Subject: Dried or powdered honey??

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 15:52:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
E>From: [email-masked] (Victoria Briggs)
 >Subject: Dried or powdered honey??

 >I am looking for a source for dried or powdered honey.  Someone on the
 >rec.crafts.marketplace list suggested that I ask about it here. If there
 >is such a beast.... what the cost be and what quantities would I be able
 >to buy in???

Hello Victoria,

   I don't know and have wondered about suppliers myself for years,
but was not interested enough to find out. When you find out let
us all know.

   I would suggest that you call the HONEY HOTLINE at 1-800-356-3941
>from  the US or Canada or you can e-mail them at

 [email-masked]

   You might also ask them why they don't have a "home page" on the
internet, (hint, hint).

   This months HONEY HOTLINE, from the Food Technology & Product
Research Program is very topical. As we read about the soap company
that has received government permission to sell snack foods with some
chemical replacement for high caloric fats, something akin to adding
plastics to our food, that won't kill you, but may make your trips to
the potty a little more frequent if you overdose on snack foods.

Which is nothing new as if you eat the whole can or package of most
any snack food you will suffer the next day anyway.

   Anyway, this months articles on "Honey:An Ingredient of Choice in
Healthy Snack Formulations" and "The Role of Honey in Quality
Improvement of Sliced Oil-Free Potato Chips" are just a couple of
reports on research on the use of Honey in industrial cooking. Any
Honey Producer in the US can request to be placed on the mailing
list for the HONEY HOTLINE by calling the above number and our foreign
producers are welcome to ask, try using the e-mail address above or
snail mail:
                P.O. Box 281525
                San Francisco, CA
                94128-1525 USA
                                    ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in electronic form, or to print for personal use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ ... The hairy wild-bee that murmurs and hankers up and do