Subject: Re: Begineer

From: Michael Pennington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:44:11 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>
        "A.P.K.Torry" <[email-masked]> writes: 

> IRRELEVENT a moth has as much right not toi be collected as does a butterfly!

> Your case for non-collecting must stand unopposed for all members 
of the order
>  or non at all.

> Andrew T

My case for collecting (or otherwise) is based on neccesity and 
commonsense, not mere taxonomy.

-- 
Mike Pennington
Baltasound, Unst, Shetland
[email-masked]
Shetland Wildlife Pages http://www.zetnet.co.uk/sigs/birds/links.html

"I wanted to build a team that was unbeatable, so they'd have to 
bring a team from Mars to beat us" - Bill Shankly

---

From: [email-masked] (Americo.Bonkewitzz)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 05:48:07 GMT

>commonsense, not mere taxonomy.

What sort of neccesity ? If you are not doing taxonomy what are you 
collecting for ?

>bring a team from Mars to beat us" - Bill Shankly

Americo N. Bonkewitzz

---

From: Michael Pennington <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 19:33:58 +0100

> Americo N. Bonkewitzz

I collect voucher specimens for placement in the National museum and 
specimens I cannot identify. Therefore my necessity (spelt it right 
this time) is not based on tha taxonomic position of a creature (e.g. 
collect all Lepidoptera).

I hope this will be my last posting on this subject (huge audible 
sigh of relief from around the globe).