Subject: Idalia society ?

From: Floyd Catchpole <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 19:56:43 -0500

Hi all;

Heard about the existence of the idalia society, dedicated to something about
Speyeria idalia (Regal Fritillary, N. America, doing poorly).  What can
people tell me about this group?

Floyd Catchpole  [email-masked]  Kansas State University, Biology Dep't.,
Ackert Hall,  Manhattan,KS 66506 USA  Phone: (913) 587-4630

"Almost everyone enjoys hunting quails with a good gun and a good dog.  How
much more interesting it is to hunt cicadas; detect them by their song from
the myriad other noises of a summer day; locate the singer by his repeated
cries; and then, either take him with a net or shoot him with a rifle in true
sportsmen style." Beamer, 1928, Studies on the Biology of Kansas Cicadidae,
The University of Kansas, Science Bulletin 18: 155.

---

From: [email-masked] (Doug Yanega)
Date: 4 Apr 1996 23:21:02 GMT

> people tell me about this group?

I believe I know one of the members - Eleaner (yes, spelled that way)
Adams, in Liberty, MO. Don't have a phone number handy, though. Her son
James is (was?) President of the Kentucky Lep. Soc., and you might contact
him in Dalton, GA ([email-masked]).

Doug Yanega     ([email-masked])
Illinois Natural History Survey, 607 E. Peabody Dr. 
Champaign, IL 61820  USA  (217) 244-6817 fax:(217) 333-4949
affiliate, University of Illinois Dept. of Entomology
  http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu:80/~dyanega/my_home.html
"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is
    the true method" - Herman Melville, Moby Dick