Subject: Blue Tigers migrating in Aust.

From: [email-masked] (THE MOON IS FULL AND THE SILVERWOLF IS HOWLING.....)
Date: 29 Mar 95 15:50:45 +1000

For those Leps in Australia:

Date: 29th March 1995

Location: Bundaberg, Queensland.

Text:

A large number of Blue Tiger Butterfly (Tirumala hamata hamata Nymph.)
were seen migrating <?> in a northerly direction. It is unknown what their
destination is, or where their point of origin was. Caper White's (Belenois
java teutonia Pieridae) were also seen amongst the blue tigers. It was
about the same time last year, a similar migration was observed, only this
time, the dominant species was reversed (i.e. more caper whites last year)

If anyone has more information on either of these two species, please
contact me, either personally, or as a reply to this post.

Regards,

Paul.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Paul A. Farrell - M.Sc. Student {Entomology}                   ~        
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Bundaberg Research Station  | PH:  (071) 556 244               ~
~ MS 108                      | FAX: (071) 556 129               ~
~ Ashfield Rd.                |                                  ~
~ Bundaberg		      |	email: [email-masked] ~
~ Queensland, Australia, 4670 |                                  ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@t