Subject: Who's Who - Mar. 1, 1995

From: "Phil Schappert <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 06:43:45 -0500

--6e-- Mar. 1, 1995 --PJS--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 THE ONLINE LEPIDOPTERISTS' WHO's WHO

             _--_                                     _--_
           /#()# #\         0             0         /# #()#\
           |()##  \#\_       \           /       _/#/  ##()|
           |#()##-=###\_      \         /      _/###=-##()#|
            \#()#-=##  #\_     \       /     _/#  ##=-#()#/
             |#()#--==### \_    \     /    _/ ###==--#()#|
             |#()##--=#    #\_   \!!!/   _/#    #=--##()#|
              \#()##---===####\   O|O   /####===---##()#/
               |#()#____==#####\ / Y \ /#####==____#()#|
                \###______######|\/#\/|######______###/
                   ()#O#/      ##\_#_/##      \#O#()
                  ()#O#(__-===###/ _ \###===-__)#O#()
                 ()#O#(   #  ###_(_|_)_###  #   )#O#()
                 ()#O(---#__###/ (_|_) \###__#---)O#()
                 ()#O#( / / ##/  (_|_)  \## \ \ )#O#()
                 ()##O#\_/  #/   (_|_)   \#  \_/#O##()
                  \)##OO#\ -)    (_|_)    (- /#OO##(/
                   )//##OOO*|    / | \    |*OOO##\\(
                   |/_####_/    ( /X\ )    \_####_\|
                  /X/ \__/       \___/       \__/ \X\
                 (#/                               \#)

                            Papilio machaon
               courtesy of the Dutch Butterfly Foundation
=========================================================================
Additions:

Everett D. (Tim) Cashatt        Sharon J. Collman       Mark Cook
John Dugdale    Martin R. Honey         Nora Jones      Brian Korbelik
James J. Kruse          Erik J. van Nieukerken          Naomi Pierce
David B. Richman        Ronald Alan Royer       Mark S. Rzeszotarski
Sen Selvan      Felix Sperling          Ronald Wankel
Douglas Yanega          Pierre Zagatti

Revisions:

Ken Philip      Tony Pittaway

=========================================================================
Name:            John Abbott
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of North Texas
Location:        Denton, Texas
Specialties:     Odonata
Interests:       Lepidoptera, Coleoptera
Address:         Biology Department, University of North Texas
                 Denton, TX  76203
Phone/Fax:       (817) 565 3618 / (817) 565 3821
=========================================================================
Name:            David Ahrenholz, MD
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Associate Professor of Surgery (Burns and Trauma),
                 University of Minnesota by training;  Lep. Soc./Lep. Res.
                 Foundation/Assoc. Trop. Lep./NABA (Life Memberships);
                 Smithsonian Institution (Research Collaborator)
Location:        St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Specialties:     Neotropical Riodinidae (Lepidoptera), butterfly photography
Interests:       Travel and photography in Neotropical rainforests, rearing
                 techniques for Saturniidae, butterfly gardening, collecting
                 insect books.  Current project - designing a room at home
                 to study Lepidoptera and planting trees and nectar sources
                 for Lepidoptera.
Comments:        Will correspond with anyone with access to Riodinidae: will
                 attempt specimen identification from photographs or uploaded
                 scans (gif or jpeg!).  Will help with questions regarding
                 insect photography. Looking for several insect books -
                 especially Wings in the Woods by Robert McClung and A Boy's
                 Book of Insects by Edwin Way Teale.
Address:         Burn Center Office - 5 North, Ramsey Medical Center,
                 640 Jackson Street, St. Paul, Minnesota  55101-2595
Phone/Fax:       (612) 221-2881 (days) / (612) 221-4359
=========================================================================
Name:            Charlotte Albright
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA, NW Lepidopterists' Workshop
Location:        Seattle
Interests:       Speyeria, 4th of July Butterfly Counts
Address:         8217-19th Ave. NE.
                 Seattle, WA 98115
=========================================================================
Name:            Hristos T. Anastassiu
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
Location:        Ann Arbor MI
Specialties:     European Rhopalocera, especially Balkans
Interests:       Collecting, distribution maps. Traveling, sports,
                 mountain hiking.
Address:         1440 Broadway, Ann Arbor MI 48105
Phone/Fax:       (313) 665-2879 / (313) 747-2106
==========================================================================
Name:            Dick (Richard A.) Arnold
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./Lep. Res. Foundation/Assoc. Trop.
                 Lep./NABA/Ent. Soc. Amer./Pan-Pac. Ent.
Location:        California (USA)
Specialties:     Speyeria and other Argynnines; rare and
                 endangered insects and invertebrates
Interests:       all aspects of butterfly biology and conservation
Comments:        co-author of CAPTABLE program for analysis of
                 capture-recapture data
Address:         Entomological Consulting Services, Ltd.
                 104 Mountain View Court
                 Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 USA
Phone/Fax:       (510) 825-3784 / (510) 827-1809
=========================================================================
Name:            David R. Britton
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zoology Department, La Trobe University
Location:        Bundoora, Victoria AUSTRALIA
Specialties:     Geometridae, Lycaenidae
Interests:       nutritional ecology, conservation, general biology
Comments:        Currently liasing with local and federal government
                 organisations in relation to  preserving butterfly
                 communities with rare lycaenid species present
                 (within Victoria). Recently completed M.Sc. thesis on
                 nutritional ecology of geometrid moths (Chlenias spp.,
                 Ennominae)
Address:         Zoology, La Trobe University
                 Bundoora Vic. 3083 AUSTRALIA
Phone/Fax:       (03) 479 1672 / (03) 479 1551
=========================================================================
Name:            Henry M. (Hank) Brodkin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA, Lorquin Society, Xerces Society
Location:        Los Angeles, California
Interests:       Butterflying, birding, the neotropics, and California's
                 deserts and mountains.
