Subject: Weed Conference Anncmt (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 01:15:59 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 26 Sep 1995 22:51:55 GMT
From: AERO <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
    [email-masked]
Subject: Weed Conference Anncmt

===================================
ALTERNATIVE WEED MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
Great Falls, Montana
November 2-3, 1995
===================================

"Weeds as Teachers" is the theme of an upcoming conference on alternative
weed management, November 2 and 3 at the Holiday Inn in Great Falls, Montana.
 The event is sponsored by the Alternative Energy Resources Organization
(AERO), Montana State University, and the Gallatin Conservation District.
  
The conference will focus on understanding and dealing with the causes rather
than the symptoms of weed problems in crop and livestock agriculture common
to the Northern Great Plains and Rocky Mountains.  The featured speakers all
have an eye toward improving the ecological, economic and human vitality of
farms, ranches and communities. 
 
Conference participants will learn how to identify and treat the root causes
of weed problems; prevent weed problems from developing; locate and use
biological, cultural, mechanical and least-toxic chemical management tools
and generate creative solutions to weed problems in collaborative groups.

This conference is a must for farmers, ranchers, agricultural scientists and
educators, extension agents, and other professionals dealing with weeds. 
This is also a SARE Chapter 3 training event.
	
Presenters include Roger Sheley, range weed ecologist, Montana State
University-Bozeman; Jill Clapperton, rhizosphere ecologist, Ag Canada,
Lethbridge, Alberta; Tom Elliott, rancher, Grassrange, Montana; Matt Liebman,
Assistant Professor of Sustainable Agriculture, University of Maine-Orono;
Bruce Maxwell, weed ecologist, Montana State University-Bozeman; Neil
Strayer, farmer, Drinkwater, Saskatchewan; Jim Story, entomologist, Western
Ag Research Center, Corvallis, Montana; Dave Mortensen, weed ecologist,
University of Nebraska-Lincoln; 
Bill West, Assistant Manager, National Bison Range, Moiese, Montana and Cliff
Montagne, soil scientist, Montana State University, Bozeman.

The conference includes an ongoing Tool Fair with exhibitors displaying
tools, products, services and home-made inventions used for weed management. 

Conference registration costs from $55 to $80 and includes a lunch and
dinner.  Those who  register before October 13 will receive a discount.  
	
For information and a conference brochure call Stephanie Rittmann at AERO, 
406-443-7272; e-mail: [email-masked]

=====================
Stephanie Rittmann
AERO
25 S. Ewing, #214
Helena, MT 59601
406-443-7272
e-mail: [email-masked]
====================

--
.........................................................................
WestNet, the Information Service for People with a Passion for this Place
Modem: 406-442-3697 (28,800/8-N-1) Info via Internet: [email-masked]
Sponsored by Desktop Assistance, Inc. Info via Internet: [email-masked]
.........................................................................