Subject: Where's the FAQ, Jack?

From: [email-masked] (Justus Hayes)
Date: 25 Jul 1995 23:49:01 GMT

Having lurked here for a short while, I am aware that a new version of 
the FAQ is on its way. However, I have a friend who has recently started 
up a hive and is champing at the bit to have a look at what the Net has 
to offer in terms of beekeeping. Could someone please tell me where the 
last FAQ is archived or perhaps email me a copy? 

Thanks.

	Justus Hayes
	[email-masked]

FYA: Monty Python's "Eric the Half a Bee"

Half a bee, philosophically,
Must ipso facto half not-be.
But half the bee has got to be,
Vis-a-vis its entity.
Do you see?
But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee,
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury.
Singing,
La da da, La dee dee,
Eric the half a bee.
Ho ho ho, Tee hee hee,
Eric the half a bee.
Is this a wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee?
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric the half a bee.
Fiddle-dee dum, Fiddle-dee dee, 
Eric the half a bee.
A, b, c, d, e, f, g,
Eric the half a bee.
I love this hive employee-ee,
Bisected accidentally
One summer afternoon by me.
I love him carnally.
(He loves him carnally)
Semi-carnally.
The end.

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 26 Jul 1995 05:52:02 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>last FAQ is archived or perhaps email me a copy? 

    Hello,
If you would like to get the latest copy of the beekeeping FAQ, pointing
toward internet beekeeping resources, here's what you do:

* WWW URL: ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/beekeeping-faq 

* WWW URL:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu:80/hypertext/faq/usenet/beekeeping-faq/faq.html

* FTP:  FTP rtfm.mit.edu
log on anonymous, then cd to /pub/usenet/news.answers/beekeeping-faq

can also FTP to: ftp.uu.net
              /usenet/news.answers/beekeeping-faq

If you can't use FTP, you may email for the faq. Here's how:

* email:  [email-masked]
no subject
in body of letter put:  send usenet/news.answers/beekeeping-faq

* Usenet
The beekeeping faq is posted every month to:
news.answers, sci.answers, misc.answers, alt.answers, rec.answers
as well as sci.agriculture.beekeeping, misc.rural,
alt.sustainable.agriculture, and rec.gardens.

As a last resort, you may mail me and I'll send you the latest version, but
I might take longer than the above sources....

As always, please send suggestions, comments, criticisms, and I'll
do what I can.

Wishing you the best in the beekeeping world, 

Adam
-- 
________________________________
Adam Finkelstein
[email-masked]              Adaptive significance-- what's that?

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:11:00 GMT

P>From: [email-masked] (Justus Hayes)
 >Subject: Where's the FAQ, Jack?

P>Having lurked here for a short while, I am aware that a new version of
 >last FAQ is archived or perhaps email me a copy?

Hi Justus,

Nice Post, I will add it to the FAQ "Quote of the Month".<G>

There are FAQ's and there are faq's. This is what the Wild Bee's has
to offer via e-mail.
          __________________________________________________________
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
        : WILD BEE'S BBS    Beekeeping Support BBS   209-826-8107    :
        : BEEKEEPING FAQ'S     Beekeeper's Helping Beekeepers        :
        :                                                            :
        : How to USE:                                                :
        :                                                            :
        : To receive a Beekeeping FAQ via E-MAIL, send a message to  :
        : to the FAQ name @beenet.com - For example, to get a copy   :
        : of this message, (WILDBEES.FAQ), send a internet E-MAIL    :
        : to: [email-masked] ..To get a copy of the INDEX   :
        : of APICULTURAL ISSUES AND ANSWERS newsletters (APINDEX)    :
        : you would send E-MAIL to: [email-masked].              :
        :                                                            :
        : Mail runs are 6am & 6pm, California time zone. The system  :
        : and nothing is required on the subject line or in the      :
        : message itself.                                            :
        :                                                            :
        : FAQ        (total FAQ's in system 150)       Last update   :
        : name          one per message                 * NEW        :
        :------------------------------------------------------------:
        : WILDBEES.FAQ   YOU ARE READING IT. Check it       7-25-95  :
        :                once a month for changes!                   :
        : YELLOJAC.TXT   Yellow Jacket control. (new name)  7-25-95  :
        :                                                            :
        : FORMIC.TXT     How to safely us FORMIC ACID    *  7-25-95  :
        :                                                            :
        : YELLOW.PAG     Internet Addresses of Beekeeper's  5-08-95  :
        :                YELLOW PAGES, 30K, Stan G. Kain             :
        :                                                            :
        : HINT.IND       INDEX of 30 different Beekeeping            :
        :                topics. From Malcolm T. Sanford.            :
        :                                                            :
        : BMAIL495.TXT   B-MAIL Newsletter, Bee Research             :
        :                Association, England.                       :
        :                                                            :
        : BKEEPING.FAQ   HOW TO FIND IT ON THE INTERNET,    5-01-95  :
        :                Adam Finkelstein's Beekeeping FAQ           :
        :                                                            :
        : SUNSITE.FAQ    ARCHIVES of Internet Beekeeping    5-01-95  :
        :                news group and list mail, & more.           :
        :                                                            :
        : APINDEX        INDEX of Apricultural "Issues and           :
        :                Answers" APIS from Florida Extension        :
        :                                                            :
        : HEALING.BIB    HONEY & Healing, Bibliography      3-18-95  :
        :                                                            :
        : MEAD.FAQ       HOW TO find information on making           :
        :                HONEY MEAD. The drink of the God's!         :
        :                                                            :
        : WNHUB.LST      Wild Net hub list, Pick up the BEE-NET      :
        :                Conference from 1 of 700 bbs's in your area :
        :                                                            :
        :FSHEET11.TXT   US Beekeeping FAQ sheet from USDA            :
        :                                                            :
        : SADBEES        1990 Beekeepers Review of Conditon in       :
        :                his hives as he saw them. True Today?       :
        :                                                            :
        : ALL HINT's & APIS NEWSLETTERS courtesy of Malcolm T.       :
        : Sanford, Extension Service University of Florida.          :
        : BEENET.COM and the WILD BEE'S BBS (sm) are   *FREE*        :
        : Information Services for Beekeepers and Friends. SYSOP     :
        : [email-masked], dial up (209) 826-8107 28.8 bd,  :
        : 8N1, 24 hrs since 1990.                                    :
        :------------------------------------------------------------:
         \__________________________________________________________/
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ Unable to locate Coffee -- Operator Halted!