Subject: Luebke Seminars: CMC Compost & Humus Mgm't (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 12:05:40 -0400 (EDT)

------------------------------------------------------------
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - [email-masked] 
    Protect the environment from the 104th Congress:
    ftp://pinsight.com/pub/rlanger/
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/The_Sustainable_Farmstead.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.faq
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/sunSITE-PC-mailarchive
------------------------------------------------------------
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 10:09:48 -0500 (CDT)
From: Steve Diver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Luebke Seminars: CMC Compost & Humus Mgm't

Sustainable Aggies & Farmers: 

The following announcement is posted for your information.

*         *         *         *         *         *

============================================================
Luebke Seminars, Fall 1995
============================================================

CMC Compost and Humus Management seminars will be held in the
United States again this fall in two locations:  Pennsylvania 
and California.  The courses will be taught by Uta Luebke, 
Angelika Luebke, and Urs Hildebrandt of Austria.  The Luebkes 
manage an organic vegetable/dairy sheep farm and developed the 
Controlled Microbial Composting (CMC) technique through years 
of on-farm research.

CMC may be defined as an intensive methodology of efficiently 
producing a consistent, high-quality aerobic compost.  Humus
management is the systematic program of incorporating these
biologically-active composts, along with specific green
manuring and tillage techniques, to quickly and effectively
re-establish nutrient & carbon cycling, storage capacity,
tilth, and microbial activity to the soil. 

=============================================================
CMC Humus Management Course
=============================================================
Course Topics: 

Overview of integrated soil building techniques such as green
manuring, tillage, composting, and crop rotations.  Slides
of farm soils, research, and microphotography of the
clay-humus crumb will clearly show the importance of microbial 
activity in soil, and also, how to manage soils with composts 
and green manures treated with microbial inoculants.  Introduction 
to circular chromatography, colorimetric humus test, lab 
procedures, and interpretation of soil chromas, organic
matter, and humus content. 

Schedule & Location: 

Lancaster, PA       November 9-11 

Hollister, CA       November 27-29
                         and
                    November 30-December 2

*  The first day can also be attended as a single lecture

=============================================================
CMC Composting Course
=============================================================
Course Topics:

Compost site & materials selection, construction and monitoring
of windrows using the Controlled Microbial Composting method,
correction and balancing of moisture, structure and C/N factors,
testing compost for finishedness, compost quality assessment and
use.  This is a "hands on" composting class, revolving
around on-site building and monitoring of compost windrows.

Schedule & Location:

Lancaster, PA       November 13-16

Hollister, CA       December 4-9
                        and
                    December 11-16

=============================================================
Information and registration
=============================================================
East Coast:
     Autrusa Compost Consulting
     P.O. Box 1133
     Blue Bell, PA  19422
     (610) 825-2973
     (610) 825-3982 Fax

West Coast:
     Herbert Ranch
     P.O. Box 65
     Hollister, CA  95024
     (408) 637-5517
     (408) 637-0139 Fax