Subject: Sustainble Dev. Video Available

From: Colette DePhelps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 13:00:16 -0800

***ANNOUNCING***
**** SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT VIDEO ****

THE PROGRESS OF OUR DREAMS

Sustainability.  It is a term sweeping the country when dealing with
community development.  Alan AtKisson presents an overview of the trend
toward using "sustainability" -- linking economic, environmental, and social
well-being -- as a framework for community development.

In this 1 1/2 hour videotape, Mr. AtKisson introduces a comprehensive
picture of what sustainable development means both in theory and in
practice, drawing on examples from around the Pacific Northwest, the U.S.,
and the rest of the world.  Although the case examples discussed focus
primarily on community development, the assessment framework introduced can
also be used to assess the contributions individual projects, such as those
in agriculture and natural resources, make to the overall sustainability of
human and ecological systems.

Price: $25.

Please send a check, money order or purchase order to:

Bulletin Office
Cooperative Extension
Cooper publications Building
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-5912
509/335-2857

Make checks payable to Cooperative Extension Publications.
(postage and handling included in price)

Note publication number VT0070 on order.

For more information on the content of the program,  contact:

Colette DePhelps
Outreach Coordinator
Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6240
509/335-0183
FAX 509/335-6751
email:   [email-masked]