Subject: Unknown caterpillar

From: Kurt Stueber <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Nov 1995 14:56:38 GMT

Dear netters,
On my snapdragon plant I found a caterpillar. I collected this
caterpillar, put a cutting of the snapdragon in a beaker and 
took a photo. Several days later several larvae of parasitic wasps
emerged from the caterpillar, destroying the hope of breeding the
butterfly... :-(..

Here are the places where you may find the photos of the caterpillar:

http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~stueber/snapdragon/pict/kst_still52.jpg
and 
http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~stueber/snapdragon/pict/kst_still53.jpg

Maybe someone is able to tell me the latin name of the caterpillar?
Greetings Kurt
email: [email-masked]

---

From: Matti Ahola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 22:35:48 +0200

>email: [email-masked]

Hi Kurt!

The larva in your pictures seems to be Lacanobia oleracea.

Best regards

Matti Ahola

[email-masked]