Subject: re: This newsgroup

From: [email-masked] (R.M.K.)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 16:45:16 GMT

To: [email-masked] (John Clayton)
Subject: re: This newsgroup

 [email-masked] (John Clayton) wrote:

C>Firstly, it was formed to create a forum for discussion of lepidoptera,
 >away from the large amount of noise in other related groups. I notice
 >today that of the last 20 posts on my system, 9 are about specific
 >insects or groups which are not lepidoptera.

I, for one, enjoy reading most of the other posts in this group, but I
can sympathize with someone who gets the list via e-mail... especially
if they are on a commercial net and have to pay for the mail volume.

I saw a post maybe a week or so back that indicated several ADDITIONAL
s.b.entomology.*  groups were being proposed...  Anybody hear any more
about this..??... I would be happy to vote additional newsgroups in, but
have not seen a formal "call for votes" yet... I'm sure this would help
w/John's problem, seeing as this is currently the ONLY ent. group.

C>The second is the perennial matter of using common names. Again I have
 >no strong feelings on this, and certainly don't want to restart the

Actually, BOTH names are quite interesting... especially when the post
is about a single species... as the post the other day <perhaps John's
earlier comment on this topic?> that mentioned NYMPHALIS... I had NO
idea what the Russian equivalent of "Morning Cloak" was... thanks for
the info.

Rob.
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ OO------>--->-->->> [email-masked] <<-<--<---<-----OO

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Rauch)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 03:04:12 GMT

The proposed newsgroup, sci.bio.entomology.misc, has been submitted for
a Call For Votes (CFV).  You should be seeing the CFV soon (within a
month??); any delay appears to be due to the backlog in handling the
voting process for other newgroups up for vote also.

Peter R
- - - - - -

> > I notice

>s.b.entomology.*  groups were being proposed...  

> [I] have not seen a formal "call for votes" yet...