Subject: Software for Entomologists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 14:12:06 GMT

I'm a hobby lepidopterologist from Switzerland (Europe). Together with a friend,
I made a PC-program for entomologists (see description below). This version is in
German and is running under DOS.

Now, we are going to develop a new edition for the Windows environment. As we
know that in Europe there is no similar (low-price) software available for private 
users, we consider to develop an international version in English.

Before undertaking this step, I d like to know the situation in the USA too. So
please inform me, if you know about the existence of such programs or if you are 
interested in bringing in your ideas in a modern entomological computer program.

Marc-Andr‚ Dumont
[email-masked]

Short description of ENTOS
-------------------------

A powerful database (DOS) for recording data from various topics: Taxonomy, 
Literature, Geography, Biology, Collections. Quick data sampling and analysis. 
Allows user interaction in the taxonomy structure. Lists can be stored as text-file 
or dBase-compatible file. Includes a diary and links to other programs, which can 
print diagrams and distribution maps. For the time being ENTOS is only available in 
German.