Subject: Looking for Foodplant

From: [email-masked] (Whirlabout)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 19:24:29 -0500

In my attempts to attract more butterflies, I've planted (and
continue to experiment with) many types of nectar plants.
However, to really complete this process, I also need the host
foodplants which seem to be significantly more difficult to find.
I've had some success but several plants are still elusive.

The primary larval foodplant for the Baltimore (Euphydryas
phaeton) is listed as Turtlehead (Chelone glabra) by Glassberg &
Opler. Does anyone out there know of a commercial source for this
plant??

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
================================================================
                                               It is never too late to be
what you might have been.
Ron                                                -  George Eliot
[email-masked]
================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Sue Mandeville)
Date: 19 Jan 1995 23:34:37 GMT

Dear Ron,    You can get Chelone glabra from Richter's Herbs in Canada. See
attached file on how to contact by email.

Sue

***************************************************

>From  @mail.uunet.ca:catreply@richtr Thu Dec 15 19:23:57 1994

Dear Netter, 

Thank you for requesting the Richters herb catalogue by electronic mail.  

Richters is perhaps the only mailorder herb company that is open for 
business by email.  You can order seeds, plants, dried herbs, books, videos,
posters and accessories relating to herbs quickly by email.  You can also 
make inquiries about orders or about the products that we carry.  

Because we are so close to the December 30 mailing date of our new 1995 
catalogue, we will hold your request until then.  If you need a catalogue 
sooner, we can send a 1994 edition on request.  You can get a listing of 
all of the new herbs and vegetables by emailing a request to: 

    [email-masked]

The 1995 catalogue will list 37 new herb varieties, some of which are 
exclusive to Richters.  The 100 page colour catalogue will describe over 
730 herb seeds, plants and dried herbs.  The catalogue will be packed with 
so much information, we cannot distribute it electronically; it is only 
available by mail.  If your request included your mailing address, you will 
be receiving a copy in early January.  If you did not send your complete 
mailing address, please resend your request with the address.

Normally we charge $2 for the catalogue ($4 outside North America).  
However, catalogue requests received before December 15 will be free-of-
charge.  This is because we can include your catalogue in our big annual 
bulk mailing of our catalogue, and mailing costs are much cheaper than 
at other times of the year. 

In the meantime, if there are any specific questions about herbs that you 
are looking for, I will be happy to answer your questions by email.  

With best wishes, 

Conrad Richter 
Vice-President                  

P.S.  We ship most items to the U.S.A. with few problems to our American 
customers.  Plants, by the way, are shipped duty-free from Buffalo, NY, 
by UPS.  

RICHTERS HERBS                     | Info:                 [email-masked]
Goodwood, ON  L0C 1A0, Canada      | Catalog Requests:  [email-masked]
Tel +1-905-640-6677  Fax 640-6641  | What's New for '95:    [email-masked]