Subject: What to do by 'Melizitose' ? R&D program wanted...

From: Hayo Hase <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 1995 07:52:09 GMT

Hi beekeeper and honeyresearchers!

This is an emergency call. In the Bavarian Forest (Germany, between Danube and 
Chechia) the honey suffers 'Melizitose' (or similar it is called). So far as I
understood, there are louses of the leaves behind. They suck the juice from the
trees, which makes somehow a change to the nectar. The collecting bees make
honey
out of it, but it cristallize in the weaves. Centrifugating has no effect. The 
honey stays inside the weaves.
Beekeepers in this region could harvest ca. 40kg per beehieve, but they bring
only ca. 3 kg out. Even the bees aren't able to consume that honey during
winter
time.

Does anybody a solution for the problem to get the honey?

Isn't that of interest for natural science?

I am thinking to physic/chemical solution: The chemistry of honey with
Melizitose
should have a typical molecular structure. Each molecule has a resonance
frequency.
If we stimulate the honey with those resonance frequencies, the honey should
become
liquid and get out of the weaves. (Principle according to water molecule in the 
microwave.) [I'm not good in chemistry, biology.]
Did somebody make some investigation in this?

The problem with Melizitose increased during the past years. Any invention in
this 
direction will save beekeeping in the South of Germany.

Thanks for comments and replies - prefered by email.

Hayo
-- 
*****************************************************************************
* Hayo Hase                                              Tel: 09941-603-0   *
* Institut fuer Angewandte Geodaesie                     Tel: 09941-603-104 *
* Fundamentalstation Wettzell                            Fax: 09941-603-222 *
* D-94333 Koetzting                              Net: [email-masked] *
*****************************************************************************