Subject: Ethics?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:26:36 -0800 (PST)

While I have not written the list much of late, I have been reading all the
posts that have come through.  One of the observations I have had is the
incongruity at times with a primary ethic of Permaculture; Care of People.
While the techical information exchanged is important and of interest, to
forget this important principle is a negation of that which makes
Permaculture unique. Aren't the cultural, human designs relevant?  Isn't
there a responsibility we have to examine what Care of People means whether
it is about community responses to what we are doing and who we are or how
we can further education towards the implementation of Permaculture systems
wherever people are in need of this? (Everywhere!)  People are people with
very real concerns and needs wherEVER they may be.  While certain of these
subjects may be a bit 'beaten to the ground' at times, it is an injustice to
the principles of Permaculture to deny the human element of sustainability
to be discussed. 
>Vicki Garland

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:04:46 -0500 (EST)

> the principles of Permaculture to deny the human element of sustainability

It would seem appropriate at this time to suggest that we utilize a new
discussion forum in the form of a permaculture-mg sister mailing list
focusing on permaculture and sustainable agriculture principles. 
I am making available an unmoderated mailing list just for this purpose, 
sustag-principles. It is available now; subscription instructions follow.

Those that primarily want discussion of hands-on permaculture technology 
can have their way in permaculture-mg; those that want to discuss the 
social, political, religious, cultural and legal issues related to
permaculture and sustainable agriculture can use sustag-principles. 
These guidelines are flexible, of course - I'm just suggesting a way we can 
make our conferences more useful to all who read and post to them.

As with permaculture-mg, sustag-principles is now processed, htmlized
and made accessable in an indexed, threaded, chronological archive in my
permaculture homepage.

The location of these resources is near the top of my permaculture 
homepage: http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html

If you want to add any of the appropriate URLs to your own webpage they are:

-begin-
 -----

<hr>
PERMACULTURE-MG, an international Permaculture (mailing list) discussion forum:
<li><a href="http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/permaculture1/maillist.html">Read recent posts in permaculture-mg  </a>  or  <a href="http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/">  archives of past posts</a> 
<li><a href="http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/pc-homepage/maillist.html">Read old posts in permaculture-mg  </a>  or  <a href="http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/">  archives of past posts</a> 
<li><a href="news:alt.sustainable.agriculture">Read recent permaculture-mg posts gated to the alt.sustainable.agriculture newsgroup</a> 
<li><a href="permaculture-mg-archives">Read or download permaculture-mg ftp archives</a>
<li><a href="permaculture/misc/permaculture-mg.usage">PERMACULTURE-MG mailing list USAGE</a>
<li><A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">Post to permaculture-mg</a>
<hr>
SUSTAG-PRINCIPLES, an international Sustainable Agriculture and Permaculture (mailing list) discussion forum:
<li><a href="http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/sustag-principles1/maillist.html">Read recent posts in sustag-principles</a>
<li><a href="permaculture/misc/sustag-principles.usage">SUSTAG-PRINCIPLES mailing list USAGE</a>
<li><A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">Post to sustag-principles</a>
<hr>

 ---
-end-

Send me any ideas, requests, suggestions or complaints :-) you may have.

Enjoy!

 Lawrence
-- 
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Venaura Farm - Chapel Hill, NC, USA
mailto:[email-masked]  http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
mailto:[email-masked]  http:nuteknet.com/london  Venaura Farm

(save this information to a file for future reference)
=============================================================================

sustag-principles mailing list USAGE:

TO SUBSCRIBE, send e-mail to [email-masked] 
   with the message:
   subscribe sustag-principles

TO UNSUBSCRIBE, send e-mail to [email-masked] with the message:
   unsubscribe sustag-principles

TO SEND A MESSAGE to everyone subscribed to the list, i.e. to submit 
   your article to the mailing list, send e-mail to:
   [email-masked]

TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION, on Almanac commands send e-mail
   to [email-masked] with the message:
         send guide
   The Almanac System Administrator for NCCES is:
   [email-masked]
-
If you have questions, requests, suggestions, problems of any sort
with the list or need help subscribing or unsubscribing contact 
Lawrence London at:

     [email-masked] or [email-masked]

=============================================================================