Subject: Field Guide to the Smaller Moths of SE Asia

From: Gaden Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:32:18 GMT

Apologies to those whom we have subjected our "plug" already, but if you've
got it, flaunt it! This is a great book published by a great organisation.
We have had numerous requests as to how to go about buying it. It's not
straightforward, sorry; we explain why below. Thanks to those who have
ordered, and specially to the one US$ purchaser who did it exactly right.
But have you received the book, Dan?

****************************************************************************
A Field Guide to the Smaller Moths of South-East Asia. By Gaden S.
Robinson, Kevin R. Tuck & Michael Shaffer. Illustrations: Katrina Cook. 309
pp., 51 figs, 32 col. pls. ISBN 983-9681-13-3. Published May 1994 by:
Malaysian Nature Society, P.O. Box 10750, 50724 KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia.
****************************************************************************

Introduction to the Microlepidoptera and Pyraloidea of SE Asia - top-down
approach to the families, the major genera, to the common, conspicuous and
pest species and to those of which we have some biological knowledge,
and to a few where we just thought "that's interesting!". 650 species
illustrated in colour and enough mentioned in the text to allow you to
differentiate 1000 species (from a total fauna of 6500+ - we can't do it
all). Wonderful half-tone drawings of heads to highlight those key
differences in head structures that are crucial to separating families of
Microlepidoptera.
____________________________________________________________________________

To order from the US, send a cheque for US$35.00 and made payable to "Mr
Timothy Horan Jnr - Trustee" to Mr H.S. Barlow, Treasurer, Malaysian Nature
Society, P.O Box 10139, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA, along with a covering note
with your mailing address. For UK orders, send a cheque for #22.50 to the
above address; if paying in Ringgit Malaysia (orders from Malaysia,
Singapore and Brunei only) pay RM75.00.
___________________________________________________________________________

The price quoted includes packing and surface mail charges - surface mail
can take up to 10 weeks to US and European destinations.
___________________________________________________________________________

We are sorry if this sounds curcuitous. However, publishing in a
developing country that is in the "target area" for the Guide does two
things - it keeps the price down and it makes the book quickly and
simply available to the people who are going to make the most use of
it.
___________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaden S. Robinson, Biodiversity Division, Department of Entomology,
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, LONDON SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel.: +44-(0)171-938-9494. Fax: +44-(0)171-938-8937.
INTERNET: [email-masked] [or] [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------