Subject: Re: Northeast Organic Calendar (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 11:50:21 -0500 (EST)

:
Lawrence F. London, Jr., Venaura Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/The_Sustainable_Farmstead.html
http://www.interpath.net/~london 
Organic Gardening & Permaculture Information
:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 96 09:09:12 EST
From: Bill Duesing <[email-masked]>
To: Almanac Information Server <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Northeast Organic Calendar

A calendar of Conferences sponsored by the state chapters of the Northeast
Organic Farming Association and other organizations.

February 
16	Garlic: Perspectives and Possibilities  with Dr. Phil  Simon, a
leader in varietal research and seed production, Geneva Experiment 	Station,
Geneva, NY . 9am -noon. Contact the Garlic Press, 2079 	Washburn Rd.,
Stanley, NY 14561, (716) 526-5779, evenings.
16	Continuing the Transition: Practical Solutions for Managing the
Ecological Landscape, Boxborough, MA, Ecological Landscaping
Association and UMass Extension. Contact M. L. Altobelli, (508) 	874-1373.
17	NOFA/VT Winter Conference, Innovations in Organic Agriculture.
Eliot Coleman, keynote speaker. Goddard College, Plainfield, VT. 	Contact
NOFA/VT, Box 697, Richmond, VT 05477, (802) 434-4122
22-24	North American Farmers' Direct Marketing Conference, Saratoga
`Springs, NY. tours Feb. 20-22. Contact (413) 527-6572.
23-25	1996 National CSA Conference, Capital, CSA, and Community
Renewal, Kimberton, PA, Contact Biodynamic Farming and Gardening 	Assoc.,
Box 550, Kimberton, PA 19442, (800) 516-7797.  
28-29	Farming for the Future, A Leadership Initiative For Community
Agriculture Development, Cazenovia, NY. Contact Farming
Alternatives Program, 423 Warren Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, 	NY 14853,
(607) 255-9832.

March
1	Deadline for mailing certification applications (See p. 2).
2	PACE Solar Home and Renewable Energy Tour and Environmental
Exposition will visit five unique solar/energy efficient homes in 	the East
Windsor-Ellington-Somers-Tolland area . Contact PACE, 101 	Lawton Road,
Canton, CT 06019-2209, (860)  693-4813.
9	NOFA/CT Winter Conference,Why Organic? The Link Between Food,
Health, Community and Environment. Wethersfield, CT. Contact: 		NOFA/CT,
Box 386, Northford, CT 06472, (203) 484-2445.
9	NOFA/NJ Winter Conference, Sustaining the Vision. Fred
Kirschenmann, keynote speaker. Cook College, New Brunswick, NJ.    	Info,
NOFA/NJ, 31 Titus Mill Road, Pennington, NJ 08534, (609) 737-	6848
9-10	NOFA/NY Winter Conference, Celebrate Biodiversity,
Tompkins/Cortland Community College, Dryden, NY. Info: 	NOFA/NY,
Box 21, S. Butler, NY 13154, (315) 365-2299.
16-17	New England Environmental Conference at Tufts University, 177
College Avenue, Medford, MA 02155, (617) 627-3162
20	Connecticut Agriculture Day at the State Capitol.  (203) 743-9249.
NOFA/CT will be there.
23   	PEAS (Providing Education through Agriculture for Students)
Conference, Memorial School, Natick MA. Contact Amy Wales, Box
144, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370-0144.      (413) 625-9720.

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 11:50:21 -0500 (EST)

:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 96 09:09:12 EST
From: Bill Duesing <[email-masked]>
To: Almanac Information Server <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Northeast Organic Calendar

February 

March

---

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 11:50:21 -0500 (EST)

:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 96 09:09:12 EST
From: Bill Duesing <[email-masked]>
To: Almanac Information Server <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Northeast Organic Calendar

February 

March