Subject: Attra funding loss (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 00:21:56 -0400 (EDT)

------------------------------------------------------------
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - [email-masked] 
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/The_Sustainable_Farmstead.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.faq
------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 19:10:35 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
    [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Attra funding loss

To whom etcx
Just got my ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas
1-800-346-9140) newsletter and discovered that the House had cut their
funding to zero. I called ATTRA and discovered that the Senate has just
lumped them into a 3 million dollar package called: the Rural Technology and
Cooperative Development Grants Program, which would insure their funding at
current levels. 
Ohio has a House member on the agriculture sub-committee, Marcy Kaptur,
democrat.
The people at ATTRA asked that if you wish to make contact with your
representatives regarding this issue, you ask them to support - the Senate
version of the Rural Technology And Cooperative Development Grants Program at
3 million dollars. They also requested that you ask them to support the 2
million dollar Senate version of the Minority Farmer and Outreach Assistance
Program.
You can call the capital switchboard at 202-224-3121 to find your
representatives number or you can contact Marcy Kaptur at 202-225-4146 or fax
her at 202-225-7711.
For anyone who has used the services of ATTRA, you know how important this
issue is.
For those who have not, I highly recommend that you call them at
1-800-346-9140 and see what they're about.
This issue is URGENT. The agriculture subcommittee will be meeting beginning
this coming Wednesday 9/27/95 regarding this issue, so contact them NOW.
Please.

Thank you
Mick Natco
Innovative Farmers of Ohio
216-834-4757
fax216-834-0370