Subject: Re: SEEK HELP TO REPAIR AFRICAN TOPSOIL (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 23:00:12 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 13:09:39 +0100
From: Geraldo_Deffune <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: SEEK HELP TO REPAIR AFRICAN TOPSOIL (fwd)

Dear friends,

I am a Brazilian Agronomist with 15 years of experience in organic farming, 
presently doing my PhD in allelopathy & biodynamics at Wye College.

I'm willing to help you with advice, that would start by trying to grow a green 
manure (or a mixture of spp) adapted to the climate and soil. For this I need 
to know about the rain/water availability and the soil nutrient & pH status - 
preferably through a soil analysis report. It would be good to know about your 
possibilities to get seeds and natural amendments like rock phosphate and 
limestone, in case the soil needs them.

Last but not least, I sure can communicate with you in Portuguese, and have 
friends who can do it as well, involved in Sustainable Development both in 
Brazil, Portugal and at the African Dev. Bank - that could be helpful...

Best regards,

Abra@os,

Geraldo Deffune

Wye College - University of London 
Sustainable Agriculture Research Group
Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH
Tel.:(01233)812401 Ext. 271 
Fax: (01233)813320  Inglaterra
E-mail: [email-masked]

Home address:
The Bungalow, Amage Rd.
Wye Ashford Kent TN25 5DF
Tel: 01233 813260