Subject: Amplify 1.2 submission

From: (Bill Engels) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1993 23:14:48 -0600

Dear IUBio Archivist:

   Enclosed is an update of Amplify for the Macintosh. This file can
replace the previous version currently on your archive. The text below is
also included as a ReadMe file in the folder.

AMPLIFY 1.2

    This Macintosh software is for use in designing, analyzing, and
simulating experiments involving the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). PCR
is a technique used by molecular biologists to amplify highly selected
segments of DNA. If you never heard of PCR, you probably have no use for
this program. 

    To use Amplify you must supply the sequences of the primers and the
target DNA. The software then analyzes the combination of primers and
target sequence you have chosen to determine what portions of the target
are likely to be amplified. The result is a graphical map of the target
sequence, primer binding sites and amplified fragments. The program also
provides various bits of helpful information about the reaction products,
primer binding sites, potential dimer formation, etc., that can help in
planning a PCR experiment and designing primers.

     Version 1.2 fixes a few bugs. There are no new features since version 1.0.

Send questions and comments to me at the addresses below, preferably by e-mail.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Engels                           :                [email-masked]
Genetics Department                   :                office: (608) 263-2213
University of Wisconsin               :                   lab: (608) 262-5578
Madison, WI  53706                    :                   FAX: (608) 262-2976
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------