Subject: Lavender Honey

From: [email-masked] (Brian R. Oldham)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 10:15:03 GMT

Following on from my thread about cold pressed honey, I have another
tale to tell. BTW I should like to thank Karen and Rick for their
helpful comments and advice.

Last summer I got hold of one of those tourist leaflets about the
lavender fields in Norfolk (England).

Now, many years ago I procured a jar of French lavender honey. Sadly, I
can't for the life of me remember where I got it. It was very dark in
colour, thick, and had a strong and distinctive flavour.  So I filled
the car with my wife and some petrol and we toddled off to Norfolk
intending to come back with half a dozen 2LB jars of lavender honey.

Well we found the lavender fields. To be accurate, we found the car
and coach parks first - very nearly as big as the lavender fields. We
entered the beautifully paved reception area through an arched pergola
and found a small tea shoppe and a rustic arty/crafty shoppe and a
garden shoppe. I eventually found what I was looking for. The lavender
honey. Unfortunately they didn't have 2Lb jars. In fact they only did
one size - 4oz pots - the kind you take home as a present for granny. 
It was all crystallized and lighter in colour than I expected, and the
price was more than I usually pay for whole 1Lb of supermarket honey. 
Needless to say I came home disappointed. 

Am I naive or what?

Brian

---
#define Brian [email-masked]