Subject: yeaststrains.txt

From: [email-masked] (Kai-Uwe Froehlich)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 93 10:29:40 +0100

This Hypercard 2 stack is designed for scientists working with yeast (S. 
cerevisiae) and having more than a few strains. The stack is devised for a 
storage format of 10x10 strains per box. A version designed for boxes of 
8x8  is also available and can be asked for via e-mail. 

Besides some bug-fixes from vers. 1.0, vers. 1.2 is several times faster 
displaying the individual strains. Those of you who have already built a 
strain collection using vers. 1.0 or 1.1 of my stack can e-mail me for an 
updater, which installs the 1.2  improvements without messing up the 
strains already in the collection.
Attention: A version 1.0 has been posted on a number of servers while
the accompanying README file described it as version 1.2. You should check 
the version of your collection in the info field in the Finder.

For each strain, mutant alleles are entered by choosing from a list, 
alternative strain names, origin, plasmids and other commentary can be 
stored in addition. Diploid  strains can be entered by ÒmatingÓ. Strains 
can be extracted quickly by searching for the presence or absence of 
mutant alleles, or for other criteria. Search results can be printed or 
exported as text files.

For German yeast researchers: Eine deutsche Version (nur 10x10-Format)
kann per e-mail bei mir angefordert werden. 
[email-masked]