Subject: Standard labelling

From: Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 09:22:23 -0700

I have been collecting lepidoptera for many years.  I had never met 
anyone else with this hobby.  I was recently asked for specimens to 
verify type localities in my state.  They said they wanted "standard 
information".  I havbe always kept date, location and other info for all 
of my specimens.  Can someone tell me what should be on my labels? Thanx
                     Mike

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Raper)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 16:53:42 GMT

>of my specimens.  Can someone tell me what should be on my labels? Thanx

For most purposes I would guess they want:

* Scientific name
* Date of capture
* Locality of capture (as close as possible - a map grid reference if
possible)
* Collector's name

Other information could include:
* Identification verified by XXX
* Altitude

Cheers
Chris R.

--
All views are my own and are not necessarily those of my employer.