Subject: Old Technology/health

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:01:19 WST

On The Fringe - An Occasional Series
				by
			Jim Donaldson B.Sc.

Electronic Medicine?
--------------------

Back in the 1930's when the medical profession recognised that they were 
about as incompetent as the rest of us, this "new fangled radio stuff" was 
something that promised a whole new way of approaching the self treatment of 
common ailments.

There were infra-red and ultra-violet ray lamps that were supposedly "good 
fer what-ever ails yer"! There was electrical anaesthesia using radio waves
and a whole range of devices that were promoted as being able to kill germs,
cure cancer, and restore your health. 

There were x-ray machines of quite horrific power, used by shoe stores for
checking shoe fit, there were rest cures taken in mines known to be 
contaminated with Radon gas which was known to kill germs... therefore it 
must be healthy for you?

Unfortunately, many of these devices and practices were based on quackery, 
or an honest misunderstanding of the laws of nature. They failed to pass the 
test of repeatability and passed into history as archaic novelties, often 
with tragic consequences. 

As often happens, a few valid, but unusual research paths that showed real
promise as having long term benefits were considered to be in the same boat
as many of the foregoing, and refused funding or even consideration as a 
possible explanation of observations that were readily seen.

One of these was the recognition that not only does electrical equipment
generate radio waves, so do living organisms!

Early medical researchers such as Royal Rife, Whillhem Reich and others came
to the conclusion that not only did living matter generate electrical energy,
they could be affected by it as well.

We recognise this only too well today. Microwave ovens cook our food, but at
the same time most of us are becoming aware of the potential hazards 
connected with the use of mobile phones and the possible link between
childhood leukemia's and proximity to overhead power lines.

Until recently any consideration of the use of electrical energy in the 
treatment of illnesses has therfore been kept under the control of the
medical profession, and organisations having large amounts of capital at 
their disposal.

This has begun to change. In 1995, An American Researcher, Dr Hulda Regeher
Clark in her book The Cure for all Diseases, published her findings relating
to the emission of radio waves by disease organisms, and the treatment of 
the diseases caused by these organisms using a simple, cheap electonic device
that nearly anyone can use. (The exceptions being people who are using 
pacemakers or who are pregnent)

According to the good doctor, it seems that bacteria and virii (the plural 
for a virus) are extremely sensitive to positive going voltage pulses, even
those as low as 5 volts being satisfactory. She claims three seven minute 
treatments spread over a couple of hours will kill most infections. She 
claims that "It kills large and small invaders: flukes, roundworms, mites,
bacteria, viruses an fungi. It kills them all at once in seven minutes....".

In her book she provides the design of a device she calls a "Zapper" which
is powered by a 9 volt battery and produces a 30,000 Hertz (That's cycles
per second for those of use who did physics all those years ago) positive
going square wave.

How do they work? The Doctor herself doesn't know... she suggests that 
conductance channels in cell doorways may be affected, or the intermittent
positive voltage may interfere with electron flow in some key metabolic 
process. Maybe the applied voltage pulse straightens out the ATP (Adenosine
Tri-Phosphate a compound involved in energy transfer in cells - just thought
you might like to know) disallowing its breakdown.

Want one? You can build one from her design if you get hold of a copy of 
her book or you can get a prebuilt and tested version with an inbuilt 7 
minute timer from myself (Phone 9342-2774) or Vic Guest(9246 4674).

We can't make any medical claims for the device (The Philistines would be 
beating at our doors before we could even get our soldering irons warmed up!)
We can however guarantee that the device will function electrically according
to Dr. Clarks' specifications.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                  11 Carew Place Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
           --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:--
                 -----: Men Of The Trees :------
           ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling :------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line