Subject: synclita occidentalis

From: Matthew Alexander Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 00:16:28 -0800

Hello, I recently came across a specimen which I believe to be a member
of the species Synclita occidentalis. I'm having an extremely hard time
finding information on aquatic case building leps. Does anybody have any
information regarding this topic that could be of use to me?

Matt Hawkins
University of California at Berkeley
[email-masked]

---

From: James Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 09:50:02 CST

Tue, 7 Nov  Matthew Alexander Hawkins <[email-masked]>
 Writes:

> Hello, I recently came across a specimen which I believe to be a
member of the species Synclita occidentalis. I'm having an extremely
hard time finding information on aquatic case building leps. Does
anybody have any information regarding this topic that could be of
use to me?
> [email-masked]

Hello,
  A good reference on aquatic Lepidoptera is Merritt & Cummins,
Introduction to the Aquatic Insects of North America,  more
specific- chapter 15 (pg 187 of the addition I have which isn't the
latest).
    The chapter was written by W.H. Lange of UC Davis, who I'm sure
has a number of journal articles out.

Good luck!
Jim Kruse

P.S.  I hope "gobears" in your address is not in reference to the
Chicago Bears!!  -Green Bay fan.....

Dept Entomology
Univ Wisconsin
345 Russell Labs
1630 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
608-262-4755