Subject: Job Advertisement - Princ. Sci. Soil & Water (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:08:18 WST

From: Earle Cummings <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Job Advertisement - Princ. Sci. Soil & Water
X-Listprocessor-Version: 6.0 -- ListProcessor by Anastasios Kotsikonas
X-Comment:  Agricultural and Environmental Impact list

Hello there, and a Happy Christmas Eve!  I'm forwarding this announcement
on the off-chance you would be interested. Apologies if you've seen it or
it annoys. E

>Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:02:33 +0011
>From: Nick Austin <[email-masked]>
>
>PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST - SOIL AND WATER
>Institute of Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture, Tatura
>Department of Natural Resources & Environment, Victoria
>
>THE INSTITUTE:  The Institute, a large and modern facility, employing
>around 200 staff is the foremost research institute for sustainable
>irrigated agriculture in Victoria/Australia.  It is situated in a
>beautiful rural setting, 15 minutes away from Shepparton, one of the
>fastest growing provincial food and wine producing centres in
>Victoria.  Averaging more than 7 hours sunshine every day, Greater
>Shepparton enjoys a warm and temperate climate with clean air.
>
>THE PERSON:     You're nationally and internationally recognised for
>innovative achievements in  soils-water research and development and
>the application of it in Agriculture.  Your comprehensive knowledge of
>scientific, political and social issues affecting agricultural
>sustainability is unquestioned.  You understand how agricultural
>industries operate and know their priorities.  You have delivered high
>impact results in those industries by using your proven conceptual,
>persuasive and negotiation skills; equally you are comfortable with
>different audiences in getting your message across.  It goes without
>saying that you are a person who makes things happen.  To succeed in
>this job, you must also be a change agent , an inspiring leader with
>passion and an innate ability to create the environment which develops
>the professional talents of our people.
>
>THE POSITION:   You must be able to :
>
>Promote and ensure scientific excellence in soil and water research,
>development and extension Direct, manage and secure funding for
>scientific programs;
>
>Lead and advise on sustainable agriculture and resource protection in
>our programs and plans across dairy, horticulture and sustainable
>agriculture;
>
>Lead, inspire and develop the team of research and extension
>scientists;
>
>Contribute to and become an influential member in the network of
>scientists throughout the Department;
>
>THE PACKAGE:    A substantial remuneration package in the range of
>A$70,000 - $90,000 will be  negotiated, commensurate with your skills
>and achievements.
>
>INQUIRIES:      Information regarding the position or the Institute should
>be directed to:
>
>    Dr Peter Doyle
>    Phone (03)  5852 0503 (Internat. 61 3 5852 0503)
>
>APPLICATIONS:   Position documentation should be obtained from Cate
>Stevens, Ph:  (03) 5833 5300 (Internat. 61 3 5833 5300). Written
>applications outlining your relevant experience and skills should be
>forwarded to:
>
>    Human Resources Manager
>    Private Bag 1, Ferguson Road,
>    Tatura   Victoria   3616
>    Australia
>    Phone (03)  5833 5377
>    Fax     (03)  5833 5388
>
>Expected closing date for applications:  1st week of February, 1998
>
"My words are like water.  The words of the great masters are like fine
wine.  But everyone drinks water."   Mark Twain

Earle W. Cummings, Wetlands Coordination
California Department of Water Resources
3251 S Street, Sacramento CA 95816

Voice (916)227-7519
Fax   (916)227-7554