Subject: European checklist

From: "Nieukerken, E.J. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 12:53:54 +0100

Last week the long awaited checklist of European Leps was published.
Yesterday I got my copy as one of the authors.
The book has more than 10,000 valid names with some synonyms in the
notes section. Each family has its own author(s). The final editing by
Ole Karsholt has made it an extremely important and usuful milestone in
European lepidopterology, despite some minor inconsistencies.

What is very important is that a cd-rom with the whole list in dbf,
paradox and ascii format is included.
The editors want to publish updates regularly, including electronic
versions.

Reference:

O. Karsholt & J. Razowski (eds.). The Lepidoptera of Europe. A
distribution Checklist. - Apollo Books, Stenstrup, 380 pp., bound A4, +
cd-rom.

Price DKK 490 plus p&p, can be ordered at Apollo Books Aps., Kirkeby
Sand 19, DK-5771 Stenstrup, Denmark

I am not sure about the current rate, but it is something like USD 100.

Erik J. van Nieukerken

Nationaal Natuurhistorisch Museum
dep. of Entomology/ EIS-NL
PO Box 9517, 2300 RA Leiden
Netherlands

phone: +31-71-5162682
fax:      +31-71-5133344
e-mail:  [email-masked]