Subject: human composition

From: [email-masked] (Anthony Duncan)
Date: 30 Aug 1995 13:35:35 GMT

Can anyone indicate what is the elemental composition of an average human  
being.  I assume the principal elements are Oxygen, Carbon, Nitrogen and  
Hydrogen and traces of mineral salt elements. But I do not know in what  
percents.  I assume the highest would be O since we are made mainly of  
water (H2O).  Would someone have numbers on that or be able to indicate  
where I could find them. Thank you.  

Anthony.

---

From: [email-masked] ("K N and P J Harris")
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:33:25 GMT

Try Documenta Geigy - full of all sorts of things. Get your library to 
get a set. Used to be one handy volume, now four or five.
Peter Harris,
University of Reading, UK.
AKA <[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked] ("K N and P J Harris")
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 17:32:01 GMT

Apologies, Documenta Geigy was the old one volume job. The later one is 
several volumes but you want volume one.
Try me on [email-masked] and I will try to get the ISBN for 
you. For some daft reason our online library system dosn't carry ISBN's.
Peter,Reading,UK.