Subject: Ludiinae

From: "Paul J. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 20:30:41 -0600

Silk Moth'ers,
    Sorry to break silence as a lurker, but I've run across a
nomenclatural matter of some importance.  Regrettably, the grand
expanse of lep (and other) literature on campus leaves much to be
desired!
     Ludiinae is a name used within Saturniidae for certain African
taxa.  I have been unable to trace the origin of this name, and its
type genus.
     In Elateridae (Coleoptera) there is another Ludiinae that is still
available, but not valid.  Obviously, I need to determine the priority
of these names, and deal appropriately.
     May I request, from a generous soul, the following information, or
a lead for finding the information:

     author and citation for Ludiinae (Saturniidae)
     type genus and its author and citation, of this Ludiinae

     Regrettably, the Neave volumes did not help!

Many thanks,

Paul

Click, click,

Paul J. Johnson
Assist. Prof. & Curator
Insect Research Collection
South Dakota State University
e-mail (office): [email-masked]
       (home): [email-masked]