Subject: New Mexico Butterflies

From: "John B. Lombardini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 12:58:00 PST

I will be in the Las Vegas, New Mexico, area in the spring of this
year.   Does anyone have any information on collecting sites (butterflies)
in this region.    My e-mail address is "[email-masked]".  Thanks in
advance.

Barry Lombardini
3507-41st street
Lubbock,, Texas 79430
806-743-2425 (Office)
806-795-4981 (Home)
806-743-2744 (FAX)

---

From: Jim Herndon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 12:23:04 -0600

> in this region.    My e-mail address is "[email-masked]".  Thanks in

     Last summer I spent several days in Angel Fire, N.M. which is north of
Las Vegas.  We had a jeep and traveled several roads on public land controlled
by the US Forrest Service.  We had good luck locating butterflies - just find
the wildflowers (which were quite numerous) and you would probably find the
butterflies.  Since it was a little dry at that time of year, we often found
them around water.
     I would suggest that you purchase a map of the area from a Forrestry
Service office - there is probably one in Las Vegas, but we got ours in Taos.
It will show you where the roads are, but many of them are pretty rough and a
4WD will come in handy.

Good Luck,

Jim Herndon
[email-masked]