Subject: Farm Internship (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:29:43 WST

From: Howell Farm <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
-------------------------snip------------------------------
What a great idea.

Vic
-------------------------snip---------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Please post where appropriate,

FARM INTERNSHIPS AT HOWELL LIVING HISTORY FARM

Howell Living History Farm offers internships based on adapting 
historical American technology to current conditions on small farms in 
developing countries and the USA.  We offer experience in crop 
production using ox power, seed-saving, food preservation, small scale 
livestock raising, and more.  Internship last 12 or more weeks, with 12 
week sessions scheduled for spring, summer, and fall.

Interns are typically returned or prospective Peace Corps volunteers, 
and others interested in low-capital agriculture based on minimal 
off-farm inputs.  Past interns are now working in Ghana, Niger, The 
Gambia, Tanzania, Uganda, as well as NGOs and organic farms throughout 
the USA.

Interns are provided with housing, farm products like vegetables, beans, 
flour, and eggs, and a $100/week stipend.

Contact Robert Flory, Howell Farm, 101 Hunter Road, Titusville, NJ 
08560, 609-737-3299, <[email-masked]>