Subject: MAI

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:22:06 WST

Thanks for the support for the Greens STOP MAI meeting.
We need to call for a moretorium on the building of any more prisons in
AUSTRALIA.
       They are currently the focus of multinational interest.
apparently we have law which makes it illegal to sell imported products
made in prisons.
    However we don't have a law about selling products made in Australian
prisons. I am led to believe that a company near the "privatised" prison at
Ballarat, which manufactured Horse blankets, is bankrupt because of the
competition of the blankets produced in Ballarat JAIL.

 This is the current state of slavery in this country.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
              --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:-
          -----: Men Of The Trees, Holistic Management :------
       ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling Landmark Education:------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line