Subject: Re: design courses

From: [email-masked] (carmela leone)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 05:42:44 +1100

Jeff!

You think I would know my own URL! (I'm so embarassed) Sorry for the
inconvenience. 

'Permaculture is a design system for creating sustainable human
environments' is one of Bill Mollison's definitions.

Carmela
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 10:43 AM 11/9/95 -0800, Jeff Jacobsen wrote:
>Thanks Carmela,
>
>Now I need some time to read the info.  Your definition seems to boil 
>down to a systems apporach.  Look at the whole picture and all the 
>interactions before messing with it.  Life is not just a sequence of 
>cause and effects.  But before I say much more, I'm going to take some 
>time this weekend and read your stuff a bit closer.  What I really trying 
>to do is zero in on what is unique about permaculture and what 
>ideas/patterns are common to other systems of thought. I suspect many of 
>us take a  permaculture approach without calling it that.
>
>BTW  The correct URL for Carmela's web page is  
>http://www.ozonline.com.au/permaculture/index.html
>
>
>
>Jeff Jacobsen		[email-masked]  
>
>On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, carmela leone wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>> 
>> If I may take this opportunity to shamelessly 'plug' my Home Page...
>> 
>> http://www.ozonline.permaculture/index.html
>> 
>> ...look at my Design project - using David Holmgren's principles, my project
>> is titled 'Permaculture Principles applied towards developing a sustainable
>> family unit'. 
>> 
>> If you look at my approach you'll see that I use observation of patterns as
>> a basis for my design. 
>> 
>> Carmela
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> At 03:04 PM 11/8/95 -0800, Jeff Jacobsen wrote:
>> >Along these same lines, could someone review the basic principles upon 
>> >which permaculture is based. If I recall correctly these principles are 
>> >applicable to areas other than agriculuture.  Or, another take might be 
>> >to try to abstract some of the recurring patterns that are essential to 
>> >permaculture.  
>> >
>> >
>
>
              
              ************************************************************
               'The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, 
                   but the cultivation and perfection of human beings'.   
                    Masanobu Fukuoka - 'The One-Straw Revolution'
                                ***************
                                 Carmela Leone
                          Email: [email-masked]
         Home Page: http://www.ozonline.com.au/permaculture/index.html

                          ******************************

---

From: Jeff Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 14:16:48 -0800 (PST)

> environments' is one of Bill Mollison's definitions.

How is it different from the sustainable agriculture movement?
What elements make it permaculture, rather that sust. ag., bio dynamic, etc.?

Jeff Jacobsen