Subject: Lep surveys

From: "Richard A. Lent" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 10:10:00 -0500

I am running a volunteer-based survey of diurnal lepidoptera in
Massachusetts, based on a prior 5-year atlasing project run by the
Massachusetts Audubon Society.  I would be interested in communicating
with others doing broad-scale lep surveys, particularly those using
geographical information systems to help manage the data and to
analyze geographic patterns, association of lep assemblages with
environmental data, etc.  The survey is in the pilot stage right
now, and was initiated last summer.  We are hoping to expand the
geographic scope of the study as interest builds.

Rich Lent

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Richard A. Lent                  Harvard University                     |
|                                  Harvard Forest                         |
| ralent@amherst     (Bitnet)      P. O. Box 68, Petersham, MA  01366 USA |
| [email-masked] (Internet)    508-724-0228/3302 (voice)              |
| [email-masked]  (Internet)    508-724-3595 (fax)                     |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+