Subject: Who's Who - Feb. 1, 1995

From: "Phil Schappert <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 06:32:55 -0500

--4e-- Feb. 1995 --PJS--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 THE ONLINE LEPIDOPTERISTS' WHO's WHO

             _--_                                     _--_
           /#()# #\         0             0         /# #()#\
           |()##  \#\_       \           /       _/#/  ##()|
           |#()##-=###\_      \         /      _/###=-##()#|
            \#()#-=##  #\_     \       /     _/#  ##=-#()#/
             |#()#--==### \_    \     /    _/ ###==--#()#|
             |#()##--=#    #\_   \!!!/   _/#    #=--##()#|
              \#()##---===####\   O|O   /####===---##()#/
               |#()#____==#####\ / Y \ /#####==____#()#|
                \###______######|\/#\/|######______###/
                   ()#O#/      ##\_#_/##      \#O#()
                  ()#O#(__-===###/ _ \###===-__)#O#()
                 ()#O#(   #  ###_(_|_)_###  #   )#O#()
                 ()#O(---#__###/ (_|_) \###__#---)O#()
                 ()#O#( / / ##/  (_|_)  \## \ \ )#O#()
                 ()##O#\_/  #/   (_|_)   \#  \_/#O##()
                  \)##OO#\ -)    (_|_)    (- /#OO##(/
                   )//##OOO*|    / | \    |*OOO##\\(
                   |/_####_/    ( /X\ )    \_####_\|
                  /X/ \__/       \___/       \__/ \X\
                 (#/                               \#)

                            Papilio machaon
               courtesy of the Dutch Butterfly Foundation
=========================================================================
Additions:

        Hristos T. Anastassiu           Sam Droege
        Neil Jones                      Dr Gerardo Lamas
        Roy Neeve                       Soren Nylin
        Dan Petr                        Robert K. Robbins
        David H. Small                  Dick Walton
        Ernest H. Williams

Revisions:

        Joe Culin
=========================================================================
Name:            John Abbott
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of North Texas
Location:        Denton, Texas
Specialties:     Odonata
Interests:       Lepidoptera, Coleoptera
Address:         Biology Department, University of North Texas
                 Denton, TX  76203
Phone/Fax:       (817) 565 3618 / (817) 565 3821
=========================================================================
Name:            Charlotte Albright
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA, NW Lepidopterists' Workshop
Location:        Seattle
Interests:       Speyeria, 4th of July Butterfly Counts
Address:         8217-19th Ave. NE.
                 Seattle, WA 98115
=========================================================================
Name:            Hristos T. Anastassiu
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
Location:        Ann Arbor MI
Specialties:     European Rhopalocera, especially Balkans
Interests:       Collecting, distribution maps. Traveling, sports,
                 mountain hiking.
Address:         1440 Broadway, Ann Arbor MI 48105
Phone/Fax:       (313) 665-2879 / (313) 747-2106
==========================================================================
Name:            Dick (Richard A.) Arnold
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./Lep. Res. Foundation/Assoc. Trop.
                 Lep./NABA/Ent. Soc. Amer./Pan-Pac. Ent.
Location:        California (USA)
Specialties:     Speyeria and other Argynnines; rare and
                 endangered insects and invertebrates
Interests:       all aspects of butterfly biology and conservation
Comments:        co-author of CAPTABLE program for analysis of
                 capture-recapture data
Address:         Entomological Consulting Services, Ltd.
                 104 Mountain View Court
                 Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 USA
Phone/Fax:       (510) 825-3784 / (510) 827-1809
=========================================================================
Name:            David R. Britton
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zoology Department, La Trobe University
Location:        Bundoora, Victoria AUSTRALIA
Specialties:     Geometridae, Lycaenidae
Interests:       nutritional ecology, conservation, general biology
Comments:        Currently liasing with local and federal government
                 organisations in relation to  preserving butterfly
                 communities with rare lycaenid species present
                 (within Victoria). Recently completed M.Sc. thesis on
                 nutritional ecology of geometrid moths (Chlenias spp.,
                 Ennominae)
Address:         Zoology, La Trobe University
                 Bundoora Vic. 3083 AUSTRALIA
Phone/Fax:       (03) 479 1672 / (03) 479 1551
=========================================================================
Name:            Henry M. (Hank) Brodkin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     NABA, Lorquin Society, Xerces Society
Location:        Los Angeles, California
Interests:       Butterflying, birding, the neotropics, and California's
                 deserts and mountains.
