Subject: Re: Begineer

From: "A.P.K.Torry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:17:02 GMT

My argument is that concentration on just butterflies is not going to do the
 many more species of moths that are endangered any good at all, I therefore
 proposed that butterfly conservation groups thought about their names and the
 reasons why they don't concentrate as much on moths. I made the point that the
 moths get a 'bad press' when put next to the Rapholecera, and are treated by
 politicians and the public at large with derision and near hatred.

Andrew T

PS Did you know that there is a species of micro moth that occurs on the
 Marazion Marshes here in Cornwall and nowhere else, the site is now controlled
 by the RSPB and they couldn't give a damn about them provided their dratted
 birds are happy!

---

From: [email-masked] (Pierre A Plauzoles)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 16:40:05 GMT

> by the RSPB and they couldn't give a damn about them provided their dratted

Interesting.  Haven't they ever thought that birds are, in at least one 
respect, identical to humans (they need to eat in order to survive)?  
Perhaps it should be noted....

-- 
Pierre Plauzoles   [email-masked]
Canoga Park, California