Subject: News of the Lepidopterists' Society

From: Maria Minno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 08:51:54 -0400

The News of the Lepidopterists' Society will be accepting submissions
through June 18th for the July issue.  This issue will focus on the next
generation of lepidopterists.  The question posed to Leps-L readers is:

How did you become interested in Lepidoptera?

I would like to hear how you started out in your hobby or profession as a
lepidopterist.  Who was your mentor?  Which books, articles, or other
resources did you first find helpful?  Where were you?  Was your location
important to the development of your interest, and if so, how?    Were there
any obstacles to how you pursued your interest,
and if so, what?  Do you think more people are becoming interested in
butterflies and moths, or fewer, and why?

I'd like to hear from people who are just becoming interested, as well as
people who have been studying Lepidoptera for years.

------------
I am also still looking for people willing to share their experiences in
obtaining collecting permits.  Only a few people have sent me information on
this subject.  I suspect there is a rich array of experience concealed
within the Leps-L readership, and hope more of you will talk about the rocky
road of permitting, whether your experience was good or bad.  If any of you
are land managers responsible for permitting (I know you are), your input
would be invaluable.
-----------

Many thanks to the people who have replied thus far and to those who intend
to.  I am signing off this mailing list temporarily for a trip to Texas, so
please cc or  reply directly to me  at:

[email-masked]

Maria Minno
Dr. Marc C. Minno
[email-masked]
600 NW 35th Terrace
Gainesville FL 32607-2441
(352)375-3028
http://www.afn.org/~afn10853/index.htm