Subject: permaculture sites

From: "Gruver, Joel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 95 18:18:00 PDT

Hello to all !
Do any directories exist for sites (that welcome visitors ) with established 
permaculture plantings ?
The lists of shade tolerant/salt tolerant/multiple use/nitrogen 
fixing/edible landscaping...etc... plants that are found in all permaculture 
books are interesting to look at, as are the diagrams of integrated 
chicken/rabbit/aquaculture systems... but as I continue to hear about all 
the nomadic permaculture teachers... I start to wonder just where are the 
established permaculture plantings and who is taking care of them.

If a directory of established permaculture sites does not exist or one that 
includes the U.S. does not exist... we should compile one.
Look forward to comments ...
Joel
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Gil Hardwick)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 19:10:10

>Look forward to comments ...

There are a lot of sites around here you should look at, although I
doubt very much that any would want them listed in a directory. Far
too much rampancy and not enough productivity, from my observations.

I am coming to wonder often these days whether we ought to include
some discussion of good ol' Okkam's Razor in every Design Course. The
MINIMUM number of elements sufficient to complete the theory, and all
that . . . 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next person they spied was a bandicoot carrying a watermelon. At
first glance you would have thought it was merely a watermelon walking
by itself, but a second glance would have shown you that the walking
was being done by a small pair of legs attached to the watermelon, and
a third glance would have disclosed that the legs were atteched to a
bandicoot.                           Norman Lindsay, The Magic Pudding