Subject: Environmental friendly Fly, Flee, Mosquito repellent or fumigator

From: [email-masked] (Herman Suriato)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 96 22:21:25 +0800

Hello,
I am have a fish pond in my home, and there is also a lot of fly, flee 
and mosquito in the garden. I was wondering, how to get rid of the 
insects without harming the fish and polluting the enviroment.
If any body has any idea, please contact me, and I will be more than 
grateful to listen.
Thanks.
Herman Suriato <[email-masked]>

---

From: Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:42:08 -0800

> Herman Suriato <[email-masked]>

As a former pond owner, the only tips I can give you are:  1. hAVE lots
OF FISH - they LOVE mosuito larva.  And 2.  Every week or so raise the
water level so the pond overflows.  This "pours off" many of the surface
dwelling mosquito larva.   Now, I have found that with a well balanced
pond, the insect level is not much higher than if the pond is not
there.  The increase in dragonfly and bird populations SHOULD HELP to
keep the insect population down.  Also, I do NOT see the relationship
between your pond and fleas.  Good Luck