Subject: Re: (group) Introduction

From: [email-masked] (Yvan Rahbe)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 17:14:57 +0100

>        Welcome to the symbiosis newsgroup!  Because symbiosis is a
>phenomenon that involves many different groups of organisms, we are from
>diverse scientific disciplines.  It would be valuable for us to briely
>introduce ourselves and describe the research being undertaken in our
>respective laboratories.

Hello,

[Thanks to Jim White for running this list...]

Here is a group introduction to our symbiosis work:

We are a bunch of researchers at INRA (Institut National de la Recherche
Agronomique), working mainly on insect plant interactions and on plant
resistance to insects.
However, our insect models being weevils and (mainly) aphids, and both
groups bearing a primary eubacterial endosymbiosis, our interest in
symbiosis is quite strong.

On aphids, the group's interest is focused on host-plant adaptation (and
it's corollary plant resistance), and the extent to which the bacterial
symbionts may drive this adaptation. We are focusing on nutritional
aspects, mainly amino acid and lipid metabolisms.

On weevils, nutritional aspects and their evolutionary consequences are
also the main concerns.

Group (INRA - INSA):

(pea) aphid
        Guy Bonnot      ([email-masked])
        Bernard Delobel ([email-masked])
        Gerard Febvay   ([email-masked])
        Yvan Rahbe      ([email-masked])

(grain) weevils
        Anne-Marie Grenier
        Aziz Heddi      ([email-masked])
        Paul Nardon

-------------------------
Yvan Rahbe              * phone: +33 - 72 43 83 56
INRA - INSA             * fax: +33 - 72 43 85 34
Biologie 406            * internet: [email-masked]
20, av. A. Einstein   69621 Villeurbanne cedex
                France     European Union