Subject: Books on butterfly conservation

From: Patrick Roper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 08:35:50 +0100

There has been some information on LEPS list on books on butterfly
conservation following a request.

Subscribers may not know of a very recent new title:-

"Conservation of Butterflies in Britain past and present" by Dr. John
Feltwell and published by Wildlife Matters, Marlham, Henley's Down, Battle,
East Sussex TN33 9BN.  Tel: country code + 01424 830566; fax: country code +
01424 830224.  Price (U.K. pounds) £6.99 plus £1.95 postage etc.

The book  is paperback and has 234 pages with 19 illustrations and an index.
Chapters include Historical Background, Why Conserve Butterflies?, Flagship
Species, Conservation of the Swallowtail (Papilio machaon) , the Large
Copper (Lycaena dispar) and the Large Blue (Maculinea arion), Habitat
Management, Threats to Butterflies, Butterflies and the Law, Voluntary Codes
and Practices, Nature Reserves.

Patrick Roper
Butterfly Conservation
============================================================
South View, Sedlescombe, Battle, East Sussex TN33 0PE, UK
Telephone:  (01424) 870208; Fax: (01424) 870208 
Email: [email-masked]
============================================================