Subject: Off-season Sightings

From: "Jerry W. Nagel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 16:27:33 GMT-5

From northeastern Tennessee in 1994, anglewings (Polygonia) get
early and late sighting honors as might be expected: Question Mark on
February 20 and unidentified Polygonia on December 9.  Outside of the
anglewings, a Clouded Sulphur on February 25 (sunny and 60F) was
early and late records include an Orange Sulphur and Common Buckeye
on December 9.
    While I'm about it, I'd like to suggest an expansion or addition
to "Off-season Sightings".  Things are pretty slow during the winter
around here and I would enjoy hearing from some of our more southern
subscribers with regard to what is on the wing in their area.  We
might call it "What's Flying?" and periodically submit a list of
what we have seen.  If it turns out that there are a lot
of us keeping records, we could restrict our listing to first
records of the season and watch the year develop.
    Jerry Nagel, Johnson City, TN

---

From: Robert William Longair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:32:17 MST

Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of T.R. New's
"Butterfly Conservation". I tried to order it from the publisher
and was informed it was out of print, even though they had
included it in a relatively recent list of available books.

Thanks,

Rob Longair
Dept. of Biological Sciences
University of Calgary,
Calgary, Alberta
CANADA
T2N 1N4

Phone (403) 220-7387
e-mail: [email-masked]