Subject: strychnine

From: Matt Kovacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 11:44:06 GMT+1000

Can anybody help me ? The QLD government has just passed an urgent 
amendment allowing the crop farmers to aerial spray strychnine on 
to crops, thus protecting them from the - yet again - mouse plague.
What can I do besides faxing the government and telling them their a 
bunch of cretons ?

As an aside, I'm after any Fukuoka publications - any one got any 
spare ?

One more, I was at the 5th Int PC Copenhagen, and would really like a 
copy of the proceedings, can anyone help ? I'm currently at the Dept. 
of Botany, University of Queensland. 

mellow mulching,
Matthew Kovacs
Botany dept.
Univ. of Queensland
Australia.
[email-masked].

---

From: Emanuele John Gelsi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 15:30:48 +1000 (GMT+1000)

dear Matt, 
	  the only thing I can think of about an alternative to stricnine 
is looking at the cause of the mouse plague or at increasing the presence 
of possible predators, eg cats, kookaburras (?) and other birds. Or maybe 
decresing the mice's sources of food by making them more inaccessible. 
	Besides that I don't know (I'm only a sociologist after all). 

Besides this what was Copenhagen like?

Emanuele John Gelsi
Dept of Anthropology and Sociology
Uni of Queensland (!)