Subject: Re: butterfly houses

From: [email-masked] (Riley Foster)
Date: 10 Feb 1995 13:34:50 GMT

Miriam Rothschild & Clive Ferrell wrote a book, THE BUTTERFLY
GARDENER, which discusses maintaining a butterfly greenhouse. Actually
1/2 of the book is on outdoor butterfly gardening & the other is on
indoor butterfly gardening. I got this book through inter-library loan
as I don't think it is available in the US or Canada. Sources for live
pupae or eggs can be found in the back of the Lepidopterists Society
newsletter. I can find the latest copy & e-mail some addresses to you.
A good idea would to call Day Butterfly Center at Callaway Gardens,
Pine Mountain, GA. 
-- 

          "The more necessary anything appears to my mind, the more
           certain it is that I only assert a limitation."

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil Jones)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 22:32:25 +0000

I have posted about this before, but there have been problems with
the news server to which I connect and as I did not receive it posted back
as usual, I assume it did not get through.

The Butterfly Gardener by Miriam Rothschild and Clive Farrell
was published in 1983 by Michael Joseph Ltd 44 Bedford Square, London WC1
 and the Rainbird Publishing Group Ltd 40 Park Street, London W1Y 4DE
The section on indoor butterfly gardening has chapters entitled
Setting up the Greenhouse, Nectar and other Butterfly Foods, A tropical Life
Cycle, More Butterflies for your Greenhouse, Breeding Native Butteflies
and Pests and other problems the ISBN number is 0 7181 2258 5 
-- 
Neil Jones [email-masked]