Subject: newbie needs info

From: "LAYCO,MIA GAMBRELLI,MS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 13:27:27 EST

Just subscribed to the list 5 minutes  ago ...

Does anyone know where I can get info on the net specifically on
pyrrolizidine alkaloid use in sexual selection in insects ?

Any help AT ALL would be greatly appreciated - and I mean it!

---

From: "Julian P. Donahue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 19:14:48 -0500

I'd start with Michael Boppre, who's Online Lepidopterists' Who's Who listing
I am enclosing.  Searching through Zoological Record is always a fast and
productive way to find the mountain of literature that exists on PAs.

Happy Hunting. Julian Donahue

Name:            Michael Boppre
E-mail address:  [email-masked]
Location:        Director, Forstzoologisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-
                 Universitaet, Freiburg i.Br., Germany
Specialities:    pheromone communication, androconial organs, relations to
                 plants, defense, mimicry
Interests:       Danainae, Arctiidae, Ctenuchidae, Ithomiinae
Address:         Prof. Dr. Michael Boppre, Forstzoologisches Institut
                 Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet, D-79098 Freiburg i.Br., Germany
Phone:           (+49) 761-203-3663   or   (+49) 7661-9301-12
Fax:             (+49) 761-203-3661   or   (+49) 7661-62146

---

From: Dr William E Conner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:40:23 -0500

>Any help AT ALL would be greatly appreciated - and I mean it!

Newbie,
        I don't know of any websites devoted to pyrrolizidine alkaloids and
sexual selection, but you might try the following review paper as an
entrance to the literature.

Birch, M. C, Poppy, G. M., and Baker, T. C. 1990. Scents and eversible scent
structures of male moths. Annual review of Entomology 35:25-58.