Subject: Permaculture for Africa? (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 12:03:37 WST

Hello,

1) Anyone know if there is anyone involved in Africa-specific permaculture
or other forms of sustainable agriculture? Anyone designing, or promoting
permaculture systems for East and South Africa in particular?  Any books,
websites (done some searches already), etc. on the subject?

2)Secondly I vaguely remember a post on the subject a while back, does
anyone know where I might be able to find out more about "doorstop" gardening?

3)Finally I have just come across an old book (1973) "The Careless
Technology" (Publisher:Tom Stacey Ltd. ISBN 0 85468 195 7 0101, edited by
M. Taghi Farvar) that CHRM-general subscribers might be interested in. It
is an insight into the human and environmental conseqences of inapropriate
development (such as the effect of the Aswan dam on Mediteranean fisheries,
as well as many agricultural examples). I am looking for a recent version
if there is one.  If I find it, I will let people know if they are interested.

Thanks in advance.
Kenn.

K.H. von Kaufmann, 
Richmond,
London, UK.
[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:49:32 WST

>[email-masked]

Try an e-mail to [email-masked]  and follow your nose from there.
It is an address I have for someone connected with the
Fambidzanai Permaculture school near Harare in Zimbabwe.

Remember to respect their shortage of cash and time. 

Paul Meleng                            Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                Tel.(08) 9381 3395