Subject: Asiatic Hive Bee (New Book)

From: [email-masked] (Peter Kevan)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 19:50:04 GMT

A new book is in the presses now: THE ASIATIC HIVE BEE: APICULTURE, 
BIOLOGY, AND ROLE IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN TROPICAL AND SUBTROPICAL 
ASIA.

The prepublication price for this book will be about $40.00 US. It is 
about 320 pages long, with chapters on all aspects of this bees' biology, 
husbandry, and ecological significance in nature and agriculture by 
an international team of authors.

It will be available in November or December, 1995.

Please message me directly if you would like to purchase a copy at the 
prepublication price, which will be finalized soon. Thank you, Peter G. 
Kevan.
--
--
PETER G. KEVAN, Dept. Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, 
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada

                       [email-masked]

LIST OWNER FOR ENTOMO-L (general entomology), POLPAL-L (pollination & 
palynology), and POLAR-L (arctic and antarctic information)

---

From: Ted Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Oct 1995 17:05:59 GMT

>BIOLOGY, AND ROLE IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN TROPICAL AND SUBTROPICAL 

Just a question - I don't recognize what kind of bee under consideration - is this the bee known as Apis cerana?