Subject: Re: HoneyBeer Product Review

From: Libby Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 19:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Andy,

How goes it? Can you get us a recipe for making our own?

Libby

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Akerson)
Date: 10 Aug 1995 10:51:52 GMT

Hi ... over in rec.crafts.brewing there
are dozens of recipies...
Basically, make your wort by
whatever method you choose - extract cans,
all grain mash, etc. Just add a pound or
two of honey towards the end of the boil.

Libby Goldstein ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hey Andy,
: 
: How goes it? Can you get us a recipe for making our own?
: 
: Libby

-- 
I've got a powerful system of laser
beams in one eyeball thats coloured green.

-P

---

From: [email-masked] (Aaron Morris)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 95 08:39:58 EDT

In article <[email-masked]>
 
>How goes it? Can you get us a recipe for making our own?
 
There is a good recipe for honey beer in ABJ within the past two or
three months.  There is also a good recipe in Papazian's
_New_Complete_Joy_of_Homebrewing_.  Both recipes use only a small amount
of honey in the brew.  Off the top of my head, Papazians recipe for 5
gallons of brew contains 3 1/2 pounds light dried malt extract, 1 1/2
oz Cascade boiling hops, 1/2 oz Cascade finishing hops, and only 2 lbs
of honey (I usually use closer to a full quart (3 lbs)).  Lager yeast
is recommended.  Final product is crisp and refreshing, although the
taste of honey is not very evident.  It was a hit at my beekeepers'
association summer picnic where a representative of the Nat. Honey Board
pointed out that even though there is only a small amount of honey in
the product, if there are tens or hundreds of thousands of these
products produced, the small amount of honey in each product adds up to
A LOT of honey.  So, relax, don't worry, and enjoy a honeybrew!
 
Aaron Morris - Thinking it's too early in the AM to be thinking about beer!