Subject: Cape May Nature Notes, Jan. 19, 1995

From: "Henry M. Brodkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 19:21:00 -0800

The nature notes section of the Cape May RBA is excerpted with permission.

Hank Brodkin                              "Biological diversity is the
Marina Del Rey, CA                        key to the maintenance of the
[email-masked]                          world as we know it."
33.58'24"N 118.27'39"W                    E. O. Wilson, 1992

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 95 18:45:26 EST
From: Laurie Larson <[email-masked]>
To: national birding hotline cooperative <[email-masked]>
Subject: RBA: Cape May NJ, Jan. 19 1995

Laurie Larson .. [email-masked] .. Princeton, NJ

----------------------------Original message----------------------------

(bird stuff deleted)

Local nature notes:
Good numbers of American Oystercatchers are wintering at
Hereford Inlet and Nummy Island. The warm weather is
triggering some real unusual January experiences, like a
Spring Peeper heard on Jan. 13 at Higbee Beach; and 3
species of BUTTERFLIES have been glimpsed: Orange Sulphur
in Goshen (Cape May Co.) on Jan. 13, when temperatures were
at 68 F; a Mourning Cloak and a Question Mark type on Jan.
14 near Thorofare (Gloucester Co.).

[Program notes omitted -LL]

Fine print: Cape May Bird Observatory is a research and
education unit of the New Jersey Audubon Society. Our aim
is to perpetuate and preserve the ornithological
significance of Cape May. Your membership supports these
goals and this birding hotline. For more information
regarding Cape May birding, our programs and field trips,
phone our office or write to CMBO, PO Box 3, Cape May
Point, NJ 08212. If you're in the area please stop by our
headquarters at 707 East Lake Drive, Cape May Point. The
Cape May birding hotline [(609) 884-2626] is a service of
Cape May Bird Observatory and includes sightings from Cape
May, Atlantic, and Cumberland counties and adjacent areas.
Updates are made on Thursday evening, more often if
warranted. [Compiled by CMBO staff; transcribed by L.
Larson ([email-masked]).] Please report
sightings of rare or unusual birds to CMBO at (609)
884-2736. Thank you for calling; good birding.

- End transcript

Laurie Larson .. [email-masked] .. Princeton, NJ