Subject: California Collecting

From: Henry Brodkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:42:14 -0800

Lepers-
RE: collecting in California - a couple of facts have been brought to my
attention.  While there are no State listed insects in California ora
the law necessary- to list them,
All natural resources on California State Park and Recreation lands are
protected and permits must be obtained prior to conducting research
including collecting, on lands under their juristicion.
The address for permission is: Permit Officer, Resource Management
Division, Department of Parks and Recreation, P.O. Box 942896,
Sacramento, California 94296-0001.

It was suggested that researchers and collectors should contact the
appropriate property owner/administrator of any private, state, local,
or federal lands in order to acertain any regulations or restrictions
prior to initiating those activities.

I have taken it for granted that collecting on National Forest or BLM
lands, outside of areas of special concern, of unlisted species is
permitted.  I am trying to find out if this is so.

Not being a collector - these are things I have never thought much
about and the last thing I want to do is mislead anyone.

Cheers!

--
               Hank Brodkin, Marina Del Rey, CA
                  33.58'24"N  118.27'39"W
             For Info on the Calbird-L Mail List
               Send mailto:[email-masked]