Subject: Re: Cockchafers in moth traps

From: "A.P.K.Torry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:58:37 GMT

They are a flaming nuisance if you ask me.

More of a nuisance at this time of year though is that total waste of DNA called
 wasps, they come in to the trap during the night to catch moths then go to
 sleep under the egg box material and sit there waiting for me to empty the trap
 the next morning.

I HATE WASPS!

Andrew T

---

From: "Mark J. Dixon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 20:50:16 +0000

Hi All,

I too have trapped Cockchafers in my light trap (in Congleton,  Cheshire)
this week.  A first for me.

The Smerinthus ocellata (Eyed Hawk), Laothe populi (Poplar Hawk) and Mimas
tiliae (Lime Hawk) have started to appear in numbers.  I get at least one of
each species every night.

Regards,
Mark.