Subject: Marketing book for farmers (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 22:37:11 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 14:44:00 +0000
From: Eric Gibson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Marketing book for farmers

New World Publishing
Eric & Andrea Gibson
3085 Sheridan St.
Placerville, CA 95667
(916) 622-2248

        NEWS RELEASE

Release At Will

        As the most comprehensive book to date on the subject of high-value
marketing of fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs, Sell What You Sow! The
Grower's Guide To Successful Produce Marketing, by Eric Gibson, offers
farmers and market gardeners practical, how-to guidance in making a living
from the land. According to U.C. Davis Small Farm Center specialist David
Visher, "This is the best book to date about the alternative marketing
options available to farmers."
        Enhanced with real-life anecdotes and examples from master
marketers around the country, the 304-page book contains 32 chapters,
several appendices, and a 425-listing Resources section. The Foreword is by
Howard "Bud" Kerr, director of the USDA Office For Small-Scale Agriculture.
Topics covered include marketing plans; selecting crops for maximum return;
selling through farmers' markets, restaurants, roadside markets,
pick-your-own operations, rural recreation farms, subscription farming,
mail-order and retail outlets; selling through specialty wholesale
channels; processed products; customer service; merchandising; pricing
strategies; rules, regulations and insurance; as well as promotion and
advertising.
        To order the book, send $25 postpaid to New World Publishing, 3085
Sheridan St., Ste. 111, Placerville, CA 95667; For a free brochure or for
credit card orders, call (916) 622-2248. (California residents add $1.63
state sales tax.) Bulk order discount schedules are available.

        ####

Attn: Editors
RELEASE AT WILL

FREE MARKETING TIPSHEET

        A free publication is available from New World Publishing called
The Hot 50 Farm Marketing Tips. The 6-page pamphlet contains 50 of the best
marketing tips from the widely acclaimed book, Sell What You Sow! The
Grower's Guide To Successful Produce Marketing. Subjects include direct
marketing, selling through grocery stores, restaurants and wholesale
channels, merchandising, customer service, promotion and advertising. The
tipsheet may be used as a source of new marketing ideas as well as a
checklist to see if you are doing all that you can to promote your farm
products.
        To order your free copy of The Hot 50 Farm Marketing Tips, write to
New World Publishing, 3085 Sheridan St., Ste. #111, Placerville, CA 95667.
Please include $2 for shipping and handling.

ATTENTION EDITORS: If you would like to obtain a sample copy of The Hot 50
Marketing Tips to use as marketing-tip fillers for your publication, please
contact New World Publishing at the above address.

Eric Gibson
New World Publishing
3085 Sheridan St.
Placerville, CA 95667
(916) 622-2248
email: [email-masked]
Author/Publisher of Sell What You Sow! The Grower's Guide To Successful
Produce Marketing