Subject: Help - electrophoresis technique

From: Ron Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 11:44:43 -0500

A biochemistry colleague and I, working at an underfunded state
"university" (=teachers college) have joined forces in a allozyme
electrophoresis comparison of two populations of Incisalia polia in North
Dakota. We are working with an adept, talented and industrious
undergraduate lab technician, but we all have limited experience in this
area. We are working with 1% agarose gels on several (currently seven)
enzymes (G6PDH, IDH, MDH, 6PDGH, PGI, PGM, PMI). We have encountered some
difficulty with ill-defined bands and low migration distances. I know
almost nothing about the nuances of electrophoresis, and would appreciate
contact from anyone who can suggest ways to trouble-shoot this problem
and/or literature that will help us to do so.

Please address us directly <[email-masked]>, not the list.

Thanks in advance.

**********************************************************************
Ronald A. Royer
Division of Science
Minot State University, Minot ND 58707
701-857-3209 (Personal Office), 3161 (Division Office)
701-839-6933 (FAX), <[email-masked]>
**********************************************************************