Subject: Re: Generators for moth traps

From: "Orville G. Marti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 08:56:20 EDT

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 21:54:32 GMT Chris Raper said:
>On Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:02:10 +0000, "Mark J. Dixon"
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Can anyone in the UK give me the address (or web site - I wish) of a
>>Geneartor stockist suitaable for running a moth trap.
>>
>>Can anyone in the world recommend a make/model and why.
>>
>>Thanks for your help in anticipation.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Mark.
>
>I think Honda seem to be the most used. Try a search for their web
>page.
>
>Chris R.
>

   I am leaving in a few days for a 3-week stay in Guadeloupe, primarily
   to collect moths.  I purchased a Honda EX350 generator to run my
   160 watt mercury vapor bulb and a utility light.  The EX350 is the
   smallest and lightest (19 pounds) that Honda makes, but I suppose other
   makes would do just as well.  This model runs for 3 hours on 0.2 liter
   of gasoline (at the 150 watt setting).  The generator costs about $450.
   It cost another $100 to have it sent via air cargo to Guadeloupe, as it
   can't go in ordinary luggage (though it is small enough to fit in a
   medium-sized suitcase).

--
************************************************************************
Orville G. Marti, Jr.          P.O. Box 748
Microbiologist                 Tifton, Ga.  31793
Phone: 912-387-2328 (office)   INTERNET: [email-masked]
Phone: 912-387-2350 (lab)      FAX: 912-387-2321

    There are in fact two things, science and opinion;
    the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.
                                  .........Hippocrates
*************************************************************************

---

From: "Mark J. Dixon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 22:28:23 +0000

Hi Chris,

>I think Honda seem to be the most used. Try a search for their web

Judging by the replies I have received so far,  Honda is the most popular and
there is a web page at http://www.dct.com/motorsports/ (pretty pictures and
specifications too).

Regards,
Mark.