Subject: RE: EVOLUTION OF EUKARYOTIC CELL VIA AUTOGENOUS PATH

From: [email-masked] (joseph seckbach)
Date: 31 Jul 1996 14:33:44 -0700

Dear fellows,
	Lately, I was talking and corresponding with some biologists,
biophysists and biochemists about the possibility that the eukaryotic
organism (unicellular, non-photosynthetic cell) has perhaps ALSO evolved
from a direct filiation (non symbiotic compartmentalization). I got some
positive replies to such a "not popular" hypothesis.
	If you have a serious comment upon the non-symbiotic
Eukaryogenesis please mail it (them) to me.

	Thanking you in advance for your thoughts and ideas

Joe Seckbach

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard LALLEMANT)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 20:05:10 GMT

>Eukaryogenesis please mail it (them) to me.

On that subject there are a few papers by Marius CHADEFAUD:

1972 - La position systematique des Cyanophycees par rapport aux
autres Algues.
in T. V. Desikachary. Taxonomy and Biology of the Blue-Green Algae.
Univers. of Madras, Center for advanced study in Botany, Madras, p.
129-144.

1974 - Possibilite d'une origine non symbiotique de la cellule des
Eucaryotes. Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences de Paris, 278,
p. 3079-3081.

1976 - Les premiers etres vivants. Sciences et Avenir, 350, p.
380-385.

1976 - Sur l'origine des plastes, les plastes cyanelloides et la
classe (?) des Glaucophycées. Compte-Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences
de Paris, 283, p. 1029-1032.

1976 - Les Algues, de leur origine a celle des plantes superieures.
Annales Scientifiques de l'Universite de Reims et de l'A.R.E.R.S., 34,
p.37-48.

        There was also a lecture on Radio-Canada in 1979: " Les
premiers Etres vivants". I do not know whether it was archived; I have
got the text (hand-written by M. Chadefaud).

---

From: [email-masked] (joseph seckbach)
Date: 3 Aug 1996 14:43:58 -0700

Dear Richard,
 =09I do appreciate your list of Marius Chadefaud's articles
concerning the non-symbiotic eukaryotic evolution. Please let me know the
address of M. Chadefaud (if available). Again I do appreciate your prompt
reply to my call about supporting the Direct Filiation path to Eukaryota.
Sincerely yours

Joe Seckbach

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Richard LALLEMANT wrote:

>=20
>=20
> >=09If you have a serious comment upon the non-symbiotic
>=20
>=20
> 1972 - La position systematique desCyanophycees par rapport aux
> autres Algues.
>=20
> Eucaryotes. Comptes Rendus de l'Acad=E9mie des Sciences de Paris, 278,
> p. 3079-3081.
>=20
>=20
> classe (?) des Glaucophyc=E9es. Compte-Rendus de l'Acad=E9mie des Science=
s
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20