Comments:        I've only been butterflying for a couple of years.  My
                 wife and I are more interested in identifying and
                 photographing butterflies than collecting. We are also
                 interested in their life histories.
Address:         27 1/2 Mast Street, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Phone:       (310) 827-0407
=========================================================================
Name:            Simon R. Bryant
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Birmingham
Location:        Birmingham, England.
Specialities:    Working on the ecophysiology of the nettle-feeding
                 nymphalids Aglais, Vanessa, Inachis, Polygonia and
                 Araschnia.
Interests:       All aspects of butterfly ecology, especially the
                 relationship between larval development and
                 temperature. Would like to get into computer modeling.
Comments:        2nd year PhD student.
Address:         School of Biological Sciences, University of
                 Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham. B15 2TT.
Phone:           021 414 5884
=========================================================================
Name:            Margaret Bullock
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./NABA
Location:        Mid-Atlantic US
Specialties:     Morphinae - currently volunteer at National Museum of
                 Nat. History curating morphos and studying species
                 determination on basis of underwing pattern
Interests:       Neotropical butterflies
Comments:        Naval architect by profession; serious amateur when it
                 comes to butterflies and birds
Address:         Washington, DC
Phone/Fax:       301-227-1243 / 301-227-5442
=========================================================================
Name:            Everett D. (Tim) Cashatt
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Illinois State Museum
Location:        Springfield, IL
Specialties:     Taxonomy, distribution and ecology of Chrysauginae
                 (Pyralidae); distribution and ecology of Illinois
                 Lepidoptera and Odonata
Interests:       maintaining databases for Illinois Lepidoptera and Odonata
Comments:        would appreciate collection records for any Illinois
                 Lepidoptera and Odonata
Address:         Zoology Section, Illinois State Museum Research and
                 Collection Center, 1011 East Ash St., Springfield IL 62703
Phone/Fax:       (217) 782-6689 / (217) 785-2857
=========================================================================
Name:            Patrick Coin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Location:        Durham, North Carolina
Specialties:     none
Interests:       butterfly photography, ecology, esp butterflies in NC
Comments:        I am a lab biologist. Natural history is a hobby.
=========================================================================
Name:            Sharon J. Collman
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Washington State University Cooperative Extension
Location:        Seattle, Washington  - King County
Specialties:     Butterfly gardening, insect photography, kids 'n bugs,
                 pests and beneficials in home landscapes Urban IPM
Interests:       Insects that feed on plants, support to those interested
                 in entomology, exciting people about insects.
Comments:        been involved in teaching about insects for a number
                 of years. Tired of always having to focus on pests, began
                 teaching about butterfly gardening, to get gardeners to
                 think about insects and caterpillars in a new way.  I
                 collect specimens when I can't identify them and turn them
                 over to an Evergreen Aurelians member for inclusion in
                 scientific database, data on range, etc.
Address:         13720 23rd NE
                 Seattle, Wa. 98125
Phone:           206-364-6966
=========================================================================
Name:            Mark Cook
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     International Institute of Entomology
Location:        London, U.K.
Specialties:     Microlepidoptera, especially Pyralidae.
Interests:       Systematics of Pyralidae, biochemical systematics of
                 lepidoptera.
Address:         International Institute of Entomology, 56 Queen's Gate,
                 London. SW7 5JR, U.K.
Phone/Fax:       +44-171-938 9008 / +44-171-581 1676
=========================================================================
Name:            Charles V. Covell Jr.
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepid. Soc., ESA, Amer. Ent. Soc., Am. Mosq. Contr.
                 Assoc. et al.
Location:        Dept. of Biology, University of Louisville
                 Louisville, KY 40292-0001, U.S.A.
Specialties:     Lepidoptera in gen.; esp. systematics of Geometridae
                 (esp. subfam. Sterrhinae), worldwide, esp. Nearctic &
                 Neotropical.  Faunistics of Kentucky Lepidoptera;
                 butterflies of world.
Interests:       Photography, philately, soccer, travel, artifacts &
                 crafts of people visited; books on insects; etc.
                 Curate U. of Louisville Insect Collection & work on
                 mosquitoes and Ky. insects in gen.
Comments:        Too much to do.  Gotten to be a lousy correspondent
                 as result.
Address:         Dept. of Biology, Univ. of Louisville
                 Louisville, KY 40292-0001 U.S.A.
Phone/Fax:       (502) 852-6771 / (502) 852-0725
=========================================================================
Name:            Joe Culin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, Clemson University
Location:        Clemson, South Carolina, USA  (northwest corner of state)
Specialties:     Interactions of flower color (visible and UV), and nectar
                 qualities and butterfly visitation rates
Interests:       butterfly gardens, use of gardens in elementary and
                 secondary science education
Address:         Cherry Farm Entomology Laboratories, Department of
                 Entomology, Box 340365, Clemson University, Clemson,
                 SC 29631-0365, USA
Phone/Fax:       803 656 5041 / 803 656 5065
=========================================================================
Name:            Sam Droege
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     National Biological Service
Location:        Patuxent Environmental Research Center
Specialties:     Monitoring
Interests:       Checklists, Atlases, Counts; regional and national
Comments:        Willing to work with groups to develop monitoring programs.
Address:         12100 Beech Forest Dr., Laurel, MD 20708
Phone/Fax:       301-497-5840 / 301-497-5784
=========================================================================
Name:            John Dugdale
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Landcare Research New Zealand
Location:        Auckland, NZ
Specialities:    systematics of Lepidoptera, esp. Hepialoidea,
                 Tortricidae, Yponomeutoidea, Copromorphoidea,
Interests:       Hostplant/insect associations, biogeography,
                 litter-feeding moths, esp. Oecophoridae.
Address:         Landcare Research NZ, Private Bag 92170, Auckland, N.Z.