Comments:        I've only been butterflying for a couple of years.  My
                 wife and I are more interested in identifying and
                 photographing butterflies than collecting. We are also
                 interested in their life histories.
Address:         27 1/2 Mast Street, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Phone:       (310) 827-0407
=========================================================================
Name:            Margaret Bullock
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./NABA
Location:        Mid-Atlantic US
Specialties:     Morphinae - currently volunteer at National Museum of
                 Nat. History curating morphos and studying species
                 determination on basis of underwing pattern
Interests:       Neotropical butterflies
Comments:        Naval architect by profession; serious amateur when it
                 comes to butterflies and birds
Address:         Washington, DC
Phone/Fax:       301-227-1243 / 301-227-5442
=========================================================================
Name:            Patrick Coin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Location:        Durham, North Carolina
Specialties:     none
Interests:       butterfly photography, ecology, esp butterflies in NC
Comments:        I am a lab biologist. Natural history is a hobby.
=========================================================================
Name:            Charles V. Covell Jr.
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepid. Soc., ESA, Amer. Ent. Soc., Am. Mosq. Contr.
                 Assoc. et al.
Location:        Dept. of Biology, University of Louisville
                 Louisville, KY 40292-0001, U.S.A.
Specialties:     Lepidoptera in gen.; esp. systematics of Geometridae
                 (esp. subfam. Sterrhinae), worldwide, esp. Nearctic &
                 Neotropical.  Faunistics of Kentucky Lepidoptera;
                 butterflies of world.
Interests:       Photography, philately, soccer, travel, artifacts &
                 crafts of people visited; books on insects; etc.
                 Curate U. of Louisville Insect Collection & work on
                 mosquitoes and Ky. insects in gen.
Comments:        Too much to do.  Gotten to be a lousy correspondent
                 as result.
Address:         Dept. of Biology, Univ. of Louisville
                 Louisville, KY 40292-0001 U.S.A.
Phone/Fax:       (502) 852-6771 / (502) 852-0725
=========================================================================
Name:            Joe Culin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, Clemson University
Location:        Clemson, South Carolina, USA  (northwest corner of state)
Specialties:     Interactions of flower color (visible and UV), and nectar
                 qualities and butterfly visitation rates
Interests:       butterfly gardens, use of gardens in elementary and
                 secondary science education
Address:         Cherry Farm Entomology Laboratories, Department of
                 Entomology, Box 340365, Clemson University, Clemson,
                 SC 29631-0365, USA
Phone/Fax:       803 656 5041 / 803 656 5065
=========================================================================
Name:            Sam Droege
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     National Biological Service
Location:        Patuxent Environmental Research Center
Specialties:     Monitoring
Interests:       Checklists, Atlases, Counts; regional and national
Comments:        Willing to work with groups to develop monitoring programs.
Address:         12100 Beech Forest Dr., Laurel, MD 20708
Phone/Fax:       301-497-5840 / 301-497-5784
=========================================================================
Name:            Diogo Francisco Caeiro Figueiredo
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Biology; University of Evora
Location:        PORTUGAL
Specialties:     Entomology Conservation and Monitoring
Interests:       Management, Monitoring, Conservation Pieridae species
Address:         University of Evora, Department of Biology
                 Apartado 94 - 7001 Evora Codex, PORTUGAL
Phone/Fax:       (351) (066) 22106 / (351) (66) 711163
=========================================================================
Name:            Charles G. Fleming
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Educational Computing Services, Allegheny College
Location:        Meadville, Pennsylvania, USA
Interests:       geographical distribution of lepidoptera, digital
                 photography
Comments:        Amateur lepidopterist
Address:         Box 66
                 Allegheny College
                 Meadville, PA, 16335
Phone:           (814) 332 2755
=========================================================================
Name:            Kelly Fletcher
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     none
Location:        Bowling Green, OH  U.S.
Specialties:     My M.S. thesis is on the estimation of the rate of
                 gene flow between sympatric Colias philodice and C.
                 eurytheme butterflies using allozyme data.  I have a
                 fairly recent (2.5 years) interest in leps, so I don't
                 really have a broad range of specialties.
Interests:       cellist in B.G. symphony orchestra, huge Kids in the
                 Hall fan, biking, jogging, birdwatching, photography
                 and traveling when I can (I've been to Ecuador, Spain,
                 Alaska, and much of the continental U.S.  Next stop -
                 Puerto Rico in May!)
Comments:        M.S. student at Bowling Green State University in
                 Bowling Green, Ohio (done in May 1995).
