Subject: night-flying butterflies?

From: Rebecca Jolly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 16:23:20 BST

I am a newbie!  I was asked by a friend if there are any night-flying
     butterflies.  I know that there are some day-flying moths, a common
     one at the moment in East Malling (Kent, England) is the cinnabar
     moth.  I would like to find out about any night-flying butterflies if
     anyone could oblige I would be grateful.

     Another question that my "Field guide to Butterflies and Moths"
     doesn't seem to answer very clearly is:  What makes a moth a moth and
     a butterfly a butterfly?  i.e. What are characteristics that
     distinguish moths and butterflies?

     Thank you in advance.

     Rebecca Jolly

---

From: Carl Swafford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 00:13:18 -0400

WARNING: DO NOT EVER AS LONG AS YOU LIVE THROW AWAY THE BOX OR 
ANY      THE PIECES OF STYROFOAM, EVEN THE LITTLE ONES SHAPED LIKE PEANUTS.

     If you attempt to return the device to the store, and you are missing
     one single peanut, the store personnel will laugh in the chilling
     manner exhibited by Joseph Stalin just after he enslaved Eastern
     Europe.
     manner exhibited by Joseph Stalin just after he enslaved Eastern
     Europe.

     Besides the device, the box should contain:
      * Eight little rectangular snippets of paper that say "WARNING"
      * A little plastic packet containing four 5/17 inch pilfer grommets
     and two club-ended 6/93 inch boxcar prawns.

     YOU WILL NEED TO SUPPLY: a+++_eY"q½