Subject: Swallowtail vs Bt

From: James Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:02:20 CST

Hello,

A few weeks ago I provided a reference for the effects of Bt on non-
target Lepidoptera.  I believe I made a mistake with the journal, so
here it is again.  Sorry for any lost time at the library...

Johnson, Kelly S., J.M. Scriber, J.K. Nitao, and D.R. Smitley.  1995.
   Toxicity of Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki to three
   nontarget Lepidoptera in field studies.  Environmental Entomology
   24(2):288-297.

This source provides a good bibliography of articles dealing with Bt
persistance in the environment.

Cheers!
Jim Kruse

Dept Entomology
Univ Wisconsin
345 Russell Labs
1630 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
608-262-4755