Subject: Spader Clinic at BD Conference (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 22:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

----------------------------------
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
----=+=----
InterGarden
mailto:[email-masked]
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Venaura Farm
mailto:[email-masked]
http://nuteknet.com/london
----------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 07:32:06 -0400
From: Intergalactic Garage <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Spader Clinic at BD Conference

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Great News!!

Eugene Canales (BIODYNAMICS #210-212) of Ferarri Tractor has offered to
conduct a "spading" clinic at the East Coast Biodynamic Conference Oct 3-5.

The Claymont Court Agricultural Project, the site of the conference, has
been using  a 7ft Tortella spader with a recent model 70-hp John Deere
tractor with optional low gearing for the past year. It is Eugene's
intention to use this equipment to show in the field the 'whys and hows' of
spading as well as demonstrate some 'tricks of the spade' and answer
questions from spader users and those interested in using spaders on their
beds and fields in the future. The Claymont growers will be on hand to
discuss their experiences with this appropriate approach to tillage. (They
LIKE their spader!!)

The presentation is in addition to the lecture on 'Walking Tractors' by
Eugene Canales which was announced previously. This presentation will be
demonstrated with the BCS line of walking tractors and may even include a
demonstration of the  BCS walk-behind spading machine!!! (Highly
recommended by Elliot Coleman for the 'small' producer.) Other European
'walking tractor' lines will be discussed and there will be a slide show
and questions and answers.

[I hope my enthusiasm for these two events is not construed to be
commercial. I have not seen many opportunities for alternative growers to
find experienced information on these worthwhile and practical approaches
to tillage and cultivation and am happy that we will get an opportunity to
provide this information at the East Coast Biodynamics Conference.]

The East Coast Biodynamic Conference ("Alan Chadwick: 30 Years Later") is
being held at Claymont Court in Charles Town, WV (about 90 minutes from
downtown Washington DC) Oct 3-5, 1997. It is being partially sponsored by
the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association and the Demeter (BD
Certification) Association with a little help from Record Tools (marketers
in North America of the famous Sheffield England D-handled "Bulldog" spades
popularized by Alan Chadwick).

Trade Show space is available at this conference. (Yes, there will be
stirring machines AND flow forms demonstrated!)

For more information about the East Coast Biodynamic Conference, Contact:
Allan Balliett POB 3047 Shepherdstown, WV 25443 (304) 876-2373 FAX:(304)
876-9414 email: [email-masked] or check out the web page at
www.biodynamics.com.

For more information about the Spading Clinic or the Walking Tractor
Presentation, or general questions about alternative farm implements,
contact Eugene Canales, Ferarri Tractor, POB 1045, Gridley, CA 95548 (916)
846-6401 FAX: (916) 846-0390.

===========================================================================
To Post to the Bio-Dynamics Mailing list: [email-masked]
===========================================================================
Subscribe to BIODYNAMICS: Farming and Gardening in the 21st Century
the Bi-Monthly Magazine about Developments in the Art and Science of
Biodyamics.

Noted viticulturist, orchardist and Biodynamic growing consultant, Alan
York, editor.

BIODYNAMICS: Farming and Gardening in the 21st Century is the journal of
the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America.

6 issues a year for $35

1-800-516-7797

The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association of America
POB 550, Kimberton, PA 19442 USA

VISA/AMEX/MasterCard accepted

(International Subscriptions are higher. Contact the BDFGA for a quote).

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Opinions expressed in mail through this list, whether by the moderator or
by list members,  are simply the opinions of the poster and do not
necessarily  reflect the opinions of the BDFGA.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The BD-L e-mail list is open to all and subscribing is easy: simply send
an e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "subscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

(I'll need your name and physical address in the Body of the message, but
it will be released to no one)

You'll soon start getting messages.  If you don't like what you see, send
another e-mail to:

[email-masked] and put "unsubscribe BD-L" in the Subject.

Check out the Biodynamic Association WEB PAGE:
      http://www.his.com/~claymont/bda.html

Thank you,

Allan Balliett, Moderator, BD-L
===============================