Subject: Manchester Travelbar Moth

From: Username@.cs.keele.ac.uk (Your_Full_Name)
Date: 23 Jan 1995 15:36:52 GMT

Can anyone provide me with information on the Manchester Travelbar Moth ?

([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] ("Colin Cracknell")
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:37:23 GMT

I think you mean Manchester Treble-bar, (Geometridae) Carsia sororiata 
Prout. 

Flight time July - August; Central, North & East England, Scotland, 
Central & West Ireland. Habitat, damp heathland, moorland. Food plant, 
bilberry, cowberry (plowers & leaves).

That's all I could find from Margaret Brooks' book. Apart from that I 
think it's a day-flyer, and I know it's rare and a bitch to find even 
when you're sure it's around.

------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] | "Specialisation is for insects" [RAH]
                           | "I specialise in insects" [ColinC]
All opinions are my own, but Darter Systems agrees with me.
------------------------------------------------------------------