Subject: Re: Cinnabar Moth (Tyria jacobaea) in Moth Trap

From: Ian Woiwod <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 13:48:34 +0100

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I have of course seen T.jacobaea
flying freely during the day but never with much purpose. I think they are
easily disturbed  in the day but their main activity such as mating and egg
laying is mainly late at night, unless anyone knows better?
         Ian Woiwod

---

From: Simon Moxey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 95 09:55:51 GMT

>laying is mainly late at night, unless anyone knows better?
I can't say that I have ever seen them laying but given their colouration
I would opt for daytime laying and I do seem to remember, in the far and 
distant past, seeing them en cop in the day.

My 2p

-- 
 Simon M                                |
 [email-masked]               |       Dark in 'ere init?
 CIS 70624,506   pgp key available(2.6) |