Subject: Kentucky Lepidopterists Meeting

From: "Charles V. Covell Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:36:25 EST

Dept. of Biology, Univ. of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
PHONE: (502) 852-6771

I would like to extend an invitation to any of you in Leps-L Land
to attend the 21st annual meeting of the Society of Kentucky
Lepidopterists at the University of Louisville, KY, USA, on Sat.
11 Nov., 1995.  The meeting will be in Life Sciences Room 321 (the
entomology lab), convening informally at 9:30 AM for fellowship,
identification of specimens, discussion of fauna, etc.  At 1 we
will have a short business meeting conducted by Pres., Dr. James
K. Adams of Dalton, GA.  After that, we have a programme of several
short presentations, and a main talk by our special guest, Mr. Leps-L
himself, Lawrence Gall, who is working with colleagues on a fascicle
of the MOTHS OF AMERICA NORTH OF MEXICO treating the underwings,
genus _Catocala_.  Dr. John Shuey will talk about butterfly conser-
vation efforts in Indiana; and I will talk about butterfly garden
experiences this summer here in KY.  We will also have other short
talks and reports.  FRI. evening, Nov. 10, Mr. & Mrs. Jay Hutti will
host our annual potluck supper/party, and we will show some video
there.  If you are a Ky. Lepid. member, directions for getting to
the Hutti's house are on pg. 2 of the newsletter you should have in
hand by now.  Those of you who are not, I can provide information.
If you are in travel distance, why not join us, and meet some fellow
leppers.  Cheers, Charlie

Charles V. Covell Jr.   [email-masked]
Dept. of Biology, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292-0001   PHONE: (502) 852-6771 (office)
(502) 852-0725 (FAX); (502) 456-6122 (home).  "So many bugs..."