Phone/Fax:       +64 (9) 8493 660 / +64 (9) 8497 093
=========================================================================
Name:            Diogo Francisco Caeiro Figueiredo
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Biology; University of Evora
Location:        PORTUGAL
Specialties:     Entomology Conservation and Monitoring
Interests:       Management, Monitoring, Conservation Pieridae species
Address:         University of Evora, Department of Biology
                 Apartado 94 - 7001 Evora Codex, PORTUGAL
Phone/Fax:       (351) (066) 22106 / (351) (66) 711163
=========================================================================
Name:            Charles G. Fleming
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Educational Computing Services, Allegheny College
Location:        Meadville, Pennsylvania, USA
Interests:       geographical distribution of lepidoptera, digital
                 photography
Comments:        Amateur lepidopterist
Address:         Box 66
                 Allegheny College
                 Meadville, PA, 16335
Phone:           (814) 332 2755
=========================================================================
Name:            Kelly Fletcher
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     none
Location:        Bowling Green, OH  U.S.
Specialties:     My M.S. thesis is on the estimation of the rate of
                 gene flow between sympatric Colias philodice and C.
                 eurytheme butterflies using allozyme data.  I have a
                 fairly recent (2.5 years) interest in leps, so I don't
                 really have a broad range of specialties.
Interests:       cellist in B.G. symphony orchestra, huge Kids in the
                 Hall fan, biking, jogging, birdwatching, photography
                 and traveling when I can (I've been to Ecuador, Spain,
                 Alaska, and much of the continental U.S.  Next stop -
                 Puerto Rico in May!)
Comments:        M.S. student at Bowling Green State University in
                 Bowling Green, Ohio (done in May 1995).
Address:         Department of Biological Sciences
                 Bowling Green State University
                 Bowling Green, OH 43403
Phone:           (419) 372-2332
=========================================================================
Name:            Lawrence F. Gall (Larry)
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep Soc/Lep Res Foundation/NABA/Xerces/Toronto Ent/
                 Ohio Leps/Southern Leps/Ent Soc Amer/CT Ent Soc/+
Location:        southern Connecticut (Fairfield & New Haven counties)
Specialties:     systematics and ecology of Noctuidae, esp. Catocala/
                 life histories of Lepidoptera/application of computer
                 technologies in biological and museum contexts
Interests:       rearing/butterfly and moth walks for the public
Comments:        38 yrs old/married (Nancy Barrer)/one daughter
                 (Jennifer)
Address:         Head, Systems Office; Curatorial Affiliate in
                 Entomology, Peabody Museum of Natural History
                 Yale University, New Haven CT 06511 USA
Phone/Fax:       203-432-9892 / 203-432-9816
=========================================================================
Name:            Stuart W.T. Glen
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Birmingham
Location:        Birmingham, Great Britain
Specialties:     Lycaenid/ant interactions (especially British species)
Interests:       Insect mutualisms in general, Biochemical analysis of
                 insect secretions and semiochemicals, Electron microscopy,
                 Insect territoriality (especially Odonata), and Insect
                 ecology in general.
Comments:        A member of the Royal Entomological Society, Butterfly
                 Conservation, and the Royal Society For The Protection Of
                 Birds.  Final year Ph.D student - looking for employment
                 in 1996!
Address:         Biology Building, School of Biological Sciences,
                 University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT,
                 Great Britain.
Phone/Fax:       021-414-5457/(0)121-414-5457
===========================================================================
Name:            Alan C. Gregory
E-mail address:  c/o [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA, The Leps Soc., Xerces.
Location:        Conyngham, Pa. (N.E. Pennsylvania)
Specialties:     Leps. Especially wetland species.
Interests:       Monitoring; photography; public education; habitat
                 conservation; development of checklists.
Comments:        I conduct two Fourth of July Butterfly Counts (Long Pond
                 and Berwick-area) in N.E. Pennsylvania. Am working with
                 Nature Conservancy in identifying/monitoring lep sites in
                 Poconos region.
Address:         PO Box 571, Conyngham, PA 18219-0571
Phone:           (717) 788-1425 (day); (717) 455-3636 (evening)
=========================================================================
Name:            Fred Heath
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliations:    NABA (Board Member), Xerces, Lorquin Entomological Society,
                 Lep. Research Foundation.
Location:        Los Angeles, California
Interests:       Birding, Butterflies through binoculars, July 4th Counts
Comments:        Long time (35+ years) birder, 3 years of serious butterfly
                 watching (no collecting). Busy converting local birders to the
                 new challenge of butterfly ID through binoculars.
Address:         1532 Westgate Ave  #5,
                 Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone:           (310) 826-0083
=========================================================================
Name:            Daniel J. Hilburn
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Oregon Department of Agriculture
Location:        Salem, Oregon, USA
Specialties:     fall migration of Western monarchs, butterfly
                 gardening, butterfly conservation, insects of Bermuda
Address:         Oregon Department of Agriculture
                 635 Capitol St. NE, Salem, OR  97310-0110
Phone/Fax:       (503) 986-4663 / (503) 986-4735
=========================================================================
Name:            Dieter F. Hochuli
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     School of Zoology, La Trobe University, Bundoora VIC
                 Australia; Aust. ent Soc.; Ecol. Soc. Aust.; Aust.
                 Inst. Biol.
Location:        Melbourne, Victoria
Specialties:     Larval biology, nutritional ecology of larvae;
                 comparative morphology
Interests:       Herbivory at all levels; wood feeding Lepidoptera
                 larvae.
Address:         School of Zoology, La Trobe University,
                 Bundoora 3083, Victoria, Australia
Phone/Fax:       + 61 03 4792239 / + 61 3 4791551
=========================================================================
Name:            Martin R. Honey
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Collections Management Division (Lepidoptera), The Natural
                 History Museum.
Location:        London, England
Specialties:     Macrolepidoptera, primarily Noctuidae (Worldwide); and
                 collections management.
