Nic Sibanda

>From [email-masked] Tue Feb 16 19:30:32 1999
>Received: from [203.5.184.1] by hotmail.com (1.1) with SMTP id 
MHotMailB89382CC4C697D1017091CB05B80131F00; Tue Feb 16 19:30:32 1999
>Received: (from server@localhost)
>	by coffeepot.eepo.com.au (8.8.7/8.8.7) id LAA08550;
>	Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:24:04 +0800
>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 06:05:30 WST
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>Errors-To: [email-masked]
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Originator: [email-masked] (Victor Guest)
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Precedence: bulk
>From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
>To: Permaculture WA <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Lurking (fwd)
>X-Listprocessor-Version: eepo-0.11 -- EEPO ListServer
>X-Comment:          Permaculture in Western Australia
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com