Subject: Borneo Bug Hunt Invit.

From: Ralph Cutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 18:34:34 -0800

The Sarawak (northern Borneo) government is partially 
subsidising a cave mapping expedition to the interior 
highlands of Borneo this fall. It will be a six week 
expedition with twenty people. 
	We are looking for an entomologist who doesn't mind living 
and working in a challenging environment. The most important 
requirement is that he or she be able to get along well with 
other people for extended periods in less than pleasant 
conditions. You will be camping in hot, wet, *very* remote 
tropical rainforest and working in steep terrain.
 Caving and technical rock climbing experience is not 
absolutely neccessary but is certainly a plus. Excellent 
physical condition is a must.
	You will be the sole entomologist on the trip and your task 
will be to collect and identify the insects in and around 
the caves.
	Your cost will be about $2,500. and includes all travel 
(including rt air to/from US), equipment, food and lodging 
for six weeks.
	You will retain rights to all your work but must make it 
freely available to all group members and the government of 
Malaysia/Sarawak.
	-Ralph