Subject: =New= READER ON COMMUNITY-BASED RESEARCH (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 10:10:53 WST

For SAEd folks who have been following the community learning discussion -

>
>NEW READER ON COMMUNITY-BASED RESEARCH: The Loka Institute
>is delighted to announce the release of  _Doing Community-Based
>Research: A Reader_.  Published by Loka in collaboration with the
>Community Partnership Center at the University of Tennessee at
>Knoxville, the Reader includes 12 introductory articles on the
>how's & why's of community research.  With forewords by Lois
>Gibbs, founder of the Citizens Clearinghouse on Hazardous Waste,
>and Jim Sessions, Executive Director of Highlander Research &
>Education Center, the Reader is informative and fun to read.  To
>order a copy, send a check made payable in U.S. dollars to "The
>Loka Institute" to:  The Loka Institute, P.O. Box 355, Amherst,
>MA 01004, USA.  Within the U.S. or Canada, the Reader costs U.S.
>$10.00 + $3.00 for shipping (for a total of U.S. $13.00).  To
>other nations, the shipping cost rises one dollar, bringing the
>total cost to U.S. $14.00 (please allow 8-10 weeks for surface
>delivery).
>
>
>ABOUT THE LOKA INSTITUTE
>
>The Loka Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to
>making science and technology more responsive to democratically
>decided social and environmental concerns.  TO FIND OUT MORE
>ABOUT THE LOKA INSTITUTE, to participate in our on-line
>discussion groups or to help, please visit their Web page
><http://www.amherst.edu/~loka> or contact them via E-mail at
><[email-masked]>.
>

***************************
Nancy Grudens Schuck
Doctoral Candidate

Department of Education
119 Kennedy Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853
U.S.A.

E-mail: [email-masked]
FAX: (607) 255-7905

***************************