Subject: The Permaculturist's Bookshelf: Water Bioengineering

From: [email-masked] (Steve Diver)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 12:00:52 -0600 (CST)

Patricial Ledlie Bookseller, Inc. carries a huge collection
of books on conservation biology.  They carry many of the classic 
reference works you will only find in a university library. Topics 
such as: 

 * ecosystems-landscape ecology-ecological restoration
 * neotropics
 * birds 
 * botany
 * fish-amphibians-reptiles
 * insects-invertebrates
 * mammals 

The Fall Catalog No. 66 listed one title of particular 
interest for The Permaculturist's Bookshelf: 

1.
Water Bioengineering Techniques by H.M. Schiechtl.  1996. 
Blackwell Science.  256 p.  
  "This book explores the many ways in which vegetation 
   can be used to protect and stablize riverbanks, streams,
   and lakeshores." 

Cost is $70, due for release in early 1997. 

Patricia Ledlie Bookseller, Inc.
One Bean Road, P.O. Box 90
Buckfield, Maine  04220
Tel:   207-336-2960
Fax:   207-336-2778
Email: [email-masked]
http://www.booknotes.com/ledlie/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 07:47:20 -0500

With all respect to Steve Diver and the very good work he does, I'd like
someone to explain why people who contribute free consulting to others on the
list get flamed for mentioning that they have books to sell why this listing,
far more extensive than anyone of us has offered, gets by ok. 

I think the information is useful.  Thank you Steve.  My objection that a
contributor to the list, I don't have equal rights to list at some infrequent
basis the publications that I offer, tool.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now permaculture
training in an email classroom. Copyright, 1996, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway.
[email-masked]  P.O. 2025, Ocala FL 3447-2025 USA.

We don't have time to rush.
In a message dated 11/7/96 1:08:05 PM, [email-masked] (Steve Diver)
wrote:

<<Patricial Ledlie Bookseller, Inc. carries a huge collection
of books on conservation biology.  They carry many of the classic 
reference works you will only find in a university library. Topics 
such as: 
snip<<

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now permaculture
training in an email classroom. Copyright, 1996, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway.
[email-masked]  P.O. 2025, Ocala FL 3447-2025 USA.

We don't have time to rush.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 07:47:20 -0500