Subject: Re: Begineer

From: Neil Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 11:35:02 GMT

In message  <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
> Insects have rights? Hmmmmm. Pretty funny.

I don't find this statement particularly logical.
It is the generally accepted scientific viewpoint that insects are animals.
It is also accepted that they have been evolving just as long as every
other animal. They are just as highly evolved as Homo sapiens.
Logically they are therefore no different to any other animal and
species of insect have as much right not to become extinct as does
Homo sapiens. Note I am not saying that it is wrong to kill insects
just that they are animals and therefore insect _species_ should not be
made extinct.

Perhaps we can take this a little further. Are dipterists, coleopterists
and lepidopterists poorer scientists just because they study mere insects?

--
Neil Jones- [email-masked] "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed, but when
the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more another heaven
and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." William Beebe