Subject: Permaculture Webspace / Mike Smith

From: Gene Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:22:23 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, I think Mike Smith did a great job of outlining the all-in-one,
permaculture Internet resource. I would advocate continental mirrors for
the collection (more than just U.S. and AU).  I wonder if the proposed
section titled "Making It Work (Case Studies)"  couldn't also be a place
to make website visitors aware of design course graduates' (and others?)
permaculture projects. These projects might not be on as grand a scale as
Village Homes, etc., but would show a great multitude of efforts arising
out of Permaculture training. A number of these might already exist in
html land and would only require a link. Personally, it will require mere
minutes for me to update my homepage permaculture stuff to include a
paragraph about my mulch garden. 

I agree that a shorter url would be a nice touch. What are we thinking? 
Maybe something like

http://permaculture.unc.edu

?

Gene Thomas                   
Permaculture Design Course Graduate of 6/95 (Mollison/Pittman)
and
Information Analyst 
Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network
2250 Pierce Road
University Center, MI 48710
517-797-2687                  [email-masked]
Homepage: http://www.ciesin.org/~gthomas/gene.html

---

From: [email-masked] (Thilo Pfennig)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 19:54:52 +0200

>http://permaculture.unc.edu

No. www.permaculture.unc.edu would be better. (if possible)

  peace!