Subject: Who's Who problems...

From: "Phil Schappert <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 07:20:19 -0500

Hi everyone,

Two separate problems regarding the Online Lepidopterists' Who's Who have
been brought to my attention recently.  The first is on my end, my sys.
admin. informs me that some 20-odd messages were "dropped" on Thurs. Mar.
2nd.  This may (or may not) have included some submission forms.  I have
received submissions from: Erica Fleishman; Michael Kanost; Felix Sperling;
Richard A. Lent; and Chris van Swaay.  If you submitted a form and are not
listed then please re-submit (my apologies to all).  The second is from
the University of Florida (zoo.ufl.edu) and is reprinted below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, thanx for the list, but count me as one vote for not mailing the list
every month - have it available somewhere for FTP/gopher/etc., and announce
its existence and location every month with a list of the new names added
since the last time.  Our server is desperately short on space and your
list was enough to crash it - I will have to unsubscribe if the policy does
not change.  Best wishes, ******
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else having a problem like this?  Note that, as per my notes to
the announcement/submission form, I can easily split the listing up into
two or more smaller parts - if this will help.  Another solution may be
to uuencode a compressed binary of the list.  Other suggestions?  Comments?

Thanks for your time...

Phil Schappert
[email-masked]
[email-masked]