Subject: Indigenous Butterfly Species

From: Steve Connolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 23:44:25 -0400

I'm interested in learning which species of butterfly are indigenous to
specific areas of the United States and Canada.  Initially, I would like to
know species that are native to my home state of Pennsylvania, and those of
other Eastern states, along with similar information for all other
US/Canadian areas.

Is there a reference source I could use, or does someone have access to this
information that could be pointed to or posted?

Thanks.

Steve Connolley
[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Kopper <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 May 1996 16:38:17 GMT

I would suggest that you buy a field guide or go to the library.  There 
many books available on eastern butterflies (almost all of which are 
native).  These kind of posts rediculous because nobody has the time to 
post all native leps of Penn. let alone eastern US. Try to limit posts to 
more specific questions. 

                                         Brian