Subject: Re: Planning trip to Poland/Czechia/Slowakia

From: Tero Piirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:08:55 +0200

Johan Padding wrote:
> 
> My father and I are planning a 'butterfly'trip to Poland or
> Czechia or Slowakia this summer, but we are not sure where to go
> yet.

I have some similar plans, my destination would be the Tatra Mountains
and the surroundings in Poland and Slovakia. End of July till end of 
August would probably be the best time for mountaneous species, Erebia, 
for example. However, the places can be quite crowded during that time.

> I was hoping one of you could send us some hints about good
> places to go. And how about the security. Is Poland realy as
> dangerous (maybe this word is too strong) as we've heard? Is it
> better to catch a hotel or something, than to camp in a tent?
> Where can we find some neat campings or hotels?

I'm not concerned about the security. The cities are always more risky
than the rural areas, but there isn't any butterflies either :-)

Some additional questions however:

Which kind of restrictions are applied for collecting in the national
parks and outside of them? My interest is primarly scientific and
includes also quite a bit of photography.

Is there some protected species in butterflies and moths?

General question: is camping allowed outside of the official camping 
sites?

Hints for Polish and Slovakian side of the mountains are both welcome.

-- 
[email-masked]