Subject: Definitions: how about this one?

From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 11:38:27 -0700 (MST)

For those of you who like terms and special words for each and every
situation (and for those of you who do not), what does this term mean:
endosaurochory?  To make matter worse, I'm not sure if it is spelled correctly
here.
 
People who wrok with insect parasitoids have their own language, as I'm sure
each sub-speciality does.
 
Send answers to the net and I'll post the definition after the weekend.
 
Cheers Dennis

---

From: George Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 14:52:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Saurochory refers to dispersal or distribution by snakes or lizards.  
Saurochore is that which is dispersed.  Saurochorous dispersed or 
distributed by snakes or lizards.  Well accepted words in the ecology 
literature.

My limited imagination prevents me from seeing how endo could be coupled 
with saurochory.  

I can hardly wait until Monday.

Thanks for sharing

George

---

From: David W Tapley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 17:55:01 -0600 (CST)

> My limited imagination prevents me from seeing how endo could be coupled 

How about: endosaurochory:  transported within (e.g. feces, or parasitic 
stages) as opposed to ectosaurochory:  transported on external surface, 
as in attached crud or just plain attached...

Dave