Subject: Re: New butterfly farm?

From: Claire Hagen Dole <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:38:03 -0800

>
>I heard through the grapevine that there is a new butterfly conservatory
>(supposedly North-America's largest) somewhere near Niagara Falls, Canada.
>
>Is there truth to this and if so, any information about it would be greatly
>appreciated!!
>
>
>Best regards,
>Leino Ole
>Montreal, Canada
>
The Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory is scheduled to open on Dec.
14.  It's one of the largest in the world, with on-site breeding of
Heliconius.  Eventually there will be a butterfly garden, meadow and pond
outdoors.  Their address is Box 150, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6T2; phone
(905) 356-8554.  They produce a newsletter and other promotional materials.
Claire Hagen Dole, Butterfly Gardeners' Quarterly.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 15:01:54 GMT

The new Niagara Falls Butterfly Conservatory opens to the public on 
Saturday, December 14th at 9 am. Admission for adults is $6.00.

I understand that the Conservatory expects to have at least 2000 
butterflies on display at all times.

For further information, contact Jason Shoupe at: 
[email-masked]

I would also appreciate hearing from anyone who has spotted recent 
journal articles, magazine or newspaper articles or advertising using 
the monarch butterfly.

The winter 1996 issue of Orion has a 9 page article on the monarch 
butterfly.

Has anyone heard how the monarchs are faring at their overwintering 
sites in Mexico.

Toronto remains overcast, has been for a few days, and will continue 
to be so, with some rain. Temperatures just above freezing.

Regards,

Don Davis
Toronto, Ontario

[email-masked]