Subject: practical use for snails?

From: Martha Hills <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 17:41:59 +1000

>Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:30:59 +1000
>From: Adam Mark <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Organization: School of Anatomy, The University of New South Wales
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: practical use for snails?
>
>I've been doing the snail pail trail around the garden for years now and
>have hand picked and discarded x number of hundreds? I don't even
>particularly mind doing this.What I do mind is the bucket of dead and
>SMELLY snails. Does anyone know anything that snails or snail shells
>could be used for (other than food) I haven't been putting them on the
>compost as I heard somewhere they are not suitable, but they must be
>suitable for something other than a big hole in the ground.
>
I usually stomp on them at the time.  It's a quicker death for them,
and I hope the ants haul away the leftovers.  After stepping on them,
though, I can't imagine eating them.  One other tactic has been
to clean up places where they hold their conventions; if fewer are born,
there are fewer for me to deal with. Someone else can probably comment
on animals that will eat snails.  That's my next step.

Onward, Martha

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Martha R. Hills
Coordinator, Authority work           The secret of all victory
Corporate Information Management      lies in the organization
CSIRO Australia                       of the non-obvious.

Email:  [email-masked]
Telephone:  + (0)3 9518 5941
Fax:        + (0)3 9518 5959
Mail: Locked Bag 89, Clayton South VIC Australia 3169

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++