Subject: Re: bee venom

From: [email-masked] (Evan E. Twombly)
Date: 26 Oct 1995 03:25:11 GMT

As to the use of Bee Venom as a therapy.  Here in Washington state, one of the
local
beekeepers (in his 60's) has used BV the combat his arthritis.  BV is
supposed to 
stimulate the bodies production of cortizone (which is a big help in the
joints)

He gets about 50 bees and has them all sting in whatever joint is bothering
him most
He says its usually a knee or a shoulder.  He started with 5 and has worked
his way
up to 50.  He has to apply the stings about every 3 months but then he has no
arthritis pain for that long.

My dad had trouble with his shoulder and got a cortizone shot.  It killed all
pain
for about 6 months.  If the BV cortizone connection is correct I can see
where
the BV is a lot cheaper for a beekeeper.

Ta Ta

Evan