Subject: Wanted: Thermo-regulation of butterflies

From: [email-masked] (Richard Muise)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 01:25:57 GMT

Hello. I am looking for information on the thermo-regulation of
butterflies (as the subject suggests). I am most interested in information
pertaining to butterfly basking. Does anyone have any good pointers to
this subject. I've used WWW search engines, archie, and gopher, 
and none have found anything really in this subject.

thanks,
richard
[email-masked]
-- 
Friends : Don't Let Friends Do DOS !	
	881045m @ dragon.acadiau.ca
	[email-masked]
moderator of Comp.Parallel.    Comp.Parallel address: [email-masked]

---

From: Mark Etheridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 22:21:51 -0500

Richerd, there's a book called, "The Lives of Butterflies", by Matthew M.
Douglas that covers thermoregulation rather well. Hope this helps.
Mark

---

From: Gerry Rising <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 15:56:56 -0500

> [email-masked]

In risk of telling you something you already know, the best resource of
whom I am aware on thermoregulation is Bernd Heinrich. He has a 1987
Scientific American article on this and, more important, a book: THE
HOT-BLOODED INSECTS: STRATEGIES AND MECHANISMS OF THERMOREGULATION
(Harvard University Press, 1993).

Gerry Rising                                  phone: 716-689-8301
295 Robinhill Drive                        messages: 716-645-3175
Williamsville, NY 14221-1639                    fax: 716-645-3161
---- e-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]