Subject: (no subject given)

From: Sonny Ramaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 08:11:32 -0500

>
>I can answer only for Nymphalis, Polygonia and Vanessa. They do feed as
>adults, in cages they readily take sugarwater on a sponge, and in the field
>at least Nymphalis and Polygonia like flowering Salix but also the sap of
>injured trees. As for monandry/polyandry the Palearctic Polygonia c-album is
>strongly polyandrous (tell me if you need a reference) whereas I have no
>information regarding Nymphalis and Vanessa.
>

Thanks very much for the information on Nymphalis and Polygonia.  Could you
please send me a reference on Polygonia?  Thanks very much.

ciao, Sonny

*****************************************************************************
Sonny Ramaswamy                                 TEL:    (601) 325-2085
Dept. of Entomology & Plant Pathology           FAX:    (601) 325-8837
Mississippi State University                    E-mail: [email-masked]
Mississippi State, MS 39762-9775, USA

             www-url: http://www.msstate.edu/Entomology/ENTPLP.html
*****************************************************************************