Interests:       photography (general but with a natural history bias),
                 badminton, bird-watching, general natural history, music,
                 walking (don't do enough!), small-bore (target) rifle
                 shooting
Comments:        Unfortunately no identifications undertaken, unless
                 prearranged through NHM Advisory Services.
Address:         Department of Entomology, The Natural History Museum,
                 Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, U.K.
Phone/Fax:       +44 (0) 171 938 9338 / +44 (0) 171 938 8937
=========================================================================
Name:            Simos Ichtiaroglou
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Dept. of Physics, University of Thessaloniki
Location:        Thessaloniki, Greece
Specialties:     Grecian butterflies
Interests:       Checklist of Grecian species, distribution, systematics
Comments:        Amateur, Professional interest is Hamiltonian Dynamics
Address:         Theoretical Mechanics, Physics Department
                 University of Thessaloniki, GR-54006, Thessaloniki, GREECE
Phone/Fax:       +30-31-998083 / +30-31-998211
=========================================================================
Name:            Neil Jones
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Butterfly Conservation (The short name for the British
                 Butterfly Conservation Society), Amateur Entomologists'
                 Society, Xerces Society.
Location:        Swansea, South Wales, United Kingdom
Specialties:     Variation and ecology of Euphydyas/Eurodryas spp
                 (Nymphalidae), Campaigning on the conservation of
                 endangered invertebrates
Interests:       Breeding, Watching and photographing (but not
                 collecting) lepidoptera.
=========================================================================
Name:            Nora Jones
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     The Nature Conservancy, Oklahoma Chapter
Location:        Tulsa, Oklahoma
Specialties:     development of monitoring program for butterflies at
                 Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, Osage County, Oklahoma
Interests:       management and monitoring of rare butterflies; butterfly
                 gardening; backyard habitat; distribution of butterflies
                 and their host plants
Comments:        10 volunteer monitors are starting their third year of
                 butterfly inventory at the 35,000 acre Tallgrass PP about
                 90 minutes north of Tulsa, Oklahoma. We could use
                 volunteer help with insect identification, development of
                 a teaching collection and data analysis.
Address:         The Nature Conservancy, Oklahoma Chapter, 320 S. Boston,
                 Suite 1700, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103
Phone/Fax:       918-585-1117 / 918-585-2383
=========================================================================
Name:            Meindert de Jong
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     The Dutch Butterfly Foundation
Location:        The Netherlands
Specialties:     Monitoring of Dutch butterflies in relation to
                 nature management; Educational things concerning
                 butterflies; publicity about butterflies.
Interests:       all aspects of butterflies in western Europe.
Comments:        I'm the contact person for E-mail
Address:         P.O.B. 506, 6700 AM Wageningen, Netherlands
Phone:           (+31) 8370 24224
=========================================================================
Name:            Maxim A. Klepikov
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Tutaev's Nature House, Yaroslavl university
Location:        Tutaev, Yaroslavl region, Russia
Specialties:     Microlepidoptera, faunas of nord and central
                 Russia and Europe
Interests:       Butterflys, ecological education
Address:         work: Russia, Yaroslavl region, Tutaev,
                       Magistralnaya str., 16-a, Nature House
                 home: Russia, Yaroslavl, Teplovoy per.,9 - 51
Phone:           work: (08533) 20338, home: (0852) 119167
=========================================================================
Name:            Seppo Koponen
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zoological Museum, University of Turku, Finland
Location/
Specialties:     Northern subarctic areas (Fennoscandia, Quebec)
Address:         Zoological Museum, University of Turku,
                 FIN-20500 Turku, Finland
Fax:             +358 21 633 6590
=========================================================================
Name:            Brian Korbelik
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Xerces Soc., Lep. Soc.
Location:        Pasadena, CA
Specialties:     Southern California butterfly gardening
Interests:       larval hostplants, raising butterflies and moths, Native
                 CA plants and wildflowers, Native and non-native
                 butterflies and moths of Southern CA
Comments:        would love to someday find a good book on moths of the
                 Western U.S.
Phone:           818-791-9596
=========================================================================
Name:            Mikhail V. Kozlov
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Turku/Soc. Europ. Lep./Finnish Lep. Soc./
                 Assoc. for Trop. Lep./Russian Entomol. Soc.
Location:        Southern Finland; sometimes St.Peterburg, Russia; field
                 work mostly in Kola Pns, NW Russia.
Specialties:     Micropterigidae, Eriocraniidae, Opostegidae,
                 Tischeriidae, Incurvariidae, Adelidae.
Interests:       Taxonomy of above mentioned families; basic
                 lepidopteran phylogeny; population dynamics of
                 herbivorous lepidopterans under emission impact;
                 faunistics of Kola Pns., NW Russia.
Comments:        PhD obtained in 1986 in Russia. Previous research
                 topics: thoracal morphology and flight of caddis-flies
                 and lepidopterans; Lepidoptera in a large industrial
                 city.
Address:         Laboratory of Ecological Zoology, University of Turku,
                 Turku FIN 20500 Finland
Phone/Fax:       +358-21-6335492 (direct) / +358-21-6336550
=========================================================================
Name:            James J. Kruse
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison (grad student)
Location:        Madison, Wisconsin (school)  Kewaskum, Wisconsin (home)
Specialties:     Taxonomy, ecology, and basic biology of Leps
Interests:       Collecting, rearing, Lep parasitoids, Lep taxonomy.
Comments:        I am an avid collector, always looking for new places to
                 put up a black light, bait line, or swing a net on weekend
                 field trips.
Address:         (school)1402 Regent St. #401  Madison, WI  53711
Phone:           608-255-2425
=========================================================================
Name:            Dr Gerardo Lamas
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepidopterists' Soc.; Lep. Res. Found.; Assoc. Trop.
                 Lepid.; Shilap; Royal ent. Soc. London; Assoc. trop.
                 Biol.; Soc. History Nat. Hist.; Soc. mexic. Lepid.;
                 several others.
