Subject: Re: internship

From: LEE CHRISTINE H <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 14:30:59 -0700 (MST)

Announcing:

Spring 1997 PERMACULTURE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (Boulder, Colorado area)

A comprehensive introduction to the art of Permaculture, this four-month
pilot program combines classroom design work with practical on-the-ground
projects at a local farm and in the mountains.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
*33 hours of classroom instruction in Permaculture Design at the Naropa
Institute in Boulder, Colorado.
*Practical hands-on work projects one day a week at Gabriel Farm and in
the mountains.
*Comprehensive group design project.
*Optional one-day workshops on special topics.
*Certificatioon in Permaculture Design.

CLASSROOM TOPICS:
*Permaculture design principles, site observation and analysis, high
altitude srategies, garden planning, polyculture, integrated pest
management, solar design, greenhouse design and management, appropriate
technology, building community, design exercises, group design project.

WORK PROJECTS:
*At Gabriel Farm: garden plan, seed selection, soil blocks, bedding
plants, soil conditioning, transplanting, direct seeding, cultivation,
watering, harvesting; integrated desgin for the Farm; adding beekeeping,
chickens, a coop, water catchment and a polyculture windbreak to the
system.
*In the Mountains: environmental restoration, terracing, creating soil,
planting berry bushes.

COURSE DATES: 
*Classroom instruction: Wednesdays, 6-9 PM, Feb.19th thru April 23rd.
*Field trip: Saturday, April 12th, 9AM-noon.
*Hands-on work day: Fridays, 9AM-3PM, March 21st thru June 20th.
*Optional workshops: Some Saturdays.

PROGRAM COST:
*Registration (with $50 deposit) by January 31st- $500.00
				 after January 31st  - $550.00

FOR REGISTRATION OR MORE INFO, PLEASE CONTACT:
	
	Sandy Cruz
	HAPI (High Altitude Permaculture Institute)
	PO Box 238
	Ward, Colorado 80481
	(303)459-3494