Subject: S.B.E.L Readership Statistics

From: [email-masked] (Christopher Majka)
Date: 6 Feb 95 12:03:01 -0400

Hi folks!

Just for your information, here's the estimate of how many people read
sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera.  This information comes from newsgroup 
news.lists, under the heading "USENET Readership report for Jan 95".  We are 
estimated to have a readership of 8,200 world-wide (0.1% of Usenet readers) and 
the group is listed in 47% of Usenet sites. Recent traffic averages 110 
posts/month. We are, in fact, 2,546th most popular group on Usenet!

Happy reading!

Christopher Majka

        +-- Estimated total number of people who read the group, worldwide.
        |     +-- Actual number of readers in sampled population               
        |     |     +-- Propagation: how many sites receive this group at all
        |     |     |      +-- Recent traffic (messages per month)        
        |     |     |      |      +-- Recent traffic (megabytes per month)    
                                USENET Readership report for Jan 95 (p2 of 226)
        |     |     |      |      |      +-- Crossposting percentage
        |     |     |      |      |      |    +-- Cost ratio: $US/month/rdr
        |     |     |      |      |      |    |      +-- Share: % of newsrders
        |     |     |      |      |      |    |      |   who read this group.
        V     V     V      V      V      V    V      V               
2546   8200   77   47%   110     0.1    1%  0.01   0.1%  sci.bio.entomology.
							   lepidoptera