Subject: Re: No Subject (fwd)

From: Paul Meleng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:39:02 WST

>From: [email-masked]
>To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
>Subject: No Subject
>X-Listprocessor-Version: 6.0 -- ListProcessor by Anastasios Kotsikonas
>X-Comment:  Agricultural and Environmental Impact list
>
>I am cross posting this because this is where the fight is. I have heard 
>that other countries have similar problems ie. a collective 5 mill tonne
>heap of pig manure in the Netherlands.

>Vegetarians have "crossed over" and are willing to entertain the idea that
>such creatures might have "identity" and might feel the immensity of their
>suffering. To the carnivore, its just plenty of meat.
>
ETCETERA

> Agriculture is being abandoned to the industrialists because citizens are
>not protesting in the faces of their elected representatives. A great
>tradition and way of life for middle class people which strenthens our
>democratic and independent-minded culture is being destroyed. 

" when the shit hits the fan" the people will become active and want answers.

Meanwhile I suggest we just keep on getting good at having a damn good time
building our own permaculture gardens, communities and networks so that
we have the answers when people ask.

Paul Meleng                            Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                Tel.(08) 9381 3395

"From hand to hand the greeting flows. 
 From eye to eye the signals run.
 From heart to heart the bright hope glows.
 The seekers of the light are one."   ........Samuel Longfellow