Subject: Cornell University Insect Collection WWW site open!

From: [email-masked] (Kip Will)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:38:37 GMT

The Cornell University Insect Collection WWW site is now open!!

I would like to invite all of you to visit our newly constructed WWW
site at- 

http://www.cals.cornell.edu/dept/entom/type/html.doc/hp.htm

On our pages you will find:

** a historical account of the insect collection and the collectors
with many nice images

** a fast, searchable index of Cornell University's type specimens
with references, and notes

** a growing list of taxa in the collection (some orders to species
level others with general descriptions) 

** information (homepages) on people currently associated with the
collection

** some insect images and more

Please stop by and send us your comments. If you notice the URL given
above is absent from any Entomological source sites you come across
please feel free to pass it on.

Also, we would like feedback from you on the services of the site.
Feel free to contact 
James Liebherr - [email-masked], or Richard Hoebeke -
[email-masked] in matters concerning the functions of the collection
in general and Kip Will- [email-masked], for issues regarding the
web pages themselves.