Location:        Neotropics (N Mexico to Tierra del Fuego).
Specialties:     Systematics and Biogeography of Neotropical butterflies,
                 especially Nymphalidae (Ithomiinae, Acraeini,
                 Heliconiini, Nymphalinae, Limenitidinae, Satyrinae, etc.)
                 and Pieridae.  Favorite group: Ithomiinae
Interests:       History of Natural History (esp. Entomology/
                 Lepidopterology); bibliography.
Comments:        I do NOT sell butterfly specimens; exchanges and loans
                 only on a limited basis.  Identification services
                 provided if prior arrangements made.
Address:         Museo de Historia Natural, Universidad Nacional Mayor de
                 San Marcos, Apartado 14-0434, Lima-14, PERU.
Phone/Fax:       (51-14)71-0117 / (51-14)30-0607
=========================================================================
Name:            Lee C. Larcheveque
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Syracuse University, Adopt A Monarch
Location:        New York, Connecticut
Specialties:     Lectures on Monarch Butterfly life cycle, behavior,
                 "Adopt A Monarch"
Interests:       Educational Multimedia (on butterflies and natural history)
                 Wildlife cinematography and documentaries. Currently
                 working on documentary "The Butterfly King" and CD-ROM
                 "King of the Meadow".
Address:         775 Comstock Ave. Box 186, Syracuse, NY  13210
Phone/Fax:       315-443-4500
=========================================================================
Name:            Jay Lathrop
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Clemson Univ. professor emeritus (EE), Xerces Society
Location:        West Union, SC (northwest corner of state)
Specialties:     Amateur
Interests:       Butterfly watching and butterfly gardening.
Comments:        Son of entomologist (USDA & U of Maine), who selected a
                 different profession.
Address:         680 Winston Way, West Union, SC 29631
Phone:           (803) 882-0485
=========================================================================
Name:            Owen T. Lewis
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham
Location:        Birmingham, UK
Specialties:     PhD work on dispersal and evolution in metapopulations
                 of rare butterflies
Interests:       Conservation, mountains, Afrotropical butterflies,
                 wildlife photography.
Comments:        I co-ordinate the 'Wants & Exchange List' for the Amateur
                 Entomologists' Society.
Address:         School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham,
                 Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Phone/Fax:       0121 414 5482 / 0121 414 5925
=========================================================================
Name:            Christer Lofstedt
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Ecology, Lund University
Location:        Southernmost Sweden.
Specialties:     Pheromones, evolution, ecology, genetics, reproductive
                 isolation
Address:         Department of Ecology, Lund University,
                 S-223 62 Lund, Sweden
Phone/Fax:       +46 46 10 93 38 / +46 46 10 47 16
=========================================================================
Name:            J. Barry Lombardini
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center,
                 Department of Pharmacology, Lubbock, Texas 79430
Location:        Lubbock, Texas
Interests:       Collecting -  butterflies/ moths
Address:         3507 41st Street, Lubbock, Texas 79430
Phone/Fax:       (806) 743-2425 / (806) 743-2744
=========================================================================
Name:            Christopher Majka
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepidopterist's Society, Association For Tropical
                 Lepidoptera
Location:        Atlantic Canada.
Specialties:     Lepidoptera of the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
Interests:       General. Interested in ecology, behaviour & evolution
                 of Rhopalocera. Also interested in lepidoptera in art
                 and literature.
Comments:        Co-proponent of sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera
Address:         1171 Waterloo Street, HAlifax,
                 Nova Scotia, Canada   B3H 3L6
Phone/Fax:       (902)425-3725 / (902) 423-2057
=========================================================================
Name:            Kauri Mikkola
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Curator of Lepidoptera
Location:        Finnish Mus. of Nat. Hist., Helsinki
Specialties:     Holarctic Noctuidae, Geometridae, Papilionoidea;
                 industrial melanism; migrations
Comments:        No exchange or identification activity performed
Address:         Finnish Museum of Natural History, P.O. Box 17,
                 FIN-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Phone/Fax:       +358-0-1917431 / +358-0-1917443
=========================================================================
Name:            Scott E. Miller
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Bishop Museum, Honolulu
Location:        Neotropics, Pacific Islands, New Guinea
Specialties:     General Lepidoptera, especially Dalceridae,
                 Limacodidae, Megalopygidae
Address:         Bishop Museum, Box 19,000-A, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817 USA
Phone/Fax:       808-848-4193 / 808-847-8252
=========================================================================
Name:            Wm. Dean Morewood
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Victoria / Ent. Soc. of Canada / Ent. Soc.
                 of B.C. / Lep. Soc. / Lep. Res. Found. / Assoc. for Trop.
                 Lep. ("Holarctic")
Location:        Southern British Columbia; also, Ellesmere Island, NWT.
Specialties:     _Hyalophora_ (Saturniidae), _Gynaephora_ (Lymantriidae)
Interests:       Temperature relations, life history strategies,
                 parasitoids.
Comments:        PhD student at UVic; thesis research centred around
                 high arctic _Gynaephora_ and their parasitoids.
Address:         Department of Biology, University of Victoria,
                 P.O. Box 1700, Victoria, B.C. V8W 2Y2 Canada
Phone/Fax:       (604) 721-7125 / (604) 721-7120
=========================================================================
Name:            Jerry Nagel
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA; Dept. Biol. Sci., East Tennessee St. Univ.
Location:        Northeastern Tennessee
Specialties:     Vertebrate natural history, biodiversity
Interests:       butterfly diversity, habitat associations, flight seasons
Address:         1603 Chickees St., Johnson City, TN 37604
Phone:           (615) 928-0853(H), 929-4320(W)
=========================================================================
Name:            Roy Neeve
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     British Butterfly Conservation Society
Location:        Southern England
Interests:       All aspects of  British Butterflies
Comments:        Active in the above Society... dedicated to saving wild
                 butterflies and their habitats.
