Subject: Permaculture-newsgroup

From: [email-masked] (Thilo Pfennig)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 23:06:52 +0100

I created a hierarchie supporting espects of the idea of "one world" called
the One World Net. In that I set up a newsgroup own.eco.permaculture
(whereby eco means ecology as well as economy). The rules for own.* are the
same as for all alternative hierarchies. here is a list:

own.answers             FAQS,etc. <[email-masked]> (Moderated)
own.buddhism            Buddha, Dharma, Sangha
own.eco.lets            Local Exchange Trading Systems
own.eco.permaculture    Permanent (Agri)culture
own.general             general discussion about the "One World Net"
own.health.aromatherapy essential oils,etc.
own.health.bach_flowers Dr.Edward Bachs Flower
own.health.herbs        Herbs from A-Z
own.health.homoeopathy  Samuel Hahnemann's System
own.health.misc         this and that
own.health.reiki        Dr.Usui's System
own.music               rythms & rhymes
own.natives             native people
own.news.announce       Announces <[email-masked]> (Moderated)
own.news.groups         talk about newsgroups
own.rainbow             The Rainbow Family
own.talk                need a good talker?
own.tibet.misc          about the country Tibet
own.tibet.wtn           World Tibet News <[email-masked]>
(Moderated)

As you see, there is also a group for local exchange trading systems. I
hope we can get this thing going! The newsserver at "thur.de" will
distribute it publically. Please help yourself!

BTW: I also informed the man behind [email-masked]. He replied:

>Honestly, except for the Tibet issue, I think it is not really
>contributing anything.  It is duplicative with some existing groups
>and where it isn't there is no reason those groups can't be created
>in the mainstream hierarchies, where they would be available to more
>people.
>
>Nonetheless, I have noted the moderator addresses.

I think he might be right, if our goal would be the biggest availability.
But I think this net could stand for an integration of very different
technics and thinkings in order to create a sustainable world.

For instance I know a paper of a reiki-foundation in germany that wants to
support permaculture and other things, which they think might guarantee ,
that we could have a future.

See also: http://www.kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Thilo.Pfennig/own.html (that
should be updated, I gave up the idea to restrict own to german-speaking
people/communities) Please contribute!

--
[email-masked] ,Tel.0431/92451,24116 Kiel, Goethestr.3
http://www.kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Thilo.Pfennig/