Subject: Smithsonian\Audubon magaz

From: [email-masked] (R.M.K.)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 19:45:04 GMT

To: ALL
Subject: Smithsonian\Audubon magazines

I firstly will apologize for a somewhat off-topic post... but I have
already exhausted more obvious sources...

I am looking for subject indexes for the last 15-20 years of SMITHSONIAN
and/or AUDUBON magazines.  We have these for resource material, but they
are somewhat useless without some sort of cumulative index.  Many times
I have recalled an article from years back that I would like to use for
reference... but couldn't remember the issue it was in.  Yes, I have
contacted the publisher... Smithsonian told me that they made an attempt
to do this years ago, but it was discontinued.  It's really a shame that
such fine magazines don't have some way to reference articles.  We also
have NATURAL HISTORY magazines back to '77 <which ARE indexed yearly>...
and use these as reference all the time... wish they were databased,
tho.

I haven't seen BIO-abstracts on computer, personally... but it seems
like they should be..??...  perhaps a more computer-literate person than
myself could search a database such as this for all articles pertaining
to  these publications..??.  I would even be willing to share the task
of indexing a few years myself, if others wanted to help.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help or suggestions related to this...
there must be other people, as myself, that keep these magazines in
their library... and wish they had an index of them.

Thankx for any help......

Rob.
---
 þ QMPro 1.53 þ OO------>--->-->->> [email-masked] <<-<--<---<-----OO