Subject: Legume meeting - CORRECTION

From: [email-masked] ("Kathryn A. VandenBosch")
Date: 2 Jan 1996 14:21:25 -0800

Please note that the meeting on model legumes, described in an earlier 
posting, will take place in 1996, not 1995 (see below for detail).  
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emerging Model Legume Systems: Tools and Recent Advances
July 12 - 14, 1996
Knoxville, TN, USA

This meeting will be held immediately prior to the 8th International 
Congress on Molecular-Plant Microbe Interactions.  A primary objective 
is to foster communication among researchers working on diploid annual 
legumes as model systems, in particular (but not exclusively) Medicago 
truncatula and Lotus japonicus.  The agenda will include invited 
presentations on tools for genetic and molecular analysis, plus selected 
advances which apply these approaches.  Discussion sections will cover 
these and related topics, plus future interactions within the model 
legume community.  Organizers:  Douglas Cook and Kathryn VandenBosch 
(Texas A&M University), Frans de Bruijn (Michigan State University), and 
Thierry Huguet (INRA-CNRS, Toulouse, France).  

To indicate interest and receive registration information, please 
contact D. Cook ([email-masked],  or Department of Plant Pathology 
and Microbiology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-2132) 
or  K. VandenBosch ([email-masked], or Department of Biology, Texas 
A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-3258).