Address:         Department of Biological Sciences
                 Bowling Green State University
                 Bowling Green, OH 43403
Phone:           (419) 372-2332
=========================================================================
Name:            Lawrence F. Gall (Larry)
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep Soc/Lep Res Foundation/NABA/Xerces/Toronto Ent/
                 Ohio Leps/Southern Leps/Ent Soc Amer/CT Ent Soc/+
Location:        southern Connecticut (Fairfield & New Haven counties)
Specialties:     systematics and ecology of Noctuidae, esp. Catocala/
                 life histories of Lepidoptera/application of computer
                 technologies in biological and museum contexts
Interests:       rearing/butterfly and moth walks for the public
Comments:        38 yrs old/married (Nancy Barrer)/one daughter
                 (Jennifer)
Address:         Head, Systems Office; Curatorial Affiliate in
                 Entomology, Peabody Museum of Natural History
                 Yale University, New Haven CT 06511 USA
Phone/Fax:       203-432-9892 / 203-432-9816
=========================================================================
Name:            Alan C. Gregory
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     North American Butterfly Assoc.; Lep Society; American
                 Ornithologists' Union; Assoc. of Field Ornithologists.
Location:        Conyngham, Pa.
Specialties:     Habitat surveying/censusing; photography; education.
Interests:       Native plants, preservation of wild lands.
Address:         PO Box 571, Conyngham, Pa. 18219-0571
Phone:           717 788-1425
=========================================================================
Name:            Fred Heath
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliations:    NABA (Board Member), Xerces, Lorquin Entomological Society,
                 Lep. Research Foundation.
Location:        Los Angeles, California
Interests:       Birding, Butterflies through binoculars, July 4th Counts
Comments:        Long time (35+ years) birder, 3 years of serious butterfly
                 watching (no collecting). Busy converting local birders to the
                 new challenge of butterfly ID through binoculars.
Address:         1532 Westgate Ave  #5,
                 Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone:           (310) 826-0083
=========================================================================
Name:            Daniel J. Hilburn
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Oregon Department of Agriculture
Location:        Salem, Oregon, USA
Specialties:     fall migration of Western monarchs, butterfly
                 gardening, butterfly conservation, insects of Bermuda
Address:         Oregon Department of Agriculture
                 635 Capitol St. NE, Salem, OR  97310-0110
Phone/Fax:       (503) 986-4663 / (503) 986-4735
=========================================================================
Name:            Dieter F. Hochuli
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     School of Zoology, La Trobe University, Bundoora VIC
                 Australia; Aust. ent Soc.; Ecol. Soc. Aust.; Aust.
                 Inst. Biol.
Location:        Melbourne, Victoria
Specialties:     Larval biology, nutritional ecology of larvae;
                 comparative morphology
Interests:       Herbivory at all levels; wood feeding Lepidoptera
                 larvae.
Address:         School of Zoology, La Trobe University,
                 Bundoora 3083, Victoria, Australia
Phone/Fax:       + 61 03 4792239 / + 61 3 4791551
=========================================================================
Name:            Neil Jones
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Butterfly Conservation (The short name for the British
                 Butterfly Conservation Society), Amateur Entomologists'
                 Society, Xerces Society.
Location:        Swansea, South Wales, United Kingdom
Specialties:     Variation and ecology of Euphydyas/Eurodryas spp
                 (Nymphalidae), Campaigning on the conservation of
                 endangered invertebrates

Interests:       Breeding, Watching and photographing (but not
                 collecting) lepidoptera.
=========================================================================
Name:            Meindert de Jong
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     The Dutch Butterfly Foundation
Location:        The Netherlands
Specialties:     Monitoring of Dutch butterflies in relation to
                 nature management; Educational things concerning
                 butterflies; publicity about butterflies.
Interests:       all aspects of butterflies in western Europe.
Comments:        I'm the contact person for E-mail
Address:         P.O.B. 506, 6700 AM Wageningen, Netherlands
Phone:           (+31) 8370 24224
=========================================================================
Name:            Seppo Koponen
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zoological Museum, University of Turku, Finland
Location/
Specialties:     Northern subarctic areas (Fennoscandia, Quebec)
Address:         Zoological Museum, University of Turku,
                 FIN-20500 Turku, Finland
Fax:             +358 21 633 6590
=========================================================================
Name:            Mikhail V. Kozlov
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Turku/Soc. Europ. Lep./Finnish Lep. Soc./
                 Assoc. for Trop. Lep./Russian Entomol. Soc.
