Subject: South Africa HM Product Information (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1988 10:57:45 WST

This is of interest to broad acre Permies.
Vic

From: "Rio de la Vista" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

To:  CHM General Conference

 Dear Friends,

WHOLE CONCEPTS of South Africa is glad to announce the US availability of a
video tape of the second day of their 1998 Holistic Management Gathering in
South Africa,  held last May.  The theme of Day 2 was "Animal Performance
and Ecological Improvement-- Getting the Balance Right."  This is a vital
topic for anyone
managing livestock and seeking to enhance performance and the condition of
the land simultaneously-- and anyone interested in deeper understanding of
these issues and the role of animals in restoring ecological health to our
lands.

The featured speakers are:
1)  Allan Savory,  founder of the Center for Holistic Management with some
compelling articulations of the need for animal impact in producing
desirable changes on the land
2) Dick  Richardson, host of the gathering and very active Certified
Educator in Southern Africa
3) Brian Marshall, Certified Educator and part of the dynamic team that is
generating great things in Australia,
4) South African practitioner and
Holistic Management enthusiast,  Ian Mitchell-Innes.

The length of the US formatted tape is approximately 4 hours minutes. The
quality is of home video level, but the information is excellent and of real
substance.  It is now available through Rio de la Vista at [email-masked]
or via 970-731-9659 or P.O. Box 1379, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.  The cost is
$25 (plus $5.00 shipping per order) and orders will be filled in early
January (via hand delivery from South Africa.)  If ordering  please submit
your order and payment (please make checks payable to: Rio de la Vista) to
be received at the above address prior to December 1, 1998.  (Note:  we will
gladly fill orders after this, but if received later than Dec. 1, delivery
will be delayed and an additional $10.00 shipping charge will be necessary.)

Also-- the 1997 South Africa Gathering tapes are also still available at the
same price as above,(available at any time.)  They include the following
presenters and topics:
Tape 1:  Johann Zietsman-- On High Impact grazing in a High Rainfall Area
(Zimbabwe)
                Malcom Williamson-- on High Impact Grazing in a Low Rainfall
Area (Namibia)
                Panel Discussion
Tape 2:  Dick Richardson-- on Rainfall Analysis (Note: this is his verbal
presentation of the process he                developed which is also
featured in the Spetember 1998/ Number 61 issue of IN PRACTICE,  Land and
Livestock Section.  It would be very useful for anyone wishing to implement
this analysis for their locale.)
               Dick Richardson-- on Time Management -- an entertaining and
useful approach to managing our most precious and irreplacable resource!

REMEMBER that  the quarterly South Africa newsletter,  The HOLISTIC
REPORTER, is also available to US residents at the subscription rate of
$35.00  annually.  It is full of valuable lessons and fascinating stories of
the innovations and experiences of our southern hemisphere counterparts.

Please place your orders with Rio de la Vista as noted above.

And finally, we are happy to offer an excellent product for calf weaning
(and soon for lambs as well)  reusable plastic, screw-on nose rings that
allow your calves to be weaned next to their mothers with maximum ease and
minimum stress.  Please inquire for details on ordering.

As always, please feel free to contact Dick Richardson at
[email-masked] with any questions, suggestions or comments.  Let's
keep a lively international feedback loop going!

Thanks for your interest and support!