Address:         47 Farm Close Seaford East Sussex BN25 3RY England
Phone/Fax:       01 323 490 958 / (manual) 01 323 490 958
=========================================================================
Name:            Erik J. van Nieukerken
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     "Nationaal Natuurhistorisch Museum"
                 = National Museum of Natural History
Location:        Leiden,Netherlands
Specialties:     Nepticulidae, Opostegidae of the world
                 mainly Palaearctic
Interests:       Taxonomy,Biogeography,ecology
                 general interest in lepidopteran evolution
Address:         National Museum of Natural History
                 PO Box 9517, 2300 RA Leiden
Phone/Fax:       +31-71-162682 / +31-71-133344
=========================================================================
Name:            Soren Nylin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Evolutionary ecology, Dept of Zoology, Stockholm
                 University
Location:        Stockholm, Sweden
Specialties:     Polygonia and other nymphalid butterflies
Interests:       Host plant interactions, seasonal plasticity
                 (photoperiodism and life histories, seasonal
                 morphs etc.), phylogeny of Nymphalini
Address:         Dept of Zoology, Stockholm University, S-106 91
                 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone/Fax:       +46-8-164033 / +46-8-167715
=========================================================================
Name:            Peter Ockenfels
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zologisches Forschungsinstitut und Museum Alexander Koenig,
                 Dept. of Special Zoology University Bonn
Location:        Bonn, Germany
Specialties:     Lepidopterology; Chemical Ecology; Plant-Insect Interactions;
                 Electrophysiology; Sexual Selection
=========================================================================
Name:            Olle Pellmyr
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Asst Prof of Biology, Vanderbilt Univ
Location:        North America and Mesoamerica; World Incurvarioidea
Specialties:     Yucca-yucca moth coeovlution; Prodoxidae systematics;
                 evolution of monotrysian grade; evolution of host shifts
                 and specificity in Lepidoptera
Address:         Dept of Biology, Vanderbilt University, Box 1812 Stn B,
                 Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Phone/Fax:       615-343-4160 / 615-343-0336
=========================================================================
Name:            Ana Maria Penny
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, California Academy of
                 Sciences
Location:        San Francisco
Specialties:     General
Interests:       Lepidoptera Systematics and Classification
Address:         Department of Entomology, California Academy of
                 Sciences, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA  94118
Phone/Fax:       (415) 750-7241 / (415) 750-7228
=========================================================================
Name:            Dan Petr
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Biology, Southwestern Adventist College.
                 Lep.Soc./Assoc.Trop.Lep./Soc.Europea.Lep./MSA/Texas EM Soc.
Location:        Texas, USA
Specialties:     Morphology of adult feeding sensillae (Lepidoptera) using
                 the Scanning Electron Microscope
Interests:       Feeding behavior; territorial behavior; conservation issues;
                 photography; scientific illustration; travel; philately
Comments:        Doctoral studies at the University of North Texas,
                 Denton, Texas
Address:         Southwestern Adventist College, Department of Biology,
                 Keene, Texas 76059, USA
Phone/Fax:       (817) 645-3921 / (817) 556-4744
=========================================================================
Name:            Kenelm W. Philip
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Alaska, NMNH, Lep. Soc., Lep. Res. Found.
Location:        Fairbanks, AK
Specialties:     Arctic/subarctic butterflies, esp. Beringia
Interests:       Taxonomy/biogeography of northern butterflies; computer
                 distribution mapping; laws/regulations affecting insect
                 collecting for scientific purposes.
Comments:        Extensive field experience in Alaska, NE Russia, western
                 Canadian arctic. Author of Macintosh program 'RangeMapper'
                 for species distribution mapping.
Address:         Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska
                 P.O. Box 757000, Fairbanks, Alaska  99775-7000
Phone/Fax:       (907) 479-2698 / (907) 474-6967
=========================================================================
Name:            Naomi  Pierce
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
Location:        Cambridge, Mass.  02138  USA
Specialties:     Biology of Lycaenoidea
Interests:       Insect/plant interactions, lycaenid/ant associations,
                 symbiosis, evolution of cooperation, predatory Lepidopera,
                 phylogeny of Lycaenoidea
Address:         MCZ Labs, 26 Oxford St., Cambridge, Mass.  02138  USA
Phone/Fax:       (617) 495 2576 / (617) 495 5667
=========================================================================
Name:            Anthony Pietrak
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     The Philadelphia Insectarium, (Insect zoo and museum)
Location:        8046 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Specialties:     All types of insects, including Lepidoptera
Comments:        Mainly looking for any kind of insect specimans, dead
                 or alive, however also for pertinent information.
Address:         8046 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Phone/Fax:       215-338-3000 / 215-338-9989
=========================================================================
Name:            Tony Pittaway
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     CAB INTERNATIONAL
Location:        Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8DE, UK
Specialties:     Palaearctic Sphingidae
Interests:       Papilio machaon complex; Holarctic Sphingidae; hostplants;
                 biogeography
Address:         2 Meadow Close, Moulsford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9JL, UK
Phone/Fax:       (01491) 832111 - Office; (01491) 652363 - Home
=========================================================================
Name:            Pierre A Plauzoles
E-mail address:  [email-masked], [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lorquin Entomological Society (LES), The Nature
                 Conservancy (TNC)
Location:        Los Angeles, California, USA
Specialties:     Papilioninae, Danainae; larger Sphingidae, Saturniidae,
                 Nymphalinae (including Passiflora-feeders)
Interests:       biodiversity surveys, entomology (and larval
                 hostplants), herpetology, geology, photography, deserts
                 of California and southwestern US;
                 also classical music (especially church music)
Comments:        1/ The biodiversity surveys mentioned above I do mostly
                 with other members of LES, TNC, or on my own.
                 2/ Interest in the taxa listed above primarily species
                 of the US' Pacific Coast, the US south of 34 N, and Mexico.
