Subject: Re: Battus devilliers

From: [email-masked] (Christopher Majka)
Date: 24 Jan 95 11:57:26 -0400

Hi Pierre!

> This species is listed in NABA's list of species (see Iowa State's
> Entomology Resources via Gopher) known to occur in North America.
> Nowhere else can I find any data on this species.  Can anyone provide
> any bibliographic references?  I am looking for larval hosts, adult
> food/nectar sources, flight times, wingspread, larval activity (time of
> year), range, habitat, ....

The only information that quickly comes to hand is that the species is
found in Cuba described by Godart (1822) Mem. Soc. Linn. Paris 2. I'll
let you know if I find anything more.

Good luck!

Christopher Majka

---

From: [email-masked] (Pierre A Plauzoles)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 19:54:01 GMT

>let you know if I find anything more.

Thank you.  I had suspected it might be a Caribbean species, but I could 
find nothing to confirm it either way.
Y would appreciate anything you might be able to dig up; even just a 
bibliographic reference (so that I could go to the library and have some 
reasonable expectation of finding relevant data without having to dig 
all day long and get nothing) will most certainly be great.
Again, thanks.
Pierre  [email-masked]

-- 
Pierre Plauzoles   [email-masked]
Canoga Park, California

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil Jones)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 1995 19:19:55 +0000

There is an illustration of this species in the Illustrated Encyclopedia of
 the Butterfly World by Paul Smart. It also says that it is similar
to B. zetides syn zetes from Haiti which is illustrated in the Illustrated
 Encyclopedia
of Butterflies by John Feltwell which states that B. zetides is listed
as vulnerable in the Red Data Book of Threatened Swallowtail Butterflies
of the World. 

-- 
Neil Jones [email-masked]