Subject: (no subject)

From: "Clarence W. Walker Phone/Fax 1-770-392-1313" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:18:47 -0800

I have only recently discovered the "science" of biointensive
agriculture (used because I know of no other proper term for this area
of holistically approached composting, soil management, and plant growth
that involves all sound and tested uses of microflora and fauna along
with organic, composting, french intensive, vermiculture and other
techniques).

For over thiry years I have subscribed to my own techniques and ideas
but only recently noticed them being addressed professionally. I am now
extremely interested in developing a more professional and applied
understanding of applied methodologies that include well thought out,
safe, practical,and scientific/agricultural engineering techniques and
procedural methodologies from A to Z in terms of organic waste
utilization, composting, applied microbiologicals at all appropriate
phases and for purposes such as more rapid conversion, more thorough
conversion of difficult organics, nitrogen fixation, ammonia conversion,
etc. in composting and in soil innoculation.

In short, I have no false impression that I could become an overnight
soil scientist at 46 but I do have a strong interest in any  APPLIED
systems, information, products,or equipment associated with soil, mulch,
tilth, and composting processes...especially when a synergy can be
achieved to utilize industrial, residential, commercial, municipal, and
agricultural organic wastes.

Having just returned from a four day seminar in sustainable agriculture
I was disappointed at how little is available here in the U.S. whether
in terms of information,  proven products, or even in U.S. made
machinery that assists in composting mechanization, management, control,
automation or materials handling.

Should you know of any available literature or sources of
information on any of these topics, please consider me your all too
willing sponge... waiting to absorb all that is available!

Likewise, should you know of any sources for a variety of starters or
innoculant cultures or other microflora and fauna for the many aspects
or phases of composting/soil development/farming/waste processing I
would
certainly appreciate receiving information and /or samples.  

LASTLY, I have located a source of granite dust that is a derivative of
georgia granite (stone mountain) quarrying operations that I would like
to use in composting as a rock phosphate.....Is there anyone that could
specify a range of acceptable grid sizes that would allow the minerals
to be accessable and broken down.

Thanks for any and all feeding!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS
-- 
Industrial - Commercial - Municipal - Agricultural - Community 
Waste Processing - Consulting Marketing & Distribution Services
7500 Spalding Lane, Atlanta, Georgia 30350 Ph/Fax 770-392-1313