Subject: Newsgroups for the other insect orders?

From: MS LYNN L MONROE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 14:16:47 EDT

Hi.
  LEPS-L is great, but I'm also interested in the other orders.  Does
anyone know of another news group which focuses in on grasshoppers, wasps,
beetles and bugs, etc.  TIA.

Lynn Monroe

---

From: [email-masked] (Harold Slater)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 00:47:52 GMT

MS LYNN L MONROE ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi.
:   LEPS-L is great, but I'm also interested in the other orders.  Does
: anyone know of another news group which focuses in on grasshoppers, wasps,
: beetles and bugs, etc.  TIA.

: Lynn Monroe

sci.bio.entomology.misc

---

From: [email-masked] ("William Raymond Morr")
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 11:05:33 GMT

Let's hope there are or there are plans to set them up -leps are OK but 
there are a lot more insects out there!

---

From: [email-masked] (Maarten van Helden)
Date: 14 Aug 1995 14:59:24 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...
>there are a lot more insects out there!

Wel, how about doing it yourself ?? It's not too complcated, just check in the 
news.announce.newgroups newsgroup for more info. We are considering of 
starting a newsgroup in hemipteran insects (aphids, cicadellids, whiteflies 
etc) so if you are interested in that send me a mail and keep in touch.
Another possibility would be to set up a whole bunch with only one RFD 
(request for discusiion) and CFV (Call for Votes). I f more people have plans 
for other sci.bio.entomology subgroups I would like to get in touch with them.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
||\\  //||  Dr. Maarten van Helden
|| \\// ||  Dept. of Entomology
||  \/  ||  Wageningen Agricultural University
||||||||||  Binnenhaven 7, 6709 PD
||      ||  Wageningen, the Netherlands
||      ||  Tel +31-8370-85118 Fax +31-8370-84821
||      ||  Email: <[email-masked]>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++