Subject: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT (APOLOGIES FOR CROSS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 20:45:37 -0400

POSTINGS)
Reply-to: [email-masked]
              ____________________________________
                       @@@@@     @@@@@
                       @@  @@      @
                       @@ @@       @
                       @@  @@      @
                       @@  @@    @@@@@

           Healthy Soil, Healthy Food, Healthy People

                       Rodale Institute
            611 Siegfriedale Rd., Kutztown, PA 19530
            Tel: (610) 683-1400  Fax: (610) 683-8548
              ____________________________________

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Socioeconomic Director

Rodale Institute (RI), located in Kutztown, Pennsylvania, seeks an
individual to fill the position of Socioeconomic Director of Global
Programs (SDGP).  The SDGP will work within a three-person management
unit to:

* ensure that social and economic issues are adequately addressed in
RI's global programs, especially issues related to gender and
community development;
* oversee the monitoring and evaluation of program results and
impacts;
* develop existing and new program initiatives and seek
opportunities to sustain these initiatives;
* represent RI in the public sphere as needed.

Rodale Institute's mission is to work with people worldwide to
achieve a regenerative food system that renews environmental and
human health.  The Institute's current activities are based upon a
model called the Regenerative Agriculture Resource Center (RARC) that
integrates applied research, education, and communication activities.
 Current RARC projects are implemented in the United States, Senegal,
Guatemala, and Russia.  The position is available in October, 1995.
The ideal candidate will possess:

* an advanced degree, preferably a doctorate or equivalent, in a
social science (includes anthropology, sociology, economics,
political science, education, etc.);
* fluency in a language/s other than English, preferably Spanish and
ideally French as well;
* administrative experience in the publicor pivate sector;
* supervisory experience in the workplace;
* expece in monitoring and evaluation;
* knowledge of and working experience with issues related to natural
resource management, both in the United States and overseas;
* demonstrated ability to communicate with administrators,
researchers, lay people, farmers, and everyone else;
* demonstrated capability in successfully attracting financial
resources for programmatic purposes;
* exceptional writing and public speaking skills;
* ability to travel outside the U.S. for periods of at least two
week duration, at least four times per year;
* knowledge and familiarity with computers and electronic
communication.
* legal resident status in the U.S. (this is a U.S.-based position);

Please send a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae by September
16, 1995 via postal or electronic mail to:

Jonathon Landeck
Director, Global Programs
Rodale Institute
611 Siegfriedale Road
Kutztown, PA  19530

email:          [email-masked]
tel:            (610) 683-1475