Subject: Monarch Butterfly Spring Migration

From: [email-masked] (Donald A. Davis)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 22:41:11 GMT

Journey North's 2nd Annual Spring Monarch Migration Project is in full
swing!

You can help by reporting your first monarch sighting. Please include the
date, your name, your school's name, nearest city, state, or province, and
your global address (lattitude and longitude).

Send this information  as follows:

e-mail - [email-masked]
telephone: (612) 339-6959
 by regular mail: Journey North, 125 North First Street, Minneapolis,
Minnesota 55401

To subscribe, send an e-mail message to: [email-masked]. In
the body of the message write, "subscribe jn_news_monarch".

Gopher : informns.k12.mn.us (Pathway: Best of k-12/Journey North)

WWW: http://informns.ker.mn.us/~jnorth

Printed classroom materials are available. Journey North T-shirts are also
for sale.

Journey North is produced in collaboration with Hamline University's Centre
for Global Environmental Education. Program Director is Elizabeth Donnelly.
Elizabeth can be reached at:

[email-masked], internet

---

From: "Lee C. Larcheveque" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 12:44:02 -0400

I did not spot a spring monarch migrant, but I DID find two eggs on May
31 in Sunderland MA.  Nearest city- Springfield Mass. I do not know the
longitude and latitude, since I
was passing through on my way to Syracuse, NY.  The two eggs hatched this
morning in Syracuse, NY and will live out the rest of their larval lives
in South Glastonbury, CT.  Who knows, they may end up flying through
Sunderland Mass again.

Lee Larcheveque
58 South Mill Drive
So. Glastonbury, CT  06073

615 Walnut Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210