Subject: Anyone interested in trading insects?

From: [email-masked] (Angela14)
Date: 2 Jun 1995 16:11:32 -0400

Is there anyone on this board who is interested in trading for insects
from
Michigan (in the United States), especially lepidoptera?  I'm a
15-year-old
"budding" entomologist, and although I have been collecting for only a
year,
I've already got more than 200 insects.  Since my collecting has slowed
somewhat because I have so many different species already, I'm becoming
more
and more interested in trading with different parts of the country, and
possibly the world.  I catch quite a few varieties of butterflies here (I
live out in the country). Monarchs, Black Swallowtails, Tiger
Swallowtails,
Grey and Banded Hairstreaks, Red Admirals, American Painted Ladies,
Cabbage
Butterflies, Clouded Sulphurs, Alfalfa Butterflies (a.k.a the Orange
Sulphur), Pink-edged Sulphurs, and Crescents are in great abundance and I
can
almost guarantee that I could catch them for trade, and sometimes I can
get
Great Spangled Fritillaries, Mourning Cloaks, Spicebush Swallowtails,
Common
Blues, Red-Spotted Purples, Satyrs, Checkerspots, Anglewings, Milbert's
Tortoiseshells, Viceroys, Coppers, and Skippers.  I'm starting to become
interested in moths as well, and can catch Isabellas, Ctenuchas, a large
variety of Noctuids and Geometers, and possibly Sphinxes, Underwings, and
Giant Silk Moths. 

I could easily collect information on these species, and if I do get a
trading partner, I could send it to them over the internet or with the
shipped specimens.  I would only send perfect or nearly perfect specimens.
 I
can spread them before shipping them if you wish (I pride myself in my
spreading).  

I didn't mean this letter to sound so businesslike!  I'm sorry if I
overwhelmed anybody here.  I thought now would be a good time to look for
a
trading partner because the spring season is already here. 

Also, if anyone is interested in information about insects from my area,
just let
me know and I'll see if I can do anything.

I hope to hear from somebody soon!

Until then, have fun collecting, everyone!

--Angela