Subject: *RE* Questions from the 8

From: [email-masked] (R.M.K.)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:55:21 GMT

To: [email-masked] (MR GOFF)
Subject: *RE* Questions from the 8th Grade...

 [email-masked] (MR GOFF) wrote:

M>James Atkins asks:  "Why do moths have those scales on their wings?"

For readers that have not had experience with this before... there are
QUITE often students on the net that try to get people to "do their
homework for them" ... I've seen LISTS of simple questions posted to
many technically-oriented newsgroups that could be answered by little
effort just by looking in a general reference book.  My teaching
experience has given me somewhat ambivalent feelings toward this, but I
feel too many students rely on computers to do work for them, and many
don't even know how to use library resources... even BOOKS, for that
matter. No offense to "MR GOFF" et al... but this belongs in the .k12
newsgroups... that's what they are for... I'm sorry if I sound
unsympathetic... and I realize that *THIS* discussion is off-topic of
leps per se... but if 'certain' posts are not just IGNORED... groups
like this will become inundated with rudimentary babble.

Rob.

---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ OO------>--->-->->> [email-masked] <<-<--<---<-----OO