Location:        Southern Finland; sometimes St.Peterburg, Russia; field
                 work mostly in Kola Pns, NW Russia.
Specialties:     Micropterigidae, Eriocraniidae, Opostegidae,
                 Tischeriidae, Incurvariidae, Adelidae.
Interests:       Taxonomy of above mentioned families; basic
                 lepidopteran phylogeny; population dynamics of
                 herbivorous lepidopterans under emission impact;
                 faunistics of Kola Pns., NW Russia.
Comments:        PhD obtained in 1986 in Russia. Previous research
                 topics: thoracal morphology and flight of caddis-flies
                 and lepidopterans; Lepidoptera in a large industrial
                 city.
Address:         Laboratory of Ecological Zoology, University of Turku,
                 Turku FIN 20500 Finland
Phone/Fax:       +358-21-6335492 (direct) / +358-21-6336550
=========================================================================
Name:            Dr Gerardo Lamas
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepidopterists' Soc.; Lep. Res. Found.; Assoc. Trop.
                 Lepid.; Shilap; Royal ent. Soc. London; Assoc. trop.
                 Biol.; Soc. History Nat. Hist.; Soc. mexic. Lepid.;
                 several others.
Location:        Neotropics (N Mexico to Tierra del Fuego).
Specialties:     Systematics and Biogeography of Neotropical butterflies,
                 especially Nymphalidae (Ithomiinae, Acraeini,
                 Heliconiini, Nymphalinae, Limenitidinae, Satyrinae, etc.)
                 and Pieridae.  Favorite group: Ithomiinae
Interests:       History of Natural History (esp. Entomology/
                 Lepidopterology); bibliography.
Comments:        I do NOT sell butterfly specimens; exchanges and loans
                 only on a limited basis.  Identification services
                 provided if prior arrangements made.
Address:         Museo de Historia Natural, Universidad Nacional Mayor de
                 San Marcos, Apartado 14-0434, Lima-14, PERU.
Phone/Fax:       (51-14)71-0117 / (51-14)30-0607
=========================================================================
Name:            Christer Lofstedt
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Ecology, Lund University
Location:        Southernmost Sweden.
Specialties:     Pheromones, evolution, ecology, genetics, reproductive
                 isolation
Address:         Department of Ecology, Lund University,
                 S-223 62 Lund, Sweden
Phone/Fax:       +46 46 10 93 38 / +46 46 10 47 16
=========================================================================
Name:            Christopher Majka
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lepidopterist's Society, Association For Tropical
                 Lepidoptera
Location:        Atlantic Canada.
Specialties:     Lepidoptera of the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
Interests:       General. Interested in ecology, behaviour & evolution
                 of Rhopalocera. Also interested in lepidoptera in art
                 and literature.
Comments:        Co-proponent of sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera
Address:         1171 Waterloo Street, HAlifax,
                 Nova Scotia, Canada   B3H 3L6
Phone/Fax:       (902)425-3725 / (902) 423-2057
=========================================================================
Name:            Kauri Mikkola
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Curator of Lepidoptera
Location:        Finnish Mus. of Nat. Hist., Helsinki
Specialties:     Holarctic Noctuidae, Geometridae, Papilionoidea;
                 industrial melanism; migrations
Comments:        No exchange or identification activity performed
Address:         Finnish Museum of Natural History, P.O. Box 17,
                 FIN-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Phone/Fax:       +358-0-1917431 / +358-0-1917443
=========================================================================
Name:            Scott E. Miller
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Bishop Museum, Honolulu
Location:        Neotropics, Pacific Islands, New Guinea
Specialties:     General Lepidoptera, especially Dalceridae,
                 Limacodidae, Megalopygidae
Address:         Bishop Museum, Box 19,000-A, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817 USA
Phone/Fax:       808-848-4193 / 808-847-8252
=========================================================================
Name:            Wm. Dean Morewood
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     University of Victoria / Ent. Soc. of Canada / Ent. Soc.
                 of B.C. / Lep. Soc. / Lep. Res. Found. / Assoc. for Trop.
                 Lep. ("Holarctic")
Location:        Southern British Columbia; also, Ellesmere Island, NWT.
Specialties:     _Hyalophora_ (Saturniidae), _Gynaephora_ (Lymantriidae)
Interests:       Temperature relations, life history strategies,
                 parasitoids.
Comments:        PhD student at UVic; thesis research centred around
                 high arctic _Gynaephora_ and their parasitoids.
