Subject: Re: Community Supported Agriculture Research (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 22:07:49 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 18:43:35 -0500
From: csana <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Community Supported Agriculture Research (fwd)

>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:01:45 -0500 (EST)
>From: Debra Agnello <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Community Supported Agriculture Research
>
>
>    My name is Debra Argentina.  I am a senior studying Environmental
>Education at Ramapo College of NJ. For the past five years, I have been
>coordinating activities at the Alternate Energy Center here on campus.
>The center consists of a solar schoolhouse, a greenhouse, an organic
>garden, composting area and hen house.  The focus of the center is on
>environmental education for campus students and younger students from
>off-campus.
>
>I am conducting research for a senior project on Community Supported
>Agriculture.  Any information you can send to me on the subject would be
>greatly appreciated.  If you run a CSA, could you possibly e-mail
>information on the size, location, years in operation, amount of
>subscribers, success, personal philosophy on farming and anything else you
>feel is relevant. If you have information that would be easier to send by
>regular mail, my address is:
>
>                        Debra Argentina
>                        343 Van Winkle Ave.
>                        Hawthorne, NJ  07506
>                               or [email-masked]
>I will quickly reimburse you for the postage paid by mail.
>
>Ramapo College is holding its Third Annual Mid-Atlantic
>Environmental Conference on Sustainable Communities "What Works?", on April
>18-20.  Some of our guest speakers will be Jerry Brown, former governor of
>CA, presenting the Agenda for a New Millenium; David Korten, author of
>When Corporations Rule the World; Don Edwards, Center for Justice and
>Sustainability; David Orr, author of Earth in Mind; Bob Swann and Susan
>Witt, E.F. Schumacher Society and many more.  If anyone is interested in
>attending, please call the Environmental Institute office at Ramapo
>College
>of NJ,201-529-7742

Dear Debra,

I am including a couple of things we can offer you.
        1) our resource list
        2) CSA ideals
        3)list of CSA farms in NJ

We will have a detailed list of all CSAs in North America by early summer
and you could order that in June.  Additionally, I will mail you a copy of
our bibliograpy.

Good luck,

Elizabeth Keen
CSA of North America
57 Jugend Road
Great Barrington, MA 01230
413-528-4374

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:01:26 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:00:37 -0500 (EST)
From: steve bonney <[email-masked]>

I am wanting to know if you have any listings for CSA farms in Indiana. We 
work closely with Earthcraft Farm, but do not have any confirmation on 
others in the state. Can you help?

Thanks,
Steve Bonney, President
Indiana Sustainable Agriculture Association
100 Georgton Ct.
W. Lafayette IN 47906
(317) 463-9366, fax (317) 497-0164
email [email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:46:19 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:40:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Brad Klepetka <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Community Supported Agriculture Research (fwd)
[text deleted]
My purposes are 2 fold.  1. i work w/ a group trying to promote 
sustainable
food use and policy (sort of a political arm of sustainable ag/organics)
and we are trying to promote csa's through our web site (would be very
interested in what csa's you have for WA (Seattle area).  2. i am a grad
student who wants to use ecological theory to advance the productivity of
organic methods, so am looking to gain all knowledge i can about
organics/csa's along w/ build a list of potential places to do research (i
want to do on farm research so that i incorporate all the 'stuff' that
goes into real production)

thanks much,

Brad Klepetka

206/685-6893

University of Washington
Department of Zoology
Box 351800
Seattle, WA 98l95-1800