Subject: fun with pizza at AIBS

From: Lauraine Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 09:54:29 EDT

Dear Symbiologists:
I wanted to say thanks to all the people who participated in the dinner
and chat time that I set up at the AIBS meeting. The turnout (25 people)
was much higher than I'd predicted and I was delighted! Everybody seemed
to have a good time, eating decent pizza and talking to others who work on
or have interests in symbiotic interactions.

Several of us who are in the mycological society have decided that next year,
when MSA meets with APS in Indianapolis, we should try to get onto the
official meeting schedule. That will mean fewer (hopefully!) conflicts and
better notice to a broad range of people. Those of you who attend other
meetings, such as the Ecological Society, might find setting up an informal
gathering is worthwhile - both productive and fun.

On the theme of gatherings and long-term planning, the second Congress of
Symbiologists is being planned at Woods Hole for 13-18 April 1997. The
person doing the planning (NOT me & I don't have much information) is:
Professor John J. Lee
Department of Biology
The City College
Convent Avenue at 138 Street
New York, New York 10031

Thanks again to all who showed up for dinner; I hope you all enjoyed it, too!
Lauraine Hawkins
[email-masked]