Address:         Department of Biology, University of Victoria,
                 P.O. Box 1700, Victoria, B.C. V8W 2Y2 Canada
Phone/Fax:       (604) 721-7125 / (604) 721-7120
=========================================================================
Name:            Roy Neeve
E-mail Address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     British Butterfly Conservation Society
Location:        Southern England
Interests:       All aspects of  British Butterflies
Comments:        Active in the above Society... dedicated to saving wild
                 butterflies and their habitats.
Address:         47 Farm Close Seaford East Sussex BN25 3RY England
Phone/Fax:       01 323 490 958 / (manual) 01 323 490 958
=========================================================================
Name:            Soren Nylin
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Evolutionary ecology, Dept of Zoology, Stockholm
                 University
Location:        Stockholm, Sweden
Specialties:     Polygonia and other nymphalid butterflies
Interests:       Host plant interactions, seasonal plasticity
                 (photoperiodism and life histories, seasonal
                 morphs etc.), phylogeny of Nymphalini
Address:         Dept of Zoology, Stockholm University, S-106 91
                 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone/Fax:       +46-8-164033 / +46-8-167715
=========================================================================
Name:            Peter Ockenfels
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Zologisches Forschungsinstitut und Museum Alexander Koenig,
                 Dept. of Special Zoology University Bonn
Location:        Bonn, Germany
Specialties:     Lepidopterology; Chemical Ecology; Plant-Insect Interactions;
                 Electrophysiology; Sexual Selection
=========================================================================
Name:            Olle Pellmyr
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Asst Prof of Biology, Vanderbilt Univ
Location:        North America and Mesoamerica; World Incurvarioidea
Specialties:     Yucca-yucca moth coeovlution; Prodoxidae systematics;
                 evolution of monotrysian grade; evolution of host shifts
                 and specificity in Lepidoptera
Address:         Dept of Biology, Vanderbilt University, Box 1812 Stn B,
                 Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Phone/Fax:       615-343-4160 / 615-343-0336
=========================================================================
Name:            Ana Maria Penny
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, California Academy of
                 Sciences
Location:        San Francisco
Specialties:     General
Interests:       Lepidoptera Systematics and Classification
Address:         Department of Entomology, California Academy of
                 Sciences, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA  94118
Phone/Fax:       (415) 750-7241 / (415) 750-7228
=========================================================================
Name:            Dan Petr
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Biology, Southwestern Adventist College.
                 Lep.Soc./Assoc.Trop.Lep./Soc.Europea.Lep./MSA/Texas EM Soc.
Location:        Texas, USA
Specialties:     Morphology of adult feeding sensillae (Lepidoptera) using
                 the Scanning Electron Microscope
Interests:       Feeding behavior; territorial behavior; conservation issues;
                 photography; scientific illustration; travel; philately
Comments:        Doctoral studies at the University of North Texas,
                 Denton, Texas
Address:         Southwestern Adventist College, Department of Biology,
                 Keene, Texas 76059, USA
Phone/Fax:       (817) 645-3921 / (817) 556-4744
=========================================================================
Name:            Anthony Pietrak
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     The Philadelphia Insectarium, (Insect zoo and museum)
Location:        8046 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Specialties:     All types of insects, including Lepidoptera
Comments:        Mainly looking for any kind of insect specimans, dead
                 or alive, however also for pertinent information.
Address:         8046 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Phone/Fax:       215-338-3000 / 215-338-9989
=========================================================================
Name:            Tony Pittaway
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Royal Entomological Society
Location:        Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK
Specialties:     Palaearctic Sphingidae
Interests:       Holarctic Sphingidae and Papilionidae.
                 Biogeography. Ecology.
Address:         CAB INTERNATIONAL, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 8DE, UK
Phone/Fax:       (0491) 832111 / (0491) 833508
=========================================================================
Name:            Gerry Rising
E-mail Address:  [email-masked] (or [email-masked])
Affiliation:     NABA, University at Buffalo, Buffalo News
Location:        Western New York State
Specialties:     None
Interests:       General natural history, especially life histories
Comments:        I write a weekly nature column for the Buffalo News
Address:         295 Robinhill Drive, Williamsville, NY 14221-1639, USA
Phone/Fax:       716-689-8301 (messages: 645-3175) / 716-645-3161
=========================================================================
Name:            Robert K. Robbins
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Smithsonian Institution, Department of Entomology
Location:        Washington, DC 20560 USA
Specialties:     Biology of Theclinae (Lycaenidae), particularly
                 Neotropical Butterfly Species Diversity, Classification
                 of Butterfly Families
=========================================================================
Name:            Dr Gaden S. Robinson
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Department of Entomology, The Natural History Museum,
                 Cromwell Road, LONDON SW7 5BD, UK
Specialties:     Lepidoptera: Microlepidoptera esp. primitive
                 superfamilies and Tineoidea; Biodiversity esp. SE
                 Asian tropical forest.
