Subject: Battus devilliers

From: [email-masked] (Pierre A Plauzoles)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 00:57:43 GMT

This species is listed in NABA's list of species (see Iowa State's 
Entomology Resources via Gopher) known to occur in North America.  
Nowhere else can I find any data on this species.  Can anyone provide 
any bibliographic references?  I am looking for larval hosts, adult 
food/nectar sources, flight times, wingspread, larval activity (time of 
year), range, habitat, ....
Thank you for any details you might be willing to share as well.
Pierre Plkauzoles  [email-masked]

---

From: "Phil Schappert <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 08:02:03 -0500

TO: [email-masked]

[email-masked] (Pierre A Plauzoles) wrote:

a> This species is listed in NABA's list of species (see Iowa State's
a> Entomology Resources via Gopher) known to occur in North America.
a> Nowhere else can I find any data on this species.  Can anyone
a> provide any bibliographic references?  I am looking for larval
a> hosts, adult food/nectar sources, flight times, wingspread, larval
a> activity (time of year), range, habitat, ....

[email-masked] (Christopher Majka) replied:

n> The only information that quickly comes to hand is that the species is
n> found in Cuba described by Godart (1822) Mem. Soc. Linn. Paris 2. I'll
n> let you know if I find anything more.

Now to add my $.02 worth...

Hi to Pierre & Christopher,

See "The Butterflies of the West Indies and South Florida" by D.S.=20
Smith, L.D. Miller & J.Y. Miller (Oxford Univ. Press, 1994), pp. 164 for=20
further info.

Phil Schappert
York University, Toronto
[email-masked]/[email-masked]

=FE CMPQwk 1.42-17 1489 =FE...Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
                                         =20