Subject: symbiosis and evolution

From: "Bentivenga, Stephen P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 13:23:35 -0500 (EST)

Jeff Huckaby asked about references on symbiosis and evolution.  Check out:

Margulis, L. and Fester, R. (Eds.).  1991.  Symbiosis as a source of evolutiona
ry innovation.  MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.

Boucher, D.H. (Ed.).  1985.  The biology of mutualism:ecology and evolution.
Oxford University Press, NY.

Burdon, J.J. 1987.   Diseases and plant population biology.  Cambridge Univ.
Press, Cambridge, UK.

Thompson, J.  1994.  The coevolutionary process.  Sorry I don't know the
publisher.

Whitfield, P.J. 1979 The biology of parasitism: an introduction to the study of
associating organisms.  University Park Press, Baltimore, MD.

Price, P.W. 1980.  Evolutionary biology of parasites. Princeton University
Press, Princeton, NJ.

and of course,

Margulis, L.  1981.  Symbiosis in cell evolution.  W.H. Freeman & Co.  San
Francisco, CA.

----------------------------

Hope this helps

Steve Bentivenga
West Virginia University