Subject: permaculture (fwd) Recognised

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:41:53 WST

X-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello.
 I would like to locate information regarding permaculture courses.
Specifically, I would like to know if there are courses being held in the
Southwest on use of constructed wetlands to filter black water. There is a
watershed in Chihuahua into which upstream communities are dumping raw
sewage, causing residents downstream problems such as skin lesions. Several
faculty members at the university in Chihuahua would like to address this
problem and I suggested the permaculture approach which as I understand,
would be less expensive than traditional municipal waste water treatment
plants.  If anyone could point me in the right direction with this problem,
I will pass it along to my contacts in Chihuahua. Thanks, Connie Falk 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Constance L. Falk
Associate Professor
Dept. Ag. Econ. & Ag. Bus.
New Mexico State University