Subject: Re: Artificial caterpillar foof

From: Rebecca Jolly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 08:41:31 GMT

Stephen,

     I have been rearing Tortricid larvae on an artificial diet which
     contains maize meal, yeast, wheatgerm and preservatives in agar.  If
     you think that it would be useful I can send you the recipe.  However,
     I think it will depend on the butterflies that you would like to rear.
      I also have a similar recipe that incorporates a small amount of the
     food plant (in my case apple leaves), instead of the maize meal.

     Rebecca

     [email-masked]

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Artificial caterpillar foof
Author:  "Lepidoptera List (LEPS-L)" <[email-masked]> at
INTERNET-MAIL
Date:    17/05/96 00:15

I am interested in rearing butterflies both native and tropical.I would be
very interested to find out about artificial caterpillar food since larger
quantities if food plant are not always available.If anyone has some
information on this sugject I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Stephen Fried

[email-masked]

---

From: emailme
Date: 18 May 1996 22:24:24 GMT

sorry about the foof instead of food.Anyway,yes,I would like to recieve 
your recipes.If you have a substitute for citrus and machaerium it would 
be very interesting:for papillios and morphos.
Thanks
Stephen Fried.
Sweden.