Subject: Expert on Powder-post Beetle needed

From: [email-masked] (Martin Kerpel)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 20:54:09 -0600

I am looking for any entomologist near Los Angeles.  I am a law student
working with a lawyer in Los Angeles.  Our client is a carpenter who built
some cabinetry.  The person whom the cabinetry was built for claims that
it was infested with powder post beetles.
   We need someone who can determine whether the infestation is active or
inactive.  What type of beetle it is. (we believe it is a Lyctid beetle) 
Where the beetle came from.(the cabinets or another source)  Finally, what
should be done to eliminate the pests.  If this goes to court we would
need an expert to testify as well.
   If anyone can be of help, or knows of anyone that can help, please
contact me by e-mail.

Thank You 

Martin Kerpel

[email-masked]

-- 
Martin Kerpel
Northwestern University
[email-masked]