Subject: Help re: Epiphyas postvittana

From: Donald Hobern <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:58:12 +0100

I have been unable to locate any illustration of Epiphyas postvittana
("Light Brown Apple Moth").  Can anyone give a quick description of
the imago of this species.  Is it two sharply separated shades of
brown (beige around the head and inner forewings; chestnut on the 
outer forewings)?

Thanks

-- 

Donald Hobern : CICS AIX Development
E-MAIL       : [email-masked]
TELEPHONE    : +44 1962 815301

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Crowther)
Date: 25 Sep 96 05:32:27 -0700

It is described in "British Tortricoid Moths: Cochylidae and 
Tortricidae ..." by J. D. Bradley et al.(Ray Society, 1973), p. 126: 
"basal half of forewing light buff or pale yellow, contrasting 
strongly with the dark brown and ferruginous coloration of the distal 
half, the demarcation often emphasized by the deeper coloration of 
the oblique narrow median fascia, the inner edge of which is sharply 
defined and usually straight ... ". It is illustrated on plate 32, 
figs. 13-16.- Pete Crowther