Subject: FSDnews July 97 (fwd)

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:50:16 WST

I have edited this information to give a list of WWWpages that may be 
of value, and I will keep this complete item for 7 days.
Vic

From: [email-masked] (Willie Gibson)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FSDnews July 97

>     F S D   N E W S ,  J U L Y ,  1 9 9 7
>                   Edited by: Farm Management  and
>                  Production Economics Service, FAO
>
>
>1. STAKEHOLDER INSTITUTIONS
>
>*ISG International Support Group*
>ISG is a non-profit, decentralized international group registered in the
>Netherlands, and aims to combine or "weave" different methods of
>action research and to promote linkages between people for improved
>agroecosystem management. It supports the development of local
>inter-institutional groups comprising of farmers' organizations, NGOs
>and government research and extension agencies. ISG assists these
>groups in South-South exchange of local experience using common
>methodological frameworks. For more information, please contact
>Clive Lightfoot ([email-masked]).

>Internet homepage: http://www.ids.ac.uk/eldis/isg/isg.html

>*SRISTI  Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable
>Technologies and Institutions*
>SRISTI is a major network of grassroots innovators which has
>established one of the largest data bases on environmentally-
>friendly innovations by rural people. It is also distinguished by
>their opposition to RRA/PRA methods (see below). Their news-
>letter titled Honeybee is an excellent source of information
>on indigenous knowledge and local information. For more
>information please contact Prof. Anil K. Gupta, Co-ordinator
>SRISTI  & Honey Bee network  ([email-masked]).

>http://csf.colorado.edu/sristi
>gopher://csf.colorado.edu/11/environment/sristi

>2. NEW FSD METHODOLOGIES
>
>*Farming Systems Environmental Indicators*
>OECD is currently developing a set of national level agri-
>For more information, please contact Jennifer Green
>( [email-masked]).

>3.  NEW SYSTEMS

>*Peri-urban system research , Kumasi, northern Ghana*
>The Department for International Development (formerly ODA) and
>the Natural Resources Institute (NRI) are investigating the management
>of natural resources in Kumasi's peri-urban interface, considered to be
>
>6. FSD-RELATED NETWORKS
>
>*LSIRD network*
>The LSIRD network represents an European Union support for
>concerted action to co-ordinate research into livestock systems in
>less-favored European areas.
>Homepage: http://www.mluri.sari.ac.uk/~mi361/lsird.htm
>If you are interested, please subscribe at that website, or
>contact Jerry Laker ([email-masked])
>
>*FIDAMERICA InterCambio Electronic Forum*
>The forum includes information about past and ongoing electronic
>conferences and online databases. RIMISP and INFORUM, who
>initially set up the InterCambio Electronic Forum, are looking for
>other partners who are interested in becoming members of
>InterCambio or in using its services. For more information
>contact Julio Berdegue ([email-masked]).
>Website: http://www.intercambio.cl
>
>
>7. NEW PUBLICATIONS (Electronic or Print)
>
>*G. Shivakoti, G. Varughese, E. Ostrom, A. Shukla, G. Thapa (Eds.)
>(1997): People and Participation in Sustainable Development.
>Understanding the Dynamics of Natural Resource Systems.
>Proceedings of an International Conference, Bloomington/Rampur.
>9. THE FSD ELECTRONIC LIBRARY
>
>This Electronic Library has been set up and we have just
>begun the process of making available documents that can be
>retrieved by Email. Please refer to FSDnews No. 1 for details.
>
>11. EDITORS COMMENTS
>
>We sincerely hope that FSDnews turns out to be valuable to you
>the FSD practitioner. As editors we will do our best to keep it
>relevant and useful, but concise; like many of you we also suffer
>from information overload and we realize that the last thing
>that you want is an Email message coming in each month with
>information that is not useful or valuable. Please feel free to send
>in your comments and suggestions to the email address:
>
>[email-masked]
>
>Regards
>The FSDnews Editors
>John Dixon, Martin Maurer (for Anselm Duchrow)
>
> -------------------   THE END   --------------------
>
>