Subject: Re: Nutrient solutions for fertilization experiments

From: [email-masked] ("K N and P J Harris")
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 19:10:07 GMT

Hi
Have you tried writing to the nice people who supply readymade solutions 
for plant micropropagation work? The name Sigma comes to mind. Their 
delicious catalogues are stuffed with recipes of their products - one 
might well do the trick. Failing all else try to flush out the old old 
book by Hewitt (Plant growth in solution culture or something similar) 
which will give you all you need to know.
Peter Harris
Soil Science Dept,
Reading University, UK.
aka [email-masked]
If you have problems mail me at last address and I will look up the 
proper ref.

---

From: [email-masked] ("Charles P. West")
Date: 4 Jan 1996 11:46:52 -0800

> ...Failing all else try to flush out the old old 

Is this the reference you mean?
Hewitt, E.J. 1966.  Sand and water culture methods used in the study of 
plant nutrition.  Technical communication no. 22.  Commonwealth Bureau, 
London.

I'm getting close to sending out on this mail list the recipes I wrote to 
D. Wilson about.  Just trying to get them into proper shape.

Chuck West