Subject: Re: Lights & Storage

From: Thomas L Orourke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 16:42:12 -0500

I  am a woodworker by avocation,and make my own display cases and am in
process of constructing a storage cabinet.These are not expensive to
make.more than truly basic tools are needed,however ,to ensure air tightness
and thus as nearly certain infestation-proofing as can practically be
done.Boxes are 16x12" by 3"deep and have bottoms made of 1/4" pin accepting
artboard.Each is glass covered.IF interested in details email me at personal
email.Cabinets double protect from infestation,keep specs in dark to prevent
fading,and allow vertical storage with easy indexing.Cost is nowhere near
Cornell etc but oak construction.WOuld consider making for other lepido-ists
over winter down period.

---

From: guy a hanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 22:28:04 -0600

unfortunately oak cabinets are highly acidic and canalso cause damage
to specimens.  the best wood I have heard of for cabinets is basswood,
which I use to make my own cornell drawers.  I get a set of 12 drawers
for a little over 100 dollars in materials!

G. Hanley