Subject: Course: Permaculture for Drylands (fwd)

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 23:22:00 -0400

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked] (Peter Bond)
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture
Subject: Course: Permaculture for Drylands
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:19:32 BST

Ruth Bond (my daughter) is running this course at the organic farm run
by her and her partner in the mountains of Southern Spain late
September:-

"Desertification is an increasingly serious problem in today‘s world,
caused by global climate changes and unsustainable land use practices
that render former agricultural land unusable. The man-made deserts
created ™ bald terrains scarred by erosion ™ are creeping outwards
and already have a firm foothold in Europe, covering much of Spain.
The loss of fertility and soil caused by desertification can be
reversed using land regeneration techniques, but is even better
prevented, and permaculture offers solutions and methods for both
approaches."

Eco-holidays, working holidays and WWOOF-ing are also on offer.

Please ask me directly for further details.

I have only just discovered this group (finding oneself on the
Internet! :- ) ) : and if this is too much advertisement and not
enough news, please accept my humble apologies.

-- Peter Bond                             [email-masked]
-- Silverdale, Lancashire, England        +44 (0)1524 701623
------- end of forwarded message -------