Subject: Help ant parasite

From: [email-masked] (Microgravity Research Center)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 07:47:27 GMT

Hi,

I am looking for informations over a parasite that plugs itself on the 
neurons of ants to influence their motion. Any information on the subject or
or similar ones is welcome (remarks, references, www address,...)

Thanks in advance

Olivier Charlier

---

From: [email-masked] (john janovy)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 23:27:12 GMT

Microgravity Research Center ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi,

: I am looking for informations over a parasite that plugs itself on the 
: neurons of ants to influence their motion. Any information on the subject or
: or similar ones is welcome (remarks, references, www address,...)

: Thanks in advance

: Olivier Charlier

Olivier -

The parasite is a trematode (Ph. Platyhelminthes) named _Dicrocoelium 
dendriticum_; you ought to be able to find out a great deal from any 
general parasitology text (or at least get a lead into the literature 
from such a source).

John Janovy, Jr.
Univ Nebr-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0118
[email-masked]