Subject: National Bioethics Institute (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:04:53 WST

From: "Iowa State U. Bioethics Program" <[email-masked]>
Subject: National Bioethics Institute

National Bioethics Institute
May 29 - June 3, 1999
Iowa State University (ISU), Ames, Iowa

Successful applicants receive a $500 stipend.  Faculty members from around
the world are eligible.  Participants not from ISU receive, in addition to
the $500 stipend, a $900 travel and living expense allowance.

The Institute is a faculty development workshop designed to assist
university instructors in the life sciences in integrating discussions of
ethical issues into existing science courses.  The Institutes focus on
ethical theory, moral decision making, and pedagogy.  Particular attention
is paid to moral issues of relevance to agronomy, animal science, biology,
biochemistry, agricultural biotechnology, botany, entomology, environmental
studies, food science, forestry, genetics, veterinary medicine, and zoology.

Participants are asked to read a book on ethical theory in preparation for
the conference.  Applicants must be tenured or tenure-track life science
faculty members committed to serious study of moral philosophy.   Teams of
applicants from a single institution are encouraged.  We especially
encourage applications from ethnic minorities and faculty at institutions
historically serving minorities.  "Graduates" of past Institutes will be
accepted on a space available basis.  Late applications will be considered
if space is available.

Deadline for applications is March 1, 1999, with preference given to those
received by 1 February 1999. 

Funded by the National Science Foundation.  For more info or an
application, contact Brad Perri, 402 Catt Hall, Iowa State University,
Ames, IA.  50011; phone: (515) 294-5400; email: [email-masked]

Or point your browser to:

http://grad.admin.iastate.edu/bioethics/events/isuinfo99.html
--============_-1297767463==_ma============
Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<bold><italic><fontfamily><param>Times_New_Roman</param><bigger>Call
for applications

</bigger></fontfamily></italic></bold><fontfamily><param>Times_New_Roman</pa=
ram><bigger>National
Bioethics Institute

May 29 - June 3, 1999

Iowa State University (ISU), Ames, Iowa

Successful applicants receive a $500 stipend.  Faculty members from
around the world are eligible.  Participants not from ISU receive, in
addition to the $500 stipend, a $900 travel and living expense
allowance.

The Institute is a faculty development workshop designed to assist
university instructors in the life sciences in integrating discussions
of ethical issues into existing science courses.  The Institutes focus
on ethical theory, moral decision making, and pedagogy.  Particular
attention is paid to moral issues of relevance to agronomy, animal
science, biology, biochemistry, agricultural biotechnology, botany,
entomology, environmental studies, food science, forestry, genetics,
veterinary medicine, and zoology.

Participants are asked to read a book on ethical theory in preparation
for the conference.  Applicants must be tenured or tenure-track life
science faculty members committed to serious study of moral
philosophy.   Teams of applicants from a single institution are
encouraged.  We especially encourage applications from ethnic
minorities and faculty at institutions historically serving
minorities.  </bigger></fontfamily>"Graduates" of past Institutes will
be accepted on a space available basis.=20
<fontfamily><param>Times_New_Roman</param><bigger>Late applications
will be considered if space is available.

Deadline for applications is March 1, 1999, with preference given to
those received by 1 February 1999.=20

=46unded by the National Science Foundation.  For more info or an
application, contact Brad Perri, 402 Catt Hall, Iowa State University,
Ames, IA.  50011; phone: (515) 294-5400; email: [email-masked]

Or point your browser to:

http://grad.admin.iastate.edu/bioethics/events/isuinfo99.html</bigger></font=
family>

--============_-1297767463==_ma============--