Subject: Requeening Advice Needed

From: "Victor C. Rimkus" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jul 1995 21:52:47 GMT

I am preparing to requeen a dozen of my hives. In the past I've only attempted three at a time. 
What would be the most efficient method to tackle this endevor?

1) Assuming I will remove the old queen; How many days in advance should this be done?

2) Assuming they make new queen cells: Do these need to be removed?

3) The queens are shipped with attendants; Do these have to be released?

4) Should I place the queen cage in the top or bottom brood box?

5) What else do I need to know?

        Thanks,
        New Mexico Mountain Beekeeper,
                                        Victor

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Coplan)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 13:50:09 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, "Victor C. Rimkus"

> 1) Assuming I will remove the old queen; How many days in advance should
this be done?

I believe I have read or heard somewhere 2 days in advance.

An additional question - how often should you requeen - annually,
biannually, or just when you notice the queen beecoming weak?

Chris Coplan
[email-masked]