Subject: What is all this?

From: [email-masked] (Gil Hardwick)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 1995 08:53:30

What is all this? The New Revived, Antipodean Permaculture Missionary
Society? 

The primary admonition of Permaculture is to go home and tend your
own garden, NOT go off somewhere else telling somebody else how to
tend theirs.

Some of the people apparently involved in this are at the most hostile
and egregious odds with country Permaculture people here in Western
Australia, who object to that crowd of hysterical do-gooders coming
down from the city telling them how to run their farms, who object to
being used and exploited to do all the design work as well as all the
labouring, by these same Wannabe Permie Notables who in fact source
their money from city based business enterprises to buy up farming
properties cheaply in the wake of rural recession, who lack the most
basic farming skills of their own, and who use membership funds not
to serve their constituency but to go off interstate and overseas
big-noting themselves and winning awards telling even more people
what to do and how to do it than ever before. 

These brave, bold women walking into the dragon's mouth alone? They
are just plain loopy! Fruit loopy nuts! Going off now to tell Chinese
peasants how to grow ginger, for Christ's sake!

There is no problem to start with, beyond this very same blithering
nonsense we have all been forced to endure for generations here in
Australia. Instead of the people who depend on it themselves taking
control of their own land, and their own lives into the bargain, all
we are now getting out of this Global Permaculture Movement are ever
more Evangelical bloody missionaries pissing everyone off all over
again! 

I have a Permaculture Design Certificate of my own and work out here
on-farm actually doing it. The people out here are the ones Mollison
himself has written about in the Design Manual, who were appointed by
him years ago to teach Permaculture, but since then have been shoved
aside and ridiculed by this present crowd of usurpers, half of whom
haven't even got past their introduction to the suburban back yard.

They can be named here, were it not for their constant screaming abuse
and threats of action for defamation the moment anybody sticks their
head up to speak the truth about what is going on. No matter, enough
that the other side of the coin is revealed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Pests] are only there to attack what should be attacked because it
doesn't belong in nature. We see that nature is so organised that it
sends creatures in huge multiplicity to where something should be
got rid of.                                          Alex Podolinski