Subject: come and see the film Microcosmos

From: Martin Anda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:05:03 +0800

MUPETS FUNDRAISER
(Murdoch University Permaculture and Environmental Technology Society)

MUPETS would like to invite you to:

see the movie   MICROCOSMOS in the Luna outdoor cinema, $10  plus a free
BBQ dinner.

" Three years of filming created a movie that restores your sense of
wonder. With extraordinary close up photography we enter a never before
seen world beneath a French meadow to discover that Mother Nature is the
best at special effects of them all"

Date : Sunday 15th March 1998
Time : BBQ 7.15pm
           Movie 7.45pm
Place: Luna cinema, Oxford Street Leederville

Tickets available from Jeanne at Environmental Science Reception and
Stewart Dallas# 9360 6414 and
Jessica Ryan#9360 6124
Be quick they're selling fast.

The Environmental Technology Centre is a fully-integrated permaculture
'small farm' located on 1.7 hectares of land at Murdoch University.  At the
site it is possible to see the complete five permaculture zones including
extensive aquaculture systems supported by a myriad of sustainable
technologies.  Bush regeneration as well as food production is a major
theme.  There is a climate-sensible designed building for seminars and
meetings and a number of other low-energy buildings under construction.
Plant propagation and poultry facilities are also under construction.
There are a range of innovative waste management technologies in operation
including composting toilets, a vermiculture facility that processes the
university's food scraps, a constructed wetland and small to large-scale
composting systems.  The Centre's electricity is supplied by a wind energy
system and the water supply is by means of wind and solar-powered bores.
Bore water is treated by sand filtration to drinking quality.  In effect
the Centre is self-reliant relying only on the input of natural energies,
people's enthusiasm, and waste products from outside.

MUPETS is a non-profit community volunteer group made up of community
members, students and staff members.  Its aims are to promote permaculture
and ecologically-sustainable (environmental) technologies.  It does this
through focussing its energies on the maintenance and further development
of the permaculture landscape and the technologies that support it at the
Environmental Technology Centre.  MUPETS offers the courses below as a
means of promoting greater participation in the Centre, raising funds for
its upkeep and furthering the learning and personal development of its
members.  The benefits are manifold: the Centre receives greater care from
a cadre of skilled volunteers; university and TAFE students are able to
learn in an operating environment of sustainable living; university
researchers are able to conduct their projects within an holistic
interactive environment; the public are able to visit a site where they can
see a wide range of sustainable technologies being maintained by ordinary
people.  Many graduates become leading activists of MUPETS!!!!

Martin Anda
Research Associate
Remote Area Developments Group
Appropriate Technology for Remote Indigenous Communities
Tel 61 8 9360 2896  Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Environmental Technology Centre
Environmental Technologies for Sustainable Development
Tel 61 8 9360 6123 Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Murdoch University
Murdoch  WA  6150