Subject: Info needed on deer damage (fwd)

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 17:07:26 -0500

------- start of forwarded message -------
>From: [email-masked] (First M. Lastname)
Newsgroups: psu.ecology,rec.animals.wildlife,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.ecology,pa.wanted
Subject: Info needed on deer damage
Date: 15 Feb 1995 20:42:26 GMT
Organization: Penn State University
Sender: [email-masked]

	Hello!  IUm  working on an honors thesis that will focus on the
economic, biological, and social aspects of deer damage to agricultural
crops.  I will be looking to develop some policy alternatives that
attempt to address the problem of deer overpopulation and its effect on
agricultural crops specifically in Pennsylvania.  I would greatly
appreciate some information and suggestions.  I have some specific
information IUm looking for which includes the following: 
	 
	--total deer population estimate for the state and each county in the
state;
	--equation for determining the deer population/ carrying capacity  by
Game 			Commission;
	--carrying capacity for different forest types;
	--carrying capacity estimate for each county of the state;
	
	--total 	number of deer harvested for the state and each county;
	--total number of deer harvested on crop damage Rhot spotS farms for
the regular 		season and the extended season;
	--list of crop damage Rhot spotS farms for the state by each county;
	--approximate numbers of hunters per county of the state;
	
	--crop damage estimates by deer by bu. or $;
	--total acreage of farmland in the state by county;
	--total acreage of  each county of the state;
	--list of full time, part-time and hobby farms and acreage of the
state by county;
	
	--estimated amount of money (revenue) that hunting brings into the
state by 			county;
	--any information on PFA or other legislation concerning crop damage
and 			deer;
	--any information on the use of contraceptives or fencing as possible
solutions.
--any other data or information sources that would be helpful
concerning 				economic, biological, or social aspects of deer damage
to agriculture 			crops.

Please send any information or information sources to [email-masked].

Thank you for your time and help!  Kevin Willis
------- end of forwarded message -------