Subject: Excess Butterfly Specimens

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Donnelly)
Date: 3 May 1995 16:47:58 GMT

Hi.  I am not a regular reader of this newsgroup, so if anyone wishes to 
reply, please do so directly to me at my email address.

I have quite a few boxes of unpinned butterfly specimens.  I wondered if 
anyone wanted them to teach pinning to children or whomever.  To be honest, 
I have not looked at them in several years, but they should be in decent 
shape, they are in airtight boxes, where they have been for many years. 
Every so often I get an itch to make a new display, but I have far more 
butterflies than I'll ever need.

I don't know offhand what species are included.  Most are from India, and
several are from Thailand, Costa Rica, and Venezuela.  I have already
pinned the nice ones (like several of the yellow birdwings and other papilios)
so the ones remaining are either pretty common or not in the greatest 
shape.  But there are some nice butterflies in there, and if anyone has a 
class or something, it would be nice to have something a little different
to work on besides what you can obtain locally.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.  They're free, but I'd like to
give them to someone who would have a good use for them.

Thanks.

andyd

[email-masked]

---

From: "David B. Richman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 08:49:39 -0600

The following sightings were from my backyard, among the "wild flowers"
(blue flax, corn flowers, corn poppies, California poppies, larkspur,
Shasta daisies, chocolate flower, roadside phlox and wall flowers).
Mesilla Park, Dona County, NM, el. 3900'. Sunny, High 60s-70 F.  May 6, 1995.

Junonia nigrosuffusa
Eurema mexicana

David B. Richman
Dept. of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003