                 3/ Married (Kathleen Moon), one daughter (Claire, b 1992)
Phone:           818-888-1316
=========================================================================
Name:            David B. Richman
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Dept. of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science,
                 New Mexico State University
Location:        Las Cruces, NM 88003
Specialties:     Spiders, Hymenoptera, faunal studies
Interests:       In Lepidoptera I am primarily interested in sightings and
                 collecting such data to help other researchers and to
                 build database for the Arthropod Museum's arthropod survey
Comments:        I am compiler for the Organ Mountain Circle , 4th of July
                 Butterfly Count.  While I am not a lepidopterist, I am
                 trying to collect data on seasonal occurence of butterflies
                 in New Mexico
Address:         Dept. 3BE, NMSU, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Phone/Fax:       (505)646-3542 / (505)646-8087
=========================================================================
Name:            Gerry Rising
E-mail Address:  [email-masked] (or [email-masked])
Affiliation:     NABA, University at Buffalo, Buffalo News
Location:        Western New York State
Specialties:     None
Interests:       General natural history, especially life histories
Comments:        I write a weekly nature column for the Buffalo News
Address:         295 Robinhill Drive, Williamsville, NY 14221-1639, USA
Phone/Fax:       716-689-8301 (messages: 645-3175) / 716-645-3161
=========================================================================
Name:            Robert K. Robbins
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Smithsonian Institution, Department of Entomology
Location:        Washington, DC 20560 USA
Specialties:     Biology of Theclinae (Lycaenidae), particularly
                 Neotropical Butterfly Species Diversity, Classification
                 of Butterfly Families
=========================================================================
Name:            Dr Gaden S. Robinson
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, The Natural History Museum,
                 Cromwell Road, LONDON SW7 5BD, UK
Specialties:     Lepidoptera: Microlepidoptera esp. primitive
                 superfamilies and Tineoidea; Biodiversity esp. SE
                 Asian tropical forest.
Phone/Fax:       0171-938-9494 / 0171-938-8937
=========================================================================
Name:            Ronald Alan Royer
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Minot State University
Location:        Minot, North Dakota, USA
Specialties:     butterflies as bioindicators; monitoring of pristine
                 environments and butterfly diversity/distribution;
                 threatened and endangered species
Interests:       N. Am. Great Plains and Arctic butterfly distribution,
                 especially families Satyridae, Lycaenidae and Hesperiidae
Comments:        Zone V (Great Plains) Coordinator, Lep. Soc.
Address:         Division of Science, Minot State University,
                 Minot, ND 58707
Phone/Fax:       701-857-3209 / 701-839-6933
=========================================================================
Name:            Paul J. Russell
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc., Lep. Resch. Found., Lorquin Entomological
                 Society (immediate past president), Assoc. Tropical
                 Lepidoptera, Xerxes, NABA, Coastal Dunes Conservancy
                 director, Charmlee Nature Preserve president, SASI, L.A.
                 County Museum of Natural History Alliance director.
Location:        Malibu, California, USA
Specialties:     Moths of Santa Monica Mountains;
Interests:       All lepidoptera, esp. N. American and Neotropical,
                 collecting
Comments:        My wife, Sandy Russell is also an avid lepidopterist, with
                 additional special interests in rearing and butterfly
                 gardening.
Address:         4244 Avenida de la Encinal, Malibu, CA 90265
Phone/Fax:       310 457-4445 / 310 457-4149
=========================================================================
Name:            Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Case Western Reserve University / The Ohio Lepidopterists
Location:        Northeastern Ohio, U.S.A.
Specialties:     butterfly gardening, photography
Interests:       scientific study of wetland butterfly/skipper species;
                 butterfly gardening & watching; lepidoptera photography;
                 lepidoptera vision
Phone:           (216)-421-4689 work,  (216)-729-8102 home
=========================================================================
Name:            Phil Schappert
E-mail address:  [email-masked] (or [email-masked])
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./Assoc. for Trop. Lep./Lep. Res. Foundation/
                 NABA/Toronto Entomologists' Assoc./York University
Location:        Southern Ontario, Canada (sometimes Jamaica...)
Specialties:     Euptoieta (Nymphalidae) and other Violales/Passiflor-
                 ales feeders (Heliconiids/Argynnids); BF's of Jamaica
Interests:       all aspects of butterfly biology esp. chemical
                 mediation of hostplant associations (ecol./evol.);
                 photography
Comments:        PhD student at YU; play a pretty good guitar (well at
                 least it cost a lot :); technophile; happily married
Address:         York University, Department of Biology, 4700 Keele St.,
                 North York, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3
Phone/Fax:       416-736-2100, ext. 33492 / 416-736-5698
=========================================================================
Name:            Sen Selvan
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Ecogen Inc.
Location:        Langhorne, PA
Specialties:     Entomopathogenic nematodes
Interests:       identify insect parasitic nematodes for the control of
                 lepidopterous pests
Comments:        If you have any problem with Lepidopterous pests, please
                 send a sample to me. I will recommend a suitable insect
                 parasitic nematode (biological control agent)
Address:         Ecogen Inc., 2005 Cabot Blvd. West, Langhorne, PA 19056
=========================================================================
Name:            David H. Small
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Regional Supervisor - MDC Quabbin Reservoir, President -
                 Athol Bird and Nature Club
Location:        Athol, Massachusetts
Specialties:     Watershed Maintenance and Management
Interests:       Habitat management for invertabrates on the landscape level
                 and the propagation of low maintenance native species
                 meadows
Address:         MDC Field Office, 21 Elm Street, New Salem Ma. 01355
Phone/Fax:       508-544-6343 (office) / 508-544-0280
=========================================================================
Name:            John Snyder
E-mail address:  snyder_john/[email-masked]
Affiliation:     Dept. of Biology, Furman University; Lepidopterists Soc.
Location:        Foothills of Blue Ridge Mts., South Carolina USA
Specialties:     Heterocyclic compounds in larvae and their host plants,
                 micro-patterns of fluorescence on larval surfaces,
                 development of regional insect collection for the
                 university.
