Subject: Plebejus neurona - Veined Blue on Mt. Pinos, Ventura Co, CA

From: Hank Brodkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 23:42:39 -0700

Today, August 27 - My wife and I found a good hatch of Veined Blue on Mt.
Pinos, Ventura Co., California, USA.
This late date was undoubtly caused by late snowfalls on the mountain
this year.  There was also a good bloom of Eriogonum wrighti (Wright's
Buckwheat) on the mountain.  The buckwheat we checked was not on the
summit but about halfway up the mountain from Cuddy Valley below.
There was a good bloom of the buckwheat (interestingly enough a smaller
leafed form) on the summit - but by the time we reached it the
butterflies had gone to roost - or whatever they do around sunset.
Cheers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hank Brodkin <[email-masked]> Marina Del Rey, CA
                        33.58'24"N 118.27'39"W
 finger <[email-masked]> for information about the Calbird-L Mail List

---

From: Chaweewan Hutacharern <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 19:59:43 +0700

I will be away for some time please suspend my membership from today.
Thank you