Subject: Australian Domestic Mulcher's

From: GRAHAM JOHNSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:36:12 +1000

I would be interested in hearing about anybody's experience with, or
recommendations about Australian made domestic mulchers.

Living on a small inner suburban site means mulching of any offcuts,
leaves, etc that come my way is essential.

Graham Johnson
Melbourne

---

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:32:20 WST

>recommendations about Australian made domestic mulchers.

Hi I have just taken over managing a suburban permaculture Garden,
and I have been using a Rover domestic mulcher. Currently I am in the 
process of sharpening the chipper blades as they are very worn.
It seems quite good at what I need it for.

>leaves, etc that come my way is essential.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                  11 Carew Place Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:---
           --:http://www.eepo.com.au/permacul.html:--
                 -----: Men Of The Trees :------
           ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling :------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----
                 http://www.eepo.com.au/~victor/
   http://www.cowan.edu.au/~paustin/ipc6 for the proceedings of the 
               Permaculture Convergence on line

---

From: Keith Elwell-Gavins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:10:02 -0700

> leaves, etc that come my way is essential.

Graham,

I use an US made mulcher, but my advise is to only buy a petrol-driven
one no matter what the origin or brand. The electric ones are only
good for lawn clippings and leaves - they will clog on even the smallest
branch or twig... Of course, it's still possible to clog any mulcher
with abuse, but the petrol ones can at least handle branches up to 50mm
or so.

Cheers, Keith.

 =====================
  Keith Elwell-Gavins
    Queanbeyan, NSW
      Australia
 =====================