Subject: Cleaning Pollen?

From: [email-masked] (BusyKnight)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 00:19:13 GMT

I been collecting pollen using pollen traps on a few of my hives.
And my bees do a great job of bringing in the pollen however 
it is very labor intensive to clean the pollen for human consumption.
Can anyone suggest a faster way of cleaning pollen for a small
beekeeping operation other than picking thru it by hand?   (I've 
tried the FAN thing and it blows away as much pollen as trash)

Other than givin' up...anybody got any ideas?

---

From: Jon Camp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 01:22:31 GMT

June of '93' "Gleanings" lists a mfgr. of a pollen cleaner.
Not cheap, but I don't think there are many builders of these
machines to offer much competition.  Company is:  The Hance
Corporation 235 East Broadway Westerville, Ohio Ph.# 614-882-7400
Name listed as a contact is Jeff Cox.  You might call them to see
if they're still in businees, and the latest prices.  Let me know 
what you find out, I'd be interested...