Subject: Lists of butterfly's fauna's?

From: Maxim A. Klepikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 95 17:30:55 +0300

Hello!
     Now I  have the some ideas concerning to mathematical comparisons
of similarity of regions fauna. I need in material for confirmation of
this method.  As example,  I want to choose regional lists of butterf-
ly's faunas. Now I have two articles:
     1. " Checklist of lithuanian Lepidoptera " \Ivinskis P.;  Vilnus,
1993. ( more, than 2000 species );
     2. "  Lepidoptera  of  the Kola Peninsula,  northwestern Russia "
\Michail V. Kozlov . Jukka Jalava ( 585 species );
     It is the example of regions, which are beside. Can anyone to re-
commend for me of work with lists from more far regions? I can not use
FTP, WWW and so on; I can use only this internet.
     Thanks in advance!
     With best regards,
     Maxim A. Klepikov.

--- 
Maxim A. Klepikov
Tutaev's Nature House
email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (MICHAEL BUTLER)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 00:51:04 GMT

>email: [email-masked]

Maxim, you might want to take a look at some of the following:

Corbet, A.S., H.M. Pendlebury, and J.N. Eliot. 1978. The Butterflies of the 
Malay Penninsula. Third Edition.  Malayan Nature Society. Kuala Lumpur.

DeVries, P.J. 1987. The Butterflies of Costa Rica and the Natural History. 
Princeton University Press. Princeton. N.J.

Fox, R.M., A.W. Lindsey, H.K. Clench, and L.D. Miller. 1965.  The Butterflies 
of Liberia.  Memoirs of the American Entomological Society 19: 1-438.

Good luck,

---

From: [email-masked] (Terry Kaan)
Date: 25 Jan 1995 01:23:19 GMT

>Malay Penninsula. Third Edition.  Malayan Nature Society. Kuala Lumpur.

There's a fourth edition now (1992), by JN Eliot, with beautiful color
plates by B. D'Abrera.  ISBN 983-9681-05-2, or write to the Malayan Nature
Society at P.O. Box 10750, 50724 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (phone 7912185,
fax 7917722). For those into moths, the Malayan Nature Society is also the
publisher of "An Introduction to the Moths of South East Asia" (1982), by
HS Barlow, again with plates by D'Abrera, 305 pp. + 50 color plates. 

Terry Kaan
[email-masked]