Subject: Fellowship available (fwd)

From: [email-masked] ("DAPHNE G. FAUTIN")
Date: 5 Nov 1995 18:29:23 -0800

I am offering a Fellowship under the US National Science Foundation 
Partnership to Enhance Expertise in Taxonomy (PEET) to support an 
enthusiastic, bright student interested in earning the Ph.D. degree in 
modern systematics at the University of Kansas.  KU is internationally 
known for its Natural History Museum and associated graduate program in 
systematics and evolutionary studies.  
	The project: Taxonomic revision and phylogeny of the 
north-temperate sea anemones of the genus *Urticina* (=*Tealia*) using a 
combination of conventional and modern techniques, including field and 
laboratory studies.
	Timing: To begin preferably by 1 June 1996; financial support 
will continue for as much as 4.5 years, pending satisfactory progress and 
continued funding from NSF.
	Financial: Following PEET guidelines, the graduate student will 
be supported through Research, Curatorial, and Teaching Assistantships; 
tuition costs will be covered by the grant.
	Qualifications: Must have a strong interest in systematics and a 
willingness to learn about sea anemones.  Must be admitted to the 
graduate program of the Department of Systematics and Ecology, University 
of Kansas.  There are no citizenship requirements; non-Americans are 
encouraged to apply.
	Inquiries: I will respond to specific queries made by e-mail, 
fax, post, or telephone.  For information on KU (the department or 
graduate school), please communicate in writing.  A person interested in 
applying for the Fellowship should send me a letter of interest, a 
curriculum vitae, a transcript (unofficial is OK), and names and contact 
information for at least three references.  The application deadline for 
summer term is in February or March; I shall begin considering candidates 
in January.

Dr. Daphne G. Fautin
Professor, Systematics & Ecology; Professor, Entomology
Curator, KU Natural History Museum

Division of Biological Sciences
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
phone 913-864-3062
fax 913-864-5321
e-mail [email-masked]