Subject: Monarch Butterfly Population

From: [email-masked] (Donald A. Davis)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 20:30:44 GMT

July 28/95

Your observations and comments from across North America are appreciated.

The general consensus is that the monarch butterfly population has
declined, but some notice a resurgence of late.

Please send your comments and observations to
[email-masked],internet

Thank you

---

From: [email-masked] (MikeDunn)
Date: 29 Jul 1995 11:21:31 -0400

Monarch sitings have started again here in NC piedmont. Just had emergence
of first caterpillars of summer season in my yard this week. Last year did
not see a monarch through the summer until Aug. 12. Then the return
migration began in full swing. Is this an early migrant or a resident? Am
waiting to receive our Monarch Watch tag kits to begin tagging. Would love
to hear from folks up north when they first notice southward migration. Is
it an obvious migration effort?
Mike