Subject: Insurance companies

From: Victor Guest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:12:41 WST

Errors-To: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk
Lines: 17

From: Sandra Halpin <[email-masked]>

Hellow folks!

I guess I assumed Arne's message to me about the insurance companies was put
on the general conference, and it wasn't. Anyway, he's his message to me:

Just a quick note for future thinking picked up from Donna Attewell. Says
>she heard an NPR story the other night about "Reinsurance" companies that
>insure insurance companies. The story was that they have some $290 billion
>in insurance policies and that they now believe one major natural disaster
>could wipe them out. As a result they are starting to require companies to
>show they are making ecologically sound decisions before they will write
>policies. Sounds like an interesting opportunity. Donna said discussants
>were Dutch based and she will try to provide the specifics. 
>

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
[email-masked]                  11 Carew Place Greenwood 6024 
                ----: Sustainable Agriculture :----   Tel. (09) 2464674
--: The Land Management Society & The Permaculture Association:----
                 -----: Men Of The Trees :------
           ------: Revaluation Co-Counseling :------
                -----: AAEE  and Greenteach :-----