Subject: Re: Collecting in National Parks

From: Gaden Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 19:11:54 GMT

>Stuart Wilson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I always find it irksome to see fishermen in National Parks catching
>> trout with impunity while I have to refrain from even picking a nice bug
>> off of my radiator grille.
>
Speaking personally, I find that bugs from radiator grilles are usually
undercooked and taste of diesel fumes. You are better off with trout -
clean, wrap in aluminium foil with some lemon verbena and wild thyme if you
can find them, plus a few dabs of butter, wire package to top of hot
exhaust silencer (not the manifold!!!) or engine for a twenty minutes'
drive then enjoy!

But surely the FWS has realised after all these years that this elaborate
charade with the trout is a parasitologists' scam to remove fish ecto- and
endoparasites from National Parks without a permit?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaden S. Robinson, Biodiversity Division, Department of Entomology,
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, LONDON SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel.: +44-(0)171-938-9494. Fax: +44-(0)171-938-8937.
INTERNET: [email-masked] [or] [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE that all UK telephone codes except for those of five cities
will need a "1" prefix (as above) from 16 April 1995. Prefixed codes
work NOW. Codes for Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Leicester and Bristol
will be changed completely.
----------------------------------------------------------------------