Subject: 6th Intntnl Permaculture Conf: 9/96 (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 22:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 14:45:56 WST
From: Warwick Rowell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 6th Intntnl Permaculture Conf: 9/96

Please feel free to pass this invitation on to other groups.

.....xxxxxxXXXX   EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED   XXXXxxxxx......

	SIXTH INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONFERENCE

		"DESIGNING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE"

			28 September - 7th October 1996

				Perth  WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Contents:
	Registration Form
	Preamble
	Conference Outline
		Preconference Events from Sep 1
		Convergence
		Post convergence options
	Third World Assistance
		Applications invited
		Assistance sought
	Perth and Western Australia; some details
	Swanleigh: A village in the City
	Further contact details

REGISTRATION OF INTEREST FOR BOTH CONFERENCE AND CONVERGENCE			
Please fill in the blanks and e-mail this section back to us
at [email-masked]

Name:
Address:
Code:	
Country:
Phone:
Fax:
Email:

I am interested in attending:-
Conference [  ]       Convergence [  ]       Both [  ]        
Please add me to your mailing list.

I APPLY TO:-
[  ]	  display my or my group's activities or products
[  ]	  speak on the subject of 
	
[  ]	  offer a workshop on

Please attach an outline of your possible presentation.  
Final copy for inclusion in the Conference proceedings 
will be required by August 1, 1996. Email is acceptable, as is a
Mac or IBM disk with ASCII text or Word text in New Century 
Schoolbook 12 point only.  

[  ]  	Convergence details required: 

The Instructor on my Certificate Course was 
Country:
Date:
Year:	

Return the details above to [email-masked]
Please delete from here on to save time and bandwidth

..........................PREAMBLE..................................

........SIXTH INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONFERENCE

.............DESIGNING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE

.....................28 September - 1st October, 1996

The Sixth International Permaculture Conference, hosted by the 
Permaculture Association of Western Australia, is an opportunity 
for the global Permaculture network to promote Permaculture to the 
public.

The sub-themes below will stimulate, challenge and extend our 
understanding of the design principles needed to develop a 
regenerating, permanent culture on this planet. Emphasis will be 
on positive action as an outcome to the Conference, extending the 
global network and encouraging local action.

	* Earth Care		
		- Exploring Strategies in landcare and regeneration.
	* People Care  	
		- Community and Eco-Villages 
		- Learning with others,
		- Re-establishing culture.
	*Surplus Share	
		- How new economics can contribute to sustainability.

The program, designed for the whole family, includes:

	* A 4 day conference of speakers, workshops, forums, 
	  children's program, & urban Permaculture site visits.

		....... Networking
		....... Information			
		....... Action & Celebration 

	* Tours of broadacre and small rural permaculture properties 
	  in the SW. (en route to the Convergence)

	* A Convergence for Pc Design Certificate graduates. 

	* Activities for those not eligible for the Convergence.
	
	* Pre-conference courses from September 1.
	
	* Post conference tours and workshops.

   Please note that the Conference will be conducted in English
.....................................................................

...................PRE-CONFERENCE EVENTS from Sept 1.................

In Perth, Western Australia:

...............	September 16 - 26
Permaculture Design Certificate Course with experienced local 
permaculturists - dealing with the world's oldest soils in arid, 
subtropical and temperate coastal climates. 

...............	September 21 - 22 
Working with Children in Permaculture - a participatory 2 day 
workshop for teachers, parents and permaculture designers. Salli 
Ramsden & guests.

In Crystal Waters, Queensland:

...............	September 1 - 14
Permaculture Design Course with Max O Lindegger and Frances Lang.

...............	September 15 - 22
Eco-Village Workshop with Max O Lindegger, Frances Lang, Lea 
Harrison, Geoff Young, plus guests Hamish Stewart (Gaia Foundation 
DK), Albert Bates (The Farm, USA), Declan Kennedy (Steierberg, 
Germany) and John Talbott (Findhorn, Scotland).

................CONVERGENCE: October  5, 6, 7.......................  

Participation in the Convergence is limited to those who have 
completed the Design Certificate Course. The convergence is an 
opportunity to share experiences with designers from around the 
world and discuss innovative ideas and strategies. Agenda items 
may be submitted in advance. 

..................POST-CONVERGENCE OPTIONS.........................

· Tour of broadacre farms working towards sustainability and 
	regenerating degraded land
· Follow-up workshop on village interests
· On farm workshop - broadacre strategies
· Cob building workshop
· Workshop on computer software for Permaculture

..................FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.............................

Is your organisation able to raise funds for overseas delegates 
from 2nd & 3rd world countries?

Participants from all corners of the world and all parts of the 
Permaculture network are invited to attend the conference and 
convergence.

The Permaculture community of Australia will apply for all possible 
grants and sponsorship to assist participants from all parts of the 
World, ie: Eastern Europe, Russia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, 
Nepal, India and Latin America and others who may need support.

We urge each first world Permaculture group to raise funds for 
participants from the 2nd and 3rd world countries.  

We look forward to hearing from organisations willing to raise 
funds for delegates who need assistance to travel to Perth. 

.....DO YOU NEED SOME FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO COME TO PERTH?........

All applicants for financial assistance will be considered on the 
basis of their financial constraints and their ability to pass on 
knowledge and practical skills to their community, as well as the 
knowledge and experience they have to share with others at the 
conference and convergence.

Permaculture groups are asked to nominate people worthy of support 
by writing to us with their details.

_____________________________________________________________________

.................. PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA..........................

Western Australia is Australia's most isolated State and covers a 
third of the continent - it is BIG.

Our highly urbanised, resource rich, affluent society is in the 
south west corner.  We are aware that many of our systems are 
degrading; our soil fertility and water quality are in decline 
and living practices are unsustainable.  We are seeking ways to 
living that are more in harmony with our unique and diverse 
ecosytems.

Perth in Spring is fantastic, and for those who can stay on, 
Western Australia is ideal for a holiday.  It offers some of the 
best beaches in the world, national parks (some with aboriginal 
guides willing to share their culture), whale watching, dolphins 
and more. Spring is the best time to see our amazing wildflowers.

..............SWANLEIGH: A VILLAGE IN THE CITY......................

The conference will be held on 39 picturesque hectares beside the 
Swan River, on the outskirts of Perth and within minutes of the 
international airport. Swanleigh offers a relaxed country 
atmosphere, with a variety of spaces for informal get togethers.  
There is a range of budget accommodation available, and recreational
facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, horse riding, walking 
trails by the river and canoes. There are vineyards, orchards and 
national parks close by.  A shuttle bus service will operate from 
Swanleigh to Midland Railway Station.

____________________________________________________________________
For further information, contact:
	Sixth Permaculture Conference Secretariat
		PO Box 568, Kalamunda, Western Australia, 6076
			Phone: 61 9 291 9306   Fax: 61 9 291 9978
				Email: [email-masked]
____________________________________________________________________