Subject: H. columbia

From: Bob Curry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 21:59:19 -0500

On 5 Dec 1996 in answer to Patrick Marceau's request James Kruse states that
cocoons of H. columbia may be found "around the bases of tamaracks in
winter".  Does this mean underground or in the frozen sphagnum or on the
surface or what?

Bob Curry
Ancaster, ON
[email-masked]

---

From: "James J. Kruse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:12:25 -0800

> winter".  Does this mean underground or in the frozen sphagnum or on the
Hello,

Above ground, above frozen sphagnum, on the trunk or inner half of lower
branches.  I have not found huge numbers of cocoons, but all that I have
found have been below 5 feet, most a couple inches to 3 feet above the
ground.

Hope this helps.
Jim