Subject: LEPS-L FAQ sheet

From: "Lawrence F. Gall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 11:57:02 EST

(will be distributed at the start of each month)

                         FAST FACT SHEET
                Lepidoptera Discussion List: LEPS-L

TO POST MESSAGES TO LEPS-L:
--------------------------

Compose email addressed to [email-masked] and put what you
want to say to the group in the text of your email.  Please include a
several word synopsis of what your email is about in the Subject line.

MANAGING YOUR LEPS-L SUBSCRIPTION:
---------------------------------

All email for managing your list subscription should be addressed to
[email-masked] (*not* to the posting address).  The most
commonly desired actions are below.  Note that the Usenet Newsgroup
sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera carries all email sent to the LEPS-L
list, and vice versa.

Your desire:                       Text of email should be:
-----------                        -----------------------

signup to the list                 SUBSCRIBE LEPS-L yourname
signoff from the list              UNSUBSCRIBE LEPS-L
get listing of subscribers         REV LEPS-L
stop receipt of mail temporarily   SET LEPS-L NOMAIL
resume mail delivery again         SET LEPS-L MAIL
daily digest of email instead      SET LEPS-L DIGEST
of getting individual pieces

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
--------------------

More detailed fact sheets and a searchable email archive that includes
LEPS-L correspondence from January 1995 is on the internet at the URL:

    gopher://gopher.peabody.yale.edu:70/11/main/Entomology/lepsl

Questions or comments not answered by the material above can be
sent to the listowner, Larry Gall, at [email-masked]

......................................................................
Lawrence F. Gall                 internet:  [email-masked]   :
Systems Office                      voice:  203-432-9892             :
Peabody Museum, Yale University       FAX:  203-432-9816             :
New Haven, CT 06520-8118 USA                                         :