Subject: Questions - why not?

From: Paul Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 23:09:32 +0100

Dear all,
        With regard to the recent debate which has struck the list, I
have to admit that on reading some comments, I found myself asking do
people complain when undergraduates (such as myself) ask for information,
or at least pointers as to where to look.  In the majority of cases, it
has appeared not, so why does a question from a first grade student
arouse such a ferver.  Personally I regard a list such as this to be an
information source and as such, have no qualms about asking for
assistance from it, so why should anyone else.

  - Sorry to bore anyone, but this is just my opinion.

After all if you don't want to have to answer peoples requests for
information, you can always delete the mail item (just as you can do with
this one!)

                       *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

    If, as estimates suggest, invertebrates make up 95% of all animal
        species, then statistically all the rest are errors(!)

                             Paul G. Watson
              St. Anne's College, Oxford, OX2 6HS  ENGLAND
                             (01865) 511347
                      [email-masked]

                       *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*