Subject: Re: re P. moneta

From: Colin Plant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 19:33:12 EDT

And when Martin Honey has finished compiling data on this moth the Editor of
Entomologist's Record would love to hear from him with a view to making it
available to a wider audience!!

Colin Plant
Editor, Entomologist's Record :-)

---

From: "A.P.K.Torry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 08:54:10 GMT

>Never seen one but have a specimen labelled 'Icehouse Wood, Oxfordshire,
>July 1973'. The species is resident in the UK and is expanding it's range,
>this is probably due to the increased planting up of it's foodplant
>(As a border perrenial) in many private gardens that being cultivars of
>Delphinium.
>
>Unless there is some evidence to the contrary, the current thought is that
>this species is now (since about the 1960's) actually in decline in
>Britain. It is difficult to be certain about the decline of a species as
>the information that it is NOT being collected is less likeley to get into
>the literature than a new record of a species in a particular area. I have
>been informed that the next volume of Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
>[due out NEXT MONTH!] actually contains a graph showing this possible
>decline.

Strange that Vol 3 should contradict the notes on distribution in Vol 10 though
 isn't it?

Andrew T