Subject: Locating photograph of a honeycomb (without bee's in it)

From: Joanne Talbot <joanne>
Date: 31 Oct 1995 20:13:30 GMT

Hi,
Does anyone know of a colored photograph of a honeycomb?
A professor is looking for one for the cover of her new
book in computer science.  It shouldn't have any bee's in it....
Thanks much, Joanne

---

From: [email-masked] (BusyKnight)
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 1995 05:56:53 GMT

>Does anyone know of a colored photograph of a honeycomb?

I have a great picture of a honeycomb.  I'm no photographer, but
this picture turned out great!  The light caught the comb just perfect
and the comb appears translucent (by accident, I assure you!).  It
is a color picture and the cells are primarily two different colors.
No adult bees are in the picture but in the bottom of the cells you
can detect the young larva (if you know thats what you're looking
at).  No cells are capped over yet; all are open so you see the 
hex shape clearly.  Its a standard 35mm photo.  Let me know if
you're interested, it would take some time to find the negative.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 1 Nov 1995 13:34:25 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, Joanne Talbot <joanne>
writes:

>Subject:	Locating photograph of a honeycomb (without bee's in it)
>From:	Joanne Talbot <joanne>
>Date:	31 Oct 1995 20:13:30 GMT
>
>Hi,

   Microsoft Windows has a photo of honeycomb in the Clip Art section.  I
don't know if all versions have it, but that shouldn't be too hard to
track down.

[email-masked]   
Dave Green,  PO Box 1200, Hemingway,  SC   29554

---

From: [email-masked] (Lou Bjostad)
Date: 2 Nov 1995 17:38:26 GMT

> book in computer science.  It shouldn't have any bee's in it....

See the following:

http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/Entomology/images/kbees.gif

>from  the public-domain Smithsonian collection.

=====================================================================
Lou Bjostad, Fort Collins, Colorado      [email-masked]
=====================================================================