Subject: Butterfly guide for Quebec (Canada)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:18:42 +0200

Hi,

Since I am going to spend the month of July in Quebec (Canada), I would 
like to find a good butterfly guide for this region. Can anybody help 
me?

Thanks in advance

Dirk Maes
Institute of Nature Conservation
Kliniekstraat 25
B-1070 Brussels
Belgium
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Bernard Landry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 15:30:29 -0700

Unfortunately, PAPILLONS ET CHENILLES DU QUEBEC ET DE L'EST DU CANADA by
Jean-Paul Laplante (published by Editions France-Amerique in 1985; pp.
279) is not long available anywhere in Quebec, and the editor went
bankrupt several years ago already. At the time of the bankrupcy, the
remaining copies in stock were bought by another editor, who quickly sold
them out. And because the original plates are still in Asia, due to debts
incurred by the editor, it is unlikely that the book will ever be
reprinted.

Bernard

BERNARD LANDRY

Environmental Science, Policy
and Management
201 Wellman Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720
U.S.A.

Tel.: (510) 642-7381 (bureau)
Tel.: (510) 642-7410 (labo)
Tel.: (510) 486-0204 (maison)
Fax.: (510) 642-7428
Internet: [email-masked]