Subject: Free Lep. Reprints

From: "Julian P. Donahue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 16:51:32 -0500

TO:  all Lepers and Mothers

Housecleaning time at the LACM lepidopterological lab. The following reprints
are available free, as long as they last (single copies indicated as "1
only"). Send request for "all available" by any and/or all authors (except
for singletons, which must be requested individually), or for individual
titles, to:
Julian P. Donahue
Natural History Museum
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90007-4057, USA
Fax: 213-746-2999
e-mail: [email-masked]

[arranged alphabetically by author: Comstock, Donahue, Henne, Hogue, McHenry;
complete citation omitted for sake of brevity]

COMSTOCK, JOHN ADAMS:
1954. Beauty and the beetle. [using beetles to make jewelry]

1958. On the early stages of the Lepidoptera (abstract).

1958 [1 only]. Early stages of Eutachyptera psidii (Lasiocampidae), a rare
moth from southern Arizona. [=Dicogaster coronada]

1961. Notes on the early stages of two Texas butterflies [Asterocampa texana,
Satyrus pegala texana]

1961 [1 only]. Brief notes on the life histories of three southwestern moths.
[Gerra sevorsa, Sarbena extusata, Fernaldella fimetaria]

1961 [1 only]. Notes on the life history of Palthis angulalis Hubner. [with
N. McFarland]

1962. Life history notes on Epiplatymetra grotearia Packard. [Geometridae]

1963. The early stages of Pero macdunnoughi Cassino and Swett (Lepidoptera,
Geometidae).

1963. The life history of Hulstina inconspicua, a geometrid moth from
southern California.

1963 [1 only]. A fruit-piercing moth of Samoa and the South Pacific islands.
[Othreis fullonia: Noctuidae]

1963 [1 only]. Notes on the life histories of two southwestern phalaenid
moths. [Nocuidae: Autographa biloba, Lacinipolia quadrilineata]

1963 [1 only]. Notes on the early stages of two California geometrids.
[Aethaloida packardaria, Prochoerodes forficaria]

1963 [1 only]. Early stages of a southern California geometrid moth,
Drepanulatrix hulsti hulsti (Dyar).

1963 [1 only]. Notes on the early stages of Drepanulatrix monicaria (Guenee)
(Geometridae).

1964. The early stages of Oidaematophorus phaceliae McD. (Lepidoptera:
Pterophoridae).

1964. Life history notes on Eupithecia macrocarpata (Lepidoptera:
Geometridae).

1964 [1 only]. Additional notes on the life history of Neoterpes edwardsata
(Geometridae). [species name corrected to ephelidaria]

1964 [1 only]. Life history notes on Catocala euphemia.

1965. Ciclo biologico de Prodenia ornithogalli Guene (Lepidoptera:
Noctuidae). [in Spanish]

1965. Notes on the life history of Philotes enoptes dammersi. [with C. Henne]

1965. Edwin Ray Hulbirt (1866-1965). [obituary]

1966. Life history of Philotes mohave (Lepidoptera: Lycaeninae).

1966. The larva and pupa of Orthosia hibisci quinquefasciata (Noctuidae).
[with C. Henne]

1966. The eggs and first instar larvae of three California moths.
[Scotogramma defessa, Camptogramma neomexicana, Sphinx vashti]

1967. Early stages of Sphinx sequoiae engelhardti (Sphingidae). [with C.
Henne]

1967. Life history of Gesta gesta invisus (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae). [with
Roy Kendall]

1967. Early stages of Lycomorpha regulus Grinnell, with notes on the imago.
(Lepidoptera: Amatidae). [now Arctiidae: Lithosiinae; with C. Henne]

1967. Studies in life histories of North American Lepidoptera. California
Annaphila III. [with C. Henne]

1969. Life history notes on Lithophane subtilis (Noctuidae) [with C. Henne]

1969. Notes on the life history of Fishia evelina hanhami (Lepidoptera).

DONAHUE, JULIAN P.:
1967. An annotated list of the butterflies of Delhi, India.

1974. A new species of Ormiscodes (Dirphiella) from Mexico (Saturniidae:
Hemileucinae). [with C. Lemaire]

1989. The Sphingidae (Lepidoptera) of Baja California, Mexico. [with J.W.
Brown]

1990. Presidential Address, 1989: Why can't lepidopterists be more like
botanists?

1991. Two new species of geometrid moths (Lepidoptera: Geometridae:
Ennominae) from Cocos Island, Costa Rica. [with J. Brown & S. Miller] [BOUND
WITH: Brown, J.W., Punctapinella (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), a new genus for
three previously known and three new species from South America.]

1993. The distribution of three broadly sympatric species of Symmerista moths
(Lepidoptera: Notodontidae) in the Great Lakes and Midwest regions of the
United States.

1993. New distribution records of the tiger-moth genus Phragmatobia in North
America (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae: Arctiinae).

1993. Six species of tiger moths (Arctiidae: Lithosiinae, Ctenuchinae) new to
the United States fauna, with notes on their nomenclaure and distribution in
Middle America.

HENNE, CHRISTOPHER (titles co-authored with Comstock listed under Comstock):
1967. Field investigations preliminary to life history studies on the
lithosina-miona-casta complex of the genus Annaphila (Noctuidae)

HOGUE, CHARLES L.:
1958. A new name for Calosaturnia meridionalis (Saturniidae). [with J.W.
Johnson]

1962. Transfer of Xanthothrix stagmatogon to Rolua and notes on the genus.
[Noctuidae]

1963. A definition and classification of the tribe Stiriini (Lepidoptera:
Noctuidae).

1963. A standard method for mounting whole adult Lepidoptera on slides
utilizing polystyrene plastic.

1965. Systematics and life history of Saturnia (Calosaturnia) albofasciata in
California (Saturniidae). [with F. Sala, N. McFarland, and C. Henne]

1965. A new species of Basilodes from the southwestern United States
(Noctuidae).

McHENRY, PADDY:
1963. Generic or subgeneric names closely related to Argynnis.

The generic, specific and lower category names of the Nearctic butterflies
[series of 6 papers under this title]:
1962. Part 1--the genus Pieris
1963. Part 2--the genus Colias
1964. Part 3--Argynnids
1965. Part 4--the genus Euptoieta
1967. Part 5--the genus Heliconius
1967. Part 6--the genus Dryas