From: Kristine Stahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:38:30 +0930

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BDB8C4.C68D6D20
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Mitch, I noticed you wanted some information about Round Up and its
negative impact on the environment. Well, I know that it is a salt which
destroys a plant's immunity to disease and so it is actually killed by
dieases which invade it. However, you may find some information from the
"Gene Ethics Network" a branch of the Australian Conservation Foundation,
based in Melbourne. You may try contacting them. They have plenty of
information regarding Round Up resistant food plants, but you can try them.
If someone suggests that Round up is so safe, its drinkable, perhaps they
should read the safety information on the bottle!  As it destroys plants'
immunity, I would suspect that it would do something like that that to
humans. I suppose you know about genetically engineered RoundUp Ready
Soybeans, Corn, and Cotton seed? These have been genetically engineered to
withstand twenty times the amount of RoundUp being sprayed on them and not
be affected. These are food crops in our diet today. But that's another
story. A C F would be delighted to give you further information if you're
interested.

Kind Regards,
Kristine Stahl

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BDB8C4.C68D6D20
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D680195208-26071998><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Hi=20
Mitch, I noticed you wanted some information about Round Up and its =
negative=20
impact on the environment. Well, I know that it is a salt which destroys =
a=20
plant's immunity to disease and so it is actually killed by dieases =
which invade=20
it. However, you may find some information from the &quot;Gene Ethics=20
Network&quot; a branch of the Australian Conservation Foundation, based =
in=20
Melbourne. You may try contacting them. They have plenty of information=20
regarding Round Up resistant food plants, but you can try them. If =
someone=20
suggests that Round up is so safe, its drinkable, perhaps <EM>they =
</EM>should=20
<EM>read</EM> the safety information on the bottle!&nbsp; As it destroys =
plants'=20
immunity, I would suspect that it would do something like that that to =
humans. I=20
suppose you know about genetically engineered RoundUp Ready Soybeans, =
Corn, and=20
Cotton seed? These have been genetically engineered to withstand twenty =
times=20
the amount of RoundUp being sprayed on them and not be affected. These =
are=20
<EM>food crops </EM>in our diet <EM>t</EM><EM>oday. But that's another=20
story.</EM> A C F would be delighted to give you further information if =
you're=20
interested. </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D680195208-26071998><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D680195208-26071998><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Kind=20
Regards,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D680195208-26071998><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =

size=3D2>Kristine Stahl</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BDB8C4.C68D6D20--