Subject: Maryland Fouth of July Butterfly Count - June 30

From: Sam Droege <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 07:23:00 MST

This is a recruiting call for the Swamp Poodle Fourth of July Butterfly Count.
This count is centered on the Federal properties the lie inbetween Baltimore and
Washington.  They include the Beltsville Agriculture Research Center, Patuxent
Wildlife Research Center, Fort George Meade, Davidsonville Transmitter Site, and
several state and county parks.

Last year was our first year and took place July 8.  We pulled in a hefty 43
species including:  Sleepy Orange, Checkered White, and Coral Hairstreaks.

This year's count will be June 30th.  Access to remote, normally closed, federal
properties will be obtained. Those interested in participating can contact Sam
Droege as written below.

Thanks

sam

   0<    0-      0<    0-      0<    0-      0<
->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)
  L      L      L      L      L      L      L

 Sam Droege  [email-masked]
 w 301-497-5840 h 410-798-6759 fax 301-497-5784
 NBS, 12100 Beech Forest Dr., Laurel, Md 20708
Http://www.im.nbs.gov

A little road not made of man,
Enabled of the eye,
Accessible to thill of bee,
Or cart of butterfly.

If town it have, beyond itself,
'T is that I cannot say;
I only sigh,--no vehicle
Bears me along that way.
  --Dickinson