Subject: Tropical Conservation Biology Course in Costa Rica

From: "Shaun M. Bennett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:03:44 -0500

The Organization for Tropical Studies Announces Openings in

TROPICAL CONSERVATION BIOLOGY

in Costa Rica

Tropical Conservation Biology, first offered by OTS in 1995, will accept
applications until April 15. Students from non-OTS institutions are welcome
to apply. The course examines the rapidly developing field of conservation
biology including biological diversity, conservation areas, land management
practices, and underlying ecological factors in three sharply contrasting
ecological zones.  The course lasts four weeks (July 4 through July 30) and
will be led by Drs. Martin Quigley (Eastern Illinois University) and
Catherine Lindell (Harvard), both of whom have extensive tropical
experience.  Tuition is $600 for students from OTS institutions and $1200
>from  non-OTS institutions.  Exceptionally well qualified undergraduate
applicants will also be considered.

Additional information on both courses and application forms are available
>from  OTS' North American Office, at 919-684-5774, or <[email-masked]>.
Shaun Bennett
Academic Director
Organization for Tropical Studies
Box 90633
Durham, NC 27708-0633
[email-masked]
919-684-5774