Subject: Participatory Development Conference: Call for Presentations (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:35:01 WST

>To: [email-masked]
>Help us in getting the word out by forwarding this message to interested
>colleagues. All replies should be directed to: [email-masked].
>
>Dear Colleagues,
>The Participatory Development Forum invites you to be part of the upcoming
>conference on: Deepening our Understanding and Practice: A Conference on
>Participatory Development and Beyond...

>>How You Can Participate: You can participate in the conference in a num=
ber of
>>ways by:
>>- Helping to facilitate a skills-building workshop;
>>- Presenting a paper or participating in a debate;
>>- Organizing a creative session like popular theatre, role-playing,
>>games,etc.
>>- Leading a round table discussion;
>>- Being a Participant to the Conference;
>>- Organizing an Exhibit;
>>- Becoming a co-sponsor to the event.
>>
If you are interested in being part of this unique event, please read on for
>>further details on preparing the call for presentations. The deadline is
>>January 31, 1999. The conference is looking for creative and insightful
>>people
>>to present proposals (in English, French or Spanish) for the keynote pa=
nels,
>>workshop sessions, open spaces, or other creative presentations. Propos=
als will
>>be selected on the basis of their demonstration of originality or innov=
ation,
>>both in content and format, as well as their representation of diverse
>>backgrounds and experiences (i.e. those that bring together presenters =
from
>>across generations, action researchers, regions, ethnicities, gender, etc.).
----------------------------snip----------------------------------------
>>The following information must be included in your proposal:
>>1. Proposed Title of Submission
>>2. Type of Session (keynote panel, plenary, open sessions, paper panel,
>>advocacy table and duration)
>>3. Relationship to Theme of Conference (past, present, future)
>>4. Brief summary of session (2-3 paragraphs) or exhibit
>>5. Full details of each facilitator and/or presenter. Please indicate c=
learly
>>one contact person per proposal
>>6. Name, mailing address, telephone, fax and email address of contact p=
erson
>>and other presenters/facilitators
>>7. One paragraph biographical sketch for each member of the group, incl=
uding
>>gender, age group (15-25, 25-35, 35-45 years, and so on...), and geogra=
phical
>>balance of group
>>8. Anticipated audience size
-----------------------snip-----------------------------------------

>>Full details can also be downloaded from our web page at:
>><http://www.caidc.ca/>http://www.caidc.ca. For more information contact=
:
>>[email-masked].
>>
>>We hope to see you there!! Help us in getting the word out by forwardin=
g this
>>message to interested colleagues.
>>Francoise Coupal
>>705 Roosevelt Ave.
>>Ottawa, Canada K2A 2A8
>>Tel:  (613) 728-1439; Fax:  (613) 728-1154.
>>Visit us on the World Wide Web at:
>><http://www.mosaic-net-intl.ca/>http://www.mosaic-net-intl.ca.