Subject: Ph.D assistantship

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Sep 1995 12:48:13 -0700

A Ph.D Research Assistantship position is available immediately at 
Michigan Technological University to work on molecular biology of 
mycorrhizal symbiosis.   Responsibilities include cloning and
characterization of symbiosis related genes from ectomycorrhizal fungus
Laccaria bicolor from its interaction with red pine.  Cloned symbiosis
related genes will then be tested for their importance in the establishment
of symbiosis through gene transformation and disruption techniques. 
Candidates should have a MS degree in plant pathology or related field with
 relevant experience in fungal/plant molecular biology.  Experience working
with mycorrhizal fungi will be a plus.  The position is funded through USDA
NRICGP competitive grants program.   Applicants  should meet the
eligibility criteria of the Michigan Technological University graduate
school and the department of Biological Sciences. This includes scores from
GRE and TOEFL (for foreign students).  Send your inquiries including a
cover letter outlining your research experience, CV and names of three
references  to Dr. G.K. Podila, Michigan Technological University, Ph:
906-487-3068, FAX 906-487-3167, Email [email-masked].