Subject: Re: S.B.E.L. in a lep journal

From: "Henry M. Brodkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 15:37:09 -0800

On Sat, 11 Feb 1995, Jeffrey Glenn Schultz wrote:
(jeff's address is : <[email-masked]> )
> 
> 	Could I bother you for some personal help. I've become  involved 
> with a butterfly project at the Science Center in which I teach I guess 
> I've been bitten hard. And, I am in need of further help and 
> information. Therefore I have decided to seek out any lepidopterist 
> organizations and journals in order that either I or our center may 
> subscribe. 

Jeff-
I am posting this to both groups because the gateway does not seem to be 
working anymore (Larry Gall?).
I subscribe to:
NABA's "American Butterflies" US regular dues are $20.00 sent to:
NABA Treasurer, 909 Birch Street, Baraboo, Wisconsin 53913
(check made out to North American Butterfly Society)
LES's "Network" ( a small newsletter covering all insects - slanted to the 
west coast) Dues $10.00 sent to Lorquin Entomological Society, EMail Bob 
Allen a [email-masked] for the address of the new treasurer.

Also there is the Butterfly Gardeners' Quarterly,$6.50 a year 
(newsletter) mailed to: PO Box 30931, Seattle, WA 98103.

There is also the Lepidopterists' Society, the Tropcial Lepidoptery Society,
and probably numerous local societies.  Perhaps readers will post dues 
information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
	Hank Brodkin <[email-masked]> Marina Del Rey, CA
			33.58'24"N 118.27'39"W
 finger <[email-masked]> for information about the Calbird-L Mail List

From Christopher Majka Tue Feb 14 23:11:52 EST 1995
Article: 527 of sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera
Path: bigblue.oit.unc.edu!concert!rutgers!mcrcr6!cmcl2!panix!news.mathworks.com!uunet!newsflash.concordia.ca!nstn.ns.ca!cs.dal.ca!usenet
Newsgroups: sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera
Subject: Call for FAQs
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: Christopher Majka
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 15:23:48 GMT
Sender: [email-masked] (USENET News)
Organization: Chebucto FreeNet
Nntp-Posting-Host: cfn.cs.dal.ca
Lines: 52

Hi fellow lepidopterists!

Ever since the creation of sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera one of the goals
of the group as expressed in the charter, was for the readership to develop
FAQ's on various topics.

Now that, thanks to the protracted efforts of Lawrence Gall at the 
Peabody Museum, Leps-L is up and running we will soon have the 
possibility of an archive where such FAQs can be available.

I have already deposited the charter of SBEL there and I would like to 
put out a 'call for FAQ's'! Is there some topic to do with lepidoptera that
you have (or would like to!) compile some information about? Topics that
spring to mind are:

* Butterfly Gardens
* Suppliers of Entomological Equipment
* Books pertaining to Lepidoptera (of various geographical regions)
* Collecting techniques
* Rearing techniques

etc. etc.

Volunteers please step forward!

I'll take the plunge and say that I will serve as compiler for a FAQ on
published books pertaining to lepidoptera. Please send me (via EMail)
information on books you are aware of in the following format:

* Title
* Author
* Date of Publication
* Publisher
* ISBN Number
* No of pages, illlustration/plates. colour/b&w
* Region covered (e.g state, country, continent, etc.)
* A brief, one paragraph (or one sentance) description of the contents.
* If possible, price and source to obtain the publication.

Please employ the above format for consistency and to avoid needless 
rewriting!

I will compile entries into a FAQ.

Cheers!

Christopher Majka
--
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
Christopher Majka                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Internet: <[email-masked]> & <[email-masked]>
Home Page: URL = http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/~aa051

---

From: [email-masked] (Maliboo)
Date: 11 Feb 1995 21:39:50 -0500

The new treasurer of the Lorquin Entomological Society is Jess Morton, 787
W. 4th Street, San Pedro, CA 90731,  E-mail [email-masked]
Dues are $10.00 per year, which includes approximately 8 newsletters for
anyone anywhere, plus interesting meetings and lectures for those who can
get to the L.A. County Museum of Natural History.  What a deal!
Paul Russell
Paul J. Russell