Subject: CSA and Good News

From: [email-masked] (Rob Squires / Gill Ellison)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:24:19 -0000

Planetary Connections is a newspaper which is producd in central England,
and distributes purely good news, right around our planet. This project gave
me an idea for stimulating CSA.

Once a month, along with the parcel of organic veggies, a form can be sent
to every member of the CSA community. This form should be filled in by next
week, with information about one piece of good news that has happened to
that member of the community, or his/her family, or on their street. This
form is collected on the delivery round next week and returned to base,
where it is included into a monthly _interactive_ community good-news letter.

Although increasing CSA organisation's work load, it will have the following
effects:

all this good news will cheer everyone up :) ,
it will help reconstruct local information systems, and hence strengthen
communities, and,
it may act as a novel form of enticement to encourage people to join their
local CSA.

LETSystems opperate similar notice boards, but who are they written by, are
they interactive and decentralised ?

Has anyone tried such a system with CSA ?

It could also be tied in with community IT training. The New York City CSA
requires that members do a days work on the farm or in the distribution
center. Enter stage right and spend a day producing the newsletter.

Rob. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Rob Squires of CTCSystems 
                   --- Coaptation Towards Collectivism  ---    
                 http://www.u-net.com/~yesyou/ctc/ctc.html

            Gill Ellison - Events/Communications Officer  
                        at innovative local charity 
                   +++  A Positive Attitude to Life  +++

                       E:Mail:[email-masked] 
                          Phone/Fax (01744) 612778 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Spencer Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:42:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to find the phone number of a CSA in New York called
>>Strawberry<< something or other.  I was supposed to call some 
number on Jan. 18 to find out the date of the first meeting but 
lost the number.  Could somebody please help me out?

Thanks,

Spencer 
[email-masked]
[email-masked] (expires in two days)