Subject: Virus/Human symbiosis <- virus used to treat infertility

From: [email-masked] (amassed child vigor)
Date: 13 Aug 1996 22:09:03 GMT

MICROORGANISMS THAT AID INFERTILITY

	Researchers are used to news that sexually transmitted
	diseases, some so minor that those with the disease don't
	even know they are infected, can make it harder for
	sufferers to have children.  There's growing evidence,
	however, that one disease, /mollusca/credulis/, or "the
	clam," may actually benefit couples who are having trouble
	conceiving.

	The disease, thought to be viral, causes temporary swellings
	in the genital region, but has few other physical symptoms.
	Infected people, and espeically infected couples, however,
	are known to experience "increased coital frequency," and
	for marginally fertile couples, this increase is enough to
	cause statistically significant benefits in their quest to
	have a child.

	Trials are underway to determine the safety and effectiveness
	of infertility therapy with mollusca cultures.