Subject: Call for FAQs

From: Christopher Majka
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 15:23:48 GMT

Hi fellow lepidopterists!

Ever since the creation of sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera one of the goals
of the group as expressed in the charter, was for the readership to develop
FAQ's on various topics.

Now that, thanks to the protracted efforts of Lawrence Gall at the 
Peabody Museum, Leps-L is up and running we will soon have the 
possibility of an archive where such FAQs can be available.

I have already deposited the charter of SBEL there and I would like to 
put out a 'call for FAQ's'! Is there some topic to do with lepidoptera that
you have (or would like to!) compile some information about? Topics that
spring to mind are:

* Butterfly Gardens
* Suppliers of Entomological Equipment
* Books pertaining to Lepidoptera (of various geographical regions)
* Collecting techniques
* Rearing techniques

etc. etc.

Volunteers please step forward!

I'll take the plunge and say that I will serve as compiler for a FAQ on
published books pertaining to lepidoptera. Please send me (via EMail)
information on books you are aware of in the following format:

* Title
* Author
* Date of Publication
* Publisher
* ISBN Number
* No of pages, illlustration/plates. colour/b&w
* Region covered (e.g state, country, continent, etc.)
* A brief, one paragraph (or one sentance) description of the contents.
* If possible, price and source to obtain the publication.

Please employ the above format for consistency and to avoid needless 
rewriting!

I will compile entries into a FAQ.

Cheers!

Christopher Majka
--
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
Christopher Majka                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Internet: <[email-masked]> & <[email-masked]>
Home Page: URL = http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/~aa051