Subject: Insect livestock Sources

From: Wayne F Wehling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:16:35 -0400

The Department of Entomology at Michigan State University is in the process of
developing educational tours for the public.  We hope to use live insect
displays as part of the tour.  We are looking for sources of live insects, both
North American and Exotic.  We are trying to identify possible sources of
materials in order that we might apply for the necessary federal permits (you
must identify a source when the application is submitted).  If you have any
livestock available, or know of others that do, we would like to hear from you.
 We are interested in any kind of arthropod culture.

Cheers,

Wayne Wehling
[email-masked]

---

From: Robert D Kriegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:38:12 -0400

Wayne,

I thought we had a problem with the USDA insecption of the butterfly house
regarding exotics, ie. that we didn't have proper quarantine facilities.  Where
are we going to keep exotic livestock for the tours?

Sorry for typos.  I'm writing this in front of a kiosk in Anaheim, CA.

BOb >

---

From: Wayne F Wehling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:40:12 -0400

Bob, exotic cultures of critters other than lepidoptera should be much easier to
provide for.  Particularly, for species that can not survive in MI.  Yes, we
will need proper permits but if we are rearing in aquariums than then the other
aspects of containment should be easier to follow up on.

Cheers,
  Wayne

wish I were in Anaheim!!