Subject: New USDA SMALLFARM Newsletter (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:36:15 WST

From: "Michael Cote'" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
from the USDA/CSREES EXTED List dated  27 Aug 1997.

>This is to advise you that USDA is establishing a new quarterly 
>periodical entitled Small Farm Digest. The first issue will be coming to you 
>in October 1997 as a clearance process is required for establishing 
>new periodicals within the Department.
>
>This new newsletter--The Small Farm Digest-- constitutes a merger of the 
>former Small Scale Agriculture Today which went out to 19,000 
>subscribers under Bud Kerr, now retired manager of the CSREES Office for 
>Small Scale Agriculture and the Small and Part Time Farms newsletter which 
>went out to 3,000  subscribers under Denis Ebodaghe, CSREES/PAPPP
> National Program Leader for Small Farms. The subscription list will 
>include deans and other administrators of colleges of agriculture of 
>land-grant universities; directors of state agricultural experiment 
>stations; Extension agents; and small- and part-time farmers, as well 
>as farm-related businesses; ranchers; commodity groups; 
>community-based organizations; philanthropic foundations; and the 
>general public.
>
>The establishment of this new periodical, which will reach more than 
>24,000 readers throughout the United States,  reflects that the former 
>USDA Office for Small Scale Agriculture has merged with the USDA 
>Small Farm Program within CSREES. All services that were provided by
> the Office for Small Scale Agriculture will continue to be delivered without 
>interruption. By combining the two initiatives, we hope to enhance 
>our working relationships with the small farm and ranch community and to 
>strengthen our capacity to address the needs of small farmers and 
>ranchers in a timely manner.
>
>Denis Ebodaghe, National Program Leader for the Small Farm Program 
>within CSREES will have oversight for the Small Farm Digest. He 
>welcomes information from your region for potential articles in the 
>Small Farm Digest and notices of upcoming events. Please communicate
>article and event suggestions to Denis Ebodaghe, National Program 
>Leader - Small Farms, USDA-CSREES, STOP 2220, Washington, D.C. 
>20250-2220; or contact Dr. Ebodaghe's Associate Editor, Stephanie 
>Olson at 202/401-6544 (telephone); 202/401-1602 (fax); or email: 
>solson@reeusda
>
>
>--
>
>To Subscribe
>    Send a message to --     [email-masked]
>    In the body, type   --      subscribe smallfarm-mg
>
>To Unsubscribe
>    Send a message to --     [email-masked]
>    In the body, type   --     unsubscribe smallfarm-mg
>
>--
>
>To Subscribe
>    Send a message to --     [email-masked]
>    In the body, type   --      subscribe exted
>
>To Unsubscribe
>    Send a message to --     [email-masked]
>    In the body, type   --     unsubscribe exted
>
>
################################
Michael Cote'                         
Ohio State University         Tel   (614) 890-2369  
208 Ag Admin Bldg             Fax  (614) 292-7007
2120 Fyffe Rd                                                    
Columbus, OH  43210        [email-masked]       
################################