Subject: Breeding C. hercules, A. mittrei.

From: Mario De Cleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 22:37:03 +0200

We are breeding  moths of the Saturnidae family. Especially Attacus
-species. My favourite is Attacus atlas  (Atlas moth). My main interests are
hybrids and abberations.
Could someone give me more information for my currently breeding of
Coscinocera hercules (hercules moth) and Argema mittrei ( Madagascar Moon
moth). .These species are not very common . We like all information about
foodplants, parasitism, level of humidity, conditions to let them pupate e.o.
Last Years we start  to find out the best ingredients for artificial
feeding. None of them was acceptable.
The larfs did not eat the prepared food. So far as we know only good result
are noted for species like Arctidae and Sphingidae. If someone already found
an artificial diet for Saturnidae species like Attacus atlas, lorquinii,
imperator, ceasar, or for Archeoattacus staudingerii and edwardsii? Please
send replies to me:
.
Thanks in advance,

Mario De Cleen
Rupelmondestraat 265
B-9150 Bazel-Belgium
Phone / Fax: +32 3 7742888
email: [email-masked]

****************************************************************************
****************************************