Interests:       Distribution and life histories of lepidoptera in
                 Southeastern U.S.
Address:         Dept. of Biology, Furman University
                 3300 Poinsett Hwy.
                 Greenville, SC 29613 USA
Phone/Fax:       (803) 294-3248
=========================================================================
Name:            Julie K. Stahlhut
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Michigan State University
Location:        East Lansing, Michigan (weekdays -- I actually live in
                 Kalamazoo.)
Specialties:     Beginning Ph.D student in entomology/evolutionary biology;
                 my many interests include larval defenses, detoxification,
                 behavior, and the evolution of holometabolous life
                 histories.  Most likely, I will be working with Eurytides
                 or Papilio swallowtails.  Also interested in Linnaean
                 Games; I'm going out for MSU's team this year.
Comments:        I'm a co-proponent, with Chris Majka, of this newsgroup.
=========================================================================
Name:            Felix Sperling
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     U.C. Berkeley
Location:        Berkeley, CA
Specialties:     molecular systematics; Papilionidae; population genetics
Interests:       conservation; natural history; evolution
Address:         201 Wellman Hall, Dept. Environmental Science, Policy &
                 Management, University of California at Berkeley
                 Berkeley, CA  94720
Phone/Fax:       510-642-4296 / 510-642-7428
=========================================================================
Name:            Odette Sutcliffe
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     School of Biological Science, University of Birmingham, UK
                 Institute of Terrestrial Ecology, Monks Wood.
Location:        Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
Specialties:     Spatial variation in butterfly population dynamics.
Interests:       General Entomology; long term monitoring; the UK Butterfly
                 Monitoring Scheme; metapopulation dynamics; invertebrate
                 conservation.
Comments:        PhD student.
Address:         Institute of Terrestrial Ecology, Monks Wood Experimental
                 Station, Abbots Ripton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK.
                 PE17 2LS
Phone/Fax:       01487 773381 / 01487 773467
=========================================================================
Name:            Chris D. Thomas
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham
Location:        Birmingham, UK
Specialties:     Butterfly ecology, evolution and conservation; ant-
                 Lycaenid interactions, dispersal, metapopulations
Address:         School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham,
                 Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Phone:           0121 414 5476
=========================================================================
Name:            Dick Walton
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Xerces / NABA / MMANA
Location:        Concord, MA - USA
Interests:       monarch migration / field identification of N. A. skippers
                 video-taping leps / historical natural history
Comments:        Coordinator: Massachusetts Butterfly Atlas Project
                 Director: Monarch Migration Association of North America
Address:         7 Concord Greene #8, Concord, MA 01742 USA
=========================================================================
Name:            Ronald Wankel
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA
Location:        Kingsport, Tennessee (NE corner of the state)
Interests:       Leps photography and monitoring, bird watching
Comments:        retired PhD chemist, age 73. Collected Lepidoptera for
                 Hastings Nebraska Public Museum during dust-bowl days
                 1934-39, no collecting since 1940
Address:         162 Columbine Rd., Kingsport, TN 37660, USA
=========================================================================
Name:            Ian P Woiwod
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Rothamsted Experimental Station
Location:        Hertfordshire,England,UK.
Specialities:    lepidoptera as bioindicators; environmental change,
                 diversity, migration, population dynamics, land use,
                 long term monitoring.
Comments:        Head of Rothamsted Insect Survey light trap network.
Address:         Entomology & Nematology Department,Rothamsted Experimental
                 Station,Harpenden,Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ,UK.
Phone/Fax:       (0582) 763133 Xtn.2457 / (0582) 760981
=========================================================================
Name:            Ernest H. Williams
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./ Assoc. Trop. Lep./ Lep. Res. Foundation/
                 NABA/ Xerces Society/ Society for Conservation
                 Biology/ Ecological Society of America/ Society for
                 the Study of Evolution/ Hamilton College
Location:        central New York; also, field research in northwest
                 Wyoming
Specialties:     population biology of Euphydryas gillettii; chemical
                 ecology of Aster-feeding nymphalids and their Aster
                 hostplants
Interests:       all aspects of butterflies; education about
                 butterflies, ecology, and environmental issues
Comments:        conduct annual Fourth of July butterfly counts in
                 central New York and in northwest Wyoming; Professor
                 of Biology
Address:         Department of Biology, Hamilton College
                 198 College Hill Road
                 Clinton, New York    13323
Phone/Fax:       315-859-4387 / 315-859-4807
=========================================================================
Name:            Douglas Yanega
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Illinois Natural History Survey
Location:        Champaign, IL
Specialties:     bees and bee associates, other Hymenoptera, Diptera,
                 Coleoptera and Lepidoptera; pollination, natural history
                 and taxonomy.
Interests:       use of insects in biomonitoring, pollination biology,
                 mimicry, biodiversity, biology of xeric organisms.
Comments:        my main interests in Lepidoptera are as biomonitoring tools,
                 in pollination, as mimics, and the taxonomy of Arctiidae.
Address:         607 E. Peabody Dr., Champaign IL 61820 USA
Phone/Fax:       (217)-244-6817 / (217)-333-4949
=========================================================================
Name:            Pierre Zagatti
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
Location:        Versailles, France
Specialties:     Chemical ecology of Lepidoptera and Coleoptera
Interests:       Sex pheromones of Lepidoptera (male and female).
                 Aggregation pheromones of weevils. Evolution of
                 mating systems and phylogeny.
Address:         INRA, Unite de Phytopharmacie et Mediateurs Chimiques,
                 78026, Versailles Cedex, FRANCE
Phone/Fax:       (33) 1 30 83 31 18/ (33) 1 30 83 31 49
=========================================================================

Compiled by Phil Schappert            [email-masked] or [email-masked]
    --Please forward any additions or revisions to [email-masked]

=========================================================================