Subject: CSA Position Announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 20:54:17 -0400

Job Title: Executive Director 
The Committee for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA), a 501(c) 3 non-profit
organization, is conducting a nationwide search for a dynamic and innovative
individual to become our next Executive Director. The position demands
excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated success in
fundraising and outreach, program management and policy development.  The
applicant should have a strong working knowledge of sustainable agriculture,
excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience in managing a
small staff with the ability to work with a diverse Board of Directors.
Previous non-profit experience is a plus. Computer competency with literacy
in word, database, and finance applications with both Macintosh and PC is
desirable. 
Compensation is $35,000 to 40,000+/year full time equivalent, plus benefits,
incentives. A detailed job description is available upon request. The CSA
office is located in Watsonville, California. To be considered for the
position, please send a cover letter, a resume, four current references, and
sample of a successfully funded grant proposal to: CSA ED Hiring Committee,
PO Box 2371, Davis, CA 95616; Fax (916) 756-7363 The deadline for
applications is August 31, 1996. Starting date no later than September 30,
1996.