Phone/Fax:       0171-938-9494 / 0171-938-8937
=========================================================================
Name:            Phil Schappert
E-mail address:  [email-masked] (or [email-masked])
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./Assoc. for Trop. Lep./Lep. Res. Foundation/
                 NABA/Toronto Entomologists' Assoc./York University
Location:        Southern Ontario, Canada (sometimes Jamaica...)
Specialties:     Euptoieta (Nymphalidae) and other Violales/Passiflor-
                 ales feeders (Heliconiids/Argynnids); BF's of Jamaica
Interests:       all aspects of butterfly biology esp. chemical
                 mediation of hostplant associations (ecol./evol.);
                 photography
Comments:        PhD student at YU; play a pretty good guitar (well at
                 least it cost a lot :); technophile; happily married
Address:         York University, Department of Biology, 4700 Keele St.,
                 North York, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3
Phone/Fax:       416-736-2100, ext. 33492 / 416-736-5698
=========================================================================
Name:            David H. Small
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Regional Supervisor - MDC Quabbin Reservoir, President -
                 Athol Bird and Nature Club
Location:        Athol, Massachusetts
Specialties:     Watershed Maintenance and Management
Interests:       Habitat management for invertabrates on the landscape level
                 and the propagation of low maintenance native species
                 meadows
Address:         MDC Field Office, 21 Elm Street, New Salem Ma. 01355
Phone/Fax:       508-544-6343 (office) / 508-544-0280
=========================================================================
Name:            Julie K. Stahlhut
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Michigan State University
Location:        East Lansing, Michigan (weekdays -- I actually live in
                 Kalamazoo.)
Specialties:     Beginning Ph.D student in entomology/evolutionary biology;
                 my many interests include larval defenses, detoxification,
                 behavior, and the evolution of holometabolous life
                 histories.  Most likely, I will be working with Eurytides
                 or Papilio swallowtails.  Also interested in Linnaean
                 Games; I'm going out for MSU's team this year.
Comments:        I'm a co-proponent, with Chris Majka, of this newsgroup.
=========================================================================
Name:            Dick Walton
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Xerces / NABA / MMANA
Location:        Concord, MA - USA
Interests:       monarch migration / field identification of N. A. skippers
                 video-taping leps / historical natural history
Comments:        Coordinator: Massachusetts Butterfly Atlas Project
                 Director: Monarch Migration Association of North America
Address:         7 Concord Greene #8, Concord, MA 01742 USA
=========================================================================
Name:            Ian P Woiwod
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Rothamsted Experimental Station
Location:        Hertfordshire,England,UK.
Specialities:    lepidoptera as bioindicators; environmental change,
                 diversity, migration, population dynamics, land use,
                 long term monitoring.
Comments:        Head of Rothamsted Insect Survey light trap network.
Address:         Entomology & Nematology Department,Rothamsted Experimental
                 Station,Harpenden,Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ,UK.
Phone/Fax:       (0582) 763133 Xtn.2457 / (0582) 760981
=========================================================================
Name:            Ernest H. Williams
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Affiliation:     Lep. Soc./ Assoc. Trop. Lep./ Lep. Res. Foundation/
                 NABA/ Xerces Society/ Society for Conservation
                 Biology/ Ecological Society of America/ Society for
                 the Study of Evolution/ Hamilton College
Location:        central New York; also, field research in northwest
                 Wyoming
Specialties:     population biology of Euphydryas gillettii; chemical
                 ecology of Aster-feeding nymphalids and their Aster
                 hostplants
Interests:       all aspects of butterflies; education about
                 butterflies, ecology, and environmental issues
Comments:        conduct annual Fourth of July butterfly counts in
                 central New York and in northwest Wyoming; Professor
                 of Biology
Address:         Department of Biology, Hamilton College
                 198 College Hill Road
                 Clinton, New York    13323
Phone/Fax:       315-859-4387 / 315-859-4807
=========================================================================

Compiled by Phil Schappert            [email-masked] or [email-masked]
    --Please forward any additions or revisions to [email-masked]

=========================================================================