Subject: Guide to butterflies - multimedia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 12:44:21 GMT

I am currently developing a multimedia guide to butterflies of southern 
Africa. The aim is to make it a naturalists guide but I also plan to include 
a simple key for identifying butterflies from characteristics visible to the 
naked eye.  Has anyone produced a multimedia guide of this sort before and 
does anyone know of key to butterflies which have had any success in using 
this approach ?

Thanks in advance

Mike Musgrave
Dept Zoology & Entomology
Rhodes University
Grahamstown, South Africa

---

From: "D:COMMSDEMONSPOOLMAIL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 06:04:45 -0400

Mike,

This sounds like a great project.

What is the final delivery medium ? is it CD-ROM?

I currently work for Macmillan Publishers in London. My job is to set
up an manage CD-ROM distribution for Macmillan. We are launching the
project with 20-25 titles next April.

I have experience in both the sales and marketing as well as designing
and project management side of CD-ROM projects. I have experience with
Director, Photoshop, 3D Studio, Macromodel, Corel, Elastic Reality and
others. I would be very keen to offer any help that I can on the
project. I have often thought of doing the same for the UK.

I look forward to your reply

Best

Andrew Stagg.