Subject: Danish antiopa news

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:40:45 METDST

Hi, antiopa netters!

The reported numbers of Nymphalis antiopa in Denmark are incresing
exponentially! It's seen everywhere but unfortunately, I haven't seen her
myself even though I've been looking for her all over E Jutland. Then it
turns up in my parent's garden, then 7 friends of mine observe it through
the weekend, and then it's seen flying along with Marsh harriers at a
nearby lake. But all that I can see is just a couple of Aglais urtica....

We expect that this beautifull butterfly will breed succesfully in Jutland,
and we hope that it will get even more common in the autumn.

I haven't heard of any more Vanessa atalanta's but I hope soon something
will happen in S Europe, Belgium, Holland and England. The first observation
of Cynthia cardui sounds pretty interesting. Let's have more of them!

Best regards
--------------------------
Morten D.D. Hansen
Dept. of Zoology
University of Aarhus
Denmark
e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------