Subject: Looking for one Post-doc position on Lichen symbiosis

From: [email-masked] (Roberto ZORER)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:01:06 GMT

Dear reader!

I am a Ph D student in the final year of my thesis work which I expect to
complete by the end of the year. For the past three years I have been
working in the group of Dr. Roman Tuerk whose interests are centered on
the physiology of the mycobiont and the photobiont of any Cladonia species
and Xanthoria parietina.

My project began with the isolation of the two symbiosis partner of
Cladonia fimbriata, Cl. furcata, Cl. macroceras, Cl. mitis, Cl. pleurota,
Cl. rangiferina and Xanthoria parietina.

Of the algal cultures I have studied:

- growth rates (cell count and dry weight)
- photosynthesis (O2 evolution)
- chlorophyll content

Of the mycobionts cultures I have studied:

- secondary metabolism (lichen substances) with TLC
- growth in different media

I obtain also resynthesis from the axenic algal and fungal cultures of the lichen

- Cl. fimbriata

I`m looking for a postdoctoral position which would study the signals between
the algae and the fungus in the first steep of the symbiosis.

I would be grateful if you could let me know what possibility you see for a 
postdoctoral position in your laboratory.

CURRICULUM VITAE

PERSONAL DATA

Surname                      ZORER
Forename                     ROBERTO
Sex                          male
Nationality                  Italian
Date and place of birth      November 6, 1967 Rovereto (TN) ITALY
Marital status               Single
Higher education             University degree
Present position             Ph.D. student
Knowledge of languages       Italian (mother language), German (good),
                             English (discrete)

Professional Address:  Institut of Plant Physiology
                       University of Salzburg
                       Hellbrunnerstrasse 34
                       A-5020 Salzburg, Austria

                       Tel.:  +43 662 8044 5590
                       FAX:   +43 662 8044 
                       E-mail: [email-masked]
                       http:\\www.edvz.sbg.ac.at\pfl\people\zorer\zorer.htm

Education

* 1986 Secondary school diploma at the "Gymnasium A. Rosmini", Rovereto, Italy
  with the final score of 56/60 (July 11, 1986).
* 1986-1991 University training in Biological Sciences at the University of
  Padova, Padova, Italy with the final score of 106/110 (July 8, 1991). Title
  of the dissertation: "Variazioni morfologico-funzionali in espianti di
  Xanthoria parietina Th. Fr. esposti per un anno nel delta del Po"
  (Supervisor: Prof. G. Caniglia).Research training and courses
* 1985 (Juni) - 1986 (September) Secondary school research training at the
  Museum of Natural Sciences, Rovereto, about "Acid rain and lichen".
* 1991 (April 10-12) Image analisys course (Milano, C. Zeiss)
* 1989 (November) - 1991 (July) University undergraduate training at the
  Institute of Botany, University of Padua, Italy.
  (Supervisor: Prof. G.  Caniglia).
* 1991 (September) - 1992 (September) University postgraduate training at
  the Institute of Botany, University of Padua, Italy.
  (Supervisor: Prof. G.  Caniglia).
* From 1993 (March) on Ph.D. student at the Institut of Plant Physiology,
  University of Salzburg, Austria (Supervisor: Prof. R. Türk)

Honours

* 1987 (March 12) "Premio di merito per i giovani ricercatori europei"

Scientific pubblications

* MATASSONI M. et ZORER R., 1987 - Precipitazioni acide e problematiche
  sugli indicatori biologici. Ann. Mus. Civ. Rovereto 3: 143-176.
* CANIGLIA G., ZORER., 1991 - Variazioni morfologico-dimensionali in
  espianti di Xanthoria parietina dislocati nel territorio del delta del Po.
  Gior. Bot. Ital. 125 (3): 351.
* CANIGLIA G., LAVEDER C., ZOCCA C., ZORER R., 1992 - Osservazioni
  qualitative e quantitative su espianti di Parmelia caperata, P. sulcata e
  P. elegantula a Isola Serafini (Piacenza) e a Milano. Gior. Bot. Ital. 126
  (2): 353.
* CANIGLIA G., LAVEDER C., ZOCCA C., CALLIARI I., ZORER R., 1993 -
  Bioaccumulation of elements on thalli of Pseudevernia furfuracea exposed in
  urban and rural sites. Gior. Bot. Ital. 127 (3)

Congress communications

* CANIGLIA G., ZORER R., 1990 - Osservazioni all'Infrarosso su espianti di
  talli lichenici. Atti Workshop su: "Stress ambientali nei vegetali" Roma
  27-28 novembre 1990., C.N.R.: 397-401.
* CANIGLIA G., ZORER R., 1991 - Analysis of infrared images on transplants
  of Xanthoria parietina concerning the quality of air in Po delta
  (North-East Italy). Effects of atmospheric pollutants on climate and
  vegetation. Taormina 26-29/09/1991.
* CANIGLIA G., LAVEDER C., ZOCCA C., ZORER R., CALLIARI I. 1993 - A
  preliminary study of elemental bioaccumulation on Pseudevernia furfuracea
  thalli exposed in urban and rural sites. International conference "Nuclear
  analytical methods in the life sciences". Praga, 13-17 September 1993: 117.
* CANIGLIA G., ZORER R., 1994 - Lichens on environmental monitoring in the
  Po Delta (North East-Italy). Atti V Congresso Naz. "Habitat e salute".
  Montecatini,14-17 ottobre 1992: 265-272.
* ZORER R., STOCKER - WÖRGÖTTER E., TÜRK R., 1994 - Effect of light and the
  polyol ribitol on the production of secondary substancs in the cultured
  mycobiont of the lichen Cladonia macroceras (Del.) Ahti. Fifth
  Internazional Mycological Congress (IMC5). August 14-21, 1994. Vancouver,
  British Columbia, Canada.
* ZORER R., STOCKER - WÖRGÖTTER E., TÜRK R., 1994 - Bildung von sekundären
  Stoffen durch Flechtenpilze in Kultur. 11. Tagung des Österr.
  Arbeitskreises für Pflanzenphysiologie. September 21-24, 1994. Schloß
  Johndorf, Fehring, Steiermark, Austria.

References

Prof. Roman TUERK
Institut of Plant Physiology
University of Salzburg
Hellbrunnerstrasse 34
A-5020 Salzburg, Austria
Tel.   +43 662 8044 5588
Fax    +43 662 8044 
E-mail: [email-masked]

Dr. Elfie STOCKER
Institut of Plant Physiology
University of Salzburg
Hellbrunnerstrasse 34
A-5020 Salzburg, Austria
Tel.   +43 662 8044 5556
Fax    +43 662 8044 619

Prof. Giovanni CANIGLIA
Dep. of Biology
University of Padova
Via Trieste 75
I-35100 Padova, Italy
Tel.   +39 49 828 6194
Fax    +39 49 828 6180
E-mail: [email-masked]