Subject: re: This newsgroup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 03:23:57 GMT

[email-masked] (R.M.K.) writes:

> I saw a post maybe a week or so back that indicated several ADDITIONAL
> s.b.entomology.*  groups were being proposed...  Anybody hear any more
> about this..??... I would be happy to vote additional newsgroups in, but
> have not seen a formal "call for votes" yet... I'm sure this would help
> w/John's problem, seeing as this is currently the ONLY ent. group.

In addition to having been the co-proponent of sci.bio.entomology. 
lepidoptera, I am also one of the co-proponents of sci.bio.entomology.misc,
which is a general group for entomological discissions (actually it is not
true that SBEL is the only entomology group. Take a look at sci.agriculture.
beekeeping for instance.)

This proposal has passed through itÕs RFD stage and is queued up waiting  
for the CFV to be issued (in approximately 3 weeks we are told). Watch 
for it
to be cross-posted here. If all goes well sci.bio.entomology.misc could 
be up 
and running in June.

Cheers!

Christopher Majka
--
Christopher Majka
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Internet: <[email-masked]> & <[email-masked]>
Home Page: URL = http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/~aa051