Subject: Permaculture in Kalgoorlie

From: Martin Anda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:07:05 +0800

Mitch Jones

You may like to check the proceedings of IPC VI at:

http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6/

There are good papers there by WA locals such as Halin Orion and Julie
Firth on dryland PC.

Julie has a great book, a great garden at geraldton, and is currently
working on project with Wongatha Wonganara at Laverton - just up the road
from you.

Halin has a great garden at Wittenoom and is currently working on PC
projects in several Pilbara communities.

Moreover a former student of Laura Stocker here at Murdoch University was
going to establish a drylands pc centre at Kalgoorlie.  I can't recall his
name and I'm not sure how far he got.  Ring Laura on 08 9360 2889.

I am working on a project at Kanpa near Warburton so will occassionally be
passing through Kal.

Martin Anda
Research Associate
Remote Area Developments Group
Appropriate Technology for Remote Indigenous Communities
Tel 61 8 9360 2896  Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Environmental Technology Centre
Environmental Technologies for Sustainable Development
Tel 61 8 9360 6123 Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Murdoch University
Murdoch  WA  6150