Subject: New List Being Created

From: Josh Knauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:10:37 -0500

Hello-

You have requested to have a mailing list created on the EnviroLink
Network's system (permaculture).  It may take a few days for this list to
be created, but in the meantime, you should familiarize yourself with our
mailing list system.  All automated mailing lists on our system run on
Listproc 8.0.  It is very important that you become familiar with some of
the basics of mailing list maintenance and administration.

There is an on-line manual for Listproc 8.0 at:

	http://www.cren.net/listproc/listproc.html
	(read the Admin and also the User's manuals)

Some basic instructions:

1) To send a Listproc command to the list, you must address it to:
[email-masked]

2) To send a message out to your list, you must address it to:
[email-masked]  (substitute the list name that we create for you)

3) All commands should appear on their own lines within the message (unless
otherwise directed by the manual), and the body of your message should not
contain any signatures, or other extraneous information.

We wish you the best of luck, and hope that our provision of this service
to your organization has helped out.  If you can, please consider an
organizational ($500/year) or an individual membership to EnviroLink, we
have a secure and easy way to do this online at:
http://www.envirolink.org/membership/

Thanks!

Josh Knauer
Executive Director
The EnviroLink Network
http://www.envirolink.org
Phone:(412) 683-6400 Fax:(412) 683-8460

If you'd like to support the EnviroLink Network, a non-profit organization,
please consider doing so by becoming a member:
http://www.envirolink.org/membership