Subject: Re: Help in IDing a large moth ? (please?)

From: Chris Conlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 22:35:08 -0800

I could have sworn I posted this earlier but a luna moth (Actias luna) is
the only thing it could be given the description and location.  Lunas are
common all over the Eastern USA and there is nothing else in the area of
Boston, MASS or the Eastern USA for that matter that looks anything like
it.  It's also about the right time of year for them.  You can email me for
any specific details you want.
Chris Conlan
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (David H. Ahrenholz, M.D.)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 09:29:21 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (DIPTERA2) 
writes:
> Does anyone know what the larvae eat 

	The caterpillers feed on walnut or hickory and can be a pest of pecan 
in the south.  The larvae grow rapidly and spin cocoons in about 4-5 weeks.  
The adults hatch out a s second brood in early August.  In the deep south 
there are three broods.   Dave Ahrenholz   

David Ahrenholz, M.D.
[email-masked]