Subject: Permacultural Adventures in New Zealand

From: Susan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 21:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

HOW ABOUT AN ENLIGHTENED ADVENTURE IN NEW ZEALAND?

Doug Bullock is a friend of mine, and a renowned authority on sustainable
living and permaculture.  He is looking for a few people to join him for a
special adventure in New Zealand.  He will be traveling there in 1995-96,
and is offering to serve as a guide and travel companion for individuals
or small groups who would like to explore some of the country's most
magical places.  He can advise you about buying land there, too.  Don't
be suspicious, because this isn't some big commercial deal or a come-on
for a tour.  This is a unique opportunity.  Doug simply needs to offset
the cost of his own trip, so he is willing to share his knowledge and
contacts in exchange for a moderate guide/consultant's fee.

YOU CAN CHOOSE THE ACTIVITIES YOU LIKE MOST.

If you decide to join him, Doug will work with you to develop an itinerary
that suits your interests.  He can draw on his local knowledge and
resources to arrange a tremendous variety of activities, including:

-  Farmstays on organic, biodynamic and permaculture farms.
-  Agricultural work-trade experiences.
-  Visits to intentional communities.
-  Guided explorations of the country's wilderness and rural areas.
-  Outdoor adventures (kayaking, windsurfing, hiking, rafting, etc.)
-  High-quality, low-budget touring.
-  Getting to know locals who share your interest in sustainable culture,
   building community and living in harmony with the natural world.

YOU CAN GET THE LOWDOWN ON LAND, TOO.

If you are tempted by the quality of life in New Zealand, you can take
advantage of Doug's experience as a landowner and resident there.  He has
served as a buyer's consultant, and can facilitate ownership of New
Zealand agricultural land.  Doug can help you evaluate real estate and
provide on-the-spot advice about the agricultural potential of specific
properties.

YOU'LL TRAVEL WITH A CELEBRATED ADVOCATE OF BALANCED LIVING.

Here's a little background on Doug.  He's a world-traveled horticulturist
and permaculture farmer with an encyclopedic knowledge of edible and
useful plants and their cultivation.  He lived for several years in New
Zealand, where he still legally holds permanent resident status.  While
there, he worked on his own agriculture projects, and also assisted the
New Zealand Department of Conservation.  Prior to that he was resident in
Hawaii, where he was an instrumental leader in a nonprofit organization
which actively promoted sustainable agriculture.

Doug now shares a homestead with his two brothers on Orcas Island in
Washington State, where for over 13 years they have applied the principles
of permaculture to realize their unique vision of abundance and
sustainable human life on earth.  Their farm has become one of the most
renowned permaculture sites in the region, and was featured in "The Global
Gardener," a widely broadcast series of videotapes created by Bill
Mollison, the undisputed fountainhead of permaculture worldwide.  The
Bullocks' place was also covered at length in Issue #50 of Permaculture
International Journal. 

With his brothers and their many contacts from around the world, Doug
leads workshops, courses and informal training in sustainable agriculture
and related fields of knowledge.  He is dedicated to helping people learn
how to exist happily in an easy and balanced relationship with the Earth.

WHAT TO DO NEXT?  GET IN TOUCH!

Don't be put off by the awesome credentials.  Doug is a relaxed and
good-natured person, who's energetic but balanced, and he'll make a great
traveling companion.  If you're interested in seeing New Zealand with
Doug, e-mail me right away, or call him directly at (360) 376-2071.

=========================================================================
Susan E Johnston - Flying Fish Private Expeditions Inc - [email-masked]
                         Have a defining moment.
=========================================================================