Subject: taking roll on symbnet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 20:23:58 -0600 (CST)

Dear Symbiologists:

	This newsgroup is a prototype newsgroup.  In order to get full 
newsgroup status (which means a more certain future and wider 
accessability) we need to make a formal proposal to the biosci 
organization.  Then there will be a vote of all interested individuals on 
the bioforum newsgroup.  We will need 80 votes to gain formal newsgroup 
status.  Before we go through the process to try to expand the newsgroup 
it is a good idea to get some idea as to the support for formalizing the 
group among present subscribers.  Ideally we will have 80 votes here 
already connected.

	If you are interested in seeing this newsgroup attain formal 
status, send me an email reply to this posting.  

	This is just a census, so you don't need to write a message.

Thanks,

Jim White
Moderator for Symbios Newsgroup

---

From: AHN-HEUM EOM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 16:57:09 -0600 (CST)

_____________________________________________________________________________
                      Eom, Ahn-Heum 
                      E-mail:[email-masked]
                      WWW page:http://www.ksu.edu/~eomah
                      Division of Biology
                      Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
                      Tel.913-532-1347,1348
_____________________________________________________________________________