Subject: Endangered CA B'flies Web pages (Inc Bay Checkerspot)

From: Neil Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 22:12:47 GMT

I have just completed a new web page on endangered Californian butterflies.
The URL is:-
http://www.digiserve.com/apollo/calend.html

The butterflies featured are The Bay Checkerspot,The Quino Checkerspot,
and the Palosverdes Blue.

I would appreciate any feedback on these pages, especially from those who
are using browsers other than Netscape.

I am looking to expand these pages in the future. Has anyone yet tried to put
video images of butterflies on the web?

I would like once again to thank my American friends, originally contacted
through this list, who enabled me to see these gorgeous creatures.

I would urge all of you who have influence over there to support the Endangered
Species Act and to do all you can to see that future generations are not 
deprived of the opportunity to see these flying jewels. 

These new Californian pictures follow on from those from my trip to Ecuador
last year. Please note that any links to http://uptown.turnpike.net/~aurelian
should be changed to the equivalent digiserve pages. I no longer have
update access to the turnpike site and they may be deleted at any time.
-- 
Neil Jones- [email-masked] "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed, but when
the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more another heaven
and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." William Beebe