Subject: LOOKING FOR ASSISTANTSHIP FOR GRADUATE STUDY IN PLANT GENETICS AND MELECULAR BIOLOGY

From: [email-masked] (yongzhong li)
Date: 19 Sep 1996 14:31:19 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, as a visiting scholar from China, have been working or studying in
 USA for over two years. Now I am posting this message for 
application of graduate assistantship in plant genetics and molecular
 biology. I am perticularly interested in the tissue culture, gene 
cloning, DNA marker and plant transformation, but not limit of these,
every research field related to plant genetics or molecular biology is 
OK for me. any country is OK for me also. Please  look at my CV 
and academic transcripts in the following.

Name:       Yongzhong Li ( Male )
Date of birth: March 16, 1959
Company:  Maize Research Institute, Jilin Academy of agricultural Sciences
Address:    No. 6, Xixinghua Street, Gongzhuling, Jilin Province, 136100
                   P. R. China
Phone:       (434)621-1123
Fax:            (434)621-4884

Present Position:   Visiting Scholar
Company:    Department of Horticulture and Crop Science, The 
                    Ohio State  University
Address:      202 Kottman Hall,  2021 Coffey Road, Columbus, 
                     OH 43210, USA
E-mail:         [email-masked]
Phone:         (614)292-9172
Fax:              (614)292-7162

EDUCATION:

1982 -- 1985.   MS  in Agronomy. Department of Agronomy, Jilin 
                           Agricultural  University. Changchun, Jilin province, 
                           China. Majored in crop  breeding and genetics.
               Thesis title:  Cluster Analysis on Some Of Maine Soybean 
                                    Parents Sowing In Northeast Of China
1978 -- 1982    BS in Agronomy. Department of Agronomy, 
                           Jilin Agricultural University. Changchun, Jilin 
                           province, China

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES:

1994.6 -- present,  Visiting scholar,

        1). 1995.4 -- present:  Department Of Horticulture And Crop 
                  Science, The Ohio State University

                 I have worked on soybean quantitative genetics. I used JMML
                 program to analyze american soybean genetic improvement 
                 in the past  thirty years among the data of Uniform Test.

                  I am currently working  a). In Situ PCR, To determine the 
                 chromosome locations of corn 17S rRNA  gene and Pox gene
                 as well as some  of SSR genes; b). Root morphological 
                 differences between the soybean varieties with good flooding 
                 resistance and those with bad flooding resistance after 
                 different flooding treats

       2). 1994.6 -- 1995.4,  Department Of Agronomy, Kansas State 
                                             University

                 Studied tissue culture and plant transformation and worked 
                 on sorhgum cytogentics for chromosome aberration after 
                 different treatments of different herbicides.

1992 -- 1994.6,  Associate professor, Maize Research Institute, Jilin 
               Academy Of  Agricultural Sciences (JAAS). Jilin province, China.

1987 -- 1991,     Assistant professor, Maize Research Institute, JAAS.
                             Jilin province, China.

1985 -- 1986,     Research assistant, Soybean Research Institute, 
                             JAAS,  Jilin province, China.

                  a).  1990 -- 1994,  Charged of  " Development Of The New
                                  Corn Hybrids With High Yield, Resistance
To High 
                                   Population Density And  Diseases Sowing In 
                                   Jilin Province".

                  b), 1994,   Charged Of " Development Of New Corn Hybrids
                                     Yielding Over 750 kg/mu" .

                 c), 1990 -- 1994,    Took part in " Development Of New 
                                    Corn Hybrids With High Yield, Resistance To 
                                    Diseases And Good  Quality ". - National
Project.

                 d), 1987 -- 1990,   Successfully completed " Development 
                                    Of Silage Maize Hybrids ". " Jiqing 7 "
and  " 
                                    Jiqing 6 " had been released by the
National 
                                    Silage Variety  Release Committee and
Are being
                                     planted by farmers.

                e). 1985 -- 1987,     Took part in " Research On Soybean Male
                                     Sterile With Nuclear-cytoplasmic
Reaction ". The 
                                     first invention award was got from the
result in 
                                    Jilin province. The research result has
reached 
                                    advanced level  in the world at present.

                 f). 1991,      Studied on corn breeding and production in 
                                 Germany for three months ( from July  to
October ).

PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP

                 China Societyu of Crop Science
                 China Seed Association

TECHNICAL SKILLS

In Situ PCR, PCR, RAPD, experiences on plant cytogenetics and
 some on gene cloning and tissue culture , very good experience
 in plant breeding and genetics, familiar with some of other
 methods on melecular biology as well as different data and word 
processing software.

PUBLICATIONS:

1. Yongzhong Li, 1986,  A theoretical research on cluster analysis and its
     application in plant breeding. Jilin Agricultural  Science, No. 2 .
2. Yongzhong Li, 1987, Correlation and path-coefficient analysis of  oil and
    its components in soybean. Soybean Science,  No. 3 .
3. Yongzhong Li, 1987, A  cluster analysis on some of main soybean parents
    sowing in northeast of China. Hereditas, No. 3 .
4. Yongzhong Li, 1988, A correlation, stepwise regression and
    path-coefficient analysis on some of main soybean varieties
    sowing in northeast of China. Soybean Science, No. 1  .
5. Yongzhong Li, Huazhang Zhang, et. al. , 1990, An analysis of combining
    ability and genetics potentiality on fine maize  inbred lines in
northeast of 
    China. Jilin Agricultural Sciences, No. 1 .
6. Yongzhong Li, Weidong Li, et. al. , 1990, A summary of researches on
    maize root and stalk. Agronomy Abroad, No. 1 .
7. Xinger Liu, Yongzhong Li, et. al. , 1990, An analysis of combining
    ability on main quantitative characteristics of  ten corn  inbred lines. 
    Jilin Agricultural Sciences, No. 2 .
8. Yongzhong Li, 1991, A correlation, stepwise regression and
    path-coefficient analysis on grain yield and its components in maize
    hybrids. Jilin Agricultural Sciences, No. 1 .

TRANSCRIPTS:

1). BS degree courses ( ( course ( exam grade ) ):

      Advanced Mathematics ( 5 )                    Botany  ( 5 )
      Philosophy  ( 5 )                                         English ( 5)
      Physics  ( 5 )    Inorganic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry ( 5  )
      Organic Chemistry ( 5 )              Agro-meteorology  ( 5 )
      Microbiology  ( 5 )                              Economics  ( 5 )
      Biochemistry and Physiology  ( 5 )     Soil Science  ( 5 )
      Agro-entimology  ( 4 )                        CPC  History  ( 5 )
      Agro-pathology  ( 5 )                           Genetics  ( 4 )
      Agricultural Machinary  ( 5 )  Biostatistics and Field Experiment  ( 4 )
      Farming Science  ( 5 )                    Fertilizer Science   ( 5 )
      Crop Breeding Science  ( 5 )         Crop Cultivation Science  ( 5 )
      Agro-economics  ( 5 )                        Graduation Thesis   ( 5 )
     Graduation Practice  ( 5 )                 Quantitative Genetics  ( 5 )
      Seed Science  ( 5 )     Application of Modern Physics in Agriculture
( 5 )
      Additional Genetics  ( 5 )         Additional Farming Science  ( 5 )

**  5 -- excellant;  4 -- good;   3 -- fair;  2 -- fail

2). MS courses ( ( course ( exam grade ) )

      Plant Biochemistry   ( 92 )                 Molecular Genetics  ( 95 )
      Cytogenetics   ( 91 )                 Biological Microtechnique  ( 98 )
      Advanced Breeding Science  ( 90 ) 
      Special Subject on Crop Genetic Breeding  ( 80 )
      Quantitative Genetics  ( 99 )                               English
( 92 )
      Probability and Mathematic Statistics  ( 98 )        Linear Algebra  (
95 )
      Instrument Analysis  ( 92 )                  Natural Dialectics   ( 85 )
      Graduate Seminar  ( 90 )

** Highest mark is 100.  The mark less than 60 means failing

Thank you very much for your attention,

Yongzhong Li