Subject: Agreement for monarch butterfly conservation

From: [email-masked] (mayumi toi)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 21:04:06 GMT

Today, I attended the third regular  session of the Council for
Environmental Cooperation in Toronto as an observer. Created under NAFTA,
this council attempts to deal with various environmental issues pertaining
to Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Council members are:

Sergio Marchi, Minister of the Environment (Canada)
Carol Browner, Administrator opf the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Julia Carabias, Secretary of State for the Environment, Natural Resources
and Fisheries (Mexico).

Tomorrow, an international accord on the conservation and preservation of
the monarch butterfly will be signed by the three Council members. Dr.
Fred Urquhart, and his wife, Norah, were to have witnessed the signing of
this historic agreement. However, they are ill and may not attend.

After the signing, a press release will be issued. I also have the text of
the agreement. Drop me an e-mail message if you would like a copy of this
information or of general information printed in Spanish about the monarch
butterfly.

Don Davis

[email-masked],internet