Subject: Re: design courses

From: [email-masked] (carmela leone)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:46:52 +1100

Jeff,

If I may take this opportunity to shamelessly 'plug' my Home Page...

http://www.ozonline.permaculture/index.html

...look at my Design project - using David Holmgren's principles, my project
is titled 'Permaculture Principles applied towards developing a sustainable
family unit'. 

If you look at my approach you'll see that I use observation of patterns as
a basis for my design. 

Carmela
------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 03:04 PM 11/8/95 -0800, Jeff Jacobsen wrote:
>Along these same lines, could someone review the basic principles upon 
>which permaculture is based. If I recall correctly these principles are 
>applicable to areas other than agriculuture.  Or, another take might be 
>to try to abstract some of the recurring patterns that are essential to 
>permaculture.  
>
>
>
>Jeff Jacobsen		[email-masked]  
>
>On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, KELLY MILLIMAN wrote:
>
>> hi!  i'm a fairly new comer to permaculture and would greatly
>> appreciate any advice from anyone on books (i've got one to read
>> by bill mollison), tapes, and more specifically, courses.  i live
>> in arlington, virginia (united states) in a small apartment
>> complex (not much to work with).  i only know a smidget about
>> permaculture but find it very attractive & truly interesting -
>> something i feel i should know more about.
>> 
>> anyway, enough blabbering.  hope to hear from someone soon. 
>> thanx!
>> 
>> kelly
>> 
>> 
>
>
              
              ************************************************************
               'The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, 
                   but the cultivation and perfection of human beings'.   
                    Masanobu Fukuoka - 'The One-Straw Revolution'
                                ***************
                                 Carmela Leone
                          Email: [email-masked]
         Home Page: http://www.ozonline.com.au/permaculture/index.html

                          ******************************

---

From: Michael Totten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 10:42:59 -0500 (EST)

I got a message, no such DNS entry, for the URL.  Is this the correct URL?

Michael Totten
Director, Center for Renewable Energy & Sustainable Technology (CREST)
777 N. Capitol Street N.E., Suite 805, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 289-5368  Fax: (202) 289-5354 EMAIL: [email-masked]
WEB: http://solstice.crest.org/
Gopher: gopher.crest.org    FTP: ftp.crest.org

---

From: Jeff Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:01:27 -0800 (PST)

Doesn't work for me either.

---

From: Jeff Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 10:43:10 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Carmela,

Now I need some time to read the info.  Your definition seems to boil 
down to a systems apporach.  Look at the whole picture and all the 
interactions before messing with it.  Life is not just a sequence of 
cause and effects.  But before I say much more, I'm going to take some 
time this weekend and read your stuff a bit closer.  What I really trying 
to do is zero in on what is unique about permaculture and what 
ideas/patterns are common to other systems of thought. I suspect many of 
us take a  permaculture approach without calling it that.

BTW  The correct URL for Carmela's web page is  
http://www.ozonline.com.au/permaculture/index.html