Subject: AIBS update - 24 July

From: Lauraine Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:28:23 EDT

Hi again. This is the second update on the plans for symbiologists meeting
at the AIBS meeting (Aug. 6-10, San Diego). The registration material
indicates that there will be a message board set up in the Atlas Foyer of
the Town & Country Hotel. I will put up a message there with a time & place
to meet so we can figure out where to eat & chat. It still looks like we
best can get together, without conflicting with any society activities, on
Tuesday evening.

People who have indicated a desire to meet include, in no particular order:

a large contingent of people researching endophytes - George Carroll,
Chris Schardl, Keith Clay, Dennis Wilson, Jim Bier

fungi on lichens - Rosalind Lowen

plant evolution & ecology - Una Smith

fossil fungi (mycorrhizae & cyanolichens) - Thomas Taylor

interactions between fungi & animals - Lauraine Hawkins

Margalith Galun, editor of the journal Symbiosis, may also attend.

If you or someone you know is interested in joining us, please email me
directly (LKH1&psuvm.psu.edu). I look forward to seeing all of you soon!