Subject: Re: worms

From: [email-masked] (Tom Wilcox)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 17:57:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (Ms. Cynthia Bolognese; (BIOL; GRAD)) writes:

> Hi, I'm looking for sources of 'red wrigglers' for vermicomposting. 
> Can anyone give me some addresses? Thanks in advance!

Cindy, I just bought some worms from a farm nearby.  Here is their
address:

Rainbow Worm Farm
24700 County Road 95
Davis, Calif. 95616

916-758-9906
916-756-0414

This is a company that supplies worms to major gardening catalogs. 
They are really friendly and will answer any questions you might have. 
We made a worm box last week from a plastic bin (storage locker) from
Walmart.  It is similar to the worm boxes in gardening catalogs, but
much less expensive.  A wooden box would be even less.  Hope this helps
. . . enjoy your worms!