Subject: Orthodes attracted to Psedudaletia pheromone

From: "Orville G. Marti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:49:34 EDT

A couple of weeks ago I asked for information about pheromones for
attracting _Anicla infecta_ and _Pseudaletia unipuncta_.  No luck with
_A. infecta_, but Great Lakes IPM does have _Pseudaletia unipuncta_
pheromone in their catalog.  I haven't captured any _P. unipuncta_ yet,
but I have captured several specimens of _Orthodes crenulata_, apparently
attracted to _P. unipuncta_ pheromone.

--
************************************************************************
Orville G. Marti, Jr.          P.O. Box 748
Microbiologist                 Tifton, Ga.  31793
Phone: 912-387-2328 (office)   INTERNET: [email-masked]
Phone: 912-387-2350 (lab)      FAX: 912-387-2321

    "The story of the whale swallowing Jonah, though a whale is
    large enough to do it, borders greatly on the marvelous; but
    it would have approached nearer to the idea of a miracle if
    Jonah had swallowed the whale."  ...Thomas Paine,  Age of Reason
*************************************************************************