Subject: Re: Possible to grow moths

From: Christopher Conlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 10:12:46 -0700

The answer to this question is a definite YES.  There are many folks who
raise moths as part of their hobby or profession.  Some of the best books
for starters include:
"Moths and How to Rear Them" by Paul Villiard.  This one is out of print
I think, but you may still be able to locate a copy in a library or
someplace that specializes in out of print books.
"Growing Moths" by R. Dirig is another good one for the beginner.  This
is still available from Bioquip and it's cheap.
I'm sure there are other beginner books, but I can't think of them off
the top of my head.  There are also several books that cater to the folks
who are already somewhat experienced.  This would include "A Silkmoth
Rearers Handbook" by Gardiner which may also still be available from
Bioquip.  You also have the expertise of many of the people on this list
at your fingertips.  Good Luck.
Chris
[email-masked]
Opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer