Subject: green roaches ?

From: [email-masked] (the End)
Date: 16 Jan 1995 22:16:52 GMT

Rumors of "green" cockroaches ("Cuban ?") have reached my desktop.
What are they exactly, and whose got some they are willing to
share ?

Thanks,

Jim
J. Graham
Biology Department

---

From: [email-masked] (TLROSFE)
Date: 17 Jan 1995 23:56:26 -0500

Hi , my name is Jack Rosfeld and i am an avid 14 yr old collector and
taxonomist of insects . I also am in to the other sub directories of
entomology ( pest control , and life histories .) . I noticed you heard
about some green cuban roaches . I happen to have a picture of one , but I
don't have a scanner or i would send you it via e-mail . If you send me
your adress over e-mail i would be glad to send you a picture of one . If
you find out where to get them , please e-mail me the adress of the place
that has them , because i would like to obtain a few also . 

  Thanks ,
                                                                         
Jack Rosfeld

---

From: [email-masked] (MICHAEL BUTLER)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 22:52:39 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (the End) writes:
>Jim,

I have seen grn roaches at black lights in Jamaica and Costa Rica.  Those I
collected in C.R. keyed out to the genus *Panchlora* (light grn, about 2 cm. in
length).  According to Borrer, DeLong and and Tripplehorn, one member of the
genus (*P. nivea*) makes it as far N. as S. Texas.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael