Subject: Soil Quality-Nutrition -- New Insights (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 00:25:05 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 11:32:00 -0500
From: Charles Benbrook <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Soil Quality-Nutrition -- New Insights

        Some folks from England ran into the PMAC web page and were in
touch, requesting we build a link to their page (done, see
www.pmac.net>>"IPM in the Field">>"Tools of the Trade" and click on new link
to "Missing Link," a supplier of biocontrol products.  Their site has a
fascinating discussion of the impact of biological life in the soil on food
quality and human health.  They explain the use of chromatographs to depict
patterns of biologically-active fractions in extracts of soil, fertilizers,
synthetic vitamins, and food grown using different ways.  While no one
understands fully the reasons behind the differences, it sure appears that
there are significant differences. Does anyone know of any person in the
U.S. applying this technique?

        Check it out: <http://www.treemail.nl/missinglink/introduc.htm>.

        BTW, more fascinating insights on ethylene biosynthesis and disease
suppressive soils from Dr. James Cook have been posted on PMAC web page.

                chuck

Charles Benbrook                         202-546-5089 (voice)
Benbrook Consulting Services             202-546-5028  (fax)
409 First Street S.E.                    [email-masked]   [e-mail]
Washington, D.C.  20003                  http://www.pmac.net