Subject: Best time for a visit to CAIRNS / ATHERTON TABLELAND ?

From: [email-masked] (e9025095)
Date: 29 Jan 1996 09:11:55 GMT

I am planning to visit North-Queensland between October and November 1996
as part of a five-week trip through Australia. I intend to stay about a 
week, visitting some islands (Green, Fitzroy, Dunk) and the tropical 
rainforests of Atherton Tableland and Cape Tribulation.
My main interests (as stated in a similar post concerning Kakadu NP, 
posted also to this group today) are observing and photographing
butterflies and birds. Especially Atherton Tableland (according to my 
guides 62% of Australia's butterflies occur there) seems most interesting,
but I have not the faintest idea when they are actually flying.

Besides going to Kakadu and North-Queensland I intend to make a three-week
campervan trip from Adelaide to Sydney, and I am looking for any hint in
setting up the order for these trips.
Is it wise to visit first Kakadu, then tour Adelaide-Sydney and come to
Cairns at last, or should I go to Cairns immediately before/after Kakadu?

If anybody can help me with any information
or knows a contact address where I might get the information I search for,
please reply to this group or send an e-mail to

	[email-masked]

Many thanks in advance

					Peter Trieb