Subject: Re: Need help identifying very large catapillars

From: [email-masked] (Tom Schaefer)
Date: 1 Sep 1996 05:52:25 GMT

Large smooth green caterpillars without horns could be lunar moth 
caterpillars.  Very beautiful neon green moths that can exceed 6 inches in 
length.  Look for them around outside lights at night.  Some people like to 
collect their wings.  The adult moth bodies are fuzzy and white.

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>
>I noticed my morning glory vines were loosing all their leaves over the 
period of a couple of days. I looked closely and found three very large (the 
size 
>
>The next day, they were not to be found. Can these be identified by these 
descriptions? Will they be butterflies vs. moths? If I find any more, can I 
put 
>
>On the patio were lots of black pellets which I assume is cater-poop.
>
>Are there any Web sites that might help identify them?
>
>Thanks,
>Gary and Deborah 
>[email-masked]
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
>    http://www.dejanews.com/      [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]