Subject: UNIMOG - the ultimate powertool for small farmers

From: Larry London <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:01:15 -0500 (EST)

You should find this interesting:
-
If you can afford it get a Mercedes-Benz UNIMOG. :-)
Ultimate All-Wheel Drive utility work vehicle
Some have 20 speed transmissions, others 8 fwd-4rev, diesel
engine 120hp-260hp, solar powered, deep water fording, moving parts
impervious to dirt and fine particulate matter, add on backhoe, winch,
brushcutter, & other attachments - older used ones sell for $20-30,000,
newer used and new $60k-up

Its sort of a cross between a 4wd tractor, a Land Rover, a Toyota Land
Cruiser, and a 4wd utility/dump truck 

here are some links:

Altavista's Unimog Links:
http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=XX&q=unimog&search=Search

UnimogUSA
http://unimogusa.com/index.html
See attached file: u90.jpg

U90
                        Type 408.100, LBU Series
                        The smallest, road speed capable, Unimog model.
The U90 with GVW 10,580 Lbs, wheelbase of 106" and its 122 HP,
turbocharged and
                        intercooled 2.9L, 5 cylinder diesel is a
powerful compact workhorse. The all steel short nose cab design (shared
with the bigger U130) offers
                        greater ergonomics and visibility than any
previous Unimog models. The full range of PTO's, hydraulics and
auxilliary transmissions are available
                        for the U90.
-
-
I'll bet its even more expensive than a HUMMER.
-
-
http://www.unimog.co.uk/
-
Unimog Canada
http://www.mross.bc.ca/UnimogSales.htm
UNIMOG BY DAIMLER-BENZ A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE FOR USE IN AGRICULTURAL
TRACTOR CROP SPRAYING FORESTRY MUNICIPLE SERVICES LOGGING MINING
 EXPEDITIONS CREW TRANSPORT SNOW REMOVAL ROAD MAINTENANCE TOW VEHICLE
ROAD DEACTIVATION SKIDDER ROAD RAILER INDUSTRIAL TRACTOR HEICOPTER
   SUPPORT ECO-TOURS DRILLING SERVICE VEHICLE OFFROAD FUELING FOREST
FIRE FIGHTING EMERGENCY SERVICES SEARCH AND RESCUE FARMING AIRPORT
                                    SERVICES GRASS CUTTING EXCAVATOR
CRANE TRUCK WINCH TRUCK

    [ Part 2, ""  Image/JPEG  20KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]