Subject: H. Ungemach

From: Campbell Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:38:30 +0100

I am trying to find out where the collection of H. Ungemach - especially the
butterfly types - is to be found.

I can find very little information about him other than that he published a
paper "Contribution a l'etude des Lepidopteres d'Abyssinie. 1re Partie
Rhopaloceres" in Memoires de la Societe des Sciences naturelles du Maroc No.
32 (1932).
He does not feature in Horn & Kahle (et al. - editions up to 1990) nor in
Gilbert's bibliography of deceased entomologists.
He published in French, in a Moroccan journal, on Ethiopian butterflies and
I believe that some moth material he collected was sent to Italy, but
possibly some time later.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could help by replying directly to the
following address.

Campbell R. Smith
Butterfly systematist
Department of Entomology                     Tel.  ++ 44 [0]171 938 8745
The Natural History Museum                   fax.  ++ 44 [0]171 938 8937
Cromwell Road                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
(internet)
London SW7 5BD                   Museum Home Page URL: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/

---

From: Chuck Vaughn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 07:09:01 -0800

The recent message from Campbell R. Smith in regards to the H. Ungemach
collection started me wondering what happened to the Bob Wind collection.
It was located on Cannery Row in Monterrey, California and we used to buy
butterflies there in the 1960's.

Anyone know where it is located today and if so, is there public viewing?

Thanks,

Chuck Vaughn
<[email-masked]>