Subject: Closure of SWISS-PROT

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 May 1996 12:09:30 +0100

SWISS-PROT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10 YEARS OLD IN JULY 1996, BUT IT MAY
DISAPPEAR ON JUNE 30, 1996.

Due to  funding problems,  SWISS-PROT as well as PROSITE, and the ENZYME
nomenclature databases will disappear on June 30, 1996 if no solution is
found  before  that  date.  The  ExPASy  WWW  server  and  all  services
associated with  it will  also shut down.

A longer and more detailed message has been posted on other, more relevant
biosci newsgroups, including: bioforum (bionet.general),
                              bionews (bionet.announce),
                              protein-analysis (bionet.molbio.proteins).

The full story is also available from the ExPASY WWW server:

        http://expasy.hcuge.ch/sprot/help-sprot.html

Best regards

Amos Bairoch
Dept. Medical Biochemistry
1, rue Michel Servet
1211 Geneva 4
Switzerland
-------------------
This message was generated on ExPASy.