Subject: Re: Soil Health

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 10:40:41 -0500 (EST)

Right On, Thilo:

I have published a compendium of soil management methods suitable in
permaculture in the Soils issue of our journal, THE INTERNATIONAL
PERMACULTURE SOLUTIONS JOURNAL.  Email me privately for details on how to get
a copy.  It anticipates the criticism you report, though it was not written
for that purpose.  Moreover it unifies the various methods, e.g. Fukuoka,
double-digging, sheet mulching, etc., in a single set of principles common to
them all, enabling any reader to then hybridize systems without missing an
important element for soil helath.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
permaculture training by email. Copyright, 1996, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O.
Box 2052, Ocala FL 34478 USA  [email-masked]  

We don't have time to rush.

In a message dated 1/11/97 6:51:31 AM, [email-masked] (Thilo
Pfennig) wrote:

>>Some organic farmers in Britain are currently claiming that Permaculture
>>does not work so hard on soil health as conventional organic methods. I
>>would love some examples and references to dispute this with. Cool
>>temperate examples would be best.PC Mag
>
>
>This is stupid, because PC is not just another organic method. It is mostly
>a design-concept. So you can design with PC and work with "conventional
>organic methods" as well.
>
>--
><mailto:[email-masked]>