Subject: SAN CALENDAR: March, 1995 (fwd) [Permaculture Events]

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 21:19:11 -0500 (EST)

[Permaculture or permaculture-related events list]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 13:17:28 -0600 (CST)
>From: Gabriel A Hegyes <[email-masked]>
To: SANET-mg <[email-masked]>
Subject: SAN CALENDAR: March, 1995

CALENDAR OF SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE EVENTS 
SARE/ACE CALENDAR FOR FY 1995
Sponsored by the Sustainable Agriculture Network  
* Events added since last edition

March 21-22, 1995
April 1-14, 1995
*Event:   Third Annual Permaculture Design Course
Place:    Heartwood Institute, Garberville, CA
Contact:  Donna King, Island Mountain Institute.  Phone:          
          (707) 923-4301

April 8-9, 1995
*Event:   "Creating Your Natural Edible Landscape and Gardens" (a
          permaculture workshop)
Place:    Glen Rock, PA
Contact:  Spoutwood Farm, Dept. P1, Rd. 3, Box 66, Glen Rock, Pa 
          17327.  Phone (717) 235-6610

April 21-May 4, 1995
*Event:   Permaculture Design Course
Place:    Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Glen Rose, TX
Contact:  Fossil Rim, P.O. Box 2189, Glen Rose, TX 76043.  Phone: 
          (817) 897-2960

April 29-30, 1995
*Event:   Beginning Organic and Biodynamic Gardening Workshop
Place:    Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, W2493 County
          Road ES, East Troy, WI  53120
Contact:  Gail Kahovic at MFAI.  Phone:  (414) 642-3303

May 20-June 3, 1995
*Event:   Permaculture Certification Course (with Bill Mollison
          and Scott Pittman)
Place:    La Tierra Community, Sebastopol, CA
Contact:  La Tierra, 708 Gravenstein Hwy. N., #120, Sebastopol,
          CA  95472.  Phone:  (707) 829-8191.  E-mail:
          [email-masked]

June 19-30, 1995
Event:    An International Training Program in New Crops:        
          Aromatic and Medicinal Plants
Place:    Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Contact:  Tom Robertson, ATTN:  International Training Program in
          Aromatic and Medicinal Plants, Continuing Education,   
          Purdue University, 1586 Stewart Center, West Lafayette,
          IN  47907-1586.   Phone:  (317) 494-7220.  
          FAX:  (317) 494-0567.

July 2-16, 1995
Event:    Permaculture Design Course:  A two-week intensive in
          sustainable systems design
Place:    Shades of Harmony Farm, Kingston, Nova Scotia     
Contact:  Institute for Bioregional Studies, 449 University Ave.,
          Suite 126, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
          C1A 8K3.  Phone:  (902) 892-9578. Or  Michael Pilarski
          c/o Friends of the Trees Society PO Box 1064 Tonasket,
          Washington 98855. Phone/FAX: (509) 485-2705

July 6-20, 1995
Event:    A two-week intensive in sustainable systems design
Place:    Shades of Harmony Farm, Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:  For more information send $5.00 to the Institute for   
          Bioregional Studies, 449 University Ave., Suite 126,   
          Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 8K3.   
          (902) 892-9578

July 20-24, 1995
Event:    "Restoration Ecology:  Reconstructing Sustainable
          Communities"  
Place:    Shades of Harmony Farm, Kingston, Nova Scotia     
Contact:  Institute for Bioregional Studies, 449 University Ave.,
          Suite 126, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
          C1A 8K3. 
          Phone:  (902) 892-9578. Or  Michael Pilarski c/o
          Friends of the Trees Society PO Box 1064          
          Tonasket, Washington 98855. Phone/FAX: (509) 485-2705

July 22-28, 1995.
Event:    Fuzzyness, Agriculture and Environment.  This is a good
          opportunity for fuzzy people interested in environment
          and agriculture subjects, to meet and to exchange      
          ideas.  We are interested in organizing special        
          sessions on both environment and agriculture. If you
          are working on these subjects, you are invited to
          submit, by e-mail, a small abstract of your work.
Contact:  Marcelo T. Rochae, E-mail: [email-masked]
          Further information about IFSA'95 may be obtained at  
          the Internet address:                   
          //http/www.inpe.br/meetings/IFSA95/home.

July 23-29, 1995 
*Event:   The First International Conference on Multiple          
          Objective Decision Support Systems for Land, Water, and
          Environmental Management:  Concepts, Approaches and    
          Applications
Place:    The East West Center on the University of Hawaii's 
          campus Honolulu, Hawaii    
Contact:  Email:  [email-masked].  
          FAX: 808-956-6539.   Include your mailing address.
Sponsors: Organizers include the World Association of Soil and   
          Water Conservation (Pacific Region), the International
          Society on Multiple Criteria Decision 
          Making, the Soil and Water Conservation Society, the   
          East West Center, the Agricultural Research Service and
          Forest Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture,  
          and the University of Hawaii.

July 23-26, 1995
*Event:   The Fourth North American Agroforestry Conference:
          "Growing a Sustainable Future"
Place:    Red Lion Inn - Riverside, 2900 Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID 
          83714
Contact:  Dr. John Ehrenreich, Conference Chairman,  College of
          Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences, Washington State
          University, Pullman, WA  99164-6410.  Phone: (208) 885-
          7600,  FAX: (208) 885-6226.

July 27-30, 1995
*Event:    HERBS '95 
Place:    Chicago, IL
Contact:  IHA HERBS  95 Program Committee, 1202 Allanson Road, 
          Mundelein, IL  60060. FAX:  (708) 566-4580
Sponsor:  International Herb Association

July 28-30, 1995
Event:   "Coming Home:  Awakening Community Resourcefulness" 
Place:    Shades of Harmony Farm, Kingston, 
          Nova Scotia    
Contact:  Institute for Bioregional Studies, 449 University Ave.,
          Suite 126, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
          C1A 8K3.  Phone:  (902) 892-9578. Or  Michael Pilarski
          c/o Friends of the Trees Society PO Box 1064 Tonasket,
          Washington 98855.  Phone/FAX: (509) 485-2705.

August 11-13, 1995
*Event:   NOFA 21st Annual Summer Conference, "Organic Farming:
          Rooted in the Dirt".
Place:    Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
Contact:  Julie Rawson, 411 Sheldon Road, Barre, MA  01005. 
          Phone:  (508) 355-2853
Sponsor:  Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)

August 12, 1995
*Event:   PASA Summer Harvest Festival (Pennsylvania Association
          for Sustainable Agriculture)
Place:    Walnut Acres Organic Farms, Penns Creek, PA
Contact:  PASA, Box 419, Millheim, PA 16854.  Phone: (814) 349-
          9856

October 14-15, 1995
Event:    The Future Harvest Festival:  A sustainable
          agriculture/sustainable living fair
Place:    Carroll County Fairgrounds, Westminister, MD
Contact:  Marty Rice, Festival Coordinator, Maryland Organic Food
          and Farming Association. Phone:  (301) 371-4814,        
          FAX:  (301) 371-8923.

________________________________________________________________
If you would like us to include your events please send the event
name, place, contact, and sponsor, to Alternative Farming Systems
Information Center, ATTN: SAN Calendar, Room 304, National
Agricultural Library, 10301 Baltimore Boulevard, Beltsville,
Maryland 20705-2351.  FAX: (301) 504-6409. 
INTERNET:   [email-masked]