Subject: Vancouver Permaculture Network Events

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 1996 20:16:36 PDT

Please Post, and Please Forward to Friends

         VANCOUVER PERMACULTURE NETWORK EVENTS: 1996

Permaculture: A word coined by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren
from Permanent and Culture because no culture can be sustainable
with out a permanent agriculture system. A typical permaculture
site is biodiverse, has mainly perennials and tree crops in a
natralistic design. Usually it is a no till system using mulch.
And it does not have: chemical pesticides, herbicides or
fertilizer.  Typically these systems are low labour.

FEB 24    Seedy Saturday is a seed exchange of heritage seeds and
          open pollinated seeds and there is lectures all day as
          well @ VanDusen Gardens: Visit our Booth.
          Potluck dinner @ Strathcona Community Centre
          afterwards.

FEB 25    HERBS AND MEDICINAL PLANTS IN PERMACULTURE with Greg
          Lamoureaux: Culinary and Medicinal Herbs, propagation
          Techniques, Herb Resources, Hands on: Build a
          permaculture herb spiral.

MARCH 2   GROWING AND WILDCRAFTING MEDICINAL HERBS with Michael
          Pilarski, Linda Quintana & Suzanne Nagler in Ferndale,
          WA.  Contact Linda @ 360-733-0517

MARCH 9   GET WILD - PLANTS IN YOUR GARDEN with Peter Light and
          Mishtu Bannerji.  More than companion planting: Guilds
          top 10 most useful and edible native plants,
          identification, culture and seed propagation
          techniques.  Start your own micro nursery of native
          edibles.  Vegetarian Potluck Dinner

MAY 4     PLANNING AND DEVELOPING A PUBLIC PERMACULTURE GARDEN
          with Oliver Kellhammer :  This is a must for alotment
          garden activists.

MAY 18    URBAN PERMACULTURE DESIGN with Michael Pilarski
          A quick review of Permaculture Principles and design
          techniques. Also, design a team an urban house and
          garden.

AUGUST    URBAN WILD SALAD WALK AND USEFUL PLANT IDENTIFICATION

SEPTEMBER MAPPING FOOD RESOURCES IN VANCOUVER

REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR WORKSHOPS, PLEASE PHONE
          HAROLD WALDOCK: 874 0161  SIOBHAN RYAN:  873 4335
          email:  [email-masked]

FOR THOSE WISHING TO VOLUNTEER SOME TIME AND TALENT, PLEASE PHONE
          CABOT LYFORD:  873 4204 email: [email-masked]