Subject: New Book Announcement - Toxicology (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:31:40 -0400 (EDT)

----------------------------------
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
----=+=----
InterGarden
mailto:[email-masked]
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Venaura Farm
mailto:[email-masked]
http://nuteknet.com/london
----------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 97 17:52:07 -0700
From: "David B. Hannaway" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Book Announcement - Toxicology

Forage Colleagues:

This note is to announce the availability of a new book entitled  
"Natural Toxicants in Feeds, Forages, and Poisonous Plants."

The book is authored by Dr. Peter Cheeke, Department of Animal  
Science, Oregon State University.
His email address is [email-masked]
The publisher is Interstate Publishers, Inc., Danville, Illinois.   
They have a WWW segment, URL is http://www.ippinc.com/

We have developed a WWW page describing the book.
The page lists the name, author, publisher (with a link to the  
publisher's WWW segment), description, and contents information.
The URL for the book description is:   
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Resources/Media/Publications/Cheeke.html

Purchase price is $39.95 plus shipping.

Here's one of the paragraphs from the book description brochure:

"Natural Toxicants in Feeds, Forages, and Poisonous Plants, Second  
Edition provides a comprehensive treatment of natural toxicants in  
plants consumed by domestic animals and in crop plants used in human  
nutrition. It emphasizes the occurrence of toxins in plants, their  
metabolism and toxilogic effects in animals, and means of overcoming  
their effects. The book will be useful as a text for students in  
disciplines such as Animal Science, Agronomy and Crop Science, Range  
Management, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Veterinary Medicine,  
Toxicology, Food Science, and Nutrition."

I believe it is also an important reference for forage and  
livestock extension folks, consultants, and perhaps producers as  
well. I've already found the book useful and am confident many of  
you will find it an important resource.

=========

If others have books of potential interest to the forages mailing  
group, feel free to send me information for posting or send an  
informational note to the mailing group.  Although this group is not  
intended to be "advertising space," I believe it is appropriate to  
announce items that would be of educational interest to the group.

David

****************************************************
David B. Hannaway
Forage Extension, Research & Teaching
Department of Crop & Soil Science
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-3002
Phone: 541-737-5863
Fax: 541-737-1589
E-Mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.forages.css.